PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink What are your FAVORITE restaurants?

Pages : [1] 2

DaFace
02-28-2012, 06:27 PM
I haven't dug through the other thread in extreme detail, but it seems to me that we've got a bunch of people around here who are too damn picky. So, at the risk of crashing and burning...

I actually like eating at Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and Outback just fine. Hell, I even like Famous Dave's. They're not the best food you can ever have, but they serve a hell of a lot better fare than I'm willing to put the effort into at home, and they're not going to break the bank. So there.

(This thread doesn't have to center on chains. Those just came to mind since so many people said they didn't like it in the other thread.)

DaFace
02-28-2012, 06:29 PM
On the "not as big of a chain" side, I've always been a fan of BD's Mongolian BBQ as well. I fell in love with that place in Overland Park (?), but have eaten there here a bunch as well. Impressive taste for a "throw it all in a bowl and hope for the best" kind of place.

hometeam
I used to date a girl who worked at the Tommy Bahamas in Houston. Incredible food, and better when free~

lewdog
I will say it in this thread because I am less ashamed now but I go with Panda Express as something that is surprisingly decent and cheap.

The Franchise
02-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Chick Fil-A
In and Out

Old Dog
02-28-2012, 06:32 PM
If I could pick three of the more common ones they would be Texas Roadhouse, Outback, and IHOP.

DaFace
I will say it in this thread because I am less ashamed now but I go with Panda Express as something that is surprisingly decent and cheap.

Chinese food is one of those things where I have trouble telling the difference in "high quality" and "OK quality." A lot of it is just getting used to whatever that place's interpretation of a dish is, IMO. Panda Express is just fine from time to time for me.

GloryDayz
Honestly, I find any restaurant I'm in with the woman I love serves great food!!! :)

Demonpenz
02-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Mi Ranchito, Oklahoma joes, Perkins.

MIAdragon
Chick Fil-A
In and Out

The Chick Fil-A spicy chicken sandwich is fing awesome.

Bugeater
54th St Bar and Grill - I wish they would expand to Omaha
Don & Millie's - Local burger chain
Maria's - Mexican joint in Ralston, NE
Anthony's Steakhouse - The only "old school" steakhouse left in Omaha that is still worth a shit

Can't say I'm a huge fan of any national chain, most are ok but I'm not wow'd by any of them. We recently had a Cheddar's open up nearby and my first impression of that place was very good, but it's always busier than hell.

cabletech94
02-28-2012, 06:37 PM
dang it!! i was just gonna start a thread like this!!!

old-mods stick it too me again!!!

anyone ever eaten at a Mazzio's pizza? they're from the old ken's pizza. i think there's also a zio's up in kc.

can't beat a calzone and wings special!

Molitoth
02-28-2012, 06:37 PM
In St. Joseph only

Fast Food:
Panda Express

Restaurant:
54th Street

BigMeatballDave
02-28-2012, 06:38 PM
I like Chick-fil-a

SUCK IT HATERZ

Old Dog
02-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Cracker Barrel is good once in a while too.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-28-2012, 06:41 PM
I haven't dug through the other thread in extreme detail, but it seems to me that we've got a bunch of people around here who are too damn picky.

It's hard to believe that a thread asking people's opinions on something turned into a bit of a hate fest considering how even tempered, open minded and non reactionary this place generally is.

:D

I have nothing against Olive Garden or Red Lobster either. I obviously have not only terrible taste but questionable moral fiber as well, heh.

My favorite restaurants are El Rancherito, Mi Jalepeno and Maya... 3 mexican restaurants here where I live. As far as chains I'm good with Cracker Barrel, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday's for the salad bar and Kriegers... but I'm not really too picky so most any place that isn't literally dirty is probably going to work for me.

(I can even find something to enjoy at Buffalo Wild Wings that I listed as over-rated in the other thread.)

Bugeater
02-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Cracker Barrel is good once in a while too.
Cracker Barrel is great for breakfast, outside of that they're pretty meh IMO.

Old Dog
02-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Well, I'm one of "those" people who will eat breakfast for dinner, so it works for me.

dirk digler
02-28-2012, 06:43 PM
When I go to KC I usually go to:

1. Oklahoma Joe's
2. Vietnam Cafe (River Market)
3. Em Chamas
4. Nikko's
5. Mr. Gyros
6. Panda Express

Frosty
02-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Thai Bamboo in Spokane (haven't been there since a remodel so may have changed)
Saigon Gardens in Salem (used to be Eng's but they went red neon and now suck)

Haven't been there in ages and don't know if I can eat anything there anymore but I used to love Who Song & larry's in Vancouver, WA. Coconut margaritas FTW.

Stanley Nickels
02-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Justus Drugstore
The Dish (Liberty, MO)
La Bodega
Lydia's
Garrozzo's

DeezNutz
02-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Like and respect OK Joe's, but there's something about Gates that keeps it as a favorite of mine.

Micjones
02-28-2012, 06:47 PM
54th St Bar and Grill

My absolute favorite.

Also...
YJ's
Oklahoma Joe's
Town Topic
Rico's
Eggtc

seclark
02-28-2012, 06:49 PM
fuck you guys...i like ihop.
sec

cdcox
02-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Chains:

Chili's
Olive Garden
Papa Murphy's
Bravo

Local Asian and Mexican/Tex-Mex are almost always better than the chains.

Bugeater
02-28-2012, 06:52 PM
fuck you guys...i like ihop.
sec
OMGWTFISWRONGWITHYOU

dirk digler
02-28-2012, 06:58 PM
In my small hick town there is basically 2 good places to eat El Camino Real (really good) and Pizza Glen

BWillie
02-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Outback. I know it's a chain and all. I don't give a s***. Their steak, fries, baked potatoes, bread is completely delicious to me.

Saulbadguy
02-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Chains in my city:
Jimmy Johns
Jersey Mikes
Old Chicago
Hu Hot
Red Robin (atmosphere is very annoying, like the food)

Every other chain has such a better, local alternative that remain in the price range, I won't bother with them. If I lived in a city the size of Kansas City (or larger) I would never eat at a chain.

lewdog
02-28-2012, 07:07 PM
It's hard to believe that a thread asking people's opinions on something turned into a bit of a hate fest considering how even tempered, open minded and non reactionary this place generally is.

I have nothing against Olive Garden or Red Lobster either. I obviously have not only terrible taste but questionable moral fiber as well, heh.

I know, I am still in shock. I didn't realize this board contained so many affluent members of society! My vision is that most of the people on CP live in trailer parks and order Mcdonald's for deliver every night.

And no, in case you are wondering, Mcdonald's does not deliver. They just act like you are crazy and hangup every time you call to place an order.

seclark
02-28-2012, 07:10 PM
OMGWTFISWRONGWITHYOU

sayin...free cakes ftw.
boysenberry syrup ftmfw!
sec

Shogun
02-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Jack Stack
Chipotle
Panera
Culvers
Mi ranchito
oklahoma joes

Frazod
02-28-2012, 07:13 PM
In Kansas City, Gojos. It never ceases to amaze me how it gets almost no love on this BB. Of course, most of you clowns think Chris fucking Farley was the funniest part of SNL, so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. Best hibachi grill I've ever been to, and I've been to lots of them.

Locally (Naperville), best hibachi is a place called Shogun. Hibachi is probably my favorite type of restaurant. Sucks that it's so expensive, but we eat there a couple of times a year for special occasions. For seafood, Chinn's Fishery or Bob Chinn's Crabhouse. Great seafood, reasonable prices. I'm a big fan of Noodles & Company, even after I found out it originated in Colorado, and that's saying something. Favorite comfort food is Baker's Square. Favorite breakfast food is Walker Brothers, although the nearest one is about 40 minutes away. Best local fast food is a chain called Portillos - they have really good Italian beef. Culver's is a close second. Favorite Italian is Carrabas. It's a chain, but excellent. Blows away Olive Garden and Macaroni Grill. For Greek food, a local place called Costa's. Better than Greek Islands and all the rest of the overpriced Greektown places. For steak, the closest is Texas Roadhouse, which is okay. There are several places in downtown Naperville which are really good, particularly Sullivan's, but they're really pricey. Personally, I prefer my grill over any of them. Great Thai place call Le Siam near my house, and a fantastic Indian place called Indian Harvest.

Rain Man
02-28-2012, 07:13 PM
I mentioned this in the other thread, but some chains that I like include:

Chili's
Black-Eyed Pea (even though I always look around and think, "Am I the only person here who has a savings account?)
Red Robin (even though I always look around and think, "Are we the only table where a ten year-old girl isn't having a birthday party?)
Chik Fil A
Panda Express

These represent varying degrees of "good value" more than "wow food", but I like them. For "wow food" there are some independent restaurants that I like, but no one outside Denver will know them.)

Frazod
02-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Good call on Red Robin's. Forgot to list that one.

Panda, however, is McChinese. I eat there only because there's really no alternative for fast Chinese food near my office (which is really hard to believe).

They closed that Thai place we ate at, too. That really pissed me off.

Nzoner
02-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Figlio's The Italian Restaurant @ Country Club Plaza,incredible Sunday brunch
The Range Steakhouse in Harrah's NKC
Valentino's
54th Street Grill & Bar

Rain Man
02-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Good call on Red Robin's. Forgot to list that one.

