PDA

View Full Version : Life sleep texting

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 12:43 PM
This sounds... or sounded absurd to me too before I did a little research so stay with me here for a minute.

I get a text from a woman I dated a couple times this morning telling me that I really hurt her feelings last weekend. I have no idea what she's talking about, I didn't even talk to her last weekend. She tells me this long story about how I told her via text that she was making me uncomfortable continueing to ask that we get together and I only see her as a friend. (she texted me last Sunday night asking if I wanted to have a pizza and movie night, just as friends so that's where this "apparently" started) So I tell her again that I'm lost... no idea what she's talking about or where this is coming from. She proceeds to tell me things I said in detail. I ask if she's sure it was me because not only did I not say that stuff, it's not even stuff I would say. She assures me it came from me... at least from my number.

This is the second time I've had a conversation with her via text that I have no recollection of in the last few weeks. She sent my texts back to me to show what I had said. Both times I was pretty mean. Neither time do I remember at all.

She's not a crazy type at all and not prone to make things up plus she's showing me evidence so..... I blew it off the first time.... this morning I'm starting to wonder if I'm losing my mind.

So I go to bounce all this off my best friend here because it's really bugging me now. She says "it sounds like you're sleep texting." I laugh at the obvious joke. Then she googles it....

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-11-29/news/30456533_1_scott-fromherz-sleep-texting-text-messages

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2064703/Daily-stress-leading-rise-sleep-texting-expert-claims.html

Sooooo........ I still think I could be losing my mind.... but this does seem to provide a possible explaination.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm off to be fitted for a straight jacket now.

Buck
02-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Have you been drinking a lot the last couple weeks?

Buck
Also, check your phone you moran.

rageeumr
Doesn't your phone show sent messages?

stonedstooge
02-13-2012, 12:47 PM
You taking Xanax and drinking booze?

Bwana
02-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Whitney?

mnchiefsguy
02-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Doesn't your phone show sent messages?

That would be my first step, verify that your phone sent the messages.

Was your phone ever left unattended in a situation where someone could send messages from your phone just to mess with you?

Bowser
02-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Are you the Manchurian Candidate?

talastan
02-13-2012, 01:07 PM
That would be my first step, verify that your phone sent the messages.

Was your phone ever left unattended in a situation where someone could send messages from your phone just to mess with you?

This. You sure a friend isn't messing with your phone while you're sleeping?

Hammock Parties
02-13-2012, 01:08 PM
If she's not fucking you, cut off all contact with this dumb bitch.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Have you been drinking a lot the last couple weeks?

No not at all.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm too mentally unstable to learn how to quote multiple messages so...

I delete my messages nearly every day because the in/outbox gets full. Yes I use it a lot.

I live alone, no one is messing with my phone

I don't want to fuck her.

ThaVirus
02-13-2012, 01:12 PM
I turn my phone off while I sleep about 90% of the time. There's not much out there that's more important than my sleep..

To the OP, that's just a bit weird. I've sent texts while half-asleep, but could recall them the next day.

ThaVirus
02-13-2012, 01:13 PM
I don't want to **** her.

Ghey?

Hammock Parties
02-13-2012, 01:14 PM
I don't want to fuck her.

No reason to talk to her.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Whitney?

I will always love you Bwana. With the greatest love of all. Because I believe that children are our future.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Ghey?

Neither of us.

Bwana
02-13-2012, 01:16 PM
I will always love you Bwana. With the greatest love of all. Because I believe that children are our future.

:thumb:

Will your phone bill have a record of your texts? (numbers you sent text to)

Predarat
02-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Pics or no advice.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 01:17 PM
:thumb:

Will your phone bill have a record of your texts? (numbers you sent text to)

I don't get a bill, my phone and plan are free because I do testimonials for AT&T. I could probably request a print out.

