PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Cassel is familiar with Chiefs’ target for offensive coordinator

Tribal Warfare
02-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Cassel is familiar with Chiefs’ target for offensive coordinator (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/02/04/3409448/brian-daboll-to-be-chiefs-offensive.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel doesn’t make a habit of studying the offenses of opposing teams. But he admits to paying some attention when he’s watching the offenses of Brian Daboll, who was the Patriots’ receivers coach for a couple of seasons while Cassel played in New England.

“There were a lot of instances throughout the year with Miami last year where he would do a good job of mixing and matching personnel to create some mismatches,” Cassel said. “That’s the thing I noticed. He’s really good at doing that.”

Cassel will soon get to know Daboll, 36, even better. The Chiefs were on the verge of hiring Daboll as their new offensive coordinator. An announcement should come this week, perhaps as soon as today.

“I’m excited,” Cassel said. “I think it will be a good fit for us. He’s very detailed. He was very meticulous about his work and he expected a lot out of his players. I was always impressed with him as a coach.”

The Chiefs had one of the NFL’s most feeble offenses last year. They wound up 31st in scoring, averaging just 13 points per game, and 27th in yardage.

The rankings for Daboll’s offenses during his three seasons as a coordinator wouldn’t be much of an improvement. After he moved on from New England and became the coordinator in Cleveland, the Browns were 32nd in yardage in 2009 and 29th in 2010. He then became the coordinator in Miami, where the Dolphins were 22nd last year.

The main selling points for Daboll were his familiarity with Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel from their days with the Patriots, his experience as a coordinator and that his offensive system shouldn’t be a drastic change for the Chiefs.

“I hope we’ll run the same system but I really don’t know at this point,” Cassel said. “He’s been gone from New England a few years now so I would think there will be a few changes that we’ll have to get up to speed on.”

Quarterbacks coach Jim Zorn and former Chiefs offensive coordinator Al Saunders were also interviewed for the position. Zorn was a long-time NFL quarterback and assistant coach and is also familiar with Pioli and Crennel. But he was a coordinator only while he was also head coach for Washington and that part of things went so bad for Zorn he was forced to give up control of the offense during a season.

Saunders has extensive experience and considerable success as a coordinator, but he never worked with Pioli or Crennel and he runs a different offensive system than the Chiefs have used in recent years.

Daboll’s offense is known for trick plays and unconventional formations.

“They don’t do you (any) good if they just stay in your bag,” Miami quarterback Matt Moore said last season. “He’s pulling them out and there are big plays to be made if we execute it and we get the right look.

“Those types of plays are fun though. We know where we can possibly get those calls and we just got to hit them for big plays. He keeps it fun. He keep guys kind of on their toes, you never know who’s going to score a touchdown, hopefully.”

Daboll helped develop quarterback Colt McCoy his rookie season with the Browns and Moore last season. Moore, who replaced the injured Chad Henne early last season, overcame a slow start and finished with 16 touchdown passes and nine interceptions.

“He’s an intense guy,” Moore said of Daboll. “It’s been good playing under him. I think every day I’m learning something new. Just the way he approaches the week, the way he breaks down a team and teaches it to us, what we’re trying to do. I think I’ve never been more prepared (than) playing under Daboll. He’s just gets me ready to play.

“He likes to take a lot of throws down the field and kind of attack that way, but I don’t have a bad thing to say about the guy.”

Daboll, who spent two seasons as the quarterback coach for the Jets in between working for the Patriots and Browns, would be the fifth offensive coordinator for Cassel since he joined the Chiefs in 2009. Chan Gailey, Todd Haley, Charlie Weis and Bill Muir have also called plays in that time.

“You just have to roll with the punches,” Cassel said. “You can’t make excuses. For me, I’m keeping an open mind. While you’d love the system to be consistent every year, the fact of the matter is there’s change and that’s just part of things. So you adjust. For me, it’s about getting back into the playbook and figuring out whatever I need to do to make this offense be successful.”

ThatRaceCardGuy
02-04-2012, 11:48 PM
They can both eat an aids cake...and FIRST

pr_capone
02-04-2012, 11:48 PM
@#$^@&@%&#^%*#%^#@$^%@$#&^#$%@*&@$%**!#@$&%@@#$^@#$&#$%&#%^(*$%^&@#$%#$@%$@#%&$^%*#^*#^^@#$^%@#$^&@$#&*#$%^&#@$

RAAAGGGGGEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okie_Apparition
02-04-2012, 11:50 PM
I thought witches used black cats as familures
That spell he cast on Pioli was a fucking doozy

Tribal Warfare
02-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Next season will be the last year of Pioli era if he truly goes all-in with Cassel as I said before.

