PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pioli Interview This Morning

Chiefnj2
02-03-2012, 11:51 AM
1. Denied bugging of phones.
2. Completely evaded question about not paying Haley. {IMO, they ain't paying him}.
3. Romeo will hire whoever he wants for offense. Pioli is a firm believer in letting the head coach pick his staff. Romeo includes Pioli in interviews, but it is Romeo's choice to do so.
4. Romeo interviewed Zorn but is still waiting to interview some other people.
5. He's comfortable going into training camp with Cassel and Stanzi, but wants to add competition. Doesn't know where it will come from.
6. Optimistic about signing Carr and Bowe. The team wants both of them, and both players have expressed that they wish to remain with KC.

Dartgod
02-03-2012, 11:52 AM
5. He's comfortable going into training camp with Cassel and Stanzi...
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

KCUnited
02-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Both the Pioli and Hunt interviews are up under The Border Patrol.

http://www.810whb.com/page.php?page_id=98

In58men
02-03-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm only happy about #6

FringeNC
02-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Gretz has some stuff, too:

http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/pioli-speaks-on-arrowhead-anxiety.html#comments

He hasn’t spoken to the local media about the Kansas City Star story concerning the inner workings of the Chiefs that was titled “Arrowhead Anxiety.”
As always, Chiefs GM Scott Pioli saved his comments for the national media types, in this case old buddies in New England. Thursday on the Super Bowl Radio Row in Indianapolis, Pioli was on the air with WEEI’s “The Big Show” and hosts Glen Ordway and Michael Holley.

Pioli was asked for his take on the Star story that included allegations of bugged telephones and boorish behavior by the GM and others:
“You ask two different people and you get two different stories. I know what we do have there, there are a lot of employees who are very, very happy, very energetic, enjoy what they are doing, and they love accountability, they love being held to a certain standard. I see it as a place where there are a lot of people who are very happy to work there and love the ownership.”

When asked specifically about former head coach Todd Haley claims that he thought his cell phone had been tampered with and offices were bugged, Pioli said: “Yeah, I heard that, or I read that. Clark Hunt and Mark Donovan said at the time and I’ll say it again, unequivocally, completely, totally untrue.”
Appearing with Pioli on this show was Atlanta Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff who felt obliged to step up for his friend.

“I just like to say that article, ridiculous assertion,” Dimitroff said. “Scott Pioli is one of the top notch executives in this league. When you go into a building you try to turn things around, you change the proverbial arrow, move it up, there are going to some tough decisions to be made. From what I understand and knowing Scott, he’s going to do all in his power to make that organization what it should be. It’s a historic organization and he’s the man the city of Kansas City needs.”

aturnis
02-03-2012, 11:56 AM
2. Completely evaded question about not paying Haley. {IMO, they ain't paying him}.
3. Romeo will hire whoever he wants for offense. Pioli is a firm believer in letting the head coach pick his staff. Romeo includes Pioli in interviews, but it is Romeo's choice to do so.
5. He's comfortable going into training camp with Cassel and Stanzi, but wants to add competition. Doesn't know where it will come from.
6. Optimistic about signing Carr and Bowe. The team wants both of them, and both players have expressed that they wish to remain with KC.

#3's been proven a lie.

tredadda
02-03-2012, 11:57 AM
At least he is looking to keep Bowe and Carr. It also looks to be a good thing that they both want to stay. Get it done. The sad thing is he is still content with Cassel even though he wants to "add competition".

Okie_Apparition
02-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Romeo may get to chose his staff
But Pioli has to negotiate their contracts

Fritz88
02-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Fuck 3 and 5.

Coogs
02-03-2012, 12:02 PM
The sad thing is he is still content with Cassel even though he wants to "add competition".

I've got to believe that if it is a fair competition, and the HC/OC make the call on the starter, it won't really be that much of a competition.

Dave Lane
02-03-2012, 12:04 PM
#3's been proven a lie.

Yeah he can hire who he wants if he wants to be fired.

Chiefnj2
02-03-2012, 12:09 PM
#3's been proven a lie.

How?

DaWolf
Probably need more context behind No 5 before getting too worked up about it. If it aligns with the other comments they have been making the last couple of days, it was something to the tune of "these guys are under contract and we expect them to improve and play well, but we're planning on adding competition at the position." We all know Cassel isn't getting cut, so that's a moot point...

-King-
#3's been proven a lie.

How?
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
02-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Probably need more context behind No 5 before getting too worked up about it. If it aligns with the other comments they have been making the last couple of days, it was something to the tune of "these guys are under contract and we expect them to improve and play well, but we're planning on adding competition at the position." We all know Cassel isn't getting cut, so that's a moot point...

I believe the question was "Are you comfortable going into next season with Cassel and Stanzi as your QB's?" and his response was that he was "'quote' comfortable, but he was also comfortable bringing in competition.

DaWolf
02-03-2012, 12:12 PM
#3's been proven a lie.

Not sure how it's been proven a lie. You can assume it's a lie I suppose.

Based on the past issues here, one would think that it would be stupid of Pioli to force Crennel to hire a guy he didn't get along with, and also for Crennel to hire a guy whose vision didn't mesh with the front office, cause you would just be inviting conflict...

Dayze
02-03-2012, 12:13 PM
what Pioli means is, there will be competition for the 3rd string QBs.

DaWolf
02-03-2012, 12:14 PM
I believe the question was "Are you comfortable going into next season with Cassel and Stanzi as your QB's?" and his response was that he was "'quote' comfortable, but he was also comfortable bringing in competition.

Alright, well that is something that to me opens up the door to "well, we tried to bring in competition, but it takes two to tango" talk, which is something to get worried about.

Either way, the proof will be in the actions, not words...

Epic Fail 007
02-03-2012, 12:14 PM

Relax its talk. Casssel will not be the starter.Hell all the qbs in the college all star game looked better than cassel. Any competition will knock cassel out.

tredadda
02-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Relax its talk. Casssel will not be the starter.Hell all the qbs in the college all star game looked better than cassel. Any competition will knock cassel out.

Unless we draft one of them then it is a moot point.

Okie_Apparition
02-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Haley was never hung out to dry by Pioli publicly
Hopefully the recent stories of Cassel's inadequacies came from the same source as Haley's

Epic Fail 007
02-03-2012, 12:16 PM
what Pioli means is, there will be competition for the 3rd string QBs.

There are no 3rd strings anymore.

ChiefsCountry
02-03-2012, 12:24 PM
What a fucking pussy and clueless about PR. The stupid fucker should have been on a radio show Monday morning after Babb's article came out.

durtyrute
02-03-2012, 12:26 PM
How?

He might be talking about Weiss and Crennel being brought in for Haley.

BoneKrusher
02-03-2012, 12:32 PM
5. He's comfortable going into training camp with Cassel and Stanzi,

fire Pioli asap.

