PDA

View Full Version : Football Tebow inspires John Parr to re-record '80s classic 'St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)

Deberg_1990
01-11-2012, 09:50 AM
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/80s/content/tim-tebow-inspires-john-parr-re-record-80s-classic-st-elmos-fire-man-motion

Tim Tebow, meet the '80s. The '80s, Tim Tebow. A Denver TV station is reporting that the miracle-making Broncos quarterback and former Florida Gator has inspired '80s musician John Parr to re-record his biggest hit -- St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion) -- with Tebow-tweaked lyrics.

I can see a new horizon
Underneath the blazin' sky
I'll be where the eagle's
Flyin' higher and higher

Gonna be a man in motion
All I needs my Broncos team
Take me where my future's lyin'
Tim Tebows Fire.

Can this possibly be real? It sounds that way. And surely weirder things have happened to '80s classics. (Which was worse: Modern English's Melt With You being used for to pimp Taco Bell or The Human League's Fascination recruited to sell Kingsford Charcoal?)

"I was inspired by Tim Tebow so I wanted to modify the lyrics...in his honor of the way that he lives his life as being a great example," Parr reportedly told FOX31 Denver on Monday.

The original tune gained fame as the theme song for the 1985 movie St. Elmo's Fire, but it was originally written as a tribute to Canadian Olympian Rick Hansen, who at the time was traveling around the world in a wheelchair to raise money for his spinal cord injuries. It went on to be a No. 1 hit on the charts and scored a Grammy nomination.

So it's not entirely a longshot to see it repurposed for Tebow, who has shocked football experts with his miracle comebacks for the Broncos, who beat the heavily favored Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

Still ... is it real? Or just an Internet stunt? Take me where the future's lyin'

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gAIQWzW1MIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheGuardian
01-11-2012, 09:54 AM
"I was inspired by Tim Tebow so I wanted to modify the lyrics...in his honor of the way that he lives his life as being a great example," Parr reportedly told FOX31 Denver on Monday.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UY9VGQERxMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BoneKrusher
01-11-2012, 09:56 AM
i heard this morning the Broncos/Steelers game was the highest rated game since the super bowl last year.
like him or not, Tebow is good for the league.
he's outshined all the Brees, Brady and Rodgers accomplishments in 2011.

Frazod
01-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Apparently John Parr has some bills he needs paying.

bobbything
01-11-2012, 09:58 AM
If this is for real then I'll kill someone. I love this song. It's not only one of my favorite 80's songs, it's one of my favorite songs period. The songs original meaning is really inspiring. The re-write would be an insult to Rick Hansen. Tebow has had to overcome nothing but the ire of non-Christians.

This angers me.

Frazod
01-11-2012, 09:58 AM

:spock:

Just because he's the flavor of the month with a bible stuck up his ass doesn't mean he's outshined the people you listed above.

BigCatDaddy
01-11-2012, 09:59 AM
It just won't be the same now when I put on my leotard, put in my Jane Fonda workout video and jam out to St. Elmo's Fire.

Deberg_1990
01-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Maybe Tebow can inspire a St Elmos Fire Cast reunion.

Because you can never get enough Emilio Estevez, Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy, Demi Moore, Judd Nelson, Ally Sheedy and Mare Winningham

MMXcalibur
01-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Well, bright side I suppose is that at least he's in the AFC West, which can give some exposure to KC.

"TEBOW COMPLETES TOUCHDOWN PASS IN DYING SECONDS!!!!"
Chiefs win 45-7

Mile High Mania
Maybe Tebow can inspire a St Elmos Fire Cast reunion.

Because you can never get enough Emilio Estevez, Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy, Demi Moore, Judd Nelson, Ally Sheedy and Mare Winningham

I have always feared a remake/part 2 version of St Elmos or Breakfast club ... don't think Hollywood hasn't considered it.

Demonpenz
I have a distinct memory of that song and playing with go-bogs especially that bitch car that stomps the ground and all hell breaks loose

JD10367
01-11-2012, 10:03 AM

Just because he's the flavor of the month with a bible stuck up his ass doesn't mean he's outshined the people you listed above.

This.

But at least those guys get some love. The real crime this season is how overlooked Cam Newton has been.

Frazod
01-11-2012, 10:04 AM
If Tebow ever needs to slay someone with the jawbone of an ass, luckily Elway's close by.

