PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Peter King on Cassel

chiefforlife
01-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Matt Cassel - QB - Chiefs

SI's Peter King expects Matt Cassel to return to the Chiefs in 2012.
Cassel is owed $5.25 million in base salary in 2012. Before landing on injured reserve with a hand injury following Week 10, he was a below-average NFL quarterback. Cassel posted a 10:9 TD-to-INT ratio and averaged just 190.3 passing yards per game. After new coach Romeo Crennel finds an offensive coordinator, he should turn his attention to finding competition for Cassel.

Fritz88
01-09-2012, 11:33 AM
My reaction

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-MVJMQktloY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Micjones
01-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Rather he should convince Pioli to draft one come April and to retain Orton.

chiefforlife
01-09-2012, 11:35 AM
BELOW AVERAGE QB.

The Chiefs HAVE to see this. I cant see Pioli/Crennel going down with Cassel.

DMAC
01-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Can we stop talking about him

dannybcaitlyn
As a Backup!

BigMeatballDave
His competition will be a lifesize cutout of himself.

He would still struggle to retain the starting position...

BigMeatballDave
01-09-2012, 11:41 AM

Nope.

He's our QBOTF

Brock
01-09-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm pretty certain he's going to get one more chance. You need to start praying Stanzi suddenly gets it.

trndobrd
01-09-2012, 11:43 AM
BELOW AVERAGE QB.

The drastic improvement in the team's performance with a mediocre NFL QB with only a few weeks with the team and coming off a hand injury has to make it crystal clear that Cassel is not the answer, even to Pioli.

I believe RAC has no faith in Cassel after watching him in practice and on the field.

Yet the ability of the Chiefs organization to make poor decisions cannot be underestimated.

CoMoChief
01-09-2012, 11:45 AM
It will be Pioli's decision whether or not Cassel is the starter next season.

01-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Well that said a whole lot of nothing

CoMoChief
01-09-2012, 11:47 AM
The drastic improvement in the team's performance with a mediocre NFL QB with only a few weeks with the team and coming off a hand injury has to make it crystal clear that Cassel is not the answer, even to Pioli.

I believe RAC has no faith in Cassel after watching him in practice and on the field.

Yet the ability of the Chiefs organization to make poor decisions cannot be underestimated.

The offense wasn't that much better with Orton.

Having that said, I agree 100% Cassel needs to be traded.

01-09-2012, 11:48 AM
The offense wasn't that much better with Orton.

Having that said, I agree 100% Cassel needs to be traded.

nobody would trade for him.

siberian khatru
01-09-2012, 11:49 AM
My only hope is that Pioli was hoping he could snag McD to "rescue" Cassel, and having failed to do that he will be more likely to cut ties with him, thinking there's no one else out there who can work the magic.

More likely, he's thinking: I get rid of Haley and get Charles and Moeaki back, draft some OL, Cassel will be good enough.

trndobrd
01-09-2012, 11:50 AM

I would be willing to give up a 6th round pick for someone to take him.

Titty Meat
01-09-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm pretty certain he's going to get one more chance. You need to start praying Stanzi suddenly gets it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0Ogs_NsXh58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BoneKrusher
01-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Rather he should convince Pioli to draft one come April and to retain Orton.

this or Trade for Tebow, he's 100 times better than Cassel.

RealSNR
01-09-2012, 11:54 AM
His competition will be a lifesize cutout of himself.

He would still struggle to retain the starting position...At least cardboard cutout Matt would be better at avoiding pressure in the pocket.

FringeNC
01-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Matt Cassel - QB - Chiefs

After new coach Romeo Crennel finds an offensive coordinator, he should turn his attention to finding competition for Cassel.

Other than Tyler Palko, how many other QBs in the league couldn't beat out Cassel, even backups? In an open competition between Orton and Cassel, there is simply no way Cassel could win. In other words, if there is competition for Cassel, Cassel will not make the final roster. He's too expensive for a backup.

Sannyasi
01-09-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm tired of this competition bullshit. "Competition" implies that we are bringing in someone whom Cassel can actually compete with, which means he is not going to be good enough to be an NFL quarterback. The only thing Cassel should be competing for is a spot in the unemployment line.

lcarus
01-09-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm tired of this competition bullshit. "Competition" implies that we are bringing in someone whom Cassel can actually compete with, which means he is not going to be good enough to be an NFL quarterback. The only thing Cassel should be competing for is a spot in the unemployment line.

