PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Greatest SNL Cast Member Round 2 Heat 1

whoman69
02-21-2012, 09:30 AM
We're going to whittle this down to the biggest stars of SNL. This round we'll take it down to the top 25. Select 4 There will be 5 heats in this round plus a winback.

Sofa King
02-21-2012, 09:50 AM
I selected Chris Farley.

And that's it.

Ebolapox
02-21-2012, 09:53 AM
how does tina fey have more votes than (mike myers, gilda radner, andy samberg, cheri oteri)? she's COMPLETELY overrated.

whoman69
02-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Joe Pisopo- Probably going to be forgotten this round, but was one of only 2 cast members retained when the whole cast was gutted. Had some great impersonations, especially Frank Sinatra. I loved the Whiners too.

Mike Myers- Waynes World, party down, excellent. Linda Richman, I'm feeling kerflempt.

Gilda Radner- Baba Wawa, Roseanne Rosannadana, Emily Litella. Never mind. Bitch! She was in the first ever SNL skit.

Sofa King
02-21-2012, 10:25 AM
how does tina fey have more votes than (mike myers, gilda radner, andy samberg, cheri oteri)? she's COMPLETELY overrated.

Because she's hot and people want to fuck her so they vote for her in this anonymous poll.

Rain Man
02-21-2012, 10:32 AM
1. Tina Fey
2. Mike Myers
3. Joe Piscopo
4. Chris Farley

Rain Man
02-21-2012, 10:33 AM
If you don't like Tina Fey, go find a smart person and sit next to them when she's on. Laugh when they do, and no one will know that you don't understand.

(And the "wanna **** her" reason is also partially valid.)

Bump
02-21-2012, 11:58 AM

retard statement is retarded

whoman69
02-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Because she's hot and people want to **** her so they vote for her in this anonymous poll.

Is that only when she is Sarah Palin?

Ebolapox
02-21-2012, 02:54 PM
If you don't like Tina Fey, go find a smart person and sit next to them when she's on. Laugh when they do, and no one will know that you don't understand.

(And the "wanna **** her" reason is also partially valid.)

so, you're telling me that it's not possible to be intelligent and not like her comedy? I abhor her because she's smug. she's made her name as a writer, supposedly--I just don't see it. as head writer of SNL, she was blessed with a great cast and one of the best of all-time (will ferrell), yet the show floundered. why? you'd think that somebody with talent as a writer could get more out of that cast. alas, she didn't.

I understand completely--tina fey is completely overrated. you know who really 'gets' her? neo-post feminists who watch american idol. is that what you are, kevin? you're better than that, man. she tries to come off as clever, but she's simply trying too hard.

Ebolapox
02-21-2012, 02:55 PM
retard statement is retarded

coming from you, that's rather rich. nobody with that avatar and your posting history has any room to call anything retarded, man.

Rain Man
02-21-2012, 03:07 PM
so, you're telling me that it's not possible to be intelligent and not like her comedy? I abhor her because she's smug. she's made her name as a writer, supposedly--I just don't see it. as head writer of SNL, she was blessed with a great cast and one of the best of all-time (will ferrell), yet the show floundered. why? you'd think that somebody with talent as a writer could get more out of that cast. alas, she didn't.

I understand completely--tina fey is completely overrated. you know who really 'gets' her? neo-post feminists who watch american idol. is that what you are, kevin? you're better than that, man. she tries to come off as clever, but she's simply trying too hard.

Will Ferrell is overrated. Tina Fey pulled every ounce of talent out of him and helped make him a star. (I'm making that up, by the way. I have no idea.) And I think Tina Fey is popular beyond the neo-post feminist set, but I'm not sure since that's the group that I tend to hang out with.

(And ever since the Big Bang Theory discussion, it's fun to pretend that people who don't like a particular show or comedian aren't smart enough to get it.)

Ebolapox
02-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Will Ferrell is overrated. Tina Fey pulled every ounce of talent out of him and helped make him a star. (I'm making that up, by the way. I have no idea.) And I think Tina Fey is popular beyond the neo-post feminist set, but I'm not sure since that's the group that I tend to hang out with.

it's funny, IMDB.com doesn't have fey listed with a writing credit on any of will ferrell's highly grossing movies. I'm going to go out on a limb and give the guy a little credit as a good comedic actor; have you ever seen his SNL tryout? he was hilarious before he even met tina fey.

Rain Man
02-21-2012, 03:58 PM
it's funny, IMDB.com doesn't have fey listed with a writing credit on any of will ferrell's highly grossing movies. I'm going to go out on a limb and give the guy a little credit as a good comedic actor; have you ever seen his SNL tryout? he was hilarious before he even met tina fey.

All kidding aside, other people must see something I don't in Will Ferrell. I thought he was fine in SNL. Not the best ever, but fine. But his movies have no interest to me whatsoever. I watched about 20 minutes of Anchorman and then decided that I would rather turn it off and look at the screen. (I don't know what else to do besides watch television.) His movies just seem banal to me.

For that matter, I loved Tina Fey's newscasts, and I like 30 Rock, but there are times in 30 Rock, not infrequently, that I think, "They're trying too hard here."

When I think of SNL as a launch pad for success, I think about Eddie Murphy before he turned white and Bill Murray. Amy Poehler's TV show is very good, too. But most of the SNL alumni seems to slog slowly to a stop after leaving SNL.

oldman
02-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Are you seious? Cheri Oteri, Samberg, and freakin' Joe Pispaco (really) over Newman? I guess most of you have never seen the classic Miles Copperswhait series with Eric Idle. Borders on Festrunk Bros, Samuari, and NPR for real stuff. Check out the see-thru on Newman on the pirate one.

Ebolapox
02-21-2012, 06:24 PM
All kidding aside, other people must see something I don't in Will Ferrell. I thought he was fine in SNL. Not the best ever, but fine. But his movies have no interest to me whatsoever. I watched about 20 minutes of Anchorman and then decided that I would rather turn it off and look at the screen. (I don't know what else to do besides watch television.) His movies just seem banal to me.

For that matter, I loved Tina Fey's newscasts, and I like 30 Rock, but there are times in 30 Rock, not infrequently, that I think, "They're trying too hard here."

When I think of SNL as a launch pad for success, I think about Eddie Murphy before he turned white and Bill Murray. Amy Poehler's TV show is very good, too. But most of the SNL alumni seems to slog slowly to a stop after leaving SNL.

he's certainly not for everybody, that's for sure. if this was a facebook post, I'd click 'like.'

whoman69
02-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Barring a comeback we have a pretty clear 4 out of this group.

Myers
Farley
Radner
Fay

Keep voting as the next highest will join the winback round.

whoman69
02-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Bump for the night crew. We'll get the second half of this round out tomorrow. Keep voting.

whoman69
02-22-2012, 07:24 AM
This heat is official. Moving on are:

Chris Farley
Mike Myers
Tina Fay
Gilda Radner