Fritz88
02-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Best OC hire since the movie Brockback Mountain.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
02-04-2012, 11:54 PM
[B][SIZE="5"]“He likes to take a lot of throws down the field and kind of attack that way, but I don’t have a bad thing to say about the guy.”

looks like to me his offenses average about 5 yrd per pass ... hardly 'down the field'

Mr_Tomahawk
02-04-2012, 11:54 PM
“He likes to take a lot of throws down the field and kind of attack that way, but I don’t have a bad thing to say about the guy.”

Hopefully once he sees that Cassel can only throw the ball 10 yards, end-over-end, he will go find a real QB for us.

ThatRaceCardGuy
02-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Pioli and the Hunts can both go drown themselves in cat piss.

Okie_Apparition
02-04-2012, 11:57 PM
He stepped away from the Pats & hired Haley & Pendergast
He spent three days laying at the base of toliet swearing he wouldn't do it again

FloridaMan88
02-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Fat Scott is out to destroy the Chiefs franchise to prove that Cassel is a legit QB.

First step was hiring Romeo as HC.

Now comes Daboll as OC.

Next will be bypassing the opportunity to trade up to draft Luck or RGIII.

At least Dictator Carl knew when to give up on crappy QBs... Dave Krieg, Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac.

Al Bundy
02-05-2012, 01:34 AM
At least Dictator Carl knew when to give up on crappy QBs... Dave Krieg, Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac.

Dave Krieg was 100 times the QB Casshole is. Not fair to lump his name in with the likes of those idiots.

kcxiv
02-05-2012, 03:40 AM
Don't cate about.the OC hire much. As long as Casshole is the Qb its all bad.

Wallcrawler
02-05-2012, 05:51 AM
Dave Krieg was 100 times the QB Casshole is. Not fair to lump his name in with the likes of those idiots.

Yeah, but he wouldve been better suited to do those Burger King "tiny hand guy" commercials. Smallest freaking hands ever. He holds like the planetary record for fumbles by a quarterback.

milkman
02-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Fat Scott is out to destroy the Chiefs franchise to prove that Cassel is a legit QB.

First step was hiring Romeo as HC.

Now comes Daboll as OC.

Next will be bypassing the opportunity to trade up to draft Luck or RGIII.

Good God, what a stupid fucking cunt you are.

That starts with "C" and ends in "T" and ryhmes with Hunt.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-05-2012, 07:01 AM
Would you guys just shut Da fuck up !

Pioli Zombie
02-05-2012, 08:51 AM
How exciting. Its like getting Chuck Yaeger to lead Gilligan. Who gives a shit who the OC is if they go with Cassel? The worst thing to ever happen to Cassel was for people to get enjoy a decent, not great, but just even decent, qb like Orton for a couple of games. Its like being married to Rosanne Barr, getting to **** Patricia Heaton for a weekend, then having to go back to Rosanne. Heaton wasn't the best, but at least she wasn't gross and disgusting.

whoman69
02-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Yeah, but he wouldve been better suited to do those Burger King "tiny hand guy" commercials. Smallest freaking hands ever. He holds like the planetary record for fumbles by a quarterback.

He's third on that list behind Favre and Moon. He is the career leader in yards lost on sacks even though he's only third in the number of times sacked.

whoman69
02-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Great we have a new OC who can create mismatches, which is totally wasted on Cassel who will not be able to make the adjustments when the defense shifts to match our alignment.

Messier
02-05-2012, 10:09 AM
It makes me sad that Teicher went to Cassel for this story. Couldn't we start pretending that Cassel isn't part of the Chiefs future? Just to humor us.

Coogs
02-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Great we have a new OC who can create mismatches, which is totally wasted on Cassel who will not be able to make the adjustments when the defense shifts to match our alignment.

Don't forget that Miami was making a big push to get Orton last year. Hopefully Daboll was involved in that push, because you can make a case that the Miami QB's at that time could have beat out Cassel in a QB competition.

jspchief
02-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Don't forget that Miami was making a big push to get Orton last year. Hopefully Daboll was involved in that push, because you can make a case that the Miami QB's at that time cold have beat out Cassel in a QB competition.

When were they pushing for him? Before they saw anything from Moore? I mean, was it really about Orton, or was it about feeling like they had nothing at QB?

