PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If Cassel is starting Week 1..............

notorious
01-11-2012, 04:36 PM
If Cassel is the starting QB for the KC Chiefs week 1 of the 2012 season.............

Poll to follow.

ChiTown
01-11-2012, 04:40 PM
If Cassel is the starting QB for the KC Chiefs week 1 of the 2012 season.............

Poll to follow.

You left off "FAP to durtyrute's wife"

01-11-2012, 04:41 PM
I'll watch but I won't put any money into the franchise at all.

durtyrute
01-11-2012, 04:42 PM

LMAO

L.A. Chieffan
01-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Look forward to competitive season.

Gonzo
Is there an option between "I'm out" and "I'll support with no hope?"

That's where I'll be, probably.
I'll watch them if I have time but I won't really support them. I'll also pretty much not invest anything into them anymore.

BoneKrusher
i'll be out till Pioli and Cassel leave, that wont be too long.

durtyrute
People can say they will leave if he does, but they won't, they might not go to the games, but they will still watch.

notorious
01-11-2012, 04:46 PM

We have no choice. We are Men.

notorious
01-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Is there an option between "I'm out" and "I'll support with no hope?"

That's where I'll be, probably.
I'll watch them if I have time but I won't really support them. I'll also pretty much not invest anything into them anymore.

My poll sucks.

HemiEd
Frazod and I are going to milkman's house to watch the season opener.

Baby Lee
People can say they will leave if he does, but they won't, they might not go to the games, but they will still watch.

I'll probably watch, like a hipster douchebag watches The Jersey Shore, snickering, throwing popcorn and rolling my eyes.

The Franchise
01-11-2012, 04:49 PM
I will spend my Sundays watching the games that have my FF players in them.

notorious
01-11-2012, 04:51 PM
I just don't understand how anyone can think Cassel is an NFL QB. I was on edge all season teetering towards "Fuck this Franchise", but cooled off when Haley got canned.

All of this recent talk about Cassel starting next year has me supremely pissed off again.

COchief
01-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Spooning with Gaz seems like the best option available, at least he'd have tequila and smell good from his bubble bath.

L.A. Chieffan
01-11-2012, 04:57 PM
I prefer real fan to trufan

01-11-2012, 04:59 PM

Well yeah. Thats kind of obvious.

milkman
I will continue to do what I have done since Marty was hired back in '89.

I'll watch and bitch.

kcxiv
ughh, sounds like Cassel will start in 2012. I sure in the fuck hope not. It will be such a fucking buzz kill. Like walking in on your parents having sex. Just no.

01-11-2012, 05:00 PM
I prefer real fan to trufan

I think you mean homer. :thumb:

DeezNutz
01-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Fuck Pioli, fuck Clark, fuck my life for not being able to turn away.

FringeNC
01-11-2012, 05:02 PM
I may not renew NFL Sunday Ticket.

ChiefGator
01-11-2012, 05:03 PM
I don't think I could take it. Just watching Orton go through his progressions after one month on the job and look better than Cassel... ugh... I can't do it.

notorious
01-11-2012, 05:04 PM
**** Pioli, **** Clark, **** my life for not being able to turn away.

LMAO

Go ahead and add,"Fuck You, Dad, for not being a Steelers or New England fan!"

L.A. Chieffan
01-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Honestly everyone should be excited. This gives us our best chance of winning

Three7s
01-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Honestly everyone should be excited. This gives us our best chance of winning
You are the best troll on this site.

01-11-2012, 05:09 PM

Isn't he though. cracks me up

notorious
01-11-2012, 05:10 PM

No, the best trolls lure you in. LA just shits in your face.

Baby Lee
01-11-2012, 05:11 PM
ughh, sounds like Cassel will start in 2012. I sure in the fuck hope not. It will be such a fucking buzz kill. Like walking in on your parents both having gay sex with your best friends parents. Just no.

FYP

RealSNR
01-11-2012, 05:14 PM
I haven't quit by now. I don't see how I'd be able to quit this year.

