PDA

View Full Version : Life Which one of you owned your daughter?

Pages : [1] 2

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 05:54 PM
ROFL :hail: Redneck discipline!

Wait for the awesome ending and don't spoil it.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kl1ujzRidmU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.facebook.com/tommyjordaniii/posts/299559803434210

Fansy the Famous Bard
02-09-2012, 06:05 PM
He was much calmer than I ever would have been.

ModSocks
02-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Was not worth waiting 8 minutes for, sorry.

KCrockaholic
02-09-2012, 06:08 PM
He reminds me of a calmer version of my dad...But watching that makes me never want to have kids.

Fritz88
02-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Probably lost her for life. I doubt if she will ever forgive him.

Your daughter is supposed to be a pain in the butt. She's a teenager you dumbass.

Shaid
02-09-2012, 06:09 PM
I honestly didn't think it was all that bad. I'd have sold the laptop though.

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Was not worth waiting 8 minutes for, sorry.

LMAO

It's fucking awesome, I'm sure the Chiefsplanet old fart crew will appreciate it.

KCrockaholic
02-09-2012, 06:12 PM

Your daughter is supposed to be a pain in the butt. She's a teenager you dumbass.

Yeah I agree with this to an extent.

This guy surely doesn't want to ruin her and make her hate him forever. If he does something drastic it would damage their relationship for many years, even once shes into her 20's. I understand his frustration, but like you said, shes 15, that is the EXACT age when kids start to become adults and things change, and they'll say things out of frustration as well.

But she probably is a spoiled little brat. So yeah she needs to be disciplined. Just don't over do it IMO.

Fansy the Famous Bard
02-09-2012, 06:12 PM
LMAO

It's ****ing awesome, I'm sure the Chiefsplanet old fart crew will appreciate it.

Young bucks are disappointed there was no special effects.

No ninja's flying in from the side cutting off chicken heads with their eyes closed in slow motion, while copping a feel on a naked 38DD breast.

WV
02-09-2012, 06:19 PM
:)

Shaid
02-09-2012, 06:20 PM
It could have gone like this.

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhBtdQvDJLQy55M05q"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhBtdQvDJLQy55M05q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

FAX
02-09-2012, 06:26 PM

I guess that's the chance you have to take.

Apparently, this showdown has been building for some time. Cowboy Joe seems to think raising kids is a lot like moseying dogies ... which, as I think on it, it probably is. His concern right now should be winding up with a grandson wearing a dog-collar.

Still, legion are the chillin's who could use a boot up the patoot. All in all, I give him 4 stars.

FAX

Bwana
02-09-2012, 06:36 PM
LMAO Nice

go bo
02-09-2012, 06:36 PM
LMAO

It's fucking awesome, I'm sure the Chiefsplanet old fart crew will appreciate it.

who you callin' an old fart? :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Discuss Thrower
02-09-2012, 06:45 PM
I winced at the "you'll get a camera, by the time you're ungrounded which will probably be college" then I did it again when he pulled the camera off his perch and went Jack Bauer on the laptop.

The Franchise
02-09-2012, 06:46 PM

And exactly how was he supposed to handle it?

Fritz88
02-09-2012, 06:48 PM

Not take it publicly and make his daughter the joke of her school?

The Franchise
02-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Not take it publicly and make his daughter the joke of her school?

He did that once already.

LiveSteam
02-09-2012, 06:49 PM

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhBtdQvDJLQy55M05q"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhBtdQvDJLQy55M05q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

This is my all time favorite

mnchiefsguy
02-09-2012, 06:54 PM

Destroying her laptop with a .45 caliber pistol is not necessarily demonstrating the kind of maturity he is in fact expecting from her. Praise in public, punish in private.

Discuss Thrower
02-09-2012, 06:56 PM

Oh, so you saw a picture of her face?

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Destroying her laptop with a .45 caliber pistol is not necessarily demonstrating the kind of maturity he is in fact expecting from her. Praise in public, punish in private.

I bet she never talks shit about her parents ever again, and I bet it motivates her to go out and get a fucking job.

Fritz88
02-09-2012, 06:59 PM

There are countless other ways to punish your kids. What he did is not one of them.

There's one thing about the kids of this generation. They are mean and unforgiving. Because of what he did, she will be the joke of her town. And now, thanks to him, she's been seen by millions and this will live forever in the archives of the interwebs.

KCrockaholic
I bet she never talks shit about her parents ever again, and I bet it motivates her to go out and get a ****ing job.

He better hope shes wired that way. Cause it could also easily do the opposite.

The Franchise
Oh, so you saw a picture of her face?

He talked about it in the video. She had done this before and he took the laptop/phone away from her as punishment. She came back and did the same shit after he told her that the punishment would be WAY worse the next time. She got what she deserved.

And last time I checked.....I'm pretty sure HE bought that laptop.....therefore he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it.

The Franchise
02-09-2012, 07:00 PM
There are countless other ways to punish your kids. What he did is not one of them.

There's one thing about the kids of this generation. They are mean and unforgiving. Because of what he did, she will be the joke of her town. And now, thanks to him, she's been seen by millions and this will live forever in the archives of the interwebs.

She started the chain of events.....not him.

Marcellus
02-09-2012, 07:03 PM

If this destroys her she was weak anyway. People will laugh for a while then get over it. It's not like there was any ground breaking earth shattering issues here other than an ungrateful child and a semi crazy father.

What are you going to say to her to really harrass her? Your dad is an asshole?

big nasty kcnut
02-09-2012, 07:08 PM
That nothing 2nd cousin didn't like his kids watching tv so he took the tv out back and shot it. I like to call it the frazodcution.

kcxiv
02-09-2012, 07:08 PM
lol.i see nothing wrong with what he did. She tried to embarrass him, he said oh yeah you ungrateful shit, and did it back. Better then the ass beating i used to get for doing somethign like that. lol

Buck
02-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Bet that guy is a Saints fan.

Mr. Plow
02-09-2012, 07:37 PM
He talked about it in the video. She had done this before and he took the laptop/phone away from her as punishment. She came back and did the same shit after he told her that the punishment would be WAY worse the next time. She got what she deserved.

And last time I checked.....I'm pretty sure HE bought that laptop.....therefore he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it.

From the sounds of the video, she was punished for a similar event on facebook and warned that if she did it again, this would happen. Lesson learned for her, I'm sure.

FAX
02-09-2012, 07:54 PM
One concerning aspect of this deal is that Cowboy Joe's tirade is rife with double standards. For example, he criticizes Little Joe for cursing, yet he curses pretty much throughout. Then, there's the whole "respect your mom and your step mom" deal. I'm no expert, but that probably means that Cowboy Joe has been divorced and, since Little Joe is living with him, "mom" may not get a ton of respect from CJ.

Then again, maybe "mom" just wasn't into the spurs.

Anyhow, I have a suspicion that Little Joe has learned some of this behavior at home.

FAX

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 08:00 PM
meh, as others have stated a 15 year old girl is pretty much a fiasco-waiting-to happen, it's-all-about-me kind of a deal. I think this dad probably did more harm than good by this video but who knows, maybe in 20 years they both laugh about it?

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 08:02 PM
also, he should have should have gone with a shot gun. Just saying...

DaFace
02-09-2012, 08:05 PM

Agreed.

Gonzo
02-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Damn right...

Man, I'm glad I didn't have a daughter. The first time she got lippy I'd probably take her Barbies to the fucking skeet range.

Bwana
02-09-2012, 08:06 PM

Yep, with 00 Buckshot.

kstater
02-09-2012, 08:09 PM

Guess she should have thought about that prior to her actions.

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Yep, with 00 Buckshot.

yep, I could have had all kinds of fun if I was that dad... go big or go home. LMAO

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 08:14 PM
you gotta give the dad credit for one thing, he sure as hell probably sent little Johnnie a message. Little Johnnie is the kid who wants to bang his daughter. Probably not gonna happen now with that vid on fb...

WhiteWhale
02-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Public humiliation is self defeating.

I admit, I was amusing to me.

To his daughter... he just humiliated her for the world to see. If she's 'disrespecting' everyone, then he needs to try a different strategy than berating and humiliating her because it's obviously not working is it? It's probably making things worse.

When your kid is being an asshole, being an asshole back is usually NOT the right way to handle it. Kids turn it into an asshole competition.

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Public humiliation is self defeating.

I admit, I was amusing to me.

To his daughter... he just humiliated her for the world to see. If she's 'disrespecting' everyone, then he needs to try a different strategy than berating and humiliating her because it's obviously not working is it? It's probably making things worse.

When your kid is being an asshole, being an asshole back is usually NOT the right way to handle it. Kids turn it into an asshole competition.

I agree. Parents are supposed to be the adults and this dad kinda forgot about that aspect of being a parent. You'll never win if you become a kid yourself. IMHO, there's other issues going on that none of us are privy to. I'm betting the girl has a bad relationship with "step-mom" or there's other issues going on that the dad is ignoring.

Deberg_1990
02-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Not with watching 8 minutes, I got the point after about 1 minute. Dude needs to learn to enunciate properly.

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 08:44 PM
but sometimes you just gotta go all dirty harry on the laptop...

WhiteWhale
02-09-2012, 08:54 PM
I agree. Parents are supposed to be the adults and this dad kinda forgot about that aspect of being a parent. You'll never win if you become a kid yourself. IMHO, there's other issues going on that none of us are privy to. I'm betting the girl has a bad relationship with "step-mom" or there's other issues going on that the dad is ignoring.

I have no idea about the dynamic of the house, but a guy shooting a laptop in response to his 15 year old daughter badmouthing him doesn't give me the impression that he's a rational human being.

