PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Clash of the Sitcoms: Round 2, Heat 7.

Rain Man
01-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Thank you for doing this poll
Reading all the shows and voting then
Your rep is green, you're a pal and a confidant.

And if you threw a party
Invited every poster you ever knew
You would see the biggest rep would be from me
And the card attached would say thank you for doing this poll.

And now a word from our sponsors.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aMqd5EQXD-g?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aMqd5EQXD-g?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Rain Man
01-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Got some good shows in this heat. My thoughts:

#1. The Simpsons. Duh. I'm a big fan of that weird doctor who does all the backroom treatments. And of course Ralph Wiggum and Martin Prince.

#2. Green Acres. It's the place to be. Farm living is the life for me.

#3. The Odd Couple. By an Oscar Feldman nose over #4. The actors were good in their roles.

Didn't make the cut.

#4. The Golden Girls. I like this show, but man, they picked some cheesy actors for guest appearances. It was like they were the last call for actors who were about to become irrelevant, kind of like Love Boat was before them.

#5. Home Improvement. Yawn. Negative male stereotyping. Yawn.

mlyonsd
01-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Simpsons and Green Acres. Was going to vote for the Odd Couple but I think the movie is what I thought was funny, not the sitcom.

Amnorix
01-27-2012, 03:39 PM
I think I can still sing the entire intro song to Green Acres.

That plus Odd Couple plus The Simpsons. Each was completely unique and extremely clever. Would've given a nod to Golden Girls, but couldn't put it ahead of the other three. I liked Home Improvement fine too, but it wasn't nearly as innovative or good as the three I voted for.

Garcia Bronco
01-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Odd Couple and the Simpsons. The rest isn't worth voting for IMO

SLAG
01-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Green Acres, Simpsons, Home Improvement

Predarat
01-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Simpsons, the rest are marginal, good, not real good but not terrible either.

jidar
01-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Man, this is some blue hair shit.

For your next poll you can pick the best brand of walker, or maybe the best way to get kids off of your lawn.

KC Dan
01-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Man, this is some blue hair shit.

For your next poll you can pick the best brand of walker, or maybe the best way to get kids off of your lawn.maybe this web site is better suited for you LMAO

http://www.nick.com/

O.city
01-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Grew up watching the Golden Girls.

Boom Boom Pepe.

Thig Lyfe
01-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Kind of amazed so many people have heard of The Simpsons.

listopencil
01-27-2012, 06:48 PM
I think I can still sing the entire intro song to Green Acres.

That plus Odd Couple plus The Simpsons. Each was completely unique and extremely clever. Would've given a nod to Golden Girls, but couldn't put it ahead of the other three. I liked Home Improvement fine too, but it wasn't nearly as innovative or good as the three I voted for.

^

patteeu
01-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Simpsons, The Odd Couple, and Green Acres for me.

Rain Man
01-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Simpsons, The Odd Couple, and Green Acres for me.

This is the correct answer. Full credit for you.

Rain Man
01-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Moving on are The Simpsons, Home Improvement, and The Odd Couple.

A couple of good shows, Green Acres and The Golden Girls, bite the dust. Other than Betty White, of course.