PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Romeo and the fans take

chiefzilla1501
02-07-2012, 06:42 PM
So interesting things I've noticed since Romeo took over. He was very defensive of the daboll hire and even mentioned that it wasn't a tree hire. He's said several times that cassel wasn't guaranteed a starting job. Immediately after taking over he moved stanzi to 2nd string.

Anyone get the sense that Romeo is paying very close attention to what fans think or at least he has somebody feeding this info to him? It seems strange he would use the word tree or come out of nowhere to talk about cassel. Either means we are spinning stories. Or it means maybe the team gets it that this team needs to pay attention to the fans. Anyway... This deserved it's own thread.

jspchief
02-07-2012, 06:49 PM
He's answering the questions the press is asking. He's simply more open than Haley was.

dirk digler
02-07-2012, 06:50 PM
I bet he reads CP every morning

mlyonsd
02-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Romeo=Herm. You heard it here first.

Ebolapox
02-07-2012, 06:52 PM
hey romeo, cassel sucks. put a gun to pioli's head and force him to draft RGIII

tredadda
02-07-2012, 06:54 PM
So interesting things I've noticed since Romeo took over. He was very defensive of the daboll hire and even mentioned that it wasn't a tree hire. He's said several times that cassel wasn't guaranteed a starting job. Immediately after taking over he moved stanzi to 2nd string.

Anyone get the sense that Romeo is paying very close attention to what fans think or at least he has somebody feeding this info to him? It seems strange he would use the word tree or come out of nowhere to talk about cassel. Either means we are spinning stories. Or it means maybe the team gets it that this team needs to pay attention to the fans. Anyway... This deserved it's own thread.

It's highly possible that he is getting the feel of the fans from other sources. In spite of all he says though, until I see positive results from all he says, then it is all talk. I want legit competition at QB, and I want to see our offense improve from it's almost historical ineptness.

Deberg_1990
02-07-2012, 06:54 PM
We will never know if this was a Crennel hire or a Pioli hire, but it sure looks a whole lot like a Pioli hire. Crennel seems like a huge "yes man" to me.

Messier
02-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Romeo=Herm. You heard it here first.

No. They are very different.

mlyonsd
02-07-2012, 07:17 PM
No. They are very different.The result will be the same.

Messier
02-07-2012, 07:19 PM
We will never know if this was a Crennel hire or a Pioli hire, but it sure looks a whole lot like a Pioli hire. Crennel seems like a huge "yes man" to me.

Really? I think Crennel knows Daboll better than Pioli, he coached with him. I think Crennel brought him up.

I don't see Crennel as a yes man.

DeezNutz
02-07-2012, 07:21 PM
The result will be the same.

And if he can redevelop Bowe, he could be like Haley.

RealSNR
02-07-2012, 07:22 PM
hey romeo, cassel sucks. put a gun to pioli's head and force him to draft RGIII. The pull the trigger anyway.

FYP

Valiant
02-07-2012, 07:23 PM

I agree.. But if I were making around what he is making for being a coach.. I would be a yes man also..

RealSNR
02-07-2012, 07:26 PM
The result will be the same.Actually in this case I might take Herm. Romeo probably knows what he's actually talking about when it comes to calling and coaching a defense, but he's equally as shitty of a gameday coach as Herm was. Plus, Herm actually had a knack for drafting quality players.

We'll see how this draft goes if Pioli can build on his successes from 2011.

RealSNR
02-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Actually, I take that back. Romeo once drafted a QB in the first round.

WV
02-07-2012, 08:09 PM
We won't know anything until training camp. Cassel seems to be more of a necessary evil that comes with working for Peeholy.

God I hope all the talk is legit though.

Simplicity
02-07-2012, 08:12 PM

Yeah.... No, he is far away from being a "yes man"....

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-07-2012, 08:23 PM
If he's coaching based on what the fans think, he should be fired immediately.

Period.

Fans are excited amateurs who think they know what the hell they're talking about. If you make a decision based on trying to make the fan base happy, the owner should run you out of town on a rail and not even think twice.

Mr. Laz
02-07-2012, 08:24 PM
jesus ... you guys say that about every dam thing that happens.

everything

It's one big conspiracy :facepalm:

I don't like the hire either but that doesn't mean its a Pioli strong-arm tactic.

