PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fescoe claiming the Chiefs are going to hire McDaniels after Super Bowl?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-30-2012, 09:39 AM
Someone said he said this on 610 this morning. If so, he is one dumb motherfucker. Why would McDaniels go to NE just for the playoffs?

KC_Lee
01-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Throwing things against a wall, see what sticks?

Sofa King
01-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Someone said he said this on 610 this morning. If so, he is one dumb mother****er. Why would McDaniels go to NE just for the playoffs?

http://www.innerspaeth.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/patssuper-bowl-ring.jpg

Mr_Tomahawk
01-30-2012, 09:41 AM
McDaniels starts with the Patriots Monday

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 7, 2012, 7:45 PM EST

We told you earlier Saturday that Josh McDaniels was expected to return to the Patriots. Now it’s official.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports McDaniels finalized a contract with New England. He’ll be an offensive assistant for the team in the playoffs, and become the offensive coordinator in the 2012 season.

Bill O’Brien will remain the team’s offensive coordinator for the team’s playoff run. The Patriots will face the winner of the Steelers and Broncos.

UPDATE 10:23 p.m. ET: Peter King reported McDaniels will start Monday.

Sofa King
01-30-2012, 09:44 AM
McDaniels starts with the Patriots Monday

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 7, 2012, 7:45 PM EST

We told you earlier Saturday that Josh McDaniels was expected to return to the Patriots. Now it’s official.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports McDaniels finalized a contract with New England. He’ll be an offensive assistant for the team in the playoffs, and become the offensive coordinator in the 2012 season.

Bill O’Brien will remain the team’s offensive coordinator for the team’s playoff run. The Patriots will face the winner of the Steelers and Broncos.

UPDATE 10:23 p.m. ET: Peter King reported McDaniels will start Monday.

Well this was a short thread.

Amnorix
01-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Yeah, this is a non-starter. McDaniels is the Pats OC for 2012. Not much else to say, really.

The Bad Guy
01-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Well, BossChief keeps brining this up so Fescoe must read this board.

Let's see here...coach Brady and a SB team, or come here with Cassel.

Decisions, decisions.

Simply Red
01-30-2012, 09:47 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2e331xt.gif

mikeyis4dcats.
01-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Well this was a short thread.

note the date on the tweet.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-30-2012, 09:55 AM
note the date on the tweet.

It wasn't a tweet.

And are they suppose to announce it every week? :spock:

phisherman
01-30-2012, 10:20 AM
fescoe is a moron. plain and simple. he gives KU fans a bad name.

FringeNC
01-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Dumbest "rumor" out there. Makes no sense.

lcarus
01-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Yeah, this is a non-starter. McDaniels is the Pats OC for 2012. Not much else to say, really.

What a tough job he'll have. :rolleyes:

"Throw it up to Gronkowski. Throw a slant to Welker."

DJ's left nut
01-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Fescoe could tell me that water is wet and I'd begin to have my doubts about it.

Fescoe is a steaming pile of worthless beaker shit. The next cogent, useful thought he has will be his first.

The man is barely sentient.

Urc Burry
01-30-2012, 10:30 AM
I mean, it would be possible if we give him the assistant head coach tag wouldn't it? But I don't think there is anyway it happens

htismaqe
01-30-2012, 10:31 AM
I mean, it would be possible if we give him the assistant head coach tag wouldn't it? But I don't think there is anyway it happens

No.

KCUnited
01-30-2012, 10:31 AM
THAT AINT COOL, MAN!!1!

Imon Yourside
01-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Who else is out there that represents "The Patriot Way"?

Mr_Tomahawk
01-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Who else is out there that represents "The Patriot Way"?

Ferentz.

Dayze
01-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Fescoe is HORRIBLE. Yet, he's #1 in teh morning. ....that right there tells you how god awful Sports talk in KC is.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Fescoe is HORRIBLE. Yet, he's #1 in teh morning. ....that right there tells you how god awful Sports talk in KC is.

and how many KU fans live in the metro

DJ's left nut
01-30-2012, 10:38 AM

It tells you that a lot of beakers enjoy being fellated on the drive in to work.

There's just no substance to that jackass at all.

Imon Yourside
01-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Ferentz.

I give that chance about a one in a million.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-30-2012, 10:42 AM
I give that chance about a one in a million.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bears-huddle/files/2011/12/dumbanddumber1994m720pm-624x351.png

qabbaan
01-30-2012, 10:43 AM
I am sure Pioli would have loved it. I'm just glad a job opened that no sane person would turn down to come here as OC.

