PDA

View Full Version : KU Congrats KU.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-25-2012, 05:38 PM
8th consecutive regular season title.

http://media.kansas.com/smedia/2011/03/04/16/KUvsOSU_SP_022111_rs_0333f.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.80.jpg

Now...let's just take of business and make it all ours. :thumb:

Saul Good
02-25-2012, 05:39 PM
Good game. Wish we hadn't hacked T-Rob at the end of regulation.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Good game. Wish we hadn't hacked T-Rob at the end of regulation.

I am sure we will play again in a couple of weeks.

Saul Good
02-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Hopefully.

Rasputin
02-25-2012, 05:44 PM
In for the win.

ArrowheadHawk
02-25-2012, 05:50 PM
8 straight is impressive.

Saul Good
02-25-2012, 05:55 PM

Hope he's okay by then. I didn't think we should have hit him in the face with a brick, but we did.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Hope he's okay by then. I didn't think we should have hit him in the face with a brick, but we did.

?

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-25-2012, 05:59 PM
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!!!!

Pants
02-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Hats off to MU. They showed up to play. I felt like we were the better team after we played them in Paige but now I'm not so sure. Either way, that was an epic fucking conclusion and I definitely have a new found respect for this MU team.

Saul Good
02-25-2012, 06:01 PM
?

It was a bad foul. We're lucky it wasn't called a flagrant. T-Rob got free, and we contested the shot WAY too aggresively.

O.city
02-25-2012, 06:04 PM
In that situation, the end of regulation, with MU up three, Dixon should have just let Robinson dunk it or lay in in. You are still up 1 with the ball.

Saul Good
02-25-2012, 06:05 PM
In that situation, the end of regulation, with MU up three, Dixon should have just let Robinson dunk it or lay in in. You are still up 1 with the ball.

Dixon thought he was doing just that. That's the thing I don't get.

teedubya
02-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Great way to end the rivalry. Fuck you Mizzou. Have fun at the bottom of the totem pole in irrelevance in the SEC. This one will burn their MUron asses until the end of time. Heh.

O.city
02-25-2012, 06:06 PM
He bodied Robinson a little i guess. Just enough to get him off balance.

Again, I guess.

Bambi
02-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Everytime I even entertain the thought of questioning Bill Self and his tactics he grabs me by the neck, slaps me across the face, and throws me to the floor.

Boss don't care.

ReynardMuldrake
02-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Respect to Mizzou. You guys played a hell of a game today.

02-25-2012, 06:10 PM

Screw that. I want an all Kansas final myself.

KCSupersized
02-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Congrats Jayhawks, 8 straight is impressive.

Lzen
02-25-2012, 06:18 PM
It was a bad foul. We're lucky it wasn't called a flagrant. T-Rob got free, and we contested the shot WAY too aggresively.

I would say Saul, you are better than this. But then again, I know you're not.

:deevee:

See the game thread for my thoughts on the officiating if you like. Otherwise, I will simply say this: Cry my a fucking river, MU fans! Payback is a bitch.

Lzen
02-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Hats off to MU. They showed up to play. I felt like we were the better team after we played them in Paige but now I'm not so sure. Either way, that was an epic ****ing conclusion and I definitely have a new found respect for this MU team.

I hate to admit it, but MU is a pretty damn good team this year. And they came out and took it to us for awhile in this game. Great game and the right team won. :)

Captain Obvious
02-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Cry my a ****ing river, MU fans! Payback is a bitch.

That's just dangerous to say!!! The flood waters still haven't receded from the last game.

KC_Connection
02-25-2012, 06:58 PM
What did I say after the last game?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YnOcycgXpms?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser
02-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Great, great game. Props to the pissant Beakers to charge back like that. Mizzou had it, and let it get away. That one will sting for awhile.

Demonpenz
02-25-2012, 08:00 PM
God Bill Self you used to be hot, now you look prego like jessica simpson

Bearcat
02-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Screw that. I want an all Kansas final myself.

I know it's dumb to say another KU/KSU game would be exactly like the last one, but you would really rather watch something like that over another KU/MU game? :spock:

ImAWalkingCorpse
02-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Congrats KU, Haith and Dixon giftwrapped this one for you.

Buehler445
02-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Props to MU. They shot freaking lights out in the first and part of the second. LIGHTS OUT.

Then they went really cold.

Good game. 2 conference games decided by 2 points. Great season.

CoMoChief
02-25-2012, 11:12 PM
English was a butt-hurt little bitch during the postgame press conference.....loved it.

Dr. Gigglepants
02-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Dixon thought he was doing just that. That's the thing I don't get.

I think they only replayed it once, I agree though, it looked like Trob caught a little of Dixon's leg and went flying making it look worse than it was. I think Dixon was shocked at the whistle because he thought he just gave up the basket. Not saying it wasn't a foul, but Dixon did let him have it.

DrunkBassGuitar
02-26-2012, 06:08 PM
I really hope these 2 games will be enough evidence to convince the powers that be that KU/MU games still need to happen every year.

Old Dog
02-26-2012, 06:16 PM
It was a hell of a game, that's for certain.
I'm a K-State fan, but ended up going to the game yesterday with my neighbor who has been a KU season ticket holder for over 20 years because his wife was sick (bad for her, good for me).
I STILL haven't watched the replay, but there didn't seem to be nearly as much home cooking as I figured there may be (not saying there was none and I did notice at one point in the second half there were 5 fouls on Mizzou and none on KU and I believe KU was in the double bonus before MU was in the 1+1). I did see the T-Rob block at the end of regulation on Sportscenter and while there COULD have been a foul called (and by the rule book should have been) that won't be called 99% of the time in that situation.

If it weren't for having to pull against my Cats, I would certainly love to be witness to round #3 at the Sprint Center.

