PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Clash of the Sitcoms: Round 6, Heat 2.

Rain Man
02-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Same as Heat 1. I give you four, you give me two. Two as in toof.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sXjLo12Cvuc/TYiIaQOE0tI/AAAAAAAAA5M/Y7yTYFRFsXQ/s1600/one%2Btooth.jpg

Bwana
02-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Nice tooth!

mnchiefsguy
02-13-2012, 01:21 PM
In.

Predarat
02-13-2012, 01:22 PM
In before the poll.

Rain Man
02-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Tough call on this one. My thoughts:

#1 - Friends. I'm voting for this just so I look like a tough guy.

#2 - MASH. My gut reaction was to go with Night Court, but in the end I think the acting was better on MASH and they did a better job of getting us to know the characters as people.

Didn't make the cut.

#3 - Night Court. I hated not voting for it, but I had no choice. Tough call.

#4 - All in the Family. Argue, argue, argue.

Garcia Bronco
02-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Hated MASH, but I know millions love it.

Went with NC and Friends.

WV
02-13-2012, 01:26 PM
If Friends beats M*A*S*H and All in the Family....:mad: What a horrible abomination of a sissy show.

Gadzooks
02-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Dang Rainman, you confused me on how many I could select cause she's only got 1 tooth.

Micjones
02-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Sadly, Cheers will win the whole thing.
So I'm just going through the motions with the voting.

AITF and NC.

Predarat
02-13-2012, 01:33 PM
I would rather watch Herm, Jimmy Raye, and Grbac run a two-minute drill than watch friends. Go MASH and Night Court!

Rain Man
02-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Dang Rainman, you confused me on how many I could select cause she's only got 1 tooth.

My apologies, and I can see the confusion. Vote for teef. It just sounds like toof.

http://www.design-africa.com/african-photos/AH-009/AH-009d.jpg

Old Dog
02-13-2012, 01:34 PM
M*A*S*H and All in the Family

Sofa King
02-13-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm not voting for anything until i see a cartoon option.

Rain Man
02-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Everyone's afraid to say they're fans of Friends, but it's getting lots of votes. Come out of the shadows, Friends fans! We are large in number and powerful in votes! Do not be afraid to claim your fanhood! Let's talk about the show we love.

Dartgod
02-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Ruh-roh

Sofa King
02-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Everyone's afraid to say they're fans of Friends, but it's getting lots of votes. Come out of the shadows, Friends fans! We are large in number and powerful in votes! Do not be afraid to claim your fanhood! Let's talk about the show we love.

Friends was ok. I saw more episodes of Friends than i did All in the Family.

WV
02-13-2012, 02:10 PM

Friends had some eye candy, but it was clearly a chick show.

BigMeatballDave
02-13-2012, 02:10 PM

I watched it thru all 10 seasons. I really liked it.

Sofa King
02-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Friends had some eye candy, but it was clearly a chick show.

Ruh-Roh!

Omaha
02-13-2012, 03:43 PM
WTF happened to ALF?

Predarat
02-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Night Court is too damn funny, I need to find some re runs of it.

Amnorix
02-13-2012, 04:35 PM
MASH, obviously, but Friends versus Night Court is BRUTAL I tell ya.

I really liked Friends, and I'm not ashamed to admit it, but I think Night Court had more laugh out loud type moments. Plus, Markie Post versus either Aniston or Cox -- I would probably take Markie to be honest. Post was cute and smokin' hot.

http://www.quotesby.co.uk/celeb_images/full/M/Markie_Post.jpg

But yeah, Selma versus whoever is left, that's not a win for NC.

When all is said and done, I decided that if I was forced to live on a desert island with nothing to do for the rest of my life but watch one of these two shows, it'd be Night Court over Friends, so that's what I went with.

crazycoffey
02-13-2012, 04:39 PM

We were on a break!!!!!

