PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pioli interview with Jack Harry.

Coogs
01-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Not that we didn't already know this, but there will be no Luck or RGIII come April...

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/sports/football/chiefs/pioli-answers-questions-on-new-coach-qb-futures-and-how-he-has-done-so-far

If this is a repost... I really don't care.

The Franchise
01-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Pioli said that he's not going to be involved in the OC hiring. He believes that the HC should be in charge of finding his coordinators.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2012, 11:47 AM
He believes that the HC should be in charge of finding his coordinators.

Who twisted his arm?

The Franchise
01-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Says he's not trying to be Bill Belicheck or Bill Parcells.

The Franchise
01-12-2012, 11:48 AM
He believes Cassel is a good QB. He's not "married" to anyone.

*cough*bullshit*cough*

RustShack
01-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Didn't he say it depends on the asking price to trade up for a QB but he couldn't foresee giving up two first round picks?

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Didn't he say it depends on the asking price to trade up for a QB but he couldn't foresee giving up two first round picks?

That is indeed what he said.

The Franchise
Would he be interested in trading up for a good, young QB?

Depends on the draft, the cost and how everything is laid out. Philosophically he leans against giving up multiple drafts for one player.

KCUnited
By forcing Cassel on the team, he controls the OC candidate pool, whether he claims to have direct input or not.

Coogs
01-12-2012, 11:51 AM

I'm pretty sure the Colts/Rams will take less from Pioli since he doesn't want to give up two 1sts.

The Franchise
01-12-2012, 11:54 AM
"A large part of FA is keeping your own players."

tooge
01-12-2012, 11:55 AM
sweet, a special on seamless siding!

Hammock Parties
01-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Pioli probably believes his best chance to get a contract extension is ride out the last two seasons with Cassel and hope for another 10-6.

Clark isn't going to fire a GM after another division championship, playoff choke or not.

This is entirely possible given the state of the defense.

The Franchise
01-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Pioli probably believes his best chance to get a contract extension is ride out the last two seasons with Cassel and hope for another 10-6.

Clark isn't going to fire a GM after another division championship, playoff choke or not.

He did say you can win a SB with a great QB and you can win one with a good QB.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2012, 11:59 AM

LMAO

Cassel, the Trent Dilfer we've been waiting for.

Coogs
01-12-2012, 12:01 PM

Question is, do we have either one of those covered? Stanzi is an unknown. Orton is good, but will we keep him? Cassel at his absolute best is good. Week to week, not so much.

The Franchise
01-12-2012, 12:01 PM
I did find it funny that Jack asked him how he would grade his work in FA and Pioli said that he doesn't give grades (because he doesn't grade well). Jack asked if he could grade Pioli and Pioli agreed.

Jack told him that he hasn't done very well and then Pioli chimes in that "I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way".

SAUTO
01-12-2012, 12:02 PM
he isnt going to draft a safety at 5 either

Hammock Parties
01-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Jack told him that he hasn't done very well and then Pioli chimes in that "I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way".

LMAO

Pioli basically said "their opinion counts for jack and so does yours, jack."

Dayze
01-12-2012, 12:04 PM
LMAO

I think he's hoping more for a 'opposing kicker missing a chip shot for the win'..like his idol Parcells.

why do we need a QB, when it's entirely possible to win a Super Bowl on a missed kick.

BigRichard
01-12-2012, 12:05 PM
I have 5 things I would like to say about this interview...

1. I don't get the hate for Jack Harry. He asked every question that all of us have been asking. He asked about the QB situation. He asked about the upcoming draft. He asked about signing some FA. There was some other ones he asked that I had been thinking about as well.

2. In no way do I think he is tying himself to Matt Cassel. If anything he was trying not to commit to Cassel to much which I think is a postive thing.

3. In no way did he say he would not trade up to get RGIII or Luck. He simply stated it wouldn't be his normal thought process to do so. Doesn't mean he wouldn't, just would be out of his norm. If I recall, drafting a safety as the 5th pick was out of his norm as well.

4. I don't believe for a second that Romeo is a puppet for Pioli. I believe Romeo gets all the control that any other coach would have.

5. I didn't necessarily like his answers about his lack of player acquisition in free agency and wish Jack would have pushed him a little more on the subject.

warpaint*
01-12-2012, 12:05 PM
LMAO

Check.

So all we need now is to field the best defense of the past decade, preferably one that scores more points than it gives up.

I don't see what the problem is

Why is everyone so uptight?

In all honestly and I'm fully aware I'm delusional about this but if he were interested in trading up for a qb he wouldn't make it public information and would pretend that all is well while working on the best possible deal behind the scenes leading up to and not concluding before draft time.

