PDA

View Full Version : Life For you metros that shave...

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-19-2012, 08:40 PM
So I've had a beard most of my life since I was 16. Shaved down to a goatee a couple times just for a change... never in 42 years have I shaved my upper lip. Beside the point...

I hate shaving about as much as anything in life so I don't do it. I do use my trimmer every day though... but only to keep myself from actually looking like Grizzley Adams (who I have no problem with looking like) for a "work" environment. However as I become an older man I fully intend to let it grow down to my waist if it will. I love old men with long beards and I intend to be one.

My question is this. How often does the normal man shave? If I trim down to a short and well kept manicure in the morning should I be bushy again by bedtime? It doesn't seem like I should. And I know this seems like a dumb question to people who shave every day but understand the last time I clean shaved my beard the first Bush was in office... and I kept the 'stach... obviously. I haven't been hairless on my face since I was 12. Keeping up wasn't worth it.

I guess I'm asking if this kind of growth is common among many of you or if I'm just a freak. I know many guys shave every day... but is it because you like and want a hairless face or because you have to?

58-4ever
01-19-2012, 08:44 PM
I shave my neck every other day. Other than that, I go with a lot of different combinations.

I shave my balls a lot less than I used to now that I've been married for almost four years.

ClevelandBronco
Unfortunately, if I want to keep my wife, I must shave daily. Fortunately, that provides me with a loophole.

Lumpy
I thought this was about shaving something else. ROFL

Leaving now...

CHENZ A!
01-19-2012, 08:45 PM
If you shave completely in the AM, you will have noticeable stubble by the PM. You will have what I'd actually call a beard in about 4 or 5 days. That's how it works for me in anyway.

ClevelandBronco
01-19-2012, 08:45 PM
I shave my neck every other day. Other than that, I go with a lot of different combinations.

I shave my balls a lot less than I used to now that I've been married for almost four years.

How often does she let you spend some time with them?

rockymtnchief
01-19-2012, 08:47 PM
I shave once or twice a week. Nobody sees me at work so I don't have to be presentable anymore. I just shave before I hit the town or when it gets itchy.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-19-2012, 08:47 PM
I thought this was about shaving something else. ROFL

Leaving now...

I actually keep that more manicured than my face.... can't be messy.

Munson
01-19-2012, 08:48 PM
I shave every day with an electric razor. I can't stand having facial hair.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-19-2012, 08:51 PM

And I don't remember life without it... different strokes.

Lumpy
01-19-2012, 08:52 PM
I actually keep that more manicured than my face.... can't be messy.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/13367402/images/1293949999324.gif

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-19-2012, 08:53 PM
If you shave completely in the AM, you will have noticeable stubble by the PM. You will have what I'd actually call a beard in about 4 or 5 days. That's how it works for me in anyway.

It's takes about a day and a half till I'm fuzzy and I have to trim it back down to this...

NewChief
01-19-2012, 08:55 PM
It's takes about a day and a half till I'm fuzzy and I have to trim it back down to this...

Yeah. You're a beast. I shave once every couple of weeks, and I never look like that.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-19-2012, 08:55 PM
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/13367402/images/1293949999324.gif

Luckily the women I've been with like beards.

But trimming/shaving my "area" makes my penis look bigger.

:)

Bump
01-19-2012, 08:56 PM
lol, if I show up to work with so much as a 5 o'clock shadow, I'm forced to use the rusty blade they keep in the office, so ya. I shave every day, unless I don't have to work that day.

whoman69
01-19-2012, 08:56 PM
You never heard of five o'clock shadow?

mlyonsd
01-19-2012, 08:57 PM
During college and early married years I was Grizzley Adams too.

For some reason it got annoying so I started shaving every day with a razor.

Now I do a goatee. Shave it close with an electric trimmer on Sunday. Shave the rest of my face on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. That's it.

I know, too much information but the wife likes a little scruff.

ps. I should throw in now that I'm over 50 I trim my ears and eyebrows once a week. I know, TMI.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Yeah. You're a beast. I shave once every couple of weeks, and I never look like that.

OK so I'm a freak. I thought so.

Ftr I just keep it at that length by trimming daily because I like having a beard. I havent been without one since I was a sophomore in high school.... except for a goat as mentioned now and then.

I figured as much because my friends don't seem to grow it as fast but I never asked.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-19-2012, 09:02 PM
lol, if I show up to work with so much as a 5 o'clock shadow, I'm forced to use the rusty blade they keep in the office, so ya. I shave every day, unless I don't have to work that day.

I go to work with a 3" beard... ballcap and a hoodie... different work places...

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-19-2012, 09:03 PM
You never heard of five o'clock shadow?