I've been in this "Don't give a shit" mode as a fan for quite some time. I turned it off for the playoff game last year and that clearly was a poor decision. This mode makes me feel safe and protects me from the abusive and retarded franchise I love so much.

I think I'd be able to survive another year of Cassel if I vented my frustrations on Chiefs Planet by wishing death upon the families of true fans.

Chieftain58
01-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Cassel has proven he can't do it! His reads take to long, not very mobile and has hit a plateau(he's not getting any better!)Orton comes in and looks like a franchise QB! That should tell you something. The thing I see about Pioli now is he's nervous and his job is on the line, He'll go down with the ship if he sticks with Cassel.... I'm sure he's acting like everything is hunky dory so he doesn't show his hand in the draft and then maybe he unloads him or sticks with him.. while they develop a young QB.. Either way this is a failed experiment and it needs to go bye bye....... keep him as a backup and make him take a paycut.. I'm all for that..

Baby Lee
01-11-2012, 05:18 PM

I've been in this "Don't give a shit" mode as a fan for quite some time. I turned it off for the playoff game last year and that clearly was a poor decision. This mode makes me feel safe and protects me from the abusive and retarded franchise I love so much.

I think I'd be able to survive another year of Cassel if I vented my frustrations on Chiefs Planet by wishing death upon the families of true fans.

I honestly got more entertainment out of the middle 1/3 of the season in a perverse 'no shit? really?' sense than slogging through the Huard years.

I laughed for 1/2 an hour solid when they put Orton in on that abortion of a flea-flicker. I still chuckle at the onside kick that dare not speak its name.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xHKxTwEqBFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze
01-11-2012, 05:18 PM
i'll be out till Pioli and Cassel leave, that wont be too long.

That

Extra Point
01-11-2012, 05:20 PM

That is the conundrum. You admitted you're a true fan.

keg in kc
01-11-2012, 05:21 PM
The only way I "support" the chiefs is by watching games on TV and posting here.

So, yeah, won't change much for me.

lcarus
01-11-2012, 05:22 PM
I will adamantly state #3, then I'll pussy out and go with #2. A normal year of being a Chiefs fan for me.

01-11-2012, 05:23 PM
If you are able to quit being a fan of the Chiefs then you were never really a fan in the first place. I'm a Chiefs fan for life. Doesn't mean I support all of their decisions.

Baby Lee
01-11-2012, 05:28 PM
If you are able to quit being a fan of the Chiefs then you were never really a fan in the first place. I'm a Chiefs fan for life. Doesn't mean I support all of their decisions.

I don't understand this line of reasoning. By analogy, if you really loved Mel Gibson's movies before he started slurring Jooz and beating girlfriends, you'd still be supporting him today regardless of your reaction to said developments.

With Cassel at the helm, I feel sorry for his teammates, and root for the organization to pull its head out of its ass. But I don't give a flying fuck if they win or lose, or what the rest of the NFL fanbase thinks of them.

RealSNR
01-11-2012, 05:29 PM
That is the conundrum. You admitted you're a true fan.Here's the thing. I was in Suck for Luck mode until the Chiefs got back to 4-3 this season. Until the very bitter end.

Wishing losses upon the team for the overall betterment and well-being is clearly investing emotional energy and time. When we say "quit" do we mean not caring? Do we mean COMPLETELY divorcing oneself from all things KC Chiefs?

How about this, if the Chiefs start Cassel this year, the most enthusiasm I'll be able to work up is a "Meh." Otherwise I'll be actively watching games rooting for Cassel to get injured.

01-11-2012, 05:30 PM
I don't understand this line of reasoning. By analogy, if you really loved Mel Gibson's movies before he started slurring Jooz and beating girlfriends, you'd still be supporting him today regardless of your reaction to said developments.

With Cassel at the helm, I feel sorry for his teammates, and root for the organization to pull its head out of its ass. But I don't give a flying **** if they win or lose, or what the rest of the NFL fanbase thinks of them.

