PDA

View Full Version : Football Jimmy Clausen is candidate for release

Okie_Apparition
02-22-2012, 10:51 AM
If Q, too bad

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 22, 2012, 11:32 AM EST

APThe Panthers spent a boatload of money in free agency last year, and the bill has come due. While the team doesn’t have many key players to re-sign, Carolina needs to shed a lot of salary before the start of the new league year.

One candidate to be released, according to the Charlotte Observer, is Jimmy Clausen. The former quarterback of the future in Carolina was the No. 3 quarterback of the present behind Cam Newton and Derek Anderson in 2011.

He’s due a roster bonus of $923,000 in March, which is a lot of money for a No. 3 quarterback. It’s not crazy money if the Panthers are confident in Clausen’s ability to be a backup. Anderson is a free agent and the team could simply choose to elevate Clausen.

It will be a remarkably far fall from grace for Clausen if the Panthers let him go. Just two years ago, Clausen was viewed as a likely first round pick. He had a disastrous rookies season and was an afterthought last year. G.M. Marty Hurney may not want to admit his mistake on Clausen so soon.

If the Panthers do let Clausen go, perhaps the Broncos can sign him so he can say bad things about Tim Tebow to Mike Silver.

Hammock Parties
http://files.sharenator.com/son_i_am_disappoint_RE_OMG_MUST_SEE_WELL_SEXY_s480x600_47994_Hot_women-s480x600-203623-580.gif

Old Dog
I don't think it's a repost. I also don't think anyone outside of the Clausen family (and you apparently) cares.

MoreLemonPledge
02-22-2012, 10:53 AM
OH MY GOD WE SHOULD DRAFT HIM AT #5 FUCKING DUMBASS

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

FUCK YOU STUPID NOOB

DUMBASS

Gonzo
02-22-2012, 10:54 AM
I was right about Jimmy Clausen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Okie_Apparition
02-22-2012, 10:54 AM
He may be a Best Buy candidate

bevischief
02-22-2012, 10:57 AM
McDonalds is hiring...

Rain Man
02-22-2012, 11:01 AM
If we can't get Manning, Clausen seems like a good second choice to be our franchise quarterback.

MoreLemonPledge
02-22-2012, 11:05 AM
(to the tune of Don McLean's American Pie)

A long, long time ago...
I can still remember
How the Chiefs used to make me smile.
And I knew if Carl had his chance
He would always fill the stands
and, maybe, he'd keep Herm 'round for a while.

But Pioli made me shiver
With every promise he'd deliver.
The Patriot way was ours now;
"The Superbowl", I would vow.

I can't remember if I cried
When they started out at 0 and 5.
The draft will bring the Chiefs new pride.
The day the true fan cried.

My, my we must fix the O-Line
Grab a QB some round later
Right now Cassel's our guy.

The drafturbators all just facepalmed and sighed
Saying we should just take Clausen at five.
We should just take Clausen at five.

Did you write your own mock draft
If not then you have no room to laugh, when I say Bulaga's our guy.
There's no way we'll go QB,
Even for the great JC, Pioli will give Cassel one more try.

Well, I know that you're in love with him
'cause you saw him working in the gym.
His pro day showed his arm.
He's not arrogant, that's charm.

I was arguing with Mecca and Dane about positional value 'til I went insane
But I knew they'd call Bulaga's name the day the true fan cried. I started singin'

My, my we must fix the O-Line
Grab a QB some round later
Right now Cassel's our guy.

The drafturbators all just facepalmed and sighed
Saying we should just take Clausen at five.
We should just take Clausen at five.

trndobrd
02-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Sounds like 'competition' to me!

Reerun_KC
02-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Let the masturbation begin....

TEX
02-22-2012, 11:09 AM
I was right about Jimmy Clausen.
Posted via Mobile Device

So was anyone with common sense. Said wonders that Weis wasn't even that high on the guy...

Mr. Laz
02-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Clausen must be a serious dumbass because he has the physical skills imo.