Coogs
02-05-2012, 10:25 AM
When were they pushing for him? Before they saw anything from Moore? I mean, was it really about Orton, or was it about feeling like they had nothing at QB?

Before the season, so I can not answer your last two questions. But there was a bit of work on Moore with the Panthers that would suggest he could beat out Cassel in a fair competition.

mlyonsd
02-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Okay, so I'm going to need some positives and good comebacks to take to work tomorrow when my raider co-worker comes over and starts talking smack about Daboll.

Lay it on me.

wazu
02-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Far and away the most damning indictment I have seen of our new offensive coordinator.

chiefzilla1501
02-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Given that Miami has already stated they're moving past Matt Moore, does this open up the exciting speculation that a trade for Matt Moore will be on our radar? Is that the competition we're talking about?

Whoopeeeee.

There's one thing I'm pretty certain about. If Cassel is on this roster, Kyle Orton will not sign with the Chiefs.

tredadda
02-05-2012, 10:37 AM
This article is yet more proof that Pioli is all in with Cassel and any competition that is brought in is all smoke and mirrors.

Messier
02-05-2012, 10:40 AM
This article is yet more proof that Pioli is all in with Cassel and any competition that is brought in is all smoke and mirrors.

How? Teicher just went to Cassel for comment on Daboll, I guess it says Teicher is assuming Cassel is the starter.

Chieftain58
02-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Same sorry chit as last year?

tredadda
02-05-2012, 10:50 AM
How? Teicher just went to Cassel for comment on Daboll, I guess it says Teicher is assuming Cassel is the starter.

Until competition is actually brought in, one has to assume Cassel is the starter. Cassel is also familiar with Daboll so that is where I got my comment. We could have looked elsewhere for our OC, but we stuck with the "tree". I would be more supportive of Pioli if he were to truly realize that Cassel is not the answer and move this organization in a new direction and actually try to draft our QBOTF instead of doing what has not worked for this team for over 40 years.

milkman
02-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Until competition is actually brought in, one has to assume Cassel is the starter. Cassel is also familiar with Daboll so that is where I got my comment. We could have looked elsewhere for our OC, but we stuck with the "tree". I would be more supportive of Pioli if he were to truly realize that Cassel is not the answer and move this organization in a new direction and actually try to draft our QBOTF instead of doing what has not worked for this team for over 40 years.

I've said this elsewhere, but given the number of teams that have addressed, or will address their QB position in the last draft and the upcoming one, and given the fact that the the 2013 draft is considered a deep QB draft in the first round, there's a chance that the Chiefs, even in the 20s next year, will be in position to draft the QBoTF.

With that in mind, I find it interesting that Scott Pioli mentioned Kyle Orton's name as a potentail free agent that could be brought in to compete in an interview that he gave just a couple of days before news leaked about DaBoll.

wazu
02-05-2012, 11:00 AM
With that in mind, I find it interesting that Scott Pioli mentioned Kyle Orton's name as a potentail free agent that could be brought in to compete in an interview that he gave just a couple of days before news leaked about DaBoll.

Didn't hear that. Did he also mention Dwayne Bowe and Brandon Carr as free agents who we could potentially "bring in" to "compete" at WR and CB?

milkman
02-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Didn't hear that. Did he also mention Dwayne Bowe and Brandon Carr as free agents who we could potentially "bring in" to "compete" at WR and CB?

He mentions in another interview that they are working on extensions with both Carr and Bowe, and that both want to be back.

boogblaster
02-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Orton is our only answer for next year ... they won't draft a QB ......

Mr_Tomahawk
02-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Orton is our only answer for next year ... they won't draft a QB ......

This...plus Orton most likely would be more productive next season than any QB we will be in the position to draft for.

milkman
02-05-2012, 11:16 AM
I also find it interesting, after further thought, that Romeo Crennel mentions Orton again, after having backed off of his previous statements about Orton during the season.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-05-2012, 11:18 AM
I also find it interesting, after further thought, that Romeo Crennel mentions Orton again, after having backed off of his previous statements about Orton during the season.

Elaborate please...

milkman
02-05-2012, 11:19 AM

My bad, checked back.

He doesn't mention Orton, but rather, backs away from his support for cassel he expressed at season's end a bit.

milkman
02-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Elaborate please...

See the following post for clarfication, then read the Cassel competition article to follow where I am coming from.

Simplicity
02-05-2012, 11:26 AM
You know... I'm going to talk as much crap as everyone else when talking about Cassel... Secretly hoping he does good this upcoming year.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-05-2012, 11:33 AM
I bet the defense would love to have Orton back. Must have been nice for them to get some rest with the offense moving the chains and all.....Although some TD's would have been even nicer.

