PDA

View Full Version : Football Peyton interested in Texans

malachi47000
02-14-2012, 07:18 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/13/report-peyton-may-be-interested-in-playing-for-the-texans/

Here’s the latest, from Bob Allen of KTRK-TV in Houston: “Someone I know who is close friends with the Manning family says Peyton is definitely interested in possibly coming to the Texans. Peyton will be released by the Colts early next month and will be a free agent. The person who knows the Mannings says Peyton wants to play on a team that has a chance of going to a Super Bowl, and the Texans fit that description.”

Am I missing something? Chiefs have all the tools in place (minus a couple O-Line pieces) to make a run as well...not to mention the most amount of cap space to fulfill the monster contract it will take to get him.

BigRock
02-14-2012, 07:20 AM
Am I missing something? Chiefs have all the tools in place (minus a couple O-Line pieces) to make a run as well...not to mention the most amount of cap space to fulfill the monster contract it will take to get him.
Someone I know who is close friends with the Manning family says Peyton is definitely interested in possibly coming to the Chiefs.

Phobia
02-14-2012, 07:25 AM
I presume PM will be interested in one of 31 NFL franchises willing to write him a $30,000,000 paycheck.

Deberg_1990
02-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Doesnt Manning want to be a starter?

I guess considering Schaubs injury history, he would be eventually there....

InChiefsHeaven
02-14-2012, 07:36 AM
This is all a smokescreen. He's coming to KC. Mark it down. It's all part of Pioli's master plan.

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 07:37 AM
I don't know that the Chiefs are closer to being a Super Bowl contender than the Texans. I think people are overestimating us a bit.

That being said, this is shaping up to be Favre, Part 2. Who is going to play the role of the Jets, allowing Manning to play there a year before moving on to one of the Colts' biggest division rivals?

beach tribe
02-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Someone I know who is close friends with the Manning family says Peyton is definitely interested in possibly coming to the Chiefs.

Dude, seriously?

Seriously.

Seriously?

In58men
02-14-2012, 07:39 AM
We should bring Schaub in if that happens.

I'm game

lostcause
02-14-2012, 07:54 AM
I heard Peyton was shopping for a house in North Independence. Just what I heard.

InChiefsHeaven
02-14-2012, 08:06 AM
My sister knows a friend who has a nephew with a fiancee in real estate who saw Archie Manning eating at Arthur Bryant's yesterday.

BigRichard
02-14-2012, 08:12 AM
My sister knows a friend who has a nephew with a fiancee in real estate who saw Archie Manning eating at Arthur Bryant's yesterday.

How serious is it?

bevischief
02-14-2012, 08:16 AM
How serious is it?

bbq serious.

KC_Lee
02-14-2012, 08:31 AM
I don't know that the Chiefs are closer to being a Super Bowl contender than the Texans. I think people are overestimating us a bit.

That being said, this is shaping up to be Favre, Part 2. Who is going to play the role of the Jets, allowing Manning to play there a year before moving on to one of the Colts' biggest division rivals?

I thought that Farve was traded to the Jets. Could be wrong, my memory is not what it once was.

WV
02-14-2012, 08:37 AM
We'll get Peyton's helmet paint it red and stick it on Casshole. Then hope through osmosis it makes him more like Peyton. Its all Clark can afford you know.

J Diddy
02-14-2012, 08:41 AM
I heard that someone saw him at KCI.

Easy 6
02-14-2012, 08:46 AM
How serious is it?

Very serious.

Peyton has a brain tumor on his liver.

Molitoth
02-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Peyton knows that Cassel is the starter here, so he isn't going to bother wasting his time in negotiations with Pioli.

otherstar
02-14-2012, 09:07 AM

The Texans are MUCH close to contending for a SB than the Chiefs. The Texans DID something (with a 3-string QB no less) that the Chiefs haven't done in 18 years: they won a fricking playoff game....:p

tk13
02-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Texans defense is legit. They were top 5 across the board and that was without Mario Williams. Then you'd have Foster in the backfield and Andre Johnson at wideout. I think the Texans could've won the AFC if they'd stayed healthy. It would make sense.
Posted via Mobile Device

KurtCobain
02-14-2012, 09:12 AM
He's at my house right now having a late breakfast with my wife.
Posted via Mobile Device

Imon Yourside
02-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Just got off the phone with Peytons grandma, mark it down.

Brock
02-14-2012, 09:37 AM
That's fine, give me Matt Schaub.

Sofa King
02-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Just got off the phone with Peytons grandma, mark it down.

How is Ethel?

otherstar
02-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Texans defense is legit. They were top 5 across the board and that was without Mario Williams. Then you'd have Foster in the backfield and Andre Johnson at wideout. I think the Texans could've won the AFC if they'd stayed healthy. It would make sense.
Posted via Mobile Device

I totally agree on that.

Here's the latest from Houston Sportswriter/NFL guru, John McClain:

John McClain @McClain_on_NFL
And forget about anything involving Peyton Manning coming to the Texans.

The Texans are cap-strapped. There's no way they can afford Manning, and keep other key free agents.

