PDA

View Full Version : Brock Osweiler

Mr_Tomahawk
01-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Brock Osweiler

6'-8" 240lbs

Pros–Pretty strong arm…fantastic athlete…former basketball star (turned down scholarship to Gonzaga) who has good footwork and knows how to avoid the rush… keeps his eyes downfield…gamer mentality…seems to have control of the huddle…plays under Dennis Erickson, some of the best coaching in the country (same throwing coach as Tim Tebow)…good touch on his passes…can make all the throws

Cons–Not many players with his height play QB in the NFL, doesn’t mean he can’t be the first…still very raw and inexperienced…lots of growing pains yet to go through…playing in Pac 12 which is not exactly a defensive powerhouse conference…slightly awkward delivery which doesn’t hinder him because of his height, but is awkward nonetheless…throws a few more interceptions than you’d like…needs more time to learn how to effectively read through progressions

Player comparision--Potentially bigger Philip Rivers

Thoughts
Osweiler is a very talented quarterback prospect with unusual size. He has really come on this year. He throws a few more interceptions than you would like, but all the talent is there. It’s likely he returns for another year because of all the competition ahead of him and because he still has a lot of room to grow, but if he does declare his unique potential could be cause enough for some team to draft him. A comparision you see thrown out there a lot is Ryan Mallett, but he doesn’t have Mallett’s “character concerns”.

http://nflmocks.com/2011/10/22/brock-osweiler-scouting-report-qb-asu/

----------------------

Kevin Weidl @Kevin_Weidl
Extremely impressed with Osweiler's tape. A lot of tools to work with and a competitor. Stock could rise moving further into the process.
Retweeted by Evan Silva

Mr_Tomahawk
01-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Todd McShay @McShay13
@Kevin_Weidl momentum building for Osweiler as a late-first round grade after 3 tapes studied. Maybe 3rd QB after Luck, RGIII?

Willie Lanier
01-18-2012, 07:07 PM
I saw some of his games this year, he has a good arm and looks the part, but at times looks completely lost.. Guess the same could be said for many prospects, but I don't want him any earlier than the 3rd, JMO

O.city
01-18-2012, 07:08 PM
He seems like an interesting prospect.

Maybe, one of these times a guy like this will work out for hte Chiefs.

whoman69
01-18-2012, 07:40 PM
If he doesn't hit it at QB, they can try him at TE.

Nightfyre
01-18-2012, 09:19 PM
He's definitely got the goods. It would be good to see a montana boy make it big.

Saul Good
01-18-2012, 09:32 PM
If he's there in the second, I would take him.

Ebolapox
01-18-2012, 09:35 PM
reminds me a bit of dan mcgwire.

Urc Burry
01-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Ummmm... not impressed
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uc_j2b_7lPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direckshun
01-18-2012, 09:52 PM
He's going to need like three years on the bench before you can even put him on the field.

You will have to teach him how to throw the ball almost from scratch, his windup takes like five minutes.

aturnis
01-19-2012, 12:21 AM
Ummmm... not impressed
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uc_j2b_7lPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

VERY unimpressed.

KCrockaholic
01-19-2012, 01:26 AM
People are going to fall in love with his Missouri game tape. He was just ON during that game. He's extremely raw. But he has tools to work with.

veist
01-19-2012, 02:18 AM
He's going to need like three years on the bench before you can even put him on the field.

You will have to teach him how to throw the ball almost from scratch, his windup takes like five minutes.

This is pretty accurate, he may go late in the first if someone falls in love with his measurables but he's pretty much as raw as it gets. Probably the main reason he came out is Landry Jones and Matt Barkley both staying made the second tier of QBs behind RG3 and Luck wide open.

KCUnited
01-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Roy Hobbs had a more efficient wide up than this guy.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Evan Silva @evansilva
Todd McShay on #ArizonaSt QB Brock Osweiler: "More tape I've watched, more impressed I am. Unbelievable tools. Could move into late 1st rd."

Dayze
01-19-2012, 09:06 AM
his release looks like a combination of VY and Rivers....

