PDA

View Full Version : Football Packers will NOT tag Flynn

chiefforlife
01-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Matt Flynn - QB - Packers

Citing league sources, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Packers are "unlikely" to place the franchise tag on impending free agent Matt Flynn.
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and SI's Peter King had previously suggested that franchising Flynn would at least be a consideration for the Packers, in an effort to pull a sign-and-trade deal. Instead, Green Bay's franchise tag figures to be used on Jermichael Finley. This would make Flynn easier for teams like the Seahawks and Redskins to acquire. He isn't going to cost a draft pick.

chiefforlife
01-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Now he wont cost a draft pick, do we look at him?

Titty Meat
Cool should be a little easier to get Griffin.

Okie_Apparition
False title
BAN

Ming the Merciless
01-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Eenteresting.

Kyle DeLexus
Now he wont cost a draft pick, do we look at him?

If you are willing to do what it takes to trade up and get Luck or RGIII no....we should look at him.

-King-
He'll go to the Raiders.

O.city
01-15-2012, 03:26 PM
So Flynn's going somewhere, Manning might be going somewhere. That's two teams out of the race.

Titty Meat
01-15-2012, 03:26 PM
He'll go to the Raiders.

With what money though?

O.city
01-15-2012, 03:27 PM
I think Jason Campbell will go somewhere this offseason as well.

Maybe it could be

Flynn to the Browns
Jcampbell to the Phins
Manning to the SKins.

RGIII falls to KC>

BigMeatballDave
01-15-2012, 03:28 PM
He'll go to the Raiders.

LMAO No. They just traded a 1 and 2 for Palmer. They are stuck.

Messier
01-15-2012, 03:29 PM
He'll go to the Raiders.

Yeah, the hell they will.

L.A. Chieffan
01-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Don't need a qb

-King-
01-15-2012, 03:30 PM
LMAO No. They just traded a 1 and 2 for Palmer. They are stuck.

I don't think Reggie and whatever coach he hires gives 2 fucks about Palmer. Who would?

O.city
01-15-2012, 03:33 PM
I don't think Reggie and whatever coach he hires gives 2 ****s about Palmer. Who would?

Well they still can't go sign Flynn when they have no money.

R8RFAN
Campbell is a free agent, he is gone... Carson will be the man for the next 2 years...

Just don't worry about the Raiders, we are a non factor for now

Extra Point
Yellow and Green Smokescreen. McCarthy is willing to put up the Flynn trade bait; must have fished for a lot of flathead while in Ottawa, and kept sober enough. Flynn has five more years, easy; but, is a team ready to trade away next season's end of year draft?

Rodger's little brother is already in play.

ChiTown
The Chiefs will need to pick up another qb in this offseason to backup Casshole. Can someone please provide a list of quality Arena League qbs available? We'll want to keep Stanzi on the sidelines for at least another year to continue his seasoning........

R8RFAN
01-15-2012, 03:34 PM

Raiders always get who they want, money be damned, you know this

KC_Lee
I think Jason Campbell will go somewhere this offseason as well.

Maybe it could be

Flynn to the Browns
Jcampbell to the Phins
Manning to the SKins.

RGIII falls to KC>

That would be awesome!

RNR
With what money though?

There will be cap space because their will be big changes from the front office down to the players on the field. That said Flynn reminds me of your QB. It is not hard to look great running a great offense~

R8RFAN
The Chiefs will need to pick up another qb in this offseason to backup Casshole. Can someone please provide a list of quality Arena League qbs available? We'll want to keep Stanzi on the sidelines for at least another year to continue his seasoning........

Orton will be available soon

Extra Point
Campbell is a free agent, he is gone... Carson will be the man for the next 2 years...

Just don't worry about the Raiders, we are a non factor for now

Thanks for reality hitting home, money bags. Kindly fuck off.

BigMeatballDave
01-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Why would Flynn go to Oakland and compete with Palmer?

I say no way.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-15-2012, 03:36 PM

I say no way.

Oakland can get out of his deal that wont hurt them.

Bowser
01-15-2012, 03:37 PM
Clements must be the coach we're waiting to talk to. He'll bring Flynn with him.

BigMeatballDave
01-15-2012, 03:37 PM
There will be cap space because their will be big changes from the front office down to the players on the field. That said Flynn reminds me of your QB. It is not hard to look great running a great offense~

Huh? Good QBs make an offense look great.

RNR
01-15-2012, 03:38 PM

I say no way.

