PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Seriously,if the Chiefs...

Pages : [1] 2

Nzoner
01-12-2012, 10:03 AM
somehow someway land Peyton Manning I will be done as a fan until his tenure is over.I can't really explain it except to say my dislike for him and his family runs very deep and there is no way I could ever cheer for or back him.

Anyone else have similar feelings or would you be all for seeing him in a KC uniform?

His regular season success, though, does not mean that the future Hall of Famer should be absolved from criticism for his team’s repeated failures in January.

He has racked up seven one-and-done postseason exits—the most of any quarterback in NFL history. Overall, he owns a 9-10 record in 11 playoff appearances, whereas Eli is an incredible 9-3 with two Super Bowl MVP awards. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/806255-indianapolis-colts-an-explanation-for-peyton-mannings-playoff-problems)

Iconic
01-12-2012, 10:04 AM
No.

Demonpenz
01-12-2012, 10:06 AM
No matter the hate, I think it would be too much fun watching him running the show.

-King-
01-12-2012, 10:08 AM
No. That just sounds retarded.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Iron Chief
01-12-2012, 10:08 AM
I also do not carry a banner for him but.. Peyton to Bowe TD KANNSSAS CITY!!! sure sounds fun.

That said I'm leaning against it.

Joe montana was long in the tooth not injured goods.

bevischief
01-12-2012, 10:09 AM
He done. First hit and he is out on a stretcher.

notorious
01-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Peyton or Cassel.........

That's an easy decision.

DaKCMan AP
01-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Don't share your feelings.

talastan
01-12-2012, 10:11 AM
If we landed Peyton I personally would feel apathetic about it. If he does well and win some playoff games, great. But my enthusiasm would be tempered by the fact that we still will have not drafted and developed a QB of our own. Until we learn to do this our team will not be able to be perennial contenders.

MTG#10
01-12-2012, 10:11 AM
somehow someway land Peyton Manning I will be done as a fan until his tenure is over.I can't really explain it except to say my dislike for him and his family runs very deep and there is no way I could ever cheer for or back him.

Anyone else have similar feelings or would you be all for seeing him in a KC uniform?

So if he took us to the superbowl you wouldnt watch, or would watch and root against the Chiefs? BS

MIAdragon
01-12-2012, 10:12 AM
I dont think the guy plays another snap, Im not too worried.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 10:13 AM
If Manning came here and won a Super Bowl and then retired, I'm all for it.

It's all about the trophy.

Because ultimately the need to draft and develop our own QB is about winning the Super Bowl, not about drafting and developing our own QB.

DaKCMan AP
01-12-2012, 10:13 AM
There have been many more despicable, low-life, criminal types who have played for the Chiefs. Refusing to cheer for them because of Peyton Manning would be, IMO, highly hypocritical and pathetic.

KC_Lee
01-12-2012, 10:16 AM
If we landed Peyton I personally would feel apathetic about it. If he does well and win some playoff games, great. But my enthusiasm would be tempered by the fact that we still will have not drafted and developed a QB of our own. Until we learn to do this our team will not be able to be perennial contenders.

Agreed. Putting aside the whole "Is Peyton done?" question this would just be history repeating itself over and over regarding this franchise and developing our own QB.

Rasputin
01-12-2012, 10:17 AM

Yes, this.

I absoluletly hate retread quarterbacks. I just love Chiefs football and hope we change the tune of how they go about aquiring and developing QBs. It may take another 10 years before they figure out that repeting the same thing isn't going get us a Super Bowl any sooner so why not pick one in the draft and go for it.

KCUnited
01-12-2012, 10:17 AM
TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY! The Gunslinging Giraffe draws first blood. /Holtus

suds79
01-12-2012, 10:19 AM
You're on your own there Nzoner.

We just want a championship. And IF Peyton Manning somehow still has say 2 years left of elite QB play in him, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Rasputin
01-12-2012, 10:20 AM
I dont think the guy plays another snap, Im not too worried.

I think he go to the Jets Jets Jetssssss & they can have him. "Snap" will be heard around the league. The sound of neck breaking.

The Franchise
01-12-2012, 10:21 AM
How is that you dislike him so much....but have no explanation for it?

Would you feel the same way if Eli Manning was our QB?

Rasputin
01-12-2012, 10:22 AM

We just want a championship. And IF Peyton Manning somehow still has say 2 years left of elite QB play in him, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

And when he fails to deliver us such championship, who will be the next retread over the hills QB we get?

lcarus
01-12-2012, 10:22 AM

I agree. If the only thing this franchise is willing to do is pick up old ass QBs rather than drafting their own, it might as well be a HOFer. However, Richardson might get him paralyzed...

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-12-2012, 10:24 AM
If Manning came here we're automatically in the AFC championship game at minimum. We have tooooo much talent in it's prime that's being wasted because our Quarterback sucks. I'm ALL in for him.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-12-2012, 10:26 AM
A healthy Manning would be awesome imo

MIAdragon
01-12-2012, 10:27 AM

He's a shitbag, wont own up to his mistakes instead throws his teammates under the buss whenever possible. I cant stand either Manning, feel free to lump his douche father in there too.

Dave Lane
01-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Well bye.

Seriously I dont love Manning but I'd take him over Cassel every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

The Franchise
01-12-2012, 10:29 AM
He's a shitbag, wont own up to his mistakes instead throws his teammates under the buss whenever possible.

That's our starting QB.

MIAdragon
01-12-2012, 10:30 AM
That's our starting QB.

yes I hate him as well.

keg in kc
01-12-2012, 10:34 AM
If he's healthy and able to play, how in the world could it possibly be a bad thing. He would instantly elevate the offense to a level higher than it's probably ever been, including the Saunders years. Even if that only lasts for two years, or for four, it's worth it. And it does not have to preclude developing his eventual replacement.

Not that there's any real possibility of it occurring, meaning either Manning or developing in-house.

bevischief
01-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Has a super bowl winning quarterback that left for another team ever win the super bowl on the 2nd team?

Agent V
01-12-2012, 10:38 AM
More worried about Cassel starting on opening day, but... um. Hm.

KC_Lee
01-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Has a super bowl winning quarterback that left for another team ever win the super bowl on the 2nd team?

Closest QB I can think of is Kurt Warner winning with the Rams and taking the Cards to a Super Bowl.

But in the "modern" era (aka since the Super Bowl has been played) I cannot think of one.

Nzoner
01-12-2012, 10:39 AM
So if he took us to the superbowl you wouldnt watch, or would watch and root against the Chiefs? BS

Call bullshit all you want the last focking thing I ever have to want to hear from any other teams fans is,"finally got your Superbowl win but it took Peyton Manning to get it."

NO THANKS.

Nzoner
01-12-2012, 10:40 AM

Absolutely

He's a shitbag, wont own up to his mistakes instead throws his teammates under the buss whenever possible. I cant stand either Manning, feel free to lump his douche father in there too.

:thumb:

Also add refusing to play for the team that drafted you,fine go flip burgers at Mickey D's then.

T-post Tom
01-12-2012, 10:41 AM

Because ultimately the need to draft and develop our own QB is about winning the Super Bowl, not about drafting and developing our own QB.

This.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Call bullshit all you want the last focking thing I ever have to want to hear from any other teams fans is,"finally got your Superbowl win but it took Peyton Manning to get it."

NO THANKS.

I respect your opinion dude but really? Isn't the idea to win the Super Bowl? We're so picky as fans after 40+ years that we now would rather just not win if the players aren't the ones we like? That's just silly imo.

MMXcalibur
01-12-2012, 10:42 AM

NO THANKS.

That's really what you're worried about? **** 'em, we'd have won a Super Bowl.
Don't give a shit if it's the entire Packers lineup in red uniforms and an arrowhead on the side of their helmets. The Kansas City Chiefs will have won a Super Bowl.

mesmith31
01-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Hmmm, let's see the guy single-handedly led them to 7 consecutive 12+ win seasons and 10 wins in 11 of 12 seasons. So, with that said if he is healthy and you could get 3 years out of the guy you are seriously saying pass??! Idiotic.

RustShack
01-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Thats how I felt if we were going to trade for Cassel. But damn it I'm still here.

Nzoner
01-12-2012, 10:46 AM
I respect your opinion dude but really? Isn't the idea to win the Super Bowl? We're so picky as fans after 40+ years that we now would rather just not win if the players aren't the ones we like? That's just silly imo.

Really and it may be stupid to think this but every time I get in a discussion with a bronco fan about their winning Superbowls I always add yeah but you didn't get shit until Smith and Traylor got there. :D

Yes,I know Davis was a huge reason but it feels so good being able to say the above.

ModSocks
01-12-2012, 10:49 AM

Ding.

ForeverChiefs58
01-12-2012, 10:50 AM

NO THANKS.

I would cheer for the Godess in your avatar playing QB for the Chiefs as she would probably be just as good as Cassel and far more fun to look at. Especially running from the blitz in instant replay slow motion.

BTW, if and when we do go to the SB, it will be because we finally got a QB who didn't like to go into the fetal position at the first sign of pressure.

Rain Man
01-12-2012, 10:50 AM
I actually like and respect Peyton. The guy became a great quarterback.

Eli is a whiner and Archie is a whiner, but Peyton showed up to the team that drafted him, and he made that team a perennial contender. Granted, I'm not a huge fan of the never-called illegal procedure penalties that he was allowed, but in the big picture he was/is a great football player and I'd take a swan song in KC while he trains the next generation.

Eli and Archie, rot in hell.

Fritz88
01-12-2012, 10:51 AM
I am all for P.M.