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2012, 09:02 PM
You <strike>run</strike> post shitty on facebook one time, you got yourself <strike>a set of chains</strike> grounded from ya Facebook page. You <strike>run</strike> post shitty on facebook twice twice you got <strike>yourself two sets</strike> your laptop shot fulla holes.

You ain't gonna need no third set, 'cause you gonna get your mind right". - (Strother Martin); Cap'n, Road Prison 36.

GordonGekko
02-09-2012, 09:09 PM
I bet she never talks shit about her parents ever again, and I bet it motivates her to go out and get a ****ing job.

Lol, she will never forgive him for this, you can tell she is not the type.

She is going to go out and get her country ass knocked up, and he will probably end up help paying for the kid, poor guy.

Lead by example, the guy needs to swallow some pride which was clearly hurt, and do this shit in a more private fashion. She learned her ways from her dad.

WhiteWhale
02-09-2012, 09:11 PM

She is going to go out and get her country ass knocked up, and he will probably end up help paying for the kid, poor guy.

Lead by example, the guy needs to swallow some pride which was clearly hurt, and do this shit in a more private fashion. She learned her ways from her dad.

You can't win an asshole competition with a fucking 15 year old.

Teenagers are the biggest assholes in the world. I remember high school. :D

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 09:18 PM
What cracks me up is he said he works in IT. What's the name of the business where he works, Redneck IT? I can see their slogan now "We fix computer problems the old fashioned way, with a cigarette and a gun."

Saul Good
02-09-2012, 09:22 PM
So this 15 year old girl bitched to her friends about her parents? Back in my day, the worst thing 15 year old girls did was get high, get drunk, drop out of school, have the football team run train on them, get pregnant, get arrested, etc. I guess it was just a simpler time.

wazu
02-09-2012, 09:22 PM

I can understand the criticisms. Maybe he's wrong for how he handled this, but my impression overall was that he is probably a decent Dad. That alone means more than any one incident.

And you really can't judge her character by this either. I remember the resentfulness that I often had at age 15, and don't even recognize that person anymore. 15 year olds are not rational.

Saul Good
02-09-2012, 09:30 PM
I can understand the criticisms. Maybe he's wrong for how he handled this, but my impression overall was that he is probably a decent Dad. That alone means more than any one incident.

And you really can't judge her character by this either. I remember the resentfulness that I often had at age 15, and don't even recognize that person anymore. 15 year olds are not rational.

In eight minutes, I learned that he moved out of his house at age fifteen, that he's divorced, and his fifteen year old daughter isnt planning in sticking around. Sounds like this guy knows more about ending relationships than he does about building them.

In58men
02-09-2012, 09:36 PM
In eight minutes, I learned that he moved out of his house at age fifteen, that he's divorced, and his fifteen year old daughter isnt planning in sticking around. Sounds like this guy knows more about ending relationships than he does about building them.

If her daughters pregnant at 15 I'm sure her mother isn't a saint herself. She was probably sluttin' around like her daughter. Ever think of that?

KC native
02-09-2012, 09:37 PM
you gotta give the dad credit for one thing, he sure as hell probably sent little Johnnie a message. Little Johnnie is the kid who wants to bang his daughter. Probably not gonna happen now with that vid on fb...

Shiiiiiiiiit, girls with asshole dads were the easiest. I used to love that shit. I viewed it as a challenge to get away with as much as possible.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Didn't think it was THAT funny.

I was expecting him to say something along the lines of, "...and when you your friends check your FB page to see where you have been, they is ganna learn that you have been shipped off to military school..." Then he proceeds to with the laptop termination.

Saul Good
02-09-2012, 09:38 PM
If her daughters pregnant at 15 I'm sure her mother isn't a saint herself. She was probably sluttin' around like her daughter. Ever think of that?

WTF?

In58men
02-09-2012, 09:39 PM
WTF?

It's probably why he's divorced.

Saul Good
02-09-2012, 09:43 PM
It's probably why he's divorced.

It's probably not because he's a fucking lunatic with an anger problem. I'm sure it's her fault. The guy couldn't even talk because he was so fucking mad about finding out his daughter complains to her friends about her parents. I'm sure her parents never complain about her.

Oh wait, they do. He said as much in the video. Congratulations on having the term baby daddies become commonplace around your house.

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Redneck IT: "We fix your computer with a .45, then you pay us."

In58men
02-09-2012, 09:49 PM
It's probably not because he's a ****ing lunatic with an anger problem. I'm sure it's her fault. The guy couldn't even talk because he was so ****ing mad about finding out his daughter complains to her friends about her parents. I'm sure her parents never complain about her.

Oh wait, they do. He said as much in the video. Congratulations on having the term baby daddies become commonplace around your house.

You're assumptions are crazy. He's a bad because he's divorced? He's a bad guy because he moved out at 15 years old. He's a bad guy because he backed up his word. I give up lol.

Throw his ass in discipline jail.

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Redneck IT: "Putting out the fire with gasoline."

Saul Good
02-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Get off your lazy ass and get a job you dumb fifteen year old who has to get up for tenth grade at 5:00 AM. How dare you complain to your friends about a father who is so mentally stable that he shoots your school computer with a .45 and posts it on the Internet.

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Redneck IT: "How to raise your daughter with a cigarette, Facebook and a Colt .45."

In58men
02-09-2012, 09:54 PM
He was basically saying her life's easy and that he went to HS, College and was a firefighter at the same time. It was an example.

Pushead2
02-09-2012, 09:56 PM

The teen in the video is dead.

http://newsone.com/nation/newsonestaff4/teen-who-was-spanked-by-uncle-for-being-in-gang-found-dead/

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Redneck IT: "Don't talk about us, or we will kill your computer."

In58men
02-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Redneck IT: "How to raise your daughter with a cigarette, Facebook and a Colt .45."

ROFL this was funny. Hahahah

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2012, 09:59 PM
So this 15 year old girl bitched to her friends about her parents? Back in my day, the worst thing 15 year old girls did was get high, get drunk, drop out of school, have the football team run train on them, get pregnant, get arrested, etc. I guess it was just a simpler time.

LMAO Nobody is talking about your family

Saul Good
02-09-2012, 09:59 PM
He was basically saying her life's easy and that he went to HS, College and was a firefighter at the same time. It was an example.

If brandishing guns while being so angry that you speak like a stroke victim is your idea of parenting, you've got issues.

Saul Good
02-09-2012, 10:01 PM
LMAO Nobody is talking about your family
Thank God I don't have sisters or daughters. I just got to reap the benefits of girls with dads like this guy.

alpha_omega
02-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Seems a little extreme to me.

That being said, it makes a quite entertaining video. 3.5 Stars.

In58men
02-09-2012, 10:10 PM
If brandishing guns while being so angry that you speak like a stroke victim is your idea of parenting, you've got issues.

He got a little tongue tied, exaggerate much? He said it was going to be a lot worse didn't he? Well there you go. Here's the "a lot" he was talking about.

She called his bluff like an idiot. Should have kept her mouth closed the first time.

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm dying for a Phobia post in this thread. He has three daughters, one divorce and worked in IT. He's also a bit rednecky. He is an expert on this situation. Weigh in, please.

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2012, 10:13 PM

Wow, I never realized just how lame you are until today. Your posts make Frankie's look epic.

Saul Good
02-09-2012, 10:15 PM
What's this dude going to do when his daughter actually does something legitimately bad?

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2012, 10:16 PM
What's this dude going to do when his daughter actually does something legitimately bad?

You mean after 18?

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 10:17 PM

I bet she straightens up after this incident.

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 10:18 PM
He got a little tongue tied, exaggerate much? He said it was going to be a lot worse didn't he? Well there you go. Here's the "a lot" he was talking about.

She called his bluff like an idiot. Should have kept her mouth closed the first time.

I think the stupid apple doesn't fall to far from the stupid parent tree. He works in IT, is on her computer and she thinks she can hide a fb post from him? How does she think he's not going to find out. Fb is a social network, that means other peeps are gonna see her fb crap. Even if Redneck IT dad didn't discover it on his own, sooner or later it would have gotten back to him.

Redneck IT: "We know how to fix your social networking problems."

Saul Good
02-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Wow, I never realized just how lame you are until today. Your posts make Frankie's look epic.

Sorry I'm lame. I still won't congratulate a dude for taking a gun to a girl's computer and airing her dirty laundry because she talked to her friends about how her parents piss her off.

KC native
02-09-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm dying for a Phobia post in this thread. He has three daughters, one divorce and worked in IT. He's also a bit rednecky. He is an expert on this situation. Weigh in, please.

ROFL I don't see how anyone could argue you don't bring anything to the board.

Saul Good
02-09-2012, 10:21 PM
I bet she straightens up after this incident.

I bet she bends over.

KCrockaholic
02-09-2012, 10:23 PM
The teen in the video is dead.

http://newsone.com/nation/newsonestaff4/teen-who-was-spanked-by-uncle-for-being-in-gang-found-dead/

Damn. Hate seeing that. Gangs are just a stupid thing to be involved with. Tis why I hate the Raiders so much. Not their fault, but the majority of their "fans" treat the football team like the logo is some kind of gang symbol.

In58men

I thought it was just me.

Hammock Parties
I bet she bends over.

I'd be interested to know if she's attractive or not. Something tells me she isn't. Fat girls are usually the bitchiest.

If she's attractive she'll probably start whoring herself out to some guy at school with money, so he can buy her shit. If she's not, she'll probably straighten up, but become a super cunty women's lib fat bitch.

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 10:26 PM
I'd be interested to know if she's attractive or not. Something tells me she isn't. Fat girls are usually the bitchiest.

If she's attractive she'll probably start whoring herself out to some guy at school with money, so he can buy her shit. If she's not, she'll probably straighten up, but become a super ****y women's lib fat bitch.

so she's fat and stupid... not a good combo.

