PDA

View Full Version : Football The Broncos will win this weekend.

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 07:59 AM
The Patriots should have known better than to finish 13-3.

MMXcalibur
01-10-2012, 08:03 AM
TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW

...Tim Tebow?

TIM TEBOW!

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2012, 08:06 AM
lol. I don't think we can beat them unless we get extremely lucky.

blaise
01-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Yeah, good luck. It's going to be a rout and the Pats are going to win.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Unless someone goes full Pollard on Brady early on Denver's fucked. Hell, they'd still probably lose.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Yeah, good luck. It's going to be a rout and the Pats are going to win.

Eh ...we've been beat by better teams by more TDs before.

Bwana
01-10-2012, 08:16 AM
I think the Pats will win and it shouldn't be close. With that being said, the Pats D isn't that great. The only shot Denver has, is for Denvers D to put a lot of pressure on Brady and cause some turnovers.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Gonna be COOOOOLD Mr. Tebow.

kcpasco
01-10-2012, 08:19 AM
As long as Ike Taylor doesn't play the Pats should win. But I think it will be closer then most people expect.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Denver needs to stick with the type of game plan and mentality that they started with a few weeks ago, mixing in the new aspects of the offense that they showed vs PIT. And, yes... the DEFENSE needs to be all over Brady early and often.

Pats Defense < PIT Defense ... Denver's offense can have success. Just be creative and no turnovers.

I doubt they win... I just hope it's a good game.

Patriots haven't won a playoff game since 2007... keep that trend going. Brady's first career playoff loss was against Denver and the Broncos... let's do that again.

TheGuardian
01-10-2012, 08:23 AM
OMG no. The Pats are going to crush the Donkeys.

LiveSteam
01-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Lets not & say we did

C-Mac
01-10-2012, 08:25 AM
The Broncos will have the capability to keep Brady off the field, not sure it will matter in the long run, but I think it will be a closer game than many may think.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2012, 08:26 AM
I think the Pats will win and it shouldn't be close. With that being said, the Pats D isn't that great. The only shot Denver has, is for Denvers D to put a lot of pressure on Brady and cause some turnovers.

Denver had the right idea a few weeks ago and then they melted down in the 2nd quarter with 3 fumbles that allowed NE to catch up and eventually take the lead. Denver lost their way and it was all she wrote.

Just don't do that again - easy enough, yeah? ;)

Extra Point
01-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Pats 13-3......

Doesn't matter, the shelf life of Crisco.

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 08:29 AM
It's over. The Pats don't even need to show up.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2012, 08:35 AM

Plus, they now have the stain of McDaniels back on their side...

Quesadilla Joe
01-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Unless someone goes full Pollard on Brady early on Denver's ****ed. Hell, they'd still probably lose.

We were up by 2 touchdowns against the Pats last time we played... then the fumbles started happening.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-10-2012, 08:51 AM
We were up by 2 touchdowns against the Pats last time we played... then the fumbles started happening.

So, the Patriots adjusted and dominated the game from that point forward. This is also the second time Belichick gets a look at that Pop Warner offense. It's raping time.

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Donkos by 7

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/4/128755421804328685.jpg

blaise
01-10-2012, 08:54 AM

Yeah, those pesky things that are part of a football game started happening. Then the Pats started scoring points, which is just sort of a flukey thing. Without that you guys would have won.

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 08:54 AM
So, the Patriots adjusted and dominated the game from that point forward. This is also the second time Belichick gets a look at that Pop Warner offense. It's raping time.

You can't rape Tebow. He wears a chastity belt.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Yeah, those pesky things that are part of a football game started happening. Then the Pats started scoring points, which is just sort of a flukey thing. Without that you guys would have won.

Gosh darn it, if Brady hadn't made all those nice pretty throws into tight windows, the Donks surely would have won!!! It's not fair that a QB can do such a thing.

Chiefs=Champions
01-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Now nobody bet a year ban on the game this time..

Quesadilla Joe
01-10-2012, 09:00 AM

Turnovers cost you games. Denver is normally pretty good with not turning the ball over. If we don't fumble three times in our own territory we would have won that game.

Hammock Parties
01-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Htismaqe will bitch this weekend.

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Htismaqe will bitch this weekend.

Yeah, I don't want the Broncos to win but they will anyway.

blaise
Turnovers cost you games. Denver is normally pretty good with not turning the ball over. If we don't fumble three times in our own territory we would have won that game.

But they did happen. And you don't have any way of knowing if you'd have won. That doesn't make sense.

Mile High Mania
Gosh darn it, if Brady hadn't made all those nice pretty throws into tight windows, the Donks surely would have won!!! It's not fair that a QB can do such a thing.

The bitter angst is strong in you... but, it's ok.

I get it though, hell I wish Tebow could throw like Brady or half the other QBs in the league. But, he showed on Sunday that he can be pretty good when they call the plays on offense to keep things from being predictable.

Denver's key to winning on Saturday is every bit about the defense as it is QB... pound the rock on the ground, keep pressure on Brady and good things can happen.

kcpasco
If Denver can somehow pull a horseshoe out of their ass this game against New England I think they are better then Houston and Baltimore.

kcpasco
01-10-2012, 09:05 AM
The bitter angst is strong in you... but, it's ok.

I get it though, hell I wish Tebow could throw like Brady or half the other QBs in the league. But, he showed on Sunday that he can be pretty good when they call the plays on offense to keep things from being predictable.

