PDA

View Full Version : Football No McDaniels in KC folks

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-07-2012, 10:28 AM
RapSheet Ian R. Rapoport
Holy nuts. @AdamSchefter just said Patriots are expected to hire Josh McDaniels as an offensive assistant... and he'll join for the playoffs

Mr_Tomahawk
01-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Chiefs are planning to retain Romeo Crennel and remove interim tag from his title. Move would be popular in the locker room.

notorious
01-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Reerun is officially on suicide alert.

cabletech94
01-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Reerun is officially on suicide alert.

most everyone else on CP officially OFF suicide alert.

evolve27
01-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Where is Mecca when you need him?

JD10367
01-07-2012, 11:39 AM
As a Pats fan, I'm happy with this move. McDaniels is a better coordinator than coach at this young age and stage, and he's a more than adequate replacement for Bill O'Brien and more palatable to many Pats fans than a Mike Martz.

As a Chiefs supporter, I'm conflicted. I'm a bit disappointed because I think McDaniels would've made a fine OC under Romeo. But I'm sure the plan was to move McDaniels into the HC spot in a season or two, where I don't think he's ready to succeed yet, so as a Chiefs supporter I'm also pleased that he's not going there. (Maybe when Belichick retires--probably around 2028--McDaniels will be ready to coach again, LOL.) And if the Chiefs had signed JMD they might have been inclined to keep Cassel to see what Josh could do with/for him, so for the Cassel-haters (a/k/a "almost all Chiefs fans") this is probably best.

Brock
01-07-2012, 11:40 AM
When you have Tom Brady, it doesn't really matter.

TEX
01-07-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm glad he's not going to be anywhere near KC. If only the same could be said for Matt Cassel...

CaliforniaChief
01-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Wow, is it rare for a hire to come on board and join the team for the playoffs?

BigMeatballDave
01-07-2012, 11:45 AM

Mother fucking This!

JD10367
01-07-2012, 11:46 AM

Well, it doesn't matter as much, that's for sure. As I've said elsewhere, with Brady and Welker and Gronk and AHern a masturbating chimp can probably come up with a good offense. Still, better to have a decent OC than not.

BoneKrusher
01-07-2012, 11:46 AM
he was only intrested in the HC gig in KC.
if he was gonna settle for an OC gig, it was gonna be elsewhere with a proven QB.

JD10367
01-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Wow, is it rare for a hire to come on board and join the team for the playoffs?

I think so, but it's also rare for a coordinator to take another job while his team is heading to the postseason (although the Pats have some experience with that). Since Bill O'Brien is leaving on good terms, and McDaniels left on good terms, and McDaniels is definitely out in St. Louis anyway... :shrug: He's apparently being hired as an offensive assistant, with BOB retaining the OC title through the playoffs. He probably won't have a lot of input but it'll be a great head start for next season, as JMD can see Gronk and AHern in action and get a feel for what kind of O he hould be installing.

Titty Meat
01-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Alright Romeo coming back! 10-6 mother fuckers!

DaWolf
01-07-2012, 12:09 PM
he was only intrested in the HC gig in KC.
if he was gonna settle for an OC gig, it was gonna be elsewhere with a proven QB.

I don't know if I believe that. He's going back to the Pats because of loyalty to BB, that's the main reason. Otherwise, he's got such a man crush on Cassel he was looking to ship Jay Cutler out of town to get Cassel in. So I don't think he would have turned down the OC job. It may be possible that Pioli realized there's no way bringing McD to KC would work, because it would turn off the fanbase and there would be constant speculation about when McD would replace Romeo. I think Pioli wants a low key, stable, solid and non-attention grabbing staff...

MTG#10
01-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Where is Mecca when you need him?

No shit, I would love to hear Mecca's excuse for the complete sucktitude of Mark Sanchez too...

SAUTO
01-07-2012, 12:12 PM
No shit, I would love to hear Mecca's excuse for the complete sucktitude of Mark Sanchez too...

Who gives a fuck about mark sanchez? Who gives a fuck about mecca's excuses for the guy? He sucks plain and simple. Just like cassel.
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher
01-07-2012, 12:48 PM
he's got such a man crush on Cassel he was looking to ship Jay Cutler out of town to get Cassel in.

that Man Crush on Cassel probably isn't very strong now that he's figured out Matt's two winning seasons in the NFL were vs the NFC West.

boogblaster
01-07-2012, 12:51 PM
guess... bye .... we could of been a contender ......

Extra Point
01-07-2012, 02:06 PM
guess... bye .... we could of been a contender ......LMAO

Rams Fan
01-07-2012, 02:57 PM
McDaniels is definitely out in St. Louis anyway... :shrug:

That isn't true.

They are allowing him to seek other job opportunities but he is still employed by the team and if the Rams had their way, he would at least stay until the new HC is hired where a decision would be made.

Brock
01-07-2012, 05:00 PM
That isn't true.

They are allowing him to seek other job opportunities but he is still employed by the team and if the Rams had their way, he would at least stay until the new HC is hired where a decision would be made.

If they wanted it that way, they could make it that way. They would just as soon he move on, obviously.

Messier
01-07-2012, 05:03 PM
If they wanted it that way, they could make it that way. They would just as soon he move on, obviously.

I think the Rams wanted to retain him. Why release the whole staff but him?

BoneKrusher
01-07-2012, 05:05 PM

i've read reports from a couple forums that Bradford wanted the Rams to keep Josh.

Brock
01-07-2012, 05:06 PM

I agree, it's confusing.

Messier
01-07-2012, 05:07 PM
i've read reports from a couple forums that Bradford wanted the Rams to keep Josh.

Fisher might want to start from scratch.

bevischief
01-07-2012, 05:10 PM
fuck him...

mnchiefsguy
01-07-2012, 05:12 PM

The rest of the staff had contracts that expired. If they let McDaniels go, and he did not get another job, they would still have to pay him. Since they have to pay him, they want to keep him around...unless someone else wants to pay him, which would let the Rams off the hook for his contract. Sounds like the Rams being cheap to me.