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Redneck IT: "We fix your computer like the mafia fixes a snitch."

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Redneck IT: "We fix your computer like the mafia fixes a snitch."

YOu really want to be a part of something don't you?

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Redneck IT: "When social network goes wrong, we go bang."

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 10:34 PM
YOu really want to be a part of something don't you?

yah, the planet. Don't you?

In58men
02-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Redneck IT: "When social network goes wrong, we go bang."

Ahhhh I see what you did there. Brilliant.

ghak99
02-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Wow, I never realized just how lame you are until today. Your posts make Frankie's look epic.I thought it was just me.

After reading the dog thread and finding this clown over here too... Only one thought came to mind.

http://s18.postimage.org/bfy59lfih/Stfu_Saul_Good.jpg

FAX
02-09-2012, 11:10 PM
The authorities are going to be all over this.

The bottom line is that, if she's smart, she'll throw herself down a flight of stairs and call 911. Then, she needs to refuse to show her face in school ever again claiming mental disease having been psychologically screwed and embarrassed before the entire world. Besides, she can't do any homework on her dead computer. Cowboy Joe will never stand a chance in court.

Heck, he probably even smokes in the home which is going to cost him extra since he is, no doubt, adversely affecting his poor, innocent daughter's health through second-hand smoke.

Where's Mr. Baby Lee? I'll write the first claim pro bono.

FAX

Shogun
02-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Read his facebook. The daughter has embraced the punishment. They're fine.

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 11:12 PM
lulz

HOW SHE GOT CAUGHT: The Dog Did It.. no, really.

I finally came out and told her this today, partly because it was too funny NOT to share.

When my daughter made her post, she used Facebook's privacy settings to block "Family" and "Church" friend's lists. All her other friends could see it. We, of course could not.

One of our dogs is always getting in photos and therefore has her own Facebook page. It's just a cute dumb thing we did for fun. Well, the dog's profile is rarely used except when funny pictures of her are posted. Since that's not too often, and she has very few friends on Facebook, her wall is kind of bare, with relatively few posts showing up on it.

The other night we gave the dog a bath and there was a funny photo we uploaded to Facebook and tagged her in. I logged in as the dog the next morning to comment on the photo. However when I logged into the dog's profile, my daughter had forgotten to add her to the "family" list.... so our family dog's profile showed her post right there on the front page.

It wasn't any parent-hacking, computer spying, or monitoring of any kind.. the dog actually ratted her out completely by accident. She hasn't petted that dog all day today...

For those that wondered, commented, criticized, and just in general wanted to know:
My daughter came through it fine.

Yes, she's in trouble, and yes she's grounded, but that doesn't mean every moment of her life has to be miserable. She's going to come to terms with the changes that will be present for a while; no TV privileges, no Internet, etc.

In the meantime, once the initial anger passed, she sat with me reviewing some of the comments that have come in via Facebook and YouTube. One person even suggested collecting the shell casings and auctioning them on eBay. I said I’d do it if it would help contribute to her college fund! When I told her about it, she thought a minute, got a funny calculating expression on her face and said, “in that case you should shoot my phone too. We can use more bullets and I’ll go half-sies with ya on it! It’s not like I’m going to need it any time soon. And I can use the money we get to buy a new one.”

While the whole point of this story isn’t funny, what is funny to me is how weak some people out there think kids are. Our kids are as strong as we help them to be. My daughter took a horrible day in her life, had her crying fit, then got over it, accepted her punishment, and hasn’t let it (or people’s comments) destroy her strength. I don’t get any credit for that. She’s strong and able to overcome almost anything life throws at her.

Since this unsuspectingly threw her into the limelight much more strongly than either of us intended, I asked her if she wanted to make her own response video, and told her I’d let her do it if she wanted to. She doesn’t like being in front of the camera, so she declined, but I’ve told her if she wants to write a response or post a video response, I’d be OK with it. It’s only fair considering the viral nature of the whole thing. So far she’s not really interested. Quite frankly it seems she’s gotten bored of it much faster than the general public has. If that changes I’ll post it here.

J Diddy
02-09-2012, 11:15 PM
My lord. That's some solid parenting skills right there. Instead of confronting a teenager for doing something stupid (because everyone knows that they never do), he disciplines his child through the internet?

Good job there poncho.

In58men
lulz

But but but he's a lunatic.

Looked like it worked didn't it.

FAX
Read his facebook. The daughter has embraced the punishment. They're fine.

Well crap.

Her loss, though. She's leaving a lot of money on the table.

FAX

J Diddy
02-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Well crap.

Her loss, though. She's leaving a lot of money on the table.

FAX

Well I guess it's a good thing she's came to terms with abuse and public humiliation.

Someday she will make a really good wife to trailer park Joe. She'll know just how to take a beating.

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Well I guess it's a good thing she's came to terms with abuse and political humiliation.

LMAO

That wasn't abuse.

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2012, 11:22 PM
Well I guess it's a good thing she's came to terms with abuse and political humiliation.

Someday she will make a really good wife to trailer park Joe. She'll know just how to take a beating.

That post was like out of the twilight zone.

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Yup. On a pole at the local strip club / truck stop.

yea cause there are so many openings for a 15 year old

T-post Tom
02-09-2012, 11:30 PM
http://www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/apple-tree-.jpg

J Diddy
02-09-2012, 11:33 PM
LMAO

That wasn't abuse.

I disagree.

Psychological abuse or emotional abuse is a form of abuse characterised by a person subjecting or exposing another to behaviour that is psychologically harmful.

Psychological abuse is the willful infliction of mental or emotional anguish by threat, humiliation, or other verbal or nonverbal conduct. It is often associated with situations of power imbalance, such perhaps as the situations of abusive relationships and child abuse; however, it can also take place on larger scales, such as Group psychological abuse, racial oppression and bigotry. A more "mild" case might be that of workplace abuse. Workplace abuse is a large cause of workplace-related stress, which in turn is a strong cause of illness, both physical and mental.

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2012, 11:36 PM
I disagree.

Psychological abuse or emotional abuse is a form of abuse characterised by a person subjecting or exposing another to behaviour that is psychologically harmful.

Psychological abuse is the willful infliction of mental or emotional anguish by threat, humiliation, or other verbal or nonverbal conduct. It is often associated with situations of power imbalance, such perhaps as the situations of abusive relationships and child abuse; however, it can also take place on larger scales, such as Group psychological abuse, racial oppression and bigotry. A more "mild" case might be that of workplace abuse. Workplace abuse is a large cause of workplace-related stress, which in turn is a strong cause of illness, both physical and mental.

You're a couple shy of a 6-pack bro.

Bugeater
02-09-2012, 11:37 PM
I don't have a problem with what the guy did other than shooting the laptop, that was dumb. If nothing else sell it and recoup some of your $130.

FAX
02-09-2012, 11:37 PM
I disagree.

That's what I'm talkin' about.

It's a classic case, man. All she needs is an attorney.

Of course, it wouldn't hurt one bit if she mashed that shot-up laptop over her head a few times to raise some bumps that the cops can photograph at the emergency room.

I'm telling you, if she handles this right, Cowboy Joe will be wiping down counters at Waffle House until he's 95 to pay restitution. Just make sure there are some women on the jury and they'll load him up.

FAX

J Diddy
02-09-2012, 11:40 PM
You're a couple shy of a 6-pack bro.

Maybe she did it because she was immunized bro.

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Maybe she did it because she was immunized bro.

Or maybe she did it because she is just acting like the entitled little spoiled ass bitch she is. Not that that's a problem with our youth or country in general these days.

J Diddy
02-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Or maybe she did it because she is just acting like the entitled little spoiled ass bitch she is. Not that that's a problem with our youth or country in general these days.

I don't know about you but I generally like to handle my children's discipline and punishment in private rather than in public. I think a simple you are grounded, your laptop has been taken away, etc. and this is why would have been sufficient.

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't know about you but I generally like to handle my children's discipline and punishment in private rather than in public. I think a simple you are grounded, your laptop has been taken away, etc. and this is why would have been sufficient.

She publicly insulted her parents, he publicly disciplined her. I'd say the punishment fit the crime.

She learned her lesson good and is a better person for it.

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2012, 11:48 PM

He's an IT guy with a gun, give him a break.

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2012, 11:50 PM

On a more serious note I'll bet her little rebel friends won't come around now. Not that that's a good thing. j/k

J Diddy
02-09-2012, 11:50 PM
He's an IT guy with a gun, give him a break.

Ok, that made me laugh my ass off.

Phobia
02-10-2012, 12:06 AM
His chosen method of discipline isn't my style but he's holding his kid accountable and for that I applaud him. Too many people don't. That said, every kid is different. Every kid has a different currency - I have punished all three of my living daughters differently. We parents have to learn our children's currency and leverage it to be effective disciplinarians.

Bump
02-10-2012, 12:06 AM
that was lame, watched 2 minutes. Now the black uncle, that shit is fucking all win right there.

Phobia
02-10-2012, 12:10 AM
She publicly insulted her parents, he publicly disciplined her. I'd say the punishment fit the crime.

I don't disagree with that. However, I think a greater sense of restraint and wisdom is expected from the parent. I'm pretty sure the monologue by itself would have sufficed. I was only put off by the wasteful shooting of the laptop. That wasn't incredibly practical but again, it's his kid and I'll trust his judgment to discipline his own kid.

110010x
02-10-2012, 12:13 AM
That was funny. A bit much shooting the laptop maybe, but I understand.

TinyEvel
02-10-2012, 01:27 AM
The video should be titled "How strippers are made"

Discuss Thrower
02-10-2012, 01:54 AM
The smartest thing RaiderRoommate has ever said:
"Hey, I've got an idea, let's find girls with daddy issues, give them $10, fuck them, film it, and put it on the internet and make money."