Lex Luthor
02-13-2012, 01:20 PM
I get a text from a woman I dated a couple times this morning telling me that I really hurt her feelings last weekend. I have no idea what she's talking about, I didn't even talk to her last weekend. She tells me this long story about how I told her via text that she was making me uncomfortable continueing to ask that we get together and I only see her as a friend. (she texted me last Sunday night asking if I wanted to have a pizza and movie night, just as friends so that's where this "apparently" started) So I tell her again that I'm lost... no idea what she's talking about or where this is coming from. She proceeds to tell me things I said in detail. I ask if she's sure it was me because not only did I not say that stuff, it's not even stuff I would say. She assures me it came from me... at least from my number.

This is the second time I've had a conversation with her via text that I have no recollection of in the last few weeks. She sent my texts back to me to show what I had said. Both times I was pretty mean. Neither time do I remember at all.

She's not a crazy type at all and not prone to make things up plus she's showing me evidence so..... I blew it off the first time.... this morning I'm starting to wonder if I'm losing my mind.

I think the answer is pretty obvious. Your wife sent the text messages to discourage your girlfriend.

Bwana
02-13-2012, 01:20 PM
I don't get a bill, my phone and plan are free because I do testimonials for AT&T. I could probably request a print out.

I would, just to find out if she is pulling on your chain. :shrug:

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 01:23 PM
I would, just to find out if she is pulling on your chain. :shrug:

Yeah think I'll do that.

Bwana
02-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Yeah think I'll do that.

If it turns out you did send them, I fear we will have to keep an eye on you. :)

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 01:30 PM
If it turns out you did send them, I fear we will have to keep an eye on you. :)

Like I said this woman isn't the type to bullshit me. She's not a kid... mid 30's, has a job that requires a high level of responsibility and some intelligence etc etc.. and just isn't a drama queen/game player type. That plus her sending many of my texts back to me leads me to believe she's telling the truth, especially after I read those articles.

KurtCobain
02-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Sleep texting has ruined my life. I agreed to trading my ipod for a texas longhorns hat and told my mom she could stay on my couch a few days. What the fuck was sleep joey thinking?
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Sleep texting has ruined my life. I agreed to trading my ipod for a texas longhorns hat and told my mom she could stay on my couch a few days. What the **** was sleep joey thinking?
Posted via Mobile Device

You and I both need to leave our phones in a different room at night. My charger is moving to the living room tonight.

On the plus side... oh good... I have something in common with Joey.

LMAO

ThatRaceCardGuy
02-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Do you have a twin...that could be your problem

Sofa King
02-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Sleep texting has ruined my life. I agreed to trading my ipod for a texas longhorns hat and told my mom she could stay on my couch a few days. What the **** was sleep joey thinking?
Posted via Mobile Device

That's funny, I assumed the shotgun blast to the face woulda done that...

Bowser
02-13-2012, 01:44 PM
That's funny, I assumed the shotgun blast to the face woulda done that...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q05H0Np10Ys?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Johnny Vegas
02-13-2012, 01:46 PM
yesterday it was sexting

today its slexting

tomorrow it'll be shexting...nope I'm shexting right now

via Mobile

Pants
02-13-2012, 01:51 PM
My phone doesn't have a limit on texts (I have thousands stored on it). You should get a new phone, man.

BigMeatballDave
02-13-2012, 02:03 PM
My phone doesn't have a limit on texts (I have thousands stored on it). You should get a new phone, man.

Why save so many? I delete mine like every other day.

Predarat
02-13-2012, 02:06 PM
This is kind of a cool revolution. Say you have a female 'friend' that you would like to bang. So at night you can put it on her hot and heavy with texts. If she recipicates you can get laid, if she rejects you, you can claim you were sleep texting. Sounds like a good plan.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 02:07 PM

If it didn't take 3-4 months to get a new one from AT&T the 2 times prior when a phone broke I might. Then again I'm somewhat obsessive about deleting old stuff so I'd probably do it anyway. I'm the same way with e-mails... read it... reply if necessary... delete. Old texts/e-mails hanging around drive me insane... insaner... more insaner.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 02:09 PM
This is kind of a cool revolution. Say you have a female 'friend' that you would like to bang. So at night you can put it on her hot and heavy with texts. If she recipicates you can get laid, if she rejects you, you can claim you were sleep texting. Sounds like a good plan.

