PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Clash of the Sitcoms: Round 2, Heat 10.

Rain Man
01-28-2012, 09:41 PM
As an aside, I think we'll have 17 or 18 heats in this round, depending on how I handle some odd numbers.

This heat is going to be an interesting niche warfare battle a la World War I.

Wait, that was trench warfare.

Eh, close enough.

Enjoy this message from our fine sponsors at Ford.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uDk_TEM257k?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uDk_TEM257k?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Extra Point
01-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Police Squad FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rain Man
01-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Man, this heat was easy. My thoughts:

#1. Third Rock From the Sun. Dick learning how to tip, Tommy and the social worker visit, William Shatner as the Big Fat Head...what's not to love?

#2. Arrested Development. If Jason Bateman is in it, it's going to be good. It's kind of a rule.

#3. Archer. I'm voting for this because I'm afraid of the Archer fans. That, and it's funny.

Didn't make the cut.

#4. Charles in Charge. I never understood the subtexts and cleverly interwoven plots. Maybe that's because there weren't any.

#5. Beavis and Butthead. Only because I can't rank it sixth.

Pitt Gorilla
01-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Man, this heat was easy. My thoughts:

#1. Third Rock From the Sun. Dick learning how to tip, Tommy and the social worker visit, William Shatner as the Big Fat Head...what's not to love?

#2. Arrested Development. If Jason Bateman is in it, it's going to be good. It's kind of a rule.

#3. Archer. I'm voting for this because I'm afraid of the Archer fans. That, and it's funny.

Didn't make the cut.

#4. Charles in Charge. I never understood the subtexts and cleverly interwoven plots. Maybe that's because there weren't any.

#5. Beavis and Butthead. Only because I can't rank it sixth.Agree with your top three selection, just not the permutation.

Rasputin
01-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Was Charlie's Angels considered a sitcom? Or did I miss that one. It should be in this thing imo.

DJ's left nut
01-28-2012, 09:59 PM
I swear to God, you people are just fucking with me now.

Really? Beavis and Butthead? Or just a 'null' vote?

Naaaaaaah, you're just dicking with me now.

Rasputin
01-28-2012, 10:02 PM
I swear to God, you people are just ****ing with me now.

I would not have voted for Beavis and Butthead, but the new series was very good and funny or better than ever. Busted out laughing out loud.

Bump
01-28-2012, 10:24 PM
I swear to God, you people are just ****ing with me now.

Beavis and Butthead is the shit!

I would expect Arrested Development to be in the final part of this contest too.

Rain Man
01-28-2012, 10:31 PM
The hope that was destroyed when people killed Malcolm in the Middle and Just Shoot Me is slowly being restored with the strong performance of Third Rock so far. Make me proud of you, people! Keep Third Rock strong!

Gadzooks
What the hell is Archer?!? Seriously, I've never heard of this. I must research.

ShowtimeSBMVP
No love for Charles in Charge i see.

BigMeatballDave
01-28-2012, 10:38 PM
You no sense of humor Fags better be voting for Archer

BigMeatballDave

Gay

patteeu
Since the amazing outcry in Round 1, I've had the chance to watch the entire first season of Archer. It's no Curb Your Enthusiasm or Malcolm in the Middle, but it's good so it got my lone vote in this heat (although I can't say it lives up to the hype it got here).

Deberg_1990
01-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Beavis and butthead is brilliant in my book

Bump
01-28-2012, 10:42 PM

only Jimmy Fallon does Bob Dylan doing Charles in Charge should get any love

Mama Hip Rockets
01-29-2012, 12:02 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4T_2mUbne38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
VOTE ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

NJChiefsFan
01-29-2012, 12:31 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4T_2mUbne38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
VOTE ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

LMAO The best is later when he gets run off the road and Lindsay thinks he is doing his own chicken impression and gives him props for it.

splatbass
01-29-2012, 01:33 AM
Was Charlie's Angels considered a sitcom? Or did I miss that one. It should be in this thing imo.

It was hilarious, but I don't think they intended it to be.

Phobia
01-29-2012, 01:44 AM
I've tried to watch Archer. Probably should start from the beginning because I find myself drifting off after 2 minutes. Don't get it.

Third Rock from the Sun had its moments. I watched a few episodes.

But I still voted none of the above.

BigMeatballDave
01-29-2012, 01:44 AM
Archer losing to B and B.

Fucking Travesty.