Mr. Laz
02-22-2012, 11:12 AM
So was anyone with common sense. Said wonders that Weis wasn't even that high on the guy...
Pioli wouldn't let Weis take him/cpdoofus

The Franchise
02-22-2012, 11:16 AM
I'd sign him.

loochy
02-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Watch...this will be the competition they bring in for Castle

Sofa King
02-22-2012, 11:19 AM
I'd sign him.

Why?

1. Manning
2. RGIII
3a. Stanzi
3b. Favre

I don't see a need at QB after all these signings.

Bump
02-22-2012, 11:21 AM
didn't you guys want this dude over Eric Berry?

loochy
02-22-2012, 11:22 AM

HINDSIGHT IS 50/50

The Franchise
02-22-2012, 11:23 AM

No. I was wanting to draft Clausen if we didn't take Berry.

ILChief
02-22-2012, 11:24 AM

Well he would be an improvement

loochy
02-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Well he would be an improvement

Yeah, if they don't pull a Stanzi and actually give him a chance

Sofa King
02-22-2012, 11:25 AM

Um. That's not what you said before the draft.

I'm sick of these ****ing retreads. Hell, I'd take Clausen over Berry in a heartbeat. And I'm just your average everyday homosexual.

I rest my case.

loochy
02-22-2012, 11:26 AM

I rest my case.

BAM!!! ...you message board detective you

SPchief
02-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Ouch

BossChief
02-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Pioli wouldn't let Weis take him/cpdoofus

It's sad that you can't comprehend that Weis left because Pioli is married to Cassel.

Highly possible that Weis DID want to draft Jimmy and that was part of the falling out.

Most of us that wanted to draft Jimmy and thought he would be worth a first round pick thought so partly because of the fact Weis was coming in as our OC and had worked with JC for a few years at ND.

Charlie knew the ins and outs of the specific player better than anyone and knew what types if plays he ran well, and what didn't. He knew HOW to coach him to get the most out of him.

I'd give Jimmy a 1 year deal, but that would in no way end my search for a quarterback.

He would have to fight it out with a veteran and Ricky Stanzi to make the roster.

Who knows, maybe a dose of humility is what the kid needed.

MoreLemonPledge
02-22-2012, 11:35 AM
At least JaMarcus lasted more than one season.

listopencil
02-22-2012, 11:37 AM
(to the tune of Don McLean's American Pie)

Epic Win

Bump
02-22-2012, 11:52 AM
HINDSIGHT IS 50/50

yeah it is, but you didn't need hindsight to see that clausen would suck and Berry would be a beast.

Mr. Laz
02-22-2012, 11:55 AM

=================
Originally Posted by Pestilence *

Quote:Originally Posted by Pestilence *
I'm sick of these ****ing retreads. Hell, I'd take Clausen over Berry in a heartbeat. And I'm just your average everyday homosexual.
=====================

I rest my case.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .... snap!

Mr. Laz
02-22-2012, 11:57 AM
It's sad that you can't comprehend that Weis left because Pioli is married to Cassel.

Highly possible that Weis DID want to draft Jimmy and that was part of the falling out.

Most of us that wanted to draft Jimmy and thought he would be worth a first round pick thought so partly because of the fact Weis was coming in as our OC and had worked with JC for a few years at ND.

Charlie knew the ins and outs of the specific player better than anyone and knew what types if plays he ran well, and what didn't. He knew HOW to coach him to get the most out of him.

I'd give Jimmy a 1 year deal, but that would in no way end my search for a quarterback.

He would have to fight it out with a veteran and Ricky Stanzi to make the roster.

bullshit,bullshit

blah,blah,blah

madeup bullshit

blah,blah,blah

InChiefsHeaven
02-22-2012, 11:57 AM
I'd bring him in. I don't think he had a legit shot out in Carolina. And shit, he can't be any worse that Palko was, ffs. Bring him in and let him compete.