I was thinking along those lines too. This could come in handy next time I say something really stupid.

I'll no doubt be sleep posting on Chiefs Planet again soon.

Pants
02-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Why save so many? I delete mine like every other day.

I don't know. I just don't delete them.

Setsuna
02-13-2012, 02:24 PM
As already stated. Pics or none of this happened.

Sofa King
02-13-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm going to start using "sleep texting" as an excuse for "drunk texting"

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 02:28 PM
As already stated. Pics or none of this happened.

K... none of it happened then except it did.

vailpass
02-13-2012, 02:38 PM
No not at all.

Then start.

FAX
02-13-2012, 02:41 PM
It's aliens. They use our phones at night while they're probing us.

The bastards.

FAX

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Just curious if anyone read the articles I linked and what you think if you did.

vailpass
02-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Just curious if anyone read the articles I linked and what you think if you did.

I can't be sure but I think I may have authored those articles.

Predarat
02-13-2012, 02:50 PM

I want to sleep text this chick:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/11/22/article-2064703-0EE6E80B00000578-615_468x286.jpg

FAX
02-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Nope. I'll have to read those later. I'm busy covering the windows with tin foil.

But, now that I think on it some more, maybe it isn't aliens after all. Maybe Pioli has hacked your phone? Or, maybe you have multiple personalities ... one of which, unfortunately, is pissed off at this chick. Or, maybe you are under surveillance by the FBI and one of the agents is jerking your chain in an attempt to get you to snap and turn yourself in.

FAX

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 02:51 PM
I want to sleep text this chick:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/11/22/article-2064703-0EE6E80B00000578-615_468x286.jpg

She won't remember it anyway. No offense.

KurtCobain
02-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Seriously though noonan, i do have a similar problem. I'll get a text at night i guess and ill casually answer it and i'm alot nicer asleep apparently than i am usually. I answer phone calls and have conversations that I'll never remember.

In fact, we can test this out. Somebody call me late tonight and we'll see what happens.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Seriously though noonan, i do have a similar problem. I'll get a text at night i guess and ill casually answer it and i'm alot nicer asleep apparently than i am usually. I answer phone calls and have conversations that I'll never remember.

In fact, we can test this out. Somebody call me late tonight and we'll see what happens.
Posted via Mobile Device

Weird. The thing that weirds me out the most though and seems to fly in the face of the two articles it that I'm not just texting random words or thoughts or jibberish, I'm having whole conversations that I don't remember.

Hey I should just openly admit to something really mental on Chiefs Planet then go on and on about it lol.

Maybe I should be studied.

lewdog
02-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Do you guys take sleeping medication?

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Do you guys take sleeping medication?

I don't. I generally have no problem sleeping. Staying awake on the other hand... heh.

Fish
02-13-2012, 03:18 PM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9956/notnowambienwalrus.gif

FAX
02-13-2012, 03:28 PM
I hate to say it, but it sounds like multiple personality disorder, to me.

Either that, or Pioli screwed up and hacked the wrong phone.

FAX

Sannyasi
02-13-2012, 03:43 PM
I hate to say it, but it sounds like multiple personality disorder, to me.

Either that, or Pioli screwed up and hacked the wrong phone.

FAX

"You really hurt my feelings last weekend, Todd."

Iowanian
02-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Lay off the lunestra and vodka tonics.....

That, or the other ex you were talking about the other day is trying to dump the competition.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Lay off the lunestra and vodka tonics.....

That, or the other ex you were talking about the other day is trying to dump the competition.

Niether. You're no help. Sigh.

vailpass
02-13-2012, 06:07 PM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9956/notnowambienwalrus.gif

ROFL

Bearcat
02-13-2012, 06:13 PM
With Android, there's an option to save so many texts per conversation, then it'll automatically delete the oldest text after that limit is reached.

And besides, if you delete them everyday or two, wouldn't they be there the next morning or whatever... unless you're also deleting them in your sleep?

