PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I was finally going to retire from the AF this year but my ole lady gave me a reason

Red Dawg
01-16-2012, 04:05 AM
not to.

She said no. LOL

On a side note: Kuwait sucks and I'm ready to go. 50 days and counting.

Phobia
01-16-2012, 04:09 AM
I want to go back to Kuwait on vacation one day. Hang in there, bud. Anything <60 days and a wakeup goes pretty fast. You'll be home before Spring.

Fritz88
01-16-2012, 04:22 AM
I want to go back to Kuwait on vacation one day. Hang in there, bud. Anything <60 days and a wakeup goes pretty fast. You'll be home before Spring.

I assume you've been there before.

When and how was it?

Did you drop by Saudi while you were there?
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
01-16-2012, 04:32 AM
I assume you've been there before.

When and how was it?

Did you drop by Saudi while you were there?
Posted via Mobile Device

Was there in 91. Iraqis destroyed Kuwait. I want to see her in her restored glory. I can imagine a very pretty Kuwait City. It was surprisingly Westernized. Didn't see much of Saudi except for desert. 1991 had record rainfalls and cold weather. The desert had a green blanket you couldn't see by looking down but if you looked over the horizon there was green everywhere.

Fritz88
01-16-2012, 04:41 AM
Was there in 91. Iraqis destroyed Kuwait. I want to see her in her restored glory. I can imagine a very pretty Kuwait City. It was surprisingly Westernized. Didn't see much of Saudi except for desert. 1991 had record rainfalls and cold weather. The desert had a green blanket you couldn't see by looking down but if you looked over the horizon there was green everywhere.

You are right. They burned the city down. I went there before the war, right after it and recently.

It is much better now. They are heading in the right direction, albeit slowly, to a constitutional monarchy.

No more rain now. Its been the worst in many decades in the region.

If you ever swing by there, let me know. I am near.
Posted via Mobile Device

SCTrojan
01-16-2012, 05:26 AM
On a side note: Kuwait sucks and I'm ready to go. 50 days and counting.

All downhill now. The parts I've seen of Kuwait make me agree with your assessment. Arifjan, Ali al Salem - which I swear is Arabic for "where hope goes to die" - if I never see those places again, I'll be a happy man

Otter
01-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Not that I have any idea what I'm talking about but it sounds like as far is the ME goes you don't have it too bad.

Good luck, give 'em hell, and if worse comes to worse, tell the old lady to pound sand.

:D

TimeForWasp
01-16-2012, 07:57 AM
One of my biggest regrets is not staying in the Air Force to get full retirement.

JohninGpt
01-16-2012, 08:09 AM
I retired at 20, but I wish I would have stayed longer. It's tough out here. Hang in there, get as much retirement as you can.

Buehler445
01-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Hang in there bud.

I appreciate your service.

Iowanian
01-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess" Will you marry me?" The Princess said HELL NO!!. And the Prince lived happily ever after and:
He road motorcycles and fornicated with skinny big- titty broads, hunted and went fishing and played golf, raced cars, went to naked bars ,dated women half his age, drank whiskey, beer and Captain Morgan, never heard bitching, never paid child support or alimony,
ate pussies, ass-****ed cheerleaders,kept his house and guns, never got cheated on while he was at work, all his friends and family thought he was ****ing cool as hell had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up

..... and lived happily ever after.
The end.

BigRedChief
01-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Most of the techs I've hired recently that were working in Kuwait are happy to have got the fuck out.

JohninGpt
01-16-2012, 10:12 AM
All downhill now. The parts I've seen of Kuwait make me agree with your assessment. Arifjan, Ali al Salem - which I swear is Arabic for "where hope goes to die" - if I never see those places again, I'll be a happy man

I stayed at Ali Al Saleem for a short time at either end of an Iraq deployment in 2004-2005. It sucked on the way in, but after a deployment living in Ramadi I was damn glad to see it on the way out.

Arifjan was a deluxe resort compared to Ali Al Saleem.

tredadda
01-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Kuwait aint that bad. But then again I was only there for quick pit stops heading to or from Iraq. Although I have yet to see Afghanistan (hoping to after I finish out my recruiting assignment), I have plenty of friends who have and Kuwait is freaking Johnson County, KS compared to the 'Stan.

Setsuna
01-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Thank you for your selfless service.

MIAdragon
01-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess" Will you marry me?" The Princess said HELL NO!!. And the Prince lived happily ever after and:
He road motorcycles and fornicated with skinny big- titty broads, hunted and went fishing and played golf, raced cars, went to naked bars ,dated women half his age, drank whiskey, beer and Captain Morgan, never heard bitching, never paid child support or alimony,
ate pussies, ass-****ed cheerleaders,kept his house and guns, never got cheated on while he was at work, all his friends and family thought he was ****ing cool as hell had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up

..... and lived happily ever after.
The end.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

SCTrojan
01-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Kuwait aint that bad. But then again I was only there for quick pit stops heading to or from Iraq. Although I have yet to see Afghanistan (hoping to after I finish out my recruiting assignment), I have plenty of friends who have and Kuwait is freaking Johnson County, KS compared to the 'Stan.

Afghanistan is the pit of pits. Only spent a month there and I thought Baghdad was Johnson County compared to that place.

SCTrojan
01-16-2012, 11:44 AM
I stayed at Ali Al Saleem for a short time at either end of an Iraq deployment in 2004-2005. It sucked on the way in, but after a deployment living in Ramadi I was damn glad to see it on the way out.

Arifjan was a deluxe resort compared to Ali Al Saleem.

Spent more time in Ali than I care to admit. It's true that it's way more tolerable on the way home than it is on the way in.

BigRedChief
01-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Thank you for your selfless service.This! :thumb:

Real life heroes. Selfless service to your country and community is one of the highest noble acts we are capable of chosing. A choice worthy of praise and :clap:.