How do you not see it? I'll use your mel gibson analogy. I happen to think he is a great actor and I enjoy watching him. I'm a fan. However, I don't support his ideological stances. Doesn't mean I'll stop enjoying him as an actor.

lcarus
01-11-2012, 05:33 PM
How do you not see it? I'll use your mel gibson analogy. I happen to think he is a great actor and I enjoy watching him. I'm a fan. However, I don't support his ideological stances. Doesn't mean I'll stop enjoying him as an actor.

To use your Mel Gibson analogy (even though I don't care about Mel Gibson) I'm going to point out how a lot of Chiefs fans would react to him.

"Damn that Mel Gibson. I"m SO sick of his crap. I'm this close to never watching his movies again!"

7 days later...

"HOLY COW! THE NEW MEL GIBSON MOVIE IS ON! MAKE SOME DIP AND SIT DOWN!"

Rinse. Repeat. For years.

Extra Point
01-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Here's the thing. I was in Suck for Luck mode until the Chiefs got back to 4-3 this season. Until the very bitter end.

Wishing losses upon the team for the overall betterment and well-being is clearly investing emotional energy and time. When we say "quit" do we mean not caring? Do we mean COMPLETELY divorcing oneself from all things KC Chiefs?

How about this, if the Chiefs start Cassel this year, the most enthusiasm I'll be able to work up is a "Meh." Otherwise I'll be actively watching games rooting for Cassel to get injured.

Break a leg, man. Cassel is teflon, with an Achilles hand.

notorious
01-11-2012, 05:38 PM
I can't respect a franchise that believes a pile of shit can lead this team to the SB.

I actually started to think about what team I could actually support if the Chiefs kept starting Cassel around mid-season.

I nearly vomitted.

01-11-2012, 05:40 PM
To use your Mel Gibson analogy (even though I don't care about Mel Gibson) I'm going to point out how a lot of Chiefs fans would react to him.

"Damn that Mel Gibson. I"m SO sick of his crap. I'm this close to never watching his movies again!"

7 days later...

"HOLY COW! THE NEW MEL GIBSON MOVIE IS ON! MAKE SOME DIP AND SIT DOWN!"

Rinse. Repeat. For years.Yes, there are many on CP that say just that. The thing is, they can't quit the Chiefs. they are fans for life whether they think they are or not. I don't think a single person on this forum could or would ever quit being a fan of this team. They might say it but they won't do it.

whoman69
01-11-2012, 05:43 PM
You are the worst troll on this site.

FYP

Chiefnj2
01-11-2012, 05:44 PM
You'll know well before week 1 what is going to happen.

whoman69
01-11-2012, 05:46 PM

With Cassel at the helm, I feel sorry for his teammates, and root for the organization to pull its head out of its ass. But I don't give a flying **** if they win or lose, or what the rest of the NFL fanbase thinks of them.

Poor analogy. The Cassel decision, while stupid, is not morally repugnant.

notorious
01-11-2012, 05:47 PM
You'll know well before week 1 what is going to happen.

The first sign: CP server vaporizes.

Deberg_1990
01-11-2012, 05:48 PM
If hes the starter week 1, ill still be a fan, but wont invest any money into the team, or follow them much.

Starting Cassel is ultimately a dead end. Im not willing to invest much time into a dead end affair.

DaWolf
01-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Well I sure as hell won't be rooting for them to lose...

01-11-2012, 05:50 PM
If hes the starter week 1, ill still be a fan, but wont invest any money into the team, or follow them much.

Starting Cassel is ultimately a dead end. Im not willing to invest much time into a dead end affair.

I'll still watch. It's like driving past a bad accident on the road. You just have to see how bad it was.

Bugeater
01-11-2012, 05:51 PM
#2, but without the "support". No way in hell will I spend the time and money on seeing that POS play in person again.

notorious
01-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Damnit, is there any way to edit a poll?

I want to take out "support" from the second option.

DTHOF
01-11-2012, 05:54 PM
I am a big Sirius NFL Radio listener and every time someone calls in bitching about Cassell the host, no matter who it is, craps on the person for saying so. What is it that people who don't have to endure Cassell every week sees that we don't?

The biggest problem with him that I see is no pocket presence. Instead of sidestepping the rush he goes to the fetal position.

Baby Lee
01-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Poor analogy. The Cassel decision, while stupid, is not morally repugnant.