Assuming you aren't initiating the conversation (that would be a lot weirder), maybe change the ring tone on your phone or put it further out of reach or even under something? Just something to take the routine out of reaching for your phone when you hear a specific noise. :shrug:

Spott
02-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Since tomorrow is Valentine's day, you should text her just after midnight tonight telling her that you love her and that you wish things were different between you two. Then go to bed and turn your phone off. When you get up in the morning, you should have some entertaining text messages on your phone.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 06:20 PM
With Android, there's an option to save so many texts per conversation, then it'll automatically delete the oldest text after that limit is reached.

And besides, if you delete them everyday or two, wouldn't they be there the next morning or whatever... unless you're also deleting them in your sleep?

Assuming you aren't initiating the conversation (that would be a lot weirder), maybe change the ring tone on your phone or put it further out of reach or even under something? Just something to take the routine out of reaching for your phone when you hear a specific noise. :shrug:

Android lol... you assume I have a fancy phone because I get it free.

Yes they would be there... the texts... the next morning... if I didn't find these issues to be present a week after I suppossedly sent them and have deleted 3-5 times since then. I don't go looking through last nights texts the next day when I wake up.

I didn't initiate the conversation either time but apparently it went on for about an hour after anything I remember.

The phone will be in a different room from now on.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Since tomorrow is Valentine's day, you should text her just after midnight tonight telling her that you love her and that you wish things were different between you two. Then go to bed and turn your phone off. When you get up in the morning, you should have some entertaining text messages on your phone.

Great suggestion. No.

lewdog
02-13-2012, 06:29 PM
I was really banking on the sleeping medication thing. Interesting man, and I have no idea why you are doing it.

Spott
02-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Great suggestion. No.

I had never heard of sleep texting until this thread, but it sure gives me a good idea of how to screw with some people. :evil:

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 07:29 PM
I had never heard of sleep texting until this thread, but it sure gives me a good idea of how to screw with some people. :evil:

I'd never heard of sleep texting until my bestestest friend told me about it this morning and showed me evidence. It's new to all of us!

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 07:30 PM
I was really banking on the sleeping medication thing. Interesting man, and I have no idea why you are doing it.

I think I'm just insane... or at least imbalanced...... sah-weet.

Easy 6
02-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Yeah think I'll do that.

Sounds like a sound idea.

Texting while sleeping sounds a bit farfetched, Occams Razor definitely applies here, imo.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Sounds like a sound idea.

Texting while sleeping sounds a bit farfetched, Occams Razor definitely applies here, imo.

Did you ever listen to my damn show like I asked? Was I that bad?

KurtCobain
02-13-2012, 07:52 PM
I want the month of febuary back from the blacks so it can be sleep texting awareness month.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
02-13-2012, 07:53 PM
I sleep post all the time. I'm doing it now. Fuck you, drnoonanbeerme. If you don't wanna hook up, fuck you in the ass.
All you people are pricks. Gragglebalegaha!zzZzzzzZzzz
Posted via Mobile Device

KurtCobain
02-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Gonzo is intolerant. I really don't find it funny to poke fun at such a sensitive subject.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave Lane
02-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Ambien?

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 08:02 PM
I sleep post all the time. I'm doing it now. **** you, drnoonanbeerme. If you don't wanna hook up, **** you in the ass.
All you people are pricks. Gragglebalegaha!zzZzzzzZzzz
Posted via Mobile Device

Lump is really more my type.......

OH NO HE DIN'T!!!!!!!!

KurtCobain
02-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Omg! I bet beer was asleep when he wrote that about lumpy!!! Somebody please heeeeelp uss!!
Posted via Mobile Device

listopencil
02-13-2012, 08:21 PM
beer me is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OtRFsvPrMVs/TbvKVZsqUBI/AAAAAAAACBQ/2hWV-NKgBdo/s1600/queen+of+diamonds3.jpg

Easy 6
02-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Did you ever listen to my damn show like I asked? Was I that bad?