Okie_Apparition
02-22-2012, 11:59 AM
That search feature will burn us all

bevischief
02-22-2012, 11:59 AM

I could live with this if it happened.

RustShack
02-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Please do sign him. He's better than Stanzi and Palko. More upside than Cassel.

The Franchise
02-22-2012, 12:00 PM

I rest my case.

:hmmm:

The Franchise
02-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Please do sign him. He's better than Stanzi and Palko. More upside than Cassel.

I would be bringing in Clausen as the #3.

RustShack
02-22-2012, 12:03 PM
The dude looked bad the same year Matt Moore did. Moore looked better than that the year before and even better last year under our own Daboll. The new staff in Carolina drafted his own QB and brought in his own veteran QB he's previously worked with.

jd1020
02-22-2012, 12:04 PM
I'd sign Clausen and give him a chance to compete for a spot on the roster. He's got potential just like everyone else that the Chiefs would be looking at in this draft. The difference is he's got a little experience in the NFL, however bad it may be it's still experience.

How many rookie QBs would succeed in the NFL when they were thrown in earlier than expected and had someone acting way worse than TO/Ochocinco/Moss in his very first game?

Chiefnj2
02-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Even today Chiefs Planet comprises over 80% of the Jimmy Clausen fan club.

The Franchise
02-22-2012, 12:11 PM
His rookie highlights start at 2:38.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rNc3yqCKAIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's got the talent but he got drafted by a shitty Panthers team at the end of a coach. Newton came in the next year and ended any chance of Clausen getting reps or playing time. I would bring him in and let him compete in camp.

Okie_Apparition
02-22-2012, 12:11 PM
He failed because he wasn't drafted in the 1st round/some people belive this shit

jd1020
02-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Even today Chiefs Planet comprises over 80% of the Jimmy Clausen fan club.

Has nothing to do with being a fan of Clausen. It would be a logical signing. Clausen is 24 years old, was highly thought of coming out of college, and wouldn't have to use a draft pick on a backup/3rd string QB.

Orton has no future. Clausen may not either, but hes got a lot more time to figure shit out.

loochy
02-22-2012, 12:13 PM
So does he actually suck or was he the victim of circumstance?

jd1020
02-22-2012, 12:16 PM

Probably a little of both.

The Franchise
02-22-2012, 12:16 PM
If Pioli wants to look like he's smart.....he'd sign Clausen. He can say that Clausen and Stanzi will be competition for Cassel. If Cassel succeeds then he's a genius......if Cassel fails and Clausen succeeds....he looks like a genius.

If they all suck.....then he'll have to draft a 1st round QB.

Chiefnj2
02-22-2012, 12:17 PM

He sucks. If he were any good they'd be able to get a draft pick for him.

Epic Fail 007
02-22-2012, 12:18 PM
No worry any qb can beat cassel

The Franchise
02-22-2012, 12:19 PM

Probably a little of both.

He's got the talent.....but his motivation or maturity might be a little suspect. He was a young kid who was highly recruited in high school. He went to Notre Dame and improved every year. Then he was thought to be a sure-fire 1st round pick....and he fell into the 2nd round. I'm sure that killed his ego and probably pissed him off. Not only that....but then he goes to the Panthers who had jack shit on offense. He probably needed to sit for a year and get up to speed.

He'd be the perfect signing now because you could bring him in and let him actually learn.

-King-
02-22-2012, 12:23 PM
The same people who clamored for Clausen also thought Newton would be a big bust. http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldp3jukzHo1qb9a2wo1_500.png

The Franchise
02-22-2012, 12:23 PM
The same people who clamored for Clausen also thought Newton would be a big bust. http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldp3jukzHo1qb9a2wo1_500.png

Prove it. If I said it....I'll own up to it.....but as of right now....I'm calling bullshit.

RealSNR
02-22-2012, 12:28 PM
It's pretty funny that people want to proclaim Jimmy Clausen's NFL career dead just because he had a horrific rookie year on a shit team.