I would rather have Palmer, but because McKenze is in charge now people think he will try to bring him along to run the WO~

RNR
Huh? Good QBs make an offense look great.

How did that work out for you guys?

BigMeatballDave
Oakland can get out of his deal that wont hurt them.

And throw away thoes picks? This isn't about money.

O.city
01-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Forgot about Orton.

There will be enough stupid teams to put their money on Orton, Flynn, Campbell, Manning if healthy, any others?

Chance RGIII falls in the draft is increasing.

BigMeatballDave
01-15-2012, 03:39 PM
How did that work out for you guys?

Wtf? LOL

Extra Point
01-15-2012, 03:40 PM

RNR, that's rich! Flynn makes reads. His eyeballs aren't sewn together, like Cassel's. Remember?

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-15-2012, 03:40 PM
And throw away thoes picks? This isn't about money.

I agree but you never know with the new coach.

R8RFAN
01-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Flynn is the same QB as Castle was on the Pats....a good team can make any NFL qb look good

RNR
01-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Wtf? LOL

Your QB looked mighty good running the Patriots offense. Are you slow? why would I need to explain that to you?

R8RFAN
01-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Your QB looked mighty good running the Patriots offense. Are you slow? why would I need to explain that to you?

Explain it to him, he is slow LMAO

Fritz88
01-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Whatever happens, one less team to bid for RGIII's pick.

RNR
RNR, that's rich! Flynn makes reads. His eyeballs aren't sewn together, like Cassel's. Remember?

His eyes looked wide open when he was play in NE. I am just saying running GB's offense is a world away from Oak offense~

BigMeatballDave

I'm sorry. You seem to have mistaken me for someone who gives a shit about the QBs on our roster.

chiefforlife
01-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Flynn didnt just step in to a good offense. He had an ALL TIME record day for Packers QBs, that includes Favre and Rodgers.

480 yards and 6 TDs, without Greg Jennings. Cassel never did that, nor did Cassel win a National championship in College.

R8RFAN
01-15-2012, 03:44 PM
When was the last time the Chiefs traded up high in the draft?

O.city
01-15-2012, 03:45 PM
NE had to change their offense to accomidate Cassel. He took more sacks in one season that Brady takes in 3.

But I do agree that systems make qbs look better than they are sometimes.

R8RFAN
01-15-2012, 03:46 PM
I know for a fact that if I were the Chiefs owner, I could put anybody behind center knowing every week those stands would be full

BigMeatballDave
01-15-2012, 03:46 PM
When was the last time the Chiefs traded up high in the draft?

Moving up 10 spot? Never. Not in the first.

RNR
01-15-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm sorry. You seem to have mistaken me for someone who gives a shit about the QBs on our roster.

No my mistake was responding to someone who clearly is lost in the conversation~

O.city
I know for a fact that if I were the Chiefs owner, I could put anybody behind center knowing every week those stands would be full

Attendance has been at an all time low the past 3 years tho.

But you are pretty much right.

dallaschiefsfan
Redskins: Wait...Shanahan has been there how many years without a push for a legit QB? Campbell, McNabb, Beck and Grossman? Plus, they'll play the "too many holes to fill" card and Shanny thinks he's smart enough to winn with crap. Flynn isn't splashy enough for Snyder to get involved. Manning is a possibility for sure.

Browns: Dictionary definition of the Browns says "inept". Whether it's Carmen Policy or Holmgren, this franchise is doomed...DOOMED. I doubt they make a push. They think they have their future in McCoy...or that he's good enough to build around.

Dolphins: Definitely see them making a run at RG3 or Flynn. Maybe Manning as well if he's not permanently broke.

Seahawks: I'm doubtful they will make ANY smart decisions. I'm guessing they'll sign Jason Campbell or Kyle Orton and Pete Carroll will do what he does so well. Lose in the NFL.

Bottom line...someone is going to be available for the Chiefs...IF THEY WANT A QB. My hunch is that Pioli will find a way to not persue Flynn, Manning or RG3...despite their availability.

R8RFAN
01-15-2012, 03:49 PM

That's what I was thinking... I see the Chiefs making solid picks as they do most years but I will be surprised if they move up to take a bigtime QB prospect...

I have been wrong though, but I need to be convinced

Fritz88
01-15-2012, 03:50 PM

The only constant factor during the many years of this franchise is the ownership. So we know who discourages trading up and hates being bold in the draft.

R8RFAN
01-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Attendance has been at an all time low the past 3 years tho.

But you are pretty much right.

I think the Raiders and Chiefs hate each other so much because they are so much alike it's scary..