Yes. It takes till noon.

CHENZ A!
01-19-2012, 09:05 PM

Dude, there is no way that is only 2 days growth. My shit grows thick and fast too.. I think maybe I'm just describing the timetable, and facial hair starting point wrong.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-19-2012, 09:06 PM
I know, too much information but the wife likes a little scruff.

See... every woman I've ever been with likes it too. If they didn't they wouldn't spend much time with me.

Dunit35
01-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Every day except on my days off which ill shave once during my three day vacations.

NewChief
01-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Dude, there is no way that is only 2 days growth. My shit grows thick and fast too.. I think maybe I'm just describing the timetable, and facial hair starting point wrong.

He actually said that he lets it grow for two days (at which point it becomes too shaggy) then shaves it back to the length in the picture. I misread as well. Still. I can tell he's a hairy fucker.
:D

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-19-2012, 09:09 PM

No no you didn't see the "back down to this" part. I like having a beard... I have one on purpose. That pic is 5-6 days if I was clean shaven to start. What I said... tried to say... was if I don't trim daily it gets well beyond that quickly........ and I was curious if that was normal.

Raiderhater
01-19-2012, 09:11 PM
I have to shave every day, but for a different reason. I can't grow much in the way of facial hair. If I let what does grow go it would look pretty bad. I can get away with chin whiskers, though that is still some what sparse. but every where else on my face I have to shave daily.

And that is an electric razor for 2-4 days straight because my facial skin is so sensitive. I use a regular razor every day (which I prefer because it is a closer shave), my skin gets irritated and I start getting a lot of razor bumps.

Deberg_1990
01-19-2012, 09:11 PM
I shave every day. Sometimes I leave a goatee for a week or so, but then I shave the whole thing off. Nothing feels better than a nice full clean shave after you haven't shaved for a few days.

CHENZ A!
01-19-2012, 09:14 PM
No no you didn't see the "back down to this" part. I like having a beard... I have one on purpose. That pic is 5-6 days if I was clean shaven to start. What I said... tried to say... was if I don't trim daily it gets well beyond that quickly........ and I was curious if that was normal.

Gotcha. Yeah, your beard grows a bit quicker than mine, but I wouldn't say abnormally quick or anything. I'm pretty hairy too. What a weird convo. LMAO

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Nothing feels better than a nice full clean shave after you haven't shaved for a few days.

I don't understand.... it's been... 26 years...

:)

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-19-2012, 09:16 PM
What a weird convo. LMAO

So another normal night on CP....

TrickyNicky
01-19-2012, 09:17 PM
I have to shave or else it grows in all patchy and white-trashy like Joe Dirte.

CHENZ A!
01-19-2012, 09:18 PM
So another normal night on CP....

Pretty much!

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-19-2012, 09:18 PM
He actually said that he lets it grow for two days (at which point it becomes too shaggy) then shaves it back to the length in the picture. I misread as well. Still. I can tell he's a hairy ****er.

Funny enough tho... only my head, face and chest... not so much else below.

(tmi)

Discuss Thrower
01-19-2012, 09:26 PM
I can't decide what to do with my facial hair... I feel like the only look I can pull off is one that makes me a doppleganger for Mancow Mueller

Brock
01-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Few things re-energize me at the end of a long day more than a shave. Ready for round two.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-19-2012, 09:31 PM
I can't decide what to do with my facial hair... I feel like the only look I can pull off is one that makes me a doppleganger for Mancow Mueller

Mancow (from Chicago radio) is a friend of mine. Go for it.

Then again I've always been of the the opinion that real men shouldn't shave often.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Few things re-energize me at the end of a long day more than a shave. Ready for round two.

Interesting to me how different people have such different ideas.

Discuss Thrower
01-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Mancow (from Chicago radio) is a friend of mine. Go for it.

Then again I've always been of the the opinion that real men shouldn't shave often.

Ask if he's in the market for a body double. I've used a pic of him as my facebook profile and most people don't notice it's not really me.

Kinda unnerving.

angelo
01-19-2012, 09:45 PM

I have to agree with Mr. Munson. I can not stand facial hair. I shave every morning.

Ang

ThaVirus
01-19-2012, 10:48 PM
I love old men with long beards

Hey, bro, that's cool.

Phobia
01-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Shave once a week, usually Saturday night before a date with the wife or Sunday morning before church. Otherwise I keep it pretty shaggy. When I used to shave every day, it destroyed my face. Thankfully, my boss doesn't much care about the scruff.

lewdog
01-19-2012, 10:53 PM
I just grew out my beard for the first time in a few years. I keep it pretty short though and nicely trimmed with NO neckbeard.

I actually kind of miss shaving though.