BigChiefFan
02-05-2012, 11:42 AM
They keep trying to polish a turd. Fuck these clowns. The entire organization is just going through the motions. They'll squander the talent, as usual on some douche behind center.

Orton, Cassel, Huard, Grbac, they're all the same horseshit game-plan. Short of trading up for Luck, I don't see anything to get excited about.

Yeah let's get Orton and his sole TD in THREE GAMES. Get fucking real.

Chiefnj2
02-05-2012, 11:45 AM
They keep trying to polish a turd. **** these clowns. The entire organization is just going through the motions. They'll squander the talent, as usual on some douche behind center.

Orton, Cassel, Huard, Grbac, they're all the same horseshit game-plan. Short of trading up for Luck, I don't see anything to get excited about.

Yeah let's get Orton and his sole TD in THREE GAMES. Get ****ing real.

If Washington can get Manning, then KC is in a decent position to move up for RGIII.

Okie_Apparition
02-05-2012, 11:46 AM
The number of people hoping Luck falls flat on his face
has to be growing by leaps & bounds

milkman
02-05-2012, 11:49 AM
They keep trying to polish a turd. **** these clowns. The entire organization is just going through the motions. They'll squander the talent, as usual on some douche behind center.

Yeah let's get Orton and his sole TD in THREE GAMES. Get ****ing real.

They are not trading up for Luck.

They are not trading up for RGIII.

There are only a couple of options for this season.

Cassel, Orton, or another no name scrub free agent.

With Orton, this offense can move the chains, and this defense has a chance to rest and be a top 10 unit.

With Cassel, the defense has to spend entirely too much time on the field.

I won't be excited about bringing back Orton, but he is, whether you recognize it or not, a shit ton better than Cassel.

I'll go with Orton this year and draft the QBoTF in the next draft.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-05-2012, 11:49 AM
They are not trading up for Luck.

They are not trading up for RGIII.

There are only a couple of options for this season.

Cassel, Orton, or another no name scrub free agent.

With Orton, this offense can move the chains, and this defense has a chance to rest and be a top 10 unit.

With Cassel, the defense has to spend entirely too much time on the field.

I won't be excited about bringing back Orton, but he is, whether you recognize it or not, a shit ton better than Cassel.

I'll go with Orton this year and draft the QBoTF in the next draft.

+Rep.

milkman
02-05-2012, 11:50 AM
If Washington can get Manning, then KC is in a decent position to move up for RGIII.

We can not match whatever the Browns pay.

We are not trading up for RGIII.

Wake the fuck up.

ElGringo
02-05-2012, 11:51 AM
I've said this elsewhere, but given the number of teams that have addressed, or will address their QB position in the last draft and the upcoming one, and given the fact that the the 2013 draft is considered a deep QB draft in the first round, there's a chance that the Chiefs, even in the 20s next year, will be in position to draft the QBoTF.

Now I will admit I am a n00b that knows less than jack about college football and the draft....but I really thought I heard the same comments (if not from you from others) about the potential QB draft class of this year at this point last year. I guess I am just tired of hearing next year is the year for us to get a true QBoTF.

Chiefnj2
02-05-2012, 11:52 AM
We can not match whatever the Browns pay.

We are not trading up for RGIII.

Wake the **** up.

1. You assume the Browns want him.
2. You can match. Tag Bowe and trade him as part of the compensation.
3. Go fuck yourself. Seriously, try it. You might not be such a grump if you could tickle your starfish with your needle dick.

FringeNC
02-05-2012, 11:55 AM
If the Fins go after Flynn, I'd imagine Henne would be available. I think he'd be a decent pick-up. I have no doubt in a legit competition, he'd beat out Cassel. Who can Pioli bring in the Cassel can beat out?

BossChief
02-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Mike Holgren has kept Seneca Wallace around for quite some time.

Anyone that thinks he wouldn't jump at the chance of drafting RG3 doesn't recognize that fact.

milkman
02-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Now I will admit I am a n00b that knows less than jack about college football and the draft....but I really thought I heard the same comments (if not from you from others) about the potential QB draft class of this year at this point last year. I guess I am just tired of hearing next year is the year for us to get a true QBoTF.

My opinion here is based on the fact that almost every team with a need at QB will have addressed that need in the previous 2 offseason, so no matter where the Chiefs fall in the draft, they will be in a great position to go after the guy they want, because there will be far fewer teams competing to get into psoition for that guy.

