PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Clash of the Sitcoms: Round 2, Heat 2.

Rain Man
01-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Next up after Heat 1? Well, Heat 2, of course.

Dartgod
01-26-2012, 08:21 AM
This one is pretty weak compared to Heat 1

Went with "Hi" Bob Newhart, obviously, then 2-1/2 Men and Hogans Heroes.

LiveSteam
01-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Hogan's Heroes
Hogan's Heroes
&
Hogan's Heroes

Rain Man
01-26-2012, 08:22 AM
My thoughts:

#1 - The Bob Newhart Show. It's the funniest of the lot.

#2 - Hogan's Heroes. Right up there with Bob. May be #1, but it tended to have fewer laughs and more plot.

#3 - After much handwringing, I went with McHale's Navy. I don't remember it very well, but remember liking it.

Didn't make the cut.

#4 - Two and a Half Men. It was very good when Charlie was on it. Maybe I should've put it at #3. I think it has an easier humor path than the other shows, though, given that it aims lower.

#5 - The Office (BBC Version). Never seen it, so I don't know if I'd like it.

mlyonsd
01-26-2012, 08:26 AM
Bob
Hogan
Ernest (who turned 95 yesterday)

LiveSteam
01-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Did CPO Sharky ever make the list?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i1hznhBcVDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dartgod
01-26-2012, 08:33 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i1hznhBcVDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heh, forgot all about that one. Wasn't that the one where Don Rickles yelled at people a lot?

LiveSteam
01-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Heh, forgot all about that one. Wasn't that the one where Don Rickles yelled at people a lot?

Ya he spazzzzzed all the time . I dont think it lasted more than a few seasons.

Gadzooks
01-26-2012, 08:54 AM
I voted for 2 1/2 men based on the Charlie Sheen years. I can't watch it anymore because I can't stand Ashton.
Office (UK) and The Bob Newhart Show got the other votes. I'm too young and handsom to have seen the other 2 shows.

Predarat
01-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Newhart is awesome, I like the British Office too, now for the 3rd.

Amnorix
01-26-2012, 09:06 AM

If you guys like Rickles, then you should check out the Dean Martin roasts that you can see on Youtube. Some of them are classic. People getting roasted include Ronald Reagan. The humor is brutal and unbelievably un-PC for today's crowd, but can be pretty damn funny.

Amnorix
01-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Not to divert this thread, but here's part one of roasting Ron Reagan, then governor of California (pre-Presidency). Can you imagine a politician getting up there to be roasted by the best, most vicious, comedians, today?!? :O

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oS4TcfBGnvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

anyway, if you like this, many other roasts are available on Youtube as well.

Infidel Goat
01-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Only voted for Bob. Great show and great drinking game to boot...

Thig Lyfe
01-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Anybody who voted for Two and a Half Men can go right ahead rip their own dicks off with a corkscrew.

Omaha
01-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Anybody who voted for Two and a Half Men can go right ahead rip their own dicks off with a corkscrew.

This.

patteeu
01-26-2012, 10:52 AM
The Bob Newhart Show and Hogan's Heroes got my only votes.

I can't believe you people let Malcolm In The Middle die in heat 1.

Rasputin
01-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Hogan's Heros & Bob Newhart !

durtyrute
01-26-2012, 11:23 AM
It's like choosing between Cassel and Orton, you lose either way. Just drop all of these and move on. Same thing with the other one from round 2.

WV
01-26-2012, 11:24 AM
I liked the Bob Newhart bed and breakfast show, don't really know enough about the psychologist one. Only voted for McHales Navy and Hogan's Heros. Two and a Half Men is and was an horrid show.

Amnorix
01-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Hogan's Heroes and Bob Newhart get my only votes.

Hogan's Heroes -- good times. I remember one time as a teenager or young adult seeing Werner Klemperer (Col. Klink) in a serious movie as a defendant at the Nuremberg trials. After seeing him as the incompetent, bumbling fool Klink, it was nearly impossible to take him or that movie seriously.

listopencil
01-26-2012, 12:06 PM

It's better than Family Ties.

Rain Man
01-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Hogan's Heroes and Bob Newhart get my only votes.

Hogan's Heroes -- good times. I remember one time as a teenager or young adult seeing Werner Klemperer (Col. Klink) in a serious movie as a defendant at the Nuremberg trials. After seeing him as the incompetent, bumbling fool Klink, it was nearly impossible to take him or that movie seriously.

I wonder if he filmed that before Hogan's Heroes. I can't imagine anyone dressing Klemperer in a Nazi uniform in a serious post-Hogan movie.

cdcox
01-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Bob Newhart = original(Seinfeld)

cdcox
01-26-2012, 12:20 PM
One of my dad's DL pictures looked just like Col Klink.

Pitt Gorilla
01-26-2012, 12:50 PM
The Bob Newhart Show and Hogan's Heroes got my only votes.

I can't believe you people let Malcolm In The Middle die in heat 1.This. I can't believe this is a round two heat. Two and a half men is complete garbage.

whoman69
01-26-2012, 12:52 PM
I liked McHale's Navy, but calling it an all-time great sitcom is over the top. It was better than the movie.

Pleasantly surprised at the love for Hogan's Heroes. It was just a funny, imaginative show.

DJ's left nut
01-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Most folks don't realize that the BBC version of the office only had 15 episodes.

It's entire body of work was less than one season of the American version of the Office.

It really shouldn't advance past this stage. But/for the popularity of Office USA and the 'coolness' associated with liking the original, nobody would be voting a show that only generated 7 hours of total television into the 2nd round.

To put that into perspective, a truly legendary comedy - Archer - Has already done 28 episodes. Despite being in its relative infancy, it's twice as prolific as Office BBC.

Brock
01-26-2012, 01:15 PM
I'll vote for quality over quantity every time. Friends ran for umpteen seasons and was absolute crap.

HemiEd
01-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Tough group, I like all of those. Voted for the three oldies, feeling nostalgic today.

Garcia Bronco
01-26-2012, 01:24 PM
I cannot in good conscience vote for any of these.

DJ's left nut
01-26-2012, 01:29 PM
I'll vote for quality over quantity every time. Friends ran for umpteen seasons and was absolute crap.

If you hit .400 w/ 40 HRs and 150 RBI for 2 seasons and then your leg falls off, you're not going to the HOF.

Quality is critical, but quantity counts as well when you're discussing historical relevance.

Thig Lyfe
01-26-2012, 09:13 PM
I liked McHale's Navy, but calling it an all-time great sitcom is over the top. It was better than the movie.

Pleasantly surprised at the love for Hogan's Heroes. It was just a funny, imaginative show.

HH was crazy underrated and unfairly maligned. I think it's cuz it was the 60s and people were all like "TOO SOON" even though it totally wasn't making light of POW camps. If anything, it was making POWs look like total badasses yo.

Rain Man
01-26-2012, 09:19 PM
And Round 3 is now populated with The Bob Newhart Show, Hogan's Heroes, and Two and A Half Men, which edged out the competition by well less than half a man.

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2012, 05:54 AM
I have less than zero respect for any of the 51 people who voted for Two and a Half Men.

Most folks don't realize that the BBC version of the office only had 15 episodes.

It's entire body of work was less than one season of the American version of the Office.

It really shouldn't advance past this stage. But/for the popularity of Office USA and the 'coolness' associated with liking the original, nobody would be voting a show that only generated 7 hours of total television into the 2nd round.

To put that into perspective, a truly legendary comedy - Archer - Has already done 28 episodes. Despite being in its relative infancy, it's twice as prolific as Office BBC.
Right on! Quantity over quality!

... no seriously, what the fuck