This chap's daughter will get more than $10 once she turns 18 if we start up our bidness.

Taco John
02-10-2012, 03:35 AM
Enjoy seeing your daughter end up as a stripper...

Edit: looks like this is a common theme in this thread - lol

Chief Pote
02-10-2012, 05:25 AM
Wow, what a pathetic display of parenting. So he gets internet butthurt from his 15 year old daughter?

Children Services will see this shit and stop by. He'll be pissed and pull a gun on the investigator and throw them out. Swat team called and they show up he's holding the house hostage yelling that it's his house and he'll run this motherfucker like he wants. They crash the backdoor save the family and tear gas his ass and off to jail. ALL because of a facebook post?

Baby Lee
02-10-2012, 05:28 AM
I disagree.

We can debate the issue of the scope of response, but 'humiliation' as punishment for bad behavior is categorically different from humiliation for existing.

HMc
02-10-2012, 05:30 AM
stroke victim? He talks like a friggen retard.

Phobia
02-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Wow, what a pathetic display of parenting. So he gets internet butthurt from his 15 year old daughter?

Children Services will see this shit and stop by. He'll be pissed and pull a gun on the investigator and throw them out. Swat team called and they show up he's holding the house hostage yelling that it's his house and he'll run this mother****er like he wants. They crash the backdoor save the family and tear gas his ass and off to jail. ALL because of a facebook post?

Doubtful. It's not illegal to destroy your own property.

Phobia
02-10-2012, 06:25 AM
stroke victim? He talks like a friggen retard.

He sounded a bit kiwi to me.

Chief Pote
02-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Doubtful. It's not illegal to destroy your own property.

I understand that, but I think based on his behavior someone could make a case that he's not a stable parent. Something more is going on here. As a kid I worked as hard as any around my house for zero pay. Probably even whined about it to my friends....no big deal right? My dad kept my lectures about life and hard work PRIVATE. AND no shooting with a .45. Eliminate the gun play and no issue here, other than he's a fool for posting on facebook. Don't air your dirty laundry.

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 07:39 AM
It's important to teach your child not to vent. Fifteen year old girls should not experience frustration. That's not a natural emotion. On the off chance that they are ever unhappy, they should not use blow off steam by griping to their friends. That is simply not what teenage girls do. Young girls must learn to internalize their emotions so that they stay inside them and are carried with them for the rest of their lives. Under no circumstances should this be recognized as part of growing up and allowed to go without severe punishment.

If this does not come naturally, humiliating them is always a good start. Isolating them from their friends is another. Sometimes, however, this is not enough. In extreme cases, a parent must invoke violence, and the best way to express violence is with a large caliber hangun and destruction of property.

This message has been brought to you by the National Association of Bukake Filmmakers.

Mr. Plow
02-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Well I guess it's a good thing she's came to terms with abuse and public humiliation.

LMAO

Mr. Plow
02-10-2012, 08:21 AM

Children Services will see this shit and stop by. He'll be pissed and pull a gun on the investigator and throw them out. Swat team called and they show up he's holding the house hostage yelling that it's his house and he'll run this motherfucker like he wants. They crash the backdoor save the family and tear gas his ass and off to jail. ALL because of a facebook post?

Yup. I see it going down just like that man.

Mr. Plow
02-10-2012, 08:23 AM
It's important to teach your child not to vent. Fifteen year old girls should not experience frustration. That's not a natural emotion. On the off chance that they are ever unhappy, they should not use blow off steam by griping to their friends. That is simply not what teenage girls do. Young girls must learn to internalize their emotions so that they stay inside them and are carried with them for the rest of their lives. Under no circumstances should this be recognized as part of growing up and allowed to go without severe punishment.

If this does not come naturally, humiliating them is always a good start. Isolating them from their friends is another. Sometimes, however, this is not enough. In extreme cases, a parent must invoke violence, and the best way to express violence is with a large caliber hangun and destruction of property.

This message has been brought to you by the National Association of Bukake Filmmakers.

I had no idea that you were a 15 year old girl.

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 08:27 AM

You don't spend your twenties banging chicks with daddy issues without picking up a little insight on how sluts are made.

Inspector
02-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Back in the old days we had to shoot up black and white TV's to get strippers.

Technology has really taken huge leaps forward.

burt
02-10-2012, 09:03 AM

i did.

Fire Me Boy!
02-10-2012, 09:08 AM
I like this guy... more from Tommy:

My response to the Dallas Fox affiliate on their news headline. You can read the headline by clicking the link below:

I've made it a point of not responding to news or media thus far, but I'm going to reply to a few specific issues mentioned from the news anchors:

First, let me say Thanks for not making me out as a TOTAL villain, though you cut-together enough footage sequences to make it seem that way in segments...

It was an emotional response: Yes ma’am it was an emotional response. I raised my children to never use that kind of language, especially in a public place like that. There were so many vulgarities… I don’t even know where to start. She was mad and I get that, but there are way to talk about things without resorting to that kind of language.

Secondly, and I’ve said this on Facebook as well, but I’m sure it will get lost in the flotsam of comments out there; I shouldn’t have said the word “ass.” I’ll agree that wasn’t a good example of me as a father. I had been reading that post again and again for about an hour, sometimes in tears, other times so mad my hands were shaking and I was trying very hard to be civil in my message. I slipped in that and said a word I shouldn’t have. I deserve a little backlash for that, no doubt.

In response to Dr Fletcher’s comments:
Fifteen year olds don’t the social maturity to know what the consequence might be? I learned at about age 3 what good words were.. and what bad word were. I learned what I should say, and what I shouldn’t say. Those lessons were reinforced throughout my life as a pre-teen, teenager, and later into adulthood. I think it’s safe to assume we’ve attempted to instill in her the values that should make it obvious to ANY 15-year old that neither the content, nor its publication to the world at large was acceptable for any child, or even any adult for that matter.

The punishment wasn’t natural or logical?
She’s known the rules for Facebook ever since she was allowed to have an account. She’s broken them from time to time, sometimes by accident, sometimes as a way of stretching her boundaries to see just how firm the boundaries were. This was neither. Her post was WAY over the top.

The Dr mentioned she “doesn’t really know what my daughter will learn from this consequence.” I hoped that would be self-explanatory, but I guess you can’t see that without knowing the rest of the story. The last time she did something completely inappropriate, she was grounded from the Internet for three months. The very day she got it back we had a nice long amicable talk about what was and was not acceptable and that I wanted her to have a chance to prove she was responsible enough to utilize the internet unsupervised… by exercising her renewed freedom in a responsible way. The point of this being that proving you can be trusted to be responsible in one venue can lead to increased freedoms in other venues. I ended that conversation with a warning. I told her if no uncertain terms that we had already taken it away from her once. The next time, there wouldn’t be the same chance. If it happened again, “I’ll put a bullet through it.”

The "This one's from your mom" comment:
Before I made the video this week, I called my wife at her office, mostly in tears. The first words out of my mouth were “Please convince me not to put a bullet through Hannah’s laptop.” She knew something was wrong and asked me to be sensible and tell her what happened. Instead I began reading her the Facebook post our daughter made. She let me get to the end of the post, said “I’m sorry honey” and then said “put one in it for me while you’re at it”… so I did.

Contradiction in Terms?
No I don’t think so. Yes I told my daughter not to air that kind of material on Facebook because it was hurtful to other people. It embarrassed them. It caused them to feel humiliated, especially our very very good friend, who is NOT a cleaning lady by any stretch of the imagination!

Instead, I simply turned the tables and let her be on the receiving end of something and see how it made her feel. You mentioned not embellishing it, not sensationalizing it. I didn’t. I read exactly what she put out there for the world to see, in her own words. Then I added a few of my own words to it.

And then, yes, I shot it full of holes. Would I have received the same viral attention if I’d used it as a dog toy, hit it with a hammer, drove over it with the truck, or simply thrown it away? I’m not sure. But the point is that her parents told her “If it happens again, I’ll put a bullet through it.”
So, rather than let her push that particular boundary any further, I did absolutely no more and no less than I promised I’d do. Do I regret doing it? No. Do I regret keeping it on Facebook long enough to cause this stir? Yes. However at this time I feel that if I took the post or the video down, I'd just make it appear that we're running in shame from it, and we're not.

Truthfully though the social attention has helped her and I both deal with it. We had our discussion about it after she returned home from school. We set the ground rules for her punishment, and then I let her read some of the comments on Facebook with me at my computer. At first it was upsetting. Then as we read it became less so, eventually funny to both of us. At the end, she was amazed that other people had such amazingly strong reactions. Some said she’d grow up to be a stripper. Others that she’d get pregnant and become drug addicted because of the emotional damage. She actually asked me to go on Facebook and ask if there was anything else the victim of a laptop-homicide could do besides stripping because all the posts seem to mention that particular job and she wasn’t so keen on that one.

So in the end, she’s fine. My Facebook wall will never be the same again, and we’ll be OK as a family and she’ll grow up happy, healthy, and have everything she needs, but not everything she wants. And I absolutely guarantee she’ll never doubt my resolve to follow-through on a consequence again.

And a few hours later...

Attention Media Outlets:
While we appreciate the interest you're all putting forth to get in touch with us regarding the video, we're not going to go on your talk show, not going to call in to your radio show, and not going to be in your TV mini-series.

Some of you think I made an acceptable parenting decision and others think I didn't. However, I can't think of any way myself or my daughter can respond to a media outlet that won't be twisted out of context. The Dallas news TV news already showed that in their brief 5 minute interview with the psychologist.

Additionally, there's absolutely NO way I'm going to send my child the message that it's OK to gain from something like this. It would send her a message that it's OK to profit at the expense of someone else's embarrassment or misfortune and that's now how I was raised, nor how she has been raised.