TEX
02-03-2012, 12:36 PM

http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/pioli-speaks-on-arrowhead-anxiety.html#comments

He hasn’t spoken to the local media about the Kansas City Star story concerning the inner workings of the Chiefs that was titled “Arrowhead Anxiety.”
As always, Chiefs GM Scott Pioli saved his comments for the national media types, in this case old buddies in New England. Thursday on the Super Bowl Radio Row in Indianapolis, Pioli was on the air with WEEI’s “The Big Show” and hosts Glen Ordway and Michael Holley.

Pioli was asked for his take on the Star story that included allegations of bugged telephones and boorish behavior by the GM and others:
“You ask two different people and you get two different stories. I know what we do have there, there are a lot of employees who are very, very happy, very energetic, enjoy what they are doing, and they love accountability, they love being held to a certain standard. I see it as a place where there are a lot of people who are very happy to work there and love the ownership.”

When asked specifically about former head coach Todd Haley claims that he thought his cell phone had been tampered with and offices were bugged, Pioli said: “Yeah, I heard that, or I read that. Clark Hunt and Mark Donovan said at the time and I’ll say it again, unequivocally, completely, totally untrue.”
Appearing with Pioli on this show was Atlanta Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff who felt obliged to step up for his friend.

“I just like to say that article, ridiculous assertion,” Dimitroff said. “Scott Pioli is one of the top notch executives in this league. When you go into a building you try to turn things around, you change the proverbial arrow, move it up, there are going to some tough decisions to be made. From what I understand and knowing Scott, he’s going to do all in his power to make that organization what it should be. It’s a historic organization and he’s the man the city of Kansas City needs.”

Double standard. Is Pioli accountable? HE hired Haley. HE traded for Cassel. HE gave Cassel the huge contract before letting him prove himself. HE drafted TJ. All huge decisions and all wrong.

Dayze
02-03-2012, 12:36 PM
There are no 3rd strings anymore.

yeah, I know. I was implying that Pioli will probably wordsmith his way out of it later saying "well, I said there would be competition, but not necessarily for 1st string etc"

he strikes me as a guy would would do that.

TEX
02-03-2012, 12:37 PM

# 5 is WHY Pioli = FAIL . :shake:

rico
02-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Well at least Stanzi was merely included in the conversation. Makes me think that he wasn't totally scrubalicious while training this season.

Amnorix
02-03-2012, 12:49 PM

fire Pioli asap.

# 5 is WHY Pioli = FAIL . :shake:

Why do you think, for a second, that he's going to throw Stanzi and/or Cassel under the bus, say they suck, and HOPE TO GOD that they can upgrade the position?

You want the team to overpay to move up in the draft for a QB by revealing that the Chiefs are desperate?

You want to throw current players under the bus? Establish a culture of back-stabbing players under contract?

You guys have got to learn to ignore the crap that OF COURSE they're going to say and realize that being 100% truthful to the media is about 3,521st on the list of "important things I need to do today" for an NFL coach/GM.

O.city
02-03-2012, 12:50 PM
I agree Amnorix.

Phobia
02-03-2012, 12:51 PM

Yeah, I don't blame Gretz or any other local guy for being mad about that stuff.

“I just like to say that article, ridiculous assertion,” Dimitroff said. “Scott Pioli is one of the top notch executives in this league.

According to whom? He might have had some success as the assistant to the man but he hasn't proven a single thing as top dog yet.

Amnorix
02-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Let me give you a hint -- the number of times Belichick said Bledsoe sucked in his book and would never start for the Patriots again before elevating Brady to the No. 1 spot and trading Bledsoe WITHIN THE DIVISION!!!:

Zero.

But what do you think BB's assessment of him was when he traded him to the freaking Bills?

HemiEd
02-03-2012, 12:52 PM

That is great news, first time I recall that being addressed.

Frankie
02-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Yeah he can hire who he wants if he wants to be fired.He is a one term HC anyway. They won't fire him and pay his contract after just hiring him. That would REALLY look bad for Pioli. I said it before and I say it again. Romeo should know that this is his last contract. This should give him political capital in the FO. If he has any back-bone at all he'll INSIST on hiring people HE wants, even if Pioli does not necessarily want them.

Probably need more context behind No 5 before getting too worked up about it. If it aligns with the other comments they have been making the last couple of days, it was something to the tune of "these guys are under contract and we expect them to improve and play well, but we're planning on adding competition at the position." We all know Cassel isn't getting cut, so that's a moot point...Refreshing words of wisdom. :thumb: All that doom and gloom bitching is getting tiresome.

Fish
02-03-2012, 12:54 PM
I know what we do have there, there are a lot of employees who are very, very happy, very energetic, enjoy what they are doing, and they love accountability, they love being held to a certain standard. I see it as a place where there are a lot of people who are very happy to work there and love the ownership.”

Riiiight.... And I bet if you asked Hitler, he'd say those Jews just loved a nice hot shower...

BoneKrusher
02-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Why do you think, for a second, that he's going to throw Stanzi and/or Cassel under the bus,

i think it because Scott was stoopid enough to trade a 2nd rd pick for this POS and then sign him to a huge contract.

Micjones
02-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Why do you think, for a second, that he's going to throw Stanzi and/or Cassel under the bus, say they suck, and HOPE TO GOD that they can upgrade the position?

You want the team to overpay to move up in the draft for a QB by revealing that the Chiefs are desperate?

You want to throw current players under the bus? Establish a culture of back-stabbing players under contract?

You guys have got to learn to ignore the crap that OF COURSE they're going to say and realize that being 100% truthful to the media is about 3,521st on the list of "important things I need to do today" for an NFL coach/GM.

/forum

Micjones
02-03-2012, 12:58 PM
i think it because Scott was stoopid enough to trade a 2nd rd pick for this POS and then sign him to a huge contract.

The draft pick part, had it ended there, wasn't so bad.
It was the "fat contract without seeing what the guy would do in Year One as our starter" part that sucked.

O.city
02-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Gonna get flamed for this but here it goes.

People on CP need to take a step back and look at this and what has happened.

In 3 years as the GM, Pioli has won the division 1 and damn near won it a second year after losing the teams best 3 players for the whole year, firing the coach midway thru, and losing it's starting qb, a shitty one but the starter. He's in a position that if he signs the right person to play qb, has a good draft, his team can be in a spot to be contenders in the near future.

I know the toxic environment stuff, and overbearing attitude is tough to look past. I don't like it as much as the next people, but I don't think it's that one sided. I think there is some truth and some ax grinding in there.

But he has come in and changed an environment that was pretty stagnent, to something that we haven't seen waht the outcome is yet.

I know he's an arrogant ass and it seems like he's nearing the point where he might be in trouble with his GM position.

