PDA

View Full Version : Life Awesome.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-09-2012, 12:22 PM
I thought this was pretty neat.

Sorry I don't know how to embed the video...

http://www.allproudamericans.com/No-Laughing-at-the-Tomb-of-the-Unknown-Soldier.html

gblowfish
02-09-2012, 12:24 PM
I've been there. It's awesome.

listopencil
02-09-2012, 12:34 PM
q

mikeyis4dcats.
02-09-2012, 12:36 PM
I was honored in the 8th grade to be allowed to participate by laying the wreath that day. It was a humbling experience.

Demonpenz
02-09-2012, 12:36 PM
OH IT'S THAT KIND OF PARTY!!!!!

"i'm SEXY AND I KNOW IT"

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 12:50 PM
That makes me want to go there and laugh. Adds to the experience.

Dayze
02-09-2012, 12:53 PM

I like your posts, vids, .gifs etc...but I'm pretty sure your balls would crawl up inside you once you got there and 'thought' about doing it.

LMAO

Simplicity
02-09-2012, 12:54 PM
What does he say, "This isn't a question?" Or am I hearing wrong?

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 12:55 PM
I like your posts, vids, .gifs etc...but I'm pretty sure your balls would crawl up inside you once you got there and 'thought' about doing it.

LMAO

Not at all. The fact the soldier would entertain us all with his little speaking role would be too much to resist. It's like putting a quarter in a talking robot.

Discuss Thrower
02-09-2012, 12:55 PM
I know the line sounds fairly rehearsed, but is there any chance that the Army doesn't actually have a policy about telling the guards to say such a thing and the guy came up with that on his own?

In that case props to the guy for being able to do so without stumbling over his words or getting enraged.

gblowfish
02-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Not at all. The fact the soldier would entertain us all with his little speaking role would be too much to resist. It's like putting a quarter in a talking robot.

Dude, Arlington National Cemetery is considered hallowed ground by the military. It's serious as a heart attack in there, and deservedly so.

You don't fuck around with those guys. They won't stand for it.

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 01:00 PM
You don't fuck around with those guys. They won't stand for it.

I know, definitely adds to the attraction of the place! I want to hear a soldier popping off at the mouth in person!

Dayze
02-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Dude, Arlington National Cemetery is considered hallowed ground by the military. It's serious as a heart attack in there, and deservedly so.

You don't **** around with those guys. They won't stand for it.

no to mention the fact that in all likelihood there are probably veterans in attendance.

But, I think Clay is trolling on this one. ....at least I 'hope' he is.:(

Dartgod
02-09-2012, 01:02 PM
I know, definitely adds to the attraction of the place! I want to hear a soldier popping off at the mouth in person!

I hope you do go there and laugh and get a bayonet shoved up your ass.

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 01:02 PM
I hope you do go there and laugh and get a bayonet shoved up your ass.

That would never happen, this is America.

Fairplay
02-09-2012, 01:03 PM
You can't be too hard on the tourists, they are following the lead of the disrespect shown by the Commander-in-Chief when he smirks at the National Anthem, refusing to put his hand on his heart, flying around the world apologizing for the United States of America.

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 01:04 PM
But, I think Clay is trolling on this one. ....at least I 'hope' he is.:(

Actually I'm making a legit point. He's just encouraging people to laugh by going all "I'M HARDCORE SOLDIER DUDE" with his little spiel.

blaise
02-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Actually I'm making a legit point. He's just encouraging people to laugh by going all "I'M HARDCORE SOLDIER DUDE" with his little spiel.

Yeah, I don't think so. I don't think most people are big enough assholes to be encouraged to laugh by that.

LiveSteam
02-09-2012, 01:06 PM

You are in much need of a good old behind the woodshed ASS KICKING!

FAX
02-09-2012, 01:20 PM
I've been there twice. I teared up both times.

It's a very powerful experience. If, that is, you have a soul.

FAX

Dayze
02-09-2012, 01:21 PM
:eek:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ose5Z3LajhE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Discuss Thrower
02-09-2012, 01:23 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/woySeSNBL3o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WV
02-09-2012, 01:23 PM

The only point your making is that you are a royal asshat. Unless you have experienced it or perhaps lost a loved one that is interred in Arlington I would think this is an area you could STFU about.

crazycoffey
02-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Clay on ignore = nice
everyone quoting his ignorance = not so nice
He probably really thinks he could do it,
He'd be surprised how well it goes over with the majority there.
not so well at all....

Fish
02-09-2012, 01:25 PM
What does he say, "This isn't a question?" Or am I hearing wrong?

You're hearing it wrong. He's saying "It is requested."

FAX
02-09-2012, 01:26 PM
So much sacrifice over the years. The maximum sacrifice.

So many families left without brothers, fathers, sons ...

It really isn't anything to joke about.

FAX

blaise
02-09-2012, 01:27 PM
So much sacrifice over the years. The maximum sacrifice.

So many families left without brothers, fathers, sons ...

It really isn't anything to joke about.

FAX

I've seen it maybe 10-12 times. It's the most can't-miss thing to see when you visit DC, in my opinion. It would be my #1 thing to see if I visited.

