PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Who do you think you are? I am!!!

RockChalk
02-27-2012, 02:17 PM
God bless Pete Weber.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gKQOXYB2cd8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry if repost

Bowser
02-27-2012, 02:22 PM
I actually saw this on one of ESPN's Top 10 plays, heh. Slow sports month.

And by the way, it can NOT be considered a sport if you can drink beer and eat chili cheese fries while playing it. And yes, softball guys, you fall in that catagory as well.

phisherman
02-27-2012, 02:22 PM
He reminds me of Earl Strickland (old school pro pool player) sooooooo much.

Fish
02-27-2012, 02:28 PM
"Who do you think you are? I am.."

Wearing sunglasses while bowling? LOL...

I'm all sorts of confused...

tooge
02-27-2012, 02:30 PM
that is the classic bowlers haircut.
He pauses right after saying "who do you think you are? I am!" thinking "that made no sense, but who gives a shit. I won"

RockChalk
02-27-2012, 02:39 PM
He reminds me of Earl Strickland (old school pro pool player) sooooooo much.

just watched some videos of him. what an asshole

BigMeatballDave
02-27-2012, 03:23 PM
I actually saw this on one of ESPN's Top 10 plays, heh. Slow sports month.

And by the way, it can NOT be considered a sport if you can drink beer and eat chili cheese fries while playing it. And yes, softball guys, you fall in that catagory as well.

You'd have to add golf to that as well.

In58men
02-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Bowling sucks as a sport.

frankotank
02-27-2012, 03:29 PM
hmmm. biblically "I am" = God! maybe it was simply excited blather.....or maybe he's saying he is God?

Phobia
02-27-2012, 03:33 PM
And yes, softball guys, you fall in that catagory as well.
The hell. Try playing outfield for 9 hours in 115 heat index. If you want to make the argument about infielders standing around and jogging to base when they hit okay but outfields work. I played 3 hours saturday and I'm still sore today.

frankotank
02-27-2012, 03:34 PM
The hell. Try playing outfield for 9 hours in 115 heat index. If you want to make the argument about infielders standing around and jogging to base when they hit okay but outfields work. I played 3 hours saturday and I'm still sore today.

don't they put the crappy players in the outfield?? :D

Rain Man
02-27-2012, 03:39 PM

I've never figured out how it survived so long without any dynamic design.

You've got some sports/activities/pastimes that have a standardized playing field, like football and basketball, but in those sports you're playing against other players.

You've got other sports/activities/pastimes where you don't compete head to head, but the playing environment is dynamic, like golf or maybe skeet shooting. The person isn't doing the same thing exactly the same way every time.

Then I guess there's a third category of maybe diving or those halfpipe snowboard things where you're pretty much doing the same thing over and over and over and they're dull to watch, but at least the player can try something different.

Then you've got bowling. Granted, the spare is some finite number of different things ,but the bottom line is that you do exactly the same thing on exactly the same playing area every time. The entire goal of bowling is to be so consistent that it's boring. I can't understand why the sport never evolved to have curves in the lanes or hills or obstacles or different numbers of pins in different layouts or have the ball chased by a large dog as it rolls. C'mon, people, do something, anything to add some interest.

mlyonsd
02-27-2012, 03:48 PM
The hell. Try playing outfield for 9 hours in 115 heat index. If you want to make the argument about infielders standing around and jogging to base when they hit okay but outfields work. I played 3 hours saturday and I'm still sore today.You are another year older.

mlyonsd
02-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Bowling is fun to do but not watch. There are a lot of sport type activities like that.

RockChalk
02-27-2012, 03:52 PM

Where did you play? I, unfortunately, can't play until late April

Huffman83
02-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Here's what I immediately thought of.

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt46/theroncon/BigErn.jpg

Rasputin
02-27-2012, 09:17 PM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/KCTattoo58/HometeamKCTat-9.jpg

There can be only one Kingpin.

Psyko Tek
02-27-2012, 11:08 PM

should be a MAN LAW
NO CHEERLEADERS OR DANCERS.....
NOT A SPORT

Demonpenz
02-27-2012, 11:09 PM
I've never figured out how it survived so long without any dynamic design.

You've got some sports/activities/pastimes that have a standardized playing field, like football and basketball, but in those sports you're playing against other players.

You've got other sports/activities/pastimes where you don't compete head to head, but the playing environment is dynamic, like golf or maybe skeet shooting. The person isn't doing the same thing exactly the same way every time.

Then I guess there's a third category of maybe diving or those halfpipe snowboard things where you're pretty much doing the same thing over and over and over and they're dull to watch, but at least the player can try something different.

Then you've got bowling. Granted, the spare is some finite number of different things ,but the bottom line is that you do exactly the same thing on exactly the same playing area every time. The entire goal of bowling is to be so inconsistent that it's boring. I can't understand why the sport never evolved to have curves in the lanes or hills or obstacles or different numbers of pins in different layouts or have the ball chased by a large dog as it rolls. C'mon, people, do something, anything to add some interest.

They have different oil patterns and surfaces. Lanes react differently and change depending on what lines bowlers before and after you bowl. You roll the ball the same spot over and over the oil goes further down the lane. Also Weber isn't exactly the dumbass he appears to be. He likes to play it up. For a good fun doc rent "League of Ordinary Gentleman" Shows the day and the life of bowling.