Yes, I've backed down from my support of him in the 2010 draft, but it seems pretty ridiculous to write him off as dead considering the large number of people that still anticipate "development" from a turd like Cassel.

Fish
02-22-2012, 12:30 PM
I still think Clausen has what it takes to be a QB in this league. I wouldn't mind if they brought him in.

Epic Fail 007
02-22-2012, 12:32 PM
He looked better than cassel even then http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRgGpMhNb4E

Chris Meck
02-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Prove it. If I said it....I'll own up to it.....but as of right now....I'm calling bullshit.

I said it. I thought Cam Newton would be a major bust. I thought he was Vince Young part 2-not because he's black (ya racist bastahds) but because his college game would not translate and he'd never really been asked to read defenses.

It turns out I was wrong; his college game has translated. I don't know that he's reading defenses too deeply, but his physical skills are working.

Chris Meck
02-22-2012, 12:43 PM
and yes, I'd bring Clausen in if they release him. Really early to give up on the kid.

Chiefnj2
02-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Drafting and developing QB's has got to be the hardest thing for a team to do.

Here is a link to Cam Newton at Gruden's QB camp/show. The kid couldn't recall a single Auburn play. He couldn't give Gruden one example of a play he would call in the huddle. The Panthers did an amazing job with him.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/cam-asked-whats-an-auburn-play-sound-like-29635

-King-
02-22-2012, 12:59 PM

I just remember the reaction of you guys when Carolina picked him:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244459&highlight=draft&page=18

keg in kc
02-22-2012, 01:03 PM
What could it hurt to look.

bevischief
02-22-2012, 01:04 PM
He's got the talent.....but his motivation or maturity might be a little suspect. He was a young kid who was highly recruited in high school. He went to Notre Dame and improved every year. Then he was thought to be a sure-fire 1st round pick....and he fell into the 2nd round. I'm sure that killed his ego and probably pissed him off. Not only that....but then he goes to the Panthers who had jack shit on offense. He probably needed to sit for a year and get up to speed.

He'd be the perfect signing now because you could bring him in and let him actually learn.

And he would have a qb coach as well. If the price is right bring him in. Can't be that much worse than Cassel.

milkman
02-22-2012, 01:08 PM
I wasn't sold on Clausen coming out, and nothing from his rookie season suggests that he offers anything in the way of potential.

But, as said, it costs nothing and doesn't hurt anything to kick the tires, so to speak.

whoman69
02-22-2012, 01:12 PM
standard cp response: "He's better than what we have. Bring him in for a look."

Sofa King
02-22-2012, 01:16 PM

I couldn't find much, but here you go.

I would not take Newton no 1 overall to build your franchise around.

At best he could sit like Pennington/McNair for a few years and turn out ok with jedi-like mentoring...

This (See above Post). Cam Newton needs to go later in the 1st round to a team that would allow him to sit for 2-3 years and work with a QB coach. If he goes to Carolina....he's ****ed.

And since he will go to Carolina....I hope to God they cut Jimmy Clausen. I'll take Clausen in a heartbeat. He's getting ****ed in Carolina.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7600245&postcount=500

This is all i could find to try to make you look like a dick.

HemiEd
02-22-2012, 01:24 PM

Cassel would lose, if it is even remotely fair competition.

This whole board was all frothy for Jimmy Clausen and pissed when he was passed over.

Epic Fail 007
02-22-2012, 01:31 PM
I still think Clausen has what it takes to be a QB in this league. I wouldn't mind if they brought him in.

I agree

HemiEd
02-22-2012, 01:37 PM
No worry any qb can beat cassel

That is by far the best post you have ever made on the Planet. :D

Titty Meat
02-22-2012, 01:44 PM
No Thanks

The Franchise
02-22-2012, 02:33 PM
I couldn't find much, but here you go.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7600245&postcount=500

This is all i could find to try to make you look like a dick.

