PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Burfict in the 2nd? Perfect?

lostcause
02-24-2012, 12:10 AM
Will Arizona State linebacker impress the Chiefs or Chargers? Arizona State’s middle linebacker Vontaze Burfict was considered a top-10 pick before the season. But after his production fell off and he had some character issues, Burfict is no longer considered a sure first rounder. I think he could help both the Chiefs and Chargers. His progress this week will be watched by these two teams.

Bill Williamson

Nabbing Vontaze in the 2nd would be fing ridiculously killer. Line him up next to DJ and our lb corps becomes monstrous.

Bump
02-24-2012, 12:11 AM
that would be ridic if we got either one in the 2nd

Demonpenz
02-24-2012, 12:12 AM
At this point just give me a guy who can tackle and cover a tight end ok. Burfict would annoy the shit out of me with his roughing and lack of coverage skills.

Quesadilla Joe
02-24-2012, 12:14 AM
I honestly think the Donks will take him at 25. Joe Mays is a free agent this year and they have nothing else at MLB. I don't think there is a better place for Burfict to land than Denver to be honest, Jack Del Rio and John Fox should be able to get the best out of him.

lostcause
02-24-2012, 12:15 AM
I honestly think the Donks will take him at 25. Joe Mays is a free agent this year and they have nothing else at MLB. I don't think there is a better place for Burfict to land than Denver to be honest, Jack Del Rio and John Fox should be able to get the best out of him.

i thought denver needed to draft a qb

BossChief
02-24-2012, 12:16 AM
Lavar Arrington 2

lostcause
02-24-2012, 12:18 AM
Lavar Arrington 2

I'd stand in line to take that in the 2nd round. And pay for popcorn.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-24-2012, 12:20 AM
I'd rather keep letting Belcher develop, but what the fuck ever. Most underrated player on the team.

MMXcalibur
02-24-2012, 12:21 AM

I imagine everyone on Denver's roster shits gold and pisses wine.

Direckshun
02-24-2012, 12:22 AM
I am of the belief that Burfict will fall to round three. Maybe four.

He's about the dumbest shit you can have on your team. He's probably a good presence in the locker room, but he's either going to play neutered (and therefore, terrible) or he's going to play unhinged and draw 15 yard penalties constantly.

He's dramatically overrated.

Direckshun
02-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Needless to say, I wouldn't touch him.

BossChief
02-24-2012, 12:26 AM
Id take him in the third round, but not before that.

Dude is a tone setter, but is untrustworthy IMO.

listopencil
02-24-2012, 12:30 AM

Everything I see says he's a head case. An undisciplined thug that ignores coaches and fucks over his team by freelancing and committing stupid penalties. No thanks.

Direckshun
02-24-2012, 12:35 AM
Everything I see says he's a head case. An undisciplined thug that ignores coaches and ****s over his team by freelancing and committing stupid penalties. No thanks.

I don't think that's an accurate read on the guy.

I think he is definitely a freelancer and has trouble sticking to the game plan when the adrenaline kicks in. I also think he has zero restraint whatsoever.

But I think he's just dumb as a post who is bored to death and hates everything except football. He invests everything he has into it, and it gets the best of him.

ModSocks
02-24-2012, 12:41 AM

He's about the dumbest shit you can have on your team. He's probably a good presence in the locker room, but he's either going to play neutered (and therefore, terrible) or he's going to play unhinged and draw 15 yard penalties constantly.

Beat me to it. That guy is in for epic slide. 2nd will likely be to high for him. He's going to be a 3rd or 4th rounder.

BossChief
02-24-2012, 12:45 AM
All it takes is one team to fall in love with you for you to be drafted in the first round, though.

Gunther would probably love to have him be the Lions pick in the first round.

MMXcalibur
02-24-2012, 01:13 AM

From what I've seen, I have to agree with this analysis.

I don't watch much college football, but I did have the TV on for some background noise during a Missouri/Arizona State Thursday nighter and can remember this doofus getting praised up and down the field by the commentators.....yet playing out of position and taking some dumbass penalties.

listopencil
02-24-2012, 01:23 AM
I don't think that's an accurate read on the guy.