Moral repugnance is not the only version of repugnance in the world.

Truth is, I'd love nothing more than for a light to turn on with Cassel. His work ethic and self-assurance are admirable traits.

And nothing would vindicate my football opinions, established here through over a decade of discourse, more than having the D and running game lead us to the SB while Cassel 'manages the game.' But even a game manager cannot be a liability. And Cassel is a liability. His downfield game doesn't push the secondary back off the line. His dump-offs in the flat leave me breathless expecting receivers adjusting to his wayward throw to literally disintegrate when teed off on by waiting LBs. He's so simple to defend that Emmit Smith behind the 2003 Chiefs O-Line would look like 2009 Larry Johnson.

His level of play and the FOs apparent [for now] blindness to it, are repugnant to how I like to see football played.

whoman69
01-11-2012, 05:56 PM

...Pioli should be fired.

rico
01-11-2012, 05:56 PM
I will watch while simultaneously mocking the front office. When the games are over I will be lurking on these boards reading primarily "Stanzi" threads.

whoman69
01-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Moral repugnance is not the only version of repugnance in the world.

Truth is, I'd love nothing more than for a light to turn on with Cassel. His work ethic and self-assurance are admirable traits.

And nothing would vindicate my football opinions, established here through over a decade of discourse, more than having the D and running game lead us to the SB while Cassel 'manages the game.' But even a game manager cannot be a liability. And Cassel is a liability. His downfield game doesn't push the secondary back off the line. His dump-offs in the flat leave me breathless expecting receivers adjusting to his wayward throw to literally disintegrate when teed off on by waiting LBs. He's so simple to defend that Emmit Smith behind the 2003 Chiefs O-Line would look like 2009 Larry Johnson.

His level of play and the FOs apparent [for now] blindness to it, are repugnant to how I like to see football played.

True, but that still leaves him behind Mel Gibson. Rascism and battery still trump bad football decisions. I'm not here to bury Matt Cassel, but I wish I could.

notorious
01-11-2012, 06:05 PM
I am a big Sirius NFL Radio listener and every time someone calls in bitching about Cassell the host, no matter who it is, craps on the person for saying so. What is it that people who don't have to endure Cassell every week sees that we don't?

The biggest problem with him that I see is no pocket presence. Instead of sidestepping the rush he goes to the fetal position.

Colin Cowherd is the only radio guy I listen to that gets it.

Baby Lee
01-11-2012, 06:07 PM
True, but that still leaves him behind Mel Gibson. Rascism and battery still trump bad football decisions. I'm not here to bury Matt Cassel, but I wish I could.

One profitable use of analogy is to make the comparison more defined and stark by comparing the operant scenario to another that contains a more emotion or clear-cut choice. This removes or tempers the ambiguity or sanguinity of the operant scenario.

ie "I could never envision withdrawing support for a team over its present trajectory"

"No? Could you envision withdrawing support for an actor if he turns out to be a repugnant human being"

"Well, yeah"

"Well, picture that, only replace that level of disappointment in the actor with disappointment in the team."

Bearcat
01-11-2012, 06:29 PM

I was a big fan of ESPN at one time and watched Sportscenter, PTI, etc; all the time... they slowly became the TMZ of sports. At first, I just complained about it, but still watched out of habit and some kind of weird loyalty, but then I actually stopped watching.

It's the same thing with the Chiefs... I won't ever completely stop being a fan, but there is a breaking point. Just like I'm not going to watch Kornheiser or Bayless, I'm not going to waste my time (or money) watching some crap game like the Chiefs and Vikings... and just like how I'll still tune into the live events on ESPN, I'll still tune into the big Chiefs games. That weird loyalty will always be there, but it's slowly diminished from 10+ years ago when I had to watch every game and would jump at the chance to spend $100+ for a day at Arrowhead.

OnTheWarpath15
01-11-2012, 06:31 PM

Some might. I won't.

Hell, I didn't watch the last two games this year.

Felt fucking good too.

DTHOF
01-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Here is some food for thought. Everyone remember the Grbac/Gannon debacle. Is the Cassell/ Orton thing a modern day deja vu?