Even if he's 80% healthy.

BWillie
01-12-2012, 10:52 AM

O rly? If you can get a QB like Peyton, you don't need to develop a QB. You still draft a flier in the 3rd round or something and have him learn to be ready but Peyton Manning makes this team a Super Bowl contender, IMMEDIATELY.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 10:53 AM

NO THANKS.

WHAT?!?!?

If somebody said that to me, my response would be "We won the Super Bowl. Piss off."

Dave Lane
01-12-2012, 10:53 AM
I am all for P.M.

Even if he's 80% healthy.

Hell in a wheelchair hes > Cassel

Deberg_1990
01-12-2012, 10:54 AM

no. all i care about is winning a championship.

RustShack
I'd trade the whole draft for a few years and probably a few rings with Manning. ESPECIALLY if they fire the Colts HC and we hired him to be our OC.

suds79

NO THANKS.

Yes because other teams fans can really talk smack on a SB winner.

Your reply? Scoreboard. Look up at it.

And who gives an F what someone else thinks. It'd be a SB.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Yes, this.

I absoluletly hate retread quarterbacks. I just love Chiefs football and hope we change the tune of how they go about aquiring and developing QBs. It may take another 10 years before they figure out that repeting the same thing isn't going get us a Super Bowl any sooner so why not pick one in the draft and go for it.

The entire REASON we hate retread QBs is because we want to win a Super Bowl. We don't want to draft and develop our own QB just for the sake of drafting and developing our own QB.

Keep your eye on the prize!

ForeverChiefs58
01-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Yeah, but what if there was some weird football Frankenstein that was able to put Peyton's brain and arm on Cassel? Then would you cheer for him?

Hammock Parties
01-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Did I miss something? Was there a Manning to KC report?

BossChief
01-12-2012, 10:57 AM

NO THANKS.

With all due respect, fuck all of that.

As long as were not cheating, I don't care what it takes for our team to have a SuperBowl run.

Peyton? Sure, if healthy.

Tom Brady? Why not?

We havent won a playoff game for almost 20 years.

Phobia
01-12-2012, 10:57 AM

How often do you think a team lets a SuperBowl winning QB get away? Favre, Montana, Hostetler, Dilfer, Rypien, Johnson, McMahon and Warner? Any others come to mind? Heh. I guess 8 is a lot of Quarterbacks who went on to different teams, especially considering the last 30 years.

Nzoner
01-12-2012, 10:59 AM
O rly? If you can get a QB like Peyton, you don't need to develop a QB. You still draft a flier in the 3rd round or something and have him learn to be ready but Peyton Manning makes this team a Super Bowl contender, IMMEDIATELY.

Thank you for saying contender and I agree no doubt but some of these responses are treating Manning like he's a Bradshaw or Brady.He has 1 ring and played his career home games in a dome.I can't remember every play-off game but as I recall Manning was not all that when playing outside in the elements when ALL was on the line.

xbarretx
01-12-2012, 11:00 AM
No matter the hate, I think it would be too much fun watching him running the show.

+Rep

/end of thread

ModSocks
01-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Did I miss something? Was there a Manning to KC report?

Nothing new I'm aware of. You've seen the old rumors though right? Just people throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.

keg in kc
01-12-2012, 11:02 AM
The entire REASON we hate retread QBs is because we want to win a Super Bowl. We don't want to draft and develop our own QB just for the sake of drafting and developing our own QB.

Keep your eye on the prize!Well, you know that drafting a QB is a magic bean that always turns into championships.

The retread talk is kind of funny in a way, it's like Manning is Bono or Grbac or something, and not one of the best QBs in the game for the last decade plus. This would be kind of like Montana again, you know, the one guy actually able to overcome Martyocrity and probably not coincidentally the last QB to win a playoff game here. Although all due credit should be given to Trent Green for his January 2004 performance. By no means should that punt-free game be put on his head.

The idea is to get a franchise quarterback capable of winning in January. What is Manning if he's not that? Who cares if you draft him or not. This ain't Cassel part 27 we're talking about here. Or some 49ers (or patriots) backup we're elevating.

Of course, it's also not reality we're talking about here.

boogblaster
01-12-2012, 11:06 AM
if colts trade him its because hes done .. if that happens he prolly cant pass a physical ......

Nzoner
01-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Of course, it's also not reality we're talking about here.

I'm just going to blame my whole train of thought on this issue to the cold medication I'm taking :)

Alas,I have to hit the streets and make some sales though,good day all.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2012, 11:11 AM
To address the OP:

I don't understand why you'd stop watching the Chiefs if Peyton was our QB.

It would literally be the most exciting time we've had since Montana.

Better than watching Cassel overthrow 8-yard slants for another year.

dannybcaitlyn
01-12-2012, 11:15 AM
I'd buy a jersey!

Molitoth
01-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I can't understand your logic here Nzoner. Peyton Manning would be the best thing that happened to the chiefs in 40 years.

The Bad Guy
01-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Funny, I feel the same way about Cassel.

J Diddy
01-12-2012, 11:24 AM
This would seriously alter the bash.

Bearcat
01-12-2012, 11:25 AM
I'd watch every minute of every game. I try to catch as much Rodgers, Brady, Brees, etc; as I can... and to have it in my backyard, guaranteed to be on TV every week?

Are you freakin' kidding me?

Lzen
01-12-2012, 11:27 AM

NO THANKS.

I wouldn't give a rat's ass if they said that. SB Champion Kansas City Chiefs sounds really, really nice.

Valiant
01-12-2012, 11:27 AM
If that happened..

If..

Well bye??

58-4ever
01-12-2012, 11:29 AM
No matter how much you hate him, he could be the best QB that has ever played the game and he makes us an instant SB contender, if not favorite. Keep you feelings to yourself.

RustShack
01-12-2012, 11:29 AM
if colts trade him its because hes done .. if that happens he prolly cant pass a physical ......

Or it might be because they are in a position to draft the next great QB and they could still get a lot out of Manning while essentially drafting him all over again.

okcchief
01-12-2012, 11:30 AM
It's never going to happen so I don't know why anyone even dreams about it.

If it happened the Chiefs could win a SuperBowl so I don't see what the problem would be. It's not like Peyton Manning has ever done anything wrong. I would feverishly masterbate if it happened. The only question is his health but it's worth the risk because the team would be strong enough to win big with him. In a few years your start over and develop a QB but this team can win now. I would personally rather trade up for Luck or Griffin at all costs.

Chiefnj2
01-12-2012, 11:30 AM
People have a hard time accepting the fact that players get old and quickly become shells of their former selves.

bevischief
01-12-2012, 11:31 AM
How often do you think a team lets a SuperBowl winning QB get away? Favre, Montana, Hostetler, Dilfer, Rypien, Johnson, McMahon and Warner? Any others come to mind? Heh. I guess 8 is a lot of Quarterbacks who went on to different teams, especially considering the last 30 years.

That was my point.

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 11:32 AM
The ONLY reason I wouldn't JIMP to get Peyton Manning is because I think this front office wouldn't ALSO draft a stud rookie as our QBOTF. If the nerve in Manning's arm has rehabed properly, I would kill to have him for a couple years while we put something together long term.

RustShack
01-12-2012, 11:34 AM
People have a hard time accepting the fact that players get old and quickly become shells of their former selves.

Are you talking about RB's or QB's? The greatest WR of all time played well into his 40's, the greatest QB probably could too if he wanted and still be a lot more productive than we've possibly ever had.

Lzen
01-12-2012, 11:35 AM

This, to me, is the big caveat. IF he's healthy and back to his old self, I am all for signing him. But that's a big IF at this point.

Rasputin
01-12-2012, 11:36 AM
We are not going win a Fucking Super Bowl until all "true fans" concede to the notion that a retread QB is never going to win us a fucking Super Bowl.

A draft pick QB can give us a 10 year window of opportunity to go to the big show.

A retread gives us two years window of opportunity to suck in the playoffs & fail to win anything beyond a divisional title.

keg in kc
01-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Are you talking about RB's or QB's? The greatest WR of all time played well into his 40's, the greatest QB probably could too if he wanted and still be a lot more productive than we've possibly ever had.80% of Peyton Manning would be better than 300% of Matt Cassel.

This assuming he can ever actually play again.

keg in kc
01-12-2012, 11:38 AM
We are not going win a ****ing Super Bowl until all "true fans" concede to the notion that a retread QB is never going to win us a ****ing Super Bowl. And you need to get past the notion that all the people saying this wouldn't necessarily be bad are True Fans who wouldn't also be in favor of drafting a QB.

HemiEd
01-12-2012, 11:39 AM

That is a great name for him.

suds79
01-12-2012, 11:40 AM
And you need to get past the notion that all the people saying this wouldn't necessarily be bad are True Fans who wouldn't also be in favor of drafting a QB.

This.

I think we all would like for Scott's top priority to move up to get RG3. But if that's not going to happen, am I willing to roll the dice on Peyton Manning over Matt Cassel? You bet.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 11:40 AM
We are not going win a ****ing Super Bowl until all "true fans" concede to the notion that a retread QB is never going to win us a ****ing Super Bowl.

A draft pick QB can give us a 10 year window of opportunity to go to the big show.

A retread gives us two years window of opportunity to suck in the playoffs & fail to win anything beyond a divisional title.

A healthy Manning is not a retread, that's the issue.

The "retread" version of Joe Montana led us to our last playoff victory.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 11:41 AM
That is a great name for him.

Merton Hanks says "hello"!