I think he is definitely a freelancer and has trouble sticking to the game plan when the adrenaline kicks in. I also think he has zero restraint whatsoever.

But I think he's just dumb as a post who is bored to death and hates everything except football. He invests everything he has into it, and it gets the best of him.

Maybe so, hard to say. Is he a moron that fucks his team because he can't help it or does he just not give a shit? Six of one and half a dozen of the other.

BryanBusby
02-24-2012, 01:27 AM
Dennis Erikson was a pretty shitty coach, so I doubt they even bothered trying to get his aggressiveness under control.

Fairplay
02-24-2012, 01:28 AM

I hope Denver gets him.

htismaqe
02-24-2012, 07:00 AM
I'd rather go into the season with Belcher again than waste a pick on Burfict at this point.

RealSNR
02-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Vontaze Burfict’s rough Combine continues

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 27, 2012, 2:50 PM EST

AP
First came Mike Mayock’s strong, negative comments about Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict before the Combine.

Once Burfict got to Indianapolis, things didn’t get any better. His interviews with teams and the media were described as disastrous.

“I’m not sure any player here sparked a worse reaction than Vontaze Burfict,” writes Bruce Feldman of CBS Sports. “I wouldn’t touch him.”

“The guy is completely out of control. There’s no way you could trust him. I can’t believe they [ASU coaching staff] didn’t cut him loose,” one scout told Feldman.

Burfict cut his weight to 248 pounds before the Combine, but it didn’t help him in the forty-yard dash. He ran unofficial forty times of 4.93 and 5.10 Monday. That will draw some comparisons to Brandon Spikes two years ago, but Spikes is known as a heady, instinctive player. Burfict’s instincts have often been questioned.

Years ago, Burfict was considered a potential top-ten pick. Now he seems more likely to slide until the latter portions of the draft.

Chief_For_Life58
02-27-2012, 06:41 PM
if hes there when were picking in the 4th, id have no problem with making him a chief. Im still pretty happy with belcher starting for us. He thumps.

lewdog
02-27-2012, 06:43 PM
if hes there when were picking in the 4th, id have no problem with making him a chief. Im still pretty happy with belcher starting for us. He thumps.

I am starting to think he is like Belcher, but with less brains.

Chief_For_Life58
02-27-2012, 06:43 PM
After reading what SNR wrote after I responded, im not so sure i want him in the 4th now haha sounds like a moron

the Talking Can
02-27-2012, 06:45 PM
no thanks

O.city
02-27-2012, 06:46 PM
If you could get the guy in the 5 or 6, perfect.

Put him on special teams and let him try and demolish people. If he gets his head togethre and decides to do something on defense, fine.

Hell bring him in 5 or 6 times per game, and just let him attack the qb, rb, who the hell ever.

lewdog
After reading what SNR wrote after I responded, im not so sure i want him in the 4th now haha sounds like a moron

He is a lose cannon. Ray Lewis is a lose cannon too but he also has great instincts and a football mind. Burfict doesn't have either.

The Franchise
He is a lose cannon. Ray Lewis is a lose cannon too but he also has great instincts and a football mind. Burfict doesn't have either.

He could be a lose cannon....but what happens when he looses games?

Hammock Parties
02-27-2012, 06:49 PM
We need to draft a RB3 who can actually make someone miss in the 2nd.

Hammock Parties
02-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Does anyone think Belcher runs better than a 4.8/4.9?

beach tribe
02-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Id take him in the third round, but not before that.

Dude is a tone setter, but is untrustworthy IMO.

I don't think there's a better situation that this guy could possibly fall into than being drafted by RAC. He really seems to be able to get through to players.

Chief_For_Life58
02-27-2012, 07:04 PM
I don't think there's a better situation that this guy could possibly fall into than being drafted by RAC. He really seems to be able to get through to players.

cus hes black? u racist or something?

Saul Good
02-27-2012, 07:05 PM
He could be a lose cannon....but what happens when he looses games?

