PDA

View Full Version : Royals Frank White has a job with.....

jwazzie
01-26-2012, 12:28 PM
...the T-bones. I don't know what to think about this. If he is good with it, then it is ok I guess. Way to go Royals! :thumb: :shake:

http://tbonesbaseball.com/news/headlines/index.html?article_id=2306

gblowfish
01-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Good for Frank. He's a good man.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-26-2012, 12:34 PM
You can stick your head up a butchers ass... no... wait... it has to be your bull

Dragonocho
01-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Good for the Frank and the T-Bones. Boneheaded by the Royals.

Predarat
01-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Stupid Fucking Royals. Hope he likes his new gig, best wishes to him and hopes he finds his way into the real MLB.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Guys, seriously. He's not that good. Get over it.

Lex Luthor
01-26-2012, 12:57 PM
No kidding. Frank White was a very good second baseman, but he has an attitude that has got worse and worse over the years.

His problem is that he has always been jealous of all of the love George Brett received and continues to receive. He thinks he's George Brett, but he's not. Brett was an all-time great, an MVP winner, a .390 hitter, and a Hall of Famer. White was a very good defensive second baseman and a fair hitter who played for a long time here. There's a difference.

burt
01-26-2012, 01:02 PM
No kidding. Frank White was a very good second baseman, but he has an attitude that has got worse and worse over the years.

His problem is that he has always been jealous of all of the love George Brett received and continues to receive. He thinks he's George Brett, but he's not. Brett was an all-time great, an MVP winner, a .390 hitter, and a Hall of Famer. White was a very good defensive second baseman and a fair hitter who played for a long time here. There's a difference.

Guess I never saw the prima donna side of him. That said, he was that great to many of us. Him, Amos Otis, Quiz, Patek, Rojas.....etc.

I now have another reason to love the T-bones.

Dragonocho
01-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Guess I never saw the prima donna side of him. That said, he was that great to many of us. Him, Amos Otis, Quiz, Patek, Rojas.....etc.

This. Just thought the Royals mishandled his announcing deal. His number 20 is retired for some reason.

duncan_idaho
01-26-2012, 01:50 PM
The fact that Frank White couldn't find a job with anyone other than the T-Bones (and independent league team that basically is semi-pro) should say everything there is to say about his abilities.

I loved Frank White as a player. He was great, and he's deservedly a member of the Royals Hall of Fame.

But as a member of the organization? Well, as a former independent league manager once told me...

"Why am I here? I'll tell you why I'm here. I've gotten as high as I'm going to get in a baseball organization. I'm on the way down now."

burt
01-26-2012, 01:56 PM
The fact that Frank White couldn't find a job with anyone other than the T-Bones (and independent league team that basically is semi-pro) should say everything there is to say about his abilities.

I loved Frank White as a player. He was great, and he's deservedly a member of the Royals Hall of Fame.

But as a member of the organization? Well, as a former independent league manager once told me...

"Why am I here? I'll tell you why I'm here. I've gotten as high as I'm going to get in a baseball organization. I'm on the way down now."

and NONE of this makes me lose any respect for him.....

Demonpenz
01-26-2012, 02:24 PM
I hope he enjoys his new job and takes it easy. The man is supposed to be retired.

KCUnited
01-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Too bad he couldn't mentor Ken Harvey to a treadmill and ultimately to weights.

Demonpenz
01-26-2012, 02:30 PM
dude, nick swartz tried to get Harvey on weights early and he nearly died, you've never seen biggest loser have you....?

Rausch
01-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Wait.

So is he White like Berry or Black like Frank?...

blaise
01-26-2012, 02:33 PM

The thing is, neither have a bunch of the managers they got anyway. It's not like you'd say, 'Oh wow, Trey Hillman is a star."
I just think they should have just given White a shot. I really don't see what it could have hurt. Unless they just worried it would be a nuisance if they wanted to fire him later. But if that's the case they're soft.