Hydrae
01-12-2012, 12:06 PM
I think he's hoping more for a 'opposing kicker missing a chip shot for the win'..like his idol Parcells.

why do we need a QB, when it's entirely possible to win a Super Bowl on a missed kick.

That's why he gave all that money to Succup, to hit the game winner in the Super Bowl.

The Franchise
01-12-2012, 12:07 PM
I have 5 things I would like to say about this interview...

1. I don't get the hate for Jack Harry. He asked every question that all of us have been asking. He asked about the QB situation. He asked about the upcoming draft. He asked about signing some FA. There was some other ones he asked that I had been thinking about as well.

2. In no way do I think he is tying himself to Matt Cassel. If anything he was trying not to commit to Cassel to much which I think is a postive thing.

3. In no way did he say he would not trade up to get RGIII or Luck. He simply stated it wouldn't be his normal thought process to do so. Doesn't mean he wouldn't, just would be out of his norm. If I recall, drafting a safety as the 5th pick was out of his norm as well.

4. I don't believe for a second that Romeo is a puppet for Pioli. I believe Romeo gets all the control that any other coach would have.

5. I didn't necessarily like his answers about his lack of player acquisition in free agency and wish Jack would have pushed him a little more on the subject.

He said he couldn't think of a player that he would trade multiple draft picks for.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 12:08 PM
I don't get the hate for Jack Harry

Harry had a personal beef with Carl Peterson. He's a different guy since Peterson was let go. I can actually listen to him now. Listening to him and KK fight in the afternoons is actually pretty entertaining, even when they're both wrong.

Coogs
01-12-2012, 12:09 PM
He said he couldn't think of a player that he would trade multiple draft picks for.

Which means no Luck or RGIII.

Dayze
01-12-2012, 12:09 PM
That's why he gave all that money to Succup, to hit the game winner in the Super Bowl.

even worse, I think he's banking on an opposing kicker/team to hand him a win in the Super Bowl, while his QB goes 11/23 for 125 yards 1 TD, and 2 Ints.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2012, 12:10 PM
After those questions, Pioli probably beat the hell out of his Porsche's steering wheel all the way back to Arrowhead.

SAUTO
01-12-2012, 12:11 PM

i thought it was multiple firsts.

he gave multiple picks for moeaki.

BigRichard
01-12-2012, 12:12 PM

Go back and listen again. That is not what he said.

The Franchise
01-12-2012, 12:13 PM
i thought it was multiple firsts.

he gave multiple picks for moeaki.

That's what I meant. Multiple "drafts".

the Talking Can
01-12-2012, 12:13 PM

which isn't true in any meaningful way....there is what 1 'good' QB for every 10-12 great ones (superbowl winners)?

the pats get Brady, we get a clown who thinks a 'good QB' is good enough

Deberg_1990
01-12-2012, 12:17 PM

Bingo. 9-10 wins keeps the stadium full, gives the fans hope and the Sunday BBQ's lit. Hooray!

BigRichard
01-12-2012, 12:17 PM
That's what I meant. Multiple "drafts".

Here is the exact quote...

"I don't even know who the player is that I would sit here and say I would give up multiple number one picks for that player based on where we are at."

Big difference between that and this...

"He said he couldn't think of a player that he would trade multiple draft picks for."

MMXcalibur
01-12-2012, 12:21 PM
This is good stuff.
Props to Pioli for actually fielding questions all of us are interested in.

Fritz88
01-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Write it down, if RGIII falls to the sixth or 7th, Pioli WILL trade up to get him.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise

"I don't even know who the player is that I would sit here and say I would give up multiple number one picks for that player based on where we are at."

"He said he couldn't think of a player that he would trade multiple draft picks for."

Couldn't and I don't know. HUGE difference. :rolleyes:

The Franchise
Write it down, if RGIII falls to the sixth or 7th, Pioli WILL trade up to get him.
Posted via Mobile Device

RGIII will not last past #4.

Dayze
01-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DvOHbxBAEN8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigRichard
01-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Couldn't and I don't know. HUGE difference. :rolleyes:

Really? You can't see the difference in these two statements?

Coogs
01-12-2012, 12:46 PM

Either way, it means we are not getting Luck or RGIII. Not from pick #11 or #12.

RustShack
01-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Its possible to trade up without using multiple first round picks.

The Franchise
01-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Its possible to trade up without using multiple first round picks.

From #11 to #2?

BigRichard
01-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Either way, it means we are not getting Luck or RGIII. Not from pick #11 or #12.

I am not saying we are but I am not getting that we aren't from his quote. He is saying he doesn't know who he would give up draft picks for, he isn't saying that he wouldn't give up draft picks. Hence the difference in the actual quote and what Pestilence said.