Chiefs play it safe and lose
Raiders take chances and lose

O.city
01-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Orton, Flynn, Campbell, Manning are gonna start somewhere.

Miami definately is in the market, but Moore looked pretty good late in the season.

Skins, who knows with Snyder. Maybe Manning goes there.

Browns, will likely take RGIII.

R8RFAN
01-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Orton, Flynn, Campbell, Manning are gonna start somewhere.

Miami definately is in the market, but Moore looked pretty good late in the season.

Skins, who knows with Snyder. Maybe Manning goes there.

Browns, will likely take RGIII.

Chicago would love to have Orton as a backup...

O.city
01-15-2012, 03:54 PM
I think Orton, with his play here in KC, will be able to go somewhere and start.

But Chicago would love to have him I'm sure.

And I actually like the way the Raiders are aggressive. They just make the wrong moves sometimes.

Kyle DeLexus
01-15-2012, 03:55 PM

Really Cassel didn't look that good with the Pats. I was fully against bringing him here because he didn't impress me when he was on a team that went 18-1 the year before. Once he was here I gave him a chance and it turns out he's even worse than I thought.

R8RFAN
01-15-2012, 03:55 PM
I think Orton, with his play here in KC, will be able to go somewhere and start.

And I actually like the way the Raiders are aggressive. They just make the wrong moves sometimes.

Yup they mess up alot... I don't think you are going to see many players on the Raiders roster that are picked for their 40 times alone... I think that's the biggest mistake the Raiders have made

RNR
01-15-2012, 03:56 PM

Things have changed, and will be run much differently~

Caseyguyrr
i see a lot of the system in flynn, so i dont think he'd be a big improvement over cassel

R8RFAN
Really Cassel didn't look that good with the Pats. I was fully against bringing him here because he didn't impress me when he was on a team that went 18-1 the year before. Once he was here I gave him a chance and it turns out he's even worse than I thought.

I wasn't surprised he came here with Pioli here but I was surprised how much money he has....

I still don't think he is as bad as you guys think he is

RNR
01-15-2012, 03:58 PM

Hey Flynn may be a late bloomer and may be the real deal. However every year or so there is a backup that plays well and his stock sky rockets. More often than not they don't live up to the hype~

O.city
01-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Cassel, Kolb etc happens every year.

O.city
01-15-2012, 04:04 PM
And Cassel really is that bad R8ers. He is at the bottom of every statistical category every year he has been here.

More than that, he just doesn't do the little things. Orton moved the protection around, looked off defenders, was accurate and consistent. He did alot of things in 3 games Cassel hasn't done in 3 years.

Kyle DeLexus
01-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Hey Flynn may be a late bloomer and may be the real deal. However every year or so there is a backup that plays well and his stock sky rockets. More often than not they don't live up to the hype~

You are right and I wouldn't sign him for Matt Cassel money, but if the front office knows they aren't going to trade up for one of the top 2 qb's, they should sign Flynn to compete for the starting job next season.

I would like to cut Cassel, sign Flynn, and still try to draft a QB to compete with Flynn and Stanzi.

Messier
01-15-2012, 04:06 PM

I remember hearing that before the 08 season the Pats were always close to cutting Cassel because he was the worst QB in the preseason every year, but when he got in real games he did just enough to keep him around.

Extra Point
01-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Chicago would love to have Orton as a starter...

Fixed your statement. I only see a ballpeen hammer, necessary to fix your post.

O.city
I remember hearing that before the 08 season the Pats were always close to cutting Cassel because he was the worst QB in the preseason every year, but when he got in real games he did just enough to keep him around.

Ironic that he has done the same thing here.

Does just enough to be kept around, gets hurt just at the right time to stick it out.

Chris Meck
So the questions become-
who that's in the QB sweepstakes thinks they can win now with improved QB play? What coaching staff/GM are on the hotseat to produce asap? Who doesn't have time to wait for a rookie to develop?
None of the rookies are going to light it up year one. I mean, Cam Newton bedamned. It just doesn't happen like that, ever.
I think Shanny, Holmgren, and Carroll are your likely veteran/FA QB hunters. Shanahan's too old to want to start over, IMO. Holmgren's likely to think he can fix McCoy faster than he can a rookie, and he'll need to show improvement next season overall or his job will be in jeopardy. Carroll needs to turn it around quick or he's toast. He's got no time to waste.
For the 1st round drafters in front of the Chiefs I think you're looking at Indy and Miami for the most part.

R8RFAN
01-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Fixed your statement. I only see a ballpeen hammer, necessary to fix your post.

