PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink What's for lunch today

lcarus
01-09-2012, 12:16 PM
What are you all eating today for lunch on this awful Monday?

I got 10 bucks left on my Applebee's gift card, but don't know what to get. Got a burger last time from there and it was ok but nothing special. Anyone recommend anything off their menu?

Dayze
01-09-2012, 12:17 PM
a lean cuisine type meal.

nasty.

Lono
01-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Salad with Ott's.

bevischief
01-09-2012, 12:21 PM
v8 spicy.

Predarat
01-09-2012, 12:21 PM
A boring ass salad on a dreary Monday. Though looking forward to the game tonight.

Bugeater
01-09-2012, 12:22 PM
I stopped at Jason's Deli and bought a french dip.

Pants
Jason's Deli's Salmon-wich + steamed veggies... methinks.

loochy
I ate a bowl from Chipotle.

white rice, black beans, fajita vegetables, carnitas, chile and corn salsa, medium salsa, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, and smoked tabasco sauce.

luv
01-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Salad consisting of baby spinach, shredded carrots, hard boiled egg crumbles, cucumber slices, and light ranch dressing. Also going to dip into the cucumbers and sweet onion that have been marinating in apple cider vinegar overnight. YUM!

Predarat
01-09-2012, 12:24 PM

I love the Gumbo at Jason's Deli. That stuff is epic.

Kerberos
01-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Thinking seriously about dumping the diet for a day and going to Popeyes Chicken and getting me a spicy 3 piece with mashed taters with cajun gravy and a bisquit.

That is some good eat'n brah!

:)

tooge
01-09-2012, 12:25 PM
salad with avacado, yellow peppers, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. and a yogurt.

Dayze
01-09-2012, 12:27 PM

white rice, black beans, fajita vegetables, carnitas, chile and corn salsa, medium salsa, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, and smoked tabasco sauce.

bastard.

Predarat
01-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Thinking seriously about dumping the diet for a day and going to Popeyes Chicken and getting me a spicy 3 piece with mashed taters with cajun gravy and a bisquit.

That is some good eat'n brah!

:)

Thanks for giving me a bad idea, though I will go with a two piece if I do that. Popeyes Spicy is some of the most awesome Chicken in the entire world, except for Chicken Annies and Chicken Marys.

Slainte
01-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Grillled checken breast, green salad, green beans /mushrooms.

And a V8.

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Didn't land back in Tampa until 11p last night so no food for today = Subway.

loochy
01-09-2012, 12:40 PM
bastard.

It was even better because it was free. My in-laws bought me a $50 Chipotle card for Christmas!

Dr. Johnny Fever
beaver ass

Bugeater
Thanks for giving me a bad idea, though I will go with a two piece if I do that. Popeyes Spicy is some of the most awesome Chicken in the entire world, except for Chicken Annies and Chicken Marys.
Screw the 2 piece dinner, Popeye's has a buy 8 pieces get 8 pieces free deal on Mondays. 16 PIECES OF CHICKEN FTW!!!!

38yrsfan
sack lunch the wife made ... roast beef sandwich, pb&j, chips and a couple of cookies (you can tell she packed kid's lunches for many years) :)

I might just scarf down the roast beef and go get a gyros at Santorinis in CDA.

luv
01-09-2012, 12:42 PM
sack lunch the wife made ... roast beef sandwich, pb&j, chips and a couple of cookies (you can tell she packed kid's lunches for many years) :)

I might just scarf down the roast beef and go get a gyros at Santorinis in CDA.

A roast beef and a pb&j? Odd combination.

luv
01-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Whew! Forgot to water down the vinegar on these cucumber & onions. Potent!

loochy
01-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Whew! Forgot to water down the vinegar on these cucumber & onions. Potent!

man what is it with chicks and vinegar?

HemiEd
01-09-2012, 12:45 PM

Jason's Deli's Salmon-wich + steamed veggies... methinks.

Is that a chain, or is that good that one of you is driving that far?

I had a chicken sandwich, nothing special.