Panda, however, is McChinese. I eat there only because there's really no alternative for fast Chinese food near my office (which is really hard to believe).

They closed that Thai place we ate at, too. That really pissed me off.

I only eat at Panda Express at the airport, and only when I'm on the concourse that has it. Honestly, I've had almost nothing other than the orange chicken, but I can't resist it. I'm sure it's got to be astoundingly unhealthy as sweet and sticky as it is.

Too bad about the Thai place, too. Owning a restaurant seems to be a slow financial suicide for most people, especially in downtown areas.

Bugeater
02-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Figlio's The Italian Restaurant @ Country Club Plaza,incredible Sunday brunch
The Range Steakhouse in Harrah's NKC
Valentino's
54th Street Grill & Bar
I'll never understand your fascination with Valentino's.

Saulbadguy
02-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Valentinos is pretty bad.

MahiMike
02-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Chain-wise you can't beat Carabbas or Outback.

Frazod
02-28-2012, 07:26 PM
I only eat at Panda Express at the airport, and only when I'm on the concourse that has it. Honestly, I've had almost nothing other than the orange chicken, but I can't resist it. I'm sure it's got to be astoundingly unhealthy as sweet and sticky as it is.

Too bad about the Thai place, too. Owning a restaurant seems to be a slow financial suicide for most people, especially in downtown areas.

There were two Thai places owned by the same company - they had identical food and identical menus. I guess they decided to consolidate, but unfortunately the remaining one is too far from my office for lunch.

And orange chicken is the dish I generally get at McPanda as well. I'd get the beef broccoli, but unfortunately their broccoli sucks.

Jenson71
02-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Surprised people like Red Robins, but I'm biased because the one time I ate there, I got sick afterwards.

seclark
02-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Surprised people like Red Robins, but I'm biased because the one time I ate there, I got sick afterwards.

i've only eaten there once, myself. i thought it was ok, but the wife didn't like it at all. i think they put too many mushrooms on her burger.
whatever.
sec

crossbow
02-28-2012, 07:34 PM
What happened to that restaurant in Olathe that was called "the Machine Shop" or something like that? That place seemed to always be full of people and then one day it was closed.

Frazod
02-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Oh, and for pizza, in Chicago, obviously Gino's. But like most transplanted Kirksville natives, I LOVE ME SOME PAGLIAI'S. The ronza is the greatest thing ever.

seclark
02-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Oh, and for pizza, in Chicago, obviously Gino's. But like most transplanted Kirksville natives, I LOVE ME SOME PAGLIAI'S. The ronza is the greatest thing ever.

in.
sec

O.city
02-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Kelso's in the northland.

dirk digler
02-28-2012, 07:44 PM
In Kansas City, Gojos. It never ceases to amaze me how it gets almost no love on this BB. Of course, most of you clowns think Chris fucking Farley was the funniest part of SNL, so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. Best hibachi grill I've ever been to, and I've been to lots of them.

Gojo's is alright. I really like their ginger sauce

Hammock Parties
02-28-2012, 07:46 PM
This Italian joint:

http://www.crapittos.com/

This cajun seafood joint:

http://www.crabbydaddy.com/

Hammock Parties
02-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Indian places I love (can't choose):

http://www.dhakshin.com/Dhakshin_Frames_Regn.htm

http://www.sitarcuisineofindia.net/

http://www.kiranshouston.com/

Hammock Parties
02-28-2012, 07:50 PM
And when I'm in Springfield...

http://photos.igougo.com/images/p82773-Ozark-Lamberts.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_R-ybk4eqxrI/TNh3BTx54RI/AAAAAAAACQk/yMtYouN9IcQ/s400/Lambert+Skillet.jpg

NewChief
02-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Only because I'm headed to Palm Beach over Spring Break and will soon be eating here again:

Pizzeria Oceano (http://www.pizzeriaoceano.com/menu.pdf). That's right, their entire website is just a ****ing .pdf, because that's how they roll. Menu changes daily, and you eat it like it's on the menu. No substitutions, no bullshit. Joint is badass, though.

I have lots of other ones, but this one has been on my mind lately because I'll soon be eating there again.

Halfcan
02-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Novella's Bistro!

Groves
02-28-2012, 08:31 PM
And when I'm in Springfield...

http://photos.igougo.com/images/p82773-Ozark-Lamberts.jpg

I've lived in Springtown for less than 5 years. Lambert's, being more tourist destination than quality restaurant, has scads of people every year that didn't count on the two hour wait they found when they got there.

Thusly, there is lots of disgruntled-customer spillover to neighboring businesses.

There's a spot just north of Lambert's that has changed hands 3 times since we've been here. I tried the first two, and they may not have been trying to, but they were just filling the "also ran" status that was good enough for overflow action, but nothing special.

The restaurant that's currently there has BLOWN MY MIND. It's called Grant's, I believe.

Fan. Tastic. Food.

Prices aren't too bad, but for a food-loving former skinny guy the table fare is top shelf. Good variety. Great execution.

It tastes like you're actually eating food that was prepared. It's full of love.

I recommend.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Unless they're bringing pass arounds, fuck 'em.

Saul Good
02-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Fast Food: Chick Fil A and Taco Bueno

Comfort Food: RCs in Martin City

Pizza: Imo's

Steak: Plaza III

Quick Casual: Boston Market and Chipotle

BBQ: Oklahoma Joe's and Jack Stack

Overall: La Bodega

Fishpicker
02-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Piccadilly Grill (http://www.piccadillyusa.com/docs/piccadilly_menu2009.pdf) in Wichita is my favorite. not to be confused with the piccadilly cafeteria chain. In Junction City there's 2 places that have really good Korean BBQ. Pusan Diner and Korean Gardens are the names.

I'm not big on chains except for junk food. Sbarro's pizza and Taco Tico have the best nasty fast food.

Pablo
02-28-2012, 08:37 PM
54th Street.
Bo Lings.
Boudreaux's.
Chipotle.
Panda Express.
Minsky's.
Mr. Goodcents.

All chains pretty much. I don't really care where we go out to eat when we do, so my girlfriend(picky) usually picks and I can find something appetizing anywhere.

I'm a sucker for Reubens and Philly Cheese Steaks on any menu.

plbrdude
02-28-2012, 08:49 PM
the savoy grill is one of my favs partly for sentimental reasons, but they've always had great food. of course it's a once a year thing, prolly couldn't afford it any more than that anyway. other than that i can eat pretty muchly anywhere.
like, bandanas
olive garden
outback
steak n shake
white rose restaurant and gift is a local here in mc but they have fantastic reubens
and i have a soft spot for waffle house

Saulbadguy
02-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Piccadilly Grill (http://www.piccadillyusa.com/docs/piccadilly_menu2009.pdf) in Wichita is my favorite. not to be confused with the piccadilly cafeteria chain. In Junction City there's 2 places that have really good Korean BBQ. Pusan Diner and Korean Gardens are the names.

I'm not big on chains except for junk food. Sbarro's pizza and Taco Tico have the best nasty fast food.

+1 of picadilly

Dartgod
02-28-2012, 08:51 PM
In no particular order. Some I like better than others.

Garozzo's
Bravo!
Olive Garden

Jose Pepper's
Mi Pueblito (local Mexican joint)
Guadalajara Grill

Red Lobster
Joe's Crab Shack

54th St. Grill
Buffalo Wild Wings
Houlihans

Funhouse Pizza
Waldo Pizza
Papa Murphy's

Jack Stack BBQ
Oklahoma Joes
The Rub BBQ

In58men
02-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Outback: Great Steak, bloomin' onion, aussie fries and scallops.

Tahoe Joes: Jackpot Nachos and pork chops

Italian Garden: Chicken Alfredo and Chicken Marsala

BJ's Brewhouse: Jambalya and meat loaf sandwich

Carl's Jr (The Green Burrito): Fish Tacos

Chipolte: Chicken burrito double wrapped with the fixings.

RJ
02-28-2012, 08:58 PM
When I lived in Baltimore I never ate at a Red Lobster. With so Many great seafood restaurants to choose from there was no reason to. Now, living in New Mexico, I eat there a few times a year and it ain't half bad. I stick to grilled/blackened fish for the most part. Put me down as a former Red Lobster snob who has relaxed his standards.

RJ
02-28-2012, 09:00 PM
I want to try Chipotle but the only one in town has only been open a few months and the lines are still (literally) out the door. Which is interesting in a town filled with Mexican and New Mexican restaurants.

Rasputin
02-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Papa Murphy's pizza is real good & you bring it home to cook it. If you screw it up can bring it back no questions asked. I personly like getting there tub of cookie dough to snack on.

Tuscons restaurant here in Salina has the best baby back ribs I ever ate. The meat just falls off of the bone as you pick it up. Havn't ate there in long time but I think about it from time to time and I may just need to feast on them ribs again soon.

Cozy Inn has some great sliders that got some national recognition while back on a food show. They fix them one way and that's there way, don't ask for cheese, but there damn good. If you get a sack of them wait till you get home or your car will smell of onion.

I like eating at Western Sizzler & Coyte Canyon for all you can eat buffet.