Coogs
02-05-2012, 12:01 PM

This year there are two studs... and then an average crop. Next year may not be quite a good as the top two, but there could be up to five that could be much better than option number three this season.

Arkansas, Washington, Oklahoma, USC, and Tennesse all have QB's who appear to be worth watching this season.

milkman
02-05-2012, 12:03 PM
1. You assume the Browns want him.
2. You can match. Tag Bowe and trade him as part of the compensation.
3. Go **** yourself. Seriously, try it. You might not be such a grump if you could tickle your starfish with your needle dick.

I assume the Browns want RGIII because only a fucking idiot would think that Colt McCoy is a guy that that doesn't leave them with doubts.

BossChief
02-05-2012, 12:06 PM
My opinion here is based on the fact that almost every team with a need at QB will have addressed that need in the previous 2 offseason, so no matter where the Chiefs fall in the draft, they will be in a great position to go after the guy they want, because there will be far fewer teams competing to get into psoition for that guy.

Lots of teams with 33 yr old + quarterbacks, too though...with the low cost of 1st round players now, more and more teams will not think twice about making moves for those guys.

Truth is, if they aren't willing to move up this year...I don't see them doing it next year either.

Coogs
02-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Lots of teams with 33 yr old + quarterbacks, too though...with the low cost of 1st round players now, more and more teams will not think twice about making moves for those guys.

Truth is, if they aren't willing to move up this year...I don't see them doing it next year either.

I think he was saying with 5 legit first rounders next year, you may not have to trade up.

milkman
02-05-2012, 12:11 PM

There's a difference between need and want.

The Skins and Browns need a QB, and will pay a premium, as would the Seahawks.

A team like the Patriots, who may or not have the QBoTF in Mallet, with a Tom Brady in his last 3 or 4 seasons, might want a first round QB, but without that immediate, they won't be as willing to pay that prmium.

milkman
02-05-2012, 12:12 PM
I think he was saying with 5 legit first rounders next year, you may not have to trade up.

I'm saying that even if there's need to trade up, the bidding war to get where we need to be won't be as intense.

Chiefnj2
02-05-2012, 12:19 PM
"Arkansas, Washington, Oklahoma, USC, and Tennesse".

Only 2 seniors, right? Barkley and Jones.

tredadda
02-05-2012, 12:23 PM

I only have a few issues with the first paragraph. Not saying I doubt your assessment at all, but this year's draft was supposed to be deep at QB and we saw what happened. Also, if we draft in the 20's that means either Cassel or Orton made us a playoff team and that will justify keeping them and not addressing the QB situation. Plus with the history of not just Pioli, but this team in general, I will believe it when I see it in regards to us actually drafting a QBoTF.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-05-2012, 12:25 PM
I would pass on drafting a QB this year if it meant we got Tyler Wilson next season... :p

milkman
02-05-2012, 12:29 PM
I only have a few issues with the first paragraph. Not saying I doubt your assessment at all, but this year's draft was supposed to be deep at QB and we saw what happened. Also, if we draft in the 20's that means either Cassel or Orton made us a playoff team and that will justify keeping them and not addressing the QB situation. Plus with the history of not just Pioli, but this team in general, I will believe it when I see it in regards to us actually drafting a QBoTF.

I think it would hinge on how the QB performed in the playoffs.

Since I don't think that Cassel or Orton have what it takes to win a playoff game, I have to believe the light will finally come on.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I think it would hinge on how the QB performed in the playoffs.

Since I don't think that Cassel or Orton have what it takes to win a playoff game, I have to believe the light will finally come on.

Although it is besides your main point...I do believe Orton can win a playoff game, unlike Cassel.

That said, he [Orton] is not our QBoTF.

chiefzilla1501
02-05-2012, 12:34 PM

Also keep in mind. You know how many trade value points it takes to trade up from 20 to 10? 450. You know how many trade value points it takes to trade from 4 to 2? 800. #12 to #2? 1150 points.

So even if the Chiefs ended up in the top 20-25 and wanted to trade into the 5-10 range, they can do so a ton cheaper than if they were to trade up for RGIII. So I wouldn't worry too much about where we're drafting next year. There will be a lot of legit first round graded QBs and, amazingly, they're going to require significantly less picks to trade for even if we end up having a good season in 2012. And I agree with milkman, that there will be significantly less competition for those picks.

milkman
02-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Although it is besides your main point...I do believe Orton can win a playoff game, unlike Cassel.

That said, he [Orton] is not our QBoTF.