Denver's key to winning on Saturday is every bit about the defense as it is QB... pound the rock on the ground, keep pressure on Brady and good things can happen.

Tebow burned a shit corner in man coverage all game. That is something even a sub-par Qb should do. LeBeau went full retard with his trust in Ike Taylor with no safety help.

ChiTown
01-10-2012, 09:06 AM
But they did happen. And you don't have any way of knowing if you'd have won. That doesn't make sense.

First time you have ever chatted with KnowLess?

Hammock Parties
01-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I don't want the Broncos to win but they will anyway.

LMAO

If Tebow beats Brady, the AFC will be represented by:

1. Tim Tebow
2. TJ Yates
3. Joe Flacco

Drafturbator epic failure!

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 09:11 AM
LMAO

If Tebow beats Brady, the AFC will be represented by:

1. Tim Tebow
2. TJ Yates
3. Joe Flacco

Drafturbator epic failure!

13-3 trumps everything.

HemiEd
01-10-2012, 09:20 AM

Destiny for Denver, lucky fuckers.

kcpasco
01-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Denver doesn't really have anybody to cover Gronk. And if they do cover him Welker is gonna rip shit up.

DBOSHO
01-10-2012, 09:21 AM
As a pats fan, im extremely nervous. They couldnt stop the broncos from running the ball in the regular season, and the pats havent won a postseason game since the undefeated season. 2 straight home playoff losses. The pats should win, and by a good amount, but idk.

Hammock Parties
01-10-2012, 09:24 AM
This is a night game in Foxboro and it's going to be around 20 degrees.

That favors Denver.

Molitoth
01-10-2012, 09:25 AM
The Steelers game was the Donks super bowl. They will get curb stomped in NE.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-10-2012, 09:29 AM

That favors Denver.

How?

How cold was it at the Buffalo game where Tebow threw 17 ints?

Quesadilla Joe
01-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Denver doesn't really have anybody to cover Gronk. And if they do cover him Welker is gonna rip shit up.

We did a great job covering Welker and Gronk last game... problem is we couldn't cover Aaron Hernandez.

HemiEd
01-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Plus, they now have the stain of McDaniels back on their side...

You mean the one that drafted Tebow?

Hammock Parties
01-10-2012, 09:38 AM
How?

How cold was it at the Buffalo game where Tebow threw 17 ints?

When one team's success is predicated ENTIRELY on the passing game, 20 degree temps can throw a kink in that.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-10-2012, 09:40 AM
When one team's success is predicated ENTIRELY on the passing game, 20 degree temps can throw a kink in that.

Sure did for Tebow in Buffalo...aye?

blaise
01-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Cold weather won't affect the Pats passing game as much as wind might. A lot of receivers and QBs like the cold and a hard or slick field because they know where the routes are going, and it's harder for the DBs to react.

Hammock Parties
01-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Sure did for Tebow in Buffalo...aye?

That's because Tebow was horrible.

The Bills won that game with their rushing attack + turnovers.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2012, 09:41 AM
You mean the one that drafted Tebow?

I still don't thing THAT was the draft pick to be made.

McDaniels lost me when he traded Cutler and Marshall, while not finding a way to make Hillis a part of the offense... then throwing him into the deal for Quinn.

McDaniels had good vision potentially with Tebow, but he hasn't proven to be worth all the picks they used to get him yet.

So, yes - he looks a bit smarter with those picks, but when you view the entire body of work that he put together in Denver - he sucked as a head coach. Josh lost the team.

I give props to the team for making the changes... I don't think that they'd be where they are now with Josh still as HC. I don't think that at all... they've won in spite of any positives you may spin from his time in Denver.

I think there's still a TON of work that needs to be done with Tebow and the offense. Hell, the defense is playing well, but they're old at key positions and that's going to require some quick fixing as well.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-10-2012, 09:42 AM
That's because Tebow is horrible.

The Bills won that game with their rushing attack + turnovers.

FYP.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2012, 09:43 AM
During Denver's losses to NE, BUFF and KC... they had too many turnovers, the defense played uninspired at times and the offense was not creative (as they had been for weeks) and it finally caught up to them.

I am freaking shocked at how they called the game vs PIT, esp on that first play in OT. I hope they have the stones to keep "pulling the trigger".

Play action, bootlegs, misdirection... be creative, let Tebow buy time with his running and hit guys when they're open.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-10-2012, 09:46 AM
The realism is strong in you... but, it's ok.

I get it though, hell I wish Tebow could throw like any QB that has ever played the game, but he doesn't so the homer in me believes in him anyway

FYP

Mile High Mania
01-10-2012, 09:47 AM
The Patriots have serious issues defensively... Denver needs to keep the TOP even at the very least. Defensively, they need to keep pressure high on Brady, he just has too many big weapons for him to have time back there. Brady will eat them alive with Welker, Gronk and Hernandez... the defense has to get to Brady early and often.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-10-2012, 09:48 AM
If Denver can somehow pull a horseshoe out of their ass this game against New England I think they are better then Houston and Baltimore.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-10-2012, 09:53 AM
The Patriots have serious issues defensively... Denver needs to keep the TOP even at the very least. Defensively, they need to keep pressure high on Brady, he just has too many big weapons for him to have time back there. Brady will eat them alive with Welker, Gronk and Hernandez... the defense has to get to Brady early and often.

Denver's had a much better season than expected. I'm impressed with what they've done this year.

