PDA

View Full Version : Weather Tornado touches down in Branson and surrounding areas

Discuss Thrower
02-29-2012, 02:21 AM
I can't make heads or tails of what's going on listening to scanners, all I know is emergency workers are still being called in.

Scanner here: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=cwp&ctid=1584

Edits: Twitter reports buildings destroyed, scanner says there are some people reported as trapped. Mods, please edit title once its clear whether or not a tornado hit Branson.

FAX
02-29-2012, 02:30 AM
I can't make heads or tails of what's going on listening to scanners, all I know is emergency workers are still being called in.

Scanner here: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=cwp&ctid=1584

Edits: Twitter reports buildings destroyed, scanner says there are some people reported as trapped. Mods, please edit title once its clear whether or not a tornado hit Branson.

I'm sorry about Branson. That sucks.

But, wow. That scanner site is pretty damn cool. Can that thing pick up other cities, Mr. Discuss Thrower? That deal is really neat.

FAX

Discuss Thrower
02-29-2012, 02:32 AM
I'm sorry about Branson. That sucks.

But, wow. That scanner site is pretty damn cool. Can that thing pick up other cities, Mr. Discuss Thrower? That deal is really neat.

FAX

Not sure, found the link off a guy I was following on Twitter on the presumption he was some dude linked in with the local sports scene. As soon as the Tornado warning for Springfield / Greene county he got all storm-horny and contantly tweeting about anything he knew.

FAX
02-29-2012, 02:33 AM
Not sure, found the link off a guy I was following on Twitter on the presumption he was some dude linked in with the local sports scene. As soon as the Tornado warning for Springfield / Greene county he got all storm-horny and contantly tweeting about anything he knew.

I'll google up something, then brush my teeth, then do an internet search ... maybe they have something for Nashville or Davidson County.

I had no idea something like this was available.

Again ... sorry about Branson. Don't mean to hijack your thread thing.

FAX

Discuss Thrower
02-29-2012, 02:34 AM
Hijack to your heart's content, I was just surprised a thread hasn't been posted considering how aware people would be after Joplin's hit.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-29-2012, 02:34 AM
I already posted in the random post thread. Tornado down in Branson. My fucking brother in law is staying tonight right in the area where a couple of buildings were destroyed. Say a prayer. We can't reach him. This thing touched down right on the strip.

Phobia
02-29-2012, 02:37 AM
Hijack to your heart's content, I was just surprised a thread hasn't been posted considering how aware people would be after Joplin's hit.

Joplin got hit in prime-time. We are currently in the middle of most normal people's sleeping time.

FAX
02-29-2012, 02:57 AM
I already posted in the random post thread. Tornado down in Branson. My ****ing brother in law is staying tonight right in the area where a couple of buildings were destroyed. Say a prayer. We can't reach him. This thing touched down right on the strip.

Keep us posted, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts.

FAX

jjchieffan
02-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Here's what I found

At 1:25 a.m., a tornado moved through Branson. People reported theaters destroyed, roofs damaged, power lines down and large mature trees toppled in downtown Branson and other areas, and other damage, including the strip along Missouri 76. One person reported damage and people trapped on Mount Branson, east of downtown Branson across Lake Taneycomo, and in Hollister.

Before that storm got to Branson, it did damage in the Kimberling City area. Fourteen houses are reported to be damaged in the Joe Bald area. Power lines were down. Boat docks are floating free in Table Rock Lake. Southern Stone County firefighters were trying to reach damaged areas

BigMeatballDave
02-29-2012, 03:11 AM
God hates Missouri

Mr. Flopnuts
02-29-2012, 03:14 AM
My brother in law is safe. Buildings have been destroyed. This thing was worse than I originally thought. NOTHING like Joplin, but serious damage and injury none the less.

FAX
02-29-2012, 03:19 AM
Glad to hear the BIL is AOK.

Sounds like it was bad enough based on the scanner thing.

FAX

KurtCobain
02-29-2012, 03:23 AM
So Obama's doing this, right?
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
02-29-2012, 03:24 AM
My brother in law is safe. Buildings have been destroyed. This thing was worse than I originally thought. NOTHING like Joplin, but serious damage and injury none the less.