Orton could probably win a game against the lesser competion of a wild card round, but I highly doubt that he could win against the competition of the divisional round.

tredadda
02-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Also keep in mind. You know how many trade value points it takes to trade up from 20 to 10? 450. You know how many trade value points it takes to trade from 4 to 2? 800. #12 to #2? 1150 points.

So even if the Chiefs ended up in the top 20-25 and wanted to trade into the 5-10 range, they can do so a ton cheaper than if they were to trade up for RGIII. So I wouldn't worry too much about where we're drafting next year. There will be a lot of legit first round graded QBs and, amazingly, they're going to require significantly less picks to trade for even if we end up having a good season in 2012. And I agree with milkman, that there will be significantly less competition for those picks.

This is assuming Pioli who loves to trade back would even be willing to trade up. Again I will believe he will do it when I see it.

milkman
02-05-2012, 12:45 PM
This is assuming Pioli who loves to trade back would even be willing to trade up. Again I will believe he will do it when I see it.

It was reported that Pioli was trying to trade up last year in the first round to get Maurkice Pouncey.

chiefzilla1501
02-05-2012, 12:47 PM

That's true. But if he's going to trade up, even for a guy like Pioli, it's a lot more likely to happen in that scenario than in this year's draft.

BigChiefFan
02-05-2012, 01:02 PM

Yep and this is the year that's actually worth giving up the farm for. Luck or Bust. I'm done fucking around with POS like Orton, Cassel, ect...Time to get serious, grow a set, and trade up.

milkman
02-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Yep and this is the year that's actually worth giving up the farm for. Luck or Bust. I'm done ****ing around with POS like Orton, Cassel, ect...Time to get serious, grow a set, and trade up.

There is not one fucking chance in hell, not 1 chance in billions, that the Colts are going to trade out of teh Luck pick.

Get that through your thick fucking skull you dumbfuck.

JFC, how the hell do you people fucking breath?

Messier
02-05-2012, 01:10 PM
There is not one ****ing chance in hell, not 1 chance in billions, that the Colts are going to trade out of teh Luck pick.

Get that through your thick ****ing skull you dumb****.

JFC, how the hell do you people ****ing breath?

This. People think for the right price we could trade up. There is no right price. They want Luck.

BigChiefFan
02-05-2012, 01:12 PM
There is not one ****ing chance in hell, not 1 chance in billions, that the Colts are going to trade out of teh Luck pick.

Get that through your thick ****ing skull you dumb****.

JFC, how the hell do you people ****ing breath?

Because you said so? Bullshit, until it's official anything could happen.

milkman
02-05-2012, 01:15 PM

Keep dreamimg dipshit.

Let us know when you wake the fuck up.

Messier
02-05-2012, 01:17 PM

The Colts are cutting ties with Manning with the express idea that their new QB is Luck. Short of offering Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees, or Tom Brady, which the Chiefs don't have, I think they're staying put.

BigChiefFan
02-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Keep dreamimg dipshit.

Let us know when you wake the **** up.
Oh I see, because someone doesn't think Irsay will give up on Manning that equates to being a dipshit?
Typical cunt move.

milkman
02-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Oh I see, because someone doesn't think Irsay will give up on Manning that equates to being a dipshit?
Typical **** move.

Holy shit!

Really?

You think Irsay is going to pay that 28 mil to Manning?

LMAO

BigChiefFan
02-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Holy shit!

Really?

You think Irsay is going to pay that 28 mil to Manning?

LMAOHe paid $25 million to an UNHEALTHY Manning. If Manning's healthy, I imagine he wouldn't have any problem ponying up the money.

He'll pay for a broken down Manning, but not a healthy one? Is that your position?

Messier
02-05-2012, 01:34 PM
He paid $25 million to an UNHEALTHY Manning. If Manning's healthy, I imagine he wouldn't have any problem ponying up the money.

He'll pay for a broken down Manning, but not a healthy one? Is that your position?

The Colts are taking Luck.

qabbaan
02-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Hiring an offensive coordinator specifically for Cassel shows that we are getting 2 more years of Cassel.

Our only hope is some kind of abject failure this year on Cassel's part, or injury opening the Brady-style way for a replacement. But we don't have a credible replacement on the roster.