Nice find. Although I dare you to find anyone who thought Newton could hit the ground running in Carolina and break all of those records.

Donger
02-22-2012, 02:47 PM
I just realized who this kid looks like: the kid from Swamp People

http://yousassinme.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/swamp-people-edwards-family.jpg

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2009/11/jimmy.jpg

Bump
02-22-2012, 02:49 PM
we can sign Clausen to back up Peyton Manning or RG3. Anything else can fuck off

Bump
02-22-2012, 02:50 PM

woah

Sofa King
02-22-2012, 03:09 PM

Nice

O.city
02-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Some are too quick to judge quarterbacks on CP. I worry that if we do ever get a rookie qb to start, he'll get blasted cause we can't be patient.

It's not always all about the talent of the player. Granted talent is alot, but a big piece comes down to the situation.

Very rarely does a qb just come into the league and blast things away from day 1 like Newton did. He dhad a great great year for a rookie. He did, if I remember correctly, struggle to throw it a little down the stretch when people started to figure him out.

It's gonna take time for any quarterback. Hell even the great Rodgers sat for 3 years and when given the chance to start took a year or two to figure out the game.

Andy Dalton is a hot qb this offseason. Would he have been any better last year in Carolina? I'm pretty sure Clausen could have done exactly what Dalton did in Cinci this year.

The guy obviously has talent. It's all about the situation and whether or not he can put it together with the right pieces around him.

Sofa King
02-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Nice find. Although I dare you to find anyone who thought Newton could hit the ground running in Carolina and break all of those records.

Didn't find anything for that. Although i found a SHITLOAD of posts from people who were very very very wrong about Cam newton.

HemiEd
02-22-2012, 03:14 PM

I bet he has a better set of teeth though. But the resemblance is uncanny.

Chiefnj2
02-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Didn't find anything for that. Although i found a SHITLOAD of posts from people who were very very very wrong about Cam newton.

Of course people were wrong about Newton. Did you see the video I posted where Gruden interviewed him and he couldn't recall a single Auburn play? He couldn't give a single example of a play he would call in the huddle. Why would any fan, who has limited access to what the kid has between his ears, come to any other conclusion after watching that video?

O.city
02-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Newton is just physically better than most.

He had a great year, but it seemed like teams figured out later in the year that you could confuse him with coverage.

Sofa King
02-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Of course people were wrong about Newton. Did you see the video I posted where Gruden interviewed him and he couldn't recall a single Auburn play? He couldn't give a single example of a play he would call in the huddle. Why would any fan, who has limited access to what the kid has between his ears, come to any other conclusion after watching that video?

I was making a statement, not a judgement. Relax chief.

TheGuardian
02-22-2012, 03:26 PM
His rookie highlights start at 2:38.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rNc3yqCKAIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's got the talent but he got drafted by a shitty Panthers team at the end of a coach. Newton came in the next year and ended any chance of Clausen getting reps or playing time. I would bring him in and let him compete in camp.

And you also said you'd take him in heartbeat over Berry.

You're a fucking moron.

HemiEd
02-22-2012, 03:28 PM

He had a great year, but it seemed like teams figured out later in the year that you could confuse him with coverage.

How would he compare to Michael Vick?

The Franchise
02-22-2012, 03:28 PM
And you also said you'd take him in heartbeat over Berry.

You're a fucking moron.

Please tell me that you're basing this off of Sofa's post.

O.city
02-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Newtons alot bigger and stronger than Vick. He's not as illusive but it's damn close.

Newton throws a better ball IMO as well.

TheGuardian
02-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Please tell me that you're basing this off of Sofa's post.

You were in there with the whole group of dumbasses that wanted to draft Clausen were you not?

I'm all for drafting a QB, but this board is ****ing stupid for it. Clausen was passed over by his former coach. That speaks VOLUMES about him as a player. But no no no, this board is ALL ABOUT drafting a QB in the first round come hell or high water. It's ****ing stupid.