In58men
02-28-2012, 09:06 PM
I want to try Chipotle but the only one in town has only been open a few months and the lines are still (literally) out the door. Which is interesting in a town filled with Mexican and New Mexican restaurants.

You can call your order in and go straight to the front. I even use to order from there website and pick it up.

If you have an iPhone there's a bad ass app. Really easy to use.

The lines here in my town are crazy as well. Now I just go straight to the front.

FAX
02-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Cheeseburger: Rotier's
Sandwiches or Subs: Cori's DogHouse
Soul Food: M & V
Mexican: Mas Tacos
Thai: Thai Phooket
French: Marché Artisan
English/Irish: McNamara's
BBQ: Puckett's Grocery
Healthy/Organic: Silly Goose
Sushi: Koto
Corn Chowder/Fish & Chips: Blackstone's
Steaks: Stoney River

That's my list.

FAX

KCUnited
02-28-2012, 09:10 PM
The Peanut
Los Corrals
McCoy's/Foundry/Beer Kitchen
U-Gene's
Grinders
The Majestic (it's been me and my ladies spot since we got together in '02)
Julian
Thai Place
Taco Via
OK Joes
Chubby's
HyVee salad bar
Jerusalem Cafe Truck
Chai Shai
Texas Toms (RIP)
Tarantino's (RIP)

Saul Good
02-28-2012, 09:12 PM

That will never change, but the line goes really fast.

It's not really Mexican, though. It's actually basmati rice in the burritos. You don't get "Mexican" from the taste at all. Style, yes. Taste, no.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-28-2012, 09:14 PM

call ahead and pick it up. Walk right up to the counter, give them the cash and walk right out. God it pissed people off when I did it here. LMAO

Bane
02-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Italian joint called Bravo.

RJ
02-28-2012, 09:16 PM
You can call your order in and go straight to the front. I even use to order from there website and pick it up.

If you have an iPhone there's a bad ass app. Really easy to use.

The lines here in my town are crazy as well. Now I just go straight to the front.

That's great info, thanks. I frequently am working within a few blocks of the place and I'd love to give it a try.

Recommendations, anyone?

mikeyis4dcats.
02-28-2012, 09:18 PM
That's great info, thanks. I frequently am working within a few blocks of the place and I'd love to give it a try.

Reccomendations, anyone?

Barbacoa burrito, pinto beans, fresh and green salsa, cheese & sour cream.

Rasputin
02-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Hong Kong buffet is good Chinese food.

Daimaru Japanese Steakhouse is a fantastic place to eat on speacial ocasions, like when you have enough money to go. They prepare the food right in front of you.

Nzoner
02-28-2012, 09:20 PM

Just love their pizza and baked primavera,however,I have noticed that varies depending on location.

Valentinos is pretty bad.

Are you basing that comment on the one that used to be in Topeka?If so I can see why you'd say that.

CoMoChief
02-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Gibson's Steakhouse
- Chicago, IL -

Bearcat
02-28-2012, 09:21 PM
54th Street Bar & Grill... can't believe I've been eating there for 16 years. :eek:
OK Joe's
Blanc Burgers + Bottles
Swagger
Da Bronx
Planet Sub
Majestic Steakhouse
Bo Lings
Thai House
Minsky's
Jack Stack, Gates, Arthur Bryant's, Smokehouse
75th Street Brewery
Kelso's
Bravo!
Capital Grille
Buffalo Wild Wings
Old Chicago
Bucca di Beppo
Elephant Bar
Chipotle
Brewburgers, Wheatfields, and Valentino's in Omaha
Gino's in Chicago
Lambert's in Springfield
Elefin Cafe in Bangkok

I think that's a good start... :hmmm:

JD10367
02-28-2012, 09:22 PM
National chains: both Texas Roadhouse and On The Border are two of the best chains I've ever eaten at. Plentiful, tasty, well-executed, good bang for the buck. Panera Bread's good but pricey. Cheesecake Factory's pretty good, and P.F. Chang's is decent as well.

Local chains in New England: Papa Gino's (pizza), Spike's (hot dogs), 99 (American fare).

Coffee: McDonald's, believe it or not. Up here in New England they have a special blend of Newman's Own Organic and Green Mountain Coffee that kicks Dunkin Donuts's ass.

Fast food: Chipotle's pretty good. McDonald's for breakfast (Egg McMuffins are still my downfall).

RJ
Barbacoa burrito, pinto beans, fresh and green salsa, cheese & sour cream.

I dig barbacoa, thanks.

mikeyis4dcats.
Hong Kong buffet is good Chinese food.

Daimaru Japanese Steakhouse is a fantastic place to eat on speacial ocasions, like when you have enough money to go. They prepare the food right in front of you.

had Hong Kong for lunch today.

FAX
This is a darn good thread. I'm bookmarking this baby as a reference the next time I come to KC.

FAX

RJ
02-28-2012, 09:24 PM
National chains: both Texas Roadhouse and On The Border are two of the best chains I've ever eaten at. Plentiful, tasty, well-executed, good bang for the buck. Panera Bread's good but pricey. Cheesecake Factory's pretty good, and P.F. Chang's is decent as well.

Local chains in New England: Papa Gino's (pizza), Spike's (hot dogs), 99 (American fare).

Coffee: McDonald's, believe it or not. Up here in New England they have a special blend of Newman's Own Organic and Green Mountain Coffee that kicks Dunkin Donuts's ass.

Fast food: Chipotle's pretty good. McDonald's for breakfast (Egg McMuffins are still my downfall).

I've sworn off their breakfast food but a McD's small coffee for a buck is darn good and I don't have to get out of my car.

Saul Good
02-28-2012, 09:24 PM

Recommendations, anyone?

Chicken fajita burrito with corn salsa, sour cream, cheese, and guac. I also recommend wearing an old pair of underwear and bringing a fresh pair. You'll want to throw away the first pair after you bleed clean through them. Then you'll come back the next day because it's totally worth it.

Saul Good
02-28-2012, 09:25 PM
I've sworn off their breakfast food but a McD's small coffee for a buck is darn good and I don't have to get out of my car.

Chick Fil A has a chicken biscuit with egg and cheese for breakfast. It's ridiculous.

Bane
02-28-2012, 09:29 PM
I forgot 5 Guys burgers and fries.Good stuff.

AustinChief

Recommendations, anyone?

If you have a Freebird's near you... try it out... beats the pants off Chipotle. Chipotle is just so fricking bland... the ingredients are fine but extremely limited.

A previous post outlining the differences http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6342904&postcount=174

BUT if all you have is Chipotle, they are decent, but definitely order ahead online.

RJ
Chicken fajita burrito with corn salsa, sour cream, cheese, and guac. I also recommend wearing an old pair of underwear and bringing a fresh pair. You'll want to throw away the first pair after you bleed clean through them. Then you'll come back the next day because it's totally worth it.

Chick Fil A has a chicken biscuit with egg and cheese for breakfast. It's ridiculous.

I've lost seven pounds in the past five months. This thread could put it all back in a week. Fortunately I don't eat out much but I suddenly want to.

Nzoner
02-28-2012, 09:30 PM

In St. Joseph only

Restaurant:
54th Street

54th Street Grill & Bar

54th Street.

54th St. Grill

54th Street Bar & Grill... can't believe I've been eating there for 16 years. :eek:

I know the district manager quite well,I'll have to pass this along.

Omaha
02-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Anthony's Steakhouse - The only "old school" steakhouse left in Omaha that is still worth a shit

Can't say I'm a huge fan of any national chain, most are ok but I'm not wow'd by any of them. We recently had a Cheddar's open up nearby and my first impression of that place was very good, but it's always busier than hell.

I've been wanting to try Cheddar's. I went there once, but there was a long wait so I went elsewhere. I live pretty close, too.

I thing Flemmings and Paxton are much better than Anthony's. Have you tried them?

In58men
02-28-2012, 09:31 PM

Recommendations, anyone?

It's basically a Subway, but with burritos. You pick and choose what you want on your burrito. They have taco bowls as well. I usually get a double wrapped chicken burrito w/xtra chx, guacamole, cheese, hot sauce, lettuce, cilantro.

They have other items you can choose from. Beans, cilantro rice, sour cream, fajita vegtibles (grilled bell peppers and onions) etc etc.

FAX
02-28-2012, 09:32 PM

Plus, you can throw it on yourself and get a million dollars.

Also, need I remind you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, Mr. RJ?

Without a good breakfast, man must wait until lunch which then becomes breakfast. But then dinner becomes lunch and midnight snack become dinner and then breakfast becomes midnight snack.

But, if you've cut out breakfast, you get no midnight snack and lunch becomes midnight snack, then dinner becomes breakfast which you also miss because you're not eating breakfast. And when that happens, you'll starve to death within a week, man.