HemiEd
01-12-2012, 11:41 AM

NO THANKS.

That is exactly how I felt about Montana coming to KC, but now with all the player moves, I don't care anymore.

BigRichard
01-12-2012, 11:42 AM

Maybe not won but several have come very close to getting there and Warner almost won it. So I have no problem with this retread.

suds79
Do we even know what's going to happen with Peyton?

Is he going to be traded? Isn't he due some huge roster bonus coming up here? Could he simply be a free agent?

HemiEd
Merton Hanks says "hello"!

I honestly had never heard that. :Scanlon: guess I have had my head buried in the sand.

ChiTown
01-12-2012, 11:43 AM
And when he fails to deliver us such championship, who will be the next retread over the hills QB we get?

Well, the last time KC won a Playoff game was with a Re-Treaded Joe Montana (18 fucking years ago!). We got all the way to the AFC Championship Game. If we can do something similar with Manning.....where shall I sign?

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 11:44 AM
This.

I think we all would like for Scott's top priority to move up to get RG3. But if that's not going to happen, am I willing to roll the dice on Peyton Manning over Matt Cassel? You bet.

Exactly. If we're going to have a placeholder for a few years anyway, might as well be one that can take advantage of all the talent we have on offense.

pr_capone
01-12-2012, 11:45 AM

I cannot agree with you. I would love for PMan to end up in KC for 2-3 seasons. Closes the door of Kasl and Stanzi/"other drafted QB" gets some seasoning under a top 5 of all time QB.

If you don't want Manning in KC... you are a communist.

Lzen
01-12-2012, 11:46 AM
We are not going win a ****ing Super Bowl until all "true fans" concede to the notion that a retread QB is never going to win us a ****ing Super Bowl.

You don't know that. Hell, Montana was 1 game away from getting us there. I still wonder how that game would have turned out if he hadn't gotten knocked out with a concussion.

Rasputin
01-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Well, the last time KC won a Playoff game was with a Re-Treaded Joe Montana (18 ****ing years ago!). We got all the way to the AFC Championship Game. If we can do something similar with Manning.....where shall I sign?

And what good was Montana to us the year after that?

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 11:47 AM

If we make it to the Super Bowl, who fucking cares?

Rasputin
01-12-2012, 11:48 AM
You don't know that. Hell, Montana was 1 game away from getting us there. I still wonder how that game would have turned out if he hadn't gotten knocked out with a concussion.

Montana suffered from concussion.

Hmmm...

Not as bad as a let's say broken neck?

ChiTown
01-12-2012, 11:49 AM

Why in the F does that even matter? Seriously, sometimes I think our fans are misguided as to the purpose of Modern Day Professional Sports: It's Win Now!

suds79
01-12-2012, 11:50 AM

Nothing. It was a short term deal as this would be. We all accept that.

It would still be worth it given a lot of us think he could at the very least get us to the AFC championship game.

.. And if Peyton ends up being a free agent, then there's absolutely no reason not to try.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2012, 11:50 AM
There's no rookie 1st round QB coming this year, and if we're in position to get one next year, 2012 was likely a huge fucking fail.

Might as well get Manning for a year or two.

RustShack
01-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Fuck it guys. Lets not bring in a QB who would instantly make us a Super Bowl team. Lets just cry when Luck and RG3 are gone and then just keep doing what we do and not win a playoff game. Maybe we decide to reach for a QB, then cry in the future when hes a bust.

JD10367
01-12-2012, 11:57 AM
No one knows if Manning is even going to be 100% healthy. Even if he is, he's a year older, a year away from the game, and one hit away from retirement. And he'll cost a king's ransom in money and/or draft picks. A team needs to be pretty close to playoff-caliber for signing Peyton to make sense.

IMO the best fit for him is the Titans. Next would be the Jets. Third would be the Cowboys, if they give up on Romo.

After those three, the pool of possibilities would be Oakland, KC, Chicago, and Arizona.

RustShack
01-12-2012, 12:00 PM
How are the Chiefs not a good fit? We have the best running game and defense he will have ever played with bar none. Our WR's Bowe, Baldwin, and Breaston to go with TE Moeaki are more than enough for him, especially since he makes any no name look good.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2012, 12:01 PM
The Titans are handing the reins to Locker, there's no way they'd go after Manning. Don't see him in Dallas, because Jerry loves Romo. Jets, maybe.

Raiders have too much invested in Palmer, Bears too much in Cutler.

Rasputin
01-12-2012, 12:02 PM
If we make it to the Super Bowl, who ****ing cares?

Well the big "if". If Manning would deliver us a Super Bowl I would go out of my way to see him and give him a huge kiss on the lips. (not gay((nttawwt))

However I don't believe that he will get the job done. I have wanted a draft pick QB be our guy from when Steve Deberg left us. I want our own home grown QB that we can enjoy year after year that gets better with time on our side. Time has never been on our side with the retread QBs & I don't care if it's Joe Montana, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. They are not the solution to bring us a Super Bowl championship. Time runs short with them when they come to KC and the "if" factor becomes reality when they fail to bring us a Super Bowl and we are right where we are the day Carl Peterson took over.

JD10367
01-12-2012, 12:03 PM
How are the Chiefs not a good fit? We have the best running game and defense he will have ever played with bar none. Our WR's Bowe, Baldwin, and Breaston to go with TE Moeaki are more than enough for him, especially since he makes any no name look good.

Valid points. I'm just not sure the Chiefs are ready to part with the money (given their cheap history) and/or picks it would take to get him.

And I guess we'd have to know what the deal is with Stanzi. If they actually think he's the real deal and could develop into a very solid QB, then they could risk going for Peyton because if something bad happens Stanzi could take over in a season or two. But if they think Stanzi was a wasted pick, and have to go looking for another young QB to groom, then signing Peyton could simply set them back a few more seasons.

Chiefnj2
01-12-2012, 12:05 PM

KC had one of the worst run blocking lines in the league last year. There will likely be turnover in at least two OL spots. KC is relying on a back coming off of ACL surgery to improve the run game.

Bowe isn't locked up yet, Moeaki has always been hurt and is coming off a serious injury, and Baldwin is still a huge unknown.

Plus, there hasn't been any sort of stability with the coaching and offense.

It's not a pretty or stable situation.

Demonpenz
01-12-2012, 12:06 PM

LMAO

warpaint*
01-12-2012, 12:13 PM

Heck no.

But it's not personal. I actually like him. I just think he's washed up. And even if he weren't, how many seasons would I guy his age have left at a high level if healthy? One? Two tops? What is that worth? Nothing close to what the asking price is going to be

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Montana suffered from concussion.

Hmmm...

Not as bad as a let's say broken neck?

All reports are that his neck is fine. It's the nerve in his throwing arm that is the issue. If anything, his neck will be stronger than it's been in several years.

Chiefnj2
01-12-2012, 12:15 PM
All reports are that his neck is fine. It's the nerve in his throwing arm that is the issue. If anything, his neck will be stronger than it's been in several years.

Where do you think the nerve in his throwing arm originates?

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 12:18 PM

Can't tell if you're being serious, but it's two different issues. His arm rehab isn't dependent on his neck and vice versa.

bevischief
01-12-2012, 12:18 PM

I would hope so with 3 fused bones in his neck.

beach tribe
01-12-2012, 12:19 PM
WHAT?!?!?

If somebody said that to me, my response would be "We won the Super Bowl. Piss off."

Seriously. The only thing that matters is the RING.

The fact that the donks won with ex-chiefs pisses me off more. It doesn't make me feel better.

morphius
01-12-2012, 12:19 PM

Yup, I'm sure it would be hard to find a fan of the Saints that is pissed off because they didn't draft Brees.

As for the Mannings, I dislike them both, but if it gets me a SB to cheer for I'd be just as happy.

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 12:20 PM
I would hope so with 3 fused bones in his neck.

Not saying there's no impact on him, but from anything I've read/seen his neck shouldn't effect his football playing. His arm, on the other hand....

1ChiefsDan
01-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Can't stand him. However, if he could come in and be successful as a QB in KC, I could tolerate him.

I just had two spinal fusion surgeries on my neck in 2011. I don't think he is playing again. I am sure he had much better treatment and aftercare, but the spine isn't something to fuck around with.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-12-2012, 12:21 PM

MATT CASSEL RULES!

Mama Hip Rockets
01-12-2012, 12:22 PM

ROFL

bevischief
01-12-2012, 12:23 PM
http://www.spine-health.com/treatment/back-surgery/acdf-anterior-cervical-discectomy-and-fusion

Mama Hip Rockets
01-12-2012, 12:23 PM

NO THANKS.

Who cares how they get it? You would rather have Cassel/Orton lead them to 7-9 wins?

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2012, 12:25 PM

NO THANKS.

Wow lol

bevischief
01-12-2012, 12:26 PM

I have had a similar surgery my big toe joint and I will tell you that it limits your moment in that join and loss of nerve feeling. I am 3 yrs from that surgery.

Chiefnj2
01-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Can't tell if you're being serious, but it's two different issues. His arm rehab isn't dependent on his neck and vice versa.

I don't think it is.

"Can you refresh our memories on Peyton Manning’s injury? What’s wrong with Peyton Manning’s neck?

Manning has degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine. He has had three surgeries thus far in his career to control pain, weakness, and tingling in his arms. Two of these surgeries happened this year, with the first in the offseason and the second shortly after the start of the 2011 season. His last surgery was a single level anterior cervical fusion. This is where the surgeon joins together Manning’s spinal bones to create stability."