So I say thank you from all of us. If we have anything to say, we'll say it here on Facebook, and we'll say it publicly, but we won't say it to a microphone or a camera. There are too many other REAL issues out there that could use this attention you're giving us. My daughter isn't hurt, emotionally scarred, or otherwise damaged, but that kind of publicity has never seemed to be to have a positive effect on any child or family.

If you're a news outlet that wants to ask us a question, feel free to so via email. I'm sure by now my email address is easy enough to find. It might take me awhile to get to a response because I'd have to sort through the "Die you bastard" emails to find it, but we will respond if its something that we feel merits it. Otherwise, sorry... no interviews, no talk shows, no call-ins.

If we respond to anything, it will be on here, and it will be in a way that our words can't be misconstrued or edited for appeal to specific audience or shock value.

Now, I'm going to try to get to work for the day.
Best of luck to all of you out there... and PLEASE give my phone a break.

Wallcrawler
02-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Stuttering Cowboy isnt exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. There are parents out there right now that would give ANYTHING for their biggest problem with their child was a facebook post about feeling like a slave.

So heres a good idea, lets take the laptop I paid for and just dropped over a hundred bucks on yesterday and pump multiple hollowpoints into it. Yeah. Lets not just take it away, put it to other use, or sell it outright. Lets shoot it.

He claims that the last post she made was "childish and stupid." Im thinking she should get some kind of break here, because last I checked, fifteen years old is still most definately a child. Children do....*gasp!* childish things. Shooting an expensive piece of hardware because you got your panties in a bunch isnt exactly the model for maturity.

Clearly he has no plans of discussing her frustration with her either. He's content to respond to her in video form, and then admit that she likely will never see it, but her friends will. No, she's just grounded.

Well done, Stuttering Cowboy. Youve made available to the internet evidence of your ineptness as a parent, so that when your daughter gets home and decides she wants to live with her Mom, all that needs to happen is for the judge to check out the internet and see your lack of intelligence and capacity for self control on display.

Rah! U make me muh muh muh mad and Ill sh sh sh sh shoot something you love with my guh guh guhns.

stevieray
02-10-2012, 09:32 AM
what a bunch of pathetic, hypocritical whining nancys.

thanks for confirming why so many kids are fucked up.

Dayze
02-10-2012, 09:35 AM
he told her once....she didn't listen.
Tell her not to do it again in the same way he did the first time, she won't listen.

His approach is fine.
I remember as a teenager my dad was in my chit about a bunch of things I thought were 'BS". I told my dad I needed 'my space' and to leave me alone. He told me "Then get a job and GTFO big boy and you'll get your space". Shockingly, the world didn't end, and I somehow managed survived.

Once I brought home a 32" TV that my friend "found" and put it in my room. He told me to get rid of it because he knew people just don't 'find' things like that. Few days later he saw it in my room still, and threw it out onto the drive way for me to see when I got home. Like, literally threw it; busted all up etc. Shockingly, I survived the 'ordeal' and 'trauma' and managed to lead a productive life.

It's really simple, as my dad said. "You will always have a choice. I need you to do "A"; if you don't/won't, that's fine. "B" will happen". Dumb bitch made her choice. Daughter needs to lean she isn't living in a democracy at her house; and if her parents tell her to do something, to do it and STFU. Period.

....the pussification of America continues. JFC.

BIG_DADDY
02-10-2012, 09:40 AM

And a few hours later...

Agreed.

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 09:49 AM

thanks for confirming why so many kids are ****ed up.

Kids are fucked up because their parents don't whip out guns and shoot things when they get too angry to speak without stuttering?

Your 15 year old daughter gripes about you to her friends. Do you:

A: Take the computer from her and tell her that, if she wants to disrespect you, she can buy her own computer, Internet connection, etc. to do it.

B: Pull out a gun, shoot her computer, and videotape it so the world can see what a stuttering redneck you are.

This thread doesn't make me understand why so many kids are fucked up. It makes me realize why Jerry Springer is a billionaire. No matter how big of a white trash idiot somebody is, a segment of the population will stand and cheer when he loses his shit.

Chief Pote
02-10-2012, 09:50 AM

thanks for confirming why so many kids are ****ed up.

Taping your method of discipline and posting it on facebook is obsurd. Strict discipline that is practiced in your home is your business. Not ChiefsPlanet's business. No way you can change the fact that he's a poor parent.

Chief Pote
02-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Kids are ****ed up because their parents don't whip out guns and shoot things when they get too angry to speak without stuttering?

A: Take the computer from her and tell her that, if she wants to disrespect you, she can buy her own computer, Internet connection, etc. to do it.

B: Pull out a gun, shoot her computer, and videotape it so the world can see what a stuttering redneck you are.

This thread doesn't make me understand why so many kids are ****ed up. It makes me realize why Jerry Springer is a billionaire. No matter how big of a white trash idiot somebody is, a segment of the population will stand and cheer when he loses his shit.

Rep

boogblaster
02-10-2012, 09:53 AM
littl drastic .. but effective ......

Dayze
02-10-2012, 09:53 AM

And a few hours later...

:clap:
he did a lot better job telling everyone to STFU that I would have.

Deberg_1990
02-10-2012, 09:57 AM
NOt sure if its been posted yet, but here is the dudes post on Facebook. Any CPer's post on it yet?

http://www.facebook.com/tommyjordaniii/posts/299559803434210

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 09:59 AM
This dude is right out of central casting. He even works in IT. He probably screams about how dem Injuns terk err jerbs.

Your hero:

Wears an Indiana Jones Fedora
Sports a goatee
Checkered button down shirt tucked into jeans
Casio watch
Shoots a video in the middle of a field
Can't string a couple of sentences together
Can't go 8 minutes without a cigarette
Talks about how rough he had it as a kid
Airs family's problems for the world to see
Solves minor problems by shooting things

This guy needs a reality show. We could call it the Desperate Husbands of Hazzard County. It could air right after Toddlers in Tiaras.

Deberg_1990
02-10-2012, 10:00 AM
oh and heres his latest response about the hoopla on his FB page:

Attention Media Outlets:
While we appreciate the interest you're all putting forth to get in touch with us regarding the video, we're not going to go on your talk show, not going to call in to your radio show, and not going to be in your TV mini-series.

Some of you think I made an acceptable parenting decision and others think I didn't. However, I can't think of any way myself or my daughter can ...respond to a media outlet that won't be twisted out of context. The Dallas news TV news already showed that in their brief 5 minute interview with the psychologist.

Additionally, there's absolutely NO way I'm going to send my child the message that it's OK to gain from something like this. It would send her a message that it's OK to profit at the expense of someone else's embarrassment or misfortune and that's now how I was raised, nor how she has been raised.

So I say thank you from all of us. If we have anything to say, we'll say it here on Facebook, and we'll say it publicly, but we won't say it to a microphone or a camera. There are too many other REAL issues out there that could use this attention you're giving us. My daughter isn't hurt, emotionally scarred, or otherwise damaged, but that kind of publicity has never seemed to be to have a positive effect on any child or family.

If you're a news outlet that wants to ask us a question, feel free to so via email. I'm sure by now my email address is easy enough to find. It might take me awhile to get to a response because I'd have to sort through the "Die you bastard" emails to find it, but we will respond if its something that we feel merits it. Otherwise, sorry... no interviews, no talk shows, no call-ins.

If we respond to anything, it will be on here, and it will be in a way that our words can't be misconstrued or edited for appeal to specific audience or shock value.

Now, I'm going to try to get to work for the day.
Best of luck to all of you out there... and PLEASE give my phone a break.

Mr. Plow
02-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Kids are fucked up because their parents don't whip out guns and shoot things when they get too angry to speak without stuttering?

This thread doesn't make me understand why so many kids are fucked up. It makes me realize why Jerry Springer is a billionaire. No matter how big of a white trash idiot somebody is, a segment of the population will stand and cheer when he loses his shit.

This dude is right out of central casting. He even works in IT. He probably screams about how dem Injuns terk err jerbs.

Your hero:

Wears an Indiana Jones Fedora
Sports a goatee
Checkered button down shirt tucked into jeans
Casio watch
Shoots a video in the middle of a field
Can't string a couple of sentences together
Can't go 8 minutes without a cigarette
Talks about how rough he had it as a kid
Airs family's problems for the world to see
Solves minor problems by shooting things

This guy needs a reality show. We could call it the Desperate Husbands of Hazzard County. It could air right after Toddlers in Tiaras.

Drama queen much?

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Drama queen much?

Pretty sure the people cheering a guy for putting 8 rounds into his daughter's laptop for bitching to her friends are the drama queens.

This guy's just an idiot redneck that's about to learn why there are so many strip clubs in rural areas.

Dayze
02-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Gosh...I hope the poor girl manages to survive.

The father should definitely repeat the consequences of her actions to her another 10-15 times. Maybe she'll get it then, and won't be subjected to emotional damage.

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Gosh...I hope the poor girl manages to survive.

The father should definitely repeat the consequences of her actions to her another 10-15 times. Maybe she'll get it then, and won't be subjected to emotional damage.

What actions? What did she do that was so horrible? She complained to her friends about her parents. Oh the humanity.

I can't wait to see Tosh's reaction to this. You know it's coming.

Phobia
02-10-2012, 10:10 AM
He definitely made a mistake. He told her that he was going to put a bullet through the laptop if it happened again thinking that would be enough to dissuade the behavior.

Then when she did it, he wasn't really left with a whole lot of choice... I'm glad he followed through with exactly what he said. I'm guessing he wished he hadn't said that though.

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 10:11 AM
He definitely made a mistake. He told her that he was going to put a bullet through the laptop if it happened again thinking that would be enough to dissuade the behavior.

