PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Clash of the Sitcoms: Round 1, Heat 8.

Rain Man
01-16-2012, 10:39 AM
By the way, I think we'll have 25 or 26 heats in the first round in case you're wondering.

Rain Man
01-16-2012, 10:45 AM
My thoughts:

1. Hogan's Heroes. I'm a sucker for WWII comedy, and putting it in a prisoner of war camp is just a bonus. This is an iconic show.

2. Parks and Recreation. I don't get to watch it much, but whenever I see it I find it very funny. Truthfully, it's a better show than Hogan's Heroes, but it's Round 1 and I have to nod to my heritage.

3. Get Smart. I loved this show as a child. Loved it. It was almost up there with Gilligan's Island. But wow, it does not age well.

Didn't make the cut:

4. Two Broke Girls. I wanted to like this show, primarily because the two stars are pretty easy on the eyes. But I saw one episode and the brunette girl's character is the most cardboard, stiff, stereotypical character ever. She's so predictable that I can say her lines before she says them. The show also aims low on the humor scale. Honestly, based on the one episode I saw, it's terrible other than the blonde girl's character.

5. Who's The Boss? Never saw it, likely never will. It might be above Two Broke Girls in terms of quality, but it doesn't offer as much visual candy.

Predarat
01-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Parks and Recreation definately in, its a great up and coming show with a lot of potential, its actually gaining some of its potential after going to full time. Two Broke Girls is out, tried it but too many other options to watch. So its up to 2 out of the other three, all solid shows.

kc rush
01-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Hogans Heroes and P&R

loochy
01-16-2012, 11:37 AM
young alyssa milano FTW

http://thegossipempire.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/child-actress01b.jpg

Rain Man
01-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Wow. This heat is going very differently than I expected. I had no idea that Who's The Boss would get so much support, and expected to see Parks and Rec bolt out to a big lead. I guess that's why we play the games.

Omaha
01-16-2012, 12:06 PM
I loved Who's the Boss when I was a kid... mostly for Alyssa Milano.

mikey23545
01-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Hogan's Heroes is my only choice with Get Smart and Who's The Boss just missing the cut.

Thig Lyfe
01-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Parks and Rec wins easily. Hogan's Heroes is severely underrated. And Get Smart is Mel Brooks and Buck Henry, so, duh.

Otter
01-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Who's the boss over hogans Heros? I'm not a proud planeteer right now.

loochy
Wow. This heat is going very differently than I expected. I had no idea that Who's The Boss would get so much support, and expected to see Parks and Rec bolt out to a big lead. I guess that's why we play the games.

Dude I'm with Omaha...Who's the Boss was awesome and I had a super crush on young Alyssa Milano. I recognized that talent long ago.

gblowfish
Bob Crane was really handy with a camcorder.

Thig Lyfe
01-16-2012, 12:33 PM
FUCK SOMEBODY VOTE FOR PARKS AND REC

TimeForWasp
01-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Hogans Heroes should be the winner, I should have only picked one.

DaKCMan AP
01-16-2012, 12:37 PM
yum + LOL

http://images.zap2it.com/images/tv-EP01419872/2-broke-girls-beth-behrs-2.jpg

http://www.nbc.com/parks-and-recreation/exclusives/wallpapers/ParksAndRecreation-2-1024x768.jpg

patteeu
01-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Hogan's Heroes was a great show. It's my favorite in this heat by far.

Get Smart was a favorite as a kid. It probably doesn't deserve a vote from the adult me (for the same reason I snubbed Gilligan and Beaver), but I haven't ever tried to watch it as an adult so for all I know it might be just as good as I remember it being.

I suspect I would have voted for Parks and Rec if I'd ever watched it because I've heard many good things, but I haven't, so I couldn't.

Who's the Boss' only redeeming feature was it's appeal to audiophiles. Personally, I didn't even notice that Alyssa Milano was super hot until the day she turned 18.