BoneKrusher
01-11-2012, 10:05 AM

i'm talking about the media attention.

like it or not it's good for the NFL.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-11-2012, 10:08 AM
i heard this morning the Broncos/Steelers game was the highest rated game since the super bowl last year.
like him or not, Tebow is good for the league.

Yeah, an inaccurate QB on an 8-8 team far exceeds the spectacular play of guys like Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and actual impressive young QB's Stafford and Newton :whackit:

I can't wait for midnight to strike for this clown.

Frazod
01-11-2012, 10:09 AM
i'm talking about the media attention.

like it or not it's good for the NFL.

I guess. But to mention such a crappy QB in the same sentence with the others is true blasphemy.

I'm trying to determine what's more annoying:

A. Endless speculation regarding Favre's latest unretirement rumors
B. THE DECISION!!!!!
C. Our Lord Jesus Tebow

and I'm coming up with:

D. FUCK YOU ESPN 4321

JD10367
01-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Tim - Te-Bow... - saviour of the universe
Tim - Te-Bow... - he'll save everyone of us
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Tim - Te-Bow... - he's a miracle
Tim - Te-Bow... - king of the impossible

He's for everyone of us
Stand for everyone of us
He'll save with a mighty hand
Every man every woman
Every child - with a mighty flash

Tim - a-ah
Tim - a-ah - he'll save everyone of us

Just a man
With a man's courage
He knows nothing but a man
But he can never fail
No one but the pure in heart
May find the silver Lombardi
Oh oh - oh oh
Tim

Frazod
01-11-2012, 10:14 AM

He's for everyone of us
Stand for everyone of us
Every man every woman

Tim - a-ah

Just a man
With a man's courage
But he can never fail
Oh oh - oh oh
Tim

That's going to be stuck in my head all day now. :#

BoneKrusher
01-11-2012, 10:14 AM
I guess. But to mention such a crappy QB in the same sentence with the others is true blasphemy.

I

i never said Tebow was an awesome QB.
i just said all the media attention is good for the league and especially the AFC West.

Gonzo
01-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Tebow must have sold his soul or something. Maybe that's why he's so religious... He's trying to repent. How else can a guy with a wobble-launcher that makes Huard seem like Marino keep winning?
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod
i just said all the media attention is good for the league and especially the AFC West.

Yeah, all we need is another excuse for the already bent officials to screw us over in the name of another team's popularity.

Deberg_1990

He's for everyone of us
Stand for everyone of us
Every man every woman

Tim - a-ah

Just a man
With a man's courage
But he can never fail
Oh oh - oh oh
Tim

ROFL. Classic! I love that movie and soundtrack.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-11-2012, 10:16 AM

Not really, it's kind of a joke, and leads to a bunch of dipshits running around acting like he's worth a shit. The casual fans love this clown.

BoneKrusher
01-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Not really, it's kind of a joke, and leads to a bunch of dipshits running around acting like he's worth a shit. The casual fans love this clown.

true, it could work both ways.

PunkinDrublic
01-11-2012, 11:33 AM
If you want to be the man in motion Tim might I suggest you walk into an AIDS tree.

teedubya
01-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Like, Gag me with a spoon.

munkey
01-12-2012, 07:45 AM

What I find disturbing is that this isn't viewed as a parody or joke...and that some people may find it inspiring...

Mile High Mania
01-12-2012, 07:59 AM
What I find disturbing is that this isn't viewed as a parody or joke...and that some people may find it inspiring...

I am a big fan of the 80s movies like St Elmos... while I didn't care much for the original song, it was perfect for the film and every time I hear it... it brings up good memories. But now, I think he's killed that for me.

Deberg_1990
01-12-2012, 08:33 AM
I am a big fan of the 80s movies like St Elmos... while I didn't care much for the original song, it was perfect for the film and every time I hear it... it brings up good memories. But now, I think he's killed that for me.

I guess i never realized dude wrote it because of the Canadian wheelchair guy and not the movie. Its like he just tacked on the St Elmos Fire line to tie into the movie.

Dartgod
01-12-2012, 08:34 AM
ROFL. Classic! I love that movie and soundtrack.

Drawing a blank here. What movie is that from?

Deberg_1990
01-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Drawing a blank here. What movie is that from?

Flash Gordon by Queen

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gNIVpMXHqlk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jspchief
01-12-2012, 08:46 AM
.<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LeHEcxSRIig" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

RNR
01-12-2012, 08:50 AM
LMAO that is outstanding! The players in the 1985 Bears Super Bowl shuffle video are so jealous~