I'm optimistic about this offseason. This is one of the most important offseasons in chiefs history. With the talent we have we are nearing a point of being able to contend if things work out. We need to be aggressive this offseason and get guys we want, that we think make us better.

Any down off the soapbox.

BoneKrusher
02-03-2012, 01:01 PM
The draft pick part, had it ended there, wasn't so bad.
It was the "fat contract without seeing what the guy would do in Year One as our starter" part that sucked.

and i think the reason Crennel got the HC gig was Pioli couldnt find a better guy who would accept Cassel as the starter, same with OC.

Amnorix
02-03-2012, 01:01 PM

What should he have done instead? You tell me. It's March/April, 2009. You want the Sanchize? How has that worked out for the Jets? It's only been 3 years so maybe he'll get better, but I'm telling you now that that guy is just NOT special.

With Cassel, he took a shot. It didn't go as well as hoped. Everyone around here loves to kick his ass for it, but I haven't heard where he passed on that "Tom Brady for a 1st and 3rd" or "Peyton Manning for DJ, straight up yo" options that were so much obviously better.

And from all appearances, Josh McDaniels wanted Cassel too, which says something since he was the guy's OC... Cassel's growth curve just flattened out and he never reached the levels that BOTH Pioli and McDaniels thought he would.

Amnorix
02-03-2012, 01:02 PM
and i think the reason Crennel got the HC gig was Pioli couldnt find a better guy who would accept Cassel as the starter, same with OC.

There are 32 NFL HC positions. At any given moment there are 100+ guys drooling and willing to give their left testicle to have one of them. You're nuts to think that it was Crennel or nobody, even if Cassel was anointed starter by Pioli, which is unlikely at best.

P.S. What are you guys (and there are like 100 of you on here) going to say if Cassel isn't starting at the start of 2012? You're all going to have an endless pile of crow to eat. Just sayin'...

BoneKrusher
02-03-2012, 01:03 PM

In 3 years as the GM, Pioli has won the division

that schedule was so easy i bet Pee Wee Herman could have done it.

BigMeatballDave
02-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Eat shit, Scott.

BoneKrusher
02-03-2012, 01:05 PM
What should he have done instead? You tell me. It's March/April, 2009.

he could have signed Shaun Hill, way better than Cassel and cheaper.

O.city
02-03-2012, 01:06 PM
The schedule was easy BoneKrusher, but the Pats just made it to the SB by beating 1 team with a record better .500. I know that is a shitty analogy and we aren't the Pats.

We have a young up and coming team.

We went 7 and 9 against a tougher schedule without our 3 best players.

Maybe I'm too optimistic but I just think we are a solid draft and a few good free agent signings away from being contenders. Especially with the AFC right now.

Amnorix
02-03-2012, 01:08 PM
he could have signed Shaun Hill, way better than Cassel and cheaper.

No, he couldn't have.

In February 2008, Hill signed a new 3-year contract with the 49ers, with contractual terms not released to the media.

Phobia
02-03-2012, 01:08 PM
In 3 years as the GM, Pioli has won the division 1 and damn near won it a second year after losing the teams best 3 players for the whole year, firing the coach midway thru, and losing it's starting qb, a shitty one but the starter. He's in a position that if he signs the right person to play qb, has a good draft, his team can be in a spot to be contenders in the near future.

I think winning the division is nice and it's a lot of fun for 1 week in early January. Beyond that, who cares? The Chiefs have had plenty of division winners. Winning the division is like delivering a delicious appetizer to my table. It's awesome. But Chiefs fans are past ready for the main course.

The Chiefs finished 7-9 and fourth place in the AFC West in 2011. If that's "damn near won it" then I don't want any part of "damn near won it" ever again.

BigMeatballDave
02-03-2012, 01:09 PM

I know the toxic environment stuff, and overbearing attitude is tough to look past. I don't like it as much as the next people, but I don't think it's that one sided. I think there is some truth and some ax grinding in there.

But he has come in and changed an environment that was pretty stagnent, to something that we haven't seen waht the outcome is yet.

I know he's an arrogant ass and it seems like he's nearing the point where he might be in trouble with his GM position.

I'm optimistic about this offseason. This is one of the most important offseasons in chiefs history. With the talent we have we are nearing a point of being able to contend if things work out. We need to be aggressive this offseason and get guys we want, that we think make us better.

Any down off the soapbox.Dude. 3 seasons and NO QB. Fuck him.

Amnorix
that schedule was so easy i bet Pee Wee Herman could have done it.

Well, the Broncos, Raiders and Chargers COULDN'T do it, could they?

You can only play the schedule you're given. You don't get to pick one that's harder to prove how tough you are. You don't get to pick one that's easier because you want to wuss out. You get one schedule, you play it.

BoneKrusher
The schedule was easy BoneKrusher, but the Pats just made it to the SB by beating 1 team with a record better .500. I know that is a shitty analogy and we aren't the Pats.

We have a young up and coming team.

We went 7 and 9 against a tougher schedule without our 3 best players.

Maybe I'm too optimistic but I just think we are a solid draft and a few good free agent signings away from being contenders. Especially with the AFC right now.

i understand and i agree the team is up and coming, but in order for me to be optimistic i need to see Pioli get a real QB and OC.

O.city
02-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Dude. 3 seasons and NO QB. **** him.

And this qb you want, where was he supposed to come from?

BigChiefFan
02-03-2012, 01:11 PM

I agree. 40 years of frustration has spilled over to the fanbase and many are looking for anything and everything to make Pioli the scapegoat.

-King-

That's what I'm wondering.

BoneKrusher
Well, the Broncos, Raiders and Chargers COULDN'T do it, could they?

You can only play the schedule you're given. You don't get to pick one that's harder to prove how tough you are. You don't get to pick one that's easier because you want to wuss out. You get one schedule, you play it.
we all know how good Cassel is and he made the pro bowl playing that schedule, enuff said about how easy it was.

Phobia
02-03-2012, 01:14 PM

The way I see it, we only have two choices:
8 B. Hoyer
15 R. Mallett

Give a 2nd round pick and $60,000,000 for one of those guys. That's the obvious next step.

O.city
DJ made a great point in one of the threads about CPs view on QBs.

WE automatically think we must have "Tom Brady" and have to find him now. YOu don't have to have a HOF qb to win a SB. I think you have to have a good to great one but not a record setting hall of famer.

I want one as bad as the next guy but we have started throwing out solid quarterbacks because they aren't Drew Brees

Look at the Giants this year. While I think Eli is a great qb I don't put him in Brady's class and I don't think many would. Now I don't wanna start that argument anyway.

Look at the talent around Eli. He has 3 great wr's, two good rbs, and a great passrushing dline on the other side of the ball.

IMO Orton could do nearly everything Eli does with the right talent around him.

talastan

It all comes down to the QB IMO. If he can get Casshole out and someone who can play the game mentally and physically; we are in the drivers seat of the division for awhile. If he keeps forcing Cassel down peoples throats we are going to see Arrowhead turn into a wasteland and be at the bottom of the league for years.

