PDA

View Full Version : If Carr unsigned, your pick?

Sorter
02-09-2012, 10:49 PM
I touched on the possibility of drafting a pass rusher v. Trent Richardson, but if Carr is free to walk, what are your thoughts? M.C. from LSU will most likely be gone, but Kirkpatrick will still be available. Would you be in favor of

A: Drafting Trent Richardson
B: Drafting Dre
C: Trading down in attempt to pick up one of those two?(15-21pick)
D: other?

I myself, if Carr isn't resigned would either look at Routt as a pick up (above avg #2, good in man) as an option or look to draft Dre with our 11/12(probably 12 knowing our luck). I understand the love for TR as we struggled in the redzone, but picking up an above 6'0 corner with good man skills seems to be more beneficial in the long run(provided we get an elite qb in the next few years). Your thoughts?

ArrowheadMagic
02-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Good question.. I think Kirkpatrick fits our D well. Janoris Jenkins is little high at this point, but a guy who's talent is worthy. With a healthy Berry, Chiefs could afford to have a lessor talent there...... but signing Carr should be a higher priority than Bowe. Better value in the 3rd or 4th rd with a Joe ADAMS. No denying what losing Bowe the last game did to our offense. Healthy Charles make losing Bowe less harmful?

Urc Burry
02-09-2012, 11:25 PM
I think Jenkins is the better cover corner, but we can't afford to have 3 midget corners. So Dre would be my pick. His heighth is scary,not alot of 6'2 corners out there. So worst case scenario he ends up a safety

ArrowheadMagic
02-09-2012, 11:47 PM
I think Jenkins is the better cover corner, but we can't afford to have 3 midget corners. So Dre would be my pick. His heighth is scary,not alot of 6'2 corners out there. So worst case scenario he ends up a safety

Jenkins can flip his hips well enough. Even if we get Dre... is he really better than Carr? Outside Claiborne dont think we upgrade. Think its a better chance of upgrading the offense in this draft than finding a replacement for a proven player.

Bad precedent if we dont sign the best CB in FA. Likewise Bowe, with what we have under the cap.

Urc Burry
02-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Jenkins can flip his hips well enough. Even if we get Dre... is he really better than Carr? Outside Claiborne dont think we upgrade. Think its a better chance of upgrading the offense in this draft than finding a replacement for a proven player.

Bad precedent if we dont sign the best CB in FA. Likewise Bowe, with what we have under the cap.

Even if he will be it won't be by much. I love Bowe but he is a lot easier to replace if it were to come to that. Baldwin could be a star, i'm not sold on him yet but he is promising. And Breaston is a solid #2. We could address WR later in the draft, unlike corner. Ryan Broyles in the 4th-5th would be a great option IMO... perfect slot receiver.

Frosty
02-10-2012, 12:06 AM
I hate the idea of losing Carr and then using a first round pick to replace him. That means the Chiefs come out of the first round treading water, at best, instead of improving. Same goes for losing Bowe and picking another first round WR.

ArrowheadMagic
02-10-2012, 12:34 AM
Even if he will be it won't be by much. I love Bowe but he is a lot easier to replace if it were to come to that. Baldwin could be a star, i'm not sold on him yet but he is promising. And Breaston is a solid #2. We could address WR later in the draft, unlike corner. Ryan Broyles in the 4th-5th would be a great option IMO... perfect slot receiver.

Broyles is a steal. If we spend a 1st replacing a guy not named Cassel, then its a waste. Unfortunately DeCastro is the best prospect where we are picking. Could do worse than a potential all pro. Excites me more than the T prospects at that point.

spanky 52
02-10-2012, 06:36 AM
I hate the idea of losing Carr and then using a first round pick to replace him. That means the Chiefs come out of the first round treading water, at best, instead of improving. Same goes for losing Bowe and picking another first round WR.

You're right on this. If this happens it's a lose/lose situation. I'd rather keep Carr and lose Bowe. At least with Breaston and Baldwin, the cupboard isn't bare so to speak. I know the news out of Arrowhead hasn't been the most positive this offseason but with Crennel as the HC, I would think he wouldn't want to lose a key piece of his defense.

Coogs
02-10-2012, 11:37 AM

Yep!

Chiefnj2
02-10-2012, 12:47 PM
You might be able to pull Jenkins, Minnifield or the kid from South Carolina in the 2nd for similar value.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-10-2012, 01:19 PM
How many of these do we need?

BigChiefFan
02-10-2012, 01:50 PM
I hate the idea of losing Carr and then using a first round pick to replace him. That means the Chiefs come out of the first round treading water, at best, instead of improving. Same goes for losing Bowe and picking another first round WR.Yep. The idea is to build upon the foundation already in place.

There's zero excuses to not retain both players.

jd1020
02-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Are we talking first round only?

If so, my choice wouldn't change. There are some good CB prospects that are looking at 2nd and 3rd round picks.

O.city
02-10-2012, 02:32 PM
I'd have to agree with jd.

Get Jenkins in the second.

Titty Meat
02-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Dre Kirkpatrick will be a bust.

DJ's left nut
02-11-2012, 01:42 PM
If Carr is unsigned, I probably go into a murderous rage, so I'm not likely to care a lot about who our 1st rounder is at that point.

O.city
02-11-2012, 01:45 PM
If we let our best CB walk, I'll probably join DJ on that rage and won't really care much about this football team for a while.