Coogs
01-12-2012, 12:51 PM
From #11 to #2?

Since damn near every mock draft out there has us picking at #11, you know we are going to lose the flip and wind up #12.

Coogs
01-12-2012, 12:56 PM
I am not saying we are but I am not getting that we aren't from his quote. He is saying he doesn't know who he would give up draft picks for, he isn't saying that he wouldn't give up draft picks. Hence the difference in the actual quote and what Pestilence said.

I haven't listened to this for several hours, so I don't remember his exact words, but he said something to the affect he is not at all in favor of trading future 1st round picks and called it reckless (or something like that) to do just that.

Since it has been tossed around by pundits that it is going to take multiple 1st round draft picks to move up to the top of the draft, I'd say we are out of the running for either of these two QB's.

FringeNC
01-12-2012, 12:57 PM
which isn't true in any meaningful way....there is what 1 'good' QB for every 10-12 great ones (superbowl winners)?

the pats get Brady, we get a clown who thinks a 'good QB' is good enough

I think you can win a SB with a good QB. There are 32 teams. Let's say the top 1-8 QBs are "great", and 9-16 are "good". Problem is Cassel is not 9-16 "good", he's not even average, he's probably the worst in the league.

RustShack
01-12-2012, 12:57 PM
From #11 to #2?

Well since the Rams and Vikings would both pass on a QB, we wouldn't have to get up to 2. Browns even could be stupid enough to take Cassel in a trade with our first.

Now I didn't say it was probable that we trade up. But there have been first round trades before without two first round picks. And a QB falls every single year. If the trend continues, its not impossible to think we could trade up.

tk13
01-12-2012, 01:03 PM
I think it's a total fantasy to think Pioli's going to trade up. That said, if he has an ounce of intelligence in his head ... no GM should ever openly admit they'd give up multiple first round picks for anyone. Why on earth would anyone ever admit to that? Even if you secretly wanted to pull a Herschel Walker... you wouldn't go out there blabbing it on the rooftops so all the other GMs could see it.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
01-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Jack Harry needs to word a question,"Since Cassel has been a complete failure, what do you plan on doing about the QB position?"

Everybody is thinking it, I just wish someone would say it to Pioli's face.

BigRichard
01-12-2012, 01:07 PM
I haven't listened to this for several hours, so I don't remember his exact words, but he said something to the affect he is not at all in favor of trading future 1st round picks and called it reckless (or something like that) to do just that.

Since it has been tossed around by pundits that it is going to take multiple 1st round draft picks to move up to the top of the draft, I'd say we are out of the running for either of these two QB's.

He said that philiosophically (sp?) speaking that yes it was a bad idea to do so. He never said he wouldn't. Once again, I think he would have said two years ago that philiosophically speaking taking a safety as the 5th choice in the draft would be a bad idea as well.

Edit: Once again, I am not saying that is what he is going to do I just think the guys saying he is completely against it are wrong.

Fritz88
01-12-2012, 01:09 PM
RGIII will not last past #4.

Between FA and the draft, a lot can happen. Some QB needy team might grab the likes of Flynn, Manning, Orton, etc.

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Jack Harry needs to word a question,"Since Cassel has been a complete failure, what do you plan on doing about the QB position?"

Everybody does not think that. Yes there are a lot of us that think Cassel needs to be replaced.
But we are in the minority. There are tons of fans that want to spend all of our first 2 days picks on the OLine.

Pioli would probably respond with how is he a COMPLETE failure. He has helped to lead this team to a division championship. And so on.

whoman69
01-12-2012, 01:12 PM
I heard an interview with Mark Cuban a few weeks ago. He that that the first thing he found out on the job is that GMs do things that will keep their job, not necessarily focus on winning a championship.

BigRichard
01-12-2012, 01:13 PM
I heard an interview with Mark Cuban a few weeks ago. He that that the first thing he found out on the job is that GMs do things that will keep their job, not necessarily focus on winning a championship.

Doesn't winning a championship make it so they keep their job?

Smed1065
01-12-2012, 01:13 PM

So you were right. GL here.

We hate all with a losing season or 13-3./CP

notorious
01-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Everybody does not think that. Yes there are a lot of us that think Cassel needs to be replaced.
But we are in the minority. There are tons of fans that want to spend all of our first 2 days picks on the OLine.

I weep for this fanbase.

Anyone that can watch Cassel and say he's a good QB needs to weed themselves out of the gene pool.

Messier
01-12-2012, 01:16 PM

His answer would be obvious, and would infuriate everyone.

"Cassel hasn't been a complete failure. He lead this team to a division title, made a pro bowl, and twice in his career has QBd teams to 10 wins in a season. That's not failure."