FAX

Bugeater
02-28-2012, 09:32 PM
OK Joe's
Blanc Burgers + Bottles
Swagger
Da Bronx
Planet Sub
Majestic Steakhouse
Bo Lings
Thai House
Minsky's
Jack Stack, Gates, Arthur Bryant's, Smokehouse
75th Street Brewery
Kelso's
Bravo!
Capital Grille
Buffalo Wild Wings
Old Chicago
Bucca di Beppo
Elephant Bar
Chipotle
Brewburgers, Wheatfields, and Valentino's in Omaha
Gino's in Chicago
Lambert's in Springfield
Elefin Cafe in Bangkok

I think that's a good start... :hmmm:
+1 on Brewburgers

-1 on Bucca de Beppo....dumbest restaurant concept ever

Bearcat
02-28-2012, 09:35 PM

I don't think I've ever been to the on in St. Joseph, unless I met CPers there once. I've been going to the two in the Northland since high school, plus Liberty several times, and even the one in St. Louis (so, maybe there's hope for Omaha).

Bearcat
02-28-2012, 09:39 PM
+1 on Brewburgers

-1 on Bucca de Beppo....dumbest restaurant concept ever

They have to go boxes. :)

There's a Valentino's on Maple that's our go to pizza place after UNO games... there used to be a Hy-Vee next door, so it was one stop for pizza a beer, but it closed.

Nzoner
02-28-2012, 09:44 PM
I don't think I've ever been to the on in St. Joseph, unless I met CPers there once. I've been going to the two in the Northland since high school, plus Liberty several times, and even the one in St. Louis (so, maybe there's hope for Omaha).

I should own stock in the St Joe location :D

Reaper16
02-28-2012, 09:44 PM
It would take me forever to list all the non-chain restaurants that I adore. So here's the list of national chains that I actually like:

Longhorn Steakhouse

(as far as fast-food, I can handle Chipotle, Smashburger, Five Guys, and Culver's)

Bugeater
02-28-2012, 09:48 PM
I've been wanting to try Cheddar's. I went there once, but there was a long wait so I went elsewhere. I live pretty close, too.

I thing Flemmings and Paxton are much better than Anthony's. Have you tried them?
Nah, we really don't go out for steak very often. I haven't heard of Paxton but I know Flemings is more high-end than Anthony's. That's getting outside of the price range I'm comfortable with.

Bugeater
02-28-2012, 09:50 PM
They have to go boxes. :)

There's a Valentino's on Maple that's our go to pizza place after UNO games... there used to be a Hy-Vee next door, so it was one stop for pizza a beer, but it closed.
:spock: You'd drive clear the fuck out there after a game downtown?

Frosty
02-28-2012, 09:51 PM
After reading through the two restaurant threads, I'm actually a little bummed since I haven't eaten at many of the chain restaurants listed here except for PF Chang's (twice, both times in Vegas), Applebee's and maybe Chili's (if so, it was a long time ago). When Olive Garden came to Salem, it was always so busy that we never went. Then I was a poor college student and then moved to where there weren't any after graduation. Most of the others weren't around here until very recently and we just don't eat out enough to try them.

Omaha
02-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Nah, we really don't go out for steak very often. I haven't heard of Paxton but I know Flemings is more high-end than Anthony's. That's getting outside of the price range I'm comfortable with.

Yeah, they're both pricey, but we try to go once or twice a year. I recommend checking them out on a special occasion.

RJ
Plus, you can throw it on yourself and get a million dollars.

Also, need I remind you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, Mr. RJ?

Without a good breakfast, man must wait until lunch which then becomes breakfast. But then dinner becomes lunch and midnight snack become dinner and then breakfast becomes midnight snack.

But, if you've cut out breakfast, you get no midnight snack and lunch becomes midnight snack, then dinner becomes breakfast which you also miss because you're not eating breakfast. And when that happens, you'll starve to death within a week, man.

FAX

So this seems like an appropriate time to answer a question that I'm sure has been on everyone's minds, which of course is "What does RJ eat for breakfast?". And now that I've revealed that it's not McDoanlds and in so doing raised Mr. FAX's very legitimate concerns about my possible starvation I think it's high time I revealed the truth.

Vanilla yogurt with ground flax.

There, I said it. And I am not ashamed.

Also, I would like to eat a midnight snack if I am ever up that late.

Bearcat
:spock: You'd drive clear the **** out there after a game downtown?

It's on the way back to my friend's place, who lives in BFE.

Omaha
02-28-2012, 09:59 PM
In KC, my fave is Jack Stack. That's one of my favorites anywhere.

in Omaha: Jazz, Stokes, Paxton Chophouse, and Grisanti's.

trndobrd
02-28-2012, 10:02 PM
Steak: Hangar 1 (Wichita, KS), Hereford House (Zona Rosa, KC)

Prime Rib: The Captain's Table (Custer, SD), Scotch & Sirloin (Wichita, KS)

Mexican: Anchor Inn (Hutchinson, KS), Casa Bonita (Denver, CO)*

Pizza: Beaujeau's (Ft. Collins, CO), Pyramid Pizza (Lawrence, KS), Gino's (Chicago, IL)

Breakfast: Johnson's Corner Truck Stop, (Johnstown, CO), The Beacon (Wichita, KS)

Italian: Garozzo's (Market District, KCMO), Paisano's (Topeka & Lawrence KS)

*OK, the food is about on par with Taco Bueno, but they have cliff divers and old school video games.

Gonzo
02-28-2012, 11:14 PM
My favorite in Omaha is probably Brother Sabastian's. As far as a chain goes, I really liked Joe's Crab Shack in Dallas and Bubba Gump's in Denver.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater
02-28-2012, 11:20 PM
My favorite in Omaha is probably Brother Sabastian's. As far as a chain goes, I really liked Joe's Crab Shack in Dallas and Bubba Gump's in Denver.
Posted via Mobile Device
FYI, there's a Joe's Crab Shack coming to Westroads. We went to the one in DSM a couple years ago and I just was not impressed with it all considering what it cost. We also did Bubba Gump's in Breckenridge and I had a similar opinion of it.

BIG_DADDY
02-28-2012, 11:57 PM
I highly doubt any of my favorites anyone would even know here. Did I mention Olive Garden sucks ass?

SuperChief
02-28-2012, 11:59 PM
HuHot
Chipotle
In N Out
Miguel's Cocina
Royal Thai Cuisine
PIZZA RANCH mutha fuckers

SuperChief
02-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Also, I had Bubba Gump in Times Square once. It wasn't too bad.

Bump
02-29-2012, 01:39 AM
I dont eat at any nation wide chains, all the same. I cant bring myself to eat out much since i can cook better at home inexpensively. But, i was addicted to Tryaki in Lawrence, nothing can beat it for the price and convenience. Its a guilty pleasure i guess

Jerm
02-29-2012, 01:51 AM
In my small hick town there is basically 2 good places to eat El Camino Real (really good) and Pizza Glen

Both excellent...Pizza Glen is damn good.

A couple of my other favorite spots are King Chef's and Tony's Market and Italian Deli...both in Warrensburg.

Saulbadguy
02-29-2012, 07:38 AM
Just love their pizza and baked primavera,however,I have noticed that varies depending on location.

Are you basing that comment on the one that used to be in Topeka?If so I can see why you'd say that.

Topeka and Manhattan, KS. Back in the day all the sauce was made in Beatrice, NE and shipped to all of the other stores, so I don't see how it could be that different.

blaise
02-29-2012, 08:13 AM
For chains- Jason's Deli, Perkins, Culvers, Back Yard Burgers. I personally don't mind Olive Garden. I like their chicken parm.

journeyscarab
02-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Some of the best, authenic italian in the midwest is at Defazios in Wichtia.

My favorites in KC:
1. Accurso's Italian Restaurant (pretty darned good)
2. Mr. Gyros
3. Oklahoma Joes
4. Avenues Bistro
5. Minsky's Pizza
6. Spin Pizza

InChiefsHeaven
02-29-2012, 08:27 AM

Amen on Maria's...best Mexican around, maybe Nettie's under the bridge in South Omaha...that's really good too.

I like Ahmads in the Old Market, Iranian food (terrorist food as I like to call it) really friggin' tasty. Not cheap though, it's where the wife and I go to celebrate something.

Espana in Benson is good too.

For run of the mill stuff, I like Famous Dave's, Cracker Barrel, Golden Corral and yeah...McDonalds.

InChiefsHeaven
02-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Oh and I just discovered Pizza Ranch...best damn Fried Chicken ever...rather counter intuitive, but try it, I think you'll agree.

Molitoth
02-29-2012, 08:40 AM

Cheddar's is actually very good food imo. It's always a long wait because the food is cheap and you get a lot.

I'd go there more often, but the bar atmosphere is lame compared to 54th street.

Molitoth
02-29-2012, 08:42 AM
I should own stock in the St Joe location :D

No doubt. I'm surprised I don't see you there more often.

patteeu
02-29-2012, 09:02 AM
I just list a few that I know have been criticized at times around here:

IHOP - I could eat the Rootie Tootie Fresh and Fruity breakfast every morning.

Longhorn - I like it better than Outback or Texas Roadhouse

Red Lobster - Better than Joe's Crab Shack (although it seems like I end up at Joe's more often, maybe a couple times a year, than RL).

McDonalds - I still like their burgers. I eat there once or twice a month when I'm in a hurry.

Sonic - Breakfast burritos aren't as good as RTF&F at IHOP, but they're faster.

Omaha
02-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Amen on Maria's...best Mexican around, maybe Nettie's under the bridge in South Omaha...that's really good too.

Oh yeah, how did I forget Maria's? Burritos with gravy!!!