SLAG
01-29-2012, 01:49 AM
Archer, Third Rock, Arrested Development

HoneyBadger
01-29-2012, 01:51 AM
AD should be taking this in a land slide, however I know 50% of the posters on this site are stupid and can't make good choices.

Phobia
01-29-2012, 02:15 AM
AD should be taking this in a land slide, however I know 50% of the posters on this site are stupid and can't make good choices.
Don't know why but haven't seen it.

HoneyBadger
01-29-2012, 02:40 AM
Don't know why but haven't seen it.

Do me a personal favor, and watch it. Watch them in order though.

mikey23545
01-29-2012, 05:14 AM
Nothing but video detritus.

Move on.

Crush
01-29-2012, 06:12 AM
Since the amazing outcry in Round 1, I've had the chance to watch the entire first season of Archer. It's no Curb Your Enthusiasm or Malcolm in the Middle, but it's good so it got my lone vote in this heat (although I can't say it lives up to the hype it got here).

Season 2 is superior to Season 1.

patteeu
01-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Season 2 is superior to Season 1.

Thanks. I liked it enough that I'll watch season 2 when it comes out on Netflix. (I don't have cable).

Mosbonian
01-29-2012, 10:09 AM
Sorry.....I found no show in this group that I thought deserved my vote.

Charles in Charge was just an attempt to revitalize Scott Baio's and Willie Aame's flagging careers. It stunk

From the episodes I have tried to watch of Archer, I couldn't find anything that made me want to like it. Never liked B&B, but I can understand how it would appeal to others.

Never found any reason to watch Arrested Development......

3rd Rock From the Sun was good the first year, but the longer it was on the less I liked it. And the French Stewart character just grew to become more annoying the most you watched.

Bump
01-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Arrested Development is the 2nd best comedy show of ALL TIME next to Seinfeld (and it's close). Fucking watch it on netflix if you haven't seen it yet.

Mosbonian
01-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Arrested Development is the 2nd best comedy show of ALL TIME next to Seinfeld (and it's close). ****ing watch it on netflix if you haven't seen it yet.

I try watching all of the shows a few episodes before I give up on them. And the fact that you say AD and Seinfeld are the 2 best of all time, shows that we have different tastes. How about we leave it at that.

Seinfeld is good, but on my list it wouldn't even make the Top 10.

whoman69
01-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Beavis and Butthead wasn't even really a show, but a few very short clips surrounded by music videos.

Bump
01-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Beavis and Butthead wasn't even really a show, but a few very short clips surrounded by music videos.

not if you watch them on netflix, they fucking took out the videos because of the corporate world we live in.

Psyko Tek
01-29-2012, 12:18 PM
arrested development is the best thing Fox canceled since firefly
I always laughed out loud when watching that show

Mama Hip Rockets
01-29-2012, 01:29 PM
I try watching all of the shows a few episodes before I give up on them. And the fact that you say AD and Seinfeld are the 2 best of all time, shows that we have different tastes. How about we leave it at that.

Seinfeld is good, but on my list it wouldn't even make the Top 10.

If it makes any difference to you, I think Seinfeld is utterly horrible, and I think Arrested Development is the funniest show ever made. Just give Arrested Development a shot.

Predarat
01-29-2012, 02:32 PM
3rd Rock was good, Charles was good, when I was 12. Beavis and Butthead was good when I was younger the the reboot series made me laugh my ass off.

Pitt Gorilla
01-29-2012, 02:57 PM
AD pulling away?!? WTF is going on around here? Just when I was ready to write you all off...

Ultra Peanut
01-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Welp. I only voted for AD out of the fear that it would get edged out by something else I voted for.

I appreciate Archer, in that I loved H. Jon Benjamin on Home Movies (and Cheap Seats, lol) and adored Sealab and especially Frisky Dingo, and apparently there are even more AD actors beyond the inimitable Jessica Walter, but I've only seen a couple of episodes despite meaning to watch it forevvvver. I regret not voting for it and Third Rock From the Sun because hey, that was a fun show to watch in syndication as a kid and I really dig Joseph Gordon Leavitt.

BigMeatballDave
01-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Fuck all you Fags that voted for B and B and didn't vote for Archer.

Yes, I'm butthurt.

cardken
01-29-2012, 07:53 PM
One name Gwendolyn Peirce.

Rain Man
01-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Okay, closing down.

Moving on are Arrested Development, Beavis and Butthead, and Third Rock.

Please don't kill me, Archer people.