You'd be asking him to defend Cassel. And he'd run down Cassel's accomplishments.

whoman69
01-12-2012, 01:18 PM
I think it's a total fantasy to think Pioli's going to trade up. That said, if he has an ounce of intelligence in his head ... no GM should ever openly admit they'd give up multiple first round picks for anyone. Why on earth would anyone ever admit to that? Even if you secretly wanted to pull a Herschel Walker... you wouldn't go out there blabbing it on the rooftops so all the other GMs could see it.
Posted via Mobile Device

What GM would want to pull a Herschel Walker except the team receiving the picks?

FringeNC
01-12-2012, 01:20 PM

"Cassel hasn't been a complete failure. He lead this team to a division title, made a pro bowl, and twice in his career has QBd teams to 10 wins in a season. That's not failure."

You'd be asking him to defend Cassel. And he'd run down Cassel's accomplishments.

Then Harry responds with the data:

Cassel has the lowest yards per attempt and second lowest completion percentage of any QB in the league the last 3 years.

notorious
01-12-2012, 01:21 PM

True.

oldman
01-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree with you about not letting the rest of the NFL hear what we're thinking, that's just good business.
I also agree that part of FA is retaining your own talent. We've got 2 very big deals to make (Bowe and Carr) before too long. It's been stated that Bowe wants to have someone who can get him the ball on a cosistent basis, so I would image that that issue will be addressed before we get too far along with Bowe. I believe Pioli knows that Bowe won't stand for another year of Cassel.

Messier
01-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Then Harry responds with the data:

Cassel has the lowest yards per attempt and second lowest completion percentage of any QB in the league the last 3 years.

I'm telling you, directly attacking Cassel will cause Pioli to defend him stronger.

Pioli responds: Jack, I know a lot of fans want a QB with the best stats, and the most yards and TDs, but all I care about is wins, and leadership. Matt is a leader, and he has won for us.

BossChief
01-12-2012, 01:37 PM
It's crazy to know that Hack Harry is the ONLY KC media person that asks the real questions.

I wish he would have followed up in the quarterback questions a little more.

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Let's just say Pioli faps to a fathead of RGIII every morning, it wouldn't make much sense from a negotiating standpoint to come out and admit he would give multiple firsts for him. Why would he do that?

FTR, I don't think he'll trade up to get him, but even if he would it wouldn't change his answer to that question.

Titty Meat
01-12-2012, 01:39 PM
I don't know what people expect Pioli to say. "Yeah Matt Cassel sucks" and "You know Jack if Griffin slides a bit i'm more than willing to trade these draft picks for Griffin". It's just like the safeties comment he made to King that people took and ran with. In the end it might have helped us land Berry.

Amnorix
01-12-2012, 01:40 PM
In a surprising development, Scott Pioli met with this reporter and candidly expressed the team's disappointment at the development of presumed starting quarterback Matt Cassel and how the team desperately needs to move in a new direction to, as he said it, "save my ass from getting axed along with every coach, assistant coach and the waterboy come two or three years from now."

"Well," started Pioli, clearly looking for the right words before deciding to let it all hang out, "what can I say? He sucked. You saw it too. Everyone saw it. You think we're fucking blind? It's not like we're thinking we're watching Joe Montana while the fans are watching Ryan Leaf for Chrissakes. We're fucked with that guy. Captain Checkdown ain't gonna win shit in this league. I thought he'd get better, and he did, kind of, but without Moss, Welker and those guys, he can't cut it."

"So yeah, I mean, whaddya think? We need a new quarterback. HAVE to have one," he emphasized, stabbing his chubby finger in my direction. "Whatever it takes. Two firsts, three firsts, my left testicle, whatever. The NFL has our ass in a sling, our nuts in their hands, and they know it."

With that, tears starting to well in his eyes, he walked out.

^ apparently nothing short of this level of publicly stated commitment will satisfy Chiefs' fans that Pioli **might** be looking to upgrade at the QB position.

Messier
01-12-2012, 01:41 PM
The best way to do it is to ask, what do you like about Cassel? He's not the QB with the strongest or most accurate arm in the league, maybe even on his own team. So what are the qualities you see in him?

He'll still give the "intangibles" argument, but he won't be on the defensive.

Micjones
01-12-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm surprised fans are still hoping Pioli will break character and start divulging a bunch of inside information.

We won't know until April what he's going to do with the #1 pick.

Drafting Berry was an atypical Pioli move.
As was drafting Hudson in Round 2 last year.

Being unwilling to trade multiple #1's isn't the same thing as being unwilling to package picks from 1 draft to move up (though that might not do the trick). It's also possible that he drafts Tannehill or Foles. Time will tell.