That's a loose/loose scenario.

RustShack
02-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Unless we draft like Kendricks or sign a FA, I actually think Brandon Siler might steal the starting job from Belcher.

RealSNR
02-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Unless we draft like Kendricks or sign a FA, I actually think Brandon Siler might steal the starting job from Belcher.Yeahnotgonnahappen

chiefzilla1501
02-27-2012, 07:47 PM
I'd rather keep letting Belcher develop, but what the **** ever. Most underrated player on the team.

I agree. Belcher's a good player.

But I'm always up for BPA. Always nice to have extra LBs. If our 4 ILBs were DJ, Belcher, Siler, and Burfict, that's a ridiculously deep set of ILBs.

tredadda
02-27-2012, 07:50 PM
I'll take him if he suffers a Justin Houston type of fall down the draft boards.

The Bad Guy
02-27-2012, 07:53 PM
I'd take him in the 5th. That's about it.

O.city
02-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Like I said earlier, take him in the 5th put him on special teams and let him blitz a couple times a game until he either figures it out with his head or doesn't. I'ts a 5th rounder, if he doesn't let him do, no harm no foul.

Tribal Warfare
02-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Like I said earlier, take him in the 5th put him on special teams and let him blitz a couple times a game until he either figures it out with his head or doesn't. I'ts a 5th rounder, if he doesn't let him do, no harm no foul.

Like Jared Allen way back when.

O.city
02-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Like Jared Allen way back when.

Pretty much.

He could become a nasty ass lber or a crazy headcase. If he's a 5th round pick who cares which one happens.

Look at James harrison. He's a crazy mofo. But he figured out that he had to play smart and take care of business.

The Poz
02-27-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm anxious to see Brandon Siler duke it out with Belcher for playing time along DJ.
Let the Raiders pick Buthfict and rack up them penalties.

mcaj22
02-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Unless we draft like Kendricks or sign a FA, I actually think Brandon Siler might steal the starting job from Belcher.

lol

Pasta Little Brioni
02-27-2012, 08:29 PM
lol

This place gets goofier every day.

beach tribe
02-27-2012, 09:42 PM
cus hes black? u racist or something?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TXNu2j1EuWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tombstone RJ
02-27-2012, 10:14 PM

honestly, you are a dingleberry. Ever heard of Nate Irving? Didn't think so...

Burfict is a waste of space and he probably won't get drafted until the 3rd round, at the earliest.

Quesadilla Joe
02-27-2012, 10:47 PM

Burfict is a waste of space and he probably won't get drafted until the 3rd round, at the earliest.

Apparently Burfict shit the bed at the combine, so yeah I doubt the Donks draft him in first two or three rounds.

Yeah I've heard of Nate Irving. He never got on the field last year even though Fox wanted him to be the day one starter. Fox gave a lot of rookies a lot of playing time (Moore, Carter, Harris, Franklin) and Irving still couldn't get on the field.

Tombstone RJ
02-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Apparently Burfict shit the bed at the combine, so yeah I doubt the Donks draft him in first two or three rounds.

Yeah I've heard of Nate Irving. He never got on the field last year even though Fox wanted him to be the day one starter. Fox gave a lot of rookies a lot of playing time (Moore, Carter, Harris, Franklin) and Irving still couldn't get on the field.

He was a rookie with no off season. Fox is going to give him every opportunity to succeed but they were not going to rush him. Point is, you said the Broncos have nothing behind Mays and that is wrong, they drafted Irving to play MLB.

If they draft another LBer (took 3 last year) I doubt it will be on the first day. And if they draft one on the first day there's no way it will be Burfict.

listopencil
02-27-2012, 10:58 PM

Unless Irving has made strides this off season, he's not a 4-3 Mike. We still don't have a starting quality Mike on the roster. He would make sense as DJ's replacement at Sam though if he can improve. Honestly Mohamed intrigues me more at Mike then Irving does.

listopencil
02-27-2012, 11:01 PM
He was a rookie with no off season. Fox is going to give him every opportunity to succeed but they were not going to rush him. Point is, you said the Broncos have nothing behind Mays and that is wrong, they drafted Irving to play MLB.