Dude, i havent caught the show... 50+ hours a week i'm at work where we listen to nothing but Sirius, the rest of the time i'm at home with a small sony system thats an missing antenna, no way it'll pick up Quincy.

B, bu, but (seriously)... wait... yeah, i just had an idea... not sure why i didnt think of it sooner, tell me when you're on & i'll check it on online.

I really am technologically backwards in a lot of ways, i often dont think of these simple solutions :shake:... a tv is a tv, a radio is for radio & a computer? wait, ya mean i can listen to the radio on it? lol

WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Dude, i havent caught the show... 50+ hours a week i'm at work where we listen to nothing but Sirius, the rest of the time i'm at home with a small sony system thats an missing antenna, no way it'll pick up Quincy.

B, bu, but (seriously)... wait... yeah, i just had an idea... not sure why i didnt think of it sooner, tell me when you're on & i'll check it on online.

I really am technologically backwards in a lot of ways, i often dont think of these simple solutions :shake:... a tv is a tv, a radio is for radio & a computer? wait, ya mean i can listen to the radio on it? lol

WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!

We'll be online next month... I'll let you know.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 08:28 PM
beer me is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OtRFsvPrMVs/TbvKVZsqUBI/AAAAAAAACBQ/2hWV-NKgBdo/s1600/queen+of+diamonds3.jpg

Thats not a compliment so much... lol

Gonzo
02-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Gonzo is intolerant. I really don't find it funny to poke fun at such a sensitive subject.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, yeah...
I'm such an asshole.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Yeah, yeah...
I'm such an asshole.
Posted via Mobile Device

Asshole. Why do you have to be be so intolerant?

KurtCobain
02-13-2012, 08:50 PM
The biggest problem is I know this guy that always wants to trade things. I usually best him in our deals, but he calls late at night when Im out because he knows he can jew me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
02-13-2012, 09:21 PM
The biggest problem is I know this guy that always wants to trade things. I usually best him in our deals, but he calls late at night when Im out because he knows he can jew me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Lumpy's Jewish...
You best nix that shit you intolerant bastard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-13-2012, 09:39 PM
I haven't really gotten the answers I hoped for in this thread. Could it be that a bunch of numbskull football site posters don't have all the answers? Dammit.

cumuluv
02-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Ambien can really fuck you up!!

ghak99
02-13-2012, 10:15 PM
I didn't read your links, but I have a few contacts in my phone with a "special" ringtone so I know it's someone I want to get back with quickly. There has been a few times I've woke up the next morning remembering answering a text from the ringtone, but the only thing I normally remember is the screen being so bright my eyes nearly exploded.

The four times I know it's happened, I was much nicer in my sleep than I would have normally been and my texts resembled some form of hood rat slang. More than once the texting went on for close to an hour. I'm not on any medication, nor was I intoxicated the nights I know it's happened.

Lumpy
02-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Lumpy's Jewish...
You best nix that shit you intolerant bastard.
Posted via Mobile Device

No, damn it, I'm a Jewish cowboy! :mad:

Sorry you can't get the answers here, beernoonandrfeverme, (<--- I like this name better, btw). :D This is actually an interesting topic. I've never sent texts in my sleep, (mainly because I rarely text anyone). However, I did wake myself up this morning because I was talking in my sleep. In my dream, I was in an argument w/ someone that worked for me and I woke up saying, "excuse me?!". LMAO

RustShack
02-14-2012, 12:15 AM
I've only responded to a text in my sleep once.

There was one time I was super drunk and went to bed and turns out I got up and did a lot of shit.. including answering my phone but they say I wasn't really talking just kinda zombie talking and handed my phone to someone else lol.

AustinChief
02-14-2012, 02:33 AM
No, damn it, I'm a Jewish cowboy! :mad:

Always remember, only two kinds of people can get away with wearing their hats indoors: cowboys and Jews. Try to be one of them.
Lucky for you, you are both!

HoneyBadger
02-14-2012, 02:43 AM
I think she's making it all up. Maybe you got her pregnant....