Bugeater
01-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Is that a chain, or is that good, one of you is driving that far?

Pants & I always have lunch together on Mondays.

El Jefe
01-09-2012, 12:47 PM

They're both bitter??

;)

Predarat
01-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Is that a chain, or is that good, one of you is driving that far?

It is a chain, good soup and sandwich place. Beats the shit out of Jimmy Johns.

luv

I don't know. What is it? I haven't had it in forever.

arrowheadnation
I have a question for those of you who are on diets. Do you drink diet soda? I'm curious as I've just started a diet and have read that even though diet soda has no calories/no fat, it is still a no-no for dieting. To this I say WTF Why?

And I'm going to have a turkey sandwich on wheat w/ light mayo and some carrot sticks (yum!)

SLAG
01-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Not sure what the Cafeteria downstairs is cookin' up - Might go with a Buffalo Chicken Panini

loochy
01-09-2012, 12:49 PM
I don't know. What is it? I haven't had it in forever.

Women just always seem to love vinegar and vinegary things. I find it rather disgusting.

scho63
01-09-2012, 12:50 PM

I LOVE Chipotle's Carnitas Fajita Burrito. It's looks like a small football and tastes so damn good!
:clap:

loochy
01-09-2012, 12:50 PM
I have a question for those of you who are on diets. Do you drink diet soda? I'm curious as I've just started a diet and have read that even though diet soda has no calories/no fat, it is still a no-no for dieting. To this I say WTF Why?

It still causes an insulin response that leads to fat storage.

Some people also drink a LOT of diet soda (multiple cans a day). It is not an acceptable substitute for water. Water is required for efficient fat metabolism and it helps to curb appetite too.

Also, artificial sweeteners and their extreme sweetness cause a kind of desensitization to other sweet things, making you crave sweeter and sweeter things.

Additionally, diet soda just isn't a healthy thing. It's very acidic and the jury is still out on artificial sweeteners and long term effects.

cdcox
01-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Whole wheat spaghetti with olive oil, garlic and sardines.

ChiefFripp
01-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Mixed some sharp cheddar shredded cheese, chilli beans , sour cream and salsa in a bowl and microwaved it for 2 minutes. Wasn't bad but I'm still going grocery shopping tonight.

Titty Meat
01-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Arbys

loochy
01-09-2012, 12:52 PM
I LOVE Chipotle's Carnitas Fajito Barrito. It's looks like a small football and tastes so damn good!
:clap:

I quit getting the burritos in lieu of the bowls when I learned that the tortilla by itself has something like 300 calories. It doesn't add much to the flavor so for me its not worth the extra 300 calories.

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2012, 12:54 PM

And I'm going to have a turkey sandwich on wheat w/ light mayo and some carrot sticks (yum!)

I'm not on a diet, but I do eat healthy as part of my lifestyle. No, I do not consume diet soda or any type of soda. I only drink water, tea, and alcohol (socially).

Pants
01-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Is that a chain, or is that good that one of you is driving that far?

It's a chain and it's close to my work ATM. I really like their wild salmon sandwich. While I agree that some of their stuff is nothing special, it's still not a bad place to grab lunch from time to time.

scho63
I quit getting the burritos in lieu of the bowls when I learned that the tortilla by itself has something like 300 calories. It doesn't add much to the flavor so for me its not worth the extra 300 calories.

Good for you and your healthy ways-I am a fat glutton who needs to lose weight but I have been such a procrastinator! Plus I love the flavors of it all.

:thumb:

38yrsfan
A roast beef and a pb&j? Odd combination.

I've found it is best not to mention things like that.

You know what they say about it not being a good idea annoying the people that prepare your food ................

Just for clarification ... they are 2 separate sandwiches and consumed the same way. Both with distinctively different tastes.

HemiEd
01-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Pants & I always have lunch together on Mondays.
Good on you guys, now if we can just get Frazod and milkman to follow.

It is a chain, good soup and sandwich place. Beats the shit out of Jimmy Johns.