Tornado in fucking February. Wtf?

What's bad is no one thinks about this type of weather this time of year.

BigMeatballDave
02-29-2012, 03:25 AM
So Obama's doing this, right?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes. Black History Month is almost over. Just leaving his mark...

jjchieffan
02-29-2012, 03:37 AM

Glad ur brother in law is okay. I haven't seen anything yet, but I am up now because the wind and rain woke me up. It got pretty bad here.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-29-2012, 03:40 AM
Tornado in fucking February. Wtf?

What's bad is no one thinks about this type of weather this time of year.

season hasn't started yet. That's good. It's been in the 70's in the last week. Unseasonably warm weather.

BigMeatballDave
02-29-2012, 04:12 AM
season hasn't started yet. That's good. It's been in the 70's in the last week. Unseasonably warm weather.

Same here. Its supposed to be near 70 today.

We've had very little snow here this winter. An inch here and there.

ExtremeChief
02-29-2012, 05:46 AM
Here is a little info.. some video of damage

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/198767/2/Possible-Tornadoes-Damage-Branson-Other-Parts-of-Missouri

Dartgod
02-29-2012, 07:24 AM
God hates Missouri

It's because of the fags.

htismaqe
02-29-2012, 07:47 AM
We had thunder and lightning here last night in the great white north...

Bob Dole
02-29-2012, 07:58 AM
It's because of the pillowbiters.

Or the meth labs.

http://fox4kc.com/2012/02/29/pictures-branson-tornado-damage/

mikeyis4dcats.
02-29-2012, 08:25 AM
where were the rings! THE RINGS!

BoneKrusher
02-29-2012, 08:45 AM
just saw this on the weather channel as i woke this morning.

it's supposed to get really nasty here in Virginia today.

acarter25
02-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Got some damage here south of parsons. A couple houses gone and quite a bit of damage. It was an intense storm. Some power is out in about a 45 mile radius and schools are cancelled here, even Pitt state cancelled.

JoeyChuckles
02-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Is Shoji okay?

Renegade
02-29-2012, 09:41 AM
I live in Branson, and it appears as if it was an f-1 tornado. Most of the damage is on the strip (yes Shoji is ok) and the landing. I slept through the whole thing, and I only live 2 miles from the landing. No fatalities, which is good. Had this happened next week during the national NAIA Men's DII tournament, it could have been a lot worse.

My theory is that God doesn't hate Missouri, only Wal-Mart. The Wal-Mart in Joplin and Branson both destroyed, so that makes me think this is true.

Valiant
02-29-2012, 10:03 AM

This shit started happening after we started restricting the tittybars...

seaofred
02-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Cassville, Shell Knob, Kimberling City, Branson, Lebanon, and Buffalo all got damage last night.

Cassville and Buffalo both had deaths.

Dartgod
02-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Cassville, Shell Knob, Kimberling City, Branson, Lebanon, and Buffalo all got damage last night.

Cassville and Buffalo both had deaths.
Yikes. I'll be at Bennett Springs this weekend. Pretty close by.

Renegade
02-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Bennett Springs had several campers destroyed. Cleanup there is going to take a while also

J Diddy
02-29-2012, 01:24 PM
I guess there were some around these parts last night as well. Less than a year from dealing with the joplin tornado pittsburg got hit by something. Tore down power lines, roofs etc.

Scared the poo out of me.

ROYC75
02-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Reports that a twister came through our town here, took part of the roof off the middle school auditorium, my grand daughter was in gym class when it hit, scared the crap out of her. No injuries to report, as I picked them her and her brother up, it appeared to be more straight line winds to me. I saw a lot of damage from other buildings, trees, etc.

BoneKrusher
02-29-2012, 01:57 PM
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/29/tornado-captured-on-video-ripping-through-kansas/?hpt=hp_t1
last nights Tornado in Kansas caught on video.

Dartgod
02-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Bennett Springs had several campers destroyed. Cleanup there is going to take a while also

Ruh roh. Opening day of trout season is tomorrow and I'm heading down there Friday.

BigMeatballDave
02-29-2012, 02:03 PM

Was Clay in Missouri yesterday?