LiveSteam
02-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Actually I'm making a legit point. I have zero morals, I was raised by my mom. a $10.00 trick street walker & I was fathered by a transvestite .
:rolleyes:

redfan
02-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Had a cuz in the Old Guard. Just nuts how much time they spend polishing/shining/pressing. He wasn't even a Tomb guard.

Demonpenz
02-09-2012, 01:30 PM

yeah yeah yeah.mp3

frankotank
02-09-2012, 01:34 PM
my daughter got to lay the wreath at the tomb of the unknown soldier one day. it was very cool. it's not a laughing matter. my families blood has been shed for freedom. my own father says he fought for people to be free....even including asshats like some in this forum to badmouth and talk smack and maybe even burn a flag. he says that's what freedom is. wow. what a man.
I say fuck you bitch! but that's just me.

ghak99
02-09-2012, 01:52 PM
It's been several years sense I visited Arlington and witnessed the events at the tomb... I sincerely hope the atmosphere surrounding the area/event hasn't been degraded by todays society to a point where this is a common occurrence.

Fish
02-09-2012, 02:04 PM
I have all the respect in the world for our soldiers. But I think it's a little silly to create a tourist attraction, and expect all the various tourists to abide by a military level of discipline and respect. People certainly should be respectful. But you can't just apply military conduct to the general public and expect pleasant results. Getting all huffy when some idiot teenager isn't acting the way the guard would prefer isn't going to get the desired results.

blaise
02-09-2012, 02:06 PM
I have all the respect in the world for our soldiers. But I think it's a little silly to create a tourist attraction, and expect all the various tourists to abide by a military level of discipline and respect. People certainly should be respectful. But you can't just apply military conduct to the general public and expect pleasant results. Getting all huffy when some idiot teenager isn't acting the way the guard would prefer isn't going to get the desired results.

I don't really think asking people not to be morons is too much. People manage to sit quietly through a movie.
And it did sound like it got the desired result. They shut up, didn't they?

vailpass
02-09-2012, 02:11 PM

You don't **** around with those guys. They won't stand for it.

Don't feed the attention whore.

crazycoffey
02-09-2012, 02:13 PM
I don't really think asking people not to be morons is too much. People manage to sit quietly through a movie.
And it did sound like it got the desired result. They shut up, didn't they?

exactly, you can come to CP to be an idiot, don't be one there.

or in a movie.

patteeu
02-09-2012, 02:28 PM

FWIW, they tell the audience to be silent and show respect before the ceremony starts so it's not like they're expecting spontaneous reverence.

King_Chief_Fan
02-09-2012, 02:34 PM

go ahead....we dare you

vailpass
02-09-2012, 02:36 PM
go ahead....we dare you

When a little kid is screaming "look at me, look at me" the worst thing you can do is to look. If you do he'll never quit doing it.
Know what I mean?

WV
02-09-2012, 02:37 PM
It's been several years sense I visited Arlington and witnessed the events at the tomb... I sincerely hope the atmosphere surrounding the area/event hasn't been degraded by todays society to a point where this is a common occurrence.

I was just there in June 2011 and I can assure you it is still respected. People like Claython would be thrown out on his pathetic ear if he tried anything remotely stupid there.

Brock
02-09-2012, 02:39 PM

Yeah, you're edgy and cool.

Fish
02-09-2012, 02:40 PM
FWIW, they tell the audience to be silent and show respect before the ceremony starts so it's not like they're expecting spontaneous reverence.

I didn't know that. I retract my statement.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-09-2012, 04:41 PM

It's not a tourist attraction. It is a cemetary.

blaise
02-09-2012, 04:45 PM
If anyone didn't know- they built Arlington around Robert E Lee's house, so that he could never go back home, basically. He'd see thousands of graves. His mansion still stands on the grounds.

saphojunkie
02-09-2012, 04:48 PM
That would never happen, this is America.

You're an infant.

saphojunkie
02-09-2012, 04:48 PM
You can't be too hard on the tourists, they are following the lead of the disrespect shown by the Commander-in-Chief when he smirks at the National Anthem, refusing to put his hand on his heart, flying around the world apologizing for the United States of America.

Oh so, YOU'RE the moron who posted that comment. Nice to know. Way to show your ignorance, Randy James.

FAX
02-09-2012, 05:05 PM
It's not a tourist attraction. It is a cemetary.

Exactly so. It's open to the public so people can pay their respects. It isn't the Dead Soldiers Ride at Disney World.

That place is hard. Especially if you've lost family in the military.

So much pain there. So much pain.

FAX

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 05:10 PM
You're an infant.

I'm not the one crying about this. ROFL

FAX
02-09-2012, 05:35 PM
I would love to introduce Mr. GoChiefs to some guys I know who specialized in Recon-by-fire.

That would generate a few ROFL s.

FAX

vailpass
02-09-2012, 06:08 PM
I would love to introduce Mr. GoChiefs to some guys I know who specialized in Recon-by-fire.

That would generate a few ROFL s.

FAX

Not worth your time to even acknowledge the pathetic cries for attention from him.
I have an Uncle who served in the Korean war and a Grandfather who served in WWII interred at Arlington and Draven's comments don't bother me one bit. There isn't enough content in what he says to be offensive.
The majesty, the gravity of that place is way beyond anything some interweb punk could say.