Then when she did it, he wasn't really left with a whole lot of choice... I'm glad he followed through with exactly what he said. I'm guessing he wished he hadn't said that though.

Did what again? This dude couldn't even remember what she did the first time.

Mr. Plow
02-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Pretty sure the people cheering a guy for putting 8 rounds into his daughter's laptop for bitching to her friends are the drama queens.

This guy's just an idiot redneck that's about to learn why there are so many strip clubs in rural areas.

The only part I have the slightest issue with is wasting a perfectly good laptop. Even then, he bought the computer so if he wants dress it up as his ex wife & put 5 rounds into it, it's his business. Outside of that, I think he was trying to teach a lesson. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Obviously she isn't locked up in her room with no food, no water and she isn't plotting her great escape to a profitable pron career.

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 10:15 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/768h3Tz4Qik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Plow
02-10-2012, 10:16 AM
What actions? What did she do that was so horrible? She complained to her friends about her parents. Oh the humanity.

She complained....publicly. Not to just her friends. To anyone that had access to her facebook. She complained that her parents basically treated her as a slave. I'm sure her parents were embarrassed that perception was put out there by their daughter. I'm sure she's equally embarrassed that she got called out on it....publicly.

Kids complain. I get it. It's part of life. Complain to a friend about it - don't sit there an tell the world about it.

Kerberos
02-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Bet the girl has no guys coming around to ask her out. Dad's got a .45 and not afraid to use it. :)

Lzen
02-10-2012, 10:24 AM

And last time I checked.....I'm pretty sure HE bought that laptop.....therefore he can do whatever the **** he wants with it.

Yup. Sounds like she's a spoiled brat and he's doing what it takes (creatively, I say) to teach her a valuable lesson.

Dayze
02-10-2012, 10:28 AM

He mentioned what would happen if she did it again. I'm not necessarily arguing that complaining to her friends is a is/is not a bad thing, but I am on board with him in the fact that he told her not to do "A", or "B" would happen. She proceeded to do "A" again, knowing the conquences. If he doesn't follow through, then his word/consequences carry zero weight. Which is why a large percentage of kids are F'd up today; empty consqeuences from punk A parents.

I agree with Phobia...he was sort of backed into a corner once he said he'd put a bullet through the laptop.

Phobia
02-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Did what again? This dude couldn't even remember what she did the first time.

How should I know? My point is that good parents don't make empty threats to their kids. He followed through with his threat even though I expect he didn't ever really anticipate having to actually shoot the laptop. That's what good parents do so their kids know the boundaries and that their parents aren't kidding around. Actions have consequences. I'm pretty well documented here. I think shooting the laptop is ridiculous. I think the public humiliation kind of fit the crime. Now that he revealed that he told her that he was going to shoot the laptop for the next infraction, I'm on board with shooting the laptop.

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 10:30 AM
She complained....publicly. Not to just her friends. To anyone that had access to her facebook. She complained that her parents basically treated her as a slave. I'm sure her parents were embarrassed that perception was put out there by their daughter. I'm sure she's equally embarrassed that she got called out on it....publicly.

Kids complain. I get it. It's part of life. Complain to a friend about it - don't sit there an tell the world about it.

It was on a private Facebook account. She didn't tell the world about it. You know who DID tell the world about it? Her redneck idiot of a father.

You don't teach your children lessons by taking their bad behavior and flipping it back on them x1000. If her mom catches her having sex, should her mom go out and bang 1000 dudes and post the video on the internet just to teach her a lesson?

How does anybody watch that video and come to the conclusion that he's anything but a moron? I get that it's kind of satisfying to watch a bitchy 15 year old girl get her shit handed to her, but that doesn't make it right.

Freaking out and doing something like this means you've lost as a parent. He's not demonstrating control. He's not acting like an adult. He's a redneck idiot who will probably go on WifeSwap and get paired up with some flower child woman from Seattle who encourages her kids to explore their sexuality with as many partners as they can.

Husband: "Ah caught muh dudder runnin' er mouth off an sayin' she wuz mad at muh on dem intrunetz 'gin, so I got ma gun and shawt up her 'puter."

America: Whoooooooo!

NBC: Cha-ching. Middle America loves this shit.

bevischief
02-10-2012, 10:31 AM
But the laptop didn't do anything...

Phobia
02-10-2012, 10:36 AM
It was on a private Facebook account. She didn't tell the world about it. You know who DID tell the world about it? Her redneck idiot of a father.

You don't teach your children lessons by taking their bad behavior and flipping it back on them x1000. If her mom catches her having sex, should her mom go out and bang 1000 dudes and post the video on the internet just to teach her a lesson?

How does anybody watch that video and come to the conclusion that he's anything but a moron? I get that it's kind of satisfying to watch a bitchy 15 year old girl get her shit handed to her, but that doesn't make it right.

Freaking out and doing something like this means you've lost as a parent. He's not demonstrating control. He's not acting like an adult. He's a redneck idiot who will probably go on WifeSwap and get paired up with some flower child woman from Seattle who encourages her kids to explore their sexuality with as many partners as they can.

Husband: "Ah caught muh dudder runnin' er mouth off an sayin' she wuz mad at muh on dem intrunetz 'gin, so I got ma gun and shawt up her 'puter."

America: Whoooooooo!

NBC: Cha-ching. Middle America loves this shit.
I don't think he's a moron. I think he's over-the-top and moderately misguided. But he's apparently consistent and he cares enough about his kid to discipline her soundly. As long as he's not physically or emotionally abusing her, I don't have a single issue with his chosen method of discipline. Good for them. I disagree 100% with those who think she's going to be a stripper.

Mr. Plow
02-10-2012, 10:38 AM
It was on a private Facebook account.

Yes, the internet is private.

It was private from her parents & I believe he said church members, every other facebook "friend" could see it. Sounds public to me.

Brock
02-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah, he's a moron. He shot a laptop. Moron.

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 10:44 AM
How should I know? My point is that good parents don't make empty threats to their kids. He followed through with his threat even though I expect he didn't ever really anticipate having to actually shoot the laptop. That's what good parents do so their kids know the boundaries and that their parents aren't kidding around. Actions have consequences. I'm pretty well documented here. I think shooting the laptop is ridiculous. I think the public humiliation kind of fit the crime. Now that he revealed that he told her that he was going to shoot the laptop for the next infraction, I'm on board with shooting the laptop.

Good parents don't threaten to shoot things when their kids exhibit completely normal behavior.

Did this guy really think that his 15 year old daughter (who appears to live with her father and stepmother, btw) wasn't going to ever get in a bad mood and vent to her friends? What is a 15 year old girl supposed to do?

Here's an idea. If you can't handle the thought of your fifteen year old daughter getting mad at you and bitching to her friends once in a while, don't have kids.

A fifteen year old girl who lives with her father and stepmother is going to get moody. Deal with it sans firearms. Spoiler alert: shooting her possessions is not going to make her a well-adjusted young woman.

This wasn't a desperate father trying to save his daughter after finding out that she's abusing drugs or alcohol, having promiscuous sex, dropping out of school, getting arrested, etc. and decided that he needed to go to extreme measures to save her from herself. This was an asshole who got his feelings hurt by a fifteen year old girl and proceeded to act like a stammering idiot with a gun.

You find your kid shooting heroin? Break some shit.

Your kid gets thrown out of school for stealing shit out of lockers? Wentworth

Your kid bitches to her friends about how rough she's got it? Take her computer away for a while.

Lzen
02-10-2012, 10:50 AM
I don't disagree with that. However, I think a greater sense of restraint and wisdom is expected from the parent. I'm pretty sure the monologue by itself would have sufficed. I was only put off by the wasteful shooting of the laptop. That wasn't incredibly practical but again, it's his kid and I'll trust his judgment to discipline his own kid.

I could never bring myself to shoot a laptop like that. I would have sold it before ever destroying it.

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Yes, the internet is private.

It was private from her parents & I believe he said church members, every other facebook "friend" could see it. Sounds public to me.

It's a lot more private than posting a video on the web. Maybe 10 people saw her bitchfest, and maybe 2 read it all the way through (because nobody cares enough about the bitchy ramblings of a 15 year old girl enough to read the entire diatribe).

That video is going to get millions of views, and there is a 100% chance it winds up on Tosh.0 where another million people will see it.

A Facebook posting is this generation's version of passing a note.

morphius
02-10-2012, 10:51 AM
A bit off the topic, but haven't a lot of states made it nearly impossible for 15 year olds to get jobs? There are so many restrictions on them that most places won't go near them.

Having a younger sister, I can actually almost understand why he shot it, as she would have just found it and plugged it in while he was out and then hide it again before he gets home.

Chief Pote
02-10-2012, 10:53 AM
We would all laugh at this if he pissed on the laptop instead of whipping out a pistol and popping a few rounds into it. Violence and disciplining your child, not a good mixture.

Lzen
02-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Yup. I see it going down just like that man.

No kidding. A lot of hyperbole and drama queens in this thread.

vailpass
02-10-2012, 10:56 AM
You <strike>run</strike> post shitty on facebook one time, you got yourself <strike>a set of chains</strike> grounded from ya Facebook page. You <strike>run</strike> post shitty on facebook twice twice you got <strike>yourself two sets</strike> your laptop shot fulla holes.

You ain't gonna need no third set, 'cause you gonna get your mind right". - (Strother Martin); Cap'n, Road Prison 36.

My boy says he can eat 50 hard boiled eggs my boy can eat 50 hard boiled eggs!

The Franchise
02-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Did everyone miss the fact that she took the punishment just fine? She's not out whoring herself to the world.....or running away from home?

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 10:59 AM

I don't know shit about plumbing. I had to hire a guy to come fix my shower a couple of months back. He brought in his toolbox, and we shot the shit a little bit. I didn't even know what some of those tools were, but I trusted his judgment to decide the best way to go about fixing my shower.

