PDA

View Full Version : Life Anyone else had a fractured orbital before?

lcarus
01-09-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't know if any of you remember, but I made a thread a while back talking about how I was trying to come off painkillers. Well, the injury that got me on those nasty things was a fractured orbital (and something jacked up with my sinus on the same side). That happened a few years back, and they had to put a couple plates and screws in, then a year later had to take them out because the orbital bone had grown over the plate and was causing quite a bit of pain and discomfort.

I've dealt with pain in my facial area on that side along with some pretty wicked migraines since the injury. It gets pretty bad about 4 or 5 days a week. Whenever I get stressed or do anything active, the vein just under the eye becomes visible (it didn't before the injury) and the bottom eyelid becomes droopy. That's when the pain is at its worst. My doctor says this is just something I have to live with, and he prescribes me the pills and tells me to relax when it gets bad. I'm just curious if I should see another doctor because the bone healed well and it looks really good (great surgeon) but I'm just not convinced it should cause chronic pain. Curious if anyone else who has suffered this same injury has dealt with any pain post-surgery?

DomerNKC
01-09-2012, 05:28 PM
ask burt.

Phobia
01-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Nope. I land punches, don't take 'em.

RNR
01-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Nope. I land punches, don't take 'em.

LMAO I gave a guy one years ago. I am lucky because I unlike you have taken some over the years. I get a lot of laughs out of a true story. My dad and I had what could be called a less than good relationship. He once told me " you ain't very bright boy but you can take a punch" It was one of the nicest things he ever said to me~

Phobia
01-09-2012, 06:09 PM
LMAO I gave a guy one years ago. I am lucky because I unlike you have taken some over the years. I get a lot of laughs out of a true story. My dad and I had what could be called a less than good relationship. He once told me " you ain't very bright boy but you can take a punch" It was one of the nicest things he ever said to me~

I got beat up pretty good by a much quicker older kid when I was in the eighth grade. Ever since then my worst injury was a missing patch of hair from a hair puller when I was 18. I'm no brawler though. But if there's any prospect of fighting, I'll size up a guy pretty quickly and walk away if I think I'm at risk of a beat-down. It doesn't have anything to do with him being big or strong either because those guys just fall harder. The ones to avoid are the lithe, wiry guys - somebody who is real light on his feet. They'll hit you twice while you're still deciding where you want to swing.

RNR
01-09-2012, 06:13 PM
I got beat up pretty good by a much quicker older kid when I was in the eighth grade. Ever since then my worst injury was a missing patch of hair from a hair puller when I was 18. I'm no brawler though. But if there's any prospect of fighting, I'll size up a guy pretty quickly and walk away if I think I'm at risk of a beat-down. It doesn't have anything to do with him being big or strong either because those guys just fall harder. The ones to avoid are the lithe, wiry guys - somebody who is real light on his feet. They'll hit you twice while you're still deciding where you want to swing.
To a point my friend, sometimes the bigger they are the bigger they hit. Something I have found out the hard way lol~

L.A. Chieffan
01-09-2012, 06:16 PM
damn phobia is such a BADASS! dont mess with that dude!

Phobia
01-09-2012, 06:18 PM
To a point my friend, sometimes the bigger they are the bigger they hit. Something I have found out the hard way lol~

Naturally. I'm just talking tough for fun in here. I'm 40 years old and haven't tangled with anybody since the road rage beatdown 6 or 7 years ago. I don't plan to anytime soon because I've probably become one of those big, slow guys myself.

Phobia
01-09-2012, 06:19 PM
damn phobia is such a BADASS! dont mess with that dude!

Long ago, perhaps.

L.A. Chieffan
01-09-2012, 06:23 PM
dont be modest dude

RNR
01-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Naturally. I'm just talking tough for fun in here. I'm 40 years old and haven't tangled with anybody since the road rage beatdown 6 or 7 years ago. I don't plan to anytime soon because I've probably become one of those big, slow guys myself.

Ironically my last real fight was against a big guy and I took 2nd place~

RNR
01-09-2012, 06:25 PM
dont be modest dude

Hey don't be a troll..ya know since we are giving out advice and all~

Phobia
01-09-2012, 06:26 PM
dont be modest dude

Just being real. I'm turning into an old man... feel like I aged more in the last year than I did in the previous 5 physically.

Phobia
01-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Hey don't be a troll..

He was trolling me? Sometimes I don't even notice.

L.A. Chieffan
01-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Hey don't be a troll..ya know since we are giving out advice and all~

thanks raider fan, but im not. why dont you go watch some jamarcus highlights?

RNR
01-09-2012, 06:34 PM
He was trolling me? Sometimes I don't even notice.

Yeah there must be something going on here LMAO this guy has been around a while but there just seems to be more shitbags hanging out here than I ever recall~

L.A. Chieffan
01-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Yeah there must be something going on here LMAO this guy has been around a while but there just seems to be more shitbags hanging out here than I ever recall~

dont be so harsh on yourself dude

RNR
01-09-2012, 06:42 PM
dont be so harsh on yourself dude

Look guy I have nothing against you I just thought you were being a jerk to Phobia. I really do not even recall ever even talking to you before. Untill I read your start date I figured you were new~

Rain Man
01-09-2012, 06:51 PM
I took a hard hit to the face in a basketball game back around 1998. It broke my recspecs and drove the lens back into my eye socket. The lens sliced up between the eye and my eyebrow and was really nasty. It actually missed my eyeball in the front, but curved back around under my brow and just tweaked the top of the eyeball at its furthest point in. I've never gotten anything like headaches because it was mostly just a cut, but my eye has never quite been the same. It's more sensitive to light and has issues with drying out, which hurts like heck when it happens.

RNR
01-09-2012, 06:54 PM
I took a hard hit to the face in a basketball game back around 1998. It broke my recspecs and drove the lens back into my eye socket. The lens sliced up between the eye and my eyebrow and was really nasty. It actually missed my eyeball in the front, but curved back around under my brow and just tweaked the top of the eyeball at its furthest point in. I've never gotten anything like headaches because it was mostly just a cut, but my eye has never quite been the same. It's more sensitive to light and has issues with drying out, which hurts like heck when it happens.

The glow of Tebow's greatness must make the games he plays in unwatchable for you~

Rain Man
01-09-2012, 06:56 PM
The glow of Tebow's greatness must make the games he plays in unwatchable for you~

That's pretty much why I never watch Broncos games. It hurts too much.

RNR
01-09-2012, 07:01 PM
That's pretty much why I never watch Broncos games. It hurts too much.

It hurt to watch last night thats for sure~

Valiant
01-09-2012, 07:15 PM
I watched a dumb fuck when I was in highschool hit a basketball with a metal bat..

Funniest thing I ever saw.. Seriously some people deserve pain..

Phobia
01-09-2012, 08:13 PM
I watched a dumb **** when I was in highschool hit a basketball with a metal bat..

Funniest thing I ever saw.. Seriously some people deserve pain..

Ricochet injury or did he tear up his arms?