It all comes down to Belichick adjusting to what happened the last time when Denver got off to a hot start and I'll bet on that horse every time, especially against a one dimensional team. That combo eats everyone alive as even when they've fallen way behind the last couple weeks against Denver, Miami, and Buffalo...give them enough possessions, they are going to score and score often.

BoneKrusher
01-10-2012, 09:54 AM
i like Denver
picked them last week.

Amnorix
01-10-2012, 09:58 AM
lol. I don't think we can beat them unless we get extremely lucky.

I agree. But then I thought the same thing for the Steelers. And I really didn't think the Pats could lose at home to the Jets to start the playoffs last year.

So I'm not counting any chickens yet...

Amnorix
01-10-2012, 09:59 AM
I would, by the way, like to welcome all of the normal Chiefs fans to Patriots Nation this week. It makes me feel good to know that you will all be rooting for my boys as well. TOGETHER we can do this, and stop Tebowmania!!!

:D

ChiefGator
01-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Patriots haven't won a playoff game since 2007... keep that trend going. Brady's first career playoff loss was against Denver and the Broncos... let's do that again.

Well it would be kinda fun to see the Broncos win just for that reason. That will suddenly become a very big story.

Amnorix
01-10-2012, 10:00 AM
As long as Ike Taylor doesn't play the Pats should win. But I think it will be closer then most people expect.

You haven't seen the Patriots DBs in action. Gives new meaning to the words "pathetic" and "incompetent".

But at least it's balanced out by the mediocre pass rush.

:shake: :banghead:

Mile High Mania
01-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Denver's had a much better season than expected. I'm impressed with what they've done this year.

It all comes down to Belichick adjusting to what happened the last time when Denver got off to a hot start and I'll bet on that horse every time, especially against a one dimensional team. That combo eats everyone alive as even when they've fallen way behind the last couple weeks against Denver, Miami, and Buffalo...give them enough possessions, they are going to score and score often.

I don't disagree with all of that, but at times this year (maybe 3-4, including vs PIT), Denver showed they can be two dimensional. It's a much different team when all phases work together.

Unlike NE with their poor defense, they can win because of the QB. There may be 3-4 teams in the league that can say that... so I'm not too concerned with it to be honest with you.

If the defense does their thing and Denver can consistently run the ball... then Tebow doesn't have to be 'all world'. Tebow has to be more in line with 12 for 25 or 15 for 30 and not 5 for 14. They have to pass and they have to mix it in earlier. Finally, they showed what they can do this past weekend.

Did the PIT defense sell out and give up too much... possibly. But, they took advantage. I'm sure BB has talked with Romeo already about what KC did differently in their second game vs Denver. I'm sure BB will be ready to do what he does in the playoffs.

But, while the team has frustrated me a bit more than anything this season... every time I've been ready to give up, they pull me back in and have proven me wrong more often than not. Is he the long-term answer? I dunno, but right now things are good and the team believes.

Tim has a very short memory and that's what you want at QB.

Denver can win this game... they have nearly everything riding against them, but that's what happens. I don't think much of the McD Factor to be honest with you... more is being made of that than there needs to be.

Denver has surprised me, so I'm happy with whatever happens at this point. They're sticking with him for 2012, there's no way to avoid it. So, their challenge is to surround him with the players they need to improve. I think they can do it.

Tebow will continue to work on his areas that need improving... I'll continue to have 1 foot on and the other off the bandwagon, but he's got something and this team believes in him.

The Patriots have shown in the past they're not afraid to lose a big playoff game... Brady and the Patriots are mortal. I remember Plummer and the Broncos defeating them in 2005, delivering Brady his first playoff loss.

It can happen again... the Patriots team is not the greatest team in the playoffs, they're incredibly good - don't mistake what I'm saying, but they can be defeated and it won't take the miracle of all miracles to make it happen.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-10-2012, 10:03 AM
I actually hope the Donkeys win this one and in reality with the Pats having the #32 defense and the type of game Denver plays now it could actually happen. If Denver wins they move down in the draft and they aint going to no Superbowl. Also I gotta confess I kinda enjoy watching Tebow . That bitch!

Amnorix
01-10-2012, 10:03 AM

Dude, the Pats moved the ball all up and down the field on you in 2005 and should've beaten you, but turnovers killed us.

They happen. You don't bitch about the meaningless game a few weeks ago and I won't bitch about some irrelevant game in 2005.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2012, 10:04 AM
You haven't seen the Patriots DBs in action. Gives new meaning to the words "pathetic" and "incompetent".

But at least it's balanced out by the mediocre pass rush.

:shake: :banghead:

Deep down... I think you're a little nervous about this one.

If Denver had not imploded with the turnovers in that 2nd quarter (granted NE did help create them) and had McGahee not been hurt... things may not have gone down hill so incredibly fast.

Amnorix
01-10-2012, 10:04 AM

That favors Denver.

Cold is irrelevant, unless you're not tough enough to deal with it. So is snow. What matters is rain, especially if really heavy, and wind.

Most people think any adverse weather is bad, especially for a passing game, but that's not really true. The Pats/Chokeland Snow Bowl game was a complete pass-fest.

BoneKrusher
01-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Also I gotta confess I kinda enjoy watching Tebow . That bitch!

he has the drive to win and he can pull it off, something recent KC Quarterbacks can only wish they had.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Dude, the Pats moved the ball all up and down the field on you in 2005 and should've beaten you, but turnovers killed us.

They happen. You don't bitch about the meaningless game a few weeks ago and I won't bitch about some irrelevant game in 2005.