Congrats to both Jayhawk and Mizzou fans for their seasons thus far.

Braincase
02-26-2012, 06:17 PM
I really hope these 2 games will be enough evidence to convince the powers that be that KU/MU games still need to happen every year.

As long as Sheahon Zenger is AD, it won't happen. He told MU's AD & President that if they leave, the series is over. He wasn't bluffing.

Pablo
02-26-2012, 06:18 PM
It was a hell of a game, that's for certain.
I'm a K-State fan, but ended up going to the game yesterday with my neighbor who has been a KU season ticket holder for over 20 years because his wife was sick (bad for her, good for me).
I STILL haven't watched the replay, but there didn't seem to be nearly as much home cooking as I figured there may be (not saying there was none and I did notice at one point in the second half there were 5 fouls on Mizzou and none on KU and I believe KU was in the double bonus before MU was in the 1+1). I did see the T-Rob block at the end of regulation and while there COULD have been a foul called (and by the rule book should have been) that won't be called 99% of the time in that situation.

If it weren't for having to pull against my Cats, I would certainly love to be witness to round #3 at the Sprint Center.

Congrats to both Jayhawk and Mizzou fans for their seasons thus far.It looked so awesome and so freaking loud on TV. Blow your ear drums out?

Chiefs Pantalones
02-26-2012, 06:24 PM
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2012/news/120109/olivia-wilde-440.jpg

Old Dog
02-26-2012, 06:25 PM
It was a great atmosphere, no doubt. That wasnt not my first game at AFH (grew up a Jayhawk fan) but it was definely the loudest. I would almost equate the noise to Arrowhead in the 90s.

The seats were great as well. Six rows up, midcourt. I've been closer, but shooting freethrows in a (mostly empty) building wasn't quite the same.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-26-2012, 06:34 PM
It was a great atmosphere, no doubt. That wasnt not my first game at AFH (grew up a Jayhawk fan) but it was definely the loudest. I would almost equate the noise to Arrowhead in the 90s.

The seats were great as well. Six rows up, midcourt. I've been closer, but shooting freethrows in a (mostly empty) building wasn't quite the same.

I have to leave for a while so I don't have time to look it up right now, but someone posted somewhere... game thread I think... that the decibel level hit well over 120 on TRobs blocked shot which was the highest ever recorded at a cbb game.

Bambi
02-26-2012, 06:35 PM

Won't matter.

Without being in the same conference the rivalry won't matter to most of us at all.

"We are now part of Missouri's past."

Chiefs Pantalones
02-26-2012, 06:37 PM
I have to leave for a while so I don't have time to look it up right now, but someone posted somewhere... game thread I think... that the decibel level hit well over 120 on TRobs blocked shot which was the highest ever recorded at a cbb game.

Andrew Joseph @AndyJ0seph
Move over Duke. Thomas Robinson's block produced a 127.3 dB reading. New college basketball record #kubball

Bambi
02-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Andrew Joseph @AndyJ0seph
Move over Duke. Thomas Robinson's block produced a 127.3 dB reading. New college basketball record #kubball

Were there actually records for this?

GloryDayz
02-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Indeed.. Heck of a legacy at KU when it comes to basketball. Congrats...

KC_Connection
02-26-2012, 06:39 PM
KU has no real reason to do a home-and-home series anymore. I could see them playing some neutral games in a few years, but that won't be the same.

O.city
02-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Just play at Sprint in December.

Give each university an equal number of tickets and sell the rest to the gen public.

Messier
02-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Just play at Sprint in December.

Give each university an equal number of tickets and sell the rest to the gen public.

Judging from Self's comments, it's not happening until there's a new AD that's willing to tell Self to do it, or there's a new coach at KU.

O.city
02-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Oh it won't happen, but it should.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Were there actually records for this?

I guess so. That's crazy loud.

Nzoner
02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Oh it won't happen, but it should.

Kansas and Missouri shouldn’t let rivalry end out of spite

Good read here on Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger-college-basketball-blog/kansas-missouri-shouldn-t-let-rivalry-end-spite-005727633.html;_ylt=Arr2OAiNHNM.CdDadSdQ0BvevbYF)

When Saturday afternoon's instant classic between Kansas and Missouri finally ended after 2 1/2 riveting hours, the emotions of perhaps the final Border War game were inescapable wherever you looked in Phog Allen Fieldhouse.

Thomas Robinson popped his jersey in elation. Bill Self raised his arms in triumph. And Michael Dixon buried his head in his jersey in disgust.

Scenes like that make it easy to label Kansas' thrilling 87-86 victory over Missouri a fitting sendoff for one of college basketball's best rivalries, but if that truly becomes the legacy of Saturday's game, then that's a disgrace.

What perhaps the most enthralling game of college basketball's regular season should be is a reminder why the Jayhawks and Tigers need to put their petty conference realignment quarrels aside and not allow this rivalry to end because of spite.

There are certainly valid reasons why the Border War is in jeopardy after more than a century's worth of heated matchups.

Kansas supporters blame Missouri because the Tigers are the ones leaving the Big 12 for the money and stability of the SEC in the fall. Missouri backers say it's Kansas' fault since the jilted Jayhawks have stubbornly refused to accept the Tigers' offer to continue the rivalry as non-league foes.

But while Missouri may thrive in the SEC without the Jayhawks and Kansas may continue to be a perennial national power without the Tigers, both programs are better off when they're playing each other. How many other rivalries in the country could generate as many history-making moments in one game as Saturday's matchup did?

There was Robinson's game-saving blocked shot in the final seconds of regulation to force overtime and ensure that a 19-point Kansas comeback didn't go to waste. There were Marcus Denmon's stone-cold jump shots in overtime to will Missouri back in front after it appeared the Jayhawks had seized control. And there was the disputed foul on Tyshawn Taylor's final drive to the rim that enabled the Kansas senior to sink the game-tying and game-winning free throws with eight seconds left in overtime.

Missouri won't experience heartbreak like this in the SEC against Auburn or Ole Miss. And Kansas won't experience jubilation like this against West Virginia or TCU.

College basketball will go on without the Kansas-Missouri rivalry, of course, but don't let anyone tell you the matchup won't be missed. Besides Duke-North Carolina and Kentucky-Louisville, no other rivalries in the nation possess the combination of history, hatred and modern-day national relevance that the series between the Jayhawks and Tigers does.

What other rivalry would inspire one side to print t-shirts championing a Civil War raid as "scoreboard?" Or cause the other side to declare victory by forfeit in the series because its rival announced it was leaving the conference?

Hopefully someday soon, Kansas swallows its pride, does the right thing and agrees to an annual non-conference game with Missouri. They can play it in Kansas City. Or on campus in alternating years. Heck, play it anywhere.

Just don't let the rivalry end out of spite.

ImAWalkingCorpse
02-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Kansas and Missouri shouldn’t let rivalry end out of spite

Good read here on Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger-college-basketball-blog/kansas-missouri-shouldn-t-let-rivalry-end-spite-005727633.html;_ylt=Arr2OAiNHNM.CdDadSdQ0BvevbYF)

When Saturday afternoon's instant classic between Kansas and Missouri finally ended after 2 1/2 riveting hours, the emotions of perhaps the final Border War game were inescapable wherever you looked in Phog Allen Fieldhouse.

Thomas Robinson popped his jersey in elation. Bill Self raised his arms in triumph. And Michael Dixon buried his head in his jersey in disgust.

Scenes like that make it easy to label Kansas' thrilling 87-86 victory over Missouri a fitting sendoff for one of college basketball's best rivalries, but if that truly becomes the legacy of Saturday's game, then that's a disgrace.

What perhaps the most enthralling game of college basketball's regular season should be is a reminder why the Jayhawks and Tigers need to put their petty conference realignment quarrels aside and not allow this rivalry to end because of spite.

There are certainly valid reasons why the Border War is in jeopardy after more than a century's worth of heated matchups.

Kansas supporters blame Missouri because the Tigers are the ones leaving the Big 12 for the money and stability of the SEC in the fall. Missouri backers say it's Kansas' fault since the jilted Jayhawks have stubbornly refused to accept the Tigers' offer to continue the rivalry as non-league foes.

But while Missouri may thrive in the SEC without the Jayhawks and Kansas may continue to be a perennial national power without the Tigers, both programs are better off when they're playing each other. How many other rivalries in the country could generate as many history-making moments in one game as Saturday's matchup did?

There was Robinson's game-saving blocked shot in the final seconds of regulation to force overtime and ensure that a 19-point Kansas comeback didn't go to waste. There were Marcus Denmon's stone-cold jump shots in overtime to will Missouri back in front after it appeared the Jayhawks had seized control. And there was the disputed foul on Tyshawn Taylor's final drive to the rim that enabled the Kansas senior to sink the game-tying and game-winning free throws with eight seconds left in overtime.

Missouri won't experience heartbreak like this in the SEC against Auburn or Ole Miss. And Kansas won't experience jubilation like this against West Virginia or TCU.

College basketball will go on without the Kansas-Missouri rivalry, of course, but don't let anyone tell you the matchup won't be missed. Besides Duke-North Carolina and Kentucky-Louisville, no other rivalries in the nation possess the combination of history, hatred and modern-day national relevance that the series between the Jayhawks and Tigers does.

What other rivalry would inspire one side to print t-shirts championing a Civil War raid as "scoreboard?" Or cause the other side to declare victory by forfeit in the series because its rival announced it was leaving the conference?

Hopefully someday soon, Kansas swallows its pride, does the right thing and agrees to an annual non-conference game with Missouri. They can play it in Kansas City. Or on campus in alternating years. Heck, play it anywhere.

Just don't let the rivalry end out of spite.

Very good read, too bad there is so much beaker butthurt from the AD on down. The new AD sounds like a complete baby.

Messier
02-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Very good read, too bad there is so much beaker butthurt from the AD on down. The new AD sounds like a complete baby.

There's nothing in it for KU. They would be doing MU a favor to play a NS game every year. I know MU fans don't see it that way, but it's true.

Trevo_410
02-26-2012, 07:02 PM
In other words, they're pussing out of the rivalry.

ImAWalkingCorpse
02-26-2012, 07:03 PM
There's nothing in it for KU. They would be doing MU a favor to play a NS game every year. I know MU fans don't see it that way, but it's true.

Nahhh of course you and the rest of your yellow beaked friends are going to see it that way. MU has never needed KU. It's a win/win for both schools. KU chose not to play MU.

Messier
02-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Nahhh of course you and the rest of your yellow beaked friends are going to see it that way. MU has never needed KU. It's a win/win for both schools. KU chose not to play MU.

Sorry. It's true. As a fan I want the game, but Self doesn't want to do MU any favors, and that's what it would be, a favor to MU to play them every year.

Messier
02-26-2012, 07:08 PM

MU is ending the rivalry.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-26-2012, 07:13 PM

That's what they were saying on ESPN. MU doesn't have an identity without KU and being new to the SEC, so it would be best for MU if KU played them once a year.

ImAWalkingCorpse
02-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Sorry. It's true. As a fan I want the game, but Self doesn't want to do MU any favors, and that's what it would be, a favor to MU to play them every year.

Actually it isn't. Only in the diluted mind of Self and the cry baby AD and of course they have all of you believing it.