That said, if he had pulled out a gun and pointed it at my shower, I would have stopped trusting his judgment. There may be a lot of perfectly legitimate ways to fix a shower just as there may be a lot of perfectly legitimate ways to discipline a 15 year old girl who gripes about you to her friends, but pulling out a gun and shooting something is not one of those ways. In fact, it's so far outside the realm of what is acceptable that I would trust that plumber's ability to fix a shower about as much as I trust this idiot's ability to raise a daughter.

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Did everyone miss the fact that she took the punishment just fine? She's not out whoring herself to the world.....or running away from home?

How do you know this? Because she wrote a message saying it? I'm sure she wasn't influenced to write that letter at all...

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 11:01 AM
We would all laugh at this if he pissed on the laptop instead of whipping out a pistol and popping a few rounds into it. Violence and disciplining your child, not a good mixture.

agreed

Dayze
02-10-2012, 11:02 AM
probably held the gun to her head and made her write it. ~

lol

The Franchise
02-10-2012, 11:03 AM
How do you know this? Because she wrote a message saying it? I'm sure she wasn't influenced to write that letter at all...

Yep....I'm sure she's handcuffed in the basement right now being whipped as we speak.

Mr. Plow
02-10-2012, 11:05 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cbEQHxn6sK4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze
02-10-2012, 11:06 AM
as for the gun issue...BFD IMO. If anything he was only endangering himself.
If it's on his own land and not against city ordinance etc...pffft. big deal. Personally, if I were legally allowed to discharge a firearm on my property without consequence, I would've put the laptop on a fence post about 20 yards away; not directly on the ground.

guns don't kill laptops....people do.

Mr. Plow
02-10-2012, 11:07 AM
probably held the gun to her head and made her write it. ~

lol

LMAO

"WRITE THE LETTER YOU LITTLE BITCH!!1!1!!"

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgWB5oN0k1GftRW-dcd8ymXGn41T74hTfE9aUzYxnGbpLeZJY4QQ

gblowfish
02-10-2012, 11:08 AM
I bet his daughter is going to be voted "Most Likely to End Up on a Stripper Pole."

Lzen
02-10-2012, 11:09 AM
I bet his daughter is going to be voted "Most Likely to End Up on a Stripper Pole."

Oh, ha ha ha ha ha ha!! I haven't heard one of those type of jokes. :rolleyes:

Dayze
02-10-2012, 11:10 AM
...also, with the cost of .45 ACP ammo this days, I'm not sure I would've used a 1911 for the job. He just pumped about $3.27 into the dead laptop.

a nice .380 or .22 would've done the job just fine.

The Franchise
02-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah....he totally should have sat down with her, held her hand and explained how her post hurt his feelings.

:rolleyes:

Dayze
02-10-2012, 11:14 AM
he should've shipped her off to MoHillbilly.

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Yep....I'm sure she's handcuffed in the basement right now being whipped as we speak.

No. I'm sure a light went off in her head, and her internal monologue was something along the lines of:

"When I heard his stammering words, when I saw him pump round after round into my computer, I knew right then that I was wrong to use talking to my friends as a way to vent my frustrations. As a fifteen year old girl living with my father and stepmother, I should never get moody. I have no need for an outlet for my feelings. The most important thing in the world is for a fifteen year old girl to not hurt my father's feelings. My emotional needs are tertiary compared to his.

Venting to friends when I get frustrated and emotional (which being a fifteen year old girl living with my father and stepmother, is completely unnatural for me to do), is an unhealthy release. Instead, I should follow my emotionally stable father's lead and do something productive like cause hundreds of dollars worth of property damage when I need to express myself. I'm a better person because my dad got pissed off and shot 8 rounds into the computer I use for school and videotaped it for the world to see."

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Yeah....he totally should have sat down with her, held her hand and explained how her post hurt his feelings.

That's crazy. Why would you have a conversation about feelings with your fifteen year old daughter who doesn't live with her mom when you can just shoot her stuff instead?

Mr. Plow
02-10-2012, 11:20 AM
You've nailed this thread Saul. Kudos to you. :clap:

The Franchise
02-10-2012, 11:20 AM
No. I'm sure a light went off in her head, and her internal monologue was something along the lines of:

"When I heard his stammering words, when I saw him pump round after round into my computer, I knew right then that I was wrong to use talking to my friends as a way to vent my frustrations. As a fifteen year old girl living with my father and stepmother, I should never get moody. I have no need for an outlet for my feelings. The most important thing in the world is for a fifteen year old girl to not hurt my father's feelings. My emotional needs are tertiary compared to his.

Venting to friends when I get frustrated and emotional (which being a fifteen year old girl living with my father and stepmother, is completely unnatural for me to do), is an unhealthy release. Instead, I should follow my emotionally stable father's lead and do something productive like cause hundreds of dollars worth of property damage when I need to express myself. I'm a better person because my dad got pissed off and shot 8 rounds into the computer I use for school and videotaped it for the world to see."

Or maybe it went like this.

"Wow....I didn't think my Dad would actually follow through with what he said. You know....maybe I shouldn't have posted that on Facebook."

Chiefnj2
02-10-2012, 11:23 AM

"Wow....I didn't think my Dad would actually follow through with what he said. You know....maybe I shouldn't have posted that on Facebook."

She's 15. I guarantee you she thinking "That asshole embarrassed me in front of the entire country. All of my homework and schoolwork was on that laptop, now I'm going to fail. Great job dad."

Mr. Plow
02-10-2012, 11:24 AM
She's 15. I guarantee you she thinking "That asshole embarrassed me in front of the entire country. All of my homework and schoolwork was on that laptop, now I'm going to fail. Guess I'll get an early start on my career as a hooker. Great job dad."

FYP

Brock
02-10-2012, 11:25 AM

It's probably more like "My dad is a moron who shoots laptops, and having a destructive fit like an overgrown child is apparently acceptable".

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 11:31 AM

"Wow...I thought my dad was just prone to hyperbole when he got mad and made over-the-top threats. Evidently, he means everything he's ever said in anger no matter how hateful, threatening, or demeaning they were. Suddenly those arguments he used to have with mom seem even scarier."

The Franchise
02-10-2012, 11:33 AM
"Wow...I thought my dad was just prone to hyperbole when he got mad and made over-the-top threats. Evidently, he means everything he's ever said in anger no matter how hateful, threatening, or demeaning they were. Suddenly those arguments he used to have with mom seem even scarier."

So now this guy beats his wife and hates his daughter. Gotcha.

L.A. Chieffan
who HASNT shot a laptop with a .45?

get over it

Dayze

LMAO

dude...

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 11:52 AM

So now this guy beats his wife and hates his daughter. Gotcha.

You:strawman
As
Redneck:laptop

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 11:55 AM
LMAO

dude...

Yeah. She's probably going to respect her dad for carrying out his violent threats.

The Franchise
02-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Don't worry everybody.....Saul Good has got this.

bogey
02-10-2012, 11:59 AM
As a father of a 13 year old, I understand his frustration. However, the tactic he chose will not solve any of the issues. He bowed down to her level and handled this in a very immature way. He should have confronted her, let her know how much her words hurt him. Here's what I would have said... "honey, I have unconditional love for you and always will. But you've hurt me to the core. You have lost the rights to ALL technology until you prove to me that you're mature enough to use them. I expect you to do the chores that I have asked you to do, get a job, and start treating me with the respect I deserve. Until then, no technology". Then, he should walk away.

The Franchise
02-10-2012, 12:00 PM
As a father of a 13 year old, I understand his frustration. However, the tactic he chose will not solve any of the issues. He bowed down to her level and handled this in a very immature way. He should have confronted her, let her know how much her words hurt him. Here's what I would have said... "honey, I have unconditional love for you and always will. But you've hurt me to the core. You have lost the rights to ALL technology until you prove to me that you're mature enough to use them. I expect you to do the chores that I have asked you to do, get a job, and start treating me with the respect I deserve. Until then, no technology". Then, he should walk away.

How do you know that's not what happened the FIRST time she did this?

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 12:04 PM

Why go to that trouble when you could just empty a clip into a computer and post it on the internet?

BIG_DADDY
02-10-2012, 12:05 PM
It's probably more like "My dad is a moron who shoots laptops, and having a destructive fit like an overgrown child is apparently acceptable".

54,320 likes, 4,296 dislikes

Brock
02-10-2012, 12:06 PM
54,320 likes, 4,296 dislikes

That's meaningful data, thanks.

Dayze
02-10-2012, 12:07 PM
would the destruction of the laptop, regardless of means, be considered violent? not stirring up crap here, seriously curious.

I mean, if he took an axe to it etc.

I'm just trying to see where people are coming from; if it was the destruction of the laptop itself, or the manner in which it was destroyed.

Brock
02-10-2012, 12:07 PM
I'll have to remember that the next time I need to know which way something wafts with the public, I'll check the likes on facebook. ROFL

Saul Good
02-10-2012, 12:08 PM
How do you know that's not what happened the FIRST time she did this?

Maybe it was. Do it again, and keep the laptop longer this time. You aren't going to stop a teenage girl from venting to her friends. Its perfectly normal and healthy behavior. Part of being a parent is getting your feelings hurt once in a while.

"You hurt my feelings, I shoot your stuff" isn't parenting.

BIG_DADDY
02-10-2012, 12:09 PM
would the destruction of the laptop, regardless of means, be considered violent? not stirring up crap here, seriously curious.

I mean, if he took an axe to it etc.

I'm just trying to see where people are coming from; if it was the destruction of the laptop itself, or the manner in which it was destroyed.

This place is full of fruit loops, what do you think?