That's the way I feel... I was getting tired of hearing about who the Steelers didn't have in the game on Sunday. It's not like Denver wasn't dealing with key injuries as well, and another one after losing Decker.

Amnorix
01-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Deep down... I think you're a little nervous about this one.

Of course I am. 2009 didn't much matter, that wasn't really a good Patriots team, and they showed it when they got butt-raped by the Ravens.

2010 was a pretty good team though. Very similar to this year's actually, though last year they went 14-2 against a tougher schedule, to be honest. And the Jets whipped 'em pretty good. More than what the score showed.

And, of course, the 2007 Super Bowl is a game the Pats win 8 or 9 times out of 10, but luck wasn't with us that day.

And just like last year, we SHOULD win this game and it is at home. But that doesn't mean we WILL win this game. Especially with our mediocre defense.

If Denver had not imploded with the turnovers in that 2nd quarter (granted NE did help create them) and had McGahee not been hurt... things may not have gone down hill so incredibly fast.

Turnovers happen, and can swing momentum, no question. But the Pats curb stomped your running game starting in teh 2nd quarter because they made some significant adjustments. That helped lead to the rest.

If the Patriots don't implode in 2005, then they might win a 3rd SB in a row. "But for" imploding due to turnovers is responsible for 80% of losses in this league -- just ask the team that lost. :D

Mile High Mania
01-10-2012, 10:07 AM
I actually hope the Donkeys win this one and in reality with the Pats having the #32 defense and the type of game Denver plays now it could actually happen. If Denver wins they move down in the draft and they aint going to no Superbowl. Also I gotta confess I kinda enjoy watching Tebow . That bitch!

It has taken me a long time to even begin to embrace the idea that Tebow is my QB and may very well be my QB for years. It is fun to watch him when they're moving the ball. I get killed and beat down by all the 3 and outs early on that they've had in recent games.

But, when he's "on" and the team is playing well... it's fun as hell at times. Frustrating, but fun.

Frazod
01-10-2012, 10:08 AM
I still don't thing THAT was the draft pick to be made.

McDaniels lost me when he traded Cutler and Marshall, while not finding a way to make Hillis a part of the offense... then throwing him into the deal for Quinn.

McDaniels had good vision potentially with Tebow, but he hasn't proven to be worth all the picks they used to get him yet.

So, yes - he looks a bit smarter with those picks, but when you view the entire body of work that he put together in Denver - he sucked as a head coach. Josh lost the team.

I give props to the team for making the changes... I don't think that they'd be where they are now with Josh still as HC. I don't think that at all... they've won in spite of any positives you may spin from his time in Denver.

I think there's still a TON of work that needs to be done with Tebow and the offense. Hell, the defense is playing well, but they're old at key positions and that's going to require some quick fixing as well.

Dumping Cutler was the best thing he ever did. Two first round picks and a decent QB for that overrated quitter douche? He's done jack shit for the Bears.

Amnorix
01-10-2012, 10:09 AM
We did a great job covering Welker and Gronk last game... problem is we couldn't cover Aaron Hernandez.

Covering 2 is a helluva lot easier than covering 3. Other teams have also gone that route to get killed by Hernandez.

Moss/Welker ultimately failed in 2009/10 because there wasn't a third option. No run game and no third WR/TE.

Now we have one, and it makes it brutal to stop it all.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-10-2012, 10:09 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/10/tom-brady-josh-mcdaniels-has-inside-information-on-broncos/

Tom Brady: Josh McDaniels has “inside information” on Broncos

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 10, 2012, 10:57 AM EST

AP
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is excited about what new assistant Josh McDaniels can provide for the team this week.

Brady said the return of McDaniels, who left the Patriots after the 2008 season to become head coach of the Broncos in 2009, can only benefit New England as it game plans for Denver on Saturday night.

“He obviously has some inside information on that team and those players, as he coached them. I haven’t seen Josh yet, so I really don’t know,” Brady said on WEEI. “I think coach [Bill] Belichick has a pretty good idea of what he’s going to want Josh to do. I talked to Josh briefly but I really haven’t had a chance to sit down with him. He’s a great coach and we’re lucky to have him. I’m excited to get back to work with him. How that plays into this week, we’ll see. We’ll try to figure that out here in the next five or six days.”

But as for whether McDaniels gives the Patriots’ defense a leg up on preparing for Tim Tebow, Brady said he wouldn’t know about that. Brady called Tebow “a good player” but said he’s thinking about Denver’s defense, not Denver’s quarterback.

“Look, I’m thinking about Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil and Brian Dawkins and Champ Bailey,” Brady said. “They’ve got plenty of good players on defense for me to worry about.”

Mile High Mania
01-10-2012, 10:10 AM
But the Pats curb stomped your running game starting in teh 2nd quarter because they made some significant adjustments. That helped lead to the rest.

Agreed and it's why I get frustrated with the play calling in those situations...

Down by 10, it's early in the 4th and on 1st and 10 at the 20... you run McGahee up the gut or have Tebow run right for 2 yards.

I don't want to see anymore of that crap. BB does what he does to adjust and I just want my guys to do that very same thing. Granted... coach for coach, player for player... NE > DEN on most comparisons. So again, I'm not expecting anything great - I'd just like to see a nice game at the very least.

Amnorix
01-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Play action, bootlegs, misdirection... be creative, let Tebow buy time with his running and hit guys when they're open.

I was saying this ages ago, even before the first NE/Denver game. Denver needs to have the most free-wheeling crazy playbook in the NFL. Handoff to the RB who throws back to Tebow, flea-flicker, rollouts, shovel passes, naked bootlegs.

