Deberg_1990
02-05-2012, 08:57 PM
2nd and 11, wide open fail

Lex Luthor
02-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Yes he did.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Thrown a bit behind him...but it is the super bowl. You make those catches...

KurtCobain
02-05-2012, 09:01 PM
i hope he dies and i hope he burns in hell
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
02-05-2012, 09:02 PM
The Patriots shitty defense lost this game.

Gonzo
02-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Fuck the Giants, fuck the Pats, the only problem with this game was someone had to win.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
02-05-2012, 09:16 PM
The difference in this game is that Eli Manning made a beautiful throw that Mario Manningham made a great catch on, while Tom Brady was a little off target to a wide open Welker who drops a ball, while not perfect, was catchable.

Deberg_1990
02-05-2012, 09:27 PM
The difference in this game is that Eli Manning made a beautiful throw that Mario Manningham made a great catch on, while Tom Brady was a little off target to a wide open Welker who drops a ball, while not perfect, was catchable.

Pretty much. Something seems up with Brady. He's been off the past two games now. Not sure what it was.

Hammock Parties
02-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Overrated as a #1 WR.

Was better when Moss was drawing deep coverage.

Patriots need some real WR or at least a HB to take some pressure off Brady.

milkman
02-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Pretty much. Something seems up with Brady. He's been off the past two games now. Not sure what it was.

It's called "Pressure".

Hammock Parties
02-05-2012, 09:29 PM

Lack of talent up and down the roster.

Just sad how the Patriot Way has robbed the Patriots of championships.

tredadda
02-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Take away Brady's safety and the dynamics of the game change. The Patriots at that point only need a FG instead of a TD. All players make mistakes, but to pin the loss on Welker is foolish and shortsighted.

Gadzooks
02-05-2012, 09:33 PM

That's why the Chargers cut him when he was a UDFA.

whoman69
02-05-2012, 09:38 PM

They gave up 21 to a pretty good offense. They were tight when they needed to be. I thought the Hernandez drop was right in his hands. The Welker pass was well behind him.

jd1020
02-05-2012, 09:41 PM
I put this more on Brady. The safety to start the game was huge. If he doesn't make that boneheaded mistake they are trying to keep the Giants out of the EZ at the end of the game instead of clearing a path for them to walk in. Then the underthrown ball to Gronkowski that was intercepted was huge. The Welker drop was big but, again, the ball was overthrown and behind Welker. Just a bad game for Brady.

O.city
02-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Brady didn't play well against the Ravens either. Did they say something tonight about his shoulder being messed up?

O.city
02-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Couple of times he had Branch open across the middle and missed him as well. Overall not a good game from Brady.

tredadda
02-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Brady didn't play well against the Ravens either. Did they say something tonight about his shoulder being messed up?

Non throwing, and he messed that up in like the 4th Quarter.

notorious
02-05-2012, 09:44 PM
I saw Tom Terrific throw 3 very important passes behind his receivers' backs when they were WIDE open.

He choked, believe it or not. Although Wes could have caught that ball, it would have been one hell of a catch.

TheGuardian
02-05-2012, 09:47 PM
JFC

no game is ever won or lost on a single play.

LiveSteam
02-05-2012, 09:49 PM
That up there

kcpasco
02-05-2012, 09:50 PM
JFC

I always try and tell myself this everytime Janokowski fucks us in the ass.

Amnorix
02-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Lack of talent up and down the roster.

Just sad how the Patriot Way has robbed the Patriots of championships.

You're talking about the team that has won more games than any NFL team since the start of 2010, which beat both Super Bowl contestants in 2010, and which went to the Super Bowl and lost by the skin of their teeth with their main offensive weapon (other than Brady) clearly hobbled.

Do you realize how dumb this makes you sound?

kcpasco
02-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Just stay the fuck away from Brandon Carr and I will continue to have no problems with the Pats.

the Talking Can
02-05-2012, 09:55 PM

yup...and brady was off on a couple of important passes...Manning outplayed him....

Brock
02-05-2012, 10:02 PM
They gave up 21 to a pretty good offense. They were tight when they needed to be. I thought the Hernandez drop was right in his hands. The Welker pass was well behind him.

They needed to make a stop at the end of the game and didn't even come close. They lost the game.

RNR
02-05-2012, 10:05 PM
They needed to make a stop at the end of the game and didn't even come close. They lost the game.