ThatRaceCardGuy
02-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Great game. Hats off to the MU players, for a well played game. Its a shame someone had to lose it , but I`m glad it wasn't KU.

Brock
02-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Actually it isn't. Only in the diluted mind of Self and the cry baby AD and of course they have all of you believing it.

You're kind of like that old girlfriend that wants to kind of stay around, exchange texts once in a while, etc, but we've moved on. Get over it.

Seriously, good bye.

KC_Connection
02-26-2012, 07:16 PM
The rivalry isn't ending out of spite. It's ending because of money (Mizzou leaving for the SEC was primarily for that reason). I don't blame either program here for their positions.

ImAWalkingCorpse
02-26-2012, 07:19 PM
You're kind of like that old girlfriend that wants to kind of stay around, exchange texts once in a while, etc, but we've moved on. Get over it.

Seriously, good bye.

Actually MU is the one who has moved on. You will still be the one in the domestic violence filled relationship with Texas and Oklahoma. Once they pull the plug on the relationship you are moving into your moms basement, we moved into a much better house in a much better neighborhood.

Brock
02-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Actually MU is the one who has moved on. You will still be the one in the domestic violence filled relationship with Texas and Oklahoma. Once they pull the plug on the relationship you are moving into your moms basement, we moved into a much better house in a much better neighborhood.

k, bye!

ThatRaceCardGuy
02-26-2012, 07:26 PM

Seriously, good bye.

This.

MU wont admit it, but they need the rivalry to continue, more than KU does. Sure, the fan base will be excited next year because its a new league, but after that wears off, what do you have ? Arkansas as a rival ? You have no real regional rival for the MU fan base to get up for. As much as you don't want to admit it MU fan, rivalries are a HUGE part of college sports. Kansas owes nothing to MU . MU made the choice to leave, and part of making that choice means you don't get to continue the rivalry. The only fan base you hear begging for the rivalry to continue is MU , because they know they need it , especially because they wont have a rival once they move to the SEC. KU gains nothing out of playing MU. MU needs this to continue for their fan base , especially here in KC.

ThatRaceCardGuy
02-26-2012, 07:28 PM

Enjoy your historic rivalry with Arkansas. Maybe in 20 years it will be something to talk about.

Messier
02-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Enjoy your historic rivalry with Arkansas. Maybe in 20 years it will be something to talk about.

No, they're Kentucky's new top rival. Which is exactly how Kentucky sees it I'm sure.

Reerun_KC
02-26-2012, 07:52 PM

Stop begging. We are not interested. Move on.

Lzen
02-26-2012, 09:40 PM

I think in the dictionary definition for delusional, there is a pic of this guy.

Braincase
02-26-2012, 09:52 PM

Far from it. He's a man, and he keeps his word.

30 pieces of silver.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-26-2012, 10:09 PM
The rivalry isn't ending out of spite. It's ending because of money (Mizzou leaving for the SEC was primarily for that reason). I don't blame either program here for their positions.

So much truth here... although of course people on the MU side just want to cling to the idea that KU is pussing out. If the roles were reversed they'd take the same stance as KU fans.

On that note though I'd love to see the rivalry continue as a fan but I certainly understand why it isn't going to... at least in the short term. It's easy for one side to call the other names when they only have their passion to base their comments on.

Any MU fans that really believe we don't want to play them because we're "pussing out" should really get a grip. We beat MU most of the time. We're the ones with 8 conference titles in a row. We're the ones quite frankly that have been the class of the league for years and years with the occasional uprising from another school. Not feeling the need to continue to play someone you've historically had so much success against is hardly pussing out. It's a logical decision that started with MU's decision to leave... not ours... MU's.

I know MU wants to have their cake and eat it too but too bad. Your school wants more money and greener pastures? Great. Go enjoy being an also-ran in a better conference. Can't play the one school anymore that really electrifys your fanbase like no other anymore? Deal with it. We didn't kick you out, you left.

Bye-bye.

Trevo_410
02-26-2012, 10:09 PM
That's what they were saying on ESPN. MU doesn't have an identity without KU and being new to the SEC, so it would be best for MU if KU played them once a year.

to say mizzou doesn't have an identity without ku is completely absurd. There is no way in hell we want to play ku annually to keep our "identity" of being in this shitty conference. The reason this needs to be continued is because one thing, the fans. If you don't accept, I hope we just move on and forget you. We're all excited to play in this conference.

If possible don't only think of how this will affect Mizzou, but also, how it will effect ku's program down the road. Will it be the same? Try to view the jayhawks in 5-10 years. Try imagining Kansas City in 5-10 years.

TBH I'm highly optimistic about how Mizzou's football and basketball "brand new identity" will develope in the SEC; including rivalry's and exposure.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-26-2012, 10:13 PM

It's truly staggering how dumb you are. I get the feeling you're the MU fan that MU fans are ashamed of.

Reerun_KC
02-26-2012, 10:16 PM
It's truly staggering how dumb you are. I get the feeling you're the MU fan that MU fans are ashamed of.

Why are they so desperately hanging on to KU? Who cares now. You left. Now no means no. Stop asking.

Trevo_410

So much truth here... although of course people on the MU side just want to cling to the idea that KU is pussing out. If the roles were reversed they'd take the same stance as KU fans.

Or am I just normal. Get off by ballsack man.

Ceej
How a team who has simply dominated a rivalry "pusses out" is beyond me.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-26-2012, 10:17 PM
to say mizzou doesn't have an identity without ku is completely absurd. There is no way in hell we want to play ku annually to keep our "identity" of being in this shitty conference. The reason this needs to be continued is because one thing, the fans. If you don't accept, I hope we just move on and forget you. We're all excited to play in this conference.