LOL, agreed. Also when you hear your coaches and/or GM say over and over again that "Playing Cassel gives us the best chance to win"....you probably don't have a very good chance to win in the first place.

Bugeater
01-09-2012, 12:12 PM
My only hope is that Pioli was hoping he could snag McD to "rescue" Cassel, and having failed to do that he will be more likely to cut ties with him, thinking there's no one else out there who can work the magic.

More likely, he's thinking: I get rid of Haley and get Charles and Moeaki back, draft some OL, Cassel will be good enough.
This, unfortunately, is more than likely the truth.

whoman69
01-09-2012, 12:18 PM
As a Backup!

The only thing I want out of Cassel is for him to be an ex-Chief.

lcarus
01-09-2012, 12:20 PM
We were all scared that Cassel getting injured would just buy him more time as a Chief and would lead to him starting next year. Looks like that might turn out to be true.....

HemiEd
01-09-2012, 12:28 PM

I see new hope, with McDaniels going to New England. Maybe they want him as a backup/future star in front of Hoyer and Mallett? :D

BoneKrusher
01-09-2012, 12:29 PM
We were all scared that Cassel getting injured would just buy him more time as a Chief and would lead to him starting next year. Looks like that might turn out to be true.....

i thought that was a Convenient injury for sure.

Cornstock
01-09-2012, 12:39 PM
At least cardboard cutout Matt would be better at avoiding pressure in the pocket.

This. Always seemed like Cassel was sliding into the guy that Albert/Richardson was blocking this year, resulting in one of those awkward sacks where the D-lineman grabs Cassel through the O-lineman and waits for him to fall down cause he can't escape.

Mr. Laz
01-09-2012, 12:52 PM
omg ... this

htismaqe
01-09-2012, 01:48 PM

So we should just shut our mouths and not say a word about the #1 issue...actually, the ONLY issue...keeping this team from being a contender.

BigMeatballDave
01-09-2012, 02:07 PM
omg ... this

Read post #30

Hammock Parties
01-09-2012, 02:08 PM
I'll take Cassel getting another chance just to watch him blow it and be humiliated in front of 80,000 fans by being yanked for an alcoholic QB with a gut.

Chiefnj2
01-09-2012, 02:09 PM
So we should just shut our mouths and not say a word about the #1 issue...actually, the ONLY issue...keeping this team from being a contender.

Which is why Orton put up all those points the last two weeks.

BigMeatballDave
01-09-2012, 02:11 PM

WTF does that have to do with anything?

htismaqe
01-09-2012, 02:13 PM

Neither of them are a long-term solution - should we not talk about him either?

BigMeatballDave
01-09-2012, 02:19 PM
I swear Laz and nj2 are secretly holding out hope that Cassel will be great.

Chiefnj2
01-09-2012, 02:21 PM
I swear Laz and nj2 are secretly holding out hope that Cassel will be great.

You are one dumb mfer. Really. People like you claimed it was all Cassel. Cassel was THE ONLY THING holding the offense back. They still sucked with Orton. The problems go deeper than just QB.

BoneKrusher
01-09-2012, 02:21 PM
what can we say,
The Chiefs have made a Commitment to Mediocre.

rad
01-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Neither of them are a long-term solution - should we not talk about him either?

*fingers in ears* LALALALALALALALALALWHAT???!!

Brock
01-09-2012, 02:25 PM
You are one dumb mfer. Really. People like you claimed it was all Cassel. Cassel was THE ONLY THING holding the offense back. They still sucked with Orton. The problems go deeper than just QB.

I'm sure the problems do go somewhat deeper than QB, but swapping Orton for Cassel doesn't do much more than marginally improve that huge part of the problem.

htismaqe
01-09-2012, 02:27 PM

Orton was with the team for a few weeks and managed to pretty much equal Cassel.

On the field, the problems DON'T go much deeper than just the QB.

Off the field, the problems are myriad.

rad
01-09-2012, 02:30 PM
All I know is that I never got that "sinking" feeling when I watched Orton drop back like I did with Cassel.

DaWolf
01-09-2012, 02:33 PM
I saw King's tweet, it sounded more like he was guessing that Cassel would be back and had no inside knowledge...