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 12:32 PM
I have had a similar surgery my big toe joint and I will tell you that it limits your moment in that join and loss of nerve feeling. I am 3 yrs from that surgery.

A. Every surgery is different. From what I've heard (grain of salt, I know) his neck surgery went off without a hitch and his neck feels good.

B. I doubt you have access to Peyton Manning level medical care.

Chiefnj2
01-12-2012, 12:34 PM
A. Every surgery is different. From what I've heard (grain of salt, I know) his neck surgery went off without a hitch and his neck feels good.

B. I doubt you have access to Peyton Manning level medical care.

"Manning had neck surgery Sept. 8, the third and most invasive procedure he'd had in 19 months. Doctors fused two of Manning's vertebrae together, hoping that would fix a damaged nerve that caused weakness in Manning's throwing arm."

I'm not sure why you think the neck and arm issues are completely independent. They are not.

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 12:35 PM
I don't think it is.

"Can you refresh our memories on Peyton Manning’s injury? What’s wrong with Peyton Manning’s neck?

Manning has degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine. He has had three surgeries thus far in his career to control pain, weakness, and tingling in his arms. Two of these surgeries happened this year, with the first in the offseason and the second shortly after the start of the 2011 season. His last surgery was a single level anterior cervical fusion. This is where the surgeon joins together Manning’s spinal bones to create stability."

I could be wrong. The way I understand it, the problem in his arm isn't just tingling associated with the neck problem. It's a problem with a specific nerve that he is trying to work out. This impression comes from friends of mine who are huge Colts/Manning fans. They are constantly harping on how people keep getting his medical status wrong cause they focus on the neck.

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm not sure why you think the neck and arm issues are completely independent. They are not.

Again, I could be mistaken, but the sensationalist argument about him having a broken neck that keeps popping up is ridiculous in any case.

tooge
01-12-2012, 12:47 PM
I'd take him in a heartbeat. I don't like him, I like his meddling father less. However, if he returns to what he was 2 years ago, the chiefs go to the superbowl with the weapons he would have. That is all i've wanted for the last 40 years dammit.

Rasputin
01-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Peyton or no Peyton or with Cassel at QB.

I bet Panthers go farther than the Chiefs will go in a playoff run in the next 2 years.

I would bet Panthers win a playoff game before Chiefs win a playoff game in the next few years.

I just don't see Peyton coming to KC in the first place & that would be Pioli sticking with Cassel. So I'm focus on hating Cassel at the moment. I hate the #7 it is of the devil.

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 12:50 PM
I'd take him in a heartbeat. I don't like him, I like his meddling father less. However, if he returns to what he was 2 years ago, the chiefs go to the superbowl with the weapons he would have. That is all i've wanted for the last 40 years dammit.

If the team comes back at 100% this would probably be the most talented team Manning's ever been on. At least top 3.

grandllama
01-12-2012, 01:00 PM
As some who works in the newsroom at an Indy television station, I will tell you the overall feel is that Peyton is going to retire. One good pop to that neck and he could be paralyzed. He has more money than he is every going to need, a SB ring, a hall of fame career, and two brand new babies. Absolutely no reason for him to risk being a vegetable.

Personally, don't care either way, but since every other story we've done for the last six months is about his neck (don't know where this arm tingly crap comes in, we sure the hell haven't reported it) thought I would share what our sports folks say.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Archie Manning tells YSR's @CNotesbyCraig he isn't sure if Peyton will B able 2 play in @NFL next season & "we'll just have 2 wait & see."

ChiefFripp
01-12-2012, 01:07 PM

If his neck injury doesn't stop him completely or bring his level of play down too far( and the colts commiting to Luck could be a tell tale sign of this), then I'd want no other QB beside Peyton. All The Chiefs would really have to do at that point is sign some O-line men and The Chiefs would be a great offensive team . And with the way The Chiefs defense has looked lately....:)

Bump
01-12-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm all for Peyton Manning coming here. QB and 2 or 3 other positions are the missing pieces to the puzzle. We are a good team as a whole, especially with JC, TM and EB coming back (if they can recover). Throw Peyton Manning, assuming he would be healthy enough to play, we are an instant Superbowl contender. DO IT! But we would need to draft someone in the 2nd round probably if the value is right.

rico
01-12-2012, 02:27 PM
I had a phase where I despised Peyton Manning. To start, I hated the fact that he was a Colt. I have hated the Colts since the "kicker who doesn't deserve a name" game and my hatred for Manning was full-fledged after that shootout playoff game between him and Trent Green. However, I watched him on Saturday Night Live and thought he was hilarious. So at this point, I hate the fact that he is a Colt, but like him to an extent because he seems funny.

Hootie
01-12-2012, 02:33 PM
I stopped reading when someone suggested we hire their HC to be our OC...we have some serious morons on this board.

okcchief
01-12-2012, 02:43 PM
I stopped reading when someone suggested we hire their HC to be our OC...we have some serious morons on this board.

I found that amusing as well. Who needs an OC when you have Manning anyway?

J Diddy
01-12-2012, 02:56 PM
I had a phase where I despised Peyton Manning. To start, I hated the fact that he was a Colt. I have hated the Colts since the "kicker who doesn't deserve a name" game and my hatred for Manning was full-fledged after that shootout playoff game between him and Trent Green. However, I watched him on Saturday Night Live and thought he was hilarious. So at this point, I hate the fact that he is a Colt, but like him to an extent because he seems funny.

He is a really funny guy from what I've seen and seems to pull off any situation in front of a camera well. I could live just seeing that and not him with an arrowhead on his helmet.

vailpass
01-12-2012, 02:56 PM

You have absolutely nothing to worry about.

mlyonsd
01-12-2012, 03:03 PM
So, um, do you suppose we could still borrow your place for the 'bash'?

01-12-2012, 04:16 PM
I don't like Manning either but if he ended up here I wouldn't complain until he went down with an injury

CanadianChief
01-12-2012, 04:53 PM
How bout you one up it and become a Nascar fan?

O.city
01-12-2012, 04:57 PM
First off, I'd jump for fucking joy.

Say the three ACL injuries come back to be fine next year. We draft Richardson in the first, the best RT in the second and land a solid NT.

We sign Carl Nicks to play LG.

You wouldn't like to see Manning run that show?

KCTitus
01-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Im not a huge fan of the idea...I have the same feelings about that as I did when Carl brought in Joe Montana. It sets the franchise back because its nothing but a band-aid.

That said, it would be KC's best opportunity to actually put up a win in the playoffs in 20 years, so theres that.

O.city
01-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Peyton makes the Chiefs a SB contender, if he can be and stay healthy, possibly for the next 4 years.

With the defense coming together, you guys wouldn't wanna do that?

J Diddy
01-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Peyton makes the Chiefs a SB contender, if he can be and stay healthy, possibly for the next 4 years.

With the defense coming together, you guys wouldn't wanna do that?

Peyton Manning is 35 years old and a gazillionaire. What makes you think he will play until he's 39? Especially since it seems that the NFL has taken it's toll on his body.

ROYC75
01-12-2012, 05:37 PM
You are a good man there Joe. But if Peyton came to KC and played 2 to 3 good years, gets us to a SB, a SB win and mentors Stanzi, I can live with that very easily.

Providing we do not have to give up a ton for him and the fact he is healthy, a clean bill of health by our doctors and not Indy's or the Mannings.

But FTR, I think he is done as well.

crispystl
01-12-2012, 07:24 PM
. ESPECIALLY if they fire the Colts HC and we hired him to be our OC.

Why would we need to do that? Manning was essentially the offensive coordinator anyways.

crispystl
01-12-2012, 07:27 PM
The Titans are handing the reins to Locker, there's no way they'd go after Manning. Don't see him in Dallas, because Jerry loves Romo. Jets, maybe.

Raiders have too much invested in Palmer, Bears too much in Cutler.

Washington?

crispystl
01-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Why would we need to do that? Manning was essentially the offensive coordinator anyways.

Damn I need to read the entire thread before I post.

splatbass
01-12-2012, 07:52 PM

Kurt Warner almost did.

splatbass
01-12-2012, 07:55 PM

NO THANKS.

So when was it that you lost your testicles?

kcxiv
01-12-2012, 08:06 PM
I'd be happy as fuck if Manning somehow made it here. If its not Manning, its fucking Matt Cassel. Scream out retread all you want, but we arent in a position to land a fucking top flight qb in the draft. I would love that out of any qb thats in the NFL that we can reasonably land.

We need to face the facts that we are fucked in the qb department. We need to hope and fucking pray Scott Pioli can pull a Mike Kupchek. Different sports, but you get the idea.

Estron
01-12-2012, 08:15 PM
. . . we still will have not drafted and developed a QB of our own. Until we learn to do this our team will not be able to be perennial contenders.

Okay, great. The Chiefs pick 12th this year. Who do you want them to go for?

mlyonsd
01-12-2012, 08:26 PM
No way Pioli dumps Cassel for a damaged old QB.

Estron
01-12-2012, 08:27 PM
This.

I think we all would like for Scott's top priority to move up to get RG3.

I don't think that Clark Hunt and Scott Pioli have anything that anyone else could possibly want, to trade to get Luck or Griffin.

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 11:37 PM
I don't think that Clark Hunt and Scott Pioli have anything that anyone else could possibly want, to trade to get Luck or Griffin.

They have their next three 1st round picks. I'd be fucking ecstatic if they made that deal.

Simply Red
01-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Sorry bub, not here. Archie's a little annoying. I like Peyton and Eli a lot. Peyton on SNL really won me over w/ him. He's pretty damned funny. He balls too. So yeah, no, sorry buddy.

