ugh!

01-27-2012, 08:48 PM
that sucks

KCwolf
01-27-2012, 09:19 PM
uh... yea that blows.

Hammock Parties
01-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Hiring Del Rio to coach your defense is smarter than hiring Romeo Crennel to coach your team.

Rain Man
01-27-2012, 09:33 PM
This doesn't bother me all that much. Why does everyone think he's good?

ClevelandBronco
01-27-2012, 09:33 PM
That's so good a move, I didn't believe you.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19838894

Buehler445
01-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Damn.

ClevelandBronco
01-27-2012, 09:48 PM

Last time Del Rio coached under Fox the defense ranked #2 in the league.

jjchieffan
01-27-2012, 09:52 PM

Well, his body of wok as a DC is pretty short. He was DC at Carolina one year before going to Jacksonville. He coached the number 2 Defense in the league that year. But still, just one year isn't enough to judge him on one way or the other.

Bump
01-27-2012, 09:58 PM
their defense was pretty damn good against us this year, it's possible he could fuck it up.

MagicHef
01-27-2012, 10:13 PM

Averaging his 8 years in Jacksonville, his defenses have been #10 in the league.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-27-2012, 10:16 PM
I have had a few too many beers to make the effort to search this stat....but what is our record against Denver under this new 'regime'.

ClevelandBronco
01-27-2012, 10:19 PM
I have had a few too many beers to make the effort to search this stat....but what is our record against Denver under this new 'regime'.

This one? 0-0.

Depends what you mean. Crennel vs. Fox it's 1-0 Chiefs.

MagicHef
01-27-2012, 10:20 PM

1-1

Mr_Tomahawk
01-27-2012, 10:20 PM
This one? 0-0.

Eh....I guess I mean under Pioli then....

MagicHef
01-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Eh....I guess I mean under Pioli then....

Oh, I thought you meant with the Broncos under Elway/Fox. I think we've split each year since Pioli was hired.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Oh, I thought you meant with the Broncos under Elway/Fox. I think we've split each year since Pioli was hired.

My bad...and thanks!

ClevelandBronco
01-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Pioli/Elway/Fox/Haley/McDaniels/Del Rio/Allen/Crennel.

God knows. I wouldn't even want to try to figure out who won what when who was where.

Tombstone RJ
01-27-2012, 11:27 PM
It's a solid hire by the Broncos and it's always nice to have a veteran staff. Also, the Bronco fired their strength and conditioning coach Tuten and brought in another guy so hopefully this helps with the late season slide the Broncos have seen too much of in recent years.

Quesadilla Joe
01-28-2012, 12:56 AM
Only the fucking Donkeys could lose an excellent DC and get an even fucking better one two weeks later. God fucking dammit, get off your ass Pioli. You fucking cocksucker. I can't believe this fucking shit. "The Chiefs are waiting on the playoffs to be over before hiring an OC" bull fucking shit. :cuss:

Fairplay
01-28-2012, 01:00 AM
I think its a good pick-up for them.

MoreLemonPledge
01-28-2012, 01:02 AM
http://www.owenweberlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/manyawning.jpg

BigRock
01-28-2012, 01:11 AM
Averaging his 8 years in Jacksonville, his defenses have been #10 in the league.

What's their average ranking since Mike Smith left?

Mile High Mania
01-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Solid move, but I've said this nearly every year for the last 7 or 8 years... the revolving door has to stop.

Quesadilla Joe
01-28-2012, 07:20 AM
Solid move, but I've said this nearly every year for the last 7 or 8 years... the revolving door has to stop.

It's gonna be awhile before Del Rio will get another shot at HC. Just look at Lebeau, Nolan, Greg Williams, Dick Jauron, and Dom Capers. I guess John Fox and Romeo Crennel are the only recent exceptions and even Romeo had to wait 3 or 4 years.

RNR
01-28-2012, 07:36 AM

Very solid hire, although he will be looking for a head coaching gig again. Who knows Fox may have hired his own replacement~

gblowfish
01-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Just another reason to hate him and the Donks.

The Bad Guy
01-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Only the ****ing Donkeys could lose an excellent DC and get an even ****ing better one two weeks later. God ****ing dammit, get off your ass Pioli. You ****ing one who sucks the penis. I can't believe this ****ing shit. "The Chiefs are waiting on the playoffs to be over before hiring an OC" bull ****ing shit. :cuss:

Only a Bronco tool would call a guy in the bottom third in team defense an excellent DC.

Mile High Mania
01-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Only a Bronco tool would call a guy in the bottom third in team defense an excellent DC.

I'm not arguing whether or not the guy is a tool.... but, most people (from what I have read) are very favorable of bringing him on board. I do like his background, as I think he's definitely one that is a good DC and not a good HC. So, hopefully, he'll stick around a while. Del Rio really did nothing as a HC to warrant him getting another look anytime soon.

I think it's amazing that he actually lasted those 4 final years in Jax.

Plus, I think this helps them when targeting quality DEF free agents this offseason. They have quite a few needs (DT) and the secondary. I'm wondering if this is the year they slide Bailey into the S role.

Setsuna
01-28-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm not arguing whether or not the guy is a tool.... but, most people (from what I have read) are very favorable of bringing him on board. I do like his background, as I think he's definitely one that is a good DC and not a good HC. So, hopefully, he'll stick around a while. Del Rio really did nothing as a HC to warrant him getting another look anytime soon.