BoneKrusher
01-09-2012, 02:34 PM
All I know is that I never got that "sinking" feeling when I watched Orton drop back like I did with Cassel.

same here.

when Cassel dropped back i held my breath. :banghead:

Hammock Parties
01-09-2012, 02:35 PM

Orton throws the ball with confidence.

More often than not he knows where to go with the ball and there's little indecision on his part.

Cassel is master of shitting his pants.

DBoweShow
01-09-2012, 02:39 PM

More often than not he knows where to go with the ball and there's little indecision on his part.

:thumb::thumb: THIS!

BoneKrusher
01-09-2012, 02:39 PM

i like Orton mainly because he can actually read the defense, something that Cassel will never be able to do.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2012, 02:40 PM
i like Orton mainly because he can actually read the defense, something that Cassel will never be able to do.

I like Orton because he knows when someone is "NFL open," whereas the only tight throw Cassel ever seemingly completes are back shoulder throws.

Reaper16
01-09-2012, 02:43 PM
BELOW AVERAGE QB.

Why can't you see it? 100% of Scott Pioli's actions indicate that he's just fine with going down w/ Cassel; Hell, that he doesn't even see what's happening as "going down."

BigMeatballDave
01-09-2012, 02:45 PM

I'm dumb? Orton had 2 300 yrd passing games. How many did Cassel have?

I don't give a shit about Orton, but if you cant see how much better he was than Cassel then
you are even more stupid than I originally thought.

BoneKrusher
01-09-2012, 02:45 PM
I like Orton because he knows when someone is "NFL open," whereas the only tight throw Cassel ever seemingly completes are back shoulder throws.

i like Orton because he can throw a screen pass w/o throwing a pick six. ;)

Hammock Parties
01-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm dumb? Orton had 2 300 yrd passing games. How many did Cassel have?

3 in 50 games as a Chief.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-09-2012, 02:53 PM
3 in 50 games as a Chief.

Orton 1 td in 3 games he isn't the answer for the chiefs.

chiefforlife
01-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Cassel had three years, Orton had 3 games and still looked way better.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2012, 02:55 PM

:facepalm:

The dude was with the team for a matter of weeks.

AND he had two touchdown passes flat out dropped by McClain and Bowe.

chiefforlife
01-09-2012, 02:55 PM

He may not be the answer but he is an upgrade at the position.

Fansy the Famous Bard
01-09-2012, 02:56 PM
My 3 year old has a Cassel impersonation down perfectly, only it's when she's standing at the bathroom door about to pee on herself.

She just runs in place with anxiety.

TimeForWasp
01-09-2012, 02:56 PM
What Romeo said though , Cassel and Stanzi are the only two QBs on the roster. It's up to Orton , if he wants to go somewhere else or stay. Then he said he would have a bigger problem if Orton was on the roster. Reading between the lines, He would have a problem answering who would start and I think he leans towards Orton.

HemiEd
01-09-2012, 02:58 PM

So since Orton didn't solve all the problems, the problem isn't Cassel?

Not your best work.

HemiEd
01-09-2012, 03:00 PM
same here.

when Cassel dropped back i held my breath. :banghead:

When he got behind center, I held mine.

Chiefnj2
01-09-2012, 03:00 PM
So since Orton didn't solve all the problems, the problem isn't Cassel?

Not your best work.

Where did I say the problem isn't Cassel??

BoneKrusher
01-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Cassel had three years, Orton had 3 games and still looked way better.

+ rep

BoneKrusher
01-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Reading between the lines, He would have a problem answering who would start and I think he leans towards Orton.

yep, if he wants to keep the HC gig he best hope Orton stays.

Chief Roundup
01-09-2012, 03:05 PM
We all know we need a different QB, OC, RB, and a couple of upgrades on the OLine for this offense to be really good.

mlyonsd
01-09-2012, 03:06 PM
I think it is safe to say Orton is an upgrade to Cassel. That being said I still wouldn't take a knife to a gun fight.

ReynardMuldrake
01-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Orton has way more poise in the pocket. He can bait defenses into biting on screens & play action passes. Cassel telegraphs what he's going to do and panics like a startled animal when he sees a pass rush.