Amnorix
02-03-2012, 01:15 PM
I agree. 40 years of frustration has spilled over to the fanbase and many are looking for anything and everything to make Pioli the scapegoat.

Believe me, I understand. I've been there as an intensely frustrated fan.

I shit you not when I tell you that many Patriots fans had many, MANY criticisms of Parcells during his time with the Patriots. I remember being on an early version of the web -- chat groups or whatever they were then -- in these same kinds of debates.

You'd think, having just seen Dick McPherson and Rod Rust, the Patriots fanbase would be a bit better. But after 2 or 3 years of no Super Bowl, they were in a tizzy. It takes time...JFC...

Amnorix
02-03-2012, 01:17 PM
The way I see it, we only have two choices:
8 B. Hoyer
15 R. Mallett

Give a 2nd round pick and $60,000,000 for one of those guys. That's the obvious next step.

Need me to throw up a nearly-done LB too? Just wondering... :-)

Seriously, I think Mallett may be the Patriots QBOTF. We'll see how that goes. God knows he has all the physical skills you could possibly want...

Phobia
02-03-2012, 01:20 PM
DJ made a great point in one of the threads about CPs view on QBs.

WE automatically think we must have "Tom Brady" and have to find him now. YOu don't have to have a HOF qb to win a SB. I think you have to have a good to great one but not a record setting hall of famer.

I want one as bad as the next guy but we have started throwing out solid quarterbacks because they aren't Drew Brees

Look at the Giants this year. While I think Eli is a great qb I don't put him in Brady's class and I don't think many would.

Heh heh. Really? Eli Manning... the guy starting at QB in the Superbowl in 2 days is your argument?

BigMeatballDave
02-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Mmmm... Pioli Kool-Aid!

Suck it down, sheep.

O.city
02-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Yep Eli is my argument.

Phobia
02-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Yep Eli is my argument.

Then I don't think you fully grasp the issues.

Frankie
02-03-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm optimistic about this offseason. This is one of the most important offseasons in chiefs history. With the talent we have we are nearing a point of being able to contend if things work out. We need to be aggressive this offseason and get guys we want, that we think make us better. Sadly this describes the last off-season too.

he could have signed Shaun Hill, way better than Cassel and cheaper.Did you know this for a fact when Cassel was signed? Hindsight makes us all geniuses.

We went 7 and 9 against a tougher schedule without our 3 best players. Some argue that we were blown out in 5 of the games we lost. But in my experience blowouts usually have less to do with a team's talent level and more with other factors such as lack of mental preparation or behind the scenes events.

we all know how good Cassel is and he made the pro bowl playing that schedule, enuff said about how easy it was.Actually that schedule was not as easy as it looked before the season started, just like 2011's was not as hard. Teams on one's schedule change during offseasons. Sometimes dramatically.

BigChiefFan
02-03-2012, 01:24 PM

I shit you not when I tell you that many Patriots fans had many, MANY criticisms of Parcells during his time with the Patriots. I remember being on an early version of the web -- chat groups or whatever they were then -- in these same kinds of debates.

You'd think, having just seen Dick McPherson and Rod Rust, the Patriots fanbase would be a bit better. But after 2 or 3 years of no Super Bowl, they were in a tizzy. It takes time...JFC...
I agree. Pioli has built a damn good team. Give us a franchise QB and we're a serious contender. The QB position is so glaring that the majority wants to focus on Pioli's average acquisition, instead of all the good things, he's done. The good far outweighs the bad, even his bad went to the Pro Bowl, but many refuse to see it for what it really is.

O.city
02-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Phobia, I think Eli is a really good qb. He also threw twenty some INTs last year and has had up and down years.

I don't think you need a top 2 or 3 qb in the league to win a SB. You also need a guy that's good enough to make plays on his own when things are going bad.

I also think that if the Cowboys had a middle of the pack d this season the Giants woulnd't even be in the playoffs this year.

BigMeatballDave
02-03-2012, 01:25 PM

Hey, he's the Executive of the Decade, not me.

O.city
02-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Sure Dave, I agree and I'd love to have one of those qb's. Trouble is there are about 25 other teams looking for one.

Frankie
02-03-2012, 01:28 PM

You'd think, having just seen Dick McPherson and Rod Rust, the Patriots fanbase would be a bit better. But after 2 or 3 years of no Super Bowl, they were in a tizzy. It takes time...JFC...LMAO

When I became a football fan Patriots and the Saints were the two "Jokes of the NFL," while the Chiefs were one of the elite.

BigMeatballDave
02-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Phobia, I think Eli is a really good qb. He also threw twenty some INTs last year and has had up and down years.

I don't think you need a top 2 or 3 qb in the league to win a SB. You also need a guy that's good enough to make plays on his own when things are going bad.

I also think that if the Cowboys had a middle of the pack d this season the Giants woulnd't even be in the playoffs this year.

Eli is an Elite QB.

Take a look at the last 9 SBs, including this one and look at who has won.

Tom
Tom
Ben
Peyton
Eli
Ben
Drew
Rodgers
Eli/Tom

HemiEd
02-03-2012, 01:40 PM
I agree. Pioli has built a damn good team. Give us a franchise QB and we're a serious contender. The QB position is so glaring that the majority wants to focus on Pioli's average acquisition, instead of all the good things, he's done. The good far outweighs the bad, even his bad went to the Pro Bowl, but many refuse to see it for what it really is.

You need to update your sig, I believe the drought is up to 42 years now and I am fully vested.

BoneKrusher
02-03-2012, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=Frankie;8346004

Actually that schedule was not as easy as it looked before the season started, just like 2011's was not as hard. Teams on one's schedule change during offseasons. Sometimes dramatically.[/QUOTE]

i agree.
but Cassel has two winning seasons in the NFL and both were vs the NFC West.

Phobia
02-03-2012, 01:43 PM

I don't think we need a top 2 or 3 QB either. But Chiefs fans are clamoring for a franchise QB to be developed. Eli is that guy for the Giants, his own weaknesses and struggles aside. The guy has a SB ring and an opportunity for another.

Eli Manning isn't above criticism and he has had an up and down existence. But he is exactly what Chiefs fans want. I'm not even an Eli Manning fan but I recognize that a QB of his caliber could put the Chiefs into contention very quickly. That's why I am questioning your argument.

O.city
02-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Phobia, I'm not saying I don't want that. I absolutely do. I just don't see a quarterback in this draft that can be that, atleast one that we can get our hands on.

HemiEd
02-03-2012, 01:49 PM
LMAO

When I became a football fan Patriots and the Saints were the two "Jokes of the NFL," while the Chiefs were one of the elite.

Don't be dissing Steve Grogan now, he was a K-State Wildcat!