FringeNC
01-12-2012, 01:45 PM
In a surprising development, Scott Pioli met with this reporter and candidly expressed the team's disappointment at the development of presumed starting quarterback Matt Cassel and how the team desperately needs to move in a new direction to, as he said it, "save my ass from getting axed along with every coach, assistant coach and the waterboy come two or three years from now."

"Well," started Pioli, clearly looking for the right words before deciding to let it all hang out, "what can I say? He sucked. You saw it too. Everyone saw it. You think we're ****ing blind? It's not like we're thinking we're watching Joe Montana while the fans are watching Ryan Leaf for Chrissakes. We're ****ed with that guy. Captain Checkdown ain't gonna win shit in this league. I thought he'd get better, and he did, kind of, but without Moss, Welker and those guys, he can't cut it."

"So yeah, I mean, whaddya think? We need a new quarterback. HAVE to have one," he emphasized, stabbing his chubby finger in my direction. "Whatever it takes. Two firsts, three firsts, my left testicle, whatever. The NFL has our ass in a sling, our nuts in their hands, and they know it."

^ apparently nothing short of this level of publicly stated commitment will satisfy Chiefs' fans that Pioli **might** be looking to upgrade at the QB position.

Matt Cassel needs to be cut. It's simple. He's been the worst starting QB in the league over the last 3 years.

DaWolf
01-12-2012, 02:22 PM

And yet he encouraged his buddy Dimitrioff to do exactly that if he had targeted Julio Jones as the missing piece to Atlanta's puzzle and felt strongly about it.

After reading War Room, I think this: if the Chiefs scouts come to Pioli with a convincing argument that Player X is 100% across the board a player who has everything the team needs and is a player you win a championship with, and if they don't feel even close to strongly about any other player sitting there in their draft position, they will explore making that move.

Pioli knows also that tipping his hand at this point does nothing for him. If he starts talking wishy washy about Cassel and let's the world know that he's angling for a replacement, it gives team B more leverage when talking deal, and gives other teams a heads up as to who they may need to be wary of if they too are looking to trade up.

That said, I don't think Pioli makes this particular move to try and get RG3 because it's going to be really, really expensive and because I'm not sure how sold he is on guys who come from a spread offense, but I also wouldn't put it past us if the guy is somehow available and affordable to trade up and get, and they absolutely love the guy above everyone else...

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Matt Cassel needs to be cut. It's simple. He's been the worst starting QB in the league over the last 3 years.

Since when did they start putting the WORST QB in the league in the Pro Bowl?

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Since when did they start putting the WORST QB in the league in the Pro Bowl?

This is why we'll never get a good QB.

Chiefs fans don't have any idea what a good QB looks like.

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 02:34 PM
This is why we'll never get a good QB.

Chiefs fans don't have any idea what a good QB looks like.

It doesn't matter what the fan sees or thinks he sees.
I don't like Cassel either. I want a different QB. But Cassel is not the worst in the league. He is definitely in the bottum part of the league though. People here think that because they watch him and not all the other 31 QB's in the league.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 02:34 PM
I have to agree with what Keitzman just said.

Pioli told Jack that he didn't come here for a quick fix. He didn't come here to "win 1 Super Bowl".

WHY THE FUCK NOT? We haven't won a PLAYOFF GAME in 18 fucking years. Most of us would sell our firstborn into slavery for ONE Super Bowl win. Who the fuck cares about 2 or 3 or 4. Just get ONE.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 02:35 PM
It doesn't matter what the fan sees or thinks he sees.
I don't like Cassel either. I want a different QB. But Cassel is not the worst in the league. He is definitely in the bottum part of the league though. People here think that because they watch him and not all the other 31 QB's in the league.

He's 31st in the league in yards per attempt over THREE seasons. His QBR is padded by not turning the ball over because he never throws downfield.

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 02:37 PM

Pioli told Jack that he didn't come here for a quick fix. He didn't come here to "win 1 Super Bowl".

WHY THE **** NOT? We haven't won a PLAYOFF GAME in 18 ****ing years. Most of us would sell our firstborn into slavery for ONE Super Bowl win. Who the **** cares about 2 or 3 or 4. Just get ONE.

Wow that sounds like what a virgin would say. I just want one piece of ass. Please just one.

You can have your one. I want multiple over and over again.

HemiEd
01-12-2012, 02:38 PM

Seriously? If so that confirms it, he has had a lobotomy and didn't tell Clark.

BigRichard
01-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Seriously? If so that confirms it, he has had a lobotomy and didn't tell Clark.

Keep reading.

