PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thursday night games from Weeks 2-15

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-03-2012, 10:59 AM
EKaberonEli Kaberon
NFL Network will air Thursday night games from Weeks 2-15 starting in 2012. Allows every team to get a primetime game.

NFL Network plans 13 Thursday night games in 2012

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 3, 2012, 12:01 PM EST

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell revealed today that the number of regular-season games televised by NFL Network is about to increase.

Goodell said the NFL Network will expand to 13 Thursday night games for the 2012 season. He also said all 32 NFL teams will be guaranteed at least one prime time game over the course of the 2012 season.

Fans should be ready for Thursday Night Football to become a regular part of their lives, just as fans have grown accustomed to football all day Sunday and again on Monday night.

“We’re going to be playing Thursday night games from Week 2 to Week 15,” Goodell said.

As for fans who don’t get NFL Network, Goodell said it’s time for the holdout cable companies to get in line or risk losing NFL fans.

“The market for NFL Network is here,” Goodell said. “And it’s going to continue to grow.”

Hydrae
02-03-2012, 11:00 AM
EKaberonEli Kaberon
NFL Network will air Thursday night games from Weeks 2-15 starting in 2013. Allows every team to get a primetime game.

Man, that makes getting your roster set for fantasy football tough.

It also lets NFL network have more games to justify their existance.

58-4ever
02-03-2012, 11:00 AM
I love Thursday night football.

lcarus
02-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Man, that makes getting your roster set for fantasy football tough.

It also lets NFL network have more games to justify their existance.

I don't know, the leagues I've been in the last couple of years (on different sites) make you put in any player you want from the Thursday night game but the rest you don't have to decide on until Sunday before kickoff.

Dartgod
02-03-2012, 11:16 AM
What will we bitch about now? (referring to not getting any prime time games when the schedules are announced).

Buck
02-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Love it, but I'm going to bitch to all hell when we have back to back road games and the 2nd one is a Thursday night game.

Quesadilla Joe
02-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Will they show these games on Sunday Ticket this year then?

In58men
02-03-2012, 11:35 AM

Trick question?

Fritz88
02-03-2012, 11:40 AM
In.
Posted via Mobile Device

blaise
02-03-2012, 11:40 AM
NFL Network sucks.

HemiEd
02-03-2012, 11:45 AM
What will we bitch about now? (referring to not getting any prime time games when the schedules are announced).

We always have Pioli to fall back on. He didn't belittle Cassel publicly.

Bearcat
02-03-2012, 11:49 AM
As for fans who don’t get NFL Network, Goodell said it’s time for the holdout cable companies to get in line or risk losing NFL fans.

“The market for NFL Network is here,” Goodell said. “And it’s going to continue to grow.”

I think there was only one Thursday night game worth watching last year... the Ravens/49ers. So, I'm not going to switch from TWC, and don't really care to "pressure my cable company" on the NFL's behalf.

From what I've read, the whole argument stems from the NFL wanting their network on TWC's standard tier, and TWC wanting to put it on the sports tier. Yeah... no desire to help fight that battle.

Just another reason to watch more college football, which also has Thursday night games.

Dayze
02-03-2012, 11:53 AM
sweet, now you don't even have to be very good to get a primetime game.

They should expand the playoffs next.

*edit*
or, now a better reason to show the team with the best storyline/media darlings 6 times per year.

Bearcat
02-03-2012, 11:54 AM
sweet, now you don't even have to be very good to get a primetime game.

They should expand the playoffs next.

You already don't have to be very good to get into the playoffs...

Bugeater
02-03-2012, 11:55 AM
I think there was only one Thursday night game worth watching last year... the Ravens/49ers. So, I'm not going to switch from TWC, and don't really care to "pressure my cable company" on the NFL's behalf.

From what I've read, the whole argument stems from the NFL wanting their network on TWC's standard tier, and TWC wanting to put it on the sports tier. Yeah... no desire to help fight that battle.

