PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PFF's 2012 Free Agent Tracker

Hammock Parties
01-19-2012, 01:42 PM
This will be a useful tool for FA discussions this offseason.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/12/2012-free-agent-tracker/

we’ll be bringing you plenty of breakdowns, lists, and commentary to prime you for all of the action surrounding the 2012 Free Agent class, but to get started, here’s our fully-searchable Free Agent Tracker for you to refer to while dreaming up the ideal list of signees for your favorite team.

There are 563 current entries.

You can sort by position, years, player rating and snap count.

Sorted by player rating:

1. Drew Brees
563. Barry Richardson LMAO

This is very useful for giving you an idea of the best players at a position. If you sort by position, it will also order players of that position by their rating. You'll need to use the arrow keys at the bottom right to get to other positions, though.

Top OTs:

1. Demetrius Bell
2. Anthony Collins
3. Jared Gaither :facepalm:

Sofa King
01-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Well that's accurate.

Hammock Parties
01-19-2012, 01:48 PM
There are several very good guards hitting free agency. The talent pool is a lot richer than at OT.

1. Evan Mathis
2. Carl Nicks
3. Jake Scott
4. Chad Rinehart
5. Ben Grubbs
6. Montrae Holland
7. Craig Urbik.

That's 7 of the top 16 guards on the overall rankings.

Titty Meat
01-19-2012, 01:49 PM
It'll be useful for other teams. We'll just sign some 34 year old broke dick and a couple of average players.

BossChief
01-19-2012, 02:06 PM
We get out of this free agency with Grubbs/Nicks and Solai...along with a couple depth guys, it will really open up the draft for us.

Hammock Parties
01-19-2012, 02:07 PM
There are several good centers, too. Pioli needs to pick up a center or a guard, start Hudson at the other spot and find a RT in the draft.

htismaqe
01-19-2012, 02:08 PM
We get out of this free agency with Grubbs/Nicks and Solai...along with a couple depth guys, it will really open up the draft for us.

We won't get 1 of them, let alone 2.

Titty Meat
01-19-2012, 02:11 PM
We won't get 1 of them, let alone 2.

Cuz none of them played for the Patriots.

htismaqe
01-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Cuz none of them played for the Patriots.

And they're good.

Titty Meat
01-19-2012, 02:43 PM
And they're good.

I'd argue Breaston, Jones, and Lilja were good when we signed them. Something i've noticed other than Breaston, Pioli likes to sign these short term guys.

htismaqe
01-19-2012, 02:47 PM
I'd argue Breaston, Jones, and Lilja were good when we signed them. Something i've noticed other than Breaston, Pioli likes to sign these short term guys.

True.

I should have said this:

Nicks is not just good, he's really a top-flight guard. We don't acquire Tier 1 FAs, we acquire Tier 2/3 FAs.

Titty Meat
01-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Nicks is a beast. Thing is he'll get Hutchison money and i'm not sure we need to pay that much for a guard.

Rausch
01-19-2012, 02:49 PM
This is our spend year.

And even that is relative.

Huge, front-loaded contracts that really don't mean $3it because we'll be spending today's money with insane cap room which will only go up.

THis isn't basebal. They're saving this money for the one big "pounce" year like in 93.

Coaches don't count against the cap.

I don't expect huge changes on the defensive side but I expect HUGE changes on offense and in the roster...

htismaqe
01-19-2012, 02:59 PM
This is our spend year.

And even that is relative.

Huge, front-loaded contracts that really don't mean $3it because we'll be spending today's money with insane cap room which will only go up.

THis isn't basebal. They're saving this money for the one big "pounce" year like in 93.

Coaches don't count against the cap.

I don't expect huge changes on the defensive side but I expect HUGE changes on offense and in the roster...

This is our spend year. Here's to adding Chester McGlockton and Derrick Alexander!

whoman69
01-19-2012, 03:08 PM

I think that's mostly because he's trying to do it thru the draft, which is generally cheaper.

BossChief
01-19-2012, 03:17 PM
I think that's mostly because he's trying to do it thru the draft, which is generally cheaper.

And better.

Look at the good teams and you will see their major contributors be guys they drafted.

O.city
01-19-2012, 03:28 PM
You draft your core, which we have done, and you bring in fillers thru free agency, which we need to do.

Soliai, Nicks, Grubbs, Bowe, Carr all should be targeted/here next year.

Pick up those guys and like Boss said the draft really opens up. Pick up a RT, ILB depth, OL Depth whatever you want really.

Hell I'd argue that with that free agent haul you would be in a position to put a package of picks together and get RGIII or Luck and not hurt yourself too bad.

Sofa King
01-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Nicks would be fantastic.

whoman69
01-19-2012, 04:34 PM
You draft your core, which we have done, and you bring in fillers thru free agency, which we need to do.

Pick up those guys and like Boss said the draft really opens up. Pick up a RT, ILB depth, OL Depth whatever you want really.

Hell I'd argue that with that free agent haul you would be in a position to put a package of picks together and get RGIII or Luck and not hurt yourself too bad.

Except the cap hit you'd take for players who were just trade bait. You get this idea from Head Coach?

Coogs
01-19-2012, 04:38 PM

:thumb:

aturnis
01-19-2012, 06:25 PM
There are several very good guards hitting free agency. The talent pool is a lot richer than at OT.

1. Evan Mathis
2. Carl Nicks
3. Jake Scott
4. Chad Rinehart
5. Ben Grubbs
6. Montrae Holland
7. Craig Urbik.

That's 7 of the top 16 guards on the overall rankings.

Wanted Rinehart coming out. Played at Northern Iowa, good football program for the level of play. Actually, really good athletics program altogether.

SAUTO
01-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Except the cap hit you'd take for players who were just trade bait. You get this idea from Head Coach?

I think you misunderstood his post
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe
01-19-2012, 07:45 PM
It'll be useful for other teams. We'll just sign some 34 year old broke dick and a couple of average players.

I have a feeling we are going to be very active this year.

beach tribe
01-19-2012, 07:46 PM
And better.

Look at the good teams and you will see their major contributors be guys they drafted.

The consistent title contenders are almost always built through the draft.

Saul Good
01-19-2012, 08:33 PM
This is our spend year. Here's to adding Chester McGlockton and Derrick Alexander!

Derrick Alexander was a great FA pickup.

BryanBusby
01-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Damn I knew Barry Richardson sucked, but seeing his rating much lower than Colombo is hilarious.

stonedstooge
01-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Salary floor not in till the 2013 season I believe. Don't expect to see big spending until then