Setsuna
01-19-2012, 11:46 PM
I have to shave every week because of how fast it grows and also because I have a job.

BigChiefFan
01-20-2012, 12:01 AM
I just grew out my beard for the first time in a few years. I keep it pretty short though and nicely trimmed with NO neckbeard.

I actually kind of miss shaving though.

The neckbeard comment cracks me up, only because I remember somebody harping on Orton when he was a Bronco...and they went on and on about a fucking neckbeard. It's part of the Lexicon to me.

cdcox
01-20-2012, 12:02 AM
I shave every day before work.

On weekends, I might skip a day or two, but beyond that I start feeling scuzzy if I don't shave.

The way i look at it, a long time ago men probably wiped their ass with their hand or a pine cone and felt really manly about it. Then we got technology so we have razor blades and toilet paper, and these are good things.

Discuss Thrower
01-20-2012, 12:07 AM
I shave every day before work.

On weekends, I might skip a day or two, but beyond that I start feeling scuzzy if I don't shave.

The way i look at it, a long time ago men probably wiped their ass with their hand or a pine cone and felt really manly about it. Then we got technology so we have razor blades and toilet paper, and these are good things.

Yeah but coming from a guy who doesn't mind the cold and have gone stretches of both clean shaven and goatee sporting..

The wind is BRUTAL on once fuzzy skin, even days after shaving.

Earthling
01-20-2012, 02:56 AM
I shaved last year some time or other just to check out my face and started growing it out again within a few days. Before that it was '93 I think.

Fritz88
01-20-2012, 05:22 AM
Every other day. If you have a good trimmer, it can be a five minutes task.
Posted via Mobile Device

oldman
01-20-2012, 06:32 AM
I normally shave once in the morning and trim the goatee twice a week. If we're going out in the evening, I'll shave again.

Bwana
01-20-2012, 07:56 AM
I shave every day before work, but I don't shave on the weekend, unless I have some kind of event I have to go to. I do however still sport the goatee, which is an act of God at times, because I'm in and out of refineries every week and a lot of those places have rules against that, because of fresh air masks.

blaise
01-20-2012, 08:13 AM
I used to shave every day. Even on weekends. Then I once let it go like a week and my wife said she liked it, and now she wants me to keep it. But, really I can't stand having a beard. Seems like more work to trim it and shave my neck than it would be to just take 45 seconds a day to shave.

Molitoth
01-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Absolutely hate shaving with a razor (takes too much time, causes ingrown hairs and shaving rash).

So I keep a very short stuble using a trimmer without a guard, and use it about every 2 days.

kepp
01-20-2012, 08:49 AM
I hate shaving but I also hate having longer facial hair. I usually put it off for 3 or 4 days and then have to shave.

WhiteWhale
01-20-2012, 09:30 AM
I shave right out of the shower.

I don't use shaving cream, I don't get razor burn, and it takes me about 45 seconds.

Also, for the OP, shaving/trimming your body hair is WAY MORE metro than shaving your face.

Nzoner
01-20-2012, 09:39 AM
I have to shave my head every other day,it's either that or look like Wile E Coyote shortly after an Acme rocket backfires and clears a path down the middle of his scalp.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-20-2012, 09:43 AM
I shave right out of the shower.

I don't use shaving cream, I don't get razor burn, and it takes me about 45 seconds.

Also, for the OP, shaving/trimming your body hair is WAY MORE metro than shaving your face.

Yeah I know it was just funny in my head to use the word metro... I'm sure it was only me heh.

otherstar
01-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I've worn a mustache for most of the last 20 years. I used to grow a beard every winter. I did wear a beard for about 3 years but gave it up a few years ago. I've also sported a goatee for most the last 20 years, but shaved it off last fall and haven't grown it back.

I shave daily. I either use a straight razor (cut throat) or a double edge razor. I hate the newer razors and I hate electric razors too. I've used shaving soap with a mug and brush instead of canned shave cream for the last 20 years also.

WhiteWhale
01-20-2012, 09:59 AM
I've worn a mustache for most of the last 20 years. I used to grow a beard every winter. I did wear a beard for about 3 years but gave it up a few years ago. I've also sported a goatee for most the last 20 years, but shaved it off last fall and haven't grown it back.

I shave daily. I either use a straight razor (cut throat) or a double edge razor. I hate the newer razors and I hate electric razors too. I've used shaving soap with a mug and brush instead of canned shave cream for the last 20 years also.

Are you a member of the organization?

http://www.americanmustacheinstitute.org/

Sofa King
01-20-2012, 10:20 AM
I hate shaving but I also hate having longer facial hair. I usually put it off for 3 or 4 days and then have to shave.

This.