You should have it ALL. The point is to challenge the defense. Make them THINK about every snap being a misdirection, a fake, not what it seems. When defenses start thinking, they start sucking.

Micjones
01-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Unless Roethlisberger's suiting up at QB for the Pats...
Tebow's Cinderella season is approaching Midnight.

Amnorix
01-10-2012, 10:13 AM

Not at all. "Cold", by itself, doesn't matter that much. Wind and precipitation are much more significant.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Not at all. "Cold", by itself, doesn't matter that much. Wind and precipitation are much more significant.

Bring on a blinding blizzard...

Amnorix
01-10-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't disagree with all of that, but at times this year (maybe 3-4, including vs PIT), Denver showed they can be two dimensional. It's a much different team when all phases work together.

10 completed passes or whatever isn't two dimensional. The Steelers played a style of defense that let you get BIG plays. What was it, 10 passes for 350 yards. Yeah, one thing I'll guarantee is no 35 yards per completed pass against the Pats.

That said, you may well complete MORE passes against the Pats, who employ a "bend-but-don't-break" (we hope) defense. Between the 20s teams move like lightning. In the red zone things tend to break down for them. We're 31st or whatever in total yards allowed, but middle of the pack in points allowed.

Denver can win this game... they have nearly everything riding against them, but that's what happens. I don't think much of the McD Factor to be honest with you... more is being made of that than there needs to be.

Think McDaniels can help, since he has intimate knowledge of some of those players strengths and weaknesses.

It can happen again... the Patriots team is not the greatest team in the playoffs, they're incredibly good - don't mistake what I'm saying, but they can be defeated and it won't take the miracle of all miracles to make it happen.

Nobody suggests this is the 2007 Patriots, that's certainly true. All AFC teams have incredible flaws. Heck, the most balanced team in the playoffs is probably the Niners...

Amnorix
01-10-2012, 10:20 AM
That's the way I feel... I was getting tired of hearing about who the Steelers didn't have in the game on Sunday. It's not like Denver wasn't dealing with key injuries as well, and another one after losing Decker.

All teams have injuries. 2005 Patriots were very beaten up. Whatever, nobody cares. Whine like a bitch of you want, but all you do is sound like a bitch. :D

Amnorix
01-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Agreed and it's why I get frustrated with the play calling in those situations...

Down by 10, it's early in the 4th and on 1st and 10 at the 20... you run McGahee up the gut or have Tebow run right for 2 yards.

I don't want to see anymore of that crap. BB does what he does to adjust and I just want my guys to do that very same thing. Granted... coach for coach, player for player... NE > DEN on most comparisons. So again, I'm not expecting anything great - I'd just like to see a nice game at the very least.

I'll take a curb stomping, if you don't mind. I don't need the stress.

I dont' need another "bad guys get a massive 1st quarter lead" game either. Sick of that shit.

Amnorix
01-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Bring on a blinding blizzard...

:D

No thanks. Don't want any of that.

Brock
01-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Here's a preview

http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/tebow-being-crucified.jpg

JD10367
01-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Patriots defense: gave up 21.4 PPG in the regular season (15th).

Denver defense: gave up 24.4 PPG in the regular season (24th).

Patriots offense: scored 32.1 PPG in the regular season (2nd).

Denver offense: scored 19.3 PPG in the regular season (23rd).

Patriots just hung 41 on Denver. In their own house.

Patriots just showed the blueprint to beat Denver (let them run, contain Tebow in the pocket, keep a deep safety in the middle and the receivers in front, force Tebow to make quick decisions in the short- to intermediate-passing game)... which Pittsburgh ignored.

Denver is losing people (WR). Patriots are gaining people (very good S Patrick Chung finally back).

It is not impossible for the Tebows to win. If they play a perfect game, and the Pats' O-line shits the bed (as they've done in the playoffs recently), and the Pats turn the ball over (as they've done in the playoffs recently), and Brady has a subpar game at the worst time (as they've done in the playoffs recently)... but that's a whole lotta "ifs".

This years' Patriots offense is probably the best they've had, including the 2007 season. That year was all about Moss and teams started to figure it out in the second half. Even last year, they went into the playoffs without AHern; IIRC, TE "Don't Call Me Pond Algae" Crumpler dropped a TD pass that might've changed that Pats/Jets game. The Patriots just create too many mismatches. Welker, Gronk, AHern, Branch, even Ocho... someone will be open or in a mismatch on every play, and if Brady can find them the Pats are almost unstoppable.

I predict Patriots 41, Broncos 27 (with the game pretty much out of reach until a late Denver TD makes it more interesting).

Setsuna
01-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Von Miller needs to be moved around the field a lot. His coverage skills may be lacking, but he can tackle and he's quick to at least stop those underneath passes to the TEs. Also he needs to stop rushing from the outside when the QB can easily step up. He needs to be rushing the interior.

Setsuna
01-10-2012, 10:49 AM

Patriots just showed the blueprint to beat Denver (let them run, contain Tebow in the pocket, keep a deep safety in the middle and the receivers in front, force Tebow to make quick decisions in the short- to intermediate-passing game)... which Pittsburgh ignored.

Denver is losing people (WR). Patriots are gaining people (very good S Patrick Chung finally back).

