PDA

View Full Version : Could Luck/RG3 be Manning/Leaf v2?

Bewbies
01-13-2012, 11:00 AM
And if they are who wants to see Indy pull a Sandy Eggo this time around? :thumb:

whoman69
01-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Don't think so. I am less confident in RG3 as a can't miss prospect but I believe both will make it.

Crush
01-14-2012, 08:46 AM
No, RG3 is more mature than Leaf. Leaf's problem was the fact that he was immature cumstain that expected success to come to him.

jspchief
01-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Of course.

Every player has a chance to be the next Leaf.

And to assume Luck can't is naive.

There's a lot of revisionist history about Manning/Leaf. Leaf was a very good prospect. Manning wasn't the clear best choice. Hell, I remember Colts fans booing the choice of Manning over Leaf.

Crush
01-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Of course.

Every player has a chance to be the next Leaf.

And to assume Luck can't is naive.

There's a lot of revisionist history about Manning/Leaf. Leaf was a very good prospect. Manning wasn't the clear best choice. Hell, I remember Colts fans booing the choice of Manning over Leaf.

They maybe the next Leaf in terms of success. However, Leaf didn't himself any favors by walking in like he owned the place and acting like an immature asshole.

RealSNR
01-14-2012, 04:58 PM
The Leaf pick taught coaches a lot about QB evaluation. We'll see QB busts, certainly, but I don't think we'll ever see another Ryan Leaf picked in the top 3.

KC_Lee
01-14-2012, 07:11 PM
The Leaf pick taught coaches a lot about QB evaluation. We'll see QB busts, certainly, but I don't think we'll ever see another Ryan Leaf picked in the top 3.

Vince Young disagrees with you. :thumb:

Bewbies
01-14-2012, 07:26 PM

I agree with this. Did fans know Leaf was a toolbag before he was in SD?

Tribal Warfare
01-14-2012, 07:48 PM

before him it was Jeff George

Chris Meck
01-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Jamarcus Russell anyone?

David Carr, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, Vince Young, etc., etc., etc.

It's absolutely possible the Luck will suck. It's also possible that Griffin will suck. In fact, it might even be 50/50.

You've got to take that chance if you've got it.

We won't get that chance.