Tribal Warfare
02-11-2012, 10:23 PM

We'll probably sign Bowe to the one year Franchise tag, pay big money for Carr then during next season or offseason sign Bowe long term.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Loads of cap room, let a guy walk, and instead of improving the team with our 1st have to replace him with another corner that we could only hope to progress to the levlel Carr is playing now...BRILLIANT!!

It would be horrible to lose the guy and makes me sick thinking about it.

NJChiefsFan
02-13-2012, 08:17 AM

I agree. Spending money in FA not only helps your team but really helps your draft. If you sign Carr and say Soliai, you have gotten two top talents and still have your first round pick. Let Carr go and you have money but now have to use your first on a corner. To me its not even treading water.

DaKCMan AP
02-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Janoris Jenkins is little high

LMAO

Bump
02-13-2012, 01:30 PM
We have to resign Carr. Drafting his unproven replacement in the 1st will piss me the fuck off. I think we just have to take BPA with our first pick no matter what. If we have to decide between Bowe and Carr, I'm gonna take Carr. Lock down corners are more difficult to find IMO, but with our cap space we shouldn't have to decide. Pioli better be a man and take care of business.

jd1020
02-13-2012, 01:36 PM
We have to resign Carr. Drafting his unproven replacement in the 1st will piss me the **** off. I think we just have to take BPA with our first pick no matter what. If we have to decide between Bowe and Carr, I'm gonna take Carr. Lock down corners are more difficult to find IMO, but with our cap space we shouldn't have to decide. Pioli better be a man and take care of business.

Has more to do with the person holding the cash (Hunt) than the person distributing the cash (Pioli).

In the end, there are 2 sides to the signing of both Carr and Bowe. The Chiefs side and the players side. Carr and/or Bowe may not want to re-sign with the Chiefs, and thats their right. They are both UFA's. Seems like people forget that. If one, or both, end up not signing with the Chiefs it might not have been an issue of the Chiefs unwillingness to open their wallet.

Bump
02-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Has more to do with the person holding the cash (Hunt) than the person distributing the cash (Pioli).

In the end, there are 2 sides to the signing of both Carr and Bowe. The Chiefs side and the players side. Carr and/or Bowe may not want to re-sign with the Chiefs, and thats their right. They are both UFA's. Seems like people forget that. If one, or both, end up not signing with the Chiefs it might not have been an issue of the Chiefs unwillingness to open their wallet.

true that, I can't imagine a talent like Bowe would want to come back to the land of shitty quarterbacks. I can't even imagine the damage he could do with a legit QB. The best QB that's ever thrown him the ball was fucking Jemarcus Russell in college, LOL.

jd1020
02-13-2012, 01:46 PM
I fully expect at least 1 to be here for 2012, willingly or unwillingly. One is going to get tagged.

If it absolutely came down to one vs the other and the Chiefs were thinking about Richardson in the first, it would have to be Carr. Tagging Bowe would just make no sense. You could slide Baldwin in for Bowe and grab a mid round prospect to play the slot, like Broyles. With the balance of the offense swinging towards the running side.

And drafting a RB early in the first is not out of the realm of possibilities with Pioli. When he was with the Browns as an assistant of player evaluation the Browns drafted Tommy Vardell 9th and in NE he drafted Laurence Maroney in the first.

Nightfyre
02-13-2012, 06:38 PM
I fully expect at least 1 to be here for 2012, willingly or unwillingly. One is going to get tagged.

If it absolutely came down to one vs the other and the Chiefs were thinking about Richardson in the first, it would have to be Carr. Tagging Bowe would just make no sense. You could slide Baldwin in for Bowe and grab a mid round prospect to play the slot, like Broyles. With the balance of the offense swinging towards the running side.

And drafting a RB early in the first is not out of the realm of possibilities with Pioli. When he was with the Browns as an assistant of player evaluation the Browns drafted Tommy Vardell 9th and in NE he drafted Laurence Maroney in the first.

According to War Room, Belichick picked Maroney over the objections of his front office staff in no small part because McDaniels wanted him.

jd1020
02-13-2012, 07:22 PM
According to War Room, Belichick picked Maroney over the objections of his front office staff in no small part because McDaniels wanted him.

I haven't read the book but, from what I can find through internet searches, it wasn't the FO that was against Maroney, it was the scouts, and Josh had nothing to do with it, it was his brother Ben.

Nightfyre
02-13-2012, 07:25 PM
I haven't read the book but, from what I can find through internet searches, it wasn't the FO that was against Maroney, it was the scouts, and Josh had nothing to do with it, it was his brother Ben.

My point is that it is weak supporting evidence that Pioli will draft a RB in the first round.

jd1020
02-13-2012, 07:27 PM
My point is that it is weak supporting evidence that Pioli will draft a RB in the first round.

Pretty shitty point, then. Because it doesn't seem much of your point is true.

Nightfyre
02-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Pretty shitty point, then. Because it doesn't seem much of your point is true.

Yea, I read that book months ago. The point is that Pioli and the scouts hated the pick but Belichick did it anyway. Seems pretty fucking valid to me.

Bowser
02-20-2012, 03:49 PM
So, if Carr leaves, but with Routt here, what now?

DeezNutz
02-20-2012, 04:08 PM
If Carr is unsigned, I probably go into a murderous rage, so I'm not likely to care a lot about who our 1st rounder is at that point.

Just calm the fuck down. If not for us, for the labs.

RealSNR
02-20-2012, 04:32 PM
So CB with our first rounder? :shake: