PDA

View Full Version : Misc Does the "no contact" rule work?

God of Thunder
02-08-2012, 09:09 AM
We've all had those breakups! The ones you didn't see coming, or the ones you did and didn't do anything about it! For whatever reason though, your friends, family, and everyone else always seem to say...

"Do NOT contact them, and in time, they'll come running and begging back"

This always seems strange, however, I think it generally holds true. Once you're gone, you start to mean more to that person. Once you know longer think about it, they tend to come flying back.

Do you all find this to be true or not?

Bugeater
02-08-2012, 09:29 AM
In a situation like this I recommend having sex with her mother.

Buck
02-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Sorry man. I know it sucks to not be with the person you want to be with. It's tough to move on, but its the best thing to do.

FAX
02-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

I once left a girl in LA and returned to the Midwest for some R&R after a surgery deal ... a total no-contact situation. She was knocking on my damn door within two weeks. It was really, really embarrassing since I was in the midst of some extremely hedonistic activities when she showed up out of the blue.

I suggest that moving on is the best thing to do. You have to look at life as a series of "chapters". Once you've read one chapter, you turn the page in order to discover what happens next. Make a ton of changes in your life. Work out. Feed your head. Tell the past to go screw itself and look forward to the future with anticipation and enthusiasm.

There are a lot of ways to screw up your life and only a few ways to improve it. Hanging onto the past is one of the best ways to make yourself miserable and miss out on the best your precious few days on this Earth have to offer.

FAX

el borracho
02-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Does the "no contact" rule work?

No, nothing works. People are selfish a-holes, incapable of honoring long-term commitments. Get together, get disappointed, break up. Then do it all again with someone else.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Frazod
02-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Be strong. No groveling.

God of Thunder
02-08-2012, 09:49 AM

I once left a girl in LA and returned to the Midwest for some R&R after a surgery deal ... a total no-contact situation. She was knocking on my damn door within two weeks. It was really, really embarrassing since I was in the midst of some extremely hedonistic activities when she showed up out of the blue.

I suggest that moving on is the best thing to do. You have to look at life as a series of "chapters". Once you've read one chapter, you turn the page in order to discover what happens next. Make a ton of changes in your life. Work out. Feed your head. Tell the past to go screw itself and look forward to the future with anticipation and enthusiasm.

There are a lot of ways to screw up your life and only a few ways to improve it. Hanging onto the past is one of the best ways to make yourself miserable and miss out on the best your precious few days on this Earth have to offer.

FAX

It's hard to move on......especially since I did and DIDN'T see it coming. The signs were there, and I knew it.......I just assumed we were in a rut.

On Friday, she claimed she wanted a "break, not a breakup" so she could clear her head for awhile and determine what she wanted. I told her a break was another word for breakup. Sunday came (sunday night) and I called her and was mad. Told her after 1-1/2 years she should know what she wants. She then claimed she went on a date Friday and liked it, and wanted more time. I said "how could you go on a date when we're together?" and she said "you said it was a breakup!" She then gave me this BS about how she's hasnt' felt our connection for awhile, and thought that she didn't love me like she used to.

She said "how about when you get back from Florida, we consider going on a date to see how things go?".....now keep in mind, i leave for Florida this monday, and return next friday.

I was already against this and said "are you going to keep dating this guy in the meantime?" and she said "yes, I like him......he's not you"

So i'm rather hurt. I'm confused.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Be hurt. But move on. You don't have a choice at this point. And when she does come back, remember how you feel now, and whether you're willing to let her do it again. If she's dating this soon, she hasn't been with you for awhile.

Dayze
sucks dude. but I agree...if she doesn't know what she wants afte 1.5 yrs, then how long should you wait for her to figure it out.

IMO, don't contact her; period. and I'd even be reluctant to accept her call/email when she contacts you (because she will).

Treat yourself to some good beer, good beef, and buy a nice handgun/rifle in the meantime.

htismaqe
It's hard to move on......especially since I did and DIDN'T see it coming. The signs were there, and I knew it.......I just assumed we were in a rut.

On Friday, she claimed she wanted a "break, not a breakup" so she could clear her head for awhile and determine what she wanted. I told her a break was another word for breakup. Sunday came (sunday night) and I called her and was mad. Told her after 1-1/2 years she should know what she wants. She then claimed she went on a date Friday and liked it, and wanted more time. I said "how could you go on a date when we're together?" and she said "you said it was a breakup!" She then gave me this BS about how she's hasnt' felt our connection for awhile, and thought that she didn't love me like she used to.

She said "how about when you get back from Florida, we consider going on a date to see how things go?".....now keep in mind, i leave for Florida this monday, and return next friday.

I was already against this and said "are you going to keep dating this guy in the meantime?" and she said "yes, I like him......he's not you"

Dude, in all seriousness. That last conversation should be the last time you EVER initiate contact with her.

If she "wants a break" and wants to keep dating this other guy, she's EXPLORING. She doesn't want you but she wants the security she has with you. If she can't find it somewhere else, she's gonna come crawling back. You don't wanna be that guy.

Cut her loose and move on.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Dude, in all seriousness. That last conversation should be the last time you EVER initiate contact with her.

If she "wants a break" and wants to keep dating this other guy, she's EXPLORING. She doesn't want you but she wants the security she has with you. If she can't find it somewhere else, she's gonna come crawling back. You don't wanna be that guy.

/thread

Dayze
02-08-2012, 10:05 AM

precisley. Nicely said.:clap:

Rain Man
02-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Life is a journey, and everyone you meet and know is transient. Some of them come and go quickly, just a waitress at a truck stop along your journey. Others hitchhike with you for a couple hundred miles, but eventually they get out at a gas station and walk off while you're getting a Dr. Pepper. But all that does is create an empty seat for the next person to ride along. So follow your route, pick the radio station you want, turn the a/c to the setting you want, and if someone wants to ride along with you for a while, great.

FAX
02-08-2012, 10:08 AM

I won't say it isn't difficult. Something like this affects your personal sense of worth and self-esteem. Humans don't like that feeling ... not one bit. Personal rejection causes shame and it's a tough one to fight because you're really fighting yourself.