...hard to believe he would be a slotted as a late 1st rounder though.

htismaqe
01-19-2012, 09:11 AM
If McShay loves him, he should be avoided. ROFL

Direckshun
01-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Seriously, if a team takes him in the first, they should just pick up their franchise and move to Mexico City.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Evan Silva @evansilva
ESPN's Todd McShay on #ArizonaSt QB Brock Osweiler: "Rifle arm & accurate. A guy who could move up significantly as we inch toward draft."

htismaqe
01-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Evan Silva @evansilva
ESPN's Todd McShay on #ArizonaSt QB Brock Osweiler: "Rifle arm & accurate. A guy who could move up significantly as we inch toward draft."

Evan Silva @evansilva
ESPN's Todd McShay on #ArizonaSt QB Brock Osweiler: "God he's cute. I want to have his babies!"

Direckshun
01-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Evan Silva @evansilva
ESPN's Todd McShay on #ArizonaSt QB Brock Osweiler: "God he's cute. I want to have his babies!"

Evan Silva @evansilva
ESPN's Todd McShay on #ArizonaSt QB Brock Osweiler: "Sometimes when we touch, the honesty's too much, and I have to close my eyes and hide"

htismaqe
01-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Evan Silva @evansilva
ESPN's Todd McShay on #ArizonaSt QB Brock Osweiler: "Sometimes when we touch, the honesty's too much, and I have to close my eyes and hide"

ROFL

Saul Good
01-19-2012, 03:34 PM

Nobody needs 3 years on the bench to develop. He can learn about as much as he's ever going to by sitting for a year or two at the most. Throwing the football isn't some magical act.

Rivers throws with a 3/4 motion. Brees takes a 15 yard drop back. Vick throws with his wrist. Big Ben throws while raping women. Matt Cassel throws softly and with his eyes closed.

The only question is if the guy has what it takes between the ears. Its not his tools or mechanics that are going to hold him back long term.

veist
01-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Nobody needs 3 years on the bench to develop. He can learn about as much as he's ever going to by sitting for a year or two at the most. Throwing the football isn't some magical act.

Rivers throws with a 3/4 motion. Brees takes a 15 yard drop back. Vick throws with his wrist. Big Ben throws while raping women. Matt Cassel throws softly and with his eyes closed.

The only question is if the guy has what it takes between the ears. Its not his tools or mechanics that are going to hold him back long term.

He's just super raw as a prospect, he's going to need a lot of work. I think the risk with giving him less than two years to develop before you expect much out of him is he may just get completely overwhelmed by it all and burn out.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Evan Silva @evansilva
Skills > stats but Brock Osweiler made only 15 starts @ Arizona St. Went 7-8. Quite a leap of faith to take him top 32. 1 good year of tape.

SAUTO
01-19-2012, 06:10 PM

I seriously lol'd here
Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun
01-19-2012, 06:31 PM

He doesn't throw the football in a way that is conducive for anything but an assload of strip sacks in the NFL.

He doesn't display much of anything in terms of reads or reading defenses.

His body will not hold up in the NFL as it is currently built. He's going to need to pack weight and muscle to fill his frame out so he doesn't snack like a twig first time he has defense ends sandwich him.

And he only started 15 games. Fifteen!

People like him for one reason: he's got great measurables.

This is the definition of raw. It's not just a word we throw out. He is somebody who will need to be sculpted into a QB. But if it's done pretty well, and he catches on... he could turn out. He's the David Mims of QBs.

I'm not an expert, but I'm thinking it'd take him two years or something just to get all this shit down. By year three, maybe, he'll have a shot at being the top clipboard holder somewhere.

Sorter
01-19-2012, 10:01 PM
His body will not hold up in the NFL as it is currently built. He's going to need to pack weight and muscle to fill his frame out so he doesn't snack like a twig first time he has defense ends sandwich him.

I'm not a Brock fan, but this is why we have HGH.

Renegade
01-19-2012, 10:25 PM
He doesn't throw the football in a way that is conducive for anything but an assload of strip sacks in the NFL.

He doesn't display much of anything in terms of reads or reading defenses.

And he only started 15 games. Fifteen!

People like him for one reason: he's got great measurables.

This is the definition of raw. It's not just a word we throw out. He is somebody who will need to be sculpted into a QB. But if it's done pretty well, and he catches on... he could turn out. He's the David Mims of QBs.

I'm not an expert, but I'm thinking it'd take him two years or something just to get all this shit down. By year three, maybe, he'll have a shot at being the top clipboard holder somewhere.

Sounds like Brokie v 2.0

rageeumr
01-19-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm glad the OP listed his height, because I turned off the Mizzou-ASU game having absolutely no idea how big the guy might be.