Naaa Cutler is their man there

Kyle DeLexus
01-15-2012, 04:12 PM

I'm sure they keep him around because of the leadership and work ethic we are always hearing about, but I doubt he would have been in the NFL the next season if Tommy Brady's knee injury hadn't happened. But thanks to Pollard he is worth millions.

R8RFAN
01-15-2012, 04:15 PM
All I know is the Chiefs have 30 million laying around which would provide an excellent signing bonus to their dream QB if they choose to use it on a F/A

mikey23545
01-15-2012, 04:17 PM

According to R8ers they can just use credit...

Kyle DeLexus
01-15-2012, 04:19 PM
All I know is the Chiefs have 30 million laying around which would provide an excellent signing bonus to their dream QB if they choose to use it on a F/A

The worst part of this post is that their dream QB is probably a F/A(if it's not cassel). I don't know what it will take for this franchise to do what it takes to draft a franchise QB.

R8RFAN
01-15-2012, 04:19 PM
According to R8ers they can just use credit...

You guys say this cap hell shit every year and every year you keep asking how

R8RFAN
01-15-2012, 04:21 PM
The worst part of this post is that their dream QB is probably a F/A(if it's not cassel). I don't know what it will take for this franchise to do what it takes to draft a franchise QB.

That would drive me nuts if I were a Chiefs fan.

Messier
01-15-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm sure they keep him around because of the leadership and work ethic we are always hearing about, but I doubt he would have been in the NFL the next season if Tommy Brady's knee injury hadn't happened. But thanks to Pollard he is worth millions.

I mean, I think Cassel would be a quality back up, but right, if not of that Pollard hit Cassel would still just be backing up in NE or somewhere else. Heck, Pioli might have still brought him here as a back up, he might have been our Palko.

Skyy God
01-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Cassel, Kolb etc happens every year.

Contra, the Packers have had talented backups the last few years (and historically).

Bump
01-15-2012, 04:35 PM
I'll take a chance on Flynn, no problem. We aren't in position to draft a franchise QB. Give him the right type of contract and try him out. Or trade the farm for RG3, I'd be more happy with the later but I'll be pissed if we don't do something.

FringeNC
01-15-2012, 04:35 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204542404577159282301120346.html#printMode

Is It Rodgers, or Just the Packers' System?
By CHRIS HERRING

GREEN BAY, Wis.—People in Wisconsin are still discussing Matt Flynn's Week 17 performance.

"Impressive," Green Bay receiver Greg Jennings said earlier this week of his backup quarterback's New Year's Day display. "I really don't think there's another way to describe it."

Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy went even further, saying Flynn's performance—in which he threw for 480 yards and six touchdowns, setting franchise records—was "clearly one of the best" he'd seen in his nearly 20 years of NFL coaching.

But the breakout game, which occurred while MVP-favorite Aaron Rodgers rested for the playoffs, raises a more interesting question about the Giants' opponent this Sunday: Is Flynn really this good? Or could any half-decent quarterback look like a star in Green Bay's high-powered attack?

After all, the offense has seven players, not including Rodgers, who have either been Pro Bowlers or Pro Bowl alternates at one point or another in their careers.

Flynn said he thought it was a "cop-out" for analysts to question whether his success has stemmed from the Packers' enviable roster. "I've heard the questions before, but a lot of teams run this offense," he said. "Yes, we're fortunate to have the guys we have, but I feel like I've put in a lot of work, and had a lot of time to prepare by sitting behind Aaron to really pick things up."

It would be simple-minded to argue that anyone could lead Green Bay's offense as well. Rodgers just finished what is arguably the greatest statistical season ever for an NFL quarterback and has shown himself to be an elite passer. That he finished with nearly 5,000 yards, the best passer rating (122.5), 46 touchdowns and six interceptions would suggest that he's an enormous difference-maker for what may be the NFL's best offense.

But in stark contrast to what happened to the Colts without Peyton Manning, the Packers didn't miss a beat when Flynn took the reins and they arguably did better offensively with Flynn.

Without question, Flynn has benefited to some extent from the team's wildly successful West Coast scheme, the pass-happy attack that McCarthy has utilized in the past.

The coach, as an assistant with Kansas City and New Orleans, helped engineer seamless transitions from one quarterback to the next—perhaps a sign that his system could, at times, matter more than the person under center. Over a three-year stretch from 1995 to 1997, he found success in Kansas City with Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac and Rich Gannon, each of whom put up solid numbers and winning records.