However, it's also the most powerful growth experience that a person can have. I could tell you stories from my own life that are similar. If you read, I can recommend some books that helped me through.

Here's the deal though ... I never would have met the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX had I stayed with prior relationships. It's silly to compare humans in this way, but the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX smokes every other girl I've ever known ... including girls I truly loved ... one in particular that I almost married.

You have to dig deep inside yourself and find a way to shut off the past and realize that the best is yet to come. Date a lot of girls. Focus on self-improvement. Motivate yourself. Find something to replace the brooding. Yes, it's difficult now, but things will get better.

This is going to sound crazy, but think about it; What if this girl were hit by a bus and lost her arms and legs. Would you still feel the same way about her? Be honest.

FAX

bevischief
02-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Leave now before there are any kids in the equation. Sounds like she isn't ready to settle down yet. So go have your own good time in Florida. Lots of good looking ladies down there.

cookster50
02-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Someone give this guy his balls back, FAST!

MIAdragon
02-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Someone give this guy his balls back, FAST!

She already did, he just needs to accept it and move on.

The Franchise
02-08-2012, 10:26 AM

That statement right there would have been the end for me. Like htismaqe said.....don't contact her again. I wouldn't even talk to her when you get back from Florida....even if she contacts you.

Fuck that bitch. Life is to short to be the fall-back guy.

tooge
02-08-2012, 10:27 AM
best rule is to have as much contact with her best looking friend as you can. It'll make you feel better and her feel worse. No, the no contact rule doesn't work btw.

InChiefsHeaven
02-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Don't be mad. It is what it is. It hurts, maybe like hell, but it's not the end of the world. Think of it as a good thing. She figured it out before you crazy kids got married and had kids. WHEW! Now have a beer and celebrate. You have your whole life in front of you.

FAX
02-08-2012, 10:34 AM
I remember seeing this really old Popeye cartoon one time where Popeye and Bluto were on this old, rickety boat and they made a pact that neither one of them would ever have anything to do with women again. They shook hands and everything.

Then, as luck would have it, Olive Oyl came floating along on a raft. Apparently, the ship she had been on ran aground and sunk and she was the sole survivor. Well, it wasn't long before Popeye and Bluto were going at it hammer and tongs. Popeye would smash Bluto, then Bluto would stuff Popeye into a barrel and on and on. Heck, at one time they had Olive Oyl by the arms and stretched her out. It was kind of amazing how much she could stretch there in that part.

Anyhow, it just goes to show that it's easy to say "get over it", but even dudes like Popeye and Bluto can go a little nuts when women are involved. Even super skinny, stretchy girls.

FAX

Iowanian
02-08-2012, 10:46 AM

This is a kinder way of saying what I would have said.

She's gone....cut her loose.

You were looking for a piece of pussy when you found that one.

I can't think of 1 time after early High School that I ever got back together with someone when there was any kind of "break".

Move on. Life is too short to not be happy.

I've been run over like you're saying....and it ended up being the best thing that gal ever did for me.

The Bad Guy
02-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Sounds like she was looking for a way out, but didn't want to tell you because of the reaction. She tried using words like break to give herself an out but your reaction wasn't a great one on your part either. Telling someone they should know what they want after 1.5 years is a crock.

Cut bait and move on.

Demonpenz
02-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Next that woman and get another one. If she coes back it is on your conditions, but personally I just give them the one strike rule and they are OUT.

Iowanian
02-08-2012, 10:54 AM
The question you need to be asking is where you are going with your pals this weekend and who will be your first slump buster....

Don't waste any more time on that gal. It's not even worth being angry or sad. Just move on and learn.

Skyy God
02-08-2012, 10:55 AM

Especially since she already had a date lined up when she told you about taking a break.

Don't be a chump.

Iowanian
02-08-2012, 10:57 AM
She went on a date, if you ever kiss her again, you're probably catching some 2nd hand pecker.

If I had a hot tub time machine, I'd go back to 1995 and slap myself and do what I'm telling you to do instead of what I did.

God of Thunder
02-08-2012, 10:58 AM
There's a lot the relationship that was bad. She started lying constantly about petty shit. The conversation in my original post happened on Sunday night, and I have not spoke to her since then. I dropped her stuff off Monday to her mother who tried to pry about the situation. I don't want her back.....I couldn't take her back. She even made a comment that said "yes, I went on a date with him, and I kissed him" and she made another comment....."I wish you'd just go sleep with someone else to get over me"......very hateful

What I want most, is that revenge. I want her to see she fucked up, try to get me back, and I just smile and say "no"

htismaqe
02-08-2012, 11:00 AM
There's a lot the relationship that was bad. She started lying constantly about petty shit. The conversation in my original post happened on Sunday night, and I have not spoke to her since then. I dropped her stuff off Monday to her mother who tried to pry about the situation. I don't want her back.....I couldn't take her back. She even made a comment that said "yes, I went on a date with him, and I kissed him" and she made another comment....."I wish you'd just go sleep with someone else to get over me"......very hateful

What I want most, is that revenge. I want her to see she ****ed up, try to get me back, and I just smile and say "no"

In that case, I'd say you have a 50/50 shot, maybe better, of getting the chance.

Odds are that the new guy isn't all the great so she'll eventually call.

The Bad Guy
02-08-2012, 11:01 AM

What I want most, is that revenge. I want her to see she ****ed up, try to get me back, and I just smile and say "no"

None of that will work. Everyone privately wants that after a breakup, but it never really ever turns out that way.

What you should want is to go out with buddies and have the time of your life and realize these are the prime years.

FAX
02-08-2012, 11:02 AM

The part about lying is bad, man. Real bad. Never, ever stay with a girl who lies to you ... it will always end badly.

The part about revenge is bad, too. No offense, but that's kind of immature for a God of Thunder. Stop thinking about revenge and start thinking about improving your own life.

FAX

The Bad Guy
02-08-2012, 11:02 AM
In that case, I'd say you have a 50/50 shot, maybe better, of getting the chance.

The novelty will wear off with the new guy and she'll seek familiar territory. But what I think the OP will do is take her back.