Man I hope we keep Orton and draft a quality QB with the 1st.

seclark
01-11-2012, 06:41 PM
i voted spoon w/gaz, but i tell you what...i'm sure going to be here, reading this stuff and laughing my ass off.
i love you.
sec

Monty
01-11-2012, 06:48 PM
i voted spoon w/gaz, but i tell you what...i'm sure going to be here, reading this stuff and laughing my ass off.
i love you.
sec

Ditto. I'm already planning on selling my tix for 2012 unless there's one game that I just can't miss, and looking forward to 2013. Need to decide on the future of the Command Center between now and then too.

Baby Lee
01-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Here is some food for thought. Everyone remember the Grbac/Gannon debacle. Is the Cassell/ Orton thing a modern day deja vu?

Man I hope we keep Orton and draft a quality QB with the 1st.

Who's better != Who's worse.

Chief Roundup
01-11-2012, 06:54 PM
I will watch and support this team. I will always have hope. If I didn't have hope then there would be no reason to be a fan.

beach tribe
01-11-2012, 06:55 PM

Yup. 9-7 is considered "competitive" by true fans.
So you will be more than pleased.

BigMeatballDave
01-11-2012, 06:56 PM
We can only hope that Stanzi lights it up this summer. He is our only hope.

Baby Lee
01-11-2012, 06:59 PM
I will watch and support this team. I will always have hope. If I didn't have hope then there would be no reason to be a fan.

So if I understand. If you're not ALWAYS and FOREVER a fan, you were never a fan in the first place. And if you don't have hope there is no reason to be a fan.

So what explains rational action when, at one point you see reason for hope, and at a different you see no reason for hope, except hope for personnel changes? What mandates fervent viewing game to game when one's only hope is personnel changes that are not going to happen? Watching hoping for injury? Pretty hollow and craven.

Caseyguyrr
01-11-2012, 08:58 PM
im a diehard for life but what the fuck do they see in this douche

Fire Me Boy!
01-11-2012, 09:01 PM
I vacillate between "begrudgingly watch with no hope for the future" and "fuck 'em all, I'm done till we have a new QB".

Reerun_KC
01-11-2012, 09:05 PM

Poll to follow.

Will bash crennel for being a foot shuffling Porter. Herman 2.0 ...

Simply Red
01-11-2012, 09:05 PM
I will go full Truefan. We have a great shot at winning the Superbowl

Molitoth
01-11-2012, 09:06 PM
I'll watch the first few games and if Cassel hasn't drastically improved, then I just won't care.

notorious
01-11-2012, 09:06 PM
I will go full Truefan. We have a great shot at winning the Superbowl

L.A. is contagious.

GloryDayz
01-11-2012, 09:10 PM

Finished... :thumb:

Smed1065
01-11-2012, 09:11 PM

This is better than Knowmo. Nice.

el borracho
01-11-2012, 09:35 PM
http://www.wavlist.com/movies/023/liar-tailpipe.wav

hometeam
01-11-2012, 09:36 PM
I picked #2, but as I said in another thread, I will withdraw any economic support. Yes, a tiny drop in a bucket the size of the universe, but it will save me a grand, and makes me feel a little better.

TimeForWasp
01-11-2012, 10:11 PM
I will go truefan, and hope for the best with all our player back but will be hoping Stanzi takes over or whoever we bring in. Maybe Weeden in the 5th or 6th round. Still hope Pioli makes a bigger move than that though.

Ming the Merciless
01-11-2012, 10:12 PM
spoon with gaz because all the other options make you a huge pussy ass window licker

MOhillbilly
01-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Haha sec. You would spoon with gas.

Ming the Merciless
01-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Only the 8 people or so as of now who who voted gaz have a penis

the other 100 who took any of the other options deserve their shitty life

Rasputin
01-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Told my friend who gets season tickets that I won't go back to Arrowhead until a draft pick QB is the starter. So am hoping for the best that if Cassel does indeed start the season that it's not for long due to, well can't say too morbid for imagination.