Stewie
01-26-2012, 03:27 PM

Who says he didn't have offers in the recent past? I'm pretty sure at his age moving to another MLB organization is not on his radar. The T-bones are a local option where he can help young kids improve their game. Good for Frank.

alnorth
01-26-2012, 03:46 PM

Reportedly, it was always off the record with him. He conducted himself well out in public, but off the record he was apparently a world-class complainer, within the royals, sometimes off the record to media, to people from other baseball teams, and the royals were getting tired of it.

If he was a good TV analyst maybe they grit their teeth and put up with it till he retired, but he wasn't, so it wasn't hard to make the decision to replace him with either a professional broadcaster or a former player with good TV skills like Split.

blaise
01-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Reportedly, it was always off the record with him. He conducted himself well out in public, but off the record he was apparently a world-class complainer, within the royals, sometimes off the record to media, to people from other baseball teams, and the royals were just got tired of it.

If he was a good TV analyst maybe they grit their teeth and put up with it till he retired, but he wasn't, so it wasn't hard to make the decision to replace him with either a professional broadcaster or a former pro with good TV skills like Split.

I didn't know that. That makes some sense I guess.

burt
01-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Reportedly, it was always off the record with him. He conducted himself well out in public, but off the record he was apparently a world-class complainer, within the royals, sometimes off the record to media, to people from other baseball teams, and the royals were getting tired of it.

If he was a good TV analyst maybe they grit their teeth and put up with it till he retired, but he wasn't, so it wasn't hard to make the decision to replace him with either a professional broadcaster or a former player with good TV skills like Split.

reportedly.....heh. I respect you, but not that word. Right up there with supposedly.

BWillie
01-26-2012, 05:52 PM
...the T-bones. I don't know what to think about this. If he is good with it, then it is ok I guess. Way to go Royals! :thumb: :shake:

http://tbonesbaseball.com/news/headlines/index.html?article_id=2306

I'm pretty sure Frank screwed Dayton Moore's wife. No other explanation. First banished from coaching, then banished from being a talent evaluator, then banned from Royals TV. So sad.

duncan_idaho
01-26-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm pretty sure Frank screwed Dayton Moore's wife. No other explanation. First banished from coaching, then banished from being a talent evaluator, then banned from Royals TV. So sad.

Or maybe he just wasn't very good at any of those things? It's not like he was a world-class tv guy. Not shocking if he was only ok or worse at the rest...

Demonpenz
01-26-2012, 07:07 PM
The Royals continue to trot bob davis out there.

alnorth
01-26-2012, 07:21 PM
reportedly.....heh. I respect you, but not that word. Right up there with supposedly.

I admit, I do use weasel-words a lot, but I also am pretty strict about trying to be accurate. I wasn't there, so I don't know if every story I read that told that story was full of crap or not.

Its easier to throw in a weasel-word than to try to remember where I got it, look up the link and say "this guy said"

Extra Point
01-26-2012, 07:47 PM

Which guy earned more gold gloves? George Brett: the baby who cried about his lifetime contract, after Mike Schmidt was making more than him.

GFY

Deberg_1990
01-27-2012, 07:24 AM
Wow, White has sworn off the Royals forever sounds like......at least as long as Dan Glass is around..........Pretty sad.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/26/3393622/t-bones-hire-frank-white.html

Lex Luthor
01-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Which guy earned more gold gloves? George Brett: the baby who cried about his lifetime contract, after Mike Schmidt was making more than him.

GFY

Don't be an idiot.

Lex Luthor
01-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Wow, White has sworn off the Royals forever sounds like......at least as long as Dan Glass is around..........Pretty sad.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/26/3393622/t-bones-hire-frank-white.html
This story reinforces what I said yesterday about Frank White: his biggest problem with the Royals stems from his ongoing jealousy over George Brett. His bad attitude cost him his broadcasting gig.

Well, bye.

Fairplay
01-27-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm happy for Frank that he has a job in K.C.
Go T-Bones!

Royals organization screwed up letting him go.

boogblaster
01-27-2012, 11:01 AM
liked white as a player .. dont know much bout his attitudes ......