If possible don't only think of how this will affect Mizzou, but also, how it will effect ku's program down the road. Will it be the same? Try to view the jayhawks in 5-10 years. Try imagining Kansas City in 5-10 years.

I bet you're right. KU's place as one of the winningest, most successful, most storied teams in the history of college basketball is probably going to go down the drain now because a team with no titles is changing conferences.

You've convinced us. We need MU. Please stay.

Trevo_410
02-26-2012, 10:17 PM
How a team who has simply dominated a rivalry "pusses out" is beyond me.

What would you call it?

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Or am I just normal. Get off by ballsack man.

I can't help giving you attention, you're just so interesting and well spoken.

Trevo_410
02-26-2012, 10:18 PM
I bet you're right. KU's place as one of the winningest, most successful, most storied teams in the history of college basketball is probably going to go down the drain now because a team with no titles is changing conferences.

You've convinced us. We need MU. Please stay.

Did I say they're going to go down the drain? no.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Why are they so desperately hanging on to KU?

It's flattering.

Although I must say I by no means think all or even most MU fans are as butthurt as Trevo and a few select others. There are plenty of MU fans around here that I have nothing but respect for.

Bambi
02-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Crazy to me that MU wanted to throw away the great midwest tradition we saw played out on Saturday.

100 year decision. That's a lot of damn years.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Did I say they're going to go down the drain? no.

You alluded to KU not being the same without MU down the road. I took your idea and ran. It's called bulletin board banter.

Reerun_KC
02-26-2012, 10:22 PM
What would you call it?

Two universities going in opposite directions. Your future is the SEC. KU is the big 12. Scheduling this game s does absolutely nothing for the future of each school. So how is that pussing out is beyond me. Bit if he helps you sleep better than carry on.

Trevo_410
02-26-2012, 10:24 PM
You illuded to KU not being the same without MU down the road. I took your idea and ran. It's called bulletin board banter.

Well, should I have put something like "#recpectfulpost" or something near it because there was no pun intended as you see it.

Al Czervik
02-27-2012, 12:33 AM
The only reason MU wants the games to continue is to perform damage control with their fanbase. The knew damn good and well that when they selected money over tradition, that many of their fans in KC would be pissed about walking away from the rivalry. So you hear bullshit like that...afraid, pussing out, walking away......from the the MU fans. Its pure comedy when you consider that they forced the situation and consequences.

And I agree...there are many great MU fans on this board.

BillSelfsTrophycase
02-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Gettin kinda full in here

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/tbag112004/Picture1-59.png

Bowser
02-27-2012, 02:06 AM
Crazy to me that MU wanted to throw away the great midwest tradition we saw played out on Saturday.

100 year decision. That's a lot of damn years.

Missouri is definitely guilty of being proactive and removing themselves from a bad situation, to be sure.

And be honest. If the SEC came to court Kansas to their conference, KU would have jumped all over it, given the current situation with the Big Bevo. Don't lie, you know it's true.

Bowser
02-27-2012, 02:07 AM
Gettin kinda full in here

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/tbag112004/Picture1-59.png

WHERE'S THE ORANGES??

KC_Connection
02-27-2012, 02:16 AM
Maybe Mangino ate them on his way out.

Bowser
02-27-2012, 02:18 AM
Maybe Mangino ate them on his way out.

A little chocolate, a lot of whipped cream.... I can see it happening.

CoMoChief
02-27-2012, 03:18 AM
WHERE'S THE ORANGES??

Why would there be oranges?

crazycoffey
02-27-2012, 03:57 AM
I'm pretty mad I missed this game, highlights and talk probably don't do it justice. On the basketball court I've always cheered for both teams, unless they were playing each other where Mizzou gets the nod.

I usually just stay clear of the "who's better" threads on CP.

I hate the rivalry is splitting, I'm happy for KU in this moment. It's sort of a validation trophy with MU leaving. But this year I think MU is the better team, and would guess they will go further in the national hunt. To any event, props to KU for coming from behind and winning in OT.

baitism
02-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Great way to end the rivalry. **** you Mizzou. Have fun at the bottom of the totem pole in irrelevance in the SEC. This one will burn their MUron asses until the end of time. Heh.

Really? I am already over it. I never really cared about the conference title. I want this team to get the FF monkey off their backs.

Pablo
02-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Really? I am already over it. I never really cared about the conference title. I want this team to get the FF monkey off their backs.

I'm sure you didn't care.

LMAO

Reerun_KC
02-27-2012, 08:18 AM
still more crying about the refs... My Gawd MU....

luv
02-27-2012, 08:20 AM

Like you guys haven't had a game or two this year when you cried about the refs. Who the hell starts a thread just to stroke their own egos, though?

Imon Yourside
02-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Missouri is definitely guilty of being proactive and removing themselves from a bad situation, to be sure.

And be honest. If the SEC came to court Kansas to their conference, KU would have jumped all over it, given the current situation with the Big Bevo. Don't lie, you know it's true.

Nah KU just doesn't fit in the SEC, although i would have enjoyed playing Kensucky twice a year.

Imon Yourside
02-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Who the hell starts a thread just to stroke their own egos, though?

It feels that good.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-27-2012, 08:27 AM

You wouldn't understand...

Dartgod
02-27-2012, 08:28 AM

You'll have to point out the crying, 'cause I ain't seeing it in this thread.

Reerun_KC
02-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Like you guys haven't had a game or two this year when you cried about the refs. Who the hell starts a thread just to stroke their own egos, though?

I couldnt be more happier that the game ended this way... Trust me, you guys have cried about any games, especially the KSU games...

luv
02-27-2012, 08:32 AM
You wouldn't understand...

Of course not. I have no way of understanding how your joy couldn't be expresseded in the game thread....or the repository thread. Hey! Let's start ANOTHER thread!!!