This, one play does not win or lose a game~

pkane
02-05-2012, 10:06 PM
JFC

Try telling kc connection that

MOhillbilly
02-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Disagree

Imon Yourside
02-05-2012, 10:16 PM
**** the Giants, **** the Pats, the only problem with this game was someone had to win.
Posted via Mobile Device

I wholeheartedly endorse this post.

chop
02-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Overrated as a #1 WR.

Overrated?! Are you kidding me? The guy led the league in catches, by a large margin, and was also second in yardage. His stats were 122 / 1569 / 9. He may not be your typical #1 like A. Johnson or C. Johnson but he does what he does very well.

DJ's left nut
02-05-2012, 10:36 PM
I saw Tom Terrific throw 3 very important passes behind his receivers' backs when they were WIDE open.

He choked, believe it or not. Although Wes could have caught that ball, it would have been one hell of a catch.

I was wondering if I was seeing the same game as everyone else.

I completely agree with you here. Sure, Welker could've caught that, but it would've been a damn tough catch. Brady put the ball over the wrong shoulder, Welker had to turn his head, locate the ball and snare it while diving. It was an incredibly difficult catch; not just a drop.

Tom Brady went 7/18 after the Aaron Hernandez touchdown. He simply choked. He had a wide-open Welker and Casseled him. He had several other chances to extend drives or keep the Giants O off the field and he simply missed guys.

Brady played out of his mind for the first 40 minutes of that game, but he was ordinary to bad for the last 20.

Hammock Parties
02-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Overrated?! Are you kidding me? The guy led the league in catches, by a large margin, and was also second in yardage. His stats were 122 / 1569 / 9. He may not be your typical #1 like A. Johnson or C. Johnson but he does what he does very well.

Because of the offense he plays in, and his QB.

The Patriots throw the ball 38 times a game. Someone's gonna rack up the catches.

Welker is a good player but like you said, he's not an Andre Johnson.

If the Pats had an actual game breaker on offense they might beat teams like the Giants.

And their lack of truly elite talent at the skill positions has been an Achilles since Moss left.

notorious
02-05-2012, 10:40 PM
. He simply choked. He had a wide-open Welker and Casseled him. He had several other chances to extend drives or keep the Giants O off the field and he simply missed guys.

Brady played out of his mind for the first 40 minutes of that game, but he was ordinary to bad for the last 20.

Yep.

It's the exact opposite than what he did when he won 3 Superbowls. In those games he played average for 3 quarters than turned it on to win it in the end.

notorious
02-05-2012, 10:41 PM

The Patriots throw the ball 38 times a game. Someone's gonna rack up the catches.

If the Pats had an actual game breaker on offense they might beat teams like the Giants.

And their lack of truly elite talent at the skill positions has been an Achilles since Moss left.

I have to agree with Clay, here. The Pats of no speed to stretch the field anymore.

DBOSHO
02-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Welker is playing in the superbowl. He has to make that catch. Deion has to make that catch late. Rob has to at least knock that int down. Toms cast let him down again.

DJ's left nut
02-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Welker is playing in the superbowl. He has to make that catch. Deion has to make that catch late. Rob has to at least knock that int down. Toms cast let him down again.

Horse shit - Tom didn't play worth a crap for the last 1/3 of that game - quit making excuses for him.

The fact that it's the Super Bowl doesn't suddenly make Welker a superhero. That catch was incredibly difficult. It's not like he didn't make it due to lack of focus or technique (ala Lee Evans in the AFC championship game) - he didn't make it because he couldn't contort his body 180 degree while leaping through the air. It's okay to call out a player for not having the proper focus in a key position - but you're calling him out because his physical attributes didn't increase tenfold in a key situation. You can't just expect Welker to make insane catches just because the stakes are higher. All you can expect is his best effort and concentration - that's exactly what the Pats got there.

Even an okay throw gets caught. If Brady puts it over the right shoulder, it's a catch. If he puts a little more air under it to take advantage of just how open Welker was, it's a catch.

As for Branch and Hernandez - the Hernandez catch was irrelevant, it would've hurt them more than it helped them. Gaining 8 yards was not worth the extra 10 seconds or the TO they'd have had to burn. And yeah, the Branch catch was a drop, but drops happen.

Brady's teammates didn't let him down. His offense managed to score 17 points and get shutout for the last 20 minutes of regulation. And a large part of that was because he was simply missing open receivers when he had the chance to ice the game.