Reerun_KC
01-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Only the 8 people or so as of now who who voted gaz have a penis

the other 100 who took any of the other options deserve their shitty life

Shut up.

BillSelfsTrophycase
01-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Where's the "I'll stab a bitch" option?

Ming the Merciless
01-11-2012, 10:18 PM
one more thing

all you idiots who voted for 'fuck this franchise, I am out' ( the most pussy ass window licker of all the categories)

I really hope you are serious....I hope you fucking leave and never come back. ALl those on that list if it happens that Mark Castle is our QB and you're NOT out, I will singlehandedly bring this list back up and throw it in your face every chance I get. So help me god it will be a scarlet letter. You better hope like fuck we trade up or keep orton...or whatever other bullshit scenario comes true in your reality to make castle not the starter....or You will be deemed LIARS, SINNERS and DEFILERS OF THE TEBOW CODE.

Good day

Ming the Merciless
01-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Shut up.

No thanks you scrot-less pussy. I will keep laughing at you and all the other window lickers while you wallow in your misery with no hope all sad like a little emo bitch when the FUCKING DRAFT HASNT EVEN HAPPENED YET. I am going to laugh so hard at you you HOPELESS sad little fuck wit.

Ming the Merciless
01-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Its no shocker that when you read the list of the 'fuck the chiefs , I am out' option, it reads like the who's who or top 10 douche bags of chiefs planet. I truly hope all of these 'people' show some class, man up, stick to their word and JUST FUCKING LEAVE after week 1 next season, if Castle starts. Period.

BossChief
01-11-2012, 10:38 PM
If Cassel is the game one starter, my expectations for the position will be at an all time low.

I'll anxiously await the moment he gets pulled.

Makes ya wonder what Orton thinks of these comments and how much they effect his decision on where to sign.

milkman
01-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Its no shocker that when you read the list of the '**** the chiefs , I am out' option, it reads like the who's who or top 10 douche bags of chiefs planet. I truly hope all of these 'people' show some class, man up, stick to their word and JUST ****ING LEAVE after week 1 next season, if Castle starts. Period.

Does Matt's wife know about you?

notorious
01-11-2012, 10:59 PM
If Cassel is the game one starter, my expectations for the position will be at an all time low.

Makes ya wonder what Orton thinks of these comments and how much they effect his decision on where to sign.

My expectations are already 0.

I know this team won't win a championship with Pawnmowers truelove at QB. With Orton at least my naturally embedded Truefandom can pop a semi-erection until it deflates in round one of the playoffs.

DeezNutz
01-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Does Matt's wife know about you?

Cassel just lies and says that he faps when she's out.

Smed1065
01-11-2012, 11:21 PM
25% is about right.

5% die
10% get pissed off enough
5% lie and buy still

AmIRite/

Smed1065
01-11-2012, 11:22 PM

Means= if and ever that 7th rounder starts you will flap at home and on CP.

Smed1065
01-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Means= if and ever that 7th rounder starts you will flap at home and on CP.

While wanting other guys to fap.... We lose. LOL Unless we all want to FAP. :evil:

notorious
03-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Hello, is this thing on?

Extra Point
03-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Spooning with Gaz seems like the best option available, at least he'd have tequila and smell good from his bubble bath.

Besides, I can imagine a future in it.

whoman69
03-19-2012, 10:16 PM
If?!

ROFL:LOL::):rolleyes::banghead:STFU

beach tribe
03-19-2012, 10:31 PM
I know I'm gonna get flamed for some of this. To be clear, this is what I feared would happen.