It is not impossible for the Tebows to win. If they play a perfect game, and the Pats' O-line shits the bed (as they've done in the playoffs recently), and the Pats turn the ball over (as they've done in the playoffs recently), and Brady has a subpar game at the worst time (as they've done in the playoffs recently)... but that's a whole lotta "ifs".

This years' Patriots offense is probably the best they've had, including the 2007 season. That year was all about Moss and teams started to figure it out in the second half. Even last year, they went into the playoffs without AHern; IIRC, TE "Don't Call Me Pond Algae" Crumpler dropped a TD pass that might've changed that Pats/Jets game. The Patriots just create too many mismatches. Welker, Gronk, AHern, Branch, even Ocho... someone will be open or in a mismatch on every play, and if Brady can find them the Pats are almost unstoppable.

I predict Patriots 41, Broncos 27 (with the game pretty much out of reach until a late Denver TD makes it more interesting).
This game won't go the same way it did a few weeks ago. Bank on that. No turnovers and the Broncos win.

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 12:31 PM

Blah blah blah...

Patriots: 13 wins, 3 losses.

Game over.

mnchiefsguy
01-10-2012, 12:34 PM
This game won't go the same way it did a few weeks ago. Bank on that. No turnovers and the Broncos win.

No turnovers is not enough for the donkeys, they have to force turnovers to have any chance of winning. If NE has no turnovers, I do not see the tebows being able to keep up on the scoreboard.

mnchiefsguy
01-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Blah blah blah...

Game over.

13-3 is not a complete curse. The Packers Superbowl win under Favre was a 13-3 season.

Actually, according to the graph, there have been just as many 13-3 superbowl winners as there have been 14-2 superbowl winners:

http://www.realclearsports.com/charts/regular_season_record_of_super_bowl_winners-154.html

For what its worth...I hate 13-3 myself, as it has been a bad harbinger for the Chiefs.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Blah blah blah...

Game over.

It's not just 13-3, right... it's 13-3 with the bye week.

And, this - let's go for the Jinx.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/2012/0109_large.jpg

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 12:54 PM
13-3 is not a complete curse. The Packers Superbowl win under Favre was a 13-3 season.

Actually, according to the graph, there have been just as many 13-3 superbowl winners as there have been 14-2 superbowl winners:

http://www.realclearsports.com/charts/regular_season_record_of_super_bowl_winners-154.html

For what its worth...I hate 13-3 myself, as it has been a bad harbinger for the Chiefs.

13-3 only applies to the AFC.

13-3 NFC teams advance to the Super Bowl like 60% of the time.

However, for AFC teams, 1-and-done is all but guaranteed.

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Since the advent of free agency, 13 AFC teams have gone 13-3. 12 NFC teams have gone 13-3.

8 of those NFC teams not only won their 1st-round playoff game - they went on to play in the Super Bowl.

10 of those AFC teams lost their opening round playoff game at home. Only 3 advanced beyond the 1st round and only the 1999 Titans advanced to the Super Bowl - they played the 13-3 Indianapolis Colts in the 1st round.

Amnorix
01-10-2012, 01:12 PM
All Patriots players participated at start of practice. Hopefully a good sign for both Mankins and Vollmer. The only way we lose this game, IMHO, is if our offensive line gets dominated by the Denver defensive line. Having those two guys will help.

Having Chung and Spikes back on defense will help also (we didn't have those two against Denver the first time around).

The Bad Guy
01-10-2012, 01:16 PM

It's a shame they don't end the game after the first quarter then.

You lost by 18.

I don't expect you to take this beating like a man either.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2012, 01:22 PM
It's a shame they don't end the game after the first quarter then.

You lost by 18.

I don't expect you to take this beating like a man either.

Was it only 18? Pats should have put up more.

Kerberos
01-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Pats 13-3......

Doesn't matter, the shelf life of Crisco.

13-3 with 3 being the majority # and 13+3 = 3:16

Thats it.....It means Tebow is going to Foxboro to Part the Red sea of defense and win the game.

WOULDA----COULDA----SHOULDA :whackit:

boogblaster
01-10-2012, 02:01 PM
donks were lucky already ... season over ......

Quesadilla Joe
01-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Den-Pitt MT @gregaiello: most-watched game of season, most-watched Wild Card game ever , & most-watched TV program since Super Bowl XLV.https://twitter.com/#!/ProFootballWkly/status/156824077942796288

Rasputin
01-10-2012, 02:46 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/ProFootballWkly/status/156824077942796288

I expect this to be true, however most people out side of the dungver homos' were hoping & wishing for a TT train wreck, altho this did not happen in that game the expectations remain the same for next week.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-10-2012, 02:51 PM

That ought to fill your spank bank till kickoff on Saturday.

Mile High Mania
01-11-2012, 07:54 AM
All Patriots players participated at start of practice. Hopefully a good sign for both Mankins and Vollmer. The only way we lose this game, IMHO, is if our offensive line gets dominated by the Denver defensive line. Having those two guys will help.

Having Chung and Spikes back on defense will help also (we didn't have those two against Denver the first time around).

That's the only way? I read a note this morning that he Patriots' defense gave up 70 plays of 20 yards or more through the air.

JD10367
01-11-2012, 08:25 AM
That's the only way? I read a note this morning that he Patriots' defense gave up 70 plays of 20 yards or more through the air.

And the Broncos very probably will hit on some long balls. I'll give them two, maybe three TDs thanks to long balls. I'll even throw in a rushing TD. I'll even throw in a FG or two. Bottom line, that still puts them around 27-34... and New England can score more than that easily, unless their O-line shits the bed (as he said). Which is not impossible. They do it every so often, and at the worst time (Giants SB).