I think Subway beats the shit out of JJs, but the deli must be pretty good. I will keep an eye open when traveling.

KC-TBB
01-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Ate at a Krystal Burgers down here in Atlanta...kinda like a White Castle without the e-coli...at least I think...what a minute, somethings starting to rumble...I'll be right..................

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Good for you and your healthy ways-I am a fat glutton who needs to lose weight but I have been such a procrastinator! Plus I love the flavors of it all.

:thumb:

Not-so-secret secret: fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices have much more flavor than over-salted, fried, fatty foods. ;)

loochy
01-09-2012, 01:00 PM
I think Subway beats the shit out of JJs, but the deli must be pretty good. I will keep an eye open when traveling.
Seriously? In my opinion, subway beats NOTHING. The meat is terrible fake meat and the veggies are always prepackaged soggy crap. The bread is somewhat good and that is their only redeeming point. Subway's declining quality combined with their ever increasing prices have caused me to do a personal boycott of that restaurant.

Jason's Deli is pretty good and it's much more than a sandwich shop. They have a pretty big menu and they usually have a salad bar inside. Also, you get free ice cream after you eat there!

loochy
01-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Not-so-secret secret: fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices have much more flavor than over-salted, fried, fatty foods. ;)

The tortillas at chipotle are not over salted, fried, or fatty. They are just large and somewhat dense.

Predarat
Ate at a Krystal Burgers down here in Atlanta...kinda like a White Castle without the e-coli...at least I think...what a minute, somethings starting to rumble...I'll be right..................

I think Krystal is better the White Castle, I love the Krystal Khicks, those things are outstanding. They remind me of KFCs Chicken Littles in the 80s and early 90s.

DaKCMan AP
Seriously? In my opinion, subway beats NOTHING. The meat is terrible fake meat and the veggies are always prepackaged soggy crap. The bread is somewhat good and that is their only redeeming point. Subway's declining quality combined with their ever increasing prices have caused me to do a personal boycott of that restaurant.

I only get the tuna from Subway. Unfortunately, JJ's only has white bread, panera's sandwiches are too small, Quiznos is gross, and Firehouse's veggie isn't healthy at all.

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2012, 01:03 PM
The tortillas at chipotle are not over salted, fried, or fatty. They are just large and somewhat dense.

I don't disagree.

loochy
01-09-2012, 01:04 PM
I only get the tuna from Subway. Unfortunately, JJ's only has white bread, panera's sandwiches are too small, Quiznos is gross, and Firehouse's veggie isn't healthy at all.

Are there Schlotzky's there? I like them and their sourdough or jalapeno cheese bread.

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Are there Schlotzky's there? I like them and their sourdough or jalapeno cheese bread.

Not in Tampa.

luv
01-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Women just always to love vinegar and vinegary things. I find it rather disgusting.

Actually, I think I got slight indigestion. Feel better now, but wow. Need to remember to water that stuff down.

Pants
01-09-2012, 01:06 PM

Panera has some choice stuff. Their chicken salad with grapes and almonds is money.

Besides being bad for you, Firehouse sandwiches also taste like ass, IMO.

Jimmy John's can't be healthy for you, but that bread is so delicious...mmmm.

I need to try Jersey Mike's at some point as I hear they're tasty. Of course I heard the same thing about Firehouse. Bleh.

Predarat
01-09-2012, 01:07 PM

Jason's Deli is pretty good and it's much more than a sandwich shop. They have a pretty big menu and they usually have a salad bar inside. Also, you get free ice cream after you eat there!
Yes where I live there are so many other options, Jasons Deli, Penn Station, Firehouse, Panera, small family owned places, Jersey Mikes (alot like Mr Goodcents). So I rarely make it to Subway, even with their current mission to make it as common around town as McDs. Though nothing beats Cinnamons Deli in Wichita.

loochy
01-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Panera has some choice stuff. Their chicken salad with grapes and almonds is money.

I need to try Jersey Mike's at some point as I hear they're tasty. Of course I heard the same thing about Firehouse. Bleh.