Urc Burry
01-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Really there is not even an argument for not trading up for RG3..

Of our needs the only ones I think we NEED is QB, RT, and NT for next year. Lilja is no stud but I think he is serviceable. Same with Belcher, not a stud but he gets the job done.

Say we trade #1 and #2 this year and a #1 next. We could address a RT in the third and go free agency for a decent NT. Hopefully Powe turns out to be a stud but i'm not banking on it. This is a team built to win now and we are only a QB away in my eyes

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Wow that sounds like what a virgin would say. I just want one piece of ass. Please just one.

You can have your one. I want multiple over and over again.

That's quite possibly the dumbest thing I've seen here since coming back. Congrats.

HemiEd
01-12-2012, 02:44 PM
I agree with you about not letting the rest of the NFL hear what we're thinking, that's just good business.
I also agree that part of FA is retaining your own talent. We've got 2 very big deals to make (Bowe and Carr) before too long. It's been stated that Bowe wants to have someone who can get him the ball on a cosistent basis, so I would image that that issue will be addressed before we get too far along with Bowe. I believe Pioli knows that Bowe won't stand for another year of Cassel.

That shouldn't be asking too much, should it?

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 02:47 PM
That's quite possibly the dumbest thing I've seen here since coming back. Congrats.

Coming back...when did you leave?

To me it is stupid to say you just want to win once.
The Chiefs have already done that. So by what you say you wanted you have already had it. Because you want just one.

Fat Elvis
01-12-2012, 02:47 PM

"Well," started Pioli, clearly looking for the right words before deciding to let it all hang out, "what can I say? He sucked. You saw it too. Everyone saw it. You think we're ****ing blind? It's not like we're thinking we're watching Joe Montana while the fans are watching Ryan Leaf for Chrissakes. We're ****ed with that guy. Captain Checkdown ain't gonna win shit in this league. I thought he'd get better, and he did, kind of, but without Moss, Welker and those guys, he can't cut it."

Soooo, he'd be saying that he was targeting a RT in the draft?

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Coming back...I never left.

I wasn't talking about you.

To me it is stupid to say you just want to win once.

Yeah, it's totally realistic to expect that we go from no playoff wins in 18 years to dynasty. :rolleyes:

The Chiefs have already done that.

ROFL

I'm almost 40 years old and my FATHER was in college the last time they won the Super Bowl.

GTFO.

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 02:57 PM
I wasn't talking about you.

Yeah, it's totally realistic to expect that we go from no playoff wins in 18 years to dynasty. :rolleyes:

ROFL

I'm almost 40 years old and my FATHER was in college the last time they won the Super Bowl.

GTFO.

I want to win multiple championships. I never said that it was going to happen over night. I don't want to win just one and then we don't see another for another 40 or 50 years.

By what you said, "I just want to win one". "Who cares about 2,3, or 4 just get one". You would be happy with just getting 1 every 40 or 50 years.

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 02:59 PM

All I did was change out a piece of ass for SB. You are the one that setup the rest of the situation.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 03:03 PM
You would be happy with just getting 1 every 40 or 50 years.

Yeah I would.

I also wouldn't turn down a million dollars because I wanted 2 or 3 million either.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 03:05 PM
All I did was change out a piece of ass for SB. You are the one that setup the rest of the situation.

All you did was make a completely useless comparison.

Not that I like referring to my wife as a "piece of ass" but that's a daily experience.

I wasn't alive the last time the Chiefs won a SB

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah I would.

I also wouldn't turn down a million dollars because I wanted 2 or 3 million either.

Just 1 SB every 40 or 50 years. That is not good enough for me. No where near good enough.

I wouldn't turn down a milion dollars either, because I could turn that into 2 or 3 mil if I wanted to.

lcarus
01-12-2012, 03:12 PM
If all I had was a slim chance of getting pussy once per year, I'd settle for getting it one time before I worried about any more. Especially if I had the worst case of blue balls for 40 years.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Just 1 SB every 40 or 50 years. That is not good enough for me. No where near good enough.

I wouldn't turn down a milion dollars either, because I could turn that into 2 or 3 mil if I wanted to.

You're just talking pure bullshit.

Ask Colts fans if they're disappointed that Manning only won 1 Super Bowl.

Dumbass.

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 03:17 PM
All you did was make a completely useless comparison.

Not that I like referring to my wife as a "piece of ass" but that's a daily experience.

I wasn't alive the last time the Chiefs won a SB

You totally missed it and it is probably over your head.

I was referring to someone that is wanting something that they have never had. And you just wanting it once to know what it is like.
Where as most of the rest will not be happy with just once.

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 03:20 PM

Dumbass.