If you're looking for someone to blame for this loss, Welker is well behind Tom Brady.

notorious
02-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Tom choked.

Never thought we would see the day, but it is 100% true.

lostcause
02-05-2012, 11:04 PM

And they've won just as many super bowls with him as without him.

LiveSteam
02-05-2012, 11:07 PM
It was a host of things. Gronk hurt, 12 men on the field fucked a fumble away, offside on the D late in the game, bad throw, dropped balls.

In58men
02-05-2012, 11:08 PM
i hope he dies and i hope he burns in hell
Posted via Mobile Device

Did he fuck your daughter?

DJ's left nut
02-05-2012, 11:10 PM
It was a host of things. Gronk hurt, 12 men on the field fucked a fumble away, offside on the D late in the game, bad throw, dropped balls.

That 12-man penalty will end up overlooked in the grand scheme of things, but it was as important as the Manningham catch and significantly less excusable.

That one was a HUGE mistake.

stonedstooge
02-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Did Brady start missing after he got taken down on his shoulder? That one drive he was nails. Dont think he missed a pass

LiveSteam
02-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Gronk being hurt IMO was the biggest killer in the game.

LiveSteam
02-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Did Brady start missing after he got taken down on his shoulder? That one drive he was nails. Dont think he missed a pass

Yes

notorious
02-05-2012, 11:13 PM
The defensive offsides killed them. It would have been 4th down, with the Pats getting the ball in their own territory with a lead and around 9 minutes left with a 17-12 lead.

JFC did the Pats ever choke. :facepalm:

Rasputin
02-05-2012, 11:15 PM

That's what I was expecting for the reason Giants win.

spades
02-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Tom choked.

Really?

He has choked many times and is the most overrated player in football history.

Red Dawg
02-06-2012, 05:51 AM

That's BS. The offense lost the game. 17 points? That's it? Brady's safety and the Wes drop was the diff.

Defense held the Giants to 13 earned points until the end and still they would have had only needed an FG to tie if not for safety.

Chiefnj2
02-06-2012, 09:16 AM
People are stupid.

Brady is trying to throw Welker open on the play in question. If he leads him where Welker was originally headed, the Giants safety is going to kill him.

Brady tries to lead him to open space. Tough catch to make. They just didn't connect.

htismaqe
02-06-2012, 09:21 AM
People are stupid.

Brady is trying to throw Welker open on the play in question. If he leads him where Welker was originally headed, the Giants safety is going to kill him.

Brady tries to lead him to open space. Tough catch to make. They just didn't connect.

There were a couple of Brady throws that hit the receiver on the back shoulder like that.

I distinctly remember one on an earlier drive when they were talking about his left shoulder but thinking "if he would have led the WR, it probably would have been picked".

Molitoth
02-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Blaming the loss on Welker is retarded.

BigCatDaddy
02-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Blaming the loss on Welker is retarded.

Gisele disagrees LMAO

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201202/tom-bradys-wife-blames-patriots-teammates

Brock
02-06-2012, 09:38 AM
That's BS. The offense lost the game. 17 points? That's it? Brady's safety and the Wes drop was the diff.

Defense held the Giants to 13 earned points until the end and still they would have had only needed an FG to tie if not for safety.

No, that's not BS. They had a lead going into the end of the game and just had to make a stop and didn't. That's a fail, for those of you who don't get how the game works.

Simply Red
02-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Tom choked.

I'm so tired of him, i didn't realize it until last night. Glad Eli won it, again.

Molitoth
02-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Without Welker, the Pats wouldn't be in the Super Bowl.

Mile High Mania
02-06-2012, 09:43 AM
One play didn't lose this game...

Brady threw a bad pass for Gronk that was intercepted. Hernandez dropped a sure thing late... Wes dropped his pass. The Patriots' defense gave up several big plays, don't forget about the first pass on that final TD drive to Manningham.

There was plenty of blame to go around. Wes didn't drop the only drive extending reception of the day.

This just showcased that while the Patriots are talented... they're not all world. Their receivers are sub par as a whole for them. Brady has relied too much on Gronk lately and it showed when he wasn't 100%.

They don't have a real threat in the rushing game either and the defense was suspect all year.

Let's not forget... it took a missed short yardage FG in the playoffs to give them their only win over a team that finished the regular season above .500.

NE will always be a great team with Brady... but, they do have issues.