Stewie
02-29-2012, 09:49 AM
I rarely eat at chain restaurants unless traveling. Then it's just the Applebee's and Ruby Tuesday's kind of places. They have OK food. I always get the bison burger at Ruby's so I haven't explored much of their menu.

When home it's almost always local restaurants when going out. OK Joe's, Mi Ranchito, Chen's Kitchen, El Pulgarcito...

tooge
02-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Waffle House for breakfast
Xtapa for authentic mexican
Margaritas for tex mex
Wasabi for authentic Japanese (sushi, yakatori, soba, udon noodles)
Garozzos for Italian
Waldo Pizza for pizza
Vietnam cafe for authentic vietnamese and some philipine dishes
Justice Drug for a great and very long dining experience
Oklahoma Joes for BBq. RJ's is a close second.
Barley's Brewhaus in Shawnee for bar type food that is kicked up

Stewie
02-29-2012, 10:06 AM
One more chain. Village Inn for breakfast. I've only eaten at the one in Mesa, AZ but have done so on several occasions. I'm not sure if it's unique to that store (which is fairly new), but they do it up right.

tooge
02-29-2012, 10:10 AM
In Kansas City, Gojos. It never ceases to amaze me how it gets almost no love on this BB. Of course, most of you clowns think Chris ****ing Farley was the funniest part of SNL, so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. Best hibachi grill I've ever been to, and I've been to lots of them.

Locally (Naperville), best hibachi is a place called Shogun. Hibachi is probably my favorite type of restaurant. Sucks that it's so expensive, but we eat there a couple of times a year for special occasions. For seafood, Chinn's Fishery or Bob Chinn's Crabhouse. Great seafood, reasonable prices. I'm a big fan of Noodles & Company, even after I found out it originated in Colorado, and that's saying something. Favorite comfort food is Baker's Square. Favorite breakfast food is Walker Brothers, although the nearest one is about 40 minutes away. Best local fast food is a chain called Portillos - they have really good Italian beef. Culver's is a close second. Favorite Italian is Carrabas. It's a chain, but excellent. Blows away Olive Garden and Macaroni Grill. For Greek food, a local place called Costa's. Better than Greek Islands and all the rest of the overpriced Greektown places. For steak, the closest is Texas Roadhouse, which is okay. There are several places in downtown Naperville which are really good, particularly Sullivan's, but they're really pricey. Personally, I prefer my grill over any of them. Great Thai place call Le Siam near my house, and a fantastic Indian place called Indian Harvest.

There is a place up there called Arenellas. It was in Buffalo Grove i believe, but has moved to a larger location. My wife and I always make the trek up there when were in the Chicago area. By far, the best Italian food I've ever had. Bar none. The Zuppa de Pesci is sort of like a Chiappino (sp) and is to die for. Check it out.

Bwana
02-29-2012, 10:14 AM
On a local level

All around, The Granary: http://www.billings-granary.com/

For a great steak, there is a place called the Grizzly Bar in Roscoe, MT. It's a little one horse town, way up in the mountains, but they have a top notch steak.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/3c/77/49/the-grizzly-bar-grill.jpg

tooge
02-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Oh, forgot about Valentinos. Always hit that when in Omaha. That or LaCasa Pizza.

Gonzo
02-29-2012, 10:15 AM
There's an excellent Sushi place in Omaha called Blue, if you're into sushi that is. They've got two or three locations now.

Waffle House is a guilty pleasure of mine, they're has-browns are pretty damn awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

tooge
02-29-2012, 10:16 AM
There's an excellent Sushi place in Omaha called Blue, if you're into sushi that is. They've got two or three locations now.

Waffle House is a guilty pleasure of mine, they're has-browns are pretty damn awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

double order all the way with a sunny side egg on top. OMG! Probably 2000 calories, but you wont eat lunch.

Frazod
02-29-2012, 10:17 AM
There is a place up there called Arenellas. It was in Buffalo Grove i believe, but has moved to a larger location. My wife and I always make the trek up there when were in the Chicago area. By far, the best Italian food I've ever had. Bar none. The Zuppa de Pesci is sort of like a Chiappino (sp) and is to die for. Check it out.

Never heard of it, which is odd considering I used to live in Buffalo Grove and my in-laws have lived there for years and go to every single Italian restaurant they ever hear about. I'll have to ask them about this.

Dartgod
02-29-2012, 10:18 AM

I think that one is owned by the same people that run Guadalajra Grill at 103rd and State Line.

One of my favorites.

frankotank
02-29-2012, 10:19 AM
I'll throw some love at Gojo's! prices have barely changed in over 10 years!

used to frequent Perazelli's in Greenwood Mo but they moved to Raymore and haven't been there yet. IF it's the same good stuff it was in Greenwood....the Baked Ziti is the bomb! love it.
Garozzo's lasagna! I never order lasagna in an italian restaurant 'cause it's never even close to moms.....but Garozzo's may actually be better. sorry mom!

Dartgod
02-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

They are has what? Did you the whole thing?

Dartgod
02-29-2012, 10:21 AM
used to frequent Perazelli's in Greenwood Mo but they moved to Raymore and haven't been there yet. IF it's the same good stuff it was in Greenwood....the Baked Ziti is the bomb! love it.

Tell me more. I haven't heard of it but am pretty close by.

Bearcat
02-29-2012, 10:27 AM

Forgot about that place... it's really good. There's also an authentic mexican place at I29 and Vivion, next to the bowling alley and Rent-a-Center.

I've really cut back on eating out, since I was spending so much on restaurants... this thread isn't helping.

Nzoner
02-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Oh, forgot about Valentinos. Always hit that when in Omaha.

Nice to see someone else appreciates their food. :thumb:

BTW,you ever had their dessert pizza which consists of peanut butter,chocolate chips and marshmallows?OMG,I gain weight just thinking about it.

DaKCMan AP
02-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Too many to list. None of them pathetic, unexciting chains.

tooge
02-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Never heard of it, which is odd considering I used to live in Buffalo Grove and my in-laws have lived there for years and go to every single Italian restaurant they ever hear about. I'll have to ask them about this.

We stumbled upon it when we were looking for an apartment there almost 20 years ago. It was a little tiny place in a strip mall. First time there, I got sea bass and they bring this whole sea bass, probably 3 lb fish. It's sitting in a red sauce juice and has been briasing for a few hours in onions, tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil. Then the waitress proceeds to "clean" the meat from the fish for you, including the cheek meat and place it on your plate, only to finish by pouring some of the braising liquid over it. Holy crap it's good.

tooge
02-29-2012, 10:34 AM
I think that one is owned by the same people that run Guadalajra Grill at 103rd and State Line.

One of my favorites.

Yeah, it is

Dartgod
02-29-2012, 10:35 AM
We stumbled upon it when we were looking for an apartment there almost 20 years ago. It was a little tiny place in a strip mall. First time there, I got sea bass and they bring this whole sea bass, probably 3 lb fish. It's sitting in a red sauce juice and has been briasing for a few hours in onions, tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil. Then the waitress proceeds to "clean" the meat from the fish for you, including the cheek meat and place it on your plate, only to finish by pouring some of the braising liquid over it. Holy crap it's good.

Was it ill-tempered?

Bearcat

BTW,you ever had their dessert pizza which consists of peanut butter,chocolate chips and marshmallows?OMG,I gain weight just thinking about it.

Might have to try it this weekend... :drool:

tooge
Was it ill-tempered?

kick his ass sea bass!

Nzoner
02-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Might have to try it this weekend... :drool:

I think they call it stoners delight

vailpass
02-29-2012, 10:39 AM
**** you guys...i like ihop.
sec

My kids dig the shit out of ihop. Sunday mornings its a tug of war between kidds wanting ihop and mama and I wanting Good Egg.

vailpass
02-29-2012, 10:41 AM
On a local level

All around, The Granary: http://www.billings-granary.com/

For a great steak, there is a place called the Grizzly Bar in Roscoe, MT. It's a little one horse town, way up in the mountains, but they have a top notch steak.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/3c/77/49/the-grizzly-bar-grill.jpg

Frigging cool. I want to go there and stay all day.

SCTrojan
02-29-2012, 10:41 AM
So many to choose from.

In KC, I have to eat at Jack Stack, Blue Koi and Callahan's.

Saulbadguy
02-29-2012, 10:43 AM

Ok - their dessert pizza is great.

I liked Valentinos when I was a kid - fond memories of the place. You got to eat all the pizza you wanted, and they always gave you a token to get a free prize after the meal.

Molitoth
02-29-2012, 10:44 AM
J.Gilberts in OP was the best steak I've ever eaten. I'm surprised I don't hear more about that place.

Bwana
02-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Frigging cool. I want to go there and stay all day.