I don't think he has it in him right now to tell her no.

stonedstooge
02-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Take the high road. Let it Be

Iowanian
02-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Don't waste your time with that shit.....just move on.

I wasted a few months of my life being butt hurt, angry and crazy. None of it helped.

What did help was getting back with my buddies and spending my summer on a rebound tour.

Just let that little bird fly and call the buddies you haven't spent much time with the last year. In the big picture, 1.5yrs is a blip on the radar of your life and 10 years from now you'll not think twice about this broad.

Maybe you'll luck out and the new guy will have a Mike N Ike for a pecker.

The best revenge you can have is to just move on and be happy.

Chiefnj2
02-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Let it be.

She's going to come back. When she does, you must stay strong. Don't waiver. Your first response is, "I'll consider taking you back, but it's gotta be a threesome."

When the threesome is over tell her you think you like her girlfriend better because "she's not you."

winning.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-08-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm actually kind of going through this same scenario right now but in my case we may be getting to the "she comes back" stage. My gf from 2 years ago and I broke up mostly because she needed to focus on fixing some things in her life through counseling and such and really wasn't good at having a relationship when we were together. So on she went to get the help she needed... we've both dated since and now are both single again. She's still in counseling and maybe always will be but she has made significant progress in 2 years.

Now it's just kind of happened that we're talking a lot again lately and she's calling me the old nicknames that she did when we were together. Neither of us has even mentioned giving it another try but the undercurrent of that seems to exist and I'm honestly not sure how I feel about that. Maybe it will be nothing but maybe it will be something. I don't think either of us feels the need to put a definition on it or any added pressure at this point, which is fine. I'm not sure if I want her back or if I'm just mesmerized by the redheaded, freckles thing lol.

There, that was my luv overshare for the week.

:)

My advice to you GOT is to move on and assume she's not coming back. Don't count on it, don't plan on it, don't even think about it if you can help it. If it happens naturally that you and her get back together then fine, but in the meantime you still only get one life so don't waste time wanting something that's gone and may never come back. You might just miss something better in the process.

htismaqe
02-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Let it be.

She's going to come back. When she does, you must stay strong. Don't waiver. Your first response is, "I'll consider taking you back, but it's gotta be a threesome."

When the threesome is over tell her you think you like her girlfriend better because "she's not you."

winning.

:clap:

Iowanian
02-08-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm actually kind of going through this same scenario right now but in my case we may be getting to the "she comes back" stage. My gf from 2 years ago and I broke up mostly because she needed to focus on fixing some things in her life through counseling and such and really wasn't good at having a relationship when we were together. So on she went to get the help she needed... we've both dated since and now are both single again. She's still in counseling and maybe always will be but she has made significant progress in 2 years.

Now it's just kind of happened that we're talking a lot again lately and she's calling me the old nicknames that she did when we were together. Neither of us has even mentioned giving it another try but the undercurrent of that seems to exist and I'm honestly not sure how I feel about that. Maybe it will be nothing but maybe it will be something. I don't think either of us feels the need to put a definition on it or any added pressure at this point, which is fine. I'm not sure if I want her back or if I'm just mesmerized by the redheaded, freckles thing lol.

There, that was my luv overshare for the week.

:)

My advice to you GOT is to move on and assume she's not coming back. Don't count on it, don't plan on it, don't even think about it if you can help it. If it happens naturally that you and her get back together then fine, but in the meantime you still only get one life so don't waste time wanting something that's gone and may never come back. You might just miss something better in the process.

I'll wager I'm not the only one seeing this throughout your entire post bm

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS11UGjLJ8AH0KWDEvChL74XeVfuZslqWj62Xf4vp9xRiESnFLfMA

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-08-2012, 11:12 AM
I'll wager I'm not the only one seeing this throughout your entire post bm

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS11UGjLJ8AH0KWDEvChL74XeVfuZslqWj62Xf4vp9xRiESnFLfMA

Most of my friends would agree. Like I said I don't even actively want her back but I won't lie and say I'm totally uninterested in the idea either. I do care about her whether we're a couple or not. I don't know. I'd like to think I'm smarter than I used to be but maybe I'd just like to think that.

Frazod
02-08-2012, 11:25 AM

What I want most, is that revenge. I want her to see she fucked up, try to get me back, and I just smile and say "no"

Strong emotions show that you care, whether they are positive or negative.

I know you want to make the bitch pay (been there, done that, we've all been kicked to the curb before), but NOTHING GOOD WILL COME FROM IT. It's over - move on. Be glad you'll never be paying the bitch alimony or child support.

However, this is all easier said than done. And I fully expect you'll ignore all the good advice you receive in this thread, because that's just the way it works. The best life lessons are the painful ones, and pain that hurt me doesn't hurt you. So when you fuck up and sink even lower, just remember that we'll all be here to say I TOLD YOU SO. :)

Predarat
02-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Does the "no contact" rule work?

No, nothing works. People are selfish a-holes, incapable of honoring long-term commitments. Get together, get disappointed, break up. Then do it all again with someone else.

Hope that clears it up for you.

This is true. Even if it does work its just temporary and it will happen again and the cycle will continue. The desire for one to leave is for a reason.

God of Thunder
02-08-2012, 11:27 AM
I am doing my best at moving on. Monday night I went and played bar poker, tuesday I went to my buddies and played ping pong. Tonight i'm chilling at home, Tomorrow I will be at a bar.

I am trying to move on like i'll never speak to her again. It's hard that she ended it the way she did, and then admitted to dating someone else....that's whats making this hard. The revenge part may be childish, but I feel like she deserves it.

And FAX, it wasn't just lying. It was lying about stupid shit.

She'd claim "I am going to Houlihans with my work friends" and i'd say "okay!" and I was in the area, and drove by there to see if she was there (I had suspicions she was seeing someone else at this time) and she WAS NOT THERE!! when I confronted her about it later, she said "fine.....we actually went to a movie, and I was scared to tell you because you always invite me to movies and I say no"

Then, couple days later, she said she was having "ladies" night at Whiskey tango. Well, I went with some of my friends, and on teh way home from the Casino, they stopped by there. Needless to say, SHE WAS NOT THERE. I had a stamp on my hand showing I paid cover, when I met up with her later that night, I asked to see her hands like I was going to say something important.........I asked her what she did at WT, and she said "we just watched people dance!" and then I sprung it on her! NO STAMP ON THE HAND. She then admitted they actually went to power and light..............so trust me, there was A LOT of red flags,and I just kept allowing it.