I argued that we should have gotten Orton because I believe that the KC brass would have more easily moved forward in finding another QB if Orton had a good season than if Cassel had a good season......and Cassel is about to have a damn good season.
Cassel's Biggest problem has ALWAYS been his fear of the pass rush, his awareness in the pocket, and checking down because of the combination of the two.
We just replaced the WORST RT in the league with the BEST RT in the league. If you think that's not a can of spinach to Cassel's psyche, think again. He's got better weapons, a better line, and if Charles is close to 100%, and **** if Hillis returns to form, a better overall running game than in 2010 when he threw for 27-7 and won 10 games.
This is the worst thing that could have happened, because he's probably going to throw for 30 and 10 and closer to the 3600 yards he threw for in
NE. We're gonna be stuck with his ass. This goes out to you hitsmaqe who said that Orton would have kept us from getting another QB. NOPE. Castle is going to keep us from getting another QB. So everyone better PRAY that his new found confidence takes him to the next level cause I'm willing to bet the farm that Cassel (at his current level of play)will top his 2010 #s and win at least 10 games with this group of players if they stay healthy..

beach tribe
03-19-2012, 10:43 PM
And for the 20 of you who say you won't be watching... I call BS.

When we're 5-2...you'll be watching.

lcarus
03-19-2012, 10:48 PM
I know I'm gonna get flamed for some of this. To be clear, this is what I feared would happen.

I argued that we should have gotten Orton because I believe that the KC brass would have more easily moved forward in finding another QB if Orton had a good season than if Cassel had a good season......and Cassel is about to have a damn good season.
Cassel's Biggest problem has ALWAYS been his fear of the pass rush, his awareness in the pocket, and checking down because of the combination of the two.
We just replaced the WORST RT in the league with the BEST RT in the league. If you think that's not a can of spinach to Cassel's psyche, think again. He's got better weapons, a better line, and if Charles is close to 100%, and **** if Hillis returns to form, a better overall running game than in 2010 when he threw for 27-7 and won 10 games.
This is the worst thing that could have happened, because he's probably going to throw for 30 and 10 and closer to the 3600 yards he threw for in
NE. We're gonna be stuck with his ass. This goes out to you hitsmaqe who said that Orton would have kept us from getting another QB. NOPE. Castle is going to keep us from getting another QB. So everyone better PRAY that his new found confidence takes him to the next level cause I'm willing to bet the farm that Cassel (at his current level of play)will top his 2010 #s and win at least 10 games with this group of players if they stay healthy..

and I actually won't give a shit as long as we somehow find a way to win in the playoffs. People say Cassel will hold us back from drafting our QBOTF or whatever, but in reality, something has been holding us back from that for long long before Cassel got here.

boogblaster
03-19-2012, 10:54 PM
just win baby .. just win .....

NJChiefsFan
03-19-2012, 10:56 PM

Agreed. To me its the worst feeling as a fan. To know that the success of your team might actually be a longterm nail in the coffin.

lcarus
03-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Agreed. To me its the worst feeling as a fan. To know that the success of your team might actually be a longterm nail in the coffin.

Long term nail in the coffin? He'll be 30 by the time the season starts. Even if he has moderate success this season, he won't be around that much longer. Plus, how long has it been since we drafted an elite QB prospect? Long before Cassel lol.

beach tribe
03-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Long term nail in the coffin? He'll be 30 by the time the season starts. Even if he has moderate success this season, he won't be around that much longer. Plus, how long has it been since we drafted an elite QB prospect? Long before Cassel lol.

Different Regime though. And if Cassel throws for 3600 30tds and 10ints and wins a PO game he better keep getting better.....good enough to win a SB, cause he could be here till he's 38.

NJChiefsFan
03-19-2012, 11:22 PM

That is true. We can't overlook KC going to another terrible decision after Cassel instead of drafting one. I do feel this franchise is on the verge of actually trying to do so. Clark has mentioned it atleast. I think if Cassel was gone and we had an actual QB to draft at 11 we would do so. A lot of 'ifs' and no reality in that though.

The nail in the coffin was probably the wrong phrase. I just mean that if we went Cassel this year and we make playoffs and they stick with him, you are looking at us not giving a new QB a chance until 2014. Add atleast a yr or two for the rookie to get going and you are looking at 2015 or 2016 for a legit QB season. Our roster isn't going to be young forever, and at some point the turnover of old vs. young with back ends of contracts is going to make things tricky.

Ming the Merciless
03-19-2012, 11:22 PM
If cassel is starting week 1:

A bunch of faggots will over react to every single play until the game is won, at which time they will suddenly disappear only to return when times get rough.