O.city
02-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Eli is an Elite QB.

Tom
Tom
Ben
Peyton
Eli
Ben
Drew
Rodgers
Eli/Tom

I think Eli and Rothilisberger are a slight step below Brees, Manning, and Brady. I think Rodgers is probably there but needs more time to show it.

I would love to have any of those guys and think we need to try and find the next one.

I jjust don't knwo where we are gonna find one.

Frankie
02-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Eli is an Elite QB.

Tom
Tom
Ben
Peyton
Eli
Ben
Drew
Rodgers
Eli/TomWTF?! You're not on first name basis with Aaron?!

I don't think we need a top 2 or 3 QB either. But Chiefs fans are clamoring for a franchise QB to be developed. Eli is that guy for the Giants, his own weaknesses and struggles aside. The guy has a SB ring and an opportunity for another.

Eli Manning isn't above criticism and he has had an up and down existence. But he is exactly what Chiefs fans want. I'm not even an Eli Manning fan but I recognize that a QB of his caliber could put the Chiefs into contention very quickly. That's why I am questioning your argument.I think Eli Manning has finally arrived. That's why I want Sullivan for OC.

Don't be dissing Steve Grogan now, he was a K-State Wildcat!Ahh, Steve Grogan,... The good old days. :D

Phobia
02-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Phobia, I'm not saying I don't want that. I absolutely do. I just don't see a quarterback in this draft that can be that, atleast one that we can get our hands on.

Your argument is still flawed. You just said Orton could do the same thing Eli does.

O.city
02-03-2012, 01:56 PM
You don't think he can?

When has Orton had the talent around him that Eli has?

O.city
02-03-2012, 01:58 PM
People talk about how great Eli was all year, which he was really good, forget that they were a fumbled punt away from losing to a team quarterbacked by Alex Smith.

I just don't put Eli in the upper class of qbs. I think there are 4 or 5 guys that are at the top then 1 or 2 that could get there. Other than that there isn't much difference.

Brock
02-03-2012, 02:07 PM
You don't think he can?

ROFL Good grief.

Brock
02-03-2012, 02:07 PM
People talk about how great Eli was all year, which he was really good, forget that they were a fumbled punt away from losing to a team quarterbacked by Alex Smith.

I just don't put Eli in the upper class of qbs. I think there are 4 or 5 guys that are at the top then 1 or 2 that could get there. Other than that there isn't much difference.

What does the other team being quarterbacked by Alex Smith have to do with Eli Manning? You are aware they weren't on the field at the same time?

Phobia
02-03-2012, 02:13 PM
You don't think he can?

I don't know. It's your argument, not mine.

On one hand you say Orton can do what Eli has and then you turn around and wonder how the Chiefs are going to find somebody of Eli's caliber. I'm just pointing out that your argument is all over the place.

whoman69
02-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Hopefully the recent stories of Cassel's inadequacies came from the same source as Haley's

Nope, he always went behind his back to his media buddies

Imon Yourside
02-03-2012, 02:22 PM
We cannot win it all with Cassel.

whoman69
02-03-2012, 02:33 PM

Since he got here, Cassel's record against teams who finish with a winning record is 2-9. He has never beaten a team with a ten win season.

I hate the secretive homeland security environment the Chiefs are running off of. The fact that Pioli can't even do this interview with local media speaks volumes. Probably didn't want to sit in a locked office for the interview.

FAX
02-03-2012, 02:37 PM

Atta way to ruin a perfectly fine lynching, Mr. O.city.

FAX

BossChief
02-03-2012, 02:38 PM
I hope Jack Harry does another 20-30 minute predraft interview with Pioli.

His other ones have been very insightful into his thought process going into the draft.

BoneKrusher
02-03-2012, 02:44 PM
We cannot win it all with Cassel.

we cant win anything with Castle, well maybe a high draft pick..

the Talking Can
02-03-2012, 02:46 PM
There are 32 NFL HC positions. At any given moment there are 100+ guys drooling and willing to give their left testicle to have one of them. You're nuts to think that it was Crennel or nobody, even if Cassel was anointed starter by Pioli, which is unlikely at best.

P.S. What are you guys (and there are like 100 of you on here) going to say if Cassel isn't starting at the start of 2012? You're all going to have an endless pile of crow to eat. Just sayin'...

hey look, pioli's white knight shows up to lecture us...like clockwork

going in to year 4 of the Great Man's Era and we don't have a QB on this roster worth a fucking nickle....but it's ok, because according to you there was nothing else Pioli could do and we should just be satisfied with him hiring a disaster of a coach and a QB...

seriously, does a beeper go off in deep in your rectum whenever a Patriot is in trouble?

the Talking Can
02-03-2012, 02:47 PM

that alone should get him fired

BoneKrusher
02-03-2012, 02:48 PM

:thumb:

DeezNutz
02-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Shocked that a Pats fan hasn't rolled in to defend Cassel, assuring us that he's good. Is the NE Cassel signal low on batteries?

Amnorix
02-03-2012, 02:54 PM
hey look, pioli's white knight shows up to lecture us...like clockwork

going in to year 4 of the Great Man's Era and we don't have a QB on this roster worth a fucking nickle....but it's ok, because according to you there was nothing else Pioli could do and we should just be satisfied with him hiring a disaster of a coach and a QB...

seriously, does a beeper go off in deep in your rectum whenever a Patriot is in trouble?

Your frustration is making you dumb. I said this in another thread -- you used to be decent but you're turning into an ass. WTF? Get back on your meds or whatever. Seriously.

Amnorix
02-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Shocked that a Pats fan hasn't rolled in to defend Cassel, assuring us that he's good. Is the NE Cassel signal low on batteries?

If Cassel sucks he sucks. Never said he was great. 2008 showed that he could be decent with alot of weapons around him, and that maybe he could grow into something pretty good with more experience. He certainly has alot of athleticism.

But that's 3 full seasons ago. He's had the time he needs. If he's not starting NFL-QB quality, then there's not much to say. Of course the Chiefs took a chance iwth him. Just like the Jets took a chance with Sanchez hoping for the best. The Dolphins with Culpepper coming off injury. The Saints with Brees coming off injury. etc. etc. etc.

FAX
02-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Personally, I was kinda hoping that Pioli would publicly admit to being an egomaniacal dumbass with anger issues and an eating disorder. I guess you can't always get what you want.

I would just like to mention that Manson always maintained his innocence and it's a proven, historical fact that Pioli's own Aunt Maria shared with family members her belief that Pioli was the reincarnation of Benito Mussolini only days before she mysteriously disappeared.

FAX

DeezNutz
02-03-2012, 03:01 PM
If Cassel sucks he sucks. Never said he was great. 2008 showed that he could be decent with alot of weapons around him, and that maybe he could grow into something pretty good with more experience. He certainly has alot of athleticism.