He also helped develop then-Saints quarterback Aaron Brooks, from 2000 to 2004, into one of the league's more consistent passers. When McCarthy left New Orleans to become San Francisco's offensive coordinator in 2005, the 29-year-old Brooks had his worst season in New Orleans.

McCarthy, asked about the system-versus-quarterback dynamic, praised Flynn before alluding to the talent surrounding him. "The credit always goes to the player, because he's the one performing," he said. "But he's driving a pretty sweet car with a fresh coat of paint. And he's driving it well."

How much he benefits from that talent is what general managers around the league will consider as free agency approaches. Flynn, who was drafted in 2008 and could wind up being franchise-tagged by the Packers, will enter free agency for the first time. Front offices will be forced to gauge whether the 26-year-old, who's only been a starting quarterback for one year since finishing high school, is worth making a franchise quarterback despite barely having played as a pro.

"Absolutely, there's a risk to it. There's not as much film on him as you'd like for someone who you're going to be committing that much money to," said former Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi. He said scouts would be dusting off their pre-draft notes from 2008 and Flynn's film from LSU's national title run that season to get as much information on the seventh-rounder as possible before free agency hits.

Flynn isn't the first quarterback to face the question of how he'd fare somewhere else after limited exposure. And with the exception of Houston's gamble on Matt Schaub, his recent predecessors have yet to fulfill the expectations set before them. Kevin Kolb had logged just seven starts for the Eagles before the Cardinals traded for him and signed him to a five-year, $64 million deal this past offseason. The Chiefs, in 2009, had one whole season to look at New England's Matt Cassel before deciding to trade for him, and then ink him to a $62 million deal.

"There are some All-Star players over there in Green Bay's organization, and [Flynn] is part of a good [offensive] system, so you have to factor all those things in when you make a decision," Accorsi said. "He might be great there in Green Bay, but you have to imagine what he'd look like with the Jaguars."

Write to Chris Herring at chris.herring@wsj.com

RNR
01-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Contra, the Packers have had talented backups the last few years (and historically).

Sort of Rodgers must be what you are talking about as I don't see a bunch of former Packer backups starting. Flynn is 27 and like I said may be the late bloomer real deal. Years ago Rodger Stauhbach (sp) was injured and his backup played an amazing game and was never heard of again. Years back the Bills long time backup lead a record setting playoff comeback when Jim Kelly got hurt. A couple games don't mean shit. There is a reason a guy is not starting most times and after teams see some film it takes a good qb to continue playing at a high level. Look at the fullback in Denver~

O.city
01-15-2012, 04:46 PM
I don't really want Flynn.

I want Luck.

Chiefshrink
01-15-2012, 04:48 PM
And Cassel really is that bad R8ers. He is at the bottom of every statistical category every year he has been here.

More than that, he just doesn't do the little things. Orton moved the protection around, looked off defenders, was accurate and consistent. He did alot of things in 3 games Cassel hasn't done in 3 years.

BINGO !!!

Kyle DeLexus
01-15-2012, 04:49 PM

I want Luck.

Flynn is a FAR less attractive backup option to Luck and RGIII. We likely do not have the GM in place to trade up for one of them so Flynn could be brought in to compete for a job.

Chiefshrink
01-15-2012, 04:49 PM
You are right and I wouldn't sign him for Matt Cassel money, but if the front office knows they aren't going to trade up for one of the top 2 qb's, they should sign Flynn to compete for the starting job next season.

I would like to cut Cassel, sign Flynn, and still try to draft a QB to compete with Flynn and Stanzi.

THIS a 1000x!!!!!

Chiefshrink
01-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Flynn is a FAR less attractive backup option to Luck and RGIII. We likely do not have the GM in place to trade up for one of them so Flynn could be brought in to compete for a job.

Was Flynn a rookie this last season or a 2nd yr player this yr?

Epic Fail 007
01-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Flynn is Cassel,hype dose stupid things to people

Skyy God
01-15-2012, 04:52 PM
Sort of Rodgers must be what you are talking about as I don't see a bunch of former Packer backups starting. Flynn is 27 and like I said may be the late bloomer real deal. Years ago Rodger Stauhbach (sp) was injured and his backup played an amazing game and was never heard of again. Years back the Bills long time backup lead a record setting playoff comeback when Jim Kelly got hurt. A couple games don't mean shit. There is a reason a guy is not starting most times and after teams see some film it takes a good qb to continue playing at a high level. Look at the fullback in Denver~

See Mark Brunell & Matt Hasslebeck.