Predarat
02-08-2012, 11:27 AM

Don't be confused, shes gone, tell her to go to hell.

BigCatDaddy
02-08-2012, 11:29 AM

I'd say better then 20/20 chance.

Iowanian
02-08-2012, 11:30 AM
She's been shagging that other dude for a while.

It's easier to say than do, but just move on.

Go do something cool that YOU have always wanted to do. I skydived as part of my list and it was everything I thought it would be. Going to the bar is fine, just don't move into a bottle.

Rain Man
02-08-2012, 11:31 AM
I am doing my best at moving on. Monday night I went and played bar poker, tuesday I went to my buddies and played ping pong. Tonight i'm chilling at home, Tomorrow I will be at a bar.

I am trying to move on like i'll never speak to her again. It's hard that she ended it the way she did, and then admitted to dating someone else....that's whats making this hard. The revenge part may be childish, but I feel like she deserves it.

She'd claim "I am going to Houlihans with my work friends" and i'd say "okay!" and I was in the area, and drove by there to see if she was there (I had suspicions she was seeing someone else at this time) and she WAS NOT THERE!! when I confronted her about it later, she said "fine.....we actually went to a movie, and I was scared to tell you because you always invite me to movies and I say no"

Then, couple days later, she said she was having "ladies" night at Whiskey tango. Well, I went with some of my friends, and on teh way home from the Casino, they stopped by there. Needless to say, SHE WAS NOT THERE. I had a stamp on my hand showing I paid cover, when I met up with her later that night, I asked to see her hands like I was going to say something important.........I asked her what she did at WT, and she said "we just watched people dance!" and then I sprung it on her! NO STAMP ON THE HAND. She then admitted they actually went to power and light..............so trust me, there was A LOT of red flags,and I just kept allowing it.

It sounds to me like it's time to move on, and it's time to stop spying on her. It's going to be a bummer for you until you meet someone better.

Predarat
02-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Find a chick and take her to a Mavericks game. Hockey is an aphrodisiac.

FAX
02-08-2012, 11:39 AM
I have a theory that, if the Chiefs would start winning, a lot of Planeteers would have better self-esteem.

There is no freaking way that a guy with a job and a half-assed personality can't attract an interesting, good-looking girl. Hell, that's all they think about ... girls, I mean. They are obsessed with hooking up with a guy ... either for some fun or a husband. If the Chiefs were winning, maybe everybody would feel just a little better about themselves and not quite so damn desperate.

Freaking Pioli.

FAX

bevischief
02-08-2012, 11:44 AM
The signs where there, you had your doubts and checked on her that proved your doubts. Time to move and start over with a better person. Everyone should have at least 1 bad relationship, it helps to show you the good thing when it comes along.

FAX
02-08-2012, 11:45 AM
I knew this guy ... he used to be the Executive Director of the Leukemia Society here in Nashville when I was on the board. Then, he became a franchisee of a company I helped start.

Anyhow, he lost it over a damn live-in girlfriend when she started screwing around. He bugged her phone, tailed her night and day, heck he even hired a PI for awhile to spy on her. He totally lost it. And this guy was otherwise, by all outward appearances, a normal human being with a solid reputation, many friends, and a decent career.

Women can turn even the best guy into a whimpering, paranoid idiot. You owe it to yourself to not let that happen to you. Ever.

FAX

God of Thunder
02-08-2012, 11:49 AM
I knew this guy ... he used to be the Executive Director of the Leukemia Society here in Nashville when I was on the board. Then, he became a franchisee of a company I helped start.

Anyhow, he lost it over a damn live-in girlfriend when she started screwing around. He bugged her phone, tailed her night and day, heck he even hired a PI for awhile to spy on her. He totally lost it. And this guy was otherwise, by all outward appearances, a normal human being with a solid reputation, many friends, and a decent career.

Women can turn even the best guy into a whimpering, paranoid idiot. You owe it to yourself to not let that happen to you. Ever.

FAX

trying hard not too. I am not contacting her, although I would like my stuff back.

She even did stupid things, like Monday, when I dropped her clothes off with her mom.....she loves playing 'scramble with friends' and we had about 5 games going........instead of leaving them and not touching them, she resigned on them all........sort of childish.

The convo with her mother when I dropped her stuff off went like this........

mom - "So do you think you two are going to work this out?"

me - "I don't think so, we're just too incompatible, and sometimes it just doesn't work out"

mom - "You know Melissa never really tells us anything, so we really have no idea what ever is going on"

me - "That seems to be a common theme with her."

mom - "you know, Melissa's first boyfriend was overly clingy, possessive, had to always know where she was at, she just can't handle that sort of thing"

me - "well, maybe is she didn't constantly lie, that wouldn't happen"

I think I handled it well. Her mom was trying to pry to see what I would say. Melissa is 24, so I am sure she'll ask her mom if I said anything when I dropped her stuff off and I wanted to give NO impression that I was hurt over this. The real kicker was when her mom came out to get the last couple of items and one of them was a pregnancy test..

"did Melissa think she was pregnant?"

me - Yeah, good thing that didn't happen.

tooge
02-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Life is a journey, and everyone you meet and know is transient. Some of them come and go quickly, just a waitress at a truck stop along your journey. Others hitchhike with you for a couple hundred miles, but eventually they get out at a gas station and walk off while you're getting a Dr. Pepper. But all that does is create an empty seat for the next person to ride along. So follow your route, pick the radio station you want, turn the a/c to the setting you want, and if someone wants to ride along with you for a while, great.

Just hope its not Jeffrey Dahmer

FAX
02-08-2012, 11:52 AM
It sounds as though you have a good relationship with the mother. Have you considered boinking her?