CoMoChief
02-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Saw Peyton Manning at the Overland Park Best Buy last night. He was in the CD section. I passed by him and said "Go Chiefs!" and he was wearing a red sweatshirt and winked at me w/ a thumbs up. I think he's ready to go.

Rain Man
02-14-2012, 11:24 AM
I knew that Matt Schaub was hurt, but I didn't know that he had apparently died.

whoman69
02-14-2012, 11:25 AM
This can't be anything more than a smokescreen.

Do you believe the national media thinks the Chiefs aren't in the hunt because

A. The owner is too cheap?
B. They are satisfied with Cassel?
C. The GM doesn't let any information slip?
D. All of the above

Phobia
02-14-2012, 11:26 AM
At least if he signs there we can start accurately using the "Everything is bigger in Texas" saying again with regard to his forehead.

Phobia
02-14-2012, 11:27 AM
the Chiefs aren't in the hunt because

of the Hunt.

Rain Man
02-14-2012, 11:29 AM
I bet he told the Texans, "If you don't sign me, I'm going to kick your *** for the previous ten years."

Aries Walker
02-14-2012, 11:32 AM
I still think Peyton's staying in Indy, but if they've got to trade him, Houston's fine with me. They're not a divisional rival to us, and that would give us a shot at Matt Schaub.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if we then signed T.J. Yates to ten years and about 25 mill, making him our latest QB of the future for three months.

Skyy God
02-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Assuming Peyton's source leaked this info, what a d-bag for expressing interest in a team with an entrenched starter.

Brock
02-14-2012, 11:37 AM

D. All of the above

Because there's no interest from either direction, probably.

Coogs
02-14-2012, 11:37 AM
but if they've got to trade him

:facepalm:

The Franchise
02-14-2012, 11:48 AM
I still think Peyton's staying in Indy, but if they've got to trade him, Houston's fine with me. They're not a divisional rival to us, and that would give us a shot at Matt Schaub.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if we then signed T.J. Yates to ten years and about 25 mill, making him our latest QB of the future for three months.

Manning IS NOT GETTING TRADED.

Rain Man
02-14-2012, 11:56 AM

D. All of the above

We have a starter who was in the pro bowl two years ago. We already have a pro bowl quarterback, and he even vaguely smells like Tom Brady's cologne.

Rooster
02-14-2012, 11:58 AM
We have a starter who was in the pro bowl two years ago. We already have a pro bowl quarterback, and he even vaguely smells like Tom Brady's cologne.

MMMM Brut...

loochy
02-14-2012, 12:21 PM
I saw Manning at Bannister Mall the other day. He was at Jones Store Co. buying a Chiefs Starter jacket and some white, red, and yellow Reebok Pumps. He's coming here fellas!

Mr. Laz
02-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Assuming Peyton's source leaked this info, what a d-bag for expressing interest in a team with an entrenched starter.
kinda what i was thinking

not much respect from Schaub IF it did come from the Manning family

crazycoffey
02-14-2012, 12:26 PM

You gotta admit, the chiefs are pretty much underestimated, League wide....

Mr. Laz
02-14-2012, 12:28 PM
link?

J Diddy
02-14-2012, 12:29 PM

I don't think anybody would overestimate them considering how the season started.

ForeverChiefs58
02-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Chiefs hire a guy with connections to Peyton Manning

With the status of Peyton Manning undecided in Indy and most teams not currently having a quarterback who plays as well as Peyton when healthy, the arrival of employees with connections to Peyton Manning at a new team will trigger natural speculation as to whether that team hopes to lure Peyton to town.

Case in point: The Chiefs have hired former Colts assistant offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter.

Cooter, who will work as an offensive quality control coach, spent the last three years with the Colts. He also played quarterback at Tennessee, like Manning once did.

None of this means that the Chiefs will be in play for Peyton. But if they are, and if they get him, there will be at least one familiar face to greet him.

Cooter is one of five new arrivals to the staff announced by the Chiefs on Tuesday, including offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, offensive line coach Jack Bicknell, Jr., special teams coordinator Tom McMahon, and special teams quality control coach Derius Swinton.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/14/chiefs-hire-a-guy-with-connections-to-peyton-manning/

loochy
02-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Jim Bob Cooter

ROFLROFLROFL

Who will they hire next? Johnny Ray Donger?

crazycoffey
02-14-2012, 12:56 PM
link?

There isn't one, that's my point....

mikeyis4dcats.
02-14-2012, 01:04 PM
He bought a house in O-Lathe!

ChiefsCountry
02-14-2012, 01:06 PM
We should bring Schaub in if that happens.

I'm game

No we shouldn't Schaub isn't the guy to take us anywhere.

Raiderhater
02-14-2012, 01:11 PM
There isn't one, that's my point....

LMAO

Inspector
02-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Oh wow, looking out my window and see Peyton being hauled around in a trailer going down 63rd street.

Oh wait, that's Warpaint.

Nevermind.

Aries Walker
02-15-2012, 06:37 AM
Manning IS NOT GETTING TRADED.
My humblest apologies for mistyping a single word.

Thig Lyfe
03-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Haven't heard anything about the Texans since this thread. Chiefs gotta be in the lead.