RNR
01-15-2012, 04:52 PM

He is 27~

O.city
01-15-2012, 04:53 PM
The Chiefs are gonna trade up and draft Luck.

Reenergize the fanbase, increase season tickets. Something that needs to be done iwth all the shit going on about Pioli, er Scott.

Chiefshrink
Flynn to me is not afraid to make mistakes unlike Cassel who ends up making more. I have watched Flynn several times and like the way he is not afraid of pulling the trigger. Very much iike Fitzpatrick.

Kyle DeLexus

He was a 7th rounder in the 2008 draft. He's not young by any means, but bringing him in would be trying something.

Extra Point
01-15-2012, 04:54 PM
THIS a 1000x!!!!!

Your Jar Jar Binx impression is for shit. Please don'ta post as a drunk as we is.

RNR
01-15-2012, 04:56 PM
See Mark Brunell & Matt Hasslebeck.

True and to be honest they slipped my mind. That said I still view a 27 year old backup with a couple great game the same way. Heck with Oakland's new GM I may very well e doubting Oakland's next QB~

Extra Point
01-15-2012, 04:57 PM
He was a 7th rounder in the 2008 draft. He's not young by any means, but bringing him in would be trying something.

Yeah, three years ago. I'd rather go with Orton. I was on the Flynn bandwagon, when he was w/ LSU, but a cast-off subtier or late-round draft QB is more valuable.

(Maybe this will bring Hamas from out of the baseboard.)

Chris Meck
01-15-2012, 04:58 PM

I want Luck.

But there is a zero percent chance of this.

Chiefshrink
01-15-2012, 04:59 PM

No one can guarantee Luck or RGIII or Flynn's future success as a legit starter in the NFL.

So you would rather go brand new as opposed to somewhat proven experience in the NFL is what I am reading from you?

O.city
01-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Nope we are getting Luck or RGIII.

Here is whats going down.

Miami will sign Orton this offseason to be the quarterback.
THe Skins will sign Manning who will be cut by the Colts, who will draft Luck
The Browns will sign Matt Flynn.

We win the cointoss and get ahead of the seahawks and take RGIII.

Kyle DeLexus
01-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Yeah, three years ago. I'd rather go with Orton. I was on the Flynn bandwagon, when he was w/ LSU, but a cast-off subtier or late-round draft QB is more valuable.

It's not an either or thing. In all honest, we should have 2 QB spots to fill this offseason (probably won't since the FO loves Cassel). I'd rather go the unknown route that might have potential, than the known slight upgrade option.

Chiefshrink
01-15-2012, 05:02 PM

Yes, actual direct competition for the first time for Cassel.:thumb:

Messier
01-15-2012, 05:03 PM

he's the round and age the Chiefs like their QBs

Chiefshrink
01-15-2012, 05:03 PM

I would rather go with Orton or Flynn at this point.

O.city
01-15-2012, 05:52 PM
I'd rather sign Orton over Flynn.

Of course I think the Chiefs are gonna make a huge splash with the qb position this offseason and get very "Lucky"

Bewbies
01-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Maybe Flynn and Orton will take 2 of the 3 teams ahead of us out of RG3 contention....

Be nice if we only had to trade up to 4-6 or something instead of 2.

O.city
01-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Maybe Flynn and Orton will take 2 of the 3 teams ahead of us out of RG3 contention....

Be nice if we only had to trade up to 4-6 or something instead of 2.

See my posts breaking this down.

beach tribe
01-15-2012, 06:13 PM
:facepalm:Don't need a qb

Yeah, we need more sub 100 yard passing games next season.

Bowser
01-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Do you know what else the Packers won't do? Beat the Giants at home inthe playoffs. Again.

-King-
01-15-2012, 06:15 PM
:facepalm:

He's trolling.

BigMeatballDave
01-15-2012, 06:15 PM
:facepalm:

LMAO

LAChieffan: best troller ever

R8RFAN
01-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Do you know what else the Packers won't do? Beat the Giants at home inthe playoffs. Again.

Hope you are right, the Raiders need some coaches:thumb:

KC_Lee
01-15-2012, 06:19 PM
LMAO

LAChieffan: best troller ever

I'll give credit where it's due, he knows what button to push.

morphius
01-15-2012, 06:25 PM
I can't believe how much people are overrating Orton here. If he was that good he wouldn't have sat as a FA for any time at all this season. Nobody is going to rush out to sign him as their starter, much less sign him when they have a chance to take a young QB in the beginning of the first round.