Cassel also has terrible tunnel vision. When Plan A goes wrong, he never has a Plan B. Has Cassel ever called an audible? I don't think I've ever seen him do it.

L.A. Chieffan
01-09-2012, 03:08 PM
I can't wait to see what Cassell looks like behind a strong ol, healthy weapons, and a competent OC and HC..

HemiEd
01-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Where did I say the problem isn't Cassel??

Yeah, I said that wrong, I blame Cassel, sorry.

suds79
01-09-2012, 03:12 PM
I can't wait to see what Cassell looks like behind a strong ol, healthy weapons, and a competent OC and HC..

I'm waiting for the day when someone can say something good about Matt Cassel without some kind of caveat attached.

I've heard...

"He's a good QB if he gets enough time in the pocket."
"He's competent with the right weapons."

Not once can somebody honestly say. "Matt Cassel is a good QB."

Dragonocho
01-09-2012, 03:16 PM
I think it is safe to say Orton is an upgrade to Cassel. That being said I still wouldn't take a knife to a gun fight.

This. :thumb:

DaWolf
Seriously? What did Orton do in Denver that would elicit us thinking he's anything better than a backup option? Did he win games? Throw for tons of TD's? Have a single season with a passer rating over 90? Have a single season where he completed a higher percentage of passes than Cassel's career high 63.4%?

This would be like us cutting Cassel, then Cassel getting picked up by Washington, and then Redskin fans being thrilled that Cassel looked better for three games than Beck/Grossman.

Cassel needs to be replaced, but Kyle Orton? We're just going to be as frustrated with Orton as we are with Cassel long term once it becomes clear to us what Orton is. I don't even know why we are discussing the guy unless he's coming in to back up a yet to be determined real starting caliber QB...

L.A. Chieffan
I'm waiting for the day when someone can say something good about Matt Cassel without some kind of caveat attached.

I've heard...

"He's a good QB if he gets enough time in the pocket."
"He's competent with the right weapons."

Not once can somebody honestly say. "Matt Cassel is a good QB."

Matt Cassell is a good QB. he's already proven that. Peyton Manning? No. but any qb would look average under these past conditions

BoneKrusher
01-09-2012, 03:19 PM

i could wait a million years man.

BigMeatballDave
01-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Matt Cassell is a good QB. he's already proven that. Peyton Manning? No. but any qb would look average under these past conditions

LMAO That is some quality trolling

beach tribe
01-09-2012, 03:27 PM
This is the first time I have ever contemplated taking a break from Chiefs football, but if Cassel is the starting QB come opening day, I will be hard pressed to not let my anger towards this organization force me to pretend that the 2012 season is not even taking place. After seeing aborton play somewhat competent, there's no way I can stomach watching Cassel take another snap.

ModSocks
01-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Seriously? What did Orton do in Denver that would elicit us thinking he's anything better than a backup option? Did he win games? Throw for tons of TD's? Have a single season with a passer rating over 90? Have a single season where he completed a higher percentage of passes than Cassel's career high 63.4%?

This would be like us cutting Cassel, then Cassel getting picked up by Washington, and then Redskin fans being thrilled that Cassel looked better for three games than Beck/Grossman.

Cassel needs to be replaced, but Kyle Orton? We're just going to be as frustrated with Orton as we are with Cassel long term once it becomes clear to us what Orton is. I don't even know why we are discussing the guy unless he's coming in to back up a yet to be determined real starting caliber QB...

We know.

But at least Orton gives this team a CHANCE. I'd rather watch our offense score 20 points a game rather than 10.

Cassel is humiliatingly bad.

BigChiefFan
01-09-2012, 03:30 PM

I agree.

htismaqe
01-09-2012, 03:55 PM

I noticed you omitted one of the most-meaningful statistics in the modern NFL - yards per attempt.

Chiefnj2
01-09-2012, 03:57 PM
I noticed you omitted one of the most-meaningful statistics in the modern NFL - yards per attempt.

He had more yards per attempt, and still couldn't put together a good qb rating?

Hootie
01-09-2012, 04:05 PM
I'll start worrying about Cassel after Orton signs elsewhere and we don't address the position on draft day...

Until then, I don't give a shit what any "talking head" says...