Mile High Mania
01-11-2012, 08:30 AM
25 Years Ago Today... January 11, 1987

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pR_CYdodPwY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

J Diddy
01-11-2012, 08:44 AM
If Denver goes to the superbowl on the back of Tim Tebow I am swearing off football, woman, and booze.

Mile High Mania
01-11-2012, 08:54 AM
If Denver goes to the superbowl on the back of Tim Tebow I am swearing off football, woman, and booze.

Well, you'll definitely fit more nicely into Omega's dating demographic...

Mr_Tomahawk
01-14-2012, 10:30 PM

That favors Denver.

LMAO fail.

Simplicity
01-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Well who is the idiot that made this thread?

Pasta Little Brioni
01-14-2012, 10:59 PM

I'm guessing you turned this bad boy off at halftime LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

ChiefFripp
01-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Well that was entertaining, I wanted Brady to get one more TD as well as Gronkowski but I'll take it.

TheGuardian
01-14-2012, 11:10 PM
OMG no. The Pats are going to crush the Donkeys.

Smart this one is.

Dave Lane
01-15-2012, 09:16 AM

:LOL:LMAO

Quesadilla Joe
01-15-2012, 09:39 AM
So you guys actually get enjoyment out of Denver losing?

What a group of sad individuals. Just know that Tebow has won more playoff games in one year than the Chiefs have in 20.

Bwana
01-15-2012, 09:44 AM

What a group of sad individuals. Just know that God's anointed NFL disciple has won more playoff games in one year than the Chiefs have in 20.

Not only was the final score enjoyable, but it was also enjoyable seeing your hero Von Miller have a meltdown on national TV.

RNR
01-15-2012, 09:46 AM

What a group of sad individuals. Just know that God's anointed NFL disciple has won more playoff games in one year than the Chiefs have in 20.

He has also bounced more footballs off the ground than any QB in...well ever~

Pasta Little Brioni
01-15-2012, 09:48 AM

Good news. Denver helped in setting a ratings record of most people turning off a divisional playoff game at halftime. Congrats!!

Quesadilla Joe
01-15-2012, 09:58 AM
Not only was the final score enjoyable, but it was also enjoyable seeing your hero Von Miller have a meltdown on national TV.

That game will just fuel his fire.

Denver is going to run away with the AFC West next year. We get Ty Warren, Knowshon, Vickerson, Decker, and Kuper back and VONDOOM are going to be completely healthy.

If we add a corner and a homerun threat at running back we will be making a run at the Super Bowl next year.

Bwana
01-15-2012, 10:01 AM

Denver is going to run away with the AFC West next year. We get Ty Warren, Knowshon, Vickerson, Decker, and Kuper back and VONDOOM are going to be completely healthy.

If we add a corner and a homerun threat at running back we will be making a run at the Super Bowl next year.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Pasta Little Brioni
01-15-2012, 10:07 AM

Brokedick, pathetic bust, sucks, what good is a reciever when your QB throws the ball 10 yards over thier head, meh, your opponents better wear vondoms cause that Pop Warner offense has been solved.

KC gets 2 All Pro caliber players back and another nice all around TE. It's like adding 3 impact additions before draft and free agency even starts.

Quesadilla Joe
01-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Who is going to put up a fight against Denver? The Chiefs are going to lose either Bowe or Carr, and The Three NoKneego's will never be the same.

The Raiders were already in cap hell and aren't going to be able to improve much.

The Chargers can put up a fight but they might be losing both Hardwick and Dielman.

Denver is a young team on the rise. We got our QBOTF, an excellent offensive scheme, great coordinators, good young receivers, the youngest OL in the league, two extremely young and dominant pass rushers, a clutch kicker, the best young punter in the league, and a solid group of players on the DL and LB.

Bwana
01-15-2012, 10:17 AM
I can honestly say, I hope they stick with Tebow.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-15-2012, 10:22 AM
If God's anointed NFL disciple's the QB of the future in Denver, the future looks so bright for the rest of the west that we've got to wear shades.

Excellent offensive scheme ROFLROFLROFL not done yetROFLROFLROFLok ok I'm good ROFLROFLROFL not quiteROFLROFLROFL PHEW ROFLROFLROFL alrightROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

btlook1
01-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Good news. Denver helped in setting a ratings record of most people turning off a divisional playoff game at halftime. Congrats!!

It was halftime when I turned it off.....while loving the beating they were getting it just wasn't worth watching. KC or Chokeland would have put up a better performance vs. the Pats.....Denver didn't deserve to be there....

Pasta Little Brioni
01-15-2012, 10:27 AM
It was halftime when I turned it off.....while loving the beating they were getting it just wasn't worth watching. KC or Chokeland would have put up a better performance vs. the Pats.....Denver didn't deserve to be there....

Nope, every good offense they faced this year raped that defense. They had a charmed season, still only won 8 games, were embarrased 3 out of thier last 5, and couldn't even muster an offensive drive for a score at home against KC. Pathetic. The Wild God's anointed NFL disciple offense was solved and much like the Dolphins a couple years ago, dark days await out in Pile High.

mlyonsd
01-15-2012, 10:32 AM
If God's anointed NFL disciple's the QB of the future in Denver, the future looks so bright for the rest of the west that we've got to wear shades.