I hope not.

If they draft another LBer (took 3 last year) I doubt it will be on the first day. And if they draft one on the first day there's no way it will be Burfict.

Yeah, that would be a God awful mistake.

Tombstone RJ
02-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Unless Irving has made strides this off season, he's not a 4-3 Mike. We still don't have a starting quality Mike on the roster. He would make sense as DJ's replacement at Sam though if he can improve. Honestly Mohamed intrigues me more at Mike then Irving does.

The Broncos drafted him the play Mike. I know he didn't get any playing time outside of special teams but he's absolutely a 4-3 MLBer. The other reason it's been rumored the Broncos are not rushing him to play is because of making sure he's a 100% physically ready to go. I'm not sure that's reality or not. I do know that they drafted him with MLB in mind.

listopencil
02-27-2012, 11:12 PM
The Broncos drafted him the play Mike. I know he didn't get any playing time outside of special teams but he's absolutely a 4-3 MLBer. The other reason it's been rumored the Broncos are not rushing him to play is because of making sure he's a 100% physically ready to go. I'm not sure that's reality or not. I do know that they drafted him with MLB in mind.

Do you have a link to that statement from the Broncos? I'm hoping that our new DC being an ex LB, and our new Strength and Conditioning coach having a good resume, will make a difference. Going by his college play, Irving would absolutely suck ass as a 4-3 Mike.

listopencil
02-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Tombstone: Here's a 15 minute YouTube video of some Nate Irving plays.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-gA-nz5OldA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

He tends not to stop guys at first contact one-on-one like you would expect a 4-3 Mike to do. He tackles from the side and wraps people up instead. Even going to the point of letting guys run into him and push him backwards as he drags them to the ground. He doesn't consistently move well in traffic, and can get washed out of plays with average blocking. He doesn't always make good reads and gets himself out of position, allowing long gains where he has to take the ball carrier down from behind. He has the speed to cover but lacks the situational awareness to really cause problems for QB's on a consistent basis.

He's physically gifted. If he can be coached up, and if he puts on NFL muscle, I think he could be an impact player. But mostly he looks to me like a younger version of DJ Williams.

jspchief
02-28-2012, 12:49 AM
I remember cincy going on a several year run of grabbing high talent, low character guys. Almost every one of them turned out badly.

I don't need a team of boyscouts, but I don't want enough punks to let things get ugly either.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-29-2012, 02:27 PM
SI's Don Banks suggests Arizona State ILB Vontaze Burfict will fall to day three of the draft after his Combine implosion.
Burfict's workouts (5.09 forty, 8-foot-8 broad jump) were pathetic, and worst of all he blamed college coaches for his poor 2011 performance. Burfict doesn't play well on the field, appears to have a cancerous personality, and isn't nearly as athletic as some believed. We wouldn't be shocked if he went undrafted.

BigCatDaddy
02-29-2012, 02:43 PM
SI's Don Banks suggests Arizona State ILB Vontaze Burfict will fall to day three of the draft after his Combine implosion.
Burfict's workouts (5.09 forty, 8-foot-8 broad jump) were pathetic, and worst of all he blamed college coaches for his poor 2011 performance. Burfict doesn't play well on the field, appears to have a cancerous personality, and isn't nearly as athletic as some believed. We wouldn't be shocked if he went undrafted.

Damn, I once ran a 5.09 -40 backwards.

The Franchise
02-29-2012, 02:49 PM
The Ravens or the Steelers will draft him in the 3-4 round range.

ModSocks
02-29-2012, 03:07 PM
The Ravens or the Steelers will draft him in the 3-4 round range.

I dont think so. They may take LB's with attitudes, but they don't take complete idiots.

Either the guy wasn't coached on what to say during these interviews, or he's an arrogant dick bag.

I'm going with arrogant dick bag, considering his soft (by football standards) physique and piss poor combine numbers.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Like I said, we are fine with Belcher anyway.