Between being shackled to Cassel and dealing with the organization's hostile culture, it's no wonder they had to promote Romeo

loochy
01-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Fescoe now claiming the Chiefs only hired Romeo Crennel to be the coach until training camp starts.

Sofa King
01-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Fescoe now claiming the Chiefs only hired Romeo Crennel to be the coach until training camp starts.

I totally called that.

Nowayicallthatbullshit/ILied

gblowfish
01-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Bob Fescoe can blow Bob Davis for all I care.

Micjones
01-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Am I the only person disappointed that we won't have McDaniels as OC?

I mean...If we HAVE to be stuck with Cassel...

suds79
01-30-2012, 11:06 AM

Yes.

Fired in Denver, 30-32nd (can't remember which) ranked O in St. Louis.

Now if we had Bill Belichick as an HC, players similar to that amazing pats team a few years back, sure Josh can be our OC.

Imon Yourside
01-30-2012, 11:07 AM

When you look at what is out there, i agree.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-30-2012, 11:08 AM

The smell of mythical bird shit must have fried his brain.

Discuss Thrower
01-30-2012, 11:08 AM

Christ, we're to the point we've accepted our abuse at the hands of GM. We need a battered fanbase shelter.

suds79
01-30-2012, 11:10 AM

Furthermore, on the "If we HAVE to be stuck with Cassel" comment.

We know what Matt Cassel is right? We know he could never, never lead a team much past 1 playoff win much less a SB.

No we'd be better off letting Cassel flame out (which he'll probably do) vs masking his play as "just okay" and holding that job for the next 3-4 years with no realistic shot at doing anything great.

FringeNC
01-30-2012, 11:28 AM

Kidding, right? I guess it is consistent with the McDaniels idiocy -- that he is coming here as head coach? Obviously, not happening.

loochy
01-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Kidding, right? I guess it is consistent with the McDaniels idiocy -- that he is coming here as head coach? Obviously, not happening.

Of course I was kidding. I made up some fake news, just like Frescoe did.

Micjones
01-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Christ, we're to the point we've accepted our abuse at the hands of GM. We need a battered fanbase shelter.

Name one available option better than McDaniels.

DJ's left nut
01-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Name one available option better than McDaniels.

I'd rather have Hue Jackson.

Though I agree with your sentiment that McDaniels would actually be a pretty nice hire for us. He's a shit head-coach but that doesn't make him a shit OC.

Micjones
01-30-2012, 11:46 AM
I'd rather have Hue Jackson.

He's probably the best available option, but I'd rather have McDaniels.
Jackson's had 1 successful season at that post. Not sure why everyone's clamoring for him.

Amnorix
01-30-2012, 11:50 AM
What a tough job he'll have. :rolleyes:

"Throw it up to Gronkowski. Throw a slant to Welker."

I'm hoping he brings that St. Louis WR who loves him, and is currently a FA, to New England. If he can do that, he'll have paid off handsomely.

But yes, the Pats offense will make nearly any OC look good.

DJ's left nut
01-30-2012, 11:51 AM
He's probably the best available option, but I'd rather have McDaniels.
Jackson's had 1 successful season at that post. Not sure why everyone's clamoring for him.

I like his offense a little better.

I know the 5-wide, arcade style passing games are en-vogue right now, but they make me awfully nervous long-term. You're just entirely too dependent on 1 player and that 1 player better be HOF caliber. I'd rather have an offensive attack that is slightly shaded to throwing the ball, but still maintains a healthy ground attack.

Jackson was able to build a well-balanced offensive attack around a pile of mediocre quarterbacks and 2 RBs that were good, but both present issues of their own.

I get the feeling that Hue Jackson can give you a top 10 offense without a HOF quarterback at his disposal. And if you were to give him one, he'd be that much better. He seems to understand the running game better than McDaniels while also being able to do a strong job with the passing game despite having no real WR talent and Jason Cambpell as his best QB.

DaWolf
01-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Someone said he said this on 610 this morning. If so, he is one dumb mother****er. Why would McDaniels go to NE just for the playoffs?

It was just a bunch of speculation. Jayice Pearson was on and they asked him what was taking so long with the coordinator hire, and he said he had no idea, wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs were waiting for the Pats to finish the season so that they could hire someone off of their team, which caused them to start speculating about some weird arrangement with McDaniels.