I don't give 2 shits about Colts fans but I have a feeling they are highly disappointed that they have only one 1 SB in his career to this point.

I am not talking BS.

Nice you can always tell when someone is defeated. The only come back is an insult or name calling.

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 03:34 PM

Dumbass.

They are.

Not saying I am not dying for the Chiefs to just finally win a fucking Superbowl, but Colts fans I talk to know Manning is once in a generation and a huge opportunity was missed to win multiple SBs.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 03:44 PM
You totally missed it and it is probably over your head.

I was referring to someone that is wanting something that they have never had. And you just wanting it once to know what it is like.
Where as most of the rest will not be happy with just once.

ROFL

You can't get to 2 or 3 Super Bowl wins without winning ONE.

Nowhere did I say I would HATE winning 2 or 3 Super Bowls.

I want to win ONE. Let the chips fall where they may from there.

Good God, are you really that fucking dense?

DaWolf
01-12-2012, 03:44 PM

WHY THE **** NOT? We haven't won a PLAYOFF GAME in 18 ****ing years. Most of us would sell our firstborn into slavery for ONE Super Bowl win. Who the **** cares about 2 or 3 or 4. Just get ONE.

Read more into that comment though, and you can come away with a few assumptions, assuming that you don't look at it with the idea already in mind that Pioli is a complete moron (and I realize many people do, but I'm going with the idea that he is not):

1) He wants to set up a team that will be in a position to compete for championships every year

2) He knows, as does everyone else in the universe, and certainly everyone in the NFL, that the only way you compete for championships every year is to have a franchise QB who will allow you to compete for them every year. You can't name many teams in the NFL that won multiple rings with an average QB, outside of maybe Washington, and New York if you want to count Hostettler's run in the playoffs once Simms got hurt. But that's it. Everyone else was one and done with the average QB at the helm.

3) It stands to reason that he knows, as does everyone else, that Matt Cassel is that middle of the pack guy that you might get at best lucky one year if you have a great team around him, but that's gonna be the extent of it. He took that risk on him knowing his work ethic that he'd be able to bring him here and work hard to develop into one of the better QB's in the league with more PT and practice, but he's 30 now and the ceiling has been reached. This is why we are not hearing anymore the unequivocal "Matt Cassel is our future, he's the guy we're going to look to to get us where we want to go" and instead now are hearing "Well we've got Matt under contract, and we've won games with him and believe we can get back to the playoffs with him." Some people hear that as blindly sticking with Cassel. I hear that as we've got Cassel here and if he's what we have, we'll make due, but we understand what he is and if there is an opportunity staring us in the face where we can clearly upgrade that position, we'll do it.

Problem is the guy has to be available, otherwise we're looking at another year of Cassel and whoever else who we can sign in a market were many teams are looking for a QB. We'll see...

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 03:46 PM
ROFL

You can't get to 2 or 3 Super Bowl wins without winning ONE.

Nowhere did I say I would HATE winning 2 or 3 Super Bowls.

I want to win ONE. Let the chips fall where they may from there.

Good God, are you really that ****ing dense?

I am not dense. You are trying to back up now that you realize how you have made yourself look. You know what you said.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 03:47 PM
1) He wants to set up a team that will be in a position to compete for championships every year

So far he's setup a team that won't be in a position to compete ANY year, so his statement is ridiculous.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 03:48 PM
I am not dense. You are trying to back up now that you realize how you have made yourself look. You know what you said.

ROFL

That's what I said. There's no backing away from it needed.

NJChiefsFan
01-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Doesn't winning a championship make it so they keep their job?

But it can also be more risky. For example, if Pioli cuts ties with Cassel and gives a rookie or Stanzi the keys, it may lead to a SB. It also may lead to 4 win seasons.

I hate Cassel, but we have seen under very favorable circumstances he can get to the playoffs, especially in this division. A GM might be willing to ride that fake success over risking to get to a SB to keep their job. He may not care about having a real chance of winning it all, just winning enough.

That arguement should only cement that Cassel should be out. Even the most favorable thoughts on Cassel would lead to a SB in only a miracle situation of our playoff opponents, defensive play, and a lot of luck from Matt.

If Pioli really is looking for a few championships, not just winning the lottery and stealing one, then Matt should have been out years ago. Matt is the definition of a shorterm plan from a GM.

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 03:53 PM
ROFL

That's what I said. There's no backing away from it needed.

Yeah just get one. Not just get the first one. You can have your one and be happy with that as you have stated you would be over and over.
Myself and others will not be happy with that type of production from this team.

the Talking Can
01-12-2012, 03:57 PM

it hilarious how ass hurt Patriot fans get when anyone dares to run down ex-pat coat tail riders...

and where is that one pats fan who spent 3 years lecturing us about how good Cassel was...justpassinby or something?

when Pioli removes his cock from Cassel's vagina, then I'll believe we're actually not going to line up next year with a worthless piece of shit at QB...until then, Pioli deserves to be harangued for saddling us with said worthless piece of shit QB...