Molitoth
02-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Gisele disagrees LMAO

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201202/tom-bradys-wife-blames-patriots-teammates

"You (have) to catch the ball when you're supposed to catch the ball," she is heard saying. "My husband cannot [expletive] throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times."

True though.

BigCatDaddy
02-06-2012, 09:47 AM
"You (have) to catch the ball when you're supposed to catch the ball," she is heard saying. "My husband cannot [expletive] throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times."

True though.

Funny that she quoted Grbac.

htismaqe
02-06-2012, 09:47 AM
One play didn't lose this game...

Brady threw a bad pass for Gronk that was intercepted. Hernandez dropped a sure thing late... Wes dropped his pass. The Patriots' defense gave up several big plays, don't forget about the first pass on that final TD drive to Manningham.

There was plenty of blame to go around. Wes didn't drop the only drive extending reception of the day.

This just showcased that while the Patriots are talented... they're not all world. Their receivers are sub par as a whole for them. Brady has relied too much on Gronk lately and it showed when he wasn't 100%.

They don't have a real threat in the rushing game either and the defense was suspect all year.

Let's not forget... it took a missed short yardage FG in the playoffs to give them their only win over a team that finished the regular season above .500.

NE will always be a great team with Brady... but, they do have issues.

Great post.

Fritz88
02-06-2012, 10:11 AM

True though.

She is so ugly that sometimes I think Brady is hotter than her.

htismaqe
02-06-2012, 10:31 AM
She is so ugly that sometimes I think Brady is hotter than her.

You think?

It's Tom freaking Brady - of course he's hotter than her. Ugg boots and all.

Chief Pote
02-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Tom choked.

Really?

He has choked many times and is the most overrated player in football history.

What are you :bong: ?

RNR
02-06-2012, 10:59 AM
No, that's not BS. They had a lead going into the end of the game and just had to make a stop and didn't. That's a fail, for those of you who don't get how the game works.

Why this is so hard for some to grasp is amazing~

Buck
02-06-2012, 11:07 AM
I think I blacked out starting at around halftime.

I have no recollection of anything except the Manningham catch and the Hail Mary at the end.

Anyone have video of this Welker thing? I've been seeing him get blasted today. Want to know what he did.

Buck
02-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Here it is.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/or1nSVUJeq8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brady could have put it over Welker's right shoulder and we wouldn't be having this convo.

DJ's left nut
02-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Exactly.

"Throwing him open" my ass - Welker was open and Brady flat missed him.

But you can't blame the golden boy for a loss, noooooo, it has to be his teammates. Afterall, it's not like the Branch pass was tipped or anything (it was; Brady simply didn't see Ross dropping into coverage) or like the Hernandez drop was irrelevant (it was; an 8 yard catch that either cost them a TO or 12 seconds would've hurt them more than it helped them).

Brady didn't play well after the Hernandez TD - end of story. But that narrative isn't nearly as easy as "Welker dropped the ball..." now is it?

Chiefnj2
02-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Exactly.

"Throwing him open" my ass - Welker was open and Brady flat missed him.

But you can't blame the golden boy for a loss, noooooo, it has to be his teammates. Afterall, it's not like the Branch pass was tipped or anything (it was; Brady simply didn't see Ross dropping into coverage) or like the Hernandez drop was irrelevant (it was; an 8 yard catch that either cost them a TO or 12 seconds would've hurt them more than it helped them).

Brady didn't play well after the Hernandez TD - end of story. But that narrative isn't nearly as easy as "Welker dropped the ball..." now is it?

You know more than Jaworski and other NFL guys who said Brady was throwing him open.

MOhillbilly
02-06-2012, 12:11 PM
It came down to lack of big plays by the pats plain and simple. The pats had plenty of opportunities to make plays and didn't. Giants did when it counted, game over.

Epic Fail 007
02-06-2012, 12:11 PM
No the nfl fixed the game.

DJ's left nut
02-06-2012, 12:19 PM
You know more than Jaworski and other NFL guys who said Brady was throwing him open.

I know the television guys love kissing Brady's ass.

Look at the play and think for yourself, sweetheart. If Tom Brady really felt the need to 'throw open' a WR that had nobody within 5 yards of him, and in so doing create an exponentially more difficult pass - well that was just insanely stupid. And Tom Brady is by no means insanely stupid.

It was an execution error - period. Watch the replay, there was plenty of free space for Brady to throw the ball to and leave Welker an easy reception. Instead he threw it to the wrong shoulder and without enough air under it for Welker to adjust to it.