Excellent offensive scheme ROFLROFLROFL not done yetROFLROFLROFLok ok I'm good ROFLROFLROFL not quiteROFLROFLROFL PHEW ROFLROFLROFL alrightROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLNot really sure what's so funny. I can see teams all over the NFL adopting that offensive scheme.

TheGuardian
01-15-2012, 10:34 AM

Von Miller is a pussy that I would bitch slap.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Not really sure what's so funny. I can see teams all over the NFL adopting that offensive scheme.

I hope they do. I also hope they all draft QB's that can't throw the football worth a damn.

mlyonsd
01-15-2012, 10:49 AM
I hope they do. I also hope they all draft QB's that can't throw the football worth a damn.Yeah I tried to add a winky face on the end of my statement but evidently there is a limit of 20 emoticons in a post, and yours was already there. LMAO

RNR
01-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Who is going to put up a fight against Denver? The Chiefs are going to lose either Bowe or Carr, and The Three NoKneego's will never be the same.

The Raiders were already in cap hell and aren't going to be able to improve much.

The Chargers can put up a fight but they might be losing both Hardwick and Dielman.

Denver is a young team on the rise. We got our QBOTF, an excellent offensive scheme, great coordinators, good young receivers, the youngest OL in the league, two extremely young and dominant pass rushers, a clutch kicker, the best young punter in the league, and a solid group of players on the DL and LB.
LMAO:LOL:ROFL

mlyonsd
01-15-2012, 10:53 AM
LMAO:LOL:ROFLThere are only so many Carson Palmers to go around. :p

RNR
01-15-2012, 10:56 AM
There are only so many Carson Palmers to go around. :p

:#

RNR
01-15-2012, 10:57 AM
There are only so many Carson Palmers to go around. :p

I will take him over that fullback ;)

mlyonsd
01-15-2012, 10:59 AM
:#We might be willing to trade Cassel for your 2013 first round pick.

Bwana
01-15-2012, 11:00 AM
We might be willing to trade Cassel for your 2013 first round pick.

Might? :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0_n8fvEmIEI/TkAry3NgxGI/AAAAAAAAAlQ/RKHkV9mDcI0/s1600/snake-oil1.jpg

mlyonsd
01-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Might? :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0_n8fvEmIEI/TkAry3NgxGI/AAAAAAAAAlQ/RKHkV9mDcI0/s1600/snake-oil1.jpgShhhhhh. I'm working here.

Bwana
01-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Shhhhhh. I'm working here.

Fair enough.

Frazod
01-15-2012, 11:07 AM

He's worth more than that to the Raiders, I think. Hold out for a 2014 2nd as well. :titus:

mlyonsd
01-15-2012, 11:14 AM
He's worth more than that to the Raiders, I think. Hold out for a 2014 2nd as well. :titus:Are you sure they still have that pick?

Frazod
01-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Are you sure they still have that pick?

Shit, you're right. I think they dumped that on the new water boy they picked up from Buffalo.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-15-2012, 11:15 AM

Just know that we'll have a higher draft pick than you. So there!

mlyonsd
01-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Shit, you're right. I think they dumped that on the new water boy they picked up from Buffalo.Imagine how much fun it would be slinging smack if we were actually worth a shit.

Frazod
01-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Imagine how much fun it would be slinging smack if we were actually worth a shit.

It would help. :banghead:

DBOSHO
01-15-2012, 11:20 AM

You do realize that we almost beat the steelers BEFORE ben got hurt with TYLER PALKO.

Frazod
01-15-2012, 11:21 AM
You do realize that we almost beat the steelers BEFORE ben got hurt with TYLER PALKO.

If only they'd shitcanned Orton a couple of weeks earlier.

RNR
01-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Sorry about your luck but the Raiders are under new management and the wild wacky days are gone~

Bowser
01-15-2012, 12:45 PM

You guys were 8-8 and backed into a division title. We beat you at your home scoring SEVEN points, in a game that had you won, it would have taken all the drama away of reaching the playoffs. You have a quarterback everyone loves but recognizes isn't an NFL caliber QB.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs manage 7 wins with a triumverate at QB with names like Cassel, Palko, and Orton. We had no Jamaal Charles, Moeaki, or Berry. Our coach got fired in December, and all we did the first game out was go beat the undefeated Packers.

We're not exactly shaking in our boots at the thought of the mighty Broncos over here.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Yeah I tried to add a winky face on the end of my statement but evidently there is a limit of 20 emoticons in a post, and yours was already there. LMAO

Thought so :thumb:

O.city
01-15-2012, 04:58 PM
This game might really fuel Tebows fire when he is playing qb in Jacksonville next year on certain packages in the red zone.

htismaqe
01-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Well who is the idiot that made this thread?

Somebody's meter is broken.

And this thread turned EPIC!

ROFL

Quesadilla Joe
01-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Von Miller is a pussy that I would bitch slap.

As a Chiefs fan, I have to put all biases aside to get this out.... BUT. Von Miller reminds me so much of Derrick Thomas it is scary. The damn cheating donks got lucky with that guy. I actually think Von Miller is a better run defender now than at any point in DT's illustrious career.

Bane
01-15-2012, 07:45 PM
As a Chiefs fan, I have to put all biases aside to get this out.... BUT. Von Miller reminds me so much of Derrick Thomas it is scary. The damn cheating donks got lucky with that guy. I actually think Von Miller is a better run defender now than at any point in DT's illustrious career.

Even when he got his ass beat down at the bottom of that pile?

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

LiveSteam
01-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Imagine how much fun it would be slinging smack if we were actually worth a shit.

LMAO