This hire is completely on Crennel unless something different is proven. The same goes for who starts at QB this year.

Pioli does effect it with FA's and Drafting but the starting decisions are on Crennel.

gold_and_red
02-07-2012, 08:25 PM

Period.

Fans are excited amateurs who think they know what the hell they're talking about. If you make a decision based on trying to make the fan base happy, the owner should run you out of town on a rail and not even think twice.

Tell that to John Fox

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Tell that to John Fox

If he did it because Orton was stinking up the place (and he was at the time), it was the right decision, fans or not.

If he did it because he felt "pressured by the fans to do it", then he should be unemployed right now.

chiefzilla1501
02-07-2012, 10:23 PM

Period.

I don't think he's doing things the fans want to hear. Just saying it. It sounds like coachspeak, but it sure does seem like a lot of coaches/Pioli/etc... are being coached on what to say.

Think it's interesting that Romeo is claiming Daboll is 100% his call. Think it's interesting that everybody is being careful to talk nice about Cassel but suggest that they want more competition at QB. Think it's interesting that a lot of people are talking about "the tree." And they're all speaking the same language. As I said last week, hiring Ted Crewes seems to have made a difference.

I get the feeling that Clark Hunt knows that if he doesn't win over his fans soon, his ticket sales are going to be embarrassingly bad.

SAUTO
02-07-2012, 10:28 PM
So now we get to play the game show "the mole chiefsplanet edition"

I vote for inmem58
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan
02-07-2012, 11:19 PM
The KC media, while still very sad, has actually started asking these questions. Crennel is going to be forced to answer these questions more than Todd and Pioli were for the past few years.

boogblaster
02-07-2012, 11:44 PM
time will tell all ......

BossChief
02-08-2012, 12:46 AM
The KC media, while still very sad, has actually started asking these questions. Crennel is going to be forced to answer these questions more than Todd and Pioli were for the past few years.

The good thing is that they are already asking them.

No way Cassel makes it through the year.

Dave Lane
02-08-2012, 01:03 AM
No. They are very different.

Romeo said to Herm once, "if you were half the man I am..."

Herm said "I am half the man you are."

FAX
02-08-2012, 01:06 AM
There are a few differences.

Romeo; Round.
Herm; Not round.

Romeo; Fields excellent defense.
Herm; Likes Fig Newtons.

Romeo; Won Superbowl as coach.
Herm; Played Barbie's Dream House with little girls.

FAX

htismaqe
02-08-2012, 07:28 AM
jesus ... you guys say that about every dam thing that happens.

everything

It's one big conspiracy :facepalm:

I don't like the hire either but that doesn't mean its a Pioli strong-arm tactic.

This hire is completely on Crennel unless something different is proven. The same goes for who starts at QB this year.

Pioli does effect it with FA's and Drafting but the starting decisions are on Crennel.

Well, there were reports that when asked at the Senior Bowl about the OC search, Crennel shrugged and pointed at Pioli.

That being said, you're right.

It's not really that Crennel is a "yes man" being asked to do things he doesn't want to do but feeling compelled to comply.

Crennel was hired in the first place because he and Pioli are on the same page. They have the same ideas, the same goals, the same vision.

milkman
02-08-2012, 12:41 PM
If he did it because Orton was stinking up the place (and he was at the time), it was the right decision, fans or not.

If he did it because he felt "pressured by the fans to do it", then he should be unemployed right now.

Every report we saw during the preseason and up to the time that TeBow replaced Orton, was that Brady Quinn was out performing TeBow in practice, and was the clear cut #2 QB.

How often have you heard of a situation like this, where the #3 QB is inserted into the starting lineup ahead of the #2 guy when the starter is being replaced?

Starting TeBow was almost certainly to appease the fans.

qabbaan
02-08-2012, 12:57 PM

I get this impression too. Pioli gave Crennel a second chance when likely nobody else would have given him a head coach job. Crennel will be much more loyal than Haley was

htismaqe
02-08-2012, 01:00 PM
I get this impression too. Pioli gave Crennel a second chance when likely nobody else would have given him a head coach job. Crennel will be much more loyal than Haley was

Pioli and Crennel both owe the ENTIRETY of their current situation to their time in New England.

It's not that Crennel is loyal to Pioli, it's that they are BOTH loyal to the Patriot Way.