Yeah, it's a nice area, with great fly fishing. Here's a shot, about two miles from the bar:

http://www.duderanch.org/images/properties/500x500/4590.jpg

vailpass
02-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah, it's a nice area, with great fly fishing. Here's a shot, about two miles from the bar:

Damn.

frankotank
Tell me more. I haven't heard of it but am pretty close by.

well...honestly I don't even know the exact location in Raymore yet...but I will learn it soon. I always get the baked ziti with extra sausage.
a plethora of ziti pasta, marinara, cheese, red and green peppers, onions and italian sausage baked until bubbly & served up in a big ole gooey mess. I can throw down some food and still usually take half home with me. I hope it's as good in Raymore as it was in Greenwood.

oh...looking at the menu reminded me we did the Sunday brunch one time and it was very very good.

http://www.perazellis.com/Perazelli's/Menu/Menu.htm

(google shows it by the Price Chopper on 58 just east of 71 hwy)

tooge

I wanna live there dammit!

Nzoner
02-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Ok - their dessert pizza is great.

I liked Valentinos when I was a kid - fond memories of the place. You got to eat all the pizza you wanted, and they always gave you a token to get a free prize after the meal.

Well that explains all I need to know.

Dartgod
02-29-2012, 10:54 AM
well...honestly I don't even know the exact location in Raymore yet...but I will learn it soon. I always get the baked ziti with extra sausage.
a plethora of ziti pasta, marinara, cheese, red and green peppers, onions and italian sausage baked until bubbly & served up in a big ole gooey mess. I can throw down some food and still usually take half home with me. I hope it's as good in Raymore as it was in Greenwood.

oh...looking at the menu reminded me we did the Sunday brunch one time and it was very very good.

http://www.perazellis.com/Perazelli's/Menu/Menu.htm

(google shows it by the Price Chopper on 58 just east of 71 hwy)

I'll have to check that out. Love me some good Italian!

There's another local Italian joint in Belton that isn't half bad. It's called Lorenzo's. We really like their pizza the best though. Very tasty.

They also have these garlic butter rolls that are awesome.

http://www.lorenzosbelton.com/

Nzoner
02-29-2012, 10:58 AM
I'll have to check that out. Love me some good Italian!

Have you guys been to the Sunday brunch at Figlio on the Plaza?

Dartgod
02-29-2012, 11:00 AM

No?

frankotank
02-29-2012, 11:01 AM

no. I have been to Garozzo's brunch. it is very good but also pricey. Perazellis is less painful on the wallet. I'd think a plaza brunch might be pricey??

Nzoner
02-29-2012, 11:06 AM
No?

no. I have been to Garozzo's brunch. it is very good but also pricey. Perazellis is less painful on the wallet. I'd think a plaza brunch might be pricey??

Last time we went it was around $17 but worth every damn cent.

Frazod
02-29-2012, 11:21 AM

It's actually in Palatine, not Buffalo Grove. Does sound interesting.

http://www.ristorantearenella.com/Home.html

tooge
02-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Thats it. You won't be disappoint

Frazod
02-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Thats it. You won't be disappoint

Perhaps I'll suggest it for Easter dinner. Certainly preferable to the MIL's cooking. :grr:

vailpass
02-29-2012, 11:26 AM

Funny how what one man considers good would make another man leave the table.

tooge
02-29-2012, 11:26 AM
It's funny. When we "found" it back in 1994, it was a little place that seated maybe 15. The neices and nephews all worked there and were basically the waitstaff. The daughter was sort of in charge. It looks way different now, but the food is exactly the same.

tooge
02-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Funny how what one man considers good would make another man leave the table.

We'll, you probably wouldn't have ordered that I'm guessing. I like that, so I ordered it.

Frosty
02-29-2012, 11:28 AM
I wanna live there dammit!

I suspect that it doesn't quite look like that right now.

gblowfish
02-29-2012, 11:38 AM
I guess by "favorites" it would be the places I go the most. There's not very many unique one of a kind restaurants left in Independence any more, most of the restaurants are chains.

They're bulldozing the old Stephenson's Restaurant this week to build a Quik Trip. The neon sign has been donated to the Jackson County Historical Society.

There's a few good original places on the Square. I really like Cafe Verona and The Rhineland German Cafe.

Here's where I go the most, for proximity, affordability and such:

Breakfast: Englewood Cafe: B&Gs and ham/cheese scramble.
Lunch: Courthouse Exchange, Back Yard Burger.
BBQ: Gates. Mixed Plate.
Seafood: Red Lobster. Build your own combo.
Steak: Texas Roadhouse. Filet.
Pizza: Minsky's, Fun House or Tim's Pizza. Square Pizza is OK, but not quite as good as first three.

There is NO good Mexican in Independence. Zero.

Over in the city my favorite AFFORDABLE places are:

Mexican: Manny's, Ponak's.
BBQ: Arthur Bryant's, LCs or Big T's.
Chicken: Stroud's
Sandwich: Planet Sub

My favorite fancy pants places are: The Savoy Grill, The Bristol, Capitol Grill and The Majestic Steak House. Bring your car title, you'll need it.

Saulbadguy
02-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Well that explains all I need to know.

What's that? I liked it as a kid, and then stopped liking it when I stopped liking kids food?

Saulbadguy
02-29-2012, 11:39 AM
For Northeast Kansas folk....

The best Chinese food i've ever had was from Silver Lake Chinese, in Silver Lake, KS.

It's only open Friday and Saturday night. Get there early.

DaKCMan AP
02-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Not really surprising, but many people don't eat well (well not meaning healthy). Wonder how much of it is due to means & availability and how much is due to ignorance.

Saulbadguy
02-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Not really surprising, but many people don't eat well (well not meaning healthy). Wonder how much of it is due to means & availability and how much is due to ignorance.

Different people have different tastes.

That being said, Bud Light is the best selling beer in America. Vanilla is the most popular flavor of ice cream. McDonalds is the most successful chains of restaurants in the world. Apple Pie won the Chiefsplanet Dessert contest.

I'd say your question is rhetorical, unless you are a dumbass.

Stewie
02-29-2012, 11:52 AM

When you sit down to a meal, why are you afraid?

vailpass
02-29-2012, 11:54 AM
We'll, you probably wouldn't have ordered that I'm guessing. I like that, so I ordered it.

Yes. Please don't think I was criticizing your choice, we all like what we like. I was being serious when I said it's funny how one man can like something very much and another can be put off by the same thing.

Like my wife's brother who, for some strange reason, cannot eat any meat off of a bone. Bastard can't eat ribs or a chicken leg or any meat where there is bone-in. WTF is that all about?

vailpass
02-29-2012, 11:54 AM
I suspect that it doesn't quite look like that right now.

Why wouldn't it?

patteeu
02-29-2012, 11:55 AM
One more chain. Village Inn for breakfast. I've only eaten at the one in Mesa, AZ but have done so on several occasions. I'm not sure if it's unique to that store (which is fairly new), but they do it up right.

I used to eat at Village Inn pretty regularly for breakfast when I was travelling a lot.

vailpass
02-29-2012, 11:57 AM
I used to eat at Village Inn pretty regularly for breakfast when I was travelling a lot.

There used to be a Village Inn in Cedar Rapids,IA that served yard beers in their bar. We'd get hammered as hell and be able to walk into the next room for our late-night hell food. Didn't even have to fumble into the car and drive crooked to Dennys.
#winning!!

patteeu
02-29-2012, 11:59 AM
There is NO good Mexican in Independence. Zero.

Incorrect. La Fuente is good, cheap, and pretty fast.

tooge
02-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Yes. Please don't think I was criticizing your choice, we all like what we like. I was being serious when I said it's funny how one man can like something very much and another can be put off by the same thing.

Like my wife's brother who, for some strange reason, cannot eat any meat off of a bone. Bastard can't eat ribs or a chicken leg or any meat where there is bone-in. WTF is that all about?

yes, that is wierd. I would rather gnaw around a chicken bone, rib bone, or T bone than eat meat any other way

DaKCMan AP
02-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Different people have different tastes.

True, but not relevant to the point.

That being said, Bud Light is the best selling beer in America. Vanilla is the most popular flavor of ice cream. McDonalds is the most successful chains of restaurants in the world. Apple Pie won the Chiefsplanet Dessert contest.

Precisely.

DaKCMan AP
02-29-2012, 12:07 PM
When you sit down to a meal, why are you afraid?

I'm not?

vailpass
02-29-2012, 12:13 PM
True, but not relevant to the point.

Exactly what point were you trying to make? I read your post but wasn't sure.

frankotank
02-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Mexican: Manny's

oh hell yeah! that's my shizzle right there. their hot salsa is crazy good. chips are sinful. I always get the monterey chicken burrito...

Saulbadguy
02-29-2012, 12:17 PM

He's pointing out that this board is full of hayseeds.

Huffmeister
02-29-2012, 12:18 PM
For higher-end fare, Julian (in Brookside) is very good.

vailpass
02-29-2012, 12:18 PM
He's pointing out that this board is full of hayseeds.

Oh. His awkward clarification of his usage of the term "well" left some doubt as to which way he was casting his judgement.
Let us all hear his words and take learning from it.

bevischief
02-29-2012, 12:22 PM
2 Amigos in Overland Park

KCUnited
02-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Forgot about that place... it's really good. There's also an authentic mexican place at I29 and Vivion, next to the bowling alley and Rent-a-Center.

They have a nice al pastor and a really good salsa for sale. Nice place.

bevischief
02-29-2012, 12:37 PM

Tell him them we need one in Fargo as well.

KCUnited
02-29-2012, 12:37 PM
For higher-end fare, Julian (in Brookside) is very good.