But you just keep parroting what the talking heads feed you. Afterall, they've never been known to protect their favorites or anything, just as Brett Favre.

Fish
02-06-2012, 12:20 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/402680_10100237165510217_609529_45326928_1386044947_n.jpg

notorious
02-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Use your eyes. Nobody was near Welker, yet Brady still put it behind him.

Shit pass, plain and simple.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Overrated as a #1 WR.

They thought they had that with Oucho Stinko

aturnis
02-06-2012, 05:16 PM

Dumbest thing I've ever heard. If Terrific Tom can't hit a wide open receiver, he doesn't deserve to win. That incompletion was on Tom. If Cassel had thrown that ball, you'd all be calling for nut hooks. Just b/c Welker makes great grabs consistently, doesn't make it right to expect him to all the time.

aturnis
02-06-2012, 05:22 PM

He WAS open you fucktard. I don't care if he knows more than Jaworski or not, not everyone has to lick Brady's butthole for a job.

lcarus
02-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Use your eyes. Nobody was near Welker, yet Brady still put it behind him.

Shit pass, plain and simple.

Yeah it wasn't a perfect pass, but he has to make that catch I'm sorry. It was good enough.

DJ's left nut
02-06-2012, 05:34 PM
From Simmons' article today:

8. A Brazilian Supermodel Helping Wes Welker to Avoid Scapegoat Status

Two things to remember about that "drop." First, it wouldn't have clinched the game. Eli would have gotten the ball back unless the Patriots finished the drive and scored. Second, it was a shitty pass. That play happened right in front of me — I was sitting on that side of the field, dead-even with the 13-yard line, 16 rows up. ... They caught the Giants in the wrong defense; they had the ball on the right hash mark and Welker on the left side, with a ton of field to work with, so once he beat his guy off the line of scrimmage, you knew exactly where he was going. Brady knew it, too … only he put a little too much air on the ball.

Had Welker hauled that football in, the catch itself would have been on the level of Manningham's tremendous catch that kick-started the winning Giants drive. Does Welker usually make that play? Yes. Does Brady usually make that throw? Yes. They both blew it.

I disagree that it was a play Welker 'normally' makes - that play is damn tough. but the rest rings true; Welker didn't catch it because it was a very poor throw.

Wallcrawler
02-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Welker got 2 hands on that football. He shouldve made the catch. Sure, over the wrong shoulder, a little behind, whatever. Championship on the line, you get 2 hands on the football you MUST make the catch.

Brock
02-06-2012, 06:38 PM
9 times out of 10 he catches that. It still came down to the defense playing like shit, just like they did at the end vs. Baltimore.

jd1020
02-06-2012, 06:40 PM
9 times out of 10 he catches that. It still came down to the defense playing like shit, just like they did at the end vs. Baltimore.

Not according to Collinsworth. 100/100 times he catches that ball... right after he drops it.

MahiMike
02-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Patriots GM lost this game for not having a real WR on the team. It was extremely evident on the long pass plays. They didn't make one of them because they don't have a true WR above 6'0".

Otter
02-06-2012, 06:46 PM
It came down to lack of big plays by the pats plain and simple. The pats had plenty of opportunities to make plays and didn't. Giants did when it counted, game over.

That's pretty much it. Turn on Sportscenter and they're still analyzing it like there's gonna be a vote recount to be able to change the outcome.

Wes Walker is a great/good receiver that dropped an important pass. It's really that simple. There's a lot of reasons why the Patriots were coming back in the 4th quarter of the super bowl with less than a minute on the clock.

That was one (albeit very important) factor of many.

KCBOSS1
02-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Well they're not in this game without him and I would trade any receiver on our roster for him so.... Whatever

Simplicity
02-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Tom Brady lost the game... Don't even blame this on Wes... He was wide... He needs to throw a ball where the WR has the best chance of catching and gather a couple more yards.

DBOSHO
02-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Tom Brady lost the game... Don't even blame this on Wes... He was wide... He needs to throw a ball where the WR has the best chance of catching and gather a couple more yards.

So, away from the safety that was going to decleat welker if it hadnt been thrown there?

GloryDayz
02-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Had Brady had two totally healthy knees, he'd have made a better throw.

How'd he hurt his knee?

BIG_DADDY
02-06-2012, 08:22 PM

That's a great take. Blaming it on WW is just lame.