BoneKrusher
01-09-2012, 04:06 PM
He had more yards per attempt, and still couldn't put together a good qb rating?

i dont think i've seen anything Cassel has done since he's been in KC that i would consider GOOD.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-09-2012, 04:19 PM
The only surprising thing is people acting surprised that he'd be back.

chiefforlife
01-09-2012, 04:20 PM
I'll start worrying about Cassel after Orton signs elsewhere and we don't address the position on draft day...

Until then, I don't give a shit what any "talking head" says...

How about Romeo endorsing Cassel? Worried yet?

Hootie
01-09-2012, 04:21 PM

not one bit

chiefforlife
01-09-2012, 04:22 PM
not one bit

Why Not?

You are OK with him or you are convinced it wont be him?

Reerun_KC
01-09-2012, 04:23 PM
not one bit

What is there to worry about?

Its not like this team is committed to winning... So Romeo can have Cassel, the franchise obviously doesnt care about the product on the field..

why should we?

RNR
01-09-2012, 04:25 PM

What is he supposed to say? the guy sucks and we have to resign Orton and draft a qb? He is aware he very well may need to count on the guy for next season and throwing him under the bus would be stupid~

htismaqe
01-09-2012, 04:26 PM

What's your ****ing point man? Are you just trying to be a contrarian? They both ****ing suck, Romeo Crennel sucks, Scott Pioli sucks, and the ****ing Chiefs suck.

We, as fans, are ****ing screwed. So what's your point?

DBOSHO
01-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Even though orton didnt light up the scoreboard, he passed good yardage each game which kept the defense fresh, unlike cassel.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-09-2012, 04:43 PM
What's your ****ing point man? Are you just trying to be a contrarian? They both ****ing suck, Romeo Crennel sucks, Scott Pioli sucks, and the ****ing Chiefs suck.

We, as fans, are ****ing screwed. So what's your point?

Hamas may be gone but his spirit lives on :p

htismaqe
01-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Hamas may be gone but his spirit lives on :p

He did pass his mock draft picks on to me (for what reason, I really honestly have no idea).

LOL

boogblaster
01-09-2012, 04:55 PM

this ^

The Franchise
01-09-2012, 04:57 PM
He did pass his mock draft picks on to me (for what reason, I really honestly have no idea).

LOL

Because he wanted them to go to someone knowledgeable.

htismaqe
01-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Because he wanted them to go to someone knowledgeable.

Well, thank you.

Psyko Tek
01-09-2012, 06:44 PM
I'll take Cassel getting another chance just to watch him blow it and be humiliated in front of 80,000 fans by being yanked for an alcoholic QB with a gut.

Kenny Stabler is coming out of retirement?

this would be an amazing improvement

Psyko Tek
01-09-2012, 06:46 PM

I had forgotten what it looked like

Extra Point
01-09-2012, 06:50 PM
My reaction

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-MVJMQktloY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cassel never had that much time to dump that to the outlet.

RealSNR
01-09-2012, 07:11 PM
What is he supposed to say? the guy sucks and we have to resign Orton and draft a qb? He is aware he very well may need to count on the guy for next season and throwing him under the bus would be stupid~Most Chiefs fans would prefer that Crennel CUTS Cassel, so he never has to depend on him ever again.

Burn that bridge, and don't rebuild it. We don't fucking need it and never will no matter how dire things become.

RNR
01-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Most Chiefs fans would prefer that Crennel CUTS Cassel, so he never has to depend on him ever again.

Burn that bridge, and don't rebuild it. We don't ****ing need it and never will no matter how dire things become.
What most fans want and the reality of going into next season without him or Orton is just plain silly~

Reerun_KC
01-09-2012, 07:18 PM
What most fans want and the reality of going into next season without him or Orton is just plain silly~

The fact that its gotten so bad in KC that people are begging for Orton ought to tell you how fucking bad this franchise is...

Orton? You fucking kidding me? Kyle cant score in the red zone Orton?

He might read a defense, but still sucks ass.

Cassel can drive him out as they are both leaving...

RealSNR
01-09-2012, 07:18 PM
What most fans want and the reality of going into next season without him or Orton is just plain silly~We're not asking for much. We gave Cassel 3 years to prove himself. He's been an abortion. We want somebody different. You'll be tooting the same horn in a couple years over Carson Palmer.

htismaqe
01-09-2012, 07:27 PM

I don't know of too many people outside of Reerun that want them to go into next season without EITHER.