Their crispy pork shoulder is one of the best things I've ever tasted.

DaKCMan AP
02-29-2012, 12:42 PM

Conjecture that the reason people would list certain unexciting and underwhelming establishments as one of their favorite restaurants is more to do with lack of exposure or knowledge of much better alternatives.

Huffmeister
02-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Conjecture that the reason people would list certain unexciting and underwhelming establishments as one of their favorite restaurants is more to do with lack of exposure or knowledge of much better alternatives.
You forgot lack of pretentiousness, too.

vailpass
02-29-2012, 12:54 PM

LMAO

vailpass
02-29-2012, 12:56 PM

People that think they have it would never go into an Applebees; people that know they have it go anywhere they please.

tooge
02-29-2012, 12:58 PM

Has more to do with, not "is more to do with"

DaKCMan AP
02-29-2012, 01:07 PM

Eh, I enjoy food. Immensely.

People that think they have it would never go into an Applebees; people that know they have it go anywhere they please.

Ok? I avoid Applebees because there are infinite superior places to dine. Simple as that.

Has more to do with, not "is more to do with"

;)

Predarat
02-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Famous Daves - Pretty good for Nashville when you do not have KC BBQ at your disposal.
Logans - Decent food, good price.
Chick Fil A - The Sunday Special is the best!
Panda Express - Love the Orange Chicken and Pepper Chicken.
Five Guys - Cajun Fries FTW!

Bearcat
02-29-2012, 01:10 PM

Since I've gone from never drinking beer to being a beer snob over the past couple of years, I agree that the lack of exposure or knowledge are definitely two reasons... but, I think price is a big factor, as well as consistency.

If you go to Subway, you get so many slices or ounces of whatever, it goes into the oven for exactly 90 seconds, etc. When I go to Planet Sub, sometimes it looks like I get half or twice as much meat as the previous visit or it's overcooked or whatever.... not a big deal to me, but considering how most people won't bring it up so it can be fixed, I think people like being able to rely on a high level of consistency that's not always found at small/local places.

Also, most people I know get hooked on one or two menu items at certain restaurants, so even if they know there could be better alternatives, it's easier to keep going to a place they know than trying something new.

Bearcat
02-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Has anyone mentioned Longboards?

I completely forgot about it, but it's an excellent place for lunch in the Northland... their 5 alarm burrito wrap thing actually has a pretty good kick.

DaKCMan AP
02-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Since I've gone from never drinking beer to being a beer snob over the past couple of years, I agree that the lack of exposure or knowledge are definitely two reasons... but, I think price is a big factor, as well as consistency.

If you go to Subway, you get so many slices or ounces of whatever, it goes into the oven for exactly 90 seconds, etc. When I go to Planet Sub, sometimes it looks like I get half or twice as much meat as the previous visit or it's overcooked or whatever.... not a big deal to me, but considering how most people won't bring it up so it can be fixed, I think people like being able to rely on a high level of consistency that's not always found at small/local places.

Also, most people I know get hooked on one or two menu items at certain restaurants, so even if they know there could be better alternatives, it's easier to keep going to a place they know than trying something new.

I can agree with that. I suppose it has to do somewhat with personality. I may have a favorite menu item or restaurant and will still try something/someplace new on the chance that I'll like it even more.

Bugeater
02-29-2012, 01:21 PM
And I wonder how much is due to the fact that "healthy" foods generally taste like crap.

vailpass
02-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Eh, I enjoy food. Immensely.

Ok? I avoid Applebees because there are infinite superior places to dine. Simple as that.

I too enjoy dining. Your statement struck me wrong because I was raised to believe it is extremely rude and a sign of personal weakness to refer to people who may not have the same tastes or economic opportunities as you do as ignorant or unsophisticated.

Went to a new place here in town last week started by one of the IronChef and enjoyed it. If you are ever in Scottsdale you might give it a try...

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2012-02-23/restaurants/jose-garces-culinary-star-power-shines-at-old-town-whiskey-and-distrito/

|Zach|
02-29-2012, 01:23 PM

You try to too hard. You always have.

Inspector
02-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Gojo's is alright. I really like their ginger sauce

I prefer Maryann's sauce myself.

Predarat
02-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Another one is Wendys. Some local places, Demos, KirkenBurts, and Fat Moes.

frankotank
02-29-2012, 01:27 PM
in Greenwood mo there is a mexican place called El Dorado. it's one of our fav places. it's on hwy 150 on the east side of town just over the bridge. really good food. used to be a BBQ place. the chicken & chorizo fajitas are mucho good-o.

vailpass
02-29-2012, 01:28 PM

Did you change your name or did a mod do it?

DaKCMan AP
02-29-2012, 01:31 PM
And I wonder how much is due to the fact that "healthy" foods generally taste like crap.

1. Healthy foods generally don't taste like crap.

2. If you could read you'd would have read that I stated that I wasn't referring to "healthy" when I used the word "well".

Predarat
02-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Ahhh forgot about LaSiesta and Cheddars.

DaKCMan AP
02-29-2012, 01:35 PM
I too enjoy dining. Your statement struck me wrong because I was raised to believe it is extremely rude and a sign of personal weakness to refer to people who may not have the same tastes economic opportunities as you do as ignorant or unsophisticated.

Went to a new place here in town last week started by one of the IronChef and enjoyed it. If you are ever in Scottsdale you might give it a try...

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2012-02-23/restaurants/jose-garces-culinary-star-power-shines-at-old-town-whiskey-and-distrito/

I didn't mean unable due to lack of economic opportunity. There are food truck dining options and authentic dives restaurants that are outstanding... and cheap. What I was referring to are people who have spent their dining out lives eating at Olive Garden, PF Changs, Panda Express, Outback, etc. While some of those may be tasty and enjoyable I can't fathom listing any chain restaurant as a favorite. Chain restaurants, generally, offer the advantage of consistency in price, availability, quality (whether good or bad), etc. but with consistency in some areas comes sacrifice in others (creative freedom, local market fresh ingredients, and flavor quality).

vailpass
02-29-2012, 01:39 PM
I didn't mean unable due to lack of economic opportunity. There are food truck dining options and authentic dives restaurants that are outstanding... and cheap. What I was referring to are people who have spent their dining out lives eating at Olive Garden, PF Changs, Panda Express, Outback, etc. While some of those may be tasty and enjoyable I can't fathom listing any chain restaurant as a favorite. Chain restaurants, generally, offer the advantage of consistency in price, availability, quality (whether good or bad), etc. but with consistency in some areas comes sacrifice in others (creative freedom, local market fresh ingredients, and flavor quality).

I believe you. Your original statement sounds like you are calling people who don't care to explore the same culinary options you do as either dumb ("ignorance") or poor ("means").

FWIW those qualities you list for chain restaurants are exactly what some people look for when dining out so to them it's a good thing.

A dad with a wife and 3 kids might not give a shit about creative freedom, local market fresh or who is preparing his meal. But consistency in price, predictability of service, a menu with recognizable offerings for all, those are important to him.

DaKCMan AP
02-29-2012, 01:40 PM

Pot, meet kettle.

Stewie
02-29-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm not?

It seems you have very strict dietary obsessions... as if you eat something (or somewhere) not on your list you'll die.

sedated
02-29-2012, 01:41 PM
I loved Stonewall Pizza on 103rd and Pflumn, but it closed a month ago :(

DaKCMan AP
02-29-2012, 01:42 PM
I believe you. Your original statement sounds like you are calling people who don't care to explore the same culinary options you do as either dumb ("ignorance") or poor ("means").

I wouldn't say dumb so much as lacking knowledge or awareness. As far as means (poor), sure. Some people dine exclusively at fast food restaurants because they can't afford other options.

DaKCMan AP
02-29-2012, 01:44 PM
It seems you have very strict dietary obsessions... as if you eat something (or somewhere) not on your list you'll die.

No. I prefer to, and generally do, eat healthy. That doesn't mean I don't indulge now and then. I don't have a dietary obsession, but I do have a food obsession. I love food. Never scared of eating, but often excited.

Bearcat
02-29-2012, 01:49 PM

FWIW those qualities you list for chain restaurants are exactly what some people look for when dining out so to them it's a good thing.

A dad with a wife and 3 kids might not give a shit about creative freedom, local market fresh or who might be seen there. But consistency in price, predictability of service, a menu with recognizable offerings for all, those are important to him.

I think ignorance is a big factor, and there's nothing really wrong with that... I went to the Olive Garden and Subway countless times before discovering Bravo and Planet Sub. Maybe people don't care enough to change something that works for them or maybe they prefer the former to the latter (and earlier I mentioned the consistency factor)..... or maybe one day they'll try something new and say "holy crap, this is what I've been missing?!"

sedated
02-29-2012, 01:50 PM
I know a lot of people that go to On the Border and love it, not because they’ve never had a better Mexican place, but rather they have and still prefer On the Border.

Just like I still prefer Bud Light. Yeah, I said it. I’ve tasted several microbrews in my time (mostly because of beer snobs who felt they needed to enlighten and convert me). I liked some, hated some, but I will always go back to old faithful. If you don’t like it, then f**k you.

If spam tasted like filet mignon to you and only you, would you care that people think you are an idiot for eating spam every day?