Fish
02-22-2012, 03:49 PM
You were in there with the whole group of dumbasses that wanted to draft Clausen were you not?

I'm all for drafting a QB, but this board is ****ing stupid for it. Clausen was passed over by his former coach. That speaks VOLUMES about him as a player. But no no no, this board is ALL ABOUT drafting a QB in the first round come hell or high water. It's ****ing stupid.

Charlie Weis was the one choosing draft picks huh? That's interesting...

saphojunkie
02-22-2012, 03:49 PM

I'm pretty sure only one person thought that...and it was Cam Newton.

No one knows why Clausen fell to the second round. No one really knows if Weis wanted to draft him and Pioli wouldn't do it.

I do know that the QB situation in KC is dire, and there are very few guys I would categorically dismiss as potential improvements. Clausen sucked his rookie season, and then we didn't see him again. Who knows what kind of player he could be? I sure don't, but I'd be willing to find out. We aren't getting RG3 or Luck this year, so it's not like it would hurt to bring in a 24 year old who certainly has the physical tools to play QB at a high level.

The Franchise
02-22-2012, 03:53 PM

I said I wanted Berry OR Clausen you mongoloid fucking retard.

You know for sure that Weis told Pioli that he wanted nothing to do with him? Exactly.

You're the one sound like a fucking moron right now.

Sofa King
02-22-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm pretty sure only one person thought that...and it was Cam Newton.

No one knows why Clausen fell to the second round. No one really knows if Weis wanted to draft him and Pioli wouldn't do it.

I do know that the QB situation in KC is dire, and there are very few guys I would categorically dismiss as potential improvements. Clausen sucked his rookie season, and then we didn't see him again. Who knows what kind of player he could be? I sure don't, but I'd be willing to find out. We aren't getting RG3 or Luck this year, so it's not like it would hurt to bring in a 24 year old who certainly has the physical tools to play QB at a high level.

Clausen fell to the second round because he wasn't picked in the first round.

Mystery solved. You're welcome.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Some are too quick to judge quarterbacks on CP. I worry that if we do ever get a rookie qb to start, he'll get blasted cause we can't be patient.

It's not always all about the talent of the player. Granted talent is alot, but a big piece comes down to the situation.

Very rarely does a qb just come into the league and blast things away from day 1 like Newton did. He dhad a great great year for a rookie. He did, if I remember correctly, struggle to throw it a little down the stretch when people started to figure him out.

It's gonna take time for any quarterback. Hell even the great Rodgers sat for 3 years and when given the chance to start took a year or two to figure out the game.

Andy Dalton is a hot qb this offseason. Would he have been any better last year in Carolina? I'm pretty sure Clausen could have done exactly what Dalton did in Cinci this year.

The guy obviously has talent. It's all about the situation and whether or not he can put it together with the right pieces around him.

His own team is apperantly giving up on him already, so they aren't liking something behind the scenes.

durtyrute
02-22-2012, 04:06 PM
After spending some time in the "Boobs" thread, I'm a candidate for release also.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-22-2012, 04:06 PM
**** no.

There is a reason he dropped as far as he did in the draft.

The end.

Consistent1
02-22-2012, 04:07 PM

It's still not guaranteed that he will have a great career either, but he looked pretty good most of the time.

WhiteWhale
02-22-2012, 05:42 PM

Not really. You're just looking at his totals.

In his first 10 games Newton had over 30 attempts in all but one game.

In his last 6 starts he had only one game over 30 attempts. He did drop 9 TD's and only 3 Int's. They also won 4 of their last 6 games.

They were putting too much on him early and asking him to do it all by himself. I think the coaching staff dialed him back more than anyone figured him out.

RustShack
02-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Sadly what a Chiefs fan wants more than anything(besides to win a SB) is to draft a first round QB. I fear for the day that happens, because 99% of the douche bags on here will proclaim him a bust when it takes him three-five years to reach his potential. It's very normal for great QB's to have looked bad their first few years. Fans calling for said franchise QB's head isn't going to help him either a lot of the time.