Imon Yourside
01-12-2012, 11:49 PM
I'll take Manning in a heartbeat, sign him up NOW!

synthesis2
01-13-2012, 12:10 AM
I would LOVE to have payton, I would gladly have 5 years or more of shit football to have one or two REAL chances to win a superbowl.

If payton come back his health would be good, he dosent get hit much because he gets rid of the ball fast.

But with our recievers, our running back and our Defense, we could really do well. I don't care about 2016 and beyond, just want them to do something now.

With cassel there is a 100% chance we will not win the superbowl, heck not even the afc championship.

No matter what we have to pull out all of the stops if we want to win the big one and he is about the only way.

jd1020
01-13-2012, 12:14 AM
If payton come back his health would be good, he dosent get hit much because he gets rid of the ball fast.

You do know why hes had so many neck surgeries, right?

cdcox
01-13-2012, 01:07 AM
We have a starting QB and his name is Matt Cassel. If we were to somehow to obtain Peyton Manning, he'd have to first win the starting job, and it isn't at all clear that would happen.

Buck
01-13-2012, 01:08 AM
You'll come around. It's the name on the front of the jersey, not the back, that you love.

NJChiefsFan
01-13-2012, 01:13 AM

Yes, his head is enormous.

kysirsoze
01-13-2012, 01:14 AM
We have a starting QB and his name is Matt Cassel. If we were to somehow to obtain Peyton Manning, he'd have to first win the starting job, and it isn't at all clear that would happen.

OK, LAcdcox.

Wallcrawler
01-13-2012, 08:08 AM
The first thing you should ask yourself is "Would I like to see the SEVENTEEN F*CKING YEAR STRETCH with ZERO playoff wins continue, or do we bring in a proven QB that has the ability to bring the Lombardi trophy back to KC."

All this garbage about whining, throwing teammates under the bus, its all bullshit. We have that now. We've had that previously, or has everyone mentally blocked out Mr. "I cant throw the ball AND catch it too." Elvis Grbac?

Tom Brady is a whiny pretty boy piece of shit as well when things are not going his way, but Ill bet Patriots fans really dont care about that when he's wearing all those SB rings, and is always in contention for another.

Im not a big Manning fan. Why should I be, he plays for the team that has destroyed my team's SB dreams in two of the greatest seasons I ever saw them play?

That being said, if he's no longer with the Colts and he puts on the Red and Gold, I could give a rats ass how much whining he does if he's putting up 3-4 touchdowns a week in the passing attack.

We tried building a team of guys everybody liked, and they couldnt stop a high school team. Its true what they say, "Assholes finish first." Personally, Ive seen enough of this losing BS. I dont care if the guy punches out old ladies in his spare time if he can get us a SB win.

The Chiefs are going to have a great running game, and Manning is one of the best Playaction passers in the game. He knows how to play the position and get rid of the football, and do it in a manner that keeps the offense rolling.

If it can financially be done without hurting the team's future, you are a complete dumbass if you dont attempt to sign talent of this caliber at the most important position in the game.

Nzoner
01-13-2012, 09:19 AM
So when was it that you lost your testicles?

I won't reply with a crass comeback but did want to try and explain myself a bit further.I'll use the Steelers SB win against Seattle when the NFL actually came out and apologized after the game for the officiating,if I were a Steelers fan that title just wouldn't feel right.

So whether it makes sense or not,I could really give 2 shits,as a Manning hater it just wouldn't feel right but alas I realize we now live in an instantaneous society and dammit WE WANT IT NOW,no matter the cost.

Nzoner
01-13-2012, 09:21 AM
You'll come around. It's the name on the front of the jersey, not the back, that you love.

I'll just believe it's not gonna happen and if it does it's not gonna happen.

htismaqe
01-13-2012, 09:21 AM
So whether it makes sense or not,I could really give 2 shits,as a Manning hater it just wouldn't feel right but alas I realize we now live in an instantaneous society and dammit WE WANT IT NOW,no matter the cost.

You might have a point, except for the fact that I'm nearly 40 and WASN'T ALIVE the last time the Chiefs were in the Super Bowl.

The idea that we, as Chiefs fans, are somehow spoiled or entitled and have no patience, is pure, unadulterated HORSE SHIT.

Nzoner
01-13-2012, 09:30 AM
You might have a point, except for the fact that I'm nearly 40 and WASN'T ALIVE the last time the Chiefs were in the Super Bowl.

The idea that we, as Chiefs fans, are somehow spoiled or entitled and have no patience, is pure, unadulterated HORSE SHIT.

Absolutely agree and anyone who really knows me knows the love I have for my team and how I so want to experience that feeling I felt in 1985 watching the Royals become World Champs.

My frustration really comes as I look at owners like Kraft,Jones,Benson and what they have done and continue to do to try and maintain a level of contention and then look at our ownership and all I can do is :banghead:

Bearcat
01-13-2012, 09:46 AM
I won't reply with a crass comeback but did want to try and explain myself a bit further.I'll use the Steelers SB win against Seattle when the NFL actually came out and apologized after the game for the officiating,if I were a Steelers fan that title just wouldn't feel right.

LMAO

I 'wanted it now' 20 years ago. And what is the cost? We're not selling our soul here... we're not signing a murderer or a registered sex offender. And I think the term "setting the franchise back x years" kind of goes out the window after several years of not winning a playoff game.

Someone over the holidays was trying to tell me I'm a bandwagon fan for selling tickets for a bunch of games this year and not watching every game. All I could do was laugh at them, which was kind of awkward since I had just met them... but WTF? LMAO

If I wanted to jump on a bandwagon, the Patriots beating the Raiders and Rams to win the SB was perfect... I had my chance. :(

1ChiefsDan
01-13-2012, 09:49 AM
"Manning had neck surgery Sept. 8, the third and most invasive procedure he'd had in 19 months. Doctors fused two of Manning's vertebrae together, hoping that would fix a damaged nerve that caused weakness in Manning's throwing arm."

I'm not sure why you think the neck and arm issues are completely independent. They are not.They are not. I had almost the same surgery (3 vertabrae fused - C5, C6 and C7) because the two discs had herniated - both into nerve canals and one double herniated putting pressure on the spinal cord.

Definately causes pain, numbness and weakness in the arm - the C5-C7 specifically affects the right arm according to my doctor.

I had the anterior surgery done in April. 4 months later the pain and numbness came back. In Ocotober I had both the anterior and posterior surgery done. Now I have a plate on the front spine covering the 3 vertebrate, 2 rods on the back of the spine covering all 3 and bone with metal rods embeded in place of the discs.

Only been a couple of months, but no pain or numbness in the arm, but the neck is (and will most likely always be) sore.

Nzoner
01-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Someone over the holidays was trying to tell me I'm a bandwagon fan for selling tickets for a bunch of games this year and not watching every game. All I could do was laugh at them, which was kind of awkward since I had just met them... but WTF? LMAO

As you may recall I was a STH for 13 years well one weekend during one of our frustrating seasons we went to the game and decided to just party in the lot and not even go inside as a way of saying fock you to ownership as frustrated fans,we wouldn't even sell the tickets.Yes,they still got our money but wth it made us feel better,so I say to you,do whatever makes you feel good.

Chiefshrink
01-13-2012, 10:10 AM

Damn straight! I would love to see the Peyton eyes roll look over at whoever our OC at the time(WTF are you thinking look) and call his own play for a TD!!

-King-
02-29-2012, 06:05 PM
This thread could get interesting in a week or two...

TEX
02-29-2012, 06:08 PM

DUMB! :facepalm:

Bump
02-29-2012, 06:10 PM
DUMB! :facepalm:

seriously. I bet that hate would turn to love after Manning won us a Superbowl. I don't care if Bill Romanoski or Shannon Sharpe (2 of my most hated ever) could suit up at QB and take us to the promised land, I'd be all over their jock afterwards.

Wallcrawler
02-29-2012, 06:43 PM
You have to make a move. Nearly 20 years and no playoff wins, and inconsistent seasons show that the way things have been done is not going to work, and will not work.

Cassel had his shot, and he blew it harder than Peter North over Jenna Jameson's heartbreaker tattoo.

This year, it looks like there are two options for the Chiefs to improve the most vital part of the football team.

You sink this draft, and part of (if not all) of next year's draft to move up to 2 and take Griffin. Doing that likely costs players as well.

You bring in Griffin. Great. Now, without Bowe to throw to or Albert protecting him, what is he going to get done? Youre left in free agency limbo to try to address the needs to build around this kid. Result: Chiefs suck for probably 2 years and get nothing in the draft to show for it, while the Rams live like kings.

Or you bring in Manning.

Lets cut the bullshit. Obviously, Manning is going to have to pass a physical and demonstrate he has the tools to do what needs to be done before he gets signed.

We sign Manning, and we still have pretty good position in the draft to get him some help. We've got some cash to throw at some free agents that could help out further.

How would bringing in Manning for a few seasons while retaining our drafts set the team back?

The way I see it, if you go all in for RG3 you do more to potentially set the team back than you do to help it. Sacrificing 2 drafts, key players, likely getting into cap hell because of all the scrapping youre gonna have to do in free agency to get this kid some help.

Get #18 in red, ASAP.

Sofa King
02-29-2012, 07:13 PM
You have to make a move. Nearly 20 years and no playoff wins, and inconsistent seasons show that the way things have been done is not going to work, and will not work.

Cassel had his shot, and he blew it harder than Peter North over Jenna Jameson's heartbreaker tattoo.