Two Broke Girls has a couple of cute girls on the advertisements, but I've never seen the show.

Thig Lyfe
01-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Fuck Tony Danza

Deberg_1990
01-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Whos the Boss? Really?
Posted via Mobile Device

AndChiefs
01-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Hogans heroes ftw.

HemiEd
01-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Hogans Heroes was a staple for a long time. Get Smart was actually very corny, but kind of fun.

Two broke girls started out good, but it is already played out IMO. They have resorted to just getting more crude and vulgar instead of new content.

Caseyguyrr
01-16-2012, 01:39 PM
2 broke girls is the worst show on tv

HemiEd
01-16-2012, 01:51 PM

I am scratching my head trying to think of one worse, but I can't think of any. I don't watch all the shows though. :D

patteeu
01-16-2012, 01:53 PM
I am scratching my head trying to think of one worse, but I can't think of any. I don't watch all the shows though. :D

Is that show with John Belushi's little brother still on? Or the one with George Lopez?

Rain Man
01-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Is that show with John Belushi's little brother still on? Or the one with George Lopez?

Those are some good nominees for a worst-show tournament.

George Lopez is painful to watch, either in his sitcom or on his talk show. I swear that any ratings those shows get are completely due to people staring at them like they're a car wreck.

DaKCMan AP
01-16-2012, 02:05 PM

Hot chicks with crude & vulgar jokes = win. It's currently the #3 rated sitcom.

cdcox
01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
I voted for Hogan's Heros and Get Smart.

I seldom watch shows in their first run, so I've never seen Parks and Rec. The only current sitcom that I am watching is How I Met Your Mother. We started watching reruns back in the summer and started watching the current episodes this fall. Other sitcoms that I tried this fall were Whitney and Up All Night, which both reminded me why I don't watch sitcoms during their first run. We were going to give The Office a try (I've enjoyed the few random episodes I've seen) but when I went to get it at the video store, I accidentally picked up the British version, and haven't gotten around to it again. So a lot of these sitcoms I have never seen before.

Frazod
01-16-2012, 02:29 PM
I don't think Hogan's Heroes gets much air time anymore. A couple of weeks ago I made a Sergeant Schultz reference and one of the 20-something attorneys looked at me like I was crazy. Had never heard of the show, Bob Crane, anything. Didn't even know who Richard Dawson was.

Rain Man
01-16-2012, 02:33 PM
I don't think Hogan's Heroes gets much air time anymore. A couple of weeks ago I made a Sergeant Schultz reference and one of the 20-something attorneys looked at me like I was crazy. Had never heard of the show, Bob Crane, anything. Didn't even know who Richard Dawson was.

Not even Larry Hovis? Did you ask him about Larry Hovis?

Rain Man
01-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Who's the Boss has dropped from first place to a fingertip grip on third place. This is quite the turn of events. Will it manage to hold off Parks and Rec?

MoreLemonPledge
01-16-2012, 03:11 PM
ANGELA!

/tonydanza

Ebolapox
01-16-2012, 05:03 PM
there are only two reasons I'd vote for two broke girls...

I would do TERRIBLE, filthy things to kat dennings. DAMN, girl!

dilligaf
01-16-2012, 06:06 PM
there are only two reasons I'd vote for two broke girls...

I would do TERRIBLE, filthy things to kat dennings. DAMN, girl!

She is very hot! But this show is terrible...just terrible.

cardken
01-16-2012, 06:22 PM
I literally watch "Broke Girls" just to see Beth Behrs Legs, amazing. And Rashada Jones on Park and Rec.

Rain Man
01-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Wow. In a stunning collapse a la the Marty-era Chiefs, Who's the Boss drops from first place to a first-round elimination. The drama was gripping as it was passed by the lockstep twins of Get Smart and Hogan's Heroes, and then slowly, inexorably wrestled into submission by Parks and Rec.

Moving on: Get Smart, Hogan's Heroes, and Parks and Recreation.