FAX

God of Thunder
02-08-2012, 11:54 AM
It sounds as though you have a good relationship with the mother. Have you considered boinking her?

FAX

ewww.....If you saw her mother, that comment would never be made. I looked at it as though her mom wasn't the one who shit on me, and I really don't want to see my ex.

tooge
02-08-2012, 11:57 AM
FAX is right. Focus on improving YOUR life. Do so by nailing HER friends as soon as possible.

BigCatDaddy
02-08-2012, 12:01 PM
ewww.....If you saw her mother, that comment would never be made. I looked at it as though her mom wasn't the one who shit on me, and I really don't want to see my ex.

We do. Pics?

Chiefnj2
02-08-2012, 12:01 PM
mom - "You know Melissa never really tells us anything, so we really have no idea what ever is going on"

me - "That seems to be a common theme with her."

Proper response was: "She's kind of sensitive and quiet about the syphilis she got from her 1 night stands 2 years ago. That, and the thing about the uncle touching her. Well, good-bye."

trndobrd
02-08-2012, 12:11 PM

You will have your revenge, it just won't be right now.

Right now you need to go hang out with your friends, have a good time, shoot pool, go to the gun/outdoor sports/electronics show, spend saturday afternoon hungover watching the John Wayne movie marathon, hit the gym, and do everything else you missed because you were dating.

After a while, you'll start dating another girl, and probably a couple more after that. Eventually, you'll meet one that you trust, love, etc. Then, in 15-20 years, you will be enjoying dinner at a restaurant with the beautiful Goddess of Thunder and a couple of handsome little Thunderlings and this chick that dumped you will come to your table to take your order. After telling her about your wonderful family, career and recent vacation, you will ask her how she has been doing.

keg in kc
02-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Proper response was: "She's kind of sensitive and quiet about the syphilis she got from her 1 night stands 2 years ago. That, and the thing about the uncle touching her. Well, good-bye."I see you've met my ex-wife.

(Seriously, that was like eerily close.)

As far as breaks go, if I ever dated again, which I won't, any 'break' asked for would be immediately granted, and would be permanent.

Do. Not. Grovel. You're better than that. Even if you're not.

Do not pine. Let her go and move on.

SPchief
02-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Grudge fuck her best friend.

Rain Man
02-08-2012, 12:22 PM

There you go, right there. Nearly every woman will eventually look like their mother, so it appears that you just dodged a 30-year time bomb.

Dave Lane
02-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Spoken like a boss. I may have to post this on my facebook wall..

You have to look at life as a series of "chapters". Once you've read one chapter, you turn the page in order to discover what happens next. Make a ton of changes in your life. Work out. Feed your head. Tell the past to go screw itself and look forward to the future with anticipation and enthusiasm.

FAX

Rain Man
02-08-2012, 12:23 PM
You will have your revenge, it just won't be right now.

Right now you need to go hang out with your friends, have a good time, shoot pool, go to the gun/outdoor sports/electronics show, spend saturday afternoon hungover watching the John Wayne movie marathon, hit the gym, and do everything else you missed because you were dating.

After a while, you'll start dating another girl, and probably a couple more after that. Eventually, you'll meet one that you trust, love, etc. Then, in 15-20 years, you will be enjoying dinner at a restaurant with the beautiful Goddess of Thunder and a couple of handsome little Thunderlings and this chick that dumped you will come to your table to take your order. After telling her about your wonderful family, career and recent vacation, you will ask her how she has been doing.

Best feeling ever. I know it sounds petty, but it's the best feeling ever.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Sometimes it's good just to take a break.

Dartgod
02-08-2012, 12:28 PM
WE WERE ON A BREAK!!!

Rain Man
02-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Just hope its not Jeffrey Dahmer

Everyone picks up a Dahmer once in a while. The key with those people is to drive off quickly when they're in the bathroom during a gas stop.

Rain Man
02-08-2012, 12:32 PM

FAX

That's something I need to get better at. I really like the fresh breath of starting over, but unfortunately I have a photographic memory of the past, it seems.

LiveSteam
02-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Watch Jill Kelly vids & all will be fine

Pasta Little Brioni
02-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Fake chow her to get her back.

Demonpenz
02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
so are you going to blog on here and man up and move on or are you going to text or email her (cause you lie to yourself, that's not REALLY CONTACTING HER) hehe.

BigCatDaddy
02-08-2012, 12:41 PM
This is why you always make a sex tape or at least get some good snap shots. That way when this shit happens you can send them to her mom, grandma, and any other guy she starts dating.

Dartgod
02-08-2012, 12:44 PM
This is why you always make a sex tape or at least get some good snap shots. That way when this shit happens you can post them on ChiefsPlanet.
FYP

FAX

Well, if that's the case, count your blessings.

The odds are pretty good that she'll look a lot like her mom in 20 years. Fill your brainpan with that and fry it up.

FAX

Valiant
Should of told her mother that you want your things back unbroken, since you gave her hers back..

bevischief
02-08-2012, 12:45 PM
This is why you always make a sex tape or at least get some good snap shots. That way when this shit happens you can send them to her mom, grandma, and any other guy she starts dating.

That is not a good idea. I sat on Federal jury trial that a boyfriend did this. It did not end up well for him. No jail time but it cost him a lot of cash.

BigCatDaddy
02-08-2012, 12:46 PM
That is not a good idea. I sat on Federal jury trial that a boyfriend did this. It did not end up well for him. No jail time but it cost him a lot of cash.

Did he post it online or just mail them out?

I would think there are ways he could have just accidently left a copy here or there :)

trndobrd
02-08-2012, 12:51 PM

That sounds a lot better than sitting in a jury trial for some oil lease contract dispute. How long did it take the jury to 'carefully review the evidence?"

qabbaan
02-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Does anyone believe this is the first "date" she has been on?

God of Thunder
02-08-2012, 12:59 PM
so are you going to blog on here and man up and move on or are you going to text or email her (cause you lie to yourself, that's not REALLY CONTACTING HER) hehe.

Ain't no way in hell I will contact her......actually that's not true, if I decide I need my clothes at her house, and she doesn't ever speak to me again (not sure of the chances), then I MAY text her asking to give me my stuff back so I can move on...........not sure.

cookster50
02-08-2012, 01:03 PM

Dude, you were her sloppy seconds. Yuck!