This year, it looks like there are two options for the Chiefs to improve the most vital part of the football team.

You sink this draft, and part of (if not all) of next year's draft to move up to 2 and take Griffin. Doing that likely costs players as well.

You bring in Griffin. Great. Now, without Bowe to throw to or Albert protecting him, what is he going to get done? Youre left in free agency limbo to try to address the needs to build around this kid. Result: Chiefs suck for probably 2 years and get nothing in the draft to show for it, while the Rams live like kings.

Or you bring in Manning.

Lets cut the bullshit. Obviously, Manning is going to have to pass a physical and demonstrate he has the tools to do what needs to be done before he gets signed.

We sign Manning, and we still have pretty good position in the draft to get him some help. We've got some cash to throw at some free agents that could help out further.

How would bringing in Manning for a few seasons while retaining our drafts set the team back?

The way I see it, if you go all in for RG3 you do more to potentially set the team back than you do to help it. Sacrificing 2 drafts, key players, likely getting into cap hell because of all the scrapping youre gonna have to do in free agency to get this kid some help.

Get #18 in red, ASAP.

Wait what??? i stopped here. Who ever said anything about trading Albert? We're surely not losing him to free agency... Nobody let's starting left tackles go...

And we're not sacrificing two ****ing drafts people. We would still have a 1st rounder this year. It's not disappearing. It's going towards RGIII... We lose a 1st next year, big whoop. 1st rounders bust all the time and it doesn't set a team back 2 years. Whatever other picks we give up, 2nd's, 3rds, doesn't matter, they won't have anywhere near the affect a ****ing franchise QB has.... And just for the record, 2 drafts = 14 picks. We're not giving up 14 picks to trade up.... Stop being dramatic.

Odds are we're not trading up. Does that piss me off? No. I can see why we probably won't. Would i be pissed if we did and it cost us some very high picks? Hell no. We have to try. Would Peyton be a great addition, Hell ya he would. Orton? He's better than Matt...

We've got options.

EDIT: Personally i realize we need a QB now. By the time all you "wait until next year" crowd finally get a QB, he'll be too young to actually do anything worth a shit while our best players just keep getting older and older.

Crush
02-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Also, RGIII isn't Cassel. The kid is not going to need HOF talent to look competent.

Crush
02-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Wait what??? i stopped here. Who ever said anything about trading Albert? We're surely not losing him to free agency... Nobody let's starting left tackles go...

And we're not sacrificing two ****ing drafts people. We would still have a 1st rounder this year. It's not disappearing. It's going towards RGIII... We lose a 1st next year, big whoop. 1st rounders bust all the time and it doesn't set a team back 2 years. Whatever other picks we give up, 2nd's, 3rds, doesn't matter, they won't have anywhere near the affect a ****ing franchise QB has.... And just for the record, 2 drafts = 14 picks. We're not giving up 14 picks to trade up.... Stop being dramatic.

Trading up from 11 to 2 is going to take 5 years worth of draft picks. We're fucked either way.

Sofa King
02-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Trading up from 11 to 2 is going to take 5 years worth of draft picks. We're ****ed either way.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/545/OpoQQ.jpg

Crush
02-29-2012, 07:31 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/545/OpoQQ.jpg

My bad. It is actually 6 years worth of draft picks. I had the chart upside down.

Mr. Laz
02-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Trading up from 11 to 2 is going to take 5 years worth of draft picks. We're ****ed either way.

no, it's not.

at most it will effect 3 drafts and i seriously doubt it does that because most teams will not want to wait that long for the picks.

three 1st round picks + a few xtra ... should do it.

this year's 1st
a player who is worth or traded for a 1st(3-way trade or tag/trade)
next year's 1st
extra picks(2nd and 3rd this year? ... 2nd this year and 2nd next year? etc)

now that is NOT 5 years worth of picks ... it's not even 2 full year's worth of picks.

it will cost a lot, but let's not get overly melodramatic about it.

Dragonocho
02-29-2012, 07:58 PM
IMHO Healthy Peyton> RGIII> Stanzi >Unhealthy Peyton >Tyler Thigpen>Tyler Palko> Cassel> Tebow.

mlyonsd
02-29-2012, 07:59 PM
ABC.

bricks
02-29-2012, 08:11 PM
ABC.

Epic Fail 007
02-29-2012, 08:24 PM
No. That just sounds retarded.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree it dose. Also a very childish statement.

mlyonsd
02-29-2012, 08:32 PM
1,2,3Anybody but Cassel.

lewdog
02-29-2012, 08:47 PM
It isn't my fucking money we would be spending on him and he surely is better than fucking Cassel. Would be fun to watch, especially if he is healthy. I would be ok with winning now, since building for the future sure hasn't worked out for the past 40 years.

ColtsBlueFL
02-29-2012, 10:22 PM

The Redskins finally got a good lick on him (a high/low)min 2006. Peyton came back to win that game, and we won the Super Bowl that year. He's been playing with the nerve being damaged over the next few years, getting other minimally invasive surgeries to try to fix it. Finally, he had the full fusion surgery. Joe Montana won two Super Bowls after having the same thing.

This article might be of major interest-
http : www dot hogshaven dot com/2012/2/9/2788561/some-clarity-on-peytons-injury

{Sorry, had to encrypt slighty to get article URL in the post.}

The Colts can't wait past 3/8 to see if this pans out, as I have outlined with details in another post. Peyton is nearing 7 months post-op, so it may not be too much longer before he can resume his career... somewhere.

-King-
02-29-2012, 10:26 PM
The Redskins finally got a good lick on him (a high/low)min 2006. Peyton came back to win that game, and we won the Super Bowl that year. He's been playing with the nerve being damaged over the next few years, getting other minimally invasive surgeries to try to fix it. Finally, he had the full fusion surgery. Joe Montana won two Super Bowls after having the same thing.

This article might be of major interest-
http : www dot hogshaven dot com/2012/2/9/2788561/some-clarity-on-peytons-injury

{Sorry, had to encrypt slighty to get article URL in the post.}

The Colts can't wait past 3/8 to see if this pans out, as I have outlined with details in another post. Peyton is nearing 7 months post-op, so it may not be too much longer before he can resume his career... somewhere.

Whoa! Did not know it happened in 2006.

ColtsBlueFL
02-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Whoa! Did not know it happened in 2006.

Indeed, and he still played and even made it back to another Super Bowl. He is still the least sacked / hit QB in football, but this one play on one day did it. The full picture sequence here-

http : / / www dot hogshaven dot com/2012/2/9/2788561/some-clarity-on-peytons-injury

[ if a regular could check this and then post proper URL, that would be great. :) ]

I just want everyone to know the full story on him before making their conclusions as his potential future landing spot is determined. There is no doubt in my mind I'd love to have him with the Horseshoe on his helmet again, but the health/contract circumstances make it a 99.9.% no way in hades scenario. Somebody out there is going to get a tremendous QB for a few years. IF, that nerve regeneration completes soon.

I'd rather him come here than anywhere else that;s not Indy. Then Seattle, then AZ, and then Miami.

(which my wife wants, so I can take her across state to Sun Life stadium and watch in person. I told her tickets will fly off the shelf so buy early if it happens...)

He's not in any more danger of becoming a paraplegic then he was in the Super Bowl facing Brees and company a couple years ago. But his arm just might feel better than back then. Anyway, we'll see what your FO/coaching staff has up it's sleeve in the Manning stakes soon enough.

SPATCH
02-29-2012, 10:58 PM
whoa.. completely missed this thread, but..

OP is not a heterosexual.

Brock
02-29-2012, 11:04 PM
I feel the same way about Cassel.

MoreLemonPledge
02-29-2012, 11:10 PM
http : / / www dot hogshaven dot com/2012/2/9/2788561/some-clarity-on-peytons-injury

[ if a regular could check this and then post proper URL, that would be great. :)

http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/2/9/2788561/some-clarity-on-peytons-injury

here is way too much misinformation on Peyton Manning's injury. First of all, a little history.

According to Dungy and Manning, Peyton received his initial neck injury in a game against the Washington Redskins on Oct. 22, 2006. Dungy recalled that " Manning's neck was wrenched and his helmet ripped off when he took a hit by Andre Carter followed by a hit from Phillip Daniels". The hits were legal so do not read anything into that.

When Manning got up he shook his right arm " as if to get the feeling back into it". Peyton took a time out and told the back up QB to be ready. Peyton went on to throw for 244 yards and three TD's in the second half. According to Irsay and Dungy the neck would get aggravated over the next few years but nothing really abnormal.

But, in September of 2010 it was reported that Peyton had been injured sometime before week one. That is when the disc in his neck began to do nerve damage. Manning struggled with pain throughout the 2010 season. He admitted to not having as much throwing strength as usual. This resulted in his decreased production: 91.2 passer rating, 4700 yards, 33 TD's and 17 Int. (hell of a season for an injured QB).

Peyton's first two surgeries were more noninvasive in an attempt to keep the disc from doing damage to the nerve. The fusion was done on the third attempt and was successful. Two of the countries leading neurosurgeons, along with the Colts neurosurgeon have cleared Peyton to play in the NFL again. This relates completely to the fusion itself. Not the nerve regeneration that is subsequent to the fusion surgery.

Peyton is no more likely to "break his neck and be paralyzed" than anyone else in the league. The fusion does not make his neck "weaker", it just may be a little less mobile. Only time will tell. The discs are fused and healed and no longer do damage to the nerve, which is what has caused the loss in arm strength.