Reerun_KC
02-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Of course not. I have no way of understanding how your joy couldn't be expresseded in the game thread....or the repository thread. Hey! Let's start ANOTHER thread!!!

Hey great idea!!!

What should we call it?

luv
02-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Hey great idea!!!

What should we call it?

When I first saw it, I thought it would be cool of an MU fan to congratulate the KU fans. A little civility. Then I saw it was started by a KU fan, and then thought "Why would a KU fan start a thread to congratulate themselves?" After opening it, all I can say is it figures.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-27-2012, 08:42 AM

Again.

You don't understand.

Brock
02-27-2012, 08:52 AM

Yeah, and MU fans made sure to point out that KU fans were doing it.

redfan
02-27-2012, 08:57 AM
It's too bad that nobody other than MU/KU fans care about this game.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-27-2012, 09:21 AM
When I first saw it, I thought it would be cool of an MU fan to congratulate the KU fans. A little civility. Then I saw it was started by a KU fan, and then thought "Why would a KU fan start a thread to congratulate themselves?" After opening it, all I can say is it figures.

This is what makes us arrogant pricks... just how MU fans want it so they can keep beating the drum.

:)

Dartgod
02-27-2012, 09:21 AM
This is what makes us arrogant pricks... just how MU fans want it so they can keep beating the drum.

You're just a run of the mill prick. No arrogance at all.

:evil:

Bearcat
02-27-2012, 09:23 AM

Really? This happened... on the internet?

If you need a few examples though...
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255354
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255353
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=227368

Mr_Tomahawk
02-27-2012, 09:24 AM
:clap:

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-27-2012, 09:25 AM
You're just a run of the mill prick. No arrogance at all.

:evil:

I'm gonna have to work harder dammit.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-27-2012, 09:27 AM

Ohhhhhh NO HE DIN'T!

Pants
02-27-2012, 09:27 AM
What would you call it?

Making more money playing someone else. Look, if you guys want to pay us $100,000 and come play us at the AFH, I'm sure Zenger can make it work.

Lzen
02-27-2012, 09:48 AM
....how it will effect ku's program down the road. Will it be the same? Try to view the jayhawks in 5-10 years. Try imagining Kansas City in 5-10 years....

ROFL

Another delusional MUron.

Lzen
02-27-2012, 09:53 AM

BOOM.......goes the dynamite!

Fansy the Famous Bard
02-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Hey great idea!!!

What should we call it?

"Congratulations MU, on your new 2nd place banner!"

Lzen
02-27-2012, 12:06 PM
"Congratulations MU, on your new 2nd place banner!"

ROFL

Do it!

Bearcat
02-27-2012, 12:07 PM
ROFL

Do it!

S-E-C!

O-N-D!

stolen from the KU repository thread

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-27-2012, 12:38 PM
S-E-C!

O-N-D!

Wow that's good. Who came up with that?

Bowser
02-27-2012, 12:41 PM

MORE BUTTHURT KU FANS, AMIRITE

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-27-2012, 12:44 PM
MORE BUTTHURT KU FANS, AMIRITE

hmmm... I don't think so... since we don't have anything to be butthurt about... well I don't anyway.

Bowser
02-27-2012, 12:44 PM
hmmm... I don't think so... since we don't have anything to be butthurt about... well I don't anyway.

But MU doesn't matter! WE DON'T MATTER!!

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-27-2012, 12:47 PM

You won't find a post by me saying that. I think you matter. You that is, Bowser.

:thumb:

Bowser
On another note, it really must get at you guys that with all your prominence, nationa attention to a sport you dominate, your record against Missouri in your sport of choice, and national championships, that Missouri still gets to go to the better conference with a better deal. Yes, Wickedson, KU is fiscally set for the next number of years, and KU still hangs to tradition, and doesn't "walk out" on its rivals......

But still.....

:Poke:

Bearcat

:shrug:

was it you?

Mizzou mattered for about 2.5 hours on Saturday because they were playing Kansas.

You're welcome.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-27-2012, 12:48 PM

was it you?

Mizzou mattered for about 2.5 hours on Saturday because they were playing Kansas.

You're welcome.

No it wasn't me

and

rofl

Bowser
02-27-2012, 12:48 PM
You won't find a post by me saying that. I think you matter. You that is, Bowser.

:thumb:

After all these years, I never thought my importance would be noted by really anyone here. Thank you, kind sir.

Bowser
02-27-2012, 12:49 PM

was it you?

You're welcome.

You noticed! You really noticed!!

Mr_Tomahawk
02-27-2012, 12:50 PM
On another note, it really must get at you guys that with all your prominence, nationa attention to a sport you dominate, your record against Missouri in your sport of choice, and national championships, that Missouri still gets to go to the better conference with a better deal. Yes, Wickedson, KU is fiscally set for the next number of years, and KU still hangs to tradition, and doesn't "walk out" on its rivals......

But still.....

Would you also brag about having a 2.0 GPA at an Ivy League school?

Bowser
02-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Eh, I'll miss playing you guys. It does suck that the games between our schools won't be a reality for a few years, barring post season involvement, especially since it would appear our basketball program is finally, FINALLY on an upswing.

Give it a few years, and i'm betting something gets worked out where we'll play each other again, at least on a semi-regular basis.

Bowser

Better than a 1.9.

IN YOUR FUCKING FACE

Dr. Johnny Fever

But still.....

That had never crossed my mind. So I'm gonna have to say no.

Congrats to MU. Enjoy you're new membership in the "south" with the rest of the slave states. It's like you found a way to go back home.

:D

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Better than a 1.9.

IN YOUR ****ING FACE

LMAO

Call Bowser butta cause he's on a roll

Bearcat
02-27-2012, 01:05 PM

But still.....