BIG_DADDY
02-10-2012, 12:10 PM
I'll have to remember that the next time I need to know which way something wafts with the public, I'll check the likes on facebook. ROFL

That's where it was posted smart guy.

Phobia
02-10-2012, 12:11 PM
I don't know shit about plumbing. I had to hire a guy to come fix my shower a couple of months back. He brought in his toolbox, and we shot the shit a little bit. I didn't even know what some of those tools were, but I trusted his judgment to decide the best way to go about fixing my shower.

That said, if he had pulled out a gun and pointed it at my shower, I would have stopped trusting his judgment. There may be a lot of perfectly legitimate ways to fix a shower just as there may be a lot of perfectly legitimate ways to discipline a 15 year old girl who gripes about you to her friends, but pulling out a gun and shooting something is not one of those ways. In fact, it's so far outside the realm of what is acceptable that I would trust that plumber's ability to fix a shower about as much as I trust this idiot's ability to raise a daughter.

I've acknowledged his method as unorthodox. I've said I wouldn't dare employ any of those tactics. But if I were naive enough to threaten an absurd tactic such as "I'm going to slice every tire on your car if you're past curfew again" you can bet I would go out and slice every tire on her car if she missed curfew again. I'm applauding his follow-through and consistency, not the fact he shot a laptop. Not that I feel any need to do so, but I don't think I can appease your position any further than I have with my own. Your hyperbole aside, I think we're pretty close on the issue.

Brock
It might have been funny if he had thrown the laptop into a wood chipper or something, maybe.

Brock
That's where it was posted smart guy.

Hurrr, really? I couldn't tell that from the link.

bevischief
02-10-2012, 12:12 PM
The only missing is the banjo music and alcohol, then it would have been a country music video.

bogey
02-10-2012, 12:13 PM
I suspect the father has had problems following through with his punishments. When it comes to handing out punishments, if you give a child an inch, they'll take a mile.

Dayze
02-10-2012, 12:13 PM
he should've tied the latop and some aluminum cans to the rear of her car, put a sign on the rear window that read "Just Grounded", and made her drive around town.

Mr. Plow
02-10-2012, 12:14 PM
he should've tied the latop and some aluminum cans to the rear of her car, put a sign on the rear window that read "Just Grounded", and made her drive around town.

That would have hurt her feelings.

Chiefnj2
02-10-2012, 12:16 PM
He teaches her not to be disrespectful to her kin on a public internet forum, by being disrespectful to her on a public internet forum.

gblowfish
02-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Gun violence solves parenting issues.

Dayze
02-10-2012, 12:19 PM
at what point is it no longer gun violence? Just curious/honest.
I mean, if he blew it up with an M80, would it be different?

(the point of destoying a perfectly good laptop aside)

The Franchise
02-10-2012, 12:21 PM
He teaches her not to be disrespectful to her kin on a public internet forum, by being disrespectful to her on a public internet forum.

That's disrespectful?

Brock
02-10-2012, 12:22 PM
I see a lot of brass poles and coconut body spray in her future.

The Franchise
02-10-2012, 12:23 PM
I see a lot of brass poles and coconut body spray in her future.

Yeah. :rolleyes:

I'm sure because her father publicly chastized her for disobeying him and then shooting her (his) laptop is going to make her take her clothes off for money.

Chiefnj2
02-10-2012, 12:24 PM
That's disrespectful?

I think publicly humiliating your 15 year old is disrespectful, yes.

Phobia
02-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Gun violence solves parenting issues.

Some of you are making it seem like he fired a couple of shots over her head while she's running down the driveway bleeding from being beaten severely. The gun was used on a laptop, which I think was stupid and a gigantic waste. But to label it "gun violence"? I'm almost certain that "violence" implies an act against at least one person.

Fish
02-10-2012, 12:26 PM
So.... what would people say if this guy's daughter took his learning lesson and employed it herself someday?

What if some guy you knew was dating a girl, and she happened to buy him a laptop for his birthday. Later, she found that he wrote some negative whiny stuff about her to a select group of Facebook friends. She then did exactly as she was taught by her father, and made a 10 minute rant on Youtube, and shot his laptop to shit.

How would you guys view the girl in that situation? I'm guessing most people would think the girl was batshit crazy.... Can anyone honestly say they'd have the same "Ha ha. That'll teach em." attitude in this scenario?

seclark
02-10-2012, 12:27 PM
wwe
sec

Brock
02-10-2012, 12:28 PM

I'm sure because her father publicly chastized her for disobeying him and then shooting her (his) laptop is going to make her take her clothes off for money.

Oh no, I'm sure the type of father who thinks this is being a good parent is going to raise kids who are perfectly normal, productive members of society.

The Franchise
02-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Oh no, I'm sure the type of father who thinks this is being a good parent is going to raise kids who are perfectly normal, productive members of society.

Yep because we all know that tough discipline in your younger years causes girls to be strippers.

The Franchise
02-10-2012, 12:29 PM
So.... what would people say if this guy's daughter took his learning lesson and employed it herself someday?

What if some guy you knew was dating a girl, and she happened to buy him a laptop for his birthday. Later, she found that he wrote some negative whiny stuff about her to a select group of Facebook friends. She then did exactly as she was taught by her father, and made a 10 minute rant on Youtube, and shot his laptop to shit.

How would you guys view the girl in that situation? I'm guessing most people would think the girl was batshit crazy.... Can anyone honestly say they'd have the same "Ha ha. That'll teach em." attitude in this scenario?

Because that's the same scenario.......:rolleyes:

Phobia
02-10-2012, 12:30 PM
I think publicly humiliating your 15 year old is disrespectful, yes.

Sure it is. He did that purposefully. What's the most efficient way to teach a child not to bite other people? Not to touch a hot stove? Not to chew tobacco?

Sometimes telling a kid "don't do that" doesn't really get through completely.

Chiefnj2
02-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Sure it is. He did that purposefully. What's the most efficient way to teach a child not to bite other people? Not to touch a hot stove? Not to chew tobacco?

You need to go public.

Did anyone see the guys other video? His son spills a glass of milk, so dad goes out and shoots the cow in the udder 4 times. Hell yeah.

Phobia
02-10-2012, 12:32 PM

Of course we would. Nowhere in a girlfriend's bailiwick is any sort of requirement to discipline her boyfriend so he'll behave himself as an adult.

Phobia
02-10-2012, 12:34 PM
You need to go public.

Did anyone see the guys other video? His son spills a glass of milk, so dad goes out and shoots the cow in the udder 4 times. Hell yeah.

I think that would probably qualify for the "violent" label that is being bandied about on this thread.

Brock
Yep because we all know that tough discipline in your younger years causes girls to be strippers.

This isn't "tough discipline". This is exhibitionism of stupid, stupid behavior.

Mr. Plow
lol @ this thread. Everytime someone new comes in their first post is "Oh noes!!1! Hope her dad likes her as a strippers!!"

She was warned it would happen, she did it anyway, and she paid the price.

Dayze
02-10-2012, 12:35 PM

this reminds me...I've been craving a dip lately.

Mr. Plow

YAY New age parenting!!!

Phobia
This isn't "tough discipline". This is exhibitionism of stupid, stupid behavior.

It's both. No argument here.

Brock
02-10-2012, 12:38 PM
It's both. No argument here.

No, it isn't both. It's just one.

Brock
02-10-2012, 12:38 PM
YAY New age parenting!!!

Right, because it's OL' SKOOL to destroy your kid's stuff with a firearm. :facepalm:

Chiefnj2
02-10-2012, 12:39 PM
I think that would probably qualify for the "violent" label that is being bandied about on this thread.

But it's really funny. Dad is all "You think spilled milk is funny, [bang, bang, bang, bang] does Elsie think it's funny? All that milk spilling out of her udder. Is that funny? Get a job and buy a band aid to patch her up. Oh, and get some of that dripping milk for my coffee."

Brock
Good god, no wonder this country is being taken over by idiots. They're reproducing at an alarming rate, apparently.

go bo

hey now, i've got a niece who was a stripper and the money was excellent...

and nobody had shot her laptop...

Fish
02-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Because that's the same scenario.......:rolleyes:

No, it's not the same scenario and isn't intended to be. I'm looking at the end result of this guy's "lesson". The purpose of the guy's rant is to teach her a lesson. You agree with that right? So say she learns the lesson, and incorporates it in her own life. That's what kids do.

My question is that would you say it's OK for her to do the same thing in her own life, that she learned from her father?

Phobia
02-10-2012, 12:43 PM
No, it's not the same scenario and isn't intended to be. I'm looking at the end result of this guy's "lesson". The purpose of the guy's rant is to teach her a lesson. You agree with that right? So say she learns the lesson, and incorporates it in her own life. That's what kids do.

My question is that would you say it's OK for her to do the same thing in her own life, that she learned from her father?

Absolutely not. Because her role as a significant other is completely different than that of a parent. I would find her to be equally nutty if she "grounded" her boyfriend or made him do extra chores because she didn't like something he did.

Bowser
02-10-2012, 12:43 PM
I probably would have laughed harder if the video had cut to him at a Best Buy trading the laptop in on something the mom and dad really wanted.

go bo
02-10-2012, 12:44 PM

hmmmmmm, let me think about that one for a minute...

nope...

Rausch
02-10-2012, 12:44 PM
I told you no the first time.

You didn't listen.

Allow me, just a minute or two, to clarify my position...

Dayze
02-10-2012, 12:46 PM
I probably would have laughed harder if the video had cut to him at a Best Buy trading the laptop in on something the mom and dad really wanted.

LMAO
or better yet, even after he shot it - bring it to Best Buy
"Yeah...I'm not sure what happened. It just won't turn on"

Dayze
02-10-2012, 12:46 PM
I told you no the first time.

You didn't listen.

Allow me, just a minute or two, to clarify my position...

pretty much.