DaKCMan AP
02-29-2012, 01:56 PM
I think ignorance is a big factor, and there's nothing really wrong with that... I went to the Olive Garden and Subway countless times before discovering Bravo and Planet Sub. Maybe people don't care enough to change something that works for them or maybe they prefer the former to the latter (and earlier I mentioned the consistency factor)..... or maybe one day they'll try something new and say "holy crap, this is what I've been missing?!"

Part of it is being afraid to try something new. My boss never had Indian food prior to me taking him to a restaurant on a business trip. He loved it. Last month I took about 12 of my classmates to a Korean restaurant who had never been before. They all loved it.

tooge
02-29-2012, 01:58 PM
I know a lot of people that go to On the Border and love it, not because they’ve never had a better Mexican place, but rather they have and still prefer On the Border.

Just like I still prefer Bud Light. Yeah, I said it. I’ve tasted several microbrews in my time (mostly because of beer snobs who felt they needed to enlighten and convert me). I liked some, hated some, but I will always go back to old faithful. If you don’t like it, then f**k you.

If spam tasted like filet mignon to you and only you, would you care that people think you are an idiot for eating spam every day?

One the Border is just fine for Tex Mex.

Stewie
02-29-2012, 02:05 PM

I love Planet Sub, but go to their website and check out the nutritional info. A simple whole Planet Sub (the sandwich) is 1200 calories.

burt
02-29-2012, 02:05 PM
I haven't read this whole thread.....yet.....but I love me some El Taquito, La Fonda, on SW Blve. I have also noticed that KC Outbacks have better steak than Florida Outbacks.

tooge
02-29-2012, 02:06 PM
surprised there isn't more love for Waldo Pizza. I love that place

burt
02-29-2012, 02:07 PM
One the Border is just fine for Tex Mex.

I agree. And I worked @ Annies Sante Fe in my youth. I enjoyed Mi Ranchito, Mannys, etc. On the Border had great "Ranchaladas"

vailpass
02-29-2012, 02:09 PM

Would it offend you if I told you the fact you think Planet Sub is somehow a step up in dining proves you are as ignorant as dakcman says?

Bearcat
02-29-2012, 02:10 PM

Heh, I almost brought this up earlier when I mentioned my beer snobbery.

I love Chipotle, and I get why some people would hate the hype... it might as well be the Budweiser of burritos, but even though I've tried better (and worse), I'll always go back. In some cases, it's definitely not a matter of ignorance or being afraid of change.

Bearcat
02-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Would it offend you if I told you the fact you think Planet Sub is somehow a step up in dining proves you are as ignorant as dakcman says?

If you said "Bearcat, you ignorant slut, (insert a sandwich shop that Bearcat has never tried) is so much better," I wouldn't be offended by it... I might even try the place if you promise to stop calling me a slut.

If you were to think Subway is better, then that's not really DaKCMan's point, since I've tried both... that's just a matter of opinion. You could call my choice disgusting or whatever, and it's not going to offend me. Different strokes, etc.

Saulbadguy
02-29-2012, 02:27 PM

Good job on totally missing the point.

Saulbadguy
02-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Heh, I almost brought this up earlier when I mentioned my beer snobbery.

I love Chipotle, and I get why some people would hate the hype... it might as well be the Budweiser of burritos, but even though I've tried better (and worse), I'll always go back. In some cases, it's definitely not a matter of ignorance or being afraid of change.

The only place I can really compare Chipotle to is Qdoba, and I find Chipotle much better than Qdoba.

Bearcat
02-29-2012, 02:37 PM
The only place I can really compare Chipotle to is Qdoba, and I find Chipotle much better than Qdoba.

I've never tried it. I don't know why KC doesn't have a Qdoba... it seems to be somewhat popular in Omaha and St. Louis.

Saulbadguy
02-29-2012, 02:41 PM
I've never tried it. I don't know why KC doesn't have a Qdoba... it seems to be somewhat popular in Omaha and St. Louis.

it sucks

Lonewolf Ed
02-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Barley's Brewhaus in Overland Park and Gringo's in Olathe. The guy who runs Gringo's is from London, so I like to speak British with him and call him a tosser, wanker, etc.

DJJasonp
02-29-2012, 02:44 PM
For the so-cal planeteers.....anything that ends in a 'bertos.....damn fine fast mexican.

Rare occasion I'm hungry for a burger: Fuddruckers or In N Out

When I'm back in KC:

Jack Stack
Pizza Shoppe

InChiefsHeaven
02-29-2012, 02:52 PM
it sucks

No way. I love Qdoba! Chips and Cheese FTW! Their tacos do suck, but the burritos make up for it.

KCUnited
02-29-2012, 02:54 PM
There used to be a Qdoba on 39th and Stateline, it didn't last long.

Dayze
02-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Thai place
75th street brewery
RA sushi

Bearcat
02-29-2012, 03:00 PM
No way. I love Qdoba! Chips and Cheese FTW! Their tacos do suck, but the burritos make up for it.

Looks like queso is an option for their burritos... that would be cool.

Saulbadguy
02-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Looks like queso is an option for their burritos... that would be cool.

yeah, velveeta + rotel on a burrito, real original. donkeys

Bearcat
02-29-2012, 03:08 PM
yeah, velveeta + rotel on a burrito, real original. donkeys

Yeah, I usually have to go to some fancy place like Abuelo's for that...

Dayze
02-29-2012, 03:17 PM
I ate at abuellos while visiting my parents in Arkansas and thought it was awesome. Best Mexican I've had in a while. I don't know if it was because I was really hungry or because I've tired of local Mexican which I don't think is all that great.

I'll go back to abuellos. I think I heard there is one up north in kc.

Saulbadguy
02-29-2012, 03:31 PM
I ate at abuellos while visiting my parents in Arkansas and thought it was awesome. Best Mexican I've had in a while. I don't know if it was because I was really hungry or because I've tired of local Mexican which I don't think is all that great.

I'll go back to abuellos. I think I heard there is one up north in kc.

hahahaha

Just Passin' By
02-29-2012, 03:32 PM
I've got a lot of places that I really enjoy

The Melting Pot is a great one for fondue and a dinner date

Texas Roadhouse is a nice chain steakhouse

Carrabba's is a nice chain for 'Italian'

Kobe is a very good Japanese Steahouse chain based around Orlando, Fl.

There's a great little Italian place called Bacco's in Melbourne, Fl

Emeril's has always been great for me

My favorite Hungarian and Chinese places have closed due to the deaths of the owners, so the best Chinese I can get now is at the Tropical Restaurant in Miami, Fl and I haven't found a decent Hungarian replacement

For some reason, I really love Papa Gino's pizza

I've never had a bad meal at Brennan's (New Orleans)

I've got a couple of different favorites when it comes to Indian and Thai food, and they're all little hole in the wall places in either Florida or the Northeast

I'm sure that I could think of some other great places, but those are the first that come to mind.

Nzoner
02-29-2012, 04:07 PM
What's that? I liked it as a kid, and then stopped liking it when I stopped liking kids food?

Yeah :rolleyes: baked primavera with broccoli and carrots etc. is definitely kids food.

O.city
02-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Senor Tequilas in the northland is pretty good.

Saulbadguy
02-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Yeah :rolleyes: baked primavera with broccoli and carrots etc. is definitely kids food.

I don't remember the pasta, just recall the pizza being crappy.

sedated
02-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Good job on totally missing the point.

Good job on overestimating how many f**ks I give.

Dayze
02-29-2012, 05:04 PM
LMAOGood job on overestimating how many f**ks I give.

LMAO
I love this place. I'm going to use that line at some point:evil:

RockChalk
02-29-2012, 05:09 PM
What happened to that restaurant in Olathe that was called "the Machine Shop" or something like that? That place seemed to always be full of people and then one day it was closed.

Machine Shed

People loved it for some reason. I believe what happened is that the lovers of this shit hole finally acquired taste buds. Upon eating there another time, they all collectively realized the place was serving something a grade below dog food. It then quickly closed.

RockChalk
02-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Anyone ever been to Gaslight Grill? I hear it mentioned in ads on 810 all the time.

I've never been, but it's mainly because I picture a bunch of Danny Clinkscale's sitting there all talking about how cool they are while eating fancy food and sipping wine.

BIG_DADDY
02-29-2012, 07:21 PM
NOBU, 5A5 Steak Lounge and Gogi's.

For something cheap on the run from a hole in the wall that seriously kicks ass I will take an ultimate garbage grinder at luigi's

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/218/1080533/restaurant/Luigis-Italian-Sandwiches-Medford

bevischief
02-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Machine Shed

People loved it for some reason. I believe what happened is that the lovers of this shit hole finally acquired taste buds. Upon eating there another time, they all collectively realized the place was serving something a grade below dog food. It then quickly closed.

Breakfast on Sunday mornings was great. Omelets to order. Other than that I agree.

Mama Hip Rockets
02-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Oklahoma Joe's

patteeu
02-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Here's one for those who are in the Phoenix area. Chino Bandito is a fusion of Chinese and Mexican food. Pretty unique, not very expensive and I found it tasty. They let you sample their stuff before you order if you're a first timer.

http://chinobandido.com/