Jersey Mike's reminds me a lot of Jimmy Johns. The bread is kind of that crusty on the outside/doughy on the inside type of bread.

HemiEd
01-09-2012, 01:08 PM

That is not an endorsement of Subway, but a damming of Jimmy Johns. I fucking hate Jimmy Johns and almost get pissed just listening to their commercials.

I will keep an eye out for Jason's Deli, as mentioned. Around here in Chicagoland, even Subway has to be pretty good to survive.

loochy
01-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Yes where I live there are so many other options, Jasons Deli, Penn Station, Firehouse, small family owned places, Jersey Mikes (alot like Mr Goodcents). So I rarely make it to Subway, even with their current mission to make it as common around town as McDs.

I used to put up with subway because it was cheap, but now the normal prices for a six inch is like 5 bucks. F that.

Micjones
01-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Wouldn't mind having a Burrito Bowl from Chipotle.

Pants
I used to put up with subway because it was cheap, but now the normal prices for a six inch is like 5 bucks. F that.

$3.50 for a 6" here. I get their black forest ham from time to time. It's the only thing that doesn't taste fake to me at that place.

loochy
Wouldn't mind having a Burrito Bowl from Chipotle.

Do it! It was good. :thumb:

luv
01-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Subway is great except for the carbs, chips if you get them, and soda if you get it. I like their flatbread. Trying to avoid as many carbs after lunchtime as I can.

Alton deFlat
01-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Went to the soup / salad bar at the grocery store, and got some chicken & noodles. Pretty tasty.

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2012, 01:12 PM

I can down a Panera veggie (one of the best chain veggies available) or tuna. The problem is for it to be filling I have to get a full sandwich (which come with the healthier chips - only contains potato, sunflower oil, and sea salt) plus a bowl of soup. Ends up costing around $12-13 which is overpriced for that type of stuff, IMO.

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2012, 01:13 PM

It's cheaper when they have their $5 promo, but a regular priced tuna footlong here is $6.25 after taxes.

Pants
01-09-2012, 01:15 PM
I can down a Panera veggie (one of the best chain veggies available) or tuna. The problem is for it to be filling I have to get a full sandwich (which come with the healthier chips - only contains potato, sunflower oil, and sea salt) plus a bowl of soup. Ends up costing around $12-13 which is overpriced for that type of stuff, IMO.

Full sammich here in KC is like 8 or 9 dollars I think and I get an apple with it instead of chips. Apples are pretty much my favorite. I try to limit myself at 2 a day, but sometimes I'll eat more.

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Full sammich here in KC is like 8 or 9 dollars I think and I get an apple with it instead of chips. Apples are pretty much my favorite. I try to limit myself at 2 a day, but sometimes I'll eat more.

Right. Full sandwich is around $8-9, then adding a bowl of soup bumps it to around $12.

Pants
01-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Right. Full sandwich is around $8-9, then adding a bowl of soup bumps it to around $12.

Oh, I don't get the soup, I thought you were talking about just the sandwich.

vailpass
01-09-2012, 01:23 PM
A bad southwest chicken salad at sky harbor airport.

ChiefFripp
01-09-2012, 01:28 PM

J.

Firehouse is delicious in Orlando, is it nasty in the KC area, or do our taste just differ?

Pants
01-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Firehouse is delicious in Orlando, is it nasty in the KC area, or do our taste just differ?

Can't really know without trying the Orlando ones. I know a lot of people like them here, I don't.

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2012, 01:41 PM

Firehouse meatball and NY Steamer are good, just not good for you.. so I avoid them. Their veggie sub contains greasy, overcooked veggies and massive amounts of cheese so it's not a healthy option.

Pita pit, on the other hand, has a tasty & healthy falafel/hummus option.. it's just not filling enough.

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Do you guys have Mr. Gyro's over there? It's amazing.

Don't think so but we have several gyro type places.

gblowfish
01-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Guess I'll have anything BUT a McRib today!

Titty Meat
01-09-2012, 01:46 PM
I live by Mr.Gyros how much is a meal there?