O.city
01-15-2012, 06:27 PM
I can't believe how much people are overrating Orton here. If he was that good he wouldn't have sat as a FA for any time at all this season. Nobody is going to rush out to sign him as their starter, much less sign him when they have a chance to take a young QB in the beginning of the first round.

Sat as a FA? When did he do that?

RNR
01-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Hope you are right, the Raiders need some coaches:thumb:

No shit let the recruiting begin ;)

R8RFAN
01-15-2012, 06:36 PM
No shit let the recruiting begin ;)

Let's just call it pillaging :thumb:

RNR
01-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Let's just call it pillaging :thumb:

LMAO

petegz28
01-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Do not bring this guy in unless it is on the cheap...one game against a team who had no film on him..and a Gunther defense....sounds too much like a fluke to me

Titty Meat
01-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Do not bring this guy in unless it is on the cheap...one game against a team who had no film on him..and a Gunther defense....sounds too much like a fluke to me

What about the last 4 years when their offense was ranked #1?

morphius
01-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Sat as a FA? When did he do that?
I didn't realize we picked him up on waivers. That being said, pretty much every team below us probably had a chance to get him for nothing. But sure, they'll want the QB that did nothing but lose with the Bronco's and helped us average 13 points a game for 3 games.

milkman
01-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Flynn to me is not afraid to make mistakes unlike Cassel who ends up making more. I have watched Flynn several times and like the way he is not afraid of pulling the trigger. Very much iike Fitzpatrick.

Flyn has started 2 games in the last 2 seasons, and has thrown a total of 17 passes in the NFL other than those 2 starts, and you've watched him several times?

Setsuna
01-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Flynn is coming to the Broncos.

RNR
01-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Flyn has started 2 games in the last 2 seasons, and has thrown a total of 17 passes in the NFL other than those 2 starts, and you've watched him several times?

I was going to call him out on that but did not bother to~

morphius
01-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Maybe preseason?

petegz28
01-15-2012, 07:03 PM
What about the last 4 years when their offense was ranked #1?

What does that have to do with Flynn?

RNR
01-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Maybe preseason?

Well if that is the case than he still has very little information on him~

milkman
01-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Maybe preseason?

Well hell, let's sign Stephen McGhee then.

He's the most awesome preseason QB I've watched in the last 4 years.

keg in kc
01-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Why in the world would they?

-King-
01-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Why in the world would they?

Same reason the Pats franchised Matt Cassel.

Titty Meat
01-15-2012, 07:08 PM
What does that have to do with Flynn?

Whoops i'm in the wrong thread thought we were talking about Clements.

ChiefsCountry
01-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Let Cleveland, Seattle, Miami or Washington make the mistake with Flynn.

O.city
01-15-2012, 07:24 PM

This is how I feel.

I think Seattle will stick with whats his face.

Otter
01-15-2012, 07:42 PM
I could understand why so many of you would want to get Flynn. It's not like this hasn't worked out for 40+ years almost.

Wow, it's like you weren't even paying attention. Very good Chiefs fans.

FloridaMan88
01-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Flynn has the same profile as Cassel... 7th round draft pick who looked good in limited playing time (more limited than Cassel when he was in New England) with a very good offense.

NO to Flynn.

O.city
01-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Flynn has the same profile as Cassel... 7th round draft pick who looked good in limited playing time (more limited than Cassel when he was in New England) with a very good offense.

NO to Flynn.

For once I agree with this.

evolve27
01-15-2012, 08:58 PM

NO to Flynn.

But here’s the irony: his profile is an awful lot like Matt Cassel’s was three years ago. Both are career backups to Hall of Famers. Both have benefitted from being in wildly successful systems. Flynn will be 27 when the season begins, just like Cassel was when he began with the Chiefs.

~Sam Mellinger

Quesadilla Joe
01-15-2012, 09:20 PM
As a Chiefs fan, I hope horsface gives Flynn a lot of money and gives up on Tebow. Tebow is going to be scary good.

O.city
01-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Yeah Tebow probably will be good next year when he has a few red zone packages in Jacksonville.

RealSNR
01-16-2012, 01:01 AM
When was the last time the Chiefs traded up high in the draft?We traded up two picks to select Ryan Sims once.

Does that count?

RealSNR
01-16-2012, 01:02 AM
As a Chiefs fan, I hope horsface gives Flynn a lot of money and gives up on God's anointed NFL disciple. God's anointed NFL disciple is going to be scary good.LMAO You're good. Quite good.

WildTurkey
01-16-2012, 01:04 AM
We traded up two picks to select Ryan Sims once.