Plus, I think this helps them when targeting quality DEF free agents this offseason. They have quite a few needs (DT) and the secondary. I'm wondering if this is the year they slide Bailey into the S role.

He did nothing because he was given nothing. Don't kid yourself. No one, outside of Maurice Jones-Drew, was any good on that team. Holds true now. The GM can't draft talent if it was his own son. The GM should have been fired and Del Rio given another year with a draft without that loser Smith at the helm. Don't talk about things you have ZERO ideas about. I liked him and was mad he got fired when that abortion of a GM still is apart of the organization. The Jags won't be any good unless Gene Smith is gone. I stand by that statement.

The Bad Guy
01-28-2012, 05:15 PM

I was talking about Allen. I think Del Rio is a good hire.

Caseyguyrr
01-28-2012, 05:44 PM
meh

Pasta Little Brioni
01-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Solid move.

MagicHef
01-28-2012, 06:38 PM

I think he stays at CB, he played at a very high level this past year. The nice thing is that with him, Harris, Squid and Vaughn, if we can get a #2 corner, we're pretty much set at CB depth. Carter can play either S, so if Moore shows the ability to do anything other than personal fouls, or if we bring in someone else, our secondary seems OK to me.

MahiMike
01-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Don't know if I'm happy or sad. Having to see that idiot on the sidelines during Donko games will bring back bad Jag memories. At the same time, dude's an idiot so Chiefs have nothing to worry about.

Setsuna
01-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Don't know if I'm happy or sad. Having to see that idiot on the sidelines during Donko games will bring back bad Jag memories. At the same time, dude's an idiot so Chiefs have nothing to worry about.

Shut up bitch.

beach tribe
01-28-2012, 11:26 PM
He did nothing because he was given nothing. Don't kid yourself. No one, outside of Maurice Jones-Drew, was any good on that team. Holds true now. The GM can't draft talent if it was his own son. The GM should have been fired and Del Rio given another year with a draft without that loser Smith at the helm. Don't talk about things you have ZERO ideas about. I liked him and was mad he got fired when that abortion of a GM still is apart of the organization. The Jags won't be any good unless Gene Smith is gone. I stand by that statement.

Then I guess he only had the #2 D because of all the veteran talent he had.
I think it was good hire, but I'd rather have Crennel running my D any day.

And hang up the "don't talk about things you have Zero Idea about" You only use it every third post. Douche.

Setsuna
01-29-2012, 12:19 AM
This is about the city I live in you retard. I know what I'm talking about.

beach tribe
01-29-2012, 01:44 AM
This is about the city I live in you retard. I know what I'm talking about.

And yet another response utilizing ZERO comprehension skills.
Damn dude, re-read the posts a couple times before responding if you have to.

HoneyBadger
01-29-2012, 01:50 AM
Why can't Pioli make moves like this? Oh yeah, he's not well liked around the league right now.

Mile High Mania
01-29-2012, 06:17 AM
Don't talk about things you have ZERO ideas about.

I didn't realize I was in the presence of a Del Rio Mastermind... please, continue to pontificate.

Garcia Bronco
01-29-2012, 08:08 AM
Allen did a great job improving the defense. Hopefully Jack takes it to the next level.

MahiMike
01-29-2012, 10:10 AM
The Jags won't be any good unless Gene Smith, David Garrard AND Del RIO are gone.

Fixed it for you. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Setsuna
01-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Fixed it for you. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Ok dude. when our 2012 drafts sucks yet again, you tell me all of the team's misfortune wasn't because of Gene Smith alone. Because it was and is and always will be.

Setsuna
01-29-2012, 02:49 PM
And yet another response utilizing ZERO comprehension skills.
Damn dude, re-read the posts a couple times before responding if you have to.

Please. I know what you said. We made decent FA pick ups, and that's why our Defense was good. Please, please shut up to things you don't understand. Stick to your Chiefs, because you don't know shit about the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Okie_Apparition
01-29-2012, 02:50 PM
HE's a name
& in ESPN world that's all that matters

MagicHef
01-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Allen did a great job improving the defense. Hopefully Jack takes it to the next level.

Everyone keeps saying this, but I'm not sure I see it. Our defense played well when Von and Dumervil were healthy, and they played badly when either one was hurt. Likewise, the 2010 defense that Allen improved us from had neither Von nor Dumervil.

Tombstone RJ
01-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Everyone keeps saying this, but I'm not sure I see it. Our defense played well when Von and Dumervil were healthy, and they played badly when either one was hurt. Likewise, the 2010 defense that Allen improved us from had neither Von nor Dumervil.

Ayers showed improvement. Of course when he was drafted he was a 3 year project and the coaching staff that drafted him played him at outside LBer in a 3-4. His natural position is a 4-3 DE and hopefully he will continue to get better.

Denver's defense sucked so bad that it had no where to go but up. We'll see if Del Rio can continue the improvement.

Setsuna
01-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Ayers showed improvement. Of course when he was drafted he was a 3 year project and the coaching staff that drafted him played him at outside LBer in a 3-4. His natural position is a 4-3 DE and hopefully he will continue to get better.

Denver's defense sucked so bad that it had no where to go but up. We'll see if Del Rio can continue the improvement.

He will.