The question now is, when and if the nerve will completely heal. This process can take from a few months to a year. The fact is, a study was done on this very issue in regards to NFL players who have had disc herniation's and nerve damage. According to the Spine Orthopedics,Aug. 2010, 72% of NFL players who underwent surgery for disk herniation and resulting nerve damage returned to play, on average for 2.8 more years. The non-surgery group returned to play for just 1.5 years.

In an interview with Joe Montana, Joe said he underwent fusion surgery in 1986 and was told many of the same things Peyton has by so many around him- just retire. Montana underwent his surgery and went on to win Super Bowls 23 and 24, was MVP in 1989, Super Bowl MVP and led his team to two 14-2 regular seasons. And all of this after disc fusion surgery.

According to Peyton and those around him he is getting strength back in his arm. Both Reggie Wayne and Joseph Addai took some reps from Manning and agreed that he was getting more zip on the ball. It could still take several months to find out if Peyton will be in that 72% club and get back to full strength.

The Colt's do not have the luxury of waiting to find out as they have to make a decision before March 8th and a 28 million dollar bonus they would have to pay Manning. It's not going to happen and Peyton will become a free agent.

The rest of the NFL has more time to see how Peyton is doing. The fact is the odds are in Peyton's favor. He is already getting his strength back and there is a three out of four chance his nerve will heal completely. If so, I believe Peyton has at least three more years of Manning level football left in him, maybe more. He may be 36 but other than this neck injury he was the least sacked QB in the league his entire career. He has never taken the kind of punishment other older QB's have endured.

I would also add that Peyton may be the smartest most cerebral QB in history. I believe he can adjust his game as he gets older and still be just as dangerous. Kinda like Michael Jordan when he could no longer dunk a ball from the free throw line. He just invented the fade shot and won more titles.

If Peyton's nerve completely heals, a team in need of a franchise QB would be nuts not to go for him. Just my two cents.

Otter
02-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Just out of curiosity Nzoner, why do you like Manning? I'm pretty indifferent to him and don't want to see him brought in just because I hate the fact it extends on the Chiefs being total losers at developing a QB.

kcxiv
02-29-2012, 11:50 PM
If Cassel starts the year, you just know the football season is going no where regardless of how the regular season goes.

Nzoner
03-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Just out of curiosity Nzoner, why do you like Manning?

Huh?

Wallcrawler
03-01-2012, 08:05 AM

Gonna go slowly for you here.

Chiefs have the ELEVENTH pick (11).

The Chiefs would be competing with the Browns and Redskins in a battle to trade up. Draft picks alone are not going to beat out these teams, especially considering if the Chiefs do acquire what they need, they will likely not be picking very highly next season while the Browns and Redskins have a pretty good shot at having high picks again next year.

Youre now looking at what the Rams' needs are. T, WR, CB.

Its likely that Carr is history, so the ammunition the Chiefs have are their draft, their future draft, LT Branden Albert, and WR Dwayne Bowe. Thats of course contingent on the Rams even being able to afford to do a deal that would involve players due to their cap situation.

Anyone thinking that it would take less than that to jump 9 spots over teams with far better picks has their head FIRMLY planted in their anus.

Lzen
03-01-2012, 09:13 AM
I feel the same way about Cassel.

This.

loochy
03-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Just out of curiosity Nzoner, why do you like Manning? I'm pretty indifferent to him and don't want to see him brought in just because I hate the fact it extends on the Chiefs being total losers at developing a QB.

Huh?

:doh!: Otter do you even know how to read?

Lzen
03-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Huh?

I'm guessing he meant "why do you not like Manning".

Nzoner
03-01-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm guessing he meant "why do you not like Manning".

Other than my personal dislike please read the following article.From purely a football stance THIS is why I don't think Peyton is all that and as Chiefs fans it's what we need most.

His regular season success, though, does not mean that the future Hall of Famer should be absolved from criticism for his team’s repeated failures in January.

He has racked up seven one-and-done postseason exits—the most of any quarterback in NFL history. Overall, he owns a 9-10 record in 11 playoff appearances, whereas Eli is an incredible 9-3 with two Super Bowl MVP awards. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/806255-indianapolis-colts-an-explanation-for-peyton-mannings-playoff-problems)

loochy
03-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Other than my personal dislike please read the following article.From purely a football stance THIS is why I don't think Peyton is all that and as Chiefs fans it's what we need most.

Oh, well then...that really is a good reason to completely turn on the team.

Sofa King
03-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Gonna go slowly for you here.

Chiefs have the ELEVENTH pick (11).

The Chiefs would be competing with the Browns and Redskins in a battle to trade up. Draft picks alone are not going to beat out these teams, especially considering if the Chiefs do acquire what they need, they will likely not be picking very highly next season while the Browns and Redskins have a pretty good shot at having high picks again next year.

Youre now looking at what the Rams' needs are. T, WR, CB.

Its likely that Carr is history, so the ammunition the Chiefs have are their draft, their future draft, LT Branden Albert, and WR Dwayne Bowe. Thats of course contingent on the Rams even being able to afford to do a deal that would involve players due to their cap situation.

Anyone thinking that it would take less than that to jump 9 spots over teams with far better picks has their head FIRMLY planted in their anus.

We're not trading Albert. The fact that you think we might shows how fucking stupid you really are.

Nzoner
03-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Oh, well then...that really is a good reason to completely turn on the team.

Once again we're looking at stats but when a an NFL QB leads the league with 7 one and done play-off exits I see a big red flag and it does't boast KC as Super Bowl champs.

Manning is not Montana,not even close.

Sofa King
03-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Once again we're looking at stats but when a an NFL QB leads the league with 7 one and done play-off exits I see a big red flag and it does't boast KC as Super Bowl champs.

Manning is not Montana,not even close.

And Manning's supporting cast in not Montana's supporting cast, not even close.

Nzoner
03-01-2012, 10:22 AM
And Manning's supporting cast in not Montana's supporting cast, not even close.

In regards to the 49er's or Chiefs?

Sofa King
03-01-2012, 10:25 AM
In regards to the 49er's or Chiefs?

Either, really.

Brock
I'm not a big fan of signing old QBs or anything, but if your argument is "he only won one super bowl", well......that's dumb.

Micjones
Peyton Manning struggled in the post-season early in his career.
Since then, he's taken his team to the Superbowl TWICE.
I think I can get my head around him playing here (if he's healthy).

We can still draft his successor.
Two-three year solution and a young QB, of our own, waiting in the wings.
I'll take it.

Nzoner
03-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Either, really.

So Willie Davis and J.J. Birden can be mentioned in the same breath as Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne?

Please elaborate on your thinking as I'm really trying to see your point.

Nzoner
03-01-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm not a big fan of signing old QBs or anything, but if your argument is "he only won one super bowl", well......that's dumb.

No,my argument is that overall his postseason record is the worst in NFL history.

Brock
03-01-2012, 10:33 AM
No,my argument is that overall his postseason record is the worst in NFL history.

And Trent Green never won a playoff game in KC and IT WAS ALL HIS FAULT.

Dr. Johnny Fever

It's would be nice to have a post season record but we have Matt Cassel.

Sofa King
So Willie Davis and J.J. Birden can be mentioned in the same breath as Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne?

Please elaborate on your thinking as I'm really trying to see your point.

I'm talking the team as a whole. KC's defense was much better than anything the Colts have put together in the last decade. Other than 2 blowouts in '94, the KC defense held teams to low scores.

mikey23545
03-01-2012, 10:41 AM

I bet you can hardly wait for puberty, huh?

Nzoner
03-01-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm talking the team as a whole. KC's defense was much better than anything the Colts have put together in the last decade. Other than 2 blowouts in '94, the KC defense held teams to low scores.

The one year he did hold up the Lombardi Trophy, a vaunted Tony Dungy defense covered up Manning’s poor playoff stat-line: three touchdowns and seven interceptions.

FWIW,do you realize Trent Dilfer also had 3 td passes in the Ravens 2000 postseason run to the Super Bowl championship?

Sofa King
03-01-2012, 11:00 AM
FWIW,do you realize Trent Dilfer also had 3 td passes in the Ravens 2000 postseason run to the Super Bowl championship?

I'm not going to get into a discussion that involves Trent fucking Dilfer. Those tend to get really retarded really quickly.

Kind of like the "you don't need to draft a QB in the first because of Tom Brady" arguments.

Ultra Peanut
03-01-2012, 11:01 AM
hahahahahaha what

nzoner, you are a hoot and a holler

Nzoner
03-01-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm not going to get into a discussion that involves Trent ****ing Dilfer. Those tend to get really retarded really quickly.

Kind of like the "you don't need to draft a QB in the first because of Tom Brady" arguments.

I'm just giving you the facts,you brought the great defense into the discussion and I simply showed you that in Manning's one Super Bowl run and win his td numbers were the same as Trent ****ing Dilfer.

LOCOChief
03-01-2012, 11:07 AM
WTF is the hatred for the Manning family all about, they run over your kitty or something? I could understand if you were a pats fan or something and the brothers kept spanking you but aside from that, seems like a pretty good family.

Nzoner
03-01-2012, 11:12 AM
WTF is the hatred for the Manning family all about, they run over your kitty or something? I could understand if you were a pats fan or something and the brothers kept spanking you but aside from that, seems like a pretty good family.

Like I said in the OP just can't really explain it,however,from an NFL postseason stats perspective I have updated the OP with a very good read.

blsilks
03-01-2012, 11:22 AM

See you later

Chiefnj2
03-01-2012, 11:26 AM
My problems with Manning.