O.city
02-29-2012, 03:25 PM
If the guy chose to pull something like that, for the biggest job interview in his life, I don't think you want anything to do with the guy.

whoman69
02-29-2012, 05:23 PM
The first guy that Pioli drafted that had character issues missed nearly half a season after a pre-season fight. Pioli is not going to go into the character well especially with better options available. If the Chiefs want to go MLB, I can see them going to Kuechly in the 1st or Hightower in the 2nd without the baggage.

O.city
02-29-2012, 05:25 PM
If Hightower is there in the second I'd consider him.

Depends what we do in the first.

Tombstone RJ
02-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Do you have a link to that statement from the Broncos? I'm hoping that our new DC being an ex LB, and our new Strength and Conditioning coach having a good resume, will make a difference. Going by his college play, Irving would absolutely suck ass as a 4-3 Mike.

Well, he's listed as a MLB by the Broncos:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/Nate-Irving/2f16290f-0271-403a-9ade-c1037b306a3b

then there's this:
Those expecting rookie Nate Irving to come in and make an immediate impact at MLB could be waiting a while. Irving, after moving to the second team for the first time last week, was back with the the third group Monday. That decision came despite Mario Haggan, the MLB backup to open camp and the No. 2 SLB thereafter, not being able to practice with a shoulder injury. Mike Mohamed, a rookie out of Cal, was the second-team MLB. By nature of his position, Irving had an uphill climb, having to get the checks and calls down pat for the defense. With no OTAs, a brief holdout, then an ankle injury, he's been behind the eight ball.Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-22/denver-broncos-team-report-nate-irving-kyle-orton-tim-tebow#ixzz1nptGF600

and this: John Elway and company had Irving rated as the top inside linebacker in the draft. He’s been all smiles these days — he’s a Bronco and he’ll be competing to be a starting middle linebacker as a rookie.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/05/11/broncos-nate-irving-is-lucky-to-be-alive/

lostcause
03-01-2012, 12:07 AM
From a top 10 pick to this mess. What a meltdown.

listopencil
03-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Well, he's listed as a MLB by the Broncos:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/Nate-Irving/2f16290f-0271-403a-9ade-c1037b306a3b

then there's this:
Those expecting rookie Nate Irving to come in and make an immediate impact at MLB could be waiting a while. Irving, after moving to the second team for the first time last week, was back with the the third group Monday. That decision came despite Mario Haggan, the MLB backup to open camp and the No. 2 SLB thereafter, not being able to practice with a shoulder injury. Mike Mohamed, a rookie out of Cal, was the second-team MLB. By nature of his position, Irving had an uphill climb, having to get the checks and calls down pat for the defense. With no OTAs, a brief holdout, then an ankle injury, he's been behind the eight ball.Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-22/denver-broncos-team-report-nate-irving-kyle-orton-tim-tebow#ixzz1nptGF600

and this: John Elway and company had Irving rated as the top inside linebacker in the draft. He’s been all smiles these days — he’s a Bronco and he’ll be competing to be a starting middle linebacker as a rookie.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/05/11/broncos-nate-irving-is-lucky-to-be-alive/

That's from 5/11/11. Pre season depth chart. As time wore on and the Broncos went through the season with poor play at the Mike spot they still didn't put him in, because he sucked at it. Interesting that Mohamed was considered #2 Mike. I've felt that he plays more like a 4-3 Mike since the first time I watched him play. I would not be stunned to see the Broncos eventually go with Irving at Sam, Mohamed at Mike and Miller at Will.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Vontaze Burfict bombs his Pro Day, too

Posted by Evan Silva on March 16, 2012, 4:49 PM EDT

AP
Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict bombed the Combine. His interviews were described as disastrous, and his forty time and jumps were pathetic compared to the rest of the linebackers invited to Indianapolis.

So Burfict surely prepared and rebounded at his Pro Day, right?

Wrong.

According to SI.com draft analyst Tony Pauline, Burfict was “not good in position drills,” and Pauline acknowledged that he was “watering that down.” One scout told Pauline he “actually felt bad for [Burfict].”