MagicHef
02-14-2012, 04:38 AM
Does she know that you delete all your old texts?

Does it seem odd to you that she waited so long to confront you about it?

Holladay
02-14-2012, 05:20 AM
why do people text? Only one reason I can think of...you don't have time to call. You want to get the message to someone and are self righteous that you don't have time for a quick phone call and or self fullfill that they don't have time to receive your lame phone call in the first place.

My daughter texts 24/7. Asked her why, told them what TV show I was watching????

I don't get it...if I want to talk...use the phone. Or smoke signals.

Can understand in some cases for business related issues, no time to call. But that's bout it.

BTW Im old.

Amnorix
02-14-2012, 09:10 AM
why do people text? Only one reason I can think of...you don't have time to call. You want to get the message to someone and are self righteous that you don't have time for a quick phone call and or self fullfill that they don't have time to receive your lame phone call in the first place.

My daughter texts 24/7. Asked her why, told them what TV show I was watching????

Can understand in some cases for business related issues, no time to call. But that's bout it.

BTW Im old.

It's a generational thing. I won't go into details, but I was once "in the middle" of two people texting when I literally could've just moved a little bit and then they could've had a face-to-face conversation. But, being teenagers, they were like "why would we do that?"

I fear for our future...

Holladay
02-14-2012, 01:58 PM
and the english language

ghak99
02-14-2012, 02:01 PM

BTW Im old.

I text certain people because I DO NOT want to talk to them. A simple yes/no question turns into a 15 minute conversation about who's doing who... Like I give a shit.

I text other people who I know are too busy to take my call. I know they'll get the text when they get it and will reply when they have the time and tools in front of them to get the answer. They normally expect the same from me.

Other texts are too hard to describe in words and a picture turns a cluster of a conversation into a quick and easy description. On multiple occasions I've gotten off the phone with a parts guy to take a picture of a machine's identification plate and the part so they can track down the numbers, id the part, and call back with the price, location, and delivery info. The younger parts guys are running circles around the older guys using texts to eliminate confusing discussions, ID errors, and travel time to machines.

I coached a competitive adult slow pitch softball team last summer. Calling 11-15 players who have kids, jobs, college classes, and busy lives in general for games twice a week is nearly impossible. Sending a single text to 11-15 players all at once at noon on game day takes a whole 10 seconds. Within an hour or two everyone has replied and the lineup is set and/or subs have been found for the 6 o'clock game without anyone having to play 10 person phone tag all afternoon.

On several occasions I've been on the side of a mountain with traces of reception for a couple weeks. Getting a text out requires much less reception than a phone call.

Unless it was a vagina invitation, I'd smack someone if they sent me a text from the other end of the couch. Texts can be an efficient tool, but this younger generation's "I jus put a $ n tha machn, wut pop shud I get?" mentality annoys the hell out of me.... and I'm not old yet!

listopencil
02-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I agree with ghak. I use texts like mini e-mails.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-14-2012, 02:19 PM
why do people text?

I prefer it over calling 15 different people every day.

I don't really care for talking on the phone.

often you just need a simple, quick response to something and a call isn't needed

it free's you up to do other things more than a phone call does imo. For instance I can have a text convo for a long time and still do whatever else I'm doing without holding a phone to my ear the whole time.... I hate speaker phone.

you often draw out conversations via text with long gaps between messages because something else wil pop into your head that you want to say or ask.

I actually find it quicker and easier than almost any phone call. We don't have to go through the hi how ya doing process... you get to the point

There's a few reasons for me.

Johnny Vegas
02-14-2012, 02:25 PM

BTW Im old.

blame mySpace. blame Facebook. blame twitter. blame youtube. blame the internet.

ModSocks
02-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Ok, so the only thing i've learned from this thread is that I should mix Ambien and Vodka for a wicked good time.

I love CP.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Ok, so the only thing i've learned from this thread is that I should mix Ambien and Vodka for a wicked good time.

I love CP.

And not to sleep with your phone next to the bed.