Bump
03-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Matt Cassel is an average backup at best and that's exactly what Clark Hunt wants, it's just enough to get us to buy shit.

NJChiefsFan
03-19-2012, 11:37 PM
The thing that makes it so frustrating for me is how good the rest of the roster is. We are basically going into the draft looking for depth and value. Obviously we need a G and NT, but imagine how pumped we would be about this situation if we had a possible, not even definite, just possible solution at QB.

I would dislike Cassel a lot less if he was leading a bad roster out there. The fact that we are likely to watch him lead a great roster makes it seem like such a waste.

Bump
03-19-2012, 11:41 PM
The thing that makes it so frustrating for me is how good the rest of the roster is. We are basically going into the draft looking for depth and value. Obviously we need a G and NT, but imagine how pumped we would be about this situation if we had a possible, not even definite, just possible solution at QB.

I would dislike Cassel a lot less if he was leading a bad roster out there. The fact that we are likely to watch him lead a great roster makes it seem like such a waste.

yup, Herm did a good job of rebuilding the talent on this team from youth. Too bad he can't coach worth as shit, because the man can sure as hell assess talent.

beach tribe
03-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Matt Cassel is an average backup at best and that's exactly what Clark Hunt wants, it's just enough to get us to buy shit.
I'm sure Clark wouldn't want a franchise QB if one were attainable.:rolleyes:

beach tribe
03-19-2012, 11:52 PM
That is true. We can't overlook KC going to another terrible decision after Cassel instead of drafting one. I do feel this franchise is on the verge of actually trying to do so. Clark has mentioned it atleast. I think if Cassel was gone and we had an actual QB to draft at 11 we would do so. A lot of 'ifs' and no reality in that though.

The nail in the coffin was probably the wrong phrase. I just mean that if we went Cassel this year and we make playoffs and they stick with him, you are looking at us not giving a new QB a chance until 2014. Add atleast a yr or two for the rookie to get going and you are looking at 2015 or 2016 for a legit QB season. Our roster isn't going to be young forever, and at some point the turnover of old vs. young with back ends of contracts is going to make things tricky.

I TRULY believe that the Chiefs are going to draft a 1st round QB in 2013 if Cassel plays like he did in 2011. Too bad I don't see how that is possible with this much talant.

Clark wants a franchise QB. He's hinted at it too many times to believe otherwise, and I believe he also would have gotten Manning if he would have been willing to come here.

lcarus
03-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Different Regime though. And if Cassel throws for 3600 30tds and 10ints and wins a PO game he better keep getting better.....good enough to win a SB, cause he could be here till he's 38.

Haha, he won't be here until he's 38 dude. I give him another year. Two years at absolute max.

beach tribe
03-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Haha, he won't be here until he's 38 dude.

I know:D

dannybcaitlyn
03-20-2012, 05:35 AM
I will not renew my Sunday ticket if cassel starts. In the mean time the f/o is waisting some prime years of talent that we already have on the team. Best way to beat manning is the same formula we used to beat A. Rodgers you keep him off the field by converting first downs and controlling the clock. At least ORTON was good between the 20's. With captain 3 and out, no matter how good our defense is they will be winded by the 4th quarter.

Chiefnj2
03-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Has there been a single article or update about Cassel's hand since his surgery?

Dayze
03-20-2012, 07:45 AM
And for the 20 of you who say you won't be watching... I call BS.

When we're 5-2...you'll be watching.

not this guy.
I'm litterally shifing my football focus to Saturdays/NCAA as long as Cassel is QB.

I'll still come here for updates and .gifs though. :D

Bump
03-20-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm sure Clark wouldn't want a franchise QB if one were attainable.:rolleyes:

obvi

Munson
03-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Has there been a single article or update about Cassel's hand since his surgery?

There's no need for updates. Pioli tenderly massages his Golden Boy's hand every day, slowly nursing him back to health.:D

vailpass
03-20-2012, 11:32 AM

It isn't tequila. It's tequila rose.:p

whoman69
03-20-2012, 12:38 PM
There's no need for updates. Pioli tenderly massages his Golden Boy's hand every day, slowly nursing him back to health.:D

using his golden nutsack