But that's 3 full seasons ago. He's had the time he needs. If he's not starting NFL-QB quality, then there's not much to say. Of course the Chiefs took a chance iwth him. Just like the Jets took a chance with Sanchez hoping for the best. The Dolphins with Culpepper coming off injury. The Saints with Brees coming off injury. etc. etc. etc.

Fair enough, dude.

As for the interview, I was disappointed with the complete lack of follow-up questions. Of course Pioli was going to deny the Haley rumors, but it would have been nice if he'd been asked about the public perception of the organization (for fans and those around the league) in light of the numerous reports being leaked.

-King-
02-03-2012, 03:01 PM

ROFL

Some of you guys are just hilarious.

Chiefnj2
02-03-2012, 03:04 PM

All you need to know is that on this board Pioli has worn out his welcome. Until the Chiefs make a serious Super Bowl run, he's in a no-win situation. Some people will be pissed off he hasn't signed Peyton Manning to a 3 year 80 million dollar deal by March 20th. Some people will be pissed off if he doesn't take Tannehill with the 12th pick. Others if he doesn't give up a few 1sts for RGIII. Some will be angry if he signs Orton, others ecstatic.

40 years of crap have reached a boiling point and Pioli is the focus.

Amnorix
02-03-2012, 03:09 PM
All you need to know is that on this board Pioli has worn out his welcome. Until the Chiefs make a serious Super Bowl run, he's in a no-win situation. Some people will be pissed off he hasn't signed Peyton Manning to a 3 year 80 million dollar deal by March 20th. Some people will be pissed off if he doesn't take Tannehill with the 12th pick. Others if he doesn't give up a few 1sts for RGIII. Some will be angry if he signs Orton, others ecstatic.

40 years of crap have reached a boiling point and Pioli is the focus.

True. I understand. The internet wasn't what it is now when the Patriots last had someone to focus so much ire/frustration on, though I will say that over the last 2 or so years BB has come under far more criticism. The failures of the defense, the two one-and-dones in the playoffs, etc. You'd think people would be a BIT more patient. God forbid. You'd think it's the Patriots' birthright to win a SB every year with Brady or something. :rolleyes:

Phobia
02-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Your frustration is making you dumb. I said this in another thread -- you used to be decent but you're turning into an ass. WTF? Get back on your meds or whatever. Seriously.

I like him as long as he agrees with me.

Titty Meat
02-03-2012, 03:10 PM

Go away

Sofa King
02-03-2012, 03:16 PM

You say that but you don't mean it. You're just nervous about this weekend's game. You know, the one your team is playing in.

the Talking Can
02-03-2012, 03:29 PM

nah, listening to pioli's cock jockey tell me he can't be judged for hand selecting a piece of shit QB gets real fucking old...

you should listen to the dumb things you say...and stop patting us on the head and telling us there is no reason to care about 30 years of failure becoming 33 years of failure under Pioli because he failed hiring a coach, and he failed finding a QB, and he still doesn't get it and is going to play Cassel again...

Brady has made more sports fans into geniouses (cp spelling) than Madonna made athletes into aids victims...

BigChiefFan
02-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Seriously, he gave up a 2nd round pick and got a Pro Bowl QB out of the deal, but it's always, what have you done for me lately?

I still contend Pioli has done a solid job. Cassel isn't the answer at QB, but he's proven to be a better stop-gap, than some care to admit...and like it or not, he's better than trotting Brodie "No wins" Croyle or Thigpen out as a starter, which is where the team was at when Pioli arrived.

Trying to find some silver lining in a group of gloom.

Amnorix
02-03-2012, 03:54 PM
nah, listening to pioli's cock jockey tell me he can't be judged for hand selecting a piece of shit QB gets real fucking old...

Never said he can't be judged for that. Of course he is. The buck stops with him. He's ultimately responsible for the success or failure of the team.

you should listen to the dumb things you say...and stop patting us on the head and telling us there is no reason to care about 30 years of failure becoming 33 years of failure under Pioli because he failed hiring a coach, and he failed finding a QB, and he still doesn't get it and is going to play Cassel again...

Never said that either, but carry on.

Brady has made more sports fans into geniouses (cp spelling) than Madonna made athletes into aids victims...

And Cassel has apparently made some drooling morons who violently overreact to everything relating to their football team.

Amnorix
02-03-2012, 03:55 PM
I like him as long as he agrees with me.

It's not disagreeing, it's attitude/analysis.

Amnorix
02-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Go away

Unlikely.

HemiEd
02-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Calling Cassel a Pro Bowl QB is laughable at the very least, but maddening to think about.
He was an alternate, because the good QBs were saving themselves for when it counted.

He was an alternate because he had some good numbers against a weak schedule. He totally shit his pants when the team needed him the last two games of his stellar season of 2010. If ever numbers lied, it was that season for Cassel. All you had to do watch watch the games instead of looking at numbers.

Fish
02-03-2012, 04:02 PM
If Cassel were actually a Pro Bowl QB, we wouldn't be having this discussion.....

lcarus
02-03-2012, 04:23 PM

Sticking with Cassel for 4 years isn't doing all in his power to make us successful. I'm sorry, but it just isn't.

BoneKrusher
02-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Calling Cassel a Pro Bowl QB is laughable at the very least, but maddening to think about.

ain't that the truth.

what was it, three ints he threw in that pro bowl or was it four?

Rasputin
02-03-2012, 05:28 PM
He was an alternate, because the good QBs were saving themselves for when it counted.

He was an alternate because he had some good numbers against a weak schedule. He totally shit his pants when the team needed him the last two games of his stellar season of 2010. If ever numbers lied, it was that season for Cassel. All you had to do watch watch the games instead of looking at numbers.

He didn't even have good numbers other than the TD INT ratio wich was soley do to a kick ass running game via Charles. We were second to last in passing yards... Every thing about that season to give Cassel any credit was misleading all becouse Jamaal Charles carried that offense.

Cassel sucked it up most games, had a few that he was above average like against Seattle iirc. He never put the team on his back and make the offense click on routine drives.

O.city
02-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Imagine what Manning could do with the 8 guys the defense would have to put int he box to stop Charles and Richardson.

Rasputin
02-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Imagine *SNAP* sound of a breaking neck. & *Gasp* sounds from the crowd

FYP

the Talking Can
02-03-2012, 06:04 PM

Cassel was carried by one of the greatest seasons by a RB in NFL history....Cassel had one of the lowest pass yards per/game in the league

Charles was our offense...and Cassel had one of the most embarrassing playoff performances imaginable...he didn't just fail, he played like a scared pussy...

but maybe that other dumb pats fan - justpassinby - will show up again to lecture us about Cassel's misunderstood greatness...that was always fun

FAX
02-03-2012, 06:18 PM
This Pioli situation reminds me of the old Bavarian proverb; "Screw me once? Shame on you. Screw me twice? Shame on me. Screw me half-a-dozen times with no end in sight except a countless, never-ending, infinite number of incessant screwings? Stop with the screwings before I take a ball-bat to your genitals and then mash your brains in."