Pants
01-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Don't think so but we have several gyro type places.

I went and looked it up and it's KC only. Couldn't delete my post on time. Greek, or Mediterranean food in general, is so good.

Dayze
01-09-2012, 01:48 PM
I love Firehouse....granted, I've only ever tried the NY Steamer (NTTAWWT); pastrami and corned beef I think; provolone, and italian dressing and mayo I believe.

damn good. Not sure of the other sammiches though.

Pants
I live by Mr.Gyros how much is a meal there?

I get their lunch combo which is the gyro and salad for like $8 I think.

lcarus
I love Firehouse....granted, I've only ever tried the NY Steamer (NTTAWWT); pastrami and corned beef I think; provolone, and italian dressing and mayo I believe.

damn good. Not sure of the other sammiches though.

The sweet and spicy meatball is pretty good.

|Zach|
El Camino Real. Steak torta.

Dayze
01-09-2012, 01:50 PM
The sweet and spicy meatball is pretty good.

I've spied that a few times a previous visits. I need to pull the trigger on it next time I go. Looks tasty.

Great Expectations
01-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Wendy's Chili poured over their baked potatoe.

Coogs
01-09-2012, 02:10 PM

I got 10 bucks left on my Applebee's gift card, but don't know what to get. Got a burger last time from there and it was ok but nothing special. Anyone recommend anything off their menu?

I got this at Applebee's the other day. It was prety good all-in-all.

http://www.applebees.com/menu/neighborhood-favorites/sizzling-entrees/double-barrel-whisky-sirloins

DaKCMan AP
01-10-2012, 02:22 PM
So... what's for dinner?

Molitoth
01-10-2012, 02:47 PM

Applebee's = Southwest Jalapeno burger dipped in Sweet & Spicy BBQ sauce with a Winter Lager Brewtus.

FTW

DaKCMan AP
01-12-2012, 09:17 AM
SUPER THAI HOT THURSDAY!!!!!!!

FTW!!!!!!!!

luv
01-12-2012, 09:36 AM
I hate snow.

My coworker had a sick kid today (I told her that was convenient...lol). I texted her to see if there was anything I could eat and replace in case I was unable to leave for lunch. It won't quit snowing, and I have rear wheel drive. Dad gets off of work at 3:30, and then he's bringing me a couple of bags of wood pellets (he has a couple of pellet stoves). They weight like 75 lbs each or something like that. So, I should be able to make it home.

bevischief
01-12-2012, 10:43 AM
I hate snow.

My coworker had a sick kid today (I told her that was convenient...lol). I texted her to see if there was anything I could eat and replace in case I was unable to leave for lunch. It won't quit snowing, and I have rear wheel drive. Dad gets off of work at 3:30, and then he's bringing me a couple of bags of wood pellets (he has a couple of pellet stoves). They weight like 75 lbs each or something like that. So, I should be able to make it home.

Looks like it will stop before you go home. But Sunday they are forecasting for 50 in Springfield.

tooge
01-12-2012, 11:07 AM
I generally make my own sammys. Cheaper and much better.
I use a whole wheat hoagie, and top it with turkey, baby swiss, fat free mayo sometimes, mustard, peppercini (sp) pepper slices, cucumber, tomato, spinach, onion, and green pepper slices.
This makes a killer sammy.

luv
01-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Looks like it will stop before you go home. But Sunday they are forecasting for 50 in Springfield.

Yeah, it's died down. I think I'm going to make the trek home, which is all of about 2 miles...lol. The only thing happening now is the wind gusts blowing all of the loose snow around. It's almost horizontal. I can see the parking lot now, though.

bevischief
01-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Yeah, it's died down. I think I'm going to make the trek home, which is all of about 2 miles...lol. The only thing happening now is the wind gusts blowing all of the loose snow around. It's almost horizontal. I can see the parking lot now, though.

It is so dry and flat here up that the snow just blow all over the place still something stops it.

loochy
01-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Man I need some junk food for lunch today. Chicken Express, Whataburger, or Jack in the Box?