God of Thunder
02-08-2012, 01:04 PM
I also want to add, that all this shit happened Sunday night, and Monday morning, she sent this text.......

"I honestly care about you but not in the way you want. I just don't feel out connection anymore and haven't for awhile. I'm sorry I haven't been honest. You deserve better. Try to have fun this week and in Florida."

KCUnited
02-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Wait for ol boy to knock her up and then MTG#10 dat ass!

Rain Man
02-08-2012, 01:09 PM
I also want to add, that all this shit happened Sunday night, and Monday morning, she sent this text.......

"I honestly care about you but not in the way you want. I just don't feel out connection anymore and haven't for awhile. I'm sorry I haven't been honest. You deserve better. Try to have fun this week and in Florida."

Say goodbye, Gracie.

Move on to the next chapter. You're done here, and as others have mentioned, be glad that it's happening without a bunch of lawyers. (No offense to the lawyers around here.)

God of Thunder
02-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Say goodbye, Gracie.

Move on to the next chapter. You're done here, and as others have mentioned, be glad that it's happening without a bunch of lawyers. (No offense to the lawyers around here.)

So i'll never hear from her again?

YourMult
02-08-2012, 01:12 PM
She's a skank, and you chose poorly. Find another one of the 3.5 billion women on Earth to date. At least none of them have used your sheets to wipe off another man's jizz.

Crush
02-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Ain't no way in hell I will contact her......actually that's not true, if I decide I need my clothes at her house, and she doesn't ever speak to me again (not sure of the chances), then I MAY text her asking to give me my stuff back so I can move on...........not sure.

Unless she has your three wolf shirt, I wouldn't bother getting your clothes back.

Graystoke
They are all Bitches...except our Mom's.

ghak99
You've already missed several opportunities to exit the situation with the cards falling in your favor, and might have screwed up your opportunity to get the revenge fuck you desire. If you've been allowing yourself to get played all along you're screwed and might as well start licking your wounds and forgetting about her. If you've kept cool through this and have any kind of an upper hand.. DO NOT initiate contact with her in any way. Go silent, disappear, move on, work out, play cards, do whatever it is you do. If for some dumb ass reason you have contact with her mom again, leave the conversation with a subtle compliment to her daughter from a straight face... It'll get back to her.

We all know a cute "girl next door", so scoop her up and make a couple public appearances with her while remaining single. Break out the black book and work over a few of the good ones who know how to keep their mouth shut so you're not tempted to nut youself by getting drunk and calling your ex in the middle of the night. Give her enough time to cycle through the current loser, gain 10 pounds, and crash and burn. When your phone blows up a week, a month, or a year from now show no emotion but hit the buttons and pull the strings that'll land her on her knees. LEAVE ALL YOUR EMOTIONS OUT OF IT... from here on out its a business transaction, she just doesn't know it yet. Buy the dinner, the drinks, & go through the motions... wrap the night up with trying to put her head through the head board, PuttingIIHB, and painting her face. Leave absolutely nothing behind when you leave in the middle of the night. Play it out right and it'll happen more than once.

If you don't have the experience to make this play out right, learn from it and put the knowledge gained into play on the next one.

Rain Man
So i'll never hear from her again?

Hopefully not.

And that's no offense to you or to her, but you're done with her. She's made that pretty clear. The ideal solution is the one mentioned earlier where you bump into her 20 years from now when you're happy and affluent and have a two-vaginaed wife with K-cup breasts, and when she asks how you're doing you say, "Couldn't be better!"

But yeah, a clean break is good in this type of situation. We've all been there.

Rain Man
02-08-2012, 01:19 PM
If I ever need someone to help clean up a murder scene, I'm thinking that ghak99 is my guy. He's got this stuff down.

vailpass
02-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Does the "Asking For Personal Advice on Chiefs Planet" rule work?

Rain Man
02-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Does the "Asking For Personal Advice on Chiefs Planet" rule work?

Only if people take it.

How are you coming along on my advice to convert to a Chiefs fan?

vailpass
02-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Only if people take it.

How are you coming along on my advice to convert to a Chiefs fan?

I'm trying man but it's hard to change. It seems like one Bronco is too many and a thousand aren't enough.

oldman
02-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Lots of good advice here, especially the ones that tell you to leave it alone. I'll repeat one thing that was said. It's best you find out now instead of after there was a ring and kids involved.
I will tell you that romance with an ex rarely works. There's too many hurt feelings and unanswered questions to bury. Since she's been lying to you over the last few months, would you ever be able to trust her again? If you do do the horizontal bop again, how do you know she isn't cheating on another guy?
Let her go and be glad you have your freedom. There's a good woman out there just waiting for you. Forget the liar and move on.

Predarat
02-08-2012, 01:39 PM
You should have really posted a pic, and still should.

God of Thunder
02-08-2012, 01:47 PM
You should have really posted a pic, and still should.

I have before!

KCHawg
02-08-2012, 01:57 PM
I have before!

Link?

vailpass
02-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Just sit in your car outside of where she works. When she leaves work follow her home and everywhere else she goes; staring out your window at her at all times.
This will show her how much you care, and that if you can't have her no one can.
Girls like that.

bevischief
02-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Did he post it online or just mail them out?

I would think there are ways he could have just accidently left a copy here or there :)

He emailed pics to his girlfriend's mom, her boss and a few other co-workers at her work, a few friends and her as well. Rather graphic pics.

bevischief
02-08-2012, 01:59 PM
That sounds a lot better than sitting in a jury trial for some oil lease contract dispute. How long did it take the jury to 'carefully review the evidence?"

Lasted a week.

God of Thunder
02-08-2012, 01:59 PM
He emailed pics to his girlfriend's mom, her boss and a few other co-workers at her work, a few friends and her as well. Rather graphic pics.

I have pics like that, but they're NOT getting posted......they're not that graphic though.