Eh, a little... I've enjoyed SEC football for years, so I'm jealous that you guys will be a part of that. Look at South Carolina and Arkansas, and what they've done since joining the SEC. OTOH, I wish Kansas football could compete against anyone, much less the SEC. As far as basketball, playing Kentucky every year would be fun, but that's about it... and of course KU played them this year anyway.

Overall, the Big 12 is the best place for Kansas though... and if the Big 12 Tournament somehow stays in KC after the current contract expires, and the conference doesn't crumble, I won't lose any sleep over it. I think Nebraska is a good fit for the B1G, Missouri and A&M could be a good fit for the SEC, and Colorado is just as irrelevant as ever... and as long as Kansas doesn't end up playing in the MVC, I think they'll be fine.

Fansy the Famous Bard
02-27-2012, 01:20 PM

I would...

I'd also leave the 2.0 GPA part out.

Bambi
02-27-2012, 01:24 PM

But still.....

"Better" is very subjective in this scenario.

Some schools would never join the S.E.C. For obvious reasons. Kansas is one of those schools.

Bowser
02-27-2012, 01:25 PM

Some schools would never join the S.E.C. For obvious reasons. Kansas is one of those schools.

Of course, but I'll play -

What, exactly, are these "obvious" reasons?

Old Dog
02-27-2012, 01:42 PM

Your act is very tired.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-27-2012, 01:52 PM

The SEC is awesome. I can see why they'd want to move there, not just for money purposes, it's a better conference, IMO. I would've liked for KU to move to the ACC. All this doesn't matter though, IMO, sooner or later there will be like four power conferences anyway. Hopefully no more BCS as it is crap IMO.

Bambi
02-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Of course, but I'll play -

What, exactly, are these "obvious" reasons?

It's the South.

Just wouldn't happen. And everyone knows it.

Bambi
02-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Your act is very tired.

huh?

Old Dog
02-27-2012, 01:59 PM
It's the South.

Did I miss a geological shift where Texas is in the great white north?

Mr_Tomahawk
02-27-2012, 02:01 PM
And the new AP rankings...

1 Kentucky (63) 28-1 1,623
2 Syracuse (2) 29-1 1,562
3 Kansas 24-5 1,459
4 Duke 25-4 1,409
5 Michigan State 24-5 1,372
6 North Carolina 25-4 1,314
7 Missouri 25-4 1,253
8 Marquette 24-5 1,150
9 Baylor 24-5 1,055
10 Ohio State 23-6 1,036
11 Georgetown 21-6 906
12 Murray State 28-1 885
13 Michigan 21-8 766
14 Wisconsin 21-8 764
15 Wichita State 26-4 754
16 Florida 22-7 638
17 UNLV 24-6 531
18 Indiana 22-7 444
19 Louisville 22-7 426
20 Notre Dame 20-9 357
21 San Diego State 22-6 304
22 Florida State 19-9 252
23 Temple 22-6 158
24 Virginia 21-7 142
25 Creighton 25-5 140

BillSelfsTrophycase
02-27-2012, 02:02 PM

:LOL:

Awesome

BillSelfsTrophycase
02-27-2012, 02:05 PM
S-E-C!

O-N-D!

Jesus, Bearcat's on fire today

Bowser
02-27-2012, 02:07 PM
It's the South.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/angi1vwUkQc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445
02-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Waaay too big of a drop for MU me thinks.

IMO MU and KU should have switched places.

Bowser
02-27-2012, 02:12 PM

Maybe true, but losing two in a row certainly didn't help MU out in any way.

Dartgod
02-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Maybe true, but losing two in a row certainly didn't help MU out in any way.

Yup. The KSU loss at home hurt waaaaaay more than the loss at AFH. I'm happy to still be in the top 10.

Bearcat
02-27-2012, 02:20 PM

I would have thought 2-3 spots for losing to KSU at home, so it's about right, IMO.... dropping below Marquette in the coaches poll is a bit much though.

Wichita State jumped MU in kenpom... that's interesting.

redfan
02-27-2012, 02:25 PM
I would have thought 2-3 spots for losing to KSU at home, so it's about right, IMO.... dropping below Marquette in the coaches poll is a bit much though.

Wichita State jumped MU in kenpom... that's interesting.

Shockers for real this year?

Buehler445
02-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Ahhh fuck. I forgot all about the KSU loss. Dont mind me. I'm a dumbass.

Probably deserves the spot but I still think they're better than Duke/UNC.

Lzen
02-27-2012, 02:32 PM
....Enjoy you're new membership in the "south" with the rest of the slave states. It's like you found a way to go back home.

:D

Damn it! It says I gotta spread some rep around before giving you some. LMAO

Chiefs Pantalones
02-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Ahhh ****. I forgot all about the KSU loss. Dont mind me. I'm a dumbass.

MU vs. Duke or UNC this year would be an exciting, up and down the court game. The final score would probably be 98-95.

Bambi
02-27-2012, 04:05 PM

Texas isn't joining the SEC. Apparently they and Oklahoma have been offered in the past.

Reerun_KC
02-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Ahhh ****. I forgot all about the KSU loss. Dont mind me. I'm a dumbass.

Dont worry....

mnchiefsguy
02-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Texas isn't joining the SEC. Apparently they and Oklahoma have been offered in the past.

And where is your proof of this?

Brock
02-27-2012, 06:41 PM

LMAO

ArrowheadHawk
02-27-2012, 06:47 PM
BIG12 4 LIFE!

InvinciBill
02-27-2012, 06:52 PM
And where is your proof of this?

The fact that the SEC settled for MU is proof enough for me.

Dartgod
02-27-2012, 06:54 PM
The fact that the SEC settled for MU is proof enough for me.