If they have to go with Orton fine.

Just cut Cassel and we'll go from there.

Deberg_1990
01-09-2012, 07:41 PM
The fact that its gotten so bad in KC that people are begging for Orton ought to tell you how ****ing bad this franchise is...

Orton? You ****ing kidding me? Kyle cant score in the red zone Orton?

He might read a defense, but still sucks ass.

Agreed. What's the most games Orton has ever won in a season? I don't even think hes ever led a team to the playoffs? At least Cassel has won 11 and 10 games in a season before. I get this feeling Orton is fools gold.

Three7s
01-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Agreed. What's the most games Orton has ever won in a season? I don't even think hes ever led a team to the playoffs? At least Cassel has won 11 and 10 games in a season before.
He did in his rookie year with the Bears.

Reerun_KC
01-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Agreed. What's the most games Orton has ever won in a season? I don't even think hes ever led a team to the playoffs? At least Cassel has won 11 and 10 games in a season before. I get this feeling Orton is fools gold.

I dont know nor do I care. I want a QB that you can build a franchise around...

We dont have one on the roster as of today.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2012, 08:01 PM

Did it with the Bears.

He has never played on a team as good as the Chiefs.

O.city
01-09-2012, 08:07 PM
I don't really want him as the long term option, but Orton has never had the weapons that the Chiefs will trot out there next year.

BoneKrusher
01-09-2012, 08:14 PM

good idea, they can carpool to sandy eggo, as far away from KC as possible.

DRU
01-09-2012, 08:24 PM
I don't know of too many people outside of Reerun that want them to go into next season without EITHER.

If they have to go with Orton fine.

Just cut Cassel and we'll go from there.

It's not that simple. If you cut Cassel and Orton decides to leave then we'd have exactly what you said we don't want...not having either of them.

The odds of this team trading up and taking a QB in the draft are pretty slim. Hate that all you want, but given that assumption, cutting the only QB on your roster that's ever played a down in the NFL isn't a smart move.

If Orton does get signed, we pick up a free agent, or we actually do make a move in draft, then yes, cut his ass immediately. Until then he's all we've got.

htismaqe
01-09-2012, 08:26 PM
It's not that simple. If you cut Cassel and Orton decides to leave then we'd have exactly what you said we don't want...not having either of them.

The odds of this team trading up and taking a QB in the draft are pretty slim. Hate that all you want, but given that assumption, cutting the only QB on your roster that's ever played a down in the NFL isn't a smart move.

If Orton does get signed, we pick up a free agent, or we actually do make a move in draft, then yes, cut his ass immediately. Until then he's all we've got.

You misunderstood me.

I don't WANT them to both cut Cassel AND let Orton walk.

However, if they do, I really don't care.

I want Cassel cut...at ANY cost.

NJChiefsFan
01-10-2012, 02:38 AM
Can people in KC tell me the actual mood in the city about Cassel. I know how CP feels, but I have seen/heard a decent amount of KC fans outside of here that still don't hate him.

I ask because I am a little dissapointed that a petition or rally has not been attempted to shame Clark into getting rid of him. I am not saying it would work at all, but we all have so much energy and hate. Maybe the movement would atleast do us some good mentally.

BigMeatballDave
01-10-2012, 03:28 AM
Can people in KC tell me the actual mood in the city about Cassel. I know how CP feels, but I have seen/heard a decent amount of KC fans outside of here that still don't hate him.

I ask because I am a little dissapointed that a petition or rally has not been attempted to shame Clark into getting rid of him. I am not saying it would work at all, but we all have so much energy and hate. Maybe the movement would atleast do us some good mentally.

I don't live in Kc, but I'm thinking we are the minority on Cassel.

GayFrogs
01-10-2012, 04:56 AM
I had season tickets last year..yes people talk about how much cassel sucks and how much better orton looked. My dad probably has never been to a forum and he hates cassel. Obvious shit is obvious.

NJChiefsFan
01-10-2012, 05:13 AM
I had season tickets last year..yes people talk about how much cassel sucks and how much better orton looked. My dad probably has never been to a forum and he hates cassel. Obvious shit is obvious.

Obvious shit is obvious to people that don't have an ego at stake or have real perspective. It seems the Chiefs front office does not see it the same. I would love to see people do what they can to shove these obvious things in the FO's face.