Just another reason to watch more college football, which also has Thursday night games.
Yeah I agree, the games have been pretty meh, and the broadcasts are terrible. Those of you who don't have NFLN aren't missing much.

In58men
02-03-2012, 11:56 AM
NFL Network sucks.

You're drunk.

Buns
02-03-2012, 12:05 PM
The NFL Network games were shown online this past season, as well as NBC SNF

Dayze
02-03-2012, 12:07 PM
You already don't have to be very good to get into the playoffs...

yeah, it's just something Carl always wanted/loved.

Dayze
02-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Yeah I agree, the games have been pretty meh, and the broadcasts are terrible. Those of you who don't have NFLN aren't missing much.

I used to love NFLN, but man...it's become almost unwatchable. the only regulars on that network I can tolerate are Eisen, Mooch, and Faulk

Deion is a putz. Irvin is completely all over the place. Sapp is decent, but not when he gets on the same set as Deion and Irvin.

They seeriously need to fire their programming person. I don't need to see yet another 'Top 10' list for bizzarre assed categories. "Top 10 Sack Dances" is on the horizon I'm sure.

Sound FX, and possibly playbook are the only shows worth watching.
There used to be a show, it might still be on during the seeason, with Jim Mora JR and Brian Billick that was good.

Chiefnj2
02-03-2012, 12:15 PM
I used to love NFLN, but man...it's become almost unwatchable. the only regulars on that network I can tolerate are Eisen, Mooch, and Faulk

Deion is a putz. Irvin is completely all over the place. Sapp is decent, but not when he gets on the same set as Deion and Irvin.

I find that Mooch becomes an imbecile when Deion is around.

Bearcat
02-03-2012, 12:20 PM

I knew about SNF, but didn't know the NFLN games were online... and there's no verification needed, like espn3?

Also, in 2006, the Chiefs/Broncos game on NFLN was carried locally on TWC (ABC, IIRC)... so, that would be nice. But, if they're online, it ruins the whole thing about cable companies losing NFL fans.

Dayze
02-03-2012, 12:39 PM
I find that Mooch becomes an imbecile when Deion is around.

yeah. It's amazing how a guy is tolerable at one point, but then becomes a moron when around another set of dudes.

Like, When Deion is by himself with Eisen and maybe Davis, he's ok. when he gets around Irvin and Sapp, I feel like I'm in a barber shop. Can't hear what anyone is saying because they're all yelling at the same time etc.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-03-2012, 01:11 PM

Nope, a Chiefs game got moved to Friday because of the weather in Miami a few years ago and it didn't get shown on Sunday Ticket...until Sunday. It aired as a replay at the original broadcast time. No primetime games are ever available on Sunday Ticket.

morphius
02-03-2012, 02:02 PM
How about we just let the Cowboys have the Thursday night slow can call it good. Then I'll never feel bad when I miss the game...

Buns
02-03-2012, 03:36 PM
I knew about SNF, but didn't know the NFLN games were online... and there's no verification needed, like espn3?

Also, in 2006, the Chiefs/Broncos game on NFLN was carried locally on TWC (ABC, IIRC)... so, that would be nice. But, if they're online, it ruins the whole thing about cable companies losing NFL fans.

Not that I know of. Technically wasn't the same as on tv, they kept jumping to the total access studio and called it a look in or something. Not as cool as SNF where you can jump to different camera views.

O.city
02-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Night games at Arrowhead used to be cool, until our douche GM kept Cassel and no one shows up anymore.

02-03-2012, 03:39 PM

Unless something has changed they don't show you the entire game online. Just 5 minute segments of the game then they talk for 10 minutes about the game.

bevischief
02-03-2012, 04:00 PM
I can PM the link I used this season to watch NFL games on line never failed me including the playoffs.

Hydrae
02-03-2012, 04:20 PM
I can PM the link I used this season to watch NFL games on line never failed me including the playoffs.

You sure that isn't one of the sites the feds just shutdown? :p