TRR
02-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Clausen fell to the second round because he wasn't picked in the first round.

Mystery solved. You're welcome.

Clausen fell to the second round because he is a douche. NFL teams didn't believe in his leadership and heard rumor after rumor coming out of ND about how much Weis and the athletic department swept under the rug regarding Clausen. The kid was always at odds with teammates, was involved in several bar fights, sluffed off in practice, and came off entitled from the start.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
02-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Clausen fell to the second round because he is a douche. NFL teams didn't believe in his leadership and heard rumor after rumor coming out of ND about how much Weis and the athletic department swept under the rug regarding Clausen. The kid was always at odds with teammates, was involved in several bar fights, sluffed off in practice, and came off entitled from the start.
Posted via Mobile Device

Links?

TRR
02-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Links?

Yea let me drag those up for you...

I have a friend who works for ND. It is common knowledge regarding Clausen. He was a dick the day he landed on campus. The guy has the skills but no work ethic. He was handed a silver spoon in high school and at ND.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr_Tomahawk
02-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Panthers aren't willing to spend the extra million to keep him as a backup.

Shows what he is worth.

Nothing.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-22-2012, 06:54 PM
I HATE MATT CASSEL.

That said...Cassel > Clausen

RustShack
02-22-2012, 07:04 PM
I HATE MATT CASSEL.

That said...Cassel > Clausen

LMAO

How exactly?

Ebolapox
02-22-2012, 07:16 PM
**** no.

There is a reason he dropped as far as he did in the draft.

The end.

matt hasselback, tom brady, marc bulger, tony romo, joe montana, kurt warner, mark brunell... they must all have sucked, because they were either guys that fell past the first two rounds or went undrafted.

RustShack
02-22-2012, 07:17 PM
2010 Jimmy Clausen had a QB rating of 58.4, in that same offense Matt Moore had a QB rating of 55.6

2011 Matt Moore joins Brian Daboll in Miami and finishes with a QB rating of 87.1, Matt Cassel has a QB rating of 76.6

Think its safe to say Clausen could improve under Daboll(and Zorn), especially since we have a far better supporting cast here. The reason I threw in Cassel is because Weis/Muir/Haley/Daboll all run the Earnhart-Perkins offense.

O.city
02-22-2012, 07:22 PM
I'd rather take a chance on Henne.

RustShack
02-22-2012, 07:25 PM
2010 Jimmy Clausen had a QB rating of 58.4, in that same offense Matt Moore had a QB rating of 55.6

2011 Matt Moore joins Brian Daboll in Miami and finishes with a QB rating of 87.1, Matt Cassel has a QB rating of 76.6

Think its safe to say Clausen could improve under Daboll(and Zorn), especially since we have a far better supporting cast here. The reason I threw in Cassel is because Weis/Muir/Haley/Daboll all run the Earnhart-Perkins offense.

I'd rather take a chance on Henne.

To continue that, Chad Henne had a rating of 79.0 the same offense Moore had 87.1

So if you go off QB ratings, Clausen>Moore>Henne

jd1020
02-22-2012, 07:29 PM
To continue that, Chad Henne had a rating of 79.0 the same offense Moore had 87.1

So if you go off QB ratings, Clausen>Moore>Henne

So someone who has yet to show any evidence of actually being a NFL QB is all of a sudden the best of the 3 because he sucked slightly less than Moore in Carolina and Moore was better than Henne after Daboll got an idea of what to do in Miami, all based on QB rating?

Solid!

jd1020
02-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Moore and Henne would come to KC and challenge for the starting job because they have shown they can win in the NFL.

Clausen would come to KC and be given a chance to make the roster and then hope for injuries because he hasn't shown anything. The only thing he has going for him is his scouting report out of college and his age.

jspchief
02-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Panthers aren't willing to spend the extra million to keep him as a backup.

Shows what he is worth.

Nothing.