01-10-2012, 05:13 AM
The people that support Cassel are the blind homers that believe the Chiefs front office can do no wrong.

NJChiefsFan
01-10-2012, 05:22 AM
The people that support Cassel are the blind homers that believe the Chiefs front office can do no wrong.

My question is just how big a % is that? I can only get the feel of message boards and wonder what the actual feel in KC is.

01-10-2012, 05:27 AM
My question is just how big a % is that? I can only get the feel of message boards and wonder what the actual feel in KC is.

My gut tells me there are many more of them than there are of us.

BigMeatballDave
01-10-2012, 06:11 AM
My gut tells me there are many more of them than there are of us.

That's what I think.

Fritz88
01-10-2012, 06:24 AM

Did you take a look at the live chat accompanying Crennel's introductory press
conference?

Some there think that Cassel is the strongest link on the team. A top 5 QB when healthy and protected.

Cassel haters are growing, but not at the rate that we want.

KCUnited
01-10-2012, 06:41 AM
Oline catches the wrath in KC. QB talk is for pussies, stout D and road grating Olinemen is men folk talk in KC.

old_geezer
01-10-2012, 07:01 AM

I work and live in a small town about 90 miles from KC. In my football conversations I have not found a single supporter of Cassel yet. He is universally hated around here.

Molitoth
01-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Cassel is basically Huard with a more accepted personality.

BoneKrusher
01-10-2012, 09:46 AM

AKA: Homers of The Chiefs Coalition

Frosty
01-10-2012, 09:48 AM
So - supposedly, part of the "Patriot Way" is to not hang on to players too long and to admit your mistakes early and move on before they cost you too much (i.e. Haynseworth).

Was Pioli absent the day they taught that?

BoneKrusher
01-10-2012, 10:02 AM
So

Was Pioli absent the day they taught that?
evidently.

Chiefnj2
01-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Anyone with PFF access - how was Cassel this year under pressure?

PunkinDrublic
01-10-2012, 10:28 AM
With the weapons we have on offense going into next season, we can win with a QB who knows how to read defenses and can hit open recievers. Orton is capable of doing that. Getting Charles back healthy should automatically improve our red zone efficiency. I'd love to get a franchise QB in the draft if one were available, but this team has several players in their prime and we are in more of a win now mode rather than a rebuilding phase. I think Orton would be effective enough for us to make a deep run into the playoffs with the offensive weapons we have.

BoneKrusher
01-10-2012, 10:31 AM
With the weapons we have on offense going into next season, we can win with a QB who knows how to read defenses and can hit open recievers. Orton is capable of doing that. Getting Charles back healthy should automatically improve our red zone efficiency.

this is how i see it as well.

Rasputin
01-10-2012, 10:31 AM
If Peter King was actually on Cassel,

our problem would be solved,

squashed Cassel under Peter King.

buddha
01-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Obviously, if you can get something of value for Cassel, you trade him. I don't think any team out there is going to want him enough to offer any value. For all of the morons on here who continue to say "trade Cassel"...pull your heads out of your asses. Remember the concept of, "willing buyer, willing seller?"

Personally, I'd stick with Orton if you could sign him for a reasonable amount. It would be a short term fix at best, but he's more serviceable and there is no way he would cost as much.

The QBotFuture is obviously not on the roster yet. Everybody knows that. Can we simply move on to more fertile ground? Such as...who might the real QBotFuture be? Is he in the upcoming draft class? Could it be the kid from Boise State?

ChiTown
01-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Obviously, if you can get something of value for Cassel, you trade him. I don't think any team out there is going to want him enough to offer any value. For all of the morons on here who continue to say "trade Cassel"...pull your heads out of your asses. Remember the concept of, "willing buyer, willing seller?"

Personally, I'd stick with Orton if you could sign him for a reasonable amount. It would be a short term fix at best, but he's more serviceable and there is no way he would cost as much.

The QBotFuture is obviously not on the roster yet. Everybody knows that. Can we simply move on to more fertile ground? Such as...who might the real QBotFuture be? Is he in the upcoming draft class? Could it be the kid from Boise State?

No shit. A Trade for Cassel? I'd take a bag of Doritos and a spare tire - straight up.

baitism
01-10-2012, 10:40 AM
I would be willing to give a 6th round pick for someone to take him.