I bet they resign Orton as long as he's cheap enough. Then it will be a sham QB competition, Cassel is the entrenched starter, Orton is just the journeyman to come in late in the year if Cassel flops again, to keep the stadium 70% full instead of 50% full

Abandon all hope, 2012 and 2013, unless a late round gem of a QB falls into our laps

BigChiefFan
02-05-2012, 01:41 PM
The Colts are taking Luck.We'll see, but it doesn't make my position illogical. In fact, it really makes more sense than what you all are saying. Again, he had no problem paying an unhealthy Manning, but won't pay an healthy Manning? That doesn't equate in my book. I understand your position, I just disagree with it, evidenced by Irsay already paying him to sit out the entire season. Here's the latest, in fact...

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/irsay-insists-problem-manning-15512262

Irsay Again Insists He Has No Problem With Manning

+By MICHAEL MAROT AP Sports Writer
INDIANAPOLIS February 4, 2012 (AP)

Jim Irsay is trying to put a happy face on an ugly public spectacle.

After Peyton Manning stole the big stage from his little brother, Eli, all week, the Indianapolis Colts owner tried to resolve the second public spat in two weeks with his star quarterback. The latest controversy is over Manning's health and whether he's actually been cleared to start taking hits again.

"Peyton Manning, Jim Irsay and the entire Colts family remain close and unified as we continue to work through all the options that relate to his future with the Colts," Irsay said in a statement that included a color photo from his private party Thursday night.

The photo shows NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell between the smiling Manning and a thrilled-looking Irsay, flanked on the ends by actress Meg Ryan and singer John Mellencamp.

But it was a much happier scene than the public image that has evolved over the past two weeks.

The party was taking place at about the same time Manning's surgeon confirmed that Manning had been cleared to play. A few hours later, Irsay responded tersely on Twitter.

"Peyton has not passed our physical nor has he been cleared to play for the Indianapolis Colts," he wrote.

The ruckus didn't stop Manning from making a scheduled visit to a local grade school along with Brandon Marshall and Roddy White on Friday, but Manning did not allow print media into the event and was not available for questions.

AP
Indianapolis Colts' Peyton Manning watches as... View Full Caption
Indianapolis Colts' Peyton Manning watches as students exercise at Frederick Douglass School during a BOKS function Friday, Feb. 3, 2012, in Indianapolis. (AP Photo/Darron Cummings) CloseMeanwhile, Manning's agent, Tom Condon, told NFL Network that the four-time league MVP would play in 2012, a point Manning made perfectly clear when he told reporters Tuesday that he did not plan to retire despite missing the entire 2011 season after having his third neck surgery in 19 months.

It didn't change the likelihood of a nasty divorce between the Colts and the longtime face of their franchise.

The biggest question is Manning's health. He was cleared to practice in December and has been throwing for at least two months, but the Colts want to know whether Manning can regain the arm strength that made him a perennial Pro Bowler.

Manning's doctor and agent insist he's healthy.

"He is sound. He can take a hit. He can certainly play in a football game," Condon said. "How effective will he be? Probably not as effective as he would be in two to three months."

The Colts still aren't sure and will have to decide whether to pay a $28 million roster bonus by March 8 or risk losing him as a free agent.

Manning has said he does not expect to retire, and not everyone is convinced his career is over.

A group of Tennessee Titans placed an electronic billboard message on northbound I-65 on Friday: "Peyton you're going the wrong way." The highway runs between Indy and Nashville, Tenn.

Even some Colts fans want Manning to stay.

"It would be incredibly sad to see him go and I'd hate to be Irsay. I want him to stay," said Keith Harden, a 51-year-old Indy native who was wearing a Reggie Wayne jersey. "No, I don't think it's hurt his (Manning's) image. I think he's fighting to stay, and I like that."

But things could get much worse before Irsay makes his decison.

"Jimmy and Peyton have had a strong relationship for a really long time," Condon said. "They've been great friends besides the business relationship. But this is a tough time, there is potential that you could be separated from a team he's been a part of for a long time."

So quit acting like it's set in stone. It isn't.

milkman
02-05-2012, 01:43 PM
He paid $25 million to an UNHEALTHY Manning. If Manning's healthy, I imagine he wouldn't have any problem ponying up the money.

My position is that he wasn't aware that Manning's condition would end his season before it began at the time that he paid that 25 mil, which is why he was caught with his pants down in the preseason and signed Kerry Collins late in that preseason.

My position is that he made sweeping changes in the front office and the coaching staff because he realized that this team has to move forward now without Manning.

Manning is done in Indy.

milkman
02-05-2012, 01:45 PM
We'll see, but it doesn't make my position illogical. In fact, it really makes more sense than what you all are saying. Again, he had no problem paying an unhealthy Manning, but won't pay an healthy Manning? That doesn't equate in my book. I understand your position, I just disagree with it, evidenced by Irsay already paying him to sit out the entire season. Here's the latest, in fact...

