PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports SI: Did This Man Really Cut Michael Jordan?

chuxtrux
01-11-2012, 01:41 PM
This is probably one of the better stories that SI has had in the last couple of years. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1193740/1/index.htm

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Long, but a great read.

-King-
01-11-2012, 02:11 PM
The first paragraph was boring enough to read and then I looked down and saw that it's a 12 page article?...Cliff notes please.

Brock
01-11-2012, 02:17 PM
And Jordan's still butthurt over it....Something that happened in high school.

munkey
01-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Long, but a great read.

That's a book baby....

WhiteWhale
01-11-2012, 02:54 PM
The first paragraph was boring enough to read and then I looked down and saw that it's a 12 page article?...Cliff notes please.

The cliff-notes:

Jordan was not cut from his high school team. He was simply put on JV so he could play and improve, because the coach felt he would be buried behind 10 seniors on the varsity squad.

His high school coach did everything to aid Jordan in his pursuit of greatness, and Jordan rewarded him by perpetuating the great myth that "he was the dumbass who cut Michael Jordan".

Also, he is a mentally unstable hobo now.

Gratitude... Jordan Style.

Discuss Thrower
01-11-2012, 02:58 PM
I wish I could write like that guy, fucking amazing.

Royal Fanatic
01-11-2012, 03:06 PM
I always thought Michael Jordan was the greatest basketball player of all time when he was playing. But when he was inducted into the Hall of Fame and chose to use that venue to bitch about everybody who ever pissed him off, I stopped being a Michael Jordan fan.

He should have been happy and upbeat and, yes, grateful for being blessed with such a talent and for being made famous and wealthy beyond his wildest dreams. Instead he came off as a butthurt bitch with a gallon of sand in his vagina.

And a sophomore who plays on the JV team wasn't cut from his high school basketball team. That makes Michael Jordan a liar too.

COchief
01-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Such a shame that Jordan is so unlikable. What a life this dickhead has had all for being able to play a kids game. That he still feels so slighted and acts like a gigantic douchebag is unbelievable. How can he still be angry after all this time and how many 100s of millions of dollars?

I bet you'll see him unravel later in life, but I bet the NBA will do it's best to keep it hidden.

Hootie
01-11-2012, 03:22 PM
well, dumbasses, clearly we'll never see another Michael Jordan...and this is the reason. He was so competitive and had to fuel that fire some way...and it turned him into the absolute most amazing closer of all time. When the game was on the line and MJ was on the other team you know you didn't have a chance...you can't say that about another athlete and you'll never be able to say it again.

Dude was one of a kind.

Valiant
01-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Yeah from my impression, jordan is a prick. The guy did him a favor.

WhiteWhale
01-11-2012, 03:36 PM
well, dumbasses, clearly we'll never see another Michael Jordan...and this is the reason. He was so competitive and had to fuel that fire some way...and it turned him into the absolute most amazing closer of all time. When the game was on the line and MJ was on the other team you know you didn't have a chance...you can't say that about another athlete and you'll never be able to say it again.

Dude was one of a kind.
Of course they didn't have a chance.

Jordan rules baby.

7 steps to the basket? Not a problem if you wear 23.

Dude was the greatest of his generation, but the myth exceeds reality.

BWillie
01-11-2012, 03:37 PM
How was he cut? He was a sophomore playing JV instead of Varsity. That's not getting cut. At my school, we had two freshman teams, a sophomore team, JV, and then Varsity. If you were a sophomore playing Varsity you were straight up a baller, and as the article states Jordan was a late bloomer.

Hootie
01-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Of course they didn't have a chance.

Jordan rules baby.

7 steps to the basket? Not a problem if you wear 23.

Dude was the greatest of his generation, but the myth exceeds reality.

you're an idiot

BWillie
01-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Such a shame that Jordan is so unlikable. What a life this dickhead has had all for being able to play a kids game. That he still feels so slighted and acts like a gigantic douchebag is unbelievable. How can he still be angry after all this time and how many 100s of millions of dollars?

I bet you'll see him unravel later in life, but I bet the NBA will do it's best to keep it hidden.

Other than his HOF speech, he really isn't that bad, at least publicly.

ct
01-11-2012, 04:27 PM

Dude was one of a kind.

Please...

Timmy Tebow scoffs at this proposperedness.

Kneel before Zod

Pasta Little Brioni
01-11-2012, 04:30 PM
I always thought Michael Jordan was the greatest basketball player of all time when he was playing. But when he was inducted into the Hall of Fame and chose to use that venue to bitch about everybody who ever pissed him off, I stopped being a Michael Jordan fan.

He should have been happy and upbeat and, yes, grateful for being blessed with such a talent and for being made famous and wealthy beyond his wildest dreams. Instead he came off as a butthurt bitch with a gallon of sand in his vagina.

And a sophomore who plays on the JV team wasn't cut from his high school basketball team. That makes Michael Jordan a liar too.

I've never been a fan ot that douche. Always rooted against the thug Bulls. Didn't work out very well, but no way I would root for those scum bags.

COchief
01-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Other than his HOF speech, he really isn't that bad, at least publicly.

Degenerate gambler, shit teammate, punched Steve Kerr in the face at practice, massive man whore (married), should I go on?

Ever hear about him doing charity work?

Phobia
01-11-2012, 06:13 PM
you're an idiot

And you're pushing your luck, Short Leash. Heel!

CoMoChief
01-11-2012, 07:08 PM
The cliff-notes:

Jordan was not cut from his high school team. He was simply put on JV so he could play and improve, because the coach felt he would be buried behind 10 seniors on the varsity squad.

His high school coach did everything to aid Jordan in his pursuit of greatness, and Jordan rewarded him by perpetuating the great myth that "he was the dumbass who cut Michael Jordan".

Also, he is a mentally unstable hobo now.

Gratitude... Jordan Style.

Pretty much this....

CHENZ A!
01-11-2012, 07:41 PM

Dude was one of a kind.

Gonna have to agree here.

BigCatDaddy
01-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Degenerate gambler, shit teammate, punched Steve Kerr in the face at practice, massive man whore (married), should I go on?

Ever hear about him doing charity work?

"Michael Jordan Charity" returned 25,200,000 hits.

Sounds like a real douche. http://praisehouston.com/inspirational/elev8health/michael-jordan-proves-not-all-stars-waste-fame/