- Injury aside, there comes a time when age catches up to players. It catches up quickly. There is a reason why teams that are fairly well managed give up on their "star" QBs and move on.

- The injury. His neck isn't the issue. It's the nerve. Will it regenerate? Even if it does heal, could physical contact inflame the area and cause it to degrade again? I understand he receives the best medical care that money can buy, but I don't think anyone can offer any type of reasonable guaranty regarding his nerve. There is a reason why he hasn't thrown the ball in public the last year or so.

- The system. Is Daboll familiar with Manning's system? Anyone other than arguable Lilja (who everyone wants replaced) and Jim Bo Bob good ole boy? A rusty QB, no players familiar with the system, a new OC, KC incumbents having a 4th OC in 4 years. It just doesn't spell smooth transition.

- The affect. Will it cause Hunt/Pioli not to address QBOTF early in any coming drafts? If Manning can't play, will KC face a similar fate as the Colts with no other QB able to play the system? Don't say, 'hey KC will have the 1st draft pick then' because as a Chiefs fan you know we don't have that luck. KC's D will be good enough to win 7 or so games and keep the team out of the top 5.

- Has bringing in a very aged QB been effective for other teams in recent history, or do the better teams draft and develop? You know the answer.

lcarus
03-01-2012, 11:31 AM
It's would be nice to have a post season record but we have Matt Cassel.

He has a post season record. It's 0-1. I'll take Peyton and his playoff record please.

lcarus
03-01-2012, 11:32 AM

People in this country just have a hatred for successful people.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-01-2012, 11:36 AM
He has a post season record. It's 0-1. I'll take Peyton and his playoff record please.

I was wondering if anyone was gonna call me on that heh. The rest I agree with... of course.

Nzoner
03-01-2012, 11:37 AM

People also have a hatred for whiny ass bitches who refuse to play for a team that drafts them and a father and brother that back them up. :deevee:

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-01-2012, 11:39 AM

He beat the Chiefs in the playoffs oncest so I must hate him! It's Peytons fault we didn't punt... it's Peytons fault he actually tried to win like some damn competitor or something! Dammit Peyton! Why can't you stop being a decent respectful guy who does amusing tv commercials!

:cuss:

Nzoner
03-01-2012, 11:46 AM
He beat the Chiefs in the playoffs twice so I must hate him! It's Peytons fault we didn't punt... it's Peytons fault he actually tried to win like some damn competitor or something! Dammit Peyton! Why can't you stop being a decent respectful guy who does amusing tv commercials!

:cuss:

FYP

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-01-2012, 11:53 AM
FYP

Could you fix my "we didn't punt" mistake too? Was supposed to be "we didn't make them punt." I was distracted by the awesomeness that is the mental picture of Peyton in a Chiefs jersey.

:)

lcarus
03-01-2012, 11:58 AM
People also have a hatred for whiny ass bitches who refuse to play for a team that drafts them and a father and brother that back them up. :deevee:

In retrospect, the decision to play for the Giants payed off pretty well. It was the Chargers he rejected. Can't blame him. Chiefs fans should like him more because of that.

Nzoner
03-01-2012, 12:04 PM
In retrospect, the decision to play for the Giants payed off pretty well. It was the Chargers he rejected. Can't blame him. Chiefs fans should like him more because of that.

Or if he brings the Chargers the same results are the Chiefs under even more pressure to produce a winner?

I just hate the idea that guys like Elway and Eli pull that shit and get their way.I mean us regular Joe's pull a stunt like that and more than likely we're shown the door.

lcarus
03-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Or if he brings the Chargers the same results are the Chiefs under even more pressure to produce a winner?

I just hate the idea that guys like Elway and Eli pull that shit and get their way.I mean us regular Joe's pull a stunt like that and more than likely we're shown the door.

We're in an era of sports where the most talented athletes pretty much get their way when it comes to anything. It's stupid, but oh well. Most successful pro athletes are just big kids. They've been stars since they were teenagers. Hard to really "grow up" in those conditions.

Nzoner
03-01-2012, 12:11 PM
We're in an era of sports where the most talented athletes pretty much get their way when it comes to anything. It's stupid, but oh well. Most successful pro athletes are just big kids. They've been stars since they were teenagers. Hard to really "grow up" in those conditions.

On that we are in TOTAL AGREEMENT.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-01-2012, 12:20 PM

I agree, it made me sick when Eli pulled that crap and it's probably why I've never cared for him. He is a good QB though, I can't take that away from him.

Rasputin
03-01-2012, 12:25 PM
I agree, it made me sick when Eli pulled that crap and it's probably why I've never cared for him. He is a good QB though, I can't take that away from him.

In retro spect, I say the trade worked out for this.. "Go **** yourself San Diego" /Ron Burgandy. Now that part made me like him.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-01-2012, 12:34 PM
In retro spect, I say the trade worked out for this.. "Go **** yourself San Diego" /Ron Burgandy. Now that part made me like him.

Of course it did, I'm not complaining. Was still a dick move by Eli.

Wallcrawler
03-01-2012, 02:02 PM
We're not trading Albert. The fact that you think we might shows how ****ing stupid you really are.

Im not saying they might trade Albert. Impressive comprehension skills you have there, really.

Im saying that is what it will take if they want to draft RG3. The Chiefs will not get up to #2 on draft picks alone. They will have to address the needs of the Rams while also giving up our draft choices. Their needs are T, WR, and CB.

If they want RG3, theyre going to have to make big sacrifices to move up 9 spots, and as I said, what is this guy really going to accomplish even if we get him when we would have to give up so much for him?

Manning coming in, and the Chiefs keeping their picks and players makes more sense, and wont set the team back like everyone says bringing in a retread QB will.

Ill go get my crayons so I can draw it out for you if you still cant understand. You like red, or blue better?

whoman69
03-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Of course it did, I'm not complaining. Was still a dick move by Eli.

Perhaps it was, but the Chargers at that point looked like they were going to become the next Bungles. The Chargers had gone 8 years without a winning record and had already struck out on Ryan Leaf. Five of those eight years they have five wins or less. I don't hold it against anyone for not wanting to be a part of a crappy organization.

Imon Yourside
03-01-2012, 02:08 PM
I've always hated Payton, but would instantly like him if he played for the Chiefs. It's just that simple.

lcarus
03-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Im not saying they might trade Albert. Impressive comprehension skills you have there, really.

Im saying that is what it will take if they want to draft RG3. The Chiefs will not get up to #2 on draft picks alone. They will have to address the needs of the Rams while also giving up our draft choices. Their needs are T, WR, and CB.

If they want RG3, theyre going to have to make big sacrifices to move up 9 spots, and as I said, what is this guy really going to accomplish even if we get him when we would have to give up so much for him?

Manning coming in, and the Chiefs keeping their picks and players makes more sense, and wont set the team back like everyone says bringing in a retread QB will.

Ill go get my crayons so I can draw it out for you if you still cant understand. You like red, or blue better?

I'd give up Albert and some draft picks for Griffin. Then again, I'm starving for a young elite QB prospect. We've had plenty of great offensive tackles over the years, and nothing to show for it. QB is what we need right now.

Sofa King
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM

It's not that i don't get your point, it's that the point you're trying to make is stupid as fuck.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Perhaps it was, but the Chargers at that point looked like they were going to become the next Bungles. The Chargers had gone 8 years without a winning record and had already struck out on Ryan Leaf. Five of those eight years they have five wins or less. I don't hold it against anyone for not wanting to be a part of a crappy organization.

I don't hold it against anyone for wanting to be on a good team either. I'm just not of the opinion that an incoming rookie who literally has done nothing in the NFL should be able to... or display the balls to say I'm not playing for a particular team. My opinion is stfu rookie until you prove yourself at the highest level. Once you do that you hold some cards. Like I said... JMO.

In Eli's case it probably worked out for us... but then again there's no telling if he'd have been a 2 time champion with San Diego just because he's done that in NY. Rivers isn't exactly a slouch and they haven't won with him so who knows.

I'm guess I'm old school in my thinking that you need to prove yourself worthy before you start making demands. I know that's not the world we live in though.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-01-2012, 02:13 PM
I've always hated Payton, but would instantly like him if he played for the Chiefs. It's just that simple.

Screw Payton... give me Peyton.

:)

Rasputin
03-01-2012, 02:29 PM

The funniest thing about all this is that they had a shot with two QBs that end up winning Super Bowls for other teams. They had picked Eli and had to trade him away because he punked them out, and even funnier is that they had Drew Brees but let him go for having taken Phylis Rivers. Omg that is just funny chit.

Rasputin
03-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Am taking this moment to do a LOL @ Sandi Ego Chargers. LOL

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-01-2012, 02:34 PM
The funniest thing about all this is that they had a shot with two QBs that end up winning Super Bowls for other teams. They had picked Eli and had to trade him away because he punked them out, and even funnier is that they had Drew Brees but let him go for having taken Phylis Rivers. Omg that is just funny chit.

Now that you mention it I'm not sure the Chiefs could even figure out that level of fail. (of course we'd have to get a championship caliber QB to let go first but that's not my point)

Wallcrawler
03-01-2012, 10:53 PM
It's not that i don't get your point, it's that the point you're trying to make is stupid as ****.

So you believe that the Chiefs could acquire the #2 pick through draft picks alone, you believe that the Chiefs wont need to sweeten the pot with proven players at positions that they need, and youre calling my point stupid as ****.

Hey.

Nobody will know about your lobotomy if you wear a wig to hide the scars.

TEX
03-01-2012, 10:58 PM

See ya!