Burfict managed only 16 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. With poor measurables and game tape, and suspect on- and off-the-field character, Burfict may struggle to be drafted at all in April.

This guy is unreal

Sofa King
03-16-2012, 02:53 PM
lol.

No way he gets drafted at all.

DJ's left nut
03-16-2012, 02:57 PM
I've honestly never seen anyone fall that hard, that fast.

That's just incredible. Saved from myself in the CP Mock, I guess.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-23-2012, 05:15 PM
NFL Network's Steve Wyche said on Path to the Draft Friday that Arizona State ILB Vontaze Burfict has already been removed from some team's draft boards after a red flag-filled offseason."This guy had a second-round grade at one point," noted NFL Net's Charley Casserly. Burfict is going to work out for NFL teams again next week, but he's been out of shape and thoroughly underwhelming throughout the pre-draft process. We wouldn't expect Burfict to be drafted before the sixth round. Mar 23 - 7:07 PM

beach tribe
03-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Holy crap. This seems to be what Pioli does of late. Could you imagine picking up Burfict in the 6th or 7th??:drool::drool: I don't care what he's done..I'd do it. Workouts are one thing..dude is a nightmare on the field. He wouldn't have much responsibility to blow subbing with Belcher.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KvcsffTQojI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR
03-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Holy crap. This seems to be what Pioli does of late. Could you imagine picking up Burfict in the 6th??:drool::drool:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KvcsffTQojI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>At this point? No thank you.

I'll start to give a shit if we sign him as an undrafted guy.

beach tribe
03-23-2012, 05:34 PM
At this point? No thank you.

I'll start to give a shit if we sign him as an undrafted guy.

This guy is the LeGarrette Blount of LBs.

Count on it. Everyone that passes on him in the later rounds will regret the fuck out of it.

Trevo_410
03-23-2012, 05:35 PM
They made a highlight tape on all of his illegal hits and pussy taunts & celebrations and then expect people to have a better opinion on him?

synthesis2
03-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Went to ASU and watched every game this year and he will be a very good player. Not quite the same as Terrell Suggs who did poorly at the combine and he dropped, he turned out to be a stud.

Burfict is very good on the field and would be a huge upgrade for us and if we could get him in the second round it would be a steal.

Just my opinion from someone who saw every snap last year.

beach tribe
03-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Went to ASU and watched every game this year and he will be a very good player. Not quite the same as Terrell Suggs who did poorly at the combine and he dropped, he turned out to be a stud.

Burfict is very good on the field and would be a huge upgrade for us and if we could get him in the second round it would be a steal.

"slow down!!"
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/bbeal29/chrisrock2.jpg

jspchief
03-23-2012, 05:47 PM
I think I'll pass.

The guy has more red flags than a Chinese army.

Gadzooks
03-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Siler was an UDFA for the Chargers. He was a projected 2nd rounder in a weak draft class.
IMO, Burfict will go somewhere between the 1st and 7th round :D.
He's got way more talent than Siler. He’s a potential every down playmaker in the mold of Seau with a slightly lower IQ.
I don't see the Bolts chasing him because they want to see what Mouton can do next year while spelling Spikes, but if they got him late, (4th or later), I'd be ecstatic. You could also use him as a rabid OLB rusher while he learns how to read... opposing team's offenses.

pkane
03-23-2012, 06:23 PM
I watched ASU numerous times this past year and I came away unimpressed. There were times when the game was over I was wondering if he even played that game.

He was always highlighted as the player to watch during the game. More often than not he became invisible.

I would not spend a high pick on him but if he was there in the later rounds on day 3 I would definitely draft him. What could it hurt. How many players drafted in rounds 5-7 actually pan out? Not many. He should have been a monster this year but wasn't. Maybe this is the kick in the ass he needs.

RealSNR
03-23-2012, 06:26 PM
This guy is the LeGarrette Blount of LBs.

