PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Clash of the Sitcoms: Round 3, Heat 7.

Rain Man
02-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Good variety here.

Vote for your favorite FOUR

Rain Man
02-05-2012, 10:00 AM
My thoughts:

#1 - Seinfeld. It's real, and it's spectacular.

#2 - Arrested Development. I like the weird guy. No, not that one. The other one.

#3 - Married With Children. I'm embarrassed to say that it's up there close with Arrested Development, and maybe is even above it.

#4 - Big dropoff to #4, but I'm going with The Odd Couple. I like the premise, and I liked Murray the cop.

Didn't make the cut:

#5 - The Andy Griffith Show. Good show, but never made me guffaw. At this stage, I need to guffaw.

#6 - Fresh Prince. Never saw it all that much.

#7 - The Jetsons. How is this show still in the tourney?

kc rush
02-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Arrested Development, Seinfeld, Married with Children and Andy Griffith in that order. It was a toss up between Andy Griffith and Odd Couple for the fourth spot.

Bump
02-05-2012, 10:21 AM
1. Seinfeld - best show of all time, if it doesn't win, you all are stupid
2. Arrested Development, 2nd best show of all time, if it doesn't win 2nd place, you all are stupid.
3. Married with children - classic, Al Bundy is one of my favorite TV characters ever.
4. Fresh Prince - this is an era thing, I was a kid watching this and I can still enjoy a re run every once in a while.
5. Andy Griffith - good moral fiber show, classic childhood memories
6. The Jetsons - one of those saturday morning cartoons I enjoyed as a young pup.
7. the odd couple - never heard of it

Messier
02-05-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm really surprised there are so many votes for Married with Children. It was just so moronic, and a one note show.

Mama Hip Rockets
02-05-2012, 10:42 AM
1. Arrested Development

cdcox
02-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Seinfeld, Arrested Development, Odd Couple

I can see the Odd Couple is going to sadly bite the dust in this round. Next on my list, but not making the cut is the Andy Griffith Show. Not hilarious, and my overwhelming thought whenever I watched that show, was thank God I wasn't born in that time and place.

MTG#10
02-05-2012, 11:18 AM
1. Seinfeld - best show of all time, if it doesn't win, you all are stupid

Curb Your Enthusiasm is 1000 times better. Larry David should have dumped that Seinfeld hack years ago, he was the true comedic genius.

Rain Man
02-05-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm really surprised there are so many votes for Married with Children. It was just so moronic, and a one note show.

Which is why I'm embarrassed that I find it so funny.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Married With Children is a top-five finalist, and perhaps top three.

AndChiefs
02-05-2012, 11:45 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Married With Children is a top-five finalist, and perhaps top three.

That's really sad.

Messier
02-05-2012, 11:47 AM

If it makes the top three my faith in humanity will be shaken.

Rain Man
02-05-2012, 11:51 AM
If it makes the top three my faith in humanity will be shaken.

If you're an adult and your faith in humanity hasn't already been razed to the ground, then you're overdue.

hometeam
02-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Another solid heat.

Im callin it, seinfeld to the house!

hometeam
02-05-2012, 12:32 PM
damn cant believe fresh prince is getting beat down like that.

ThaVirus
02-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Can I just cast all 4 votes for Fresh Prince?

Rain Man
02-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Can I just cast all 4 votes for Fresh Prince?

Possibly, but only if you're willing to endure lasting and intensive public ridicule for it.

Bump
02-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Curb Your Enthusiasm is 1000 times better. Larry David should have dumped that Seinfeld hack years ago, he was the true comedic genius.

Larry David is the genius behind Seinfeld, yes. But the characters combined with the brilliant writing is what made the show so great. They all worked together, everything clicked and everybody could relate to the random scenarios they wrote about.

Predarat
02-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Seinfeld best of this heat and should be a surefire finalist. The rest of the shows in this heat are good but compared to Seinfeld are mere Bantha Fodder.

The rest of my votes are:
Married with Children
The Jetsons
The Andy Griffith Show

whoman69
02-05-2012, 01:34 PM

Curb your enthusiasm is the stupidest, most overrated show on TV. They don't even bother to write most of it and come up with most of their stuff on the spot. And it shows. I have never laughed at anything on that show.

Rain Man
02-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Shuttin' 'er down. Moving on are (shockingly) Seinfeld, Married with Children, Andy Griffith, and Arrested Development.

blaise
02-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Curb your enthusiasm is the stupidest, most overrated show on TV. They don't even bother to write most of it and come up with most of their stuff on the spot. And it shows. I have never laughed at anything on that show.

Yeah, funny people being funny is a dumb idea for a show.

SuperChief
02-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Seinfeld is so fucking lame. Arrested Development is gold.

durtyrute
02-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Just end the madness and give it all to Seinfeld.

Frazod
02-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Fuck Seinfeld. It's the overrated-as-fuck Stairway to Heaven of the Sitcom Poll. I just hope Frasier has enough juice to knock it off in the final round.

Mama Hip Rockets
02-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Seinfeld is so ****ing lame. Arrested Development is gold.

I think we are the only people on earth who agree on this.