FAX

DeezNutz
02-03-2012, 06:21 PM
This Pioli situation reminds me of the old Bavarian proverb; "Screw me once? Shame on you. Screw me twice? Shame on me. Screw me half-a-dozen times with no end in sight except a countless, never-ending, infinite number of incessant screwings? Stop with the screwings before I take a ball-bat to your genitals and then mash your brains in."

FAX

And, unfortunately, since the screwings have all been taped, they'll likely wind up on YouTube, while Pats fans say, "That doesn't look that bad."

HemiEd
02-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Cassel was carried by one of the greatest seasons by a RB in NFL history....Cassel had one of the lowest pass yards per/game in the league

Charles was our offense...and Cassel had one of the most embarrassing playoff performances imaginable...he didn't just fail, he played like a scared pussy...

but maybe that other dumb pats fan - justpassinby - will show up again to lecture us about Cassel's misunderstood greatness...that was always fun

Cassel's performance in that playoff game reminded me of the Herm (hands tied behind their back) led Chiefs in the 2006 playoff game.

Run LJ up Water's ass one more time = Cassel shitting his pants against the Ravens.

HemiEd
02-03-2012, 06:35 PM
He didn't even have good numbers other than the TD INT ratio wich was soley do to a kick ass running game via Charles. We were second to last in passing yards... Every thing about that season to give Cassel any credit was misleading all becouse Jamaal Charles carried that offense.

Cassel sucked it up most games, had a few that he was above average like against Seattle iirc. He never put the team on his back and make the offense click on routine drives.His game against Seattle had me drinking the Kool-aid. I thought, holy crap, this dude does have it, he finally gets it. It was something special.

Then the zombies turned loose of his mind and the real Cassel came back.

You and the Can are correct, he was the benefactor of the great year of Jamaal Charles.

whoman69
02-03-2012, 06:38 PM
His game against Seattle had me drinking the Kool-aid. I thought, holy crap, this dude does have it, he finally gets it. It was something special.

You and the Can are correct, he was the benefactor of the great year of Jamaal Charles.

Haley commented on the fact that Cassel falls back into bad habits very quickly.

Messier
02-03-2012, 06:44 PM
That's what is so frustrating about Cassel. He doesn't learn from mistakes, or maybe more importantly success.

He'll do something right and you're thinking, alright, here we go, and the next week, it's same old Cassel. The light never comes on, it flickers for a few seconds and goes out.

Red Beans
02-03-2012, 06:47 PM
That's what is so frustrating about Cassel. He doesn't learn from mistakes, or maybe more importantly success.

He'll do something right and you're thinking, alright, here we go, and the next week, it's same old Cassel. The light never comes on, it flickers for a few seconds and goes out.

And he's never flickered against an opponent that you might call elite. It's always against the dregs or the middle of the road teams...

Okie_Apparition
02-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition

Nope, he always went behind his back to his media buddies

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at
hopefully the recent floodgate of stories on the inept Cassel came from the same source that leaked shit about Haley

Messier
02-03-2012, 07:15 PM

I just listened to the interview again. He didn't say he's comfortable heading into TC with those two. St. John asked: are you comfortable with Cassel and Stanzi heading into next season?

He said I'm comfortable with those two, but I'm also comfortable with adding competition.
Then he said "while I'm comfortable with those players, and comfortable in quotes." I thought that was interesting he actually said, comfortable in quotes.

FAX
02-03-2012, 07:40 PM
I just listened to the interview again. He didn't say he's comfortable heading into TC with those two. St. John asked: are you comfortable with Cassel and Stanzi heading into next season?

He said I'm comfortable with those two, but I'm also comfortable with adding competition.
Then he said "while I'm comfortable with those players, and comfortable in quotes." I thought that was interesting he actually said, comfortable in quotes.

Comfortable in quotes? I have no doubt.

I'm equally convinced that Pioli is comfortable in women's undergarments.

FAX

cabletech94
02-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Comfortable in quotes? I have no doubt.

I'm equally convinced that Pioli is comfortable in women's undergarments.

FAX

aren't we all?

aren't. we. all!

FloridaMan88
02-03-2012, 08:07 PM

Hey Fat Scott, on the subject of the "accountability" that you speak of, where is YOUR accountability? The Chiefs are a pathetic 21-28 under your 3 year reign. Your drafts have been mediocre. You have failed to address the Chiefs most pressing needs in free agency as the Chiefs sit with millions upon millions under the salary cap. Your first head coaching hire was a failure.

Where is YOUR accountability, Fat Scott?

Stop hiding behind your 800 pounds of fat rolls and answer the question... you pathetic piece of FAIL.

The Bad Guy
02-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Hey Fat Scott, on the subject of the "accountability" that you speak of, where is YOUR accountability? The Chiefs are a pathetic 21-28 under your 3 year reign. Your drafts have been mediocre. You have failed to address the Chiefs most pressing needs in free agency as the Chiefs sit with millions upon millions under the salary cap. Your first head coaching hire was a failure.

Where is YOUR accountability, Fat Scott?

Stop hiding behind your 800 pounds of fat rolls and answer the question... you pathetic piece of FAIL.

There's nothing funnier than reading your tripe about Pioli's weight, like that should fucking matter.

I could care less if he looked like Chewbacca and you're ugly ass. If he wins, it doesn't matter.

Why don't you get a new gimmick? You wore out this one, oh say about 10 months ago, douche.

FloridaMan88
02-03-2012, 08:15 PM
There's nothing funnier than reading your tripe about Pioli's weight, like that should ****ing matter.

I could care less if he looked like Chewbacca and you're ugly ass. If he wins, it doesn't matter.

Why don't you get a new gimmick? You wore out this one, oh say about 10 months ago, douche.

He doesn't win... the Chiefs are 21-28 under his watch as GM.

The Bad Guy
02-03-2012, 08:17 PM
He doesn't win... the Chiefs are 21-28 under his watch as GM.

Thanks for the update, clown.

You're so fixated on the whole "you're Fat Scott" that you constantly miss the point.

What's next, you calling people Romeosexuals?

FloridaMan88
02-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the update, clown.

You're so fixated on the whole "you're Fat Scott" that you constantly miss the point.

What's next, you calling people Romeosexuals?

What is the point? Explain Fat Scott's 21-28 record as Chiefs GM. Explain how he has already had to fire his first head coaching hire.

Explain that.

The Bad Guy
02-03-2012, 08:33 PM
What is the point? Explain Fat Scott's 21-28 record as Chiefs GM. Explain how he has already had to fire his first head coaching hire.

Explain that.

I've ripped him countless times on this board.

