PDA

View Full Version : Life Supplemental Insurance

btlook1
01-24-2012, 01:27 PM
So anybody have supplemental insurance? Been talking with a guy that sales it...for Platinum Sup. Insurance....looks like mostly accident/cancer/stroke or being in the hospital plus they say if you don't use it you get every dime back in 20years? Anybody got the scoop on them? Have the insurance and use it? Just curious....

Saul Good
01-24-2012, 01:41 PM
So anybody have supplemental insurance? Been talking with a guy that sales it...for Platinum Sup. Insurance....looks like mostly accident/cancer/stroke or being in the hospital plus they say if you don't use it you get every dime back in 20years? Anybody got the scoop on them? Have the insurance and use it? Just curious....

Its a garbage product. Don't buy it.

Get health insurance in case you have doctor bills. Get life insurance in case you die. Save a little money to get you through a short period of time if you can't work. Get long term disability in case you are out of work for several months or years.

Accidents, cancer, strokes, etc. are all covered by health insurance. They don't need special policies, especially plans that are ridiculously expensive.

mlyonsd
01-24-2012, 01:43 PM

Get health insurance in case you have doctor bills. Get life insurance in case you die. Save a little money to get you through a short period of time if you can't work. Get long term disability in case you are out of work for several months or years.

Accidents, cancer, strokes, etc. are all covered by health insurance. They don't need special policies, especially plans that are ridiculously expensive.You left out the 1 powerball ticket each week.

OmahaChief
01-24-2012, 01:48 PM
It works out nice in the short run as supplemental income if your wife is prego. Other than that it is not that great.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Will it cover carpal tunnel ?

Rooster
01-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Will it cover carpal tunnel ?

In your case yes because it is work related.:thumb:

ChiefGator
01-24-2012, 04:42 PM
In your case yes because it is work related.:thumb:

So if I masturbate pigs for recreation, it's not covered!?

I wouldn't get it then.

alnorth
01-24-2012, 04:46 PM

Accidents, cancer, strokes, etc. are all covered by health insurance. They don't need special policies, especially plans that are ridiculously expensive.

Not much I have to add, this nailed it.

These supplemental policies that pay if you come down with a few named illnesses are garbage, don't buy them. There are eleventy zillion things you could get aside from just "accidents" and "cancer". You'd probably want to be covered for everything.

People who buy supplemental policies probably should have either bought better health insurance, and/or a good short- and long-term disability policy.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-24-2012, 05:37 PM

as long as you don't hit your coverage caps....it happens.

DeniseM
02-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Instead of getting additional health insurance you may never need, why not consider getting a life insurance policy? You would have the assurance of knowing that your family would be well taken care of financially with the proceeds derived from your policy. There are other advantages as well, such as adding on riders to your life insurance policy. Some riders, like the waiver of premium rider, will pay its own premiums in case you are disabled for longer than 6 months. The accelerated death benefit rider pays out accelerated death benefits in case you are diagnosed with a critical illness and need to pay large medical bills. LTC riders, which are usually available on permanent life insurance policies, allow you to have additional savings for long term care. With a slight increase in cost, you can cover more unforeseeable incidents and won't need supplemental insurance.

Denise Mancini
Disclaimer: I work for AccuQuote and this is my personal opinion.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-03-2012, 02:00 AM
Aflac

jspchief
02-03-2012, 02:26 AM
Instead of getting additional health insurance you may never need, why not consider getting a life insurance policy? You would have the assurance of knowing that your family would be well taken care of financially with the proceeds derived from your policy. There are other advantages as well, such as adding on riders to your life insurance policy. Some riders, like the waiver of premium rider, will pay its own premiums in case you are disabled for longer than 6 months. The accelerated death benefit rider pays out accelerated death benefits in case you are diagnosed with a critical illness and need to pay large medical bills. LTC riders, which are usually available on permanent life insurance policies, allow you to have additional savings for long term care. With a slight increase in cost, you can cover more unforeseeable incidents and won't need supplemental insurance.

Xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
Disclaimer: I work for AccuQuote and this is my personal opinion.

Yeah, you might want to remove your name and send it to him in pm.

You never know what douchebag will file that name away for nefarious purposes.

btlook1
02-03-2012, 04:38 AM
Thanks for all the info on this. I'm not buying it but was more curious about it instead. I have life insurance and decent health insurance, but alot of people I have talked to lately have purchased supplemental like heart attack and cancer....Don't know why but was curious about it. Thanks.

Saul Good
02-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Yeah, you might want to remove your name and send it to him in pm.

You never know what douchebag will file that name away for nefarious purposes.

Because its a form letter.