Count on it. Everyone that passes on him in the later rounds will regret the fuck out of it.
LeGarrette Blount wasn't a failure at his pro day/combine

Gadzooks
03-23-2012, 06:34 PM
LeGarrette Blount wasn't a failure at his pro day/combine

You're right. He was the idiot who sucker punched a guy in front of the national media.

Titty Meat
03-23-2012, 06:39 PM
This guy is overrated.

RealSNR
03-23-2012, 06:49 PM
You're right. He was the idiot who sucker punched a guy in front of the national media.He can correct not sucker punching other players during games.

Burfict can correct his attitude problem, but it's going to take awhile for teams to trust him. He'll be available as an undrafted free agent.

BossChief
03-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Id spend a 5th or later, at that point he is a low risk high reward pick.

Gadzooks
03-23-2012, 10:27 PM
He can correct not sucker punching other players during games.

Burfict can correct his attitude problem, but it's going to take awhile for teams to trust him. He'll be available as an undrafted free agent.

Blount still needs some work on that:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZduAMyLIXoM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
If he can go 2 years w/o sucker punching someone, (including his wife), I'll be impressed.

listopencil
03-23-2012, 10:32 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZduAMyLIXoM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
If he can go 2 years w/o sucker punching someone, (including his wife), I'll be impressed.

I'd take the guy in a heartbeat.

Gadzooks
03-23-2012, 10:36 PM

Burfict or Blount? And what do you mean by "take the guy"?

listopencil
03-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Burfict or Blount? And what do you mean by "take the guy"?

Blount, on my team.

RealSNR
03-23-2012, 11:23 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZduAMyLIXoM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
If he can go 2 years w/o sucker punching someone, (including his wife), I'll be impressed.These things take time...

Pasta Little Brioni
03-24-2012, 06:09 AM

Of course you would. Denver's backs are ass without that extra fullback behind center.

RustShack
03-24-2012, 08:58 AM
This dude would be a major steal. I hope we snag him in the later rounds.

the Talking Can
03-24-2012, 09:07 AM

burfict and suggs have nothing in common

and any GM that drafted him in the 2nd should be fired

lostcause
02-06-2014, 01:31 AM
I'd rather go into the season with Belcher again than waste a pick on Burfict at this point.

He had 171 tackles this year!

I mean Vontaze, not Belcher.

rico
02-06-2014, 01:38 AM
I was begging for the Chiefs to draft him when he was falling.... people on here kept telling me to shut up.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!

Easy 6
02-06-2014, 02:22 AM
Gene Shalit says... Burfict movie? Pefect movie/awesome

rico
02-06-2014, 02:30 AM
Gene Shalit says... Burfict movie? Pefect movie/awesome

I bet the dude does become a busty-pants....but not until he gets paid. He'll play another decent season or two, get paid, start shitting his pants and then end up on a potential 2nd version of ESPN 30 for 30: Broke. But it would have been awesome having him for those initial 3-4 years.

htismaqe
02-06-2014, 07:06 AM
He had 171 tackles this year!

I mean Vontaze, not Belcher.

Hindsight is always 50/50.

Given what we now know about BELCHER, as well as Romeo and Pioli, putting a head case like Burfict on this team likely would have led to yet another disaster.

Burfict is in the right situation for him. There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that he'd be the same model citizen if he came here to what was, at the time, a circus.

By the way, nice necro. Dumb.

Jimmya
02-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Pretty much would have been risky.

Brock
02-06-2014, 07:54 AM
Not a team captain, undraftable.

WhawhaWhat
02-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Given what we now know about BELCHER, as well as Romeo and Pioli, putting a head case like Burfict on this team likely would have led to yet another disaster.

I agree, Burfict would have probably killed someone by now.

Simply Red
02-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Hindsight is always 50/50.

Burfict is in the right situation for him. There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that he'd be the same model citizen if he came here to what was, at the time, a circus.

By the way, nice necro. Dumb.

I assure you he'd wear out the Gates, there.

BullJunkandIron
02-06-2014, 09:51 AM
In the business world if your constantly cutting the bottom 5% of your performers no work gets done. That was the PeeHole way. Always looking for the rightv53 and nothing ever got done.