BigCatDaddy
02-08-2012, 02:00 PM

The work thing was too much. He should have just stuck with the family and future BF>

SPchief
02-08-2012, 02:03 PM
I have pics like that, but they're NOT getting posted......they're not that graphic though.

I may have to ban you if you don't post the pics

bevischief
02-08-2012, 02:05 PM
The work thing was too much. He should have just stuck with the family and future BF>

We would have nailed him harder but the lawyers for both sides left a lot to be desired for evidence for their sides case.

Skyy God
02-08-2012, 02:09 PM

Did she cheat on him? I doubt it matters legally, but it's probably a mitigating factor for the jury.

Skyy God
02-08-2012, 02:10 PM
I have before!

Seriously, how will we know whether a grudge-3some is worth it without pics?

Imon Yourside
02-08-2012, 02:10 PM
The no contact rule didn't work last nite, you can ask my wife if you don't believe me.

Mr. Laz
02-08-2012, 02:11 PM
i find it ONLY WORKS if you really mean it.

The problem is that you can't really mean it if it's a ploy.

it's similar to the problem about finding a girl when you NEED a girl.

It's always easier to get a chick when you already have one because you truly act different.

You have to really move on ... REALLY,REALLY move on, or it's just fake and it won't work.

Skyy God
02-08-2012, 02:20 PM
As always, Swingers has sage advice on the topic.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tu-QjTNtDz8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bevischief
02-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Did she cheat on him? I doubt it matters legally, but it's probably a mitigating factor for the jury.

She was just divorced and wanted to have some fun (the kind you see in porn films), he wanted to get married she didn't and cut him off. So he sent the pics. He spent some money on her flying back and forth from KC area to out to California and a few resorts.

Skyy God
02-08-2012, 02:27 PM
She was just divorced and wanted to have some fun (the kind you see in porn films), he wanted to get married she didn't and cut him off. So he sent the pics. He spent some money on her flying back and forth from KC area to out to California and a few resorts.

Interesting. They also charge him with violating the Mann Act?

tooge
02-08-2012, 03:32 PM

Oooouuuuch! Let me translate for you. "I needed a guy when I was lonely to hang out with. You were there and it was, well, Ok. Then, I realized a really wanted a guy I could have lots of fun with and have sex like crazy. You weren't that guy. You wanted to be, but I found some other guys that were more fun to let treat me like a $40 fuck doll. Soooo, even tho you want to be that guy, I'm gonna let you off easy and just tell you that I needed a break and go back to getting pummeled by other guys"

KCUnited
02-08-2012, 03:37 PM
I know it hurts now, but the reality is that a year from now this chick will simply be fap memory material while your new girl is upstairs getting ready.

Imon Yourside
02-08-2012, 03:42 PM

I apologize for not taking this thread seriously, but this is the best advice you could take. You might take the low road and give her an earful but it would be better to not have ANY contact at all with her and let it go.

trndobrd
02-08-2012, 03:49 PM
i find it ONLY WORKS if you really mean it.

The problem is that you can't really mean it if it's a ploy.

it's similar to the problem about finding a girl when you NEED a girl.

It's always easier to get a chick when you already have one because you truly act different.

You have to really move on ... REALLY,REALLY move on, or it's just fake and it won't work.

The "No Contact" rule also works when imposed by a judge. A common result when the self-imposed "No Contact" rule is ignored.

Bump
02-08-2012, 03:58 PM
nope, just call a cab and move on

Pasta Little Brioni
02-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Thank your lucky stars you didn't get an STD and walk away.

Phobia
02-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Just be glad the gal told you and move on. Lots of sluts don't even tell you until they're caught in bed with your best friend and then you're scarred and turn gay. That's how it happens.

HMc
02-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Oooouuuuch! Let me translate for you. "I needed a guy when I was lonely to hang out with. You were there and it was, well, Ok. Then, I realized a really wanted a guy I could have lots of fun with and have sex like crazy. You weren't that guy. You wanted to be, but I found some other guys that were more fun to let treat me like a $40 **** doll. Soooo, even tho you want to be that guy, I'm gonna let you off easy and just tell you that I needed a break and go back to getting pummeled by other guys"

Huh?

I think she's being pretty reasonable. It sounds like he's pushed her away with borderline stalkerish behaviour.

Tip: Girls don't like obsessive boys. At least not the ones worth having.

Mr. Laz
02-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Huh?

I think she's being pretty reasonable. It sounds like he's pushed her away with borderline stalkerish behaviour.

Tip: Girls don't like obsessive boys. At least not the ones worth having.

it's true, the girl has got to need you before you let her see/know that you need her.

This is like rule #1 for dating

NEVER,EVER be needy until after you have her hooked ... EVER!!!

cabletech94
02-08-2012, 08:14 PM
are any of her friends hot?

or maybe double or triple Ds?

just thinking out loud.

cut bait brother, have fun in florida. wrap it before you tap it.

God of Thunder
02-08-2012, 08:49 PM
it's true, the girl has got to need you before you let her see/know that you need her.

This is like rule #1 for dating

NEVER,EVER be needy until after you have her hooked ... EVER!!!

You'd think after ONE AND A HALF YEARS i'd have her hooked........and like I said, I didn't keep tabs on her, until I caught her first lie.

Mr. Laz
02-08-2012, 09:29 PM
You'd think after ONE AND A HALF YEARS i'd have her hooked........and like I said, I didn't keep tabs on her, until I caught her first lie.
sucks man, sorry.

ghak99
02-08-2012, 09:34 PM

A week, a month, a year, a decade... It doesn't matter. You're dealing with an emotionally unstable species that's incapable of looking in the mirror and seeing reality. The sooner you figure out ~90% of women are bat shit crazy time bombs just waiting for a reason to come out of the closet, the sooner you'll be ahead of the game.

Find the cycles, hedge your bets, & ride the good waves till they quit.

Hammock Parties
02-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Ignoring girls is a surefire way to get them to chase you.

I once deleted some annoying bitch from facebook...a couple weeks later she gets on IM and says "hey, why did you delete me?"

I had deleted her from my IM list and had no idea who she was and told her so. Boy did that piss her off. I had shattered her little world where every guy she meets gives her oodles and oodles of attention for no reason...AND SHE COULDN'T HANDLE IT!

rtmike
02-08-2012, 10:36 PM
She wanted the break to keep you on a leash in case things don't work out the way she wants.