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Yeah just get one. Not just get the first one. You can have your one and be happy with that as you have stated you would be over and over.
Myself and others will not be happy with that type of production from this team.

Except that I didn't say that.

I never said I would be happy with just one.

I said GET one. I don't care about 2 or 3, just get ONE.

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 04:00 PM

You didn't? What is this? This is your response saying you would be happy with just 1 every 40 to 50 years..
Yeah I would.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 04:07 PM
You didn't? What is this? This is your response saying you would be happy with just 1 every 40 to 50 years..

Yep, that's what I said in that 1 post. Of course, you're not looking at it in the context of the entire conversation. But that's not surprising.

BigRichard
01-12-2012, 04:07 PM

Will you guys just whip out your dicks and measure already?

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Will you guys just whip out your dicks and measure already?

When I whip mine out, women pass out. Sorry, can't do it.

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Yep, that's what I said in that 1 post. Of course, you're not looking at it in the context of the entire conversation. But that's not surprising.

Now we are changing it to the entire conversation...
I asked you a direct question. If you would be happy with winning a WB every 40 to 50 years? You answered, Yes I would.
Now you are wanting to change that to the entire conversation where several posts later you said you wouldn't HATE for us to win 2,3, or 4. Then you added that you have to win ONE first.

Easy 6
01-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Which means no Luck or RGIII.

That doesnt ruin my day, but atleast get a guy like Tannehill or anyone else with visible potential to come in here & provide competition for Stanzi.

In a somewhat fitting analogy... its like sales, the more people you talk to, the better your chances of finding a buyer.

Bring in QB's & KEEP bringing them in until a winner is found.

FringeNC
01-12-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm sure this has been mentioned in threads, but in interview today with Adam Schein:

“He’s taken us to the playoffs before and I’m looking forward to Matt taking us to the playoffs again,” said Crennel

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Now we are changing it to the entire conversation...
I asked you a direct question. If you would be happy with winning a WB every 40 to 50 years? You answered, Yes I would.
Now you are wanting to change that to the entire conversation where several posts later you said you wouldn't HATE for us to win 2,3, or 4. Then you added that you have to win ONE first.

Are you serious?

Let's make it clear:

If they win 1 every 40 years, I won't complain. At least, I got to see one.

If they could win more than 1, I'd love it.

But Scott's comment was CLEARLY that he would FOREGO winning one in order to win more than 1. That's not acceptable. You can't win 2 without winning 1. Period.

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 04:20 PM
But Scott's comment was CLEARLY that he would FOREGO winning one in order to win more than 1. That's not acceptable. You can't win 2 without winning 1. Period.

Not acceptable that he wants to win more than one SB? How do you forego winning one when you have to do that before you can win multiple?
He doesn't want to win just one and then not be able to sniff another one for 40 years. I agree with him on that. I want to be a perenial contender.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Not acceptable that he wants to win more than one SB? How do you forego winning one when you have to do that before you can win multiple?
He doesn't want to win just one and then not be able to sniff another one for 40 years. I agree with him on that. I want to be a perenial contender.

Whatever. I give. You win. I'm wrong, I'm an idiot. Fap on.

munkey
01-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Jack Harry's hard to watch...

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Another thing that was amazing was that in the 52 year history of the Chiefs we have never won back to back division championships.

01-12-2012, 04:49 PM

This is exactly what pisses me off about this organization. No killer instinct. NO win at all costs attitude. Just do enough to look kind of competent. Screw the fans.

If Clark keeps Pioli around because we won a shitty division at 10-6 and went one and done again in the playoffs he is confirming he is his fathers son.

Keep coming to those games guys because we have a great mediocre team for you to watch this year.

DeezNutz
01-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Different time, obviously, but the technological advances (access and transmission of news, etc.) make it hard to believe that fans will accept and allow another tenure as long and failed as Carl Peterson's.

Clark may indeed be worthless, but I find it very hard to believe that Pioli isn't on the clock.

O.city
01-12-2012, 04:53 PM
^ What he said.

I think the book has been written on Cassel. Only way Cassel has another good year as a Chief is if he can somehow stay with the franchise until we play the NFC west again.

KCTitus
01-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Luck, RGIII? Meh...everyone here knows that the best QB's are found in the 6th round.

whoman69
01-12-2012, 06:10 PM
When I whip mine out, women pass out. Sorry, can't do it.

Its that ugly?