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/irsay-insists-problem-manning-15512262

Irsay Again Insists He Has No Problem With Manning

+By MICHAEL MAROT AP Sports Writer
INDIANAPOLIS February 4, 2012 (AP)

Jim Irsay is trying to put a happy face on an ugly public spectacle.

After Peyton Manning stole the big stage from his little brother, Eli, all week, the Indianapolis Colts owner tried to resolve the second public spat in two weeks with his star quarterback. The latest controversy is over Manning's health and whether he's actually been cleared to start taking hits again.

"Peyton Manning, Jim Irsay and the entire Colts family remain close and unified as we continue to work through all the options that relate to his future with the Colts," Irsay said in a statement that included a color photo from his private party Thursday night.

The photo shows NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell between the smiling Manning and a thrilled-looking Irsay, flanked on the ends by actress Meg Ryan and singer John Mellencamp.

But it was a much happier scene than the public image that has evolved over the past two weeks.

The party was taking place at about the same time Manning's surgeon confirmed that Manning had been cleared to play. A few hours later, Irsay responded tersely on Twitter.

"Peyton has not passed our physical nor has he been cleared to play for the Indianapolis Colts," he wrote.

The ruckus didn't stop Manning from making a scheduled visit to a local grade school along with Brandon Marshall and Roddy White on Friday, but Manning did not allow print media into the event and was not available for questions.

AP
Indianapolis Colts' Peyton Manning watches as... View Full Caption
Indianapolis Colts' Peyton Manning watches as students exercise at Frederick Douglass School during a BOKS function Friday, Feb. 3, 2012, in Indianapolis. (AP Photo/Darron Cummings) CloseMeanwhile, Manning's agent, Tom Condon, told NFL Network that the four-time league MVP would play in 2012, a point Manning made perfectly clear when he told reporters Tuesday that he did not plan to retire despite missing the entire 2011 season after having his third neck surgery in 19 months.

It didn't change the likelihood of a nasty divorce between the Colts and the longtime face of their franchise.

The biggest question is Manning's health. He was cleared to practice in December and has been throwing for at least two months, but the Colts want to know whether Manning can regain the arm strength that made him a perennial Pro Bowler.

Manning's doctor and agent insist he's healthy.

"He is sound. He can take a hit. He can certainly play in a football game," Condon said. "How effective will he be? Probably not as effective as he would be in two to three months."

The Colts still aren't sure and will have to decide whether to pay a $28 million roster bonus by March 8 or risk losing him as a free agent.

Manning has said he does not expect to retire, and not everyone is convinced his career is over.

A group of Tennessee Titans placed an electronic billboard message on northbound I-65 on Friday: "Peyton you're going the wrong way." The highway runs between Indy and Nashville, Tenn.

Even some Colts fans want Manning to stay.

"It would be incredibly sad to see him go and I'd hate to be Irsay. I want him to stay," said Keith Harden, a 51-year-old Indy native who was wearing a Reggie Wayne jersey. "No, I don't think it's hurt his (Manning's) image. I think he's fighting to stay, and I like that."

But things could get much worse before Irsay makes his decison.

"Jimmy and Peyton have had a strong relationship for a really long time," Condon said. "They've been great friends besides the business relationship. But this is a tough time, there is potential that you could be separated from a team he's been a part of for a long time."

So quit acting like it's set in stone. It isn't.

It's called "Posturing".

Messier
02-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Even with Manning, which I don't think is happening, the Colts have their answer at QB for the next decade after Manning. They aren't giving that up.

Marcellus
02-05-2012, 01:48 PM
My position is that he wasn't aware that Manning's condition would end his season before it began at the time that he paid that 25 mil, which is why he was caught with his pants down in the preseason and signed Kerry Collins late in that preseason.

My position is that he made sweeping changes in the front office and the coaching staff because he realized that this team has to move forward now without Manning.

Manning is done in Indy.

If he knew the situation and still gave him $25MM he would have to be the dumbest MF'er on the planet and I don't mean CP.

tredadda
02-05-2012, 02:30 PM
I am willing to go on record and all but guarantee that Indy releases Peyton. They have their eyes set on Luck. They paid him $25 million last year in the hopes that he would be back. At the time there was no way they thought they would be in the position they are in currently. They will release Manning and get the best QB prospect since, well, Manning. The circle of QB life will continue with the Colts as they drop one franchise QB for another.