I watched it, enjoyed it, but no way it beats out NC and MASH on my personal favorites list.

suzzer99
02-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Had to pick Friends. But it's a dead heat between All in the Family and MASH for me. I broke the tie with All in the Family because Alan Alda is a cheeseball.

scho63
02-13-2012, 05:15 PM
M*A*S*H and All in the Family

:clap:

Too many of the youngsters voting here didn't get to see this show

crazycoffey
02-13-2012, 05:22 PM
:clap:

Too many of the youngsters voting here didn't get to see this show

Archie was the original al bundy

Predarat
02-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Hard to go against Night Court. Hope the Night Crew can put it through!

http://sharetv.org/images/night_court-show.jpg

KC_Connection
02-13-2012, 07:28 PM
It's a decent show, but not good enough to win out of this group.

patteeu
02-13-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm not old enough to remember Friends, but I voted for it and M*A*S*H anyway.

hometeam
02-13-2012, 09:14 PM
cant believe this. CP has poor taste in sitcoms.

Pitt Gorilla
02-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Night Court.

DomerNKC
02-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Friends is top 5 material.

Rain Man
02-13-2012, 09:37 PM
It could be Friends' day, their month, or even their year. Friends and MASH move on, while Harry adjourns and Archie stifles.

Amnorix
02-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Is there a mercy round? If so Night Court could be a favorite in that heat...

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2012, 12:28 AM
cant believe this. CP has poor taste in sitcoms.

I really dislike these posts.
Just because it doesn't suit your taste doesn't mean this place, as a whole, is taste challenged.

cosmo20002
02-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Jeebus freaking crap--
Listen, Friends sucks. It was horrible. Yippee, it had a monkey on it. Hilarious. The dumb blonde girl sang a song about smelly cats. What a riot. It went from just lame humor to a just a lame chick show about Rachel and Ross whining about each other. Most overrated show in history. Not the worst in history, but the most overrated in terms of quality vs apparent popularity.

Then you have MASH and All In the Family, two of the greatest shows of all time, especially Family. Funny and groundbreaking. It is still hilarious today and amazing what they could get away with back then.

Voting for Friends over either of these two either means you've never seen them, you are female, or that you are just a moron.

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Jeebus freaking crap--
Listen, Friends sucks. It was horrible. Yippee, it had a monkey on it. Hilarious. The dumb blonde girl sang a song about smelly cats. What a riot. It went from just lame humor to a just a lame chick show about Rachel and Ross whining about each other. Most overrated show in history. Not the worst in history, but the most overrated in terms of quality vs apparent popularity.

Then you have MASH and All In the Family, two of the greatest shows of all time, especially Family. Funny and groundbreaking. It is still hilarious today and amazing what they could get away with back then.

Voting for Friends over either of these two either means you've never seen them, you are female, or that you are just a moron.

LMAO cry much?

cosmo20002
02-14-2012, 01:11 AM
LMAO cry much?

Only when I see a horrible injustice.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2012, 01:29 AM
Wow. Night Court is winning by 3 votes now, and this poll was called less than 12 hours after it started. Rain Man must REALLY like Friends.

crazycoffey
02-14-2012, 01:34 AM
yeah, calling bs

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2012, 05:18 AM
Night Court should move on.

I'm thinking these polls should be locked at a certain time. 12 hrs, whatever.

Omaha
02-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Jeebus freaking crap--

Can't it just mean that we identify with Chandler's sense of humor?

Amnorix
02-14-2012, 08:39 AM

Christ get over yourself. I saw both, I'm not female and I'm not a moron. All in the Family was a very good show. I voted for it in the early rounds. But my ultimate test here is "if I was forced to live on a desert island and could only watch one of these shows the rest of my life which one would I pick?" And you know what -- that kind of bigoted humor and excessive stereotyping and all that can definitely be funny, but it can also get very old. Edith the poor, dumb, abused housewife, Meathead the son-in-law, Archie the asshole.

For the rest of my life...

No thanks. I'd rather fap to Aniston and Cox and laugh at Joey and Chandler while mostly pretending that Ross and Phoebe didn't exist. Thanks all the same.