I can't wait until April when you post again!

Mr_Tomahawk
02-27-2012, 10:22 PM
All ours.

ImAWalkingCorpse
02-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Michael Dixon and Frank Haith say "You're welcome". I bet it comes out Dixon is a KU fan.

Dr. Johnny Fever
All ours.

Arrogant KU fans.... sheesh...

Chiefs Pantalones
This is how we roll. We should start giving them away there's not enough room in the trophy case.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Michael Dixon and Frank Haith say "Give that back!". I bet it comes out Dixon is a KU fan.

FYP.

It was never yours to begin with.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-27-2012, 10:27 PM
This is how we roll. We should start giving them away there's not enough room in the trophy case.

True but at least make someone... somewhere... sometime... come and take one from us.

ImAWalkingCorpse
02-27-2012, 10:29 PM
FYP.

It was never yours to begin with.

Dixon and Haith made sure the Tigers had no chance at this year. You guys earned it because you don't have clowns like Michael Dixon and coaches like Frank Haith tanking games and cheating at previous jobs.

luv
02-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Dixon and Haith made sure the Tigers had no chance at this year. You guys earned it because you don't have clowns like Michael Dixon and coaches like Frank Haith tanking games and cheating at previous jobs.

Who are you really?

Chiefs Pantalones
02-27-2012, 10:32 PM

lol right.

You had your chance. Next time when you have a good team on the ropes up by 19, knock the living shit out of them. But that's why we're sitting here with 8 straight conference titles. Big timers.

ImAWalkingCorpse
02-27-2012, 10:36 PM
lol right.

You had your chance. Next time when you have a good team on the ropes up by 19, knock the living shit out of them. But that's why we're sitting here with 8 straight conference titles. Big timers.

You guys earned it. MU didn't want it bad enough, and as I stated earlier in this thread Haith will be fired in 3-5 years and Michael Dixon didn't have the heart to try and win the game in AFH. Self outcoached Haith big time in the 2nd half of the game at AFH and that's why Self is right at the top of the list of college coaches. Haith on the other hand is very average.

ImAWalkingCorpse
02-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Who are you really?

A disgruntled MU fan who was far more upset with the loss than anyone wearing black and gold on the court.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-27-2012, 10:37 PM

Trolls are so boring.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-27-2012, 10:38 PM
A disgruntled MU fan who was far more upset with the loss than anyone wearing black and gold on the court.

It's just a game man. It doesn't reflect on you personally.

luv
02-27-2012, 10:38 PM

No, I mean your original (or other) user name on here.

KC_Connection
02-27-2012, 10:54 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/50250/on-kansass-ridiculous-big-12-title-streak

KU has been the best program in college basketball over the last decade. This title is another confirmation of that.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-27-2012, 10:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/50250/on-kansass-ridiculous-big-12-title-streak

KU has been the best program in college basketball over the last decade. This title is another confirmation of that.

Self isn't a great coach. /Saul

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-27-2012, 10:59 PM

Always good to know. I just wish we had another title or two to solidify our dominance so we were more Patriots and less Chiefs... the winningest team of the 90's.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Always good to know. I just wish we had another title or two to solidify our dominance so we were more Patriots and less Chiefs... the winningest team of the 90's.

Not so much on the Chiefs. We never won a title in the 90s. I'm good with 5. The one in 08 really helped me not go in sports crazy mode. The suckitude that was the Herm Chiefs really sucked and the title in 08 helped balance out my sports teams. Now I'm good for another so many years even if we don't win a title for awhile. I really want to see the Chiefs win it all. That's my favorite sport and favorite team.

Bearcat
02-27-2012, 11:22 PM

Meh... only UConn, Duke, and UNC have won more CBB titles in my lifetime than KU (one more each), while 2 teams that didn't even exist when I was born have won Super Bowls, which is 2 more than the Chiefs.... even though it's unfortunate that one of Roy's teams didn't win it... either in '97 or one of the Final Four teams.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-28-2012, 12:21 AM
Meh... only UConn, Duke, and UNC have won more CBB titles in my lifetime than KU (one more each), while 2 teams that didn't even exist when I was born have won Super Bowls, which is 2 more than the Chiefs.... even though it's unfortunate that one of Roy's teams didn't win it... either in '97 or one of the Final Four teams.

Don't "meh" me about my 1B team. Royals, Jayhawks......... Chiefs. KU has been closer by far than either of the other 2 so "meh" doesn't work for me. KU is my one hope to win every year... that's not "meh" dammit.

Lzen
02-28-2012, 03:03 PM
You guys earned it. MU didn't want it bad enough, and as I stated earlier in this thread Haith will be fired in 3-5 years and Michael Dixon didn't have the heart to try and win the game in AFH. Self outcoached Haith big time in the 2nd half of the game at AFH and that's why Self is right at the top of the list of college coaches. Haith on the other hand is very average.

I know the MU fans want to jump all over you because of this opinion but I think you may be right. Not saying this is or this isn't the case. But I think it's possible that Haith could be Bruce Weber ver. 2.0.

Lzen
02-28-2012, 03:20 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yr0afpMyh1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bearcat
02-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Don't "meh" me about my 1B team. Royals, Jayhawks......... Chiefs. KU has been closer by far than either of the other 2 so "meh" doesn't work for me. KU is my one hope to win every year... that's not "meh" dammit.

Meh. :p

The NFL is all about the playoffs for me, especially in the past few years. OTOH, I enjoy the CBB regular season and conference tournaments just as much as March Madness... Kansas has already played several highly entertaining games this season, and being the type who generally wants to see the best teams play each other in the end, the big tournament to me is simply when the crazy starts. Plus, they're just college kids, so I'm not one to say they should win so many NCs every decade or whatever.