Considering they couldn't even get Bill O'Brien's name right, I'd say they have no idea what is going on...

the Talking Can
01-30-2012, 11:57 AM

I know the 5-wide, arcade style passing games are en-vogue right now, but they make me awfully nervous long-term. You're just entirely too dependent on 1 player and that 1 player better be HOF caliber. I'd rather have an offensive attack that is slightly shaded to throwing the ball, but still maintains a healthy ground attack.

Jackson was able to build a well-balanced offensive attack around a pile of mediocre quarterbacks and 2 RBs that were good, but both present issues of their own.

I get the feeling that Hue Jackson can give you a top 10 offense without a HOF quarterback at his disposal. And if you were to give him one, he'd be that much better. He seems to understand the running game better than McDaniels while also being able to do a strong job with the passing game despite having no real WR talent and Jason Cambpell as his best QB.

agreed

he's also kind of a 'needs-more-me' asshat like Gunther, which is fine at the coordinator level but not so fine as a HC

Micjones
01-30-2012, 11:59 AM

Good point.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-30-2012, 12:10 PM
It was just a bunch of speculation. Jayice Pearson was on and they asked him what was taking so long with the coordinator hire, and he said he had no idea, wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs were waiting for the Pats to finish the season so that they could hire someone off of their team, which caused them to start speculating about some weird arrangement with McDaniels.

Considering they couldn't even get Bill O'Brien's name right, I'd say they have no idea what is going on...

I didn't catch who it was buy Friday on 810 some guy was speculating the same thing.

qabbaan
01-30-2012, 12:11 PM
I didn't catch who it was buy Friday on 810 some guy was speculating the same thing.

Are the sports radio guys in KC really this dumb?

Mr_Tomahawk
01-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Seeings they showed interest in Mike Sherman, I think they have moved on from McDaniels in there search..

-oh-

And he is UNDER CONTRACT WITH THE PATS FOR 2012!

mikeyis4dcats.
01-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Seeings they showed interest in Mike Sherman, I think they have moved on from McDaniels in there search..

-oh-

And he is UNDER CONTRACT WITH THE PATS FOR 2012!

contracts mean nothing...not that i believe this.

lcarus
01-30-2012, 12:32 PM
But yes, the Pats offense will make nearly any OC look good.

Burn in hell. :p

Dayze
01-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Are the sports radio guys in KC really this dumb?

yes

Mr. Flopnuts
01-30-2012, 02:20 PM

Thanks for the clarification, I hadn't heard it first hand. I've learned a couple things here recently.

1. Bob Fescoe is a dumbass.

2. Our organization is in complete disarray, and leadership apparently has their heads straight up their asses.

I know a lot of people already knew number 2, but I had to get some more facts.

GUM WRAPPERS FTMFW!!!!

BossChief
01-30-2012, 02:25 PM

I get the feeling that Hue Jackson can give you a top 10 offense without a HOF quarterback at his disposal. And if you were to give him one, he'd be that much better. He seems to understand the running game better than McDaniels while also being able to do a strong job with the passing game despite having no real WR talent and Jason Cambpell as his best QB.:clap:

Well, BossChief keeps brining this up so Fescoe must read this board.

Let's see here...coach Brady and a SB team, or come here with Cassel.

Decisions, decisions.:rolleyes:

I havent brought it up for about a week iirc...prior to that, I only suggested it twice and that was prior to me knowing that Josh was indeed, signed for next year in NE.

IF that report is accurate, that Josh is under contract in NE next year, then this is a moot issue and these talk guy are a little silly talking about it.

01-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Shit, I could see the Chiefs doing this. Getting punked by NE twice.

Epic Fail 007
01-30-2012, 04:51 PM
lol wtf,proves the staff at 610 are idiots

JD10367
01-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Shit, I could see the Chiefs doing this. Getting punked by NE twice.

:spock:

We sold you Pioli, and we sold you Cassel... would this make it three times?

:p

01-30-2012, 05:12 PM

Well, I considered Pioli a good hire at the time so I'm not really counting that. I knew from the start that Cassel was a tremendous mistake. I feel the same way about McDumbass.

NJChiefsFan
01-30-2012, 05:39 PM

Considering the quality of your team since Pioli left, especially the defense, you probably would have been good to keep him. Not that he is lighting the world up here.