FYP

Frosty
01-10-2012, 11:05 AM
I had a crazy thought.

After Haley was fired, it came out that Weis, when he was here, basically washed his hands of Cassel and Haley was responsible for how Cassel played in 2010. It was also implied that Cassel was a favorite of Haley's.

Also, according to this article (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/09/3361922/romeo-crennel-is-good-for-the.html#storylink=cpy), Cassel was one of the "untouchables".

The setting was a team meeting a few weeks ago, after Crennel was appointed interim coach. He stood before his players as their tenuous leader, nobody quite certain how he would use the power … and he dogged Thomas Jones.

In front of the entire team.

Understand that as much as Todd Haley earned his reputation as a disciplinarian — fat camp, cuss words, we-only-talk-about-the-players-who-are-here — players grew to think that some guys were off-limits.

This was a special status. Matt Cassel made it as the quarterback. Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali worked themselves into it. Casey Wiegmann earned it based on his long career, and so did Jones.

Maybe, just maybe, sticking with Cassel so long is on Haley. Maybe Pioli will revert to the Patriot Way and admit his mistake and move on at this point. From Romeo and Hali's comments at the end of the season, it seems like the team doesn't have much faith in Cassel, so maybe, with the new HC, it's the right time for a change at QB.

Just grasping at straws here. :)

Rasputin
01-10-2012, 11:05 AM
With the weapons we have on offense going into next season, we can win with a QB who knows how to read defenses and can hit open recievers. Orton is capable of doing that. Getting Charles back healthy should automatically improve our red zone efficiency. I'd love to get a franchise QB in the draft if one were available, but this team has several players in their prime and we are in more of a win now mode rather than a rebuilding phase. I think Orton would be effective enough for us to make a deep run into the playoffs with the offensive weapons we have.

This is the exact thinking that keeps us in the middle & mediocre way of doing things that don't or have not produced a playoff win from 1993 and a Super Bowl bound team in 40 years.

Let's win now by all means but when fail is here, then we would be back to not having a long term solution to our most troubled need at QB. Go True Fans go.

PunkinDrublic
01-10-2012, 11:15 AM
This is the exact thinking that keeps us in the middle & mediocre way of doing things that don't or have not produced a playoff win from 1993 and a Super Bowl bound team in 40 years.

Let's win now by all means but when fail is here, then we would be back to not having a long term solution to our most troubled need at QB. Go True Fans go.

Who the fuck is going to be available next year that's going to be able to be a long term solution at QB for us?

Coogs
01-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Who the fuck is going to be available next year that's going to be able to be a long term solution at QB for us?

Andrew Luck

Anything can be bought/sold for the right price.

Rasputin
01-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Who the **** is going to be available next year that's going to be able to be a long term solution at QB for us?

It's like that every year. Take a got damn chance on somebody JHC!

We still have Stanzi they can compete it out.

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Who the **** is going to be available next year that's going to be able to be a long term solution at QB for us?

It doesn't matter. Make an attempt.

Cassel needs to go.

Today.

HemiEd
01-10-2012, 12:52 PM

Orton was 10 and 5 in 2005 with the Bears, and that team wasn't quite the caliber of the team that Cassel had with New England. They lost in the playoffs to Carolina.

Even though orton didnt light up the scoreboard, he passed good yardage each game which kept the defense fresh, unlike cassel.
Excellent point. He is clearly the more polished turd, and we are obviously going to have to settle for a turd.

HemiEd
01-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Cassel is basically Huard with a more accepted personality.

I never saw Huard fumble his hat.

Easy 6
01-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Despite the ugly feeling in my gut, i've already moved way past that guy... i'm just going to go through this offseason blissfully believing that he isnt coming back until its a proven fact.

WhiteWhale
01-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Orton was 10 and 5 in 2005 with the Bears, and that team wasn't quite the caliber of the team that Cassel had with New England. They lost in the playoffs to Carolina.

Excellent point. He is clearly the more polished turd, and we are obviously going to have to settle for a turd.

Yeah, Orton was great that season. His 51% completion percentage, 9 TD's and 13 int's were clearly the catalyst for the Bears success that season.

They were ranked #1 in defense and #29 in offense. I think it's obvious the real reason he had a winning record.