Does that count?

Yeah we stuck it the Vikings with that one :banghead:

BossChief
01-16-2012, 01:29 AM
I'd take Flynn in one scenario.

He is signed to a 2 year/12 million dollar contract MAX and Tom Clements comes along as the OC.

Whoever comes in as OC will be installing his own offense and Flynn would be part of that installation.

Do that, move down in the draft hopefully add some ammo for a move next year if Flynn isn't working out and draft some linemen.

I wouldn't be as pissed if we went in that direction as I was with Cassel/Grbac/etc type moves in the past.

Just don't hand the guy a 60 million dollar contract, either.

Chiefshrink
01-16-2012, 01:29 AM

I watch a lot of pre-season and especially the Packers on NFL network. And I liked the way he QB'd on top of his 2 NFL starts. He's got moxy.

WildTurkey
01-16-2012, 01:32 AM

He is signed to a 2 year/12 million dollar contract MAX and Tom Clements comes along as the OC.

Whoever comes in as OC will be installing his own offense and Flynn would be part of that installation.

Do that, move down in the draft hopefully add some ammo for a move next year if Flynn isn't working out and draft some linemen.

I wouldn't be as pissed if we went in that direction as I was with Cassel/Grbac/etc type moves in the past.

Would be a good move considering our options but it makes way too much sense for the Chiefs to pull off

BossChief
01-16-2012, 01:37 AM
I never was a supporter of the Cassel situation, but giving him that contract was what sent me over the edge and got mad.

Please, not again.

DaKCMan AP
01-16-2012, 07:33 AM

I never was a supporter of the Cassel situation, but giving him that contract was what sent me over the edge and got mad.

Please, not again.

These.

Flynn wasn't even good in college. He was on an all-world LSU team that won the National Championship and he held back the offense.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-01-2012, 02:55 PM
evansilvaEvan Silva
Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel confirms #Packers will not franchise tag Matt Flynn. Flynn will hit UFA market on March 13. http://is.gd/Dr6yVH

Bump
02-01-2012, 03:53 PM
SIGN HIM UP
SIGN HIM UP

FOR FUCKS SAKES SIGN HIM UP

We just better not plan to go with Cassel. I'll be ok with Orton, but I'd love to take a chance on Flynn since we will no chance at a first round pick. Pioli better not fuck it up.

Valiant
02-01-2012, 04:00 PM
No. Idiotli would just give him a 5 year 75mil contract before preseason and then have no competition for him at camp.

The Franchise
02-01-2012, 04:02 PM
He's either going to Cleveland or Miami.

Frosty
02-01-2012, 04:06 PM
He's either going to Cleveland or Miami.

I'm guessing it will Miami with Philbin.

HemiEd
02-01-2012, 04:11 PM
He'll go to the Raiders.

I hope they give up a couple more firsts for him.

Epic Fail 007
02-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Flynn is Cassel,Cassel is Flynn don`t buy the hype

Setsuna
02-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Flynn is 27. Might as well draft Weeden in the 3rd round after you trade down for a late first and two 2nd rounders.

MIAdragon
02-01-2012, 05:14 PM
No. Idiotli would just give him a 5 yeat 75mil contract before preseason and then have no competition for him at camp.

Welcome to Washington Mr. Flynn.

whoman69
02-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Flynn is 27. Might as well draft Weeden in the 3rd round after you trade down for a late first and two 2nd rounders.

Trading down isn't as easy as snapping your fingers despite what you're trying to sell. Besides, we have needs that can be filled by a pick at #12 that won't be there at the end of the round. Weeden is a rookie while Flynn has 4 years in the league and a couple of starts. Not even close to being equal.

jd1020
02-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Welcome to Washington Mr. Flynn.

Is Washington going to pass on RG3?

whoman69
02-01-2012, 05:20 PM

The your scenario is done because the Packers are likely to make Clements their OC. I also don't think based on what Kolb got that your deal is likely to hit either.

whoman69
02-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Flynn is Cassel,Cassel is Flynn don`t buy the hype

Cassel = proven fail, but Flynn has not

Okie_Apparition
02-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Flynn, Orton, Campbell
so much to choose from -edit: overpay for

prhom
02-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Flynn, Orton, Campbell
so much to choose from -edit: overpay for

I'm not against overpaying for a qb as long as we don't crown them our QBOTF before they've started a game for us. I didn't watch Flynn play this year and can't say he's the answer but if we've decided that drafting a qb is not going to happen then we could do a lot worse.