I don't need to explain shit to a fucking tool like you. I said come up with a new act because ripping him because he's "fat" is old. There's million things to rip on him about.

Explain why you suck.

DaWolf
02-03-2012, 08:59 PM

I did listen to it on the drive home this evening, and got the same impression. It was more coachspeak/GMSpeak than anything.

The bottom line is, they are going out of their way to make it clear that Cassel will not just be handed the starting job, while at the same time not throwing Cassel under a bus. They're obviously not going to cut the guy, but they are not "blindly supporting Cassel" either like many people assumed they would.

At the end of the day though, it all comes down to what they actually do. Words are cheap.

I actually found Clark Hunt's interview this morning much more interesting. He not only pointed out why they had lots of cap space left over the last couple of years - we had a young team without a lot of veteran contracts, so you naturally spend less on those players - but the cap room they did save apparently they get credit for during the following league year, which will carry over into 2012, which will help them resign some of their guys, and, again according to Hunt, go out and spend on players in free agency. And he seemed to imply they were planning on making a bigger push in that market over the next two years and felt that they were in a much better position to be a buyer than other teams who are now at the cap and need to jettison guys.

Again, words, but we'll see...

Messier
02-03-2012, 09:02 PM

Explain that.

Why are you trying to argue with someone who basically agrees with you about Pioli?

Messier
02-03-2012, 09:06 PM
I did listen to it on the drive home this evening, and got the same impression. It was more coachspeak/GMSpeak than anything.

The bottom line is, they are going out of their way to make it clear that Cassel will not just be handed the starting job, while at the same time not throwing Cassel under a bus. They're obviously not going to cut the guy, but they are not "blindly supporting Cassel" either like many people assumed they would.

At the end of the day though, it all comes down to what they actually do. Words are cheap.

I actually found Clark Hunt's interview this morning much more interesting. He not only pointed out why they had lots of cap space left over the last couple of years - we had a young team without a lot of veteran contracts, so you naturally spend less on those players - but the cap room they did save apparently they get credit for during the following league year, which will carry over into 2012, which will help them resign some of their guys, and, again according to Hunt, go out and spend on players in free agency. And he seemed to imply they were planning on making a bigger push in that market over the next two years and felt that they were in a much better position to be a buyer than other teams who are now at the cap and need to jettison guys.

Again, words, but we'll see...

I agree with the Hunt interview.
I found it interesting Pioli seemed so uncomfortable with the word comfortable. But you're right, it's just talk for now.

DaWolf
02-03-2012, 09:22 PM
I agree with the Hunt interview.
I found it interesting Pioli seemed so uncomfortable with the word comfortable. But you're right, it's just talk for now.

The bottom line to me with Cassel is that Romeo has never come out and said "Matt's our guy." Romeo keeps talking about Orton. During the season, when asked if he'd consider bringing back Orton for 2012, he said something like yeah, if he keeps playing well, you have to.

All the Matt Cassel talk comes across to me as "Hey, dude is under contract, and we won with him before, so if we can't find a major upgrade, then I guess we'll have to plan on winning with him as our QB next year."

This OC hire will also say a lot. If they hire Daboll or Zorn, Cassel has a leg up on the competition. If they hire Saunders, all bets are off.

And in listening to the Pioli interview, I got the feeling that Zorn was nothing more than a courtesy interview...

BossChief
02-03-2012, 09:39 PM
The only thing that scares me about Saunders is how the scheme change could buy Cassel another "excuse year".

chiefzilla1501
02-03-2012, 10:53 PM
The only thing that scares me about Saunders is how the scheme change could buy Cassel another "excuse year".

Or maybe the fact that his success is largely based on his success with Vermeil.

It's sounding mnore and more like we're settling for what we can get.

FloridaMan88
02-03-2012, 11:13 PM
I've ripped him countless times on this board.

I don't need to explain shit to a ****ing tool like you. I said come up with a new act because ripping him because he's "fat" is old. There's million things to rip on him about.

Explain why you suck.

The ball is in Fat Scott's court when it comes to stopping the criticism of his weight. He's fat and clearly has the same ability to maintain a healthy weight that he has being the Chiefs GM... which is a mediocre ability.

Rasputin
02-03-2012, 11:14 PM
His game against Seattle had me drinking the Kool-aid. I thought, holy crap, this dude does have it, he finally gets it. It was something special.

I'm going take it a step further & step off the curtails of just riding Jamaals red cape. D Bowe & Tony Moeaki made absolutly some of the most fantastic and awesomely HTFDTDT(?) catches on a weekly bases. It was the 9ers catch that Moeaki had too leap & pull down with one hand, not the throw that was great. For every drop pass D Bowe had, he had 10 spectacular catches that he had too concourt his body or in a way that defied physics. Then add the beast in him for bullying over defenders on his rout to the endzone. The balls were never in place for the WRs to just take off to the house with in stride, they had to make a play to get the job done. So Fuck Cassel & Pioli can kiss my ass for bringing him here in the first place.

Cassel so reminds me so much of Damon fetusnutts Huard it is a nightmare. Huard had a few good games but it was the team that was making the best of it & it was delusional for any one to think that Damon was anything special just becouse we beat the 9ers at the time they had Alex Smith 41-0. Fact Damon Huard SUCKED & history repeats itself with Matt Cassel.

FloridaMan88
02-03-2012, 11:16 PM

Al Saunders isn't shy about voicing his opinion about a shitty QB.

Remember Al Saunders told Dictator Carl that the Chiefs would never win with Elvis Grbac.

Dictator Carl promptly kicked Al Saunders to the curb and hired Goonther to replace Marty.

Messier
02-03-2012, 11:34 PM
The ball is in Fat Scott's court when it comes to stopping the criticism of his weight. He's fat and clearly has the same ability to maintain a healthy weight that he has being the Chiefs GM... which is a mediocre ability.

Way to throw down the gauntlet! Pioli better start losing a few lbs, or face more ridicule by a random poster on a fan board!

Messier
02-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Al Saunders isn't shy about voicing his opinion about a shitty QB.

Remember Al Saunders told Dictator Carl that the Chiefs would never win with Elvis Grbac.

Dictator Carl promptly kicked Al Saunders to the curb and hired Goonther to replace Marty.

Plus, Al is an avid jogger and has maintained a healthy weight, so that's another point in his favor.

02-03-2012, 11:41 PM
#3's been proven a lie.

How?

How?
Posted via Mobile Device

Not sure how it's been proven a lie. You can assume it's a lie I suppose.

Based on the past issues here, one would think that it would be stupid of Pioli to force Crennel to hire a guy he didn't get along with, and also for Crennel to hire a guy whose vision didn't mesh with the front office, cause you would just be inviting conflict...

Probably because he sure didn't let Haley do that.

02-04-2012, 12:03 AM
PROVEN

FAX
02-04-2012, 12:08 AM
PROVEN

Yep.

FAX