PDA

View Full Version : Football Football Championship? JOLLY GOOD!

MMXcalibur
01-31-2012, 12:24 AM
http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34629231

Irsay says Super Bowl in London is possibility
Posted on: January 30, 2012 3:12 pm
Edited on: January 30, 2012 3:28 pm
PrintEmail a FriendFacebookTwitterShareScore: 116
Rate This Post:Rate This Post:Rate This Post:FairGoodCoolAwesomeI Love It!By Josh Katzowitz

INDIANAPOLIS -- The members of the Super Bowl committee lately have been content to award hosting duties in cities in the northern part of the U.S. For instance, Indianapolis here and New Jersey in 2014. But what about an international Super Bowl?

Apparently, that’s been something the committee has discussed.

“There’s a little bit of change in philosophy,” Irsay said Monday. “We have the 50-year anniversary coming up, which we’re looking at. There are some members of our committee who have been thinking about having an international Super Bowl in London. That obviously has some real pluses and minuses if you weren’t going to have it on America soil. Right now, we’re in a wait-and-see approach.”

Los Angeles also has drawn some interest from the Super Bowl committee, assuming the Farmer Field project is completed at some point. But London? It seems … well … not very fan-friendly and, probably more importantly, not very corporate-friendly.

It is good news that the committee is willing to get out of the San Diego-Miami-New Orleans rotation every once in a while. Though Dallas, in many ways, had problems, Indianapolis has been a dream so far. Of course, Super Bowl XLVI will be played in a dome, and if the weather drops to 30 degrees and snow begins to fall here, it won’t matter.

The same can’t be said for the New Meadowlands Super Bowl in two years.

“We’re always looking at new stadiums, in warm weather or in a dome,” Irsay said. “We’re obviously going to have a trial weather balloon on that in New York. It could be interesting.”

London could be interesting as well. But that doesn’t mean it’s a great idea.

I already wasn't on board with the NFL lap dance that is the "International Series", but giving up a Super Bowl to the Redcoats?

NEVER!!!!

|Zach|
01-31-2012, 12:29 AM
You have to wonder if they think the American market for NFL consumption is really that saturated. Trying to get more of those international dollars and eyes.

01-31-2012, 12:34 AM
That would be the year the Chiefs actually made the Superbowl.

|Zach|
01-31-2012, 12:35 AM
Like this...they built this whole intricate site as an introduction to NFL football. It is actually really well put together. Gives you rules and position break downs as well as cliffs notes information about each team...what their history is like and what they are known for.

http://www.nfl-360.com/

This is made specifically with potential UK fans in mind.

Seems the NFL knows that if you have a few dollars to spend on the NFL they probably are not getting a whole lot more out of you from year to year. Keep spreading one of the most successful leagues in the world to other places.

|Zach|
01-31-2012, 12:36 AM

Not sure if I would want to go to a Chiefs SB or not. I would love to be right in Kansas City if\when they win the big one.

SPchief
01-31-2012, 12:48 AM
Not sure if I would want to go to a Chiefs SB or not. I would love to be right in Kansas City if\when they win the big one.

Yeah, I'd love to be here if/when they do finally win one again. The city would be shut down.

R8RFAN
01-31-2012, 02:18 AM

ROFL There you go again, Chiefs and Superbowl in the same sentence

CoMoChief
01-31-2012, 03:12 AM
A halftime "Sha-poopy" performance? No thanks....would rather watch a senile Rolling Stones group carrying around their piss bags at 95 yrs old......shirts off and leather pants of course.

01-31-2012, 03:19 AM
ROFL There you go again, Chiefs and Superbowl in the same sentence

Gotta keep hope alive no matter how bleak it looks.

Phobia
01-31-2012, 03:27 AM
They're quite clearly pushing for an international team in the next decade. Can you imagine what kind of homefield advantage the London Bollocks would have?

Discuss Thrower
01-31-2012, 03:49 AM
They're quite clearly pushing for an international team in the next decade. Can you imagine what kind of homefield advantage the London Bollocks would have?

They'd have to have them play 8 straight games for both home and a away...

LiveSteam
01-31-2012, 04:13 AM
Will they call half time,Tea time?
That was a jolly good play mate.
Dear God he fumbled the bloody football.
They blew the bagpipes before the play was over
Sir Matt Cassle is checking off at the line of scrimmage.
Is that the Queen

Ya fuck all that & Goodell's pussification of the NFL

Bob Dole
01-31-2012, 06:28 AM
Sure. Let's give a huge economic boost to a city in another country.

If this happens, Bob Dole is done with this league.
Posted via Mobile Device

InChiefsHeaven
01-31-2012, 06:42 AM
Sure. Let's give a huge economic boost to a city in another country.

If this happens, Bob Dole is done with this league.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly. You don't see them trying to play a World Series outside the United States FFS. And that's actually called the World Series.

This would piss me off to no end. I can't imagine it being a big success either, given the time difference and the fact that even less Americans would make it there to see the game. Add to that the fact that the Brits don't know how to cheer and they do stupid Ole Ole chants or whatever, it's not American Football.

Dumb idea.

Start Croyle
01-31-2012, 06:50 AM
Well, you have to figure that the tickets are so expensive that there are no 'normal people' at the game to begin with. Like every person at the super bowl normally pays for premium seats, luxury box, etc. Most are flying in from some other town anyway.

So it isn't that big a deal for them to fly to London to see it. A lot of people who are doing business overseas will probably go.

InChiefsHeaven
01-31-2012, 06:52 AM
Just imagine the tailgating in London...Boiled Mutton and Haggas....mmmmmm...

Dartgod
01-31-2012, 07:33 AM
I think a squirrel has done ate the NFL's brains.

Buck
01-31-2012, 07:42 AM
Jim Irsay is an attention whore and I will never take anything he says seriously.

Sofa King
01-31-2012, 08:28 AM
Jim Irsay is an attention whore and I will never take anything he says seriously.

This is truth.