I've been there. With a couple chicks the one thing they couldn't stand to see was me with someone else. They didn't want me but they didn't want anyone else to have me either.

If she really cares, she'd be calling the next day after seeing you with someone. At that time you can make your next move.

Good luck. It's prolly an effed up time in your life right now but time heals all wounds.

As my Mom always told me, "Keep your chin up!".

burt
02-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Ignoring girls is a surefire way to get them to chase you.

I once deleted some annoying bitch from facebook...a couple weeks later she gets on IM and says "hey, why did you delete me?"

I had deleted her from my IM list and had no idea who she was and told her so. Boy did that piss her off. I had shattered her little world where every guy she meets gives her oodles and oodles of attention for no reason...AND SHE COULDN'T HANDLE IT!

Then you woke up. The end.

KcMizzou
02-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Just move on and don't look back.

hometeam
02-08-2012, 11:23 PM
If your set on breaking up, the no contact is the only way to go.

God of Thunder
02-09-2012, 07:37 AM
Small update. She has some stuff at her house that I had forgotten about. Things like some work shirts, dress shoes, etc. Well, I leave for Florida on Monday for a business trip, and need these items. If I could have gotten by without them, i'd have said '**** it', but I needed them (especially the work shirts since they're embroidered with our logo). So I contacted her with a short message, and here's how that conversation went.

ME - Put my things in a bag, and I will make arrangements with your mom to pick them up after work tomorrow or Friday.

HER - I was going to wash them and have them ready when u got back from Florida

ME - No need. Put them in a bag and I will get it tomorrow.

HER - I don't know if i'll have it ready for tomorrow.

ME - Friday at the latest.

And that was the end of the conversation.

Chiefnj2
02-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Hire a hot escort for an hour. Drive with the escort to her house. Let the escort ring the bell and pick up your belongings. Tell the escort the only thing she's allowed to say is "God of Thunder says he'll give you a call in 3 weeks. He has a business trip next week and then we are going to the Caribbean for 2 weeks for an all exclusive vacation he just won." Get a hummer on the ride home. Don't ever call.

stonedstooge
02-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Small update. She has some stuff at her house that I had forgotten about. Things like some work shirts, dress shoes, etc. Well, I leave for Florida on Monday for a business trip, and need these items. If I could have gotten by without them, i'd have said '**** it', but I needed them (especially the work shirts since they're embroidered with our logo). So I contacted her with a short message, and here's how that conversation went.

ME - Put my things in a bag, and I will make arrangements with your mom to pick them up after work tomorrow or Friday.

HER - I was going to wash them and have them ready when u got back from Florida

ME - No need. Put them in a bag and I will get it tomorrow.

HER - I don't know if i'll have it ready for tomorrow.

ME - Friday at the latest.

And that was the end of the conversation.

Her new Beau is wearing your shit man. He must be a real class act. Let her go

God of Thunder
02-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Her new Beau is wearing your shit man. He must be a real class act. Let her go

He's not wearing my shit......when I dropped her shit off, I saw my stuff spread out all over her floor with a million other dirty clothes. I just wasn't going to go digging through her room looking for it all.

tooge
02-09-2012, 08:56 AM
you MUST show up to pick your shit up with some hottie. I don't care if you have to pay someone to go with you, it is worth it. Even though she is letting another guy rub his balls in her face, it will still drive her batshit to know you have replaced her so fast.

BigCatDaddy
02-09-2012, 09:01 AM
you MUST show up to pick your shit up with some hottie. I don't care if you have to pay someone to go with you, it is worth it. Even though she is letting another guy rub his balls in her face, it will still drive her batshit to know you have replaced her so fast.

I agree with this.

Frazod
02-09-2012, 09:12 AM
The last really contentious split I had involved a woman I had an apartment with. She was in the process of moving out when I stopped by to grab some clothes (I was staying the hell away from her during the process). She wasn't there, but had started breaking down the waterbed, which was hers. It was nearly completely drained, and so I poked several holes in the bottom of the mattress with a fork. Just a little something for her to remember by.

Never heard anything about it, but I'm sure that ended up being a nice watery disaster for her. Bitch. :evil:

Mr. Flopnuts
02-09-2012, 10:24 AM

I agree with this.

FUCK no. Waaaaaaay too obvious. You'll just look like a tool.

Imon Yourside
02-09-2012, 10:42 AM
**** no. Waaaaaaay too obvious. You'll just look like a tool.

Show up like Switzer, One girl under each arm.

God of Thunder
02-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Now, to update, she sent a text this morning........

"Your stuff is all in a bag on the couch and if you really want the necklace back it's on the shelf. I know you don't believe me but I did care about you and im sorry I was a horrible gf. Have a good time in Florida and good luck with everything u do."

The necklace is one of those 'open heart' necklaces that I gave her for Christmas.....I guess she's assuming I might want it back. Not sure if i'll pick it up or not. I don't really want to look at it, and I CAN sell it, but I would never give it to another girl, so maybe it's best for her to hang on to it. Thoughts?

cdcox
02-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

bevischief
02-10-2012, 11:49 AM
It was a gift leave it. Better to live the memory of it with her.

vailpass
02-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Now, to update, she sent a text this morning........

"Your stuff is all in a bag on the couch and if you really want the necklace back it's on the shelf. I know you don't believe me but I did care about you and im sorry I was a horrible gf. Have a good time in Florida and good luck with everything u do."

The necklace is one of those 'open heart' necklaces that I gave her for Christmas.....I guess she's assuming I might want it back. Not sure if i'll pick it up or not. I don't really want to look at it, and I CAN sell it, but I would never give it to another girl, so maybe it's best for her to hang on to it. Thoughts?

"Don't really want to look at it"?
Man the **** up. Grab that necklace, hit happy hour then go to your favorite gentleman's club where the dancer who pleases you most will find herself wearing a new open heart necklace.

Chiefnj2
02-10-2012, 01:07 PM

Have you checked the price of gold lately?