PDA

View Full Version : Football Henne expected to make more than $4 million-per-season

Mr_Tomahawk
02-29-2012, 03:57 PM
Among quarterbacks expected to change teams this offseason, there’s Peyton Manning, Matt Flynn, and everyone else.

Chad Henne is reportedly getting the most attention of everyone else.

Alex Marvez of FoxSports.com reports that Henne is drawing the strongest tampering consideration of any of the “1A” quarterback options. Also in that group: Kyle Orton, Jason Campbell, David Garrard, and Vince Young.

Henne expects to land a deal between $4-5 million, which is more than a traditional backup usually gets. Marvez writes that the Jets are considered a “strong contender” to land Henne. Seattle, Kansas City, and Denver are mentioned as other possible fits.

We think Henne could find some success in the right situation. Given a choice between him and Mark Sanchez, we’d take Henne. With that said, we don’t think Henne is worth more than Orton or Campbell.

If the Jets really want a veteran not named Manning to push Sanchez, there’s no need to overpay.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/29/henne-expected-to-make-more-than-4-million-per-season/

No thanks.
I'd rather have Orton...

O.city
02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Well enjoy him Jets.

If we could get Orton for less than 4 per year I would be happy with it.

Okie_Apparition
02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Compared to Manning's salary
sounds like back up money

redsurfer11
02-29-2012, 04:57 PM
I'd sign him ASAP. Henne looked real good last year before his injury.

whoman69
02-29-2012, 05:09 PM
There are only four possibilities for Pioli to fulfill his statement that the "Chiefs will add competition for Cassel." I discount RG3/Luck as unrealistic.

If we sign anyone else than:
1. Manning
2. Flynn
3. Orton
4. Cambell

: Pioli is lying off his ass. I don't consider Henne to be any sort of competion. If Pioli signs anyone else besides these four, he should be fired. If he signs option three or four, he really didn't try that hard.

Mr. Laz
02-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Given a choice between him and Mark Sanchez, we’d take Henne.[/url]

How the mighty have fallen LMAO

it seems like such a short time ago that the douche patrol had their hair on fire running around screaming that Sanchez was a franchise guy and Pioli would burn in hell for not drafting him.

Okie_Apparition
02-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Sanchez was just 25 in Nov
If someone pulls his head out in time he could be okay

02-29-2012, 06:22 PM
There are only four possibilities for Pioli to fulfill his statement that the "Chiefs will add competition for Cassel." I discount RG3/Luck as unrealistic.

1. Manning
2. Flynn
3. Orton
4. Cambell

: Pioli is lying off his ass. I don't consider Henne to be any sort of competion. If Pioli signs anyone else besides these four, he should be fired. If he signs option three or four, he really didn't try that hard.
Campbell? Seriously? He shouldn't even be mentioned.

DeezNutz
02-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Not too long ago, some on here were speculating that Orton would draw 10 per. Yeah...no.

ILChief
02-29-2012, 06:38 PM

I would rather sign Henne, Clausen, or even Quinn than Campbell

Bump
02-29-2012, 06:41 PM
I would rather sign Henne, Clausen, or even Quinn than Campbell

all 4 still > Cassel

so any of them would be an upgrade, but Peyton or RG3 would be the only way to the big dance.

Okie_Apparition
02-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Cassel will be backing up Tebow
He can't be demoted, it just wouldn't work

AustinChief
02-29-2012, 06:59 PM

1. Manning
2. Flynn
3. Orton
4. Cambell

Wow.. this is just ridiculous. Henne is better then all of those but Orton... of course Manning is better IF he ever gets his strength back.. but he is a giant question mark right now. Flynn could be the next great thing.. but same was said of Cassel (who had far more starts at that point). Flynn is completely unproven.. you may as well say that Hoyer and Mallett are better. And Campbell? Seriously?

milkman
02-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Wow.. this is just ridiculous. Henne is better then all of those but Orton... of course Manning is better IF he ever gets his strength back.. but he is a giant question mark right now. Flynn could be the next great thing.. but same was said of Cassel (who had far more starts at that point). Flynn is completely unproven.. you may as well say that Hoyer and Mallett are better. And Campbell? Seriously?

If someone could coach up Henne so that he stops making bad decisions, he'd be the best on the market.

whoman69
02-29-2012, 07:08 PM

Probably, but I didn't want to seem too close minded.

AustinChief
02-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Probably, but I didn't want to seem too close minded.

My point is that I think Henne IS legit competition for Cassel. That doesn't say much for Cassel but it is what it is.

Titty Meat
02-29-2012, 07:16 PM
My point is that I think Henne IS legit competition for Cassel. That doesn't say much for Cassel but it is what it is.

This team won't win 10 games with Henne.

milkman
02-29-2012, 07:17 PM
This team won't win 10 games with Henne.

And it won't win 10 games with Cassel, so it's all good.

whoman69
02-29-2012, 07:41 PM

You basing Henne's greatness on his 31-37 TD/INT ratio, his 13-18 record as a starter, or the fact he takes a sack on nearly 6% of pass plays?

Let's play a game called Henne/Orton/Campbell.

Who has the highest TD/INT ratio? Campbell, only one with a positive ratio
Who has the lowest TD/INT ratio? Henne
Who has the highest completion %? Campbell
Who has the lowest completion %? Orton
Who has the highest QB rating? Campbell
Who has the lowest QB rating? Campbell
Who has the lowest rating? Henne

The only reason that I included Orton is that we have seen he is an upgrade over Cassel. Campbell is better than Orton in every measurable category. Flynn has the most upside of any having been in the Green Bay system for 4 years now. Flynn is partly an unknown, but young enough I'd take him over the known which is Cassel. I don't believe the upside on Cambell or Orton is higher than first round playoff loss or perhaps a divisional round win at home. We all know Cassel's limit is an occassional victory over a 9 win team.

whoman69
02-29-2012, 07:49 PM

I'd say he's on par with Cassel, which doesn't say much. I don't consider him even a Kyle Orton upgrade. Someone who is only as good as the QB you already have isn't competition, its a coin toss. I don't see an upside with Henne and his poor decision making.

AustinChief
02-29-2012, 07:54 PM
You basing Henne's greatness on his 31-37 TD/INT ratio, his 13-18 record as a starter, or the fact he takes a sack on nearly 6% of pass plays?

Let's play a game called Henne/Orton/Campbell.

Who has the highest TD/INT ratio? Campbell, only one with a positive ratio
Who has the lowest TD/INT ratio? Henne
Who has the highest completion %? Campbell
Who has the lowest completion %? Orton
Who has the highest QB rating? Campbell
Who has the lowest QB rating? Campbell
Who has the lowest rating? Henne

This is what happens when you look at meaningless stats taken out of context instead of watching the players play. I have watched a ton of Henne and his numbers are far worse then he is. Henne makes some bonehead decisions but that can be coached out of him (hopefully) AND he also tried to hard to force things while on an awful team. I certainly don't HATE Campbell, but Henne is younger, stronger and just plain better, no question.

Regardless, Henne or Orton are LEGITIMATE competition for Cassel. Flynn and Manning MAY be, who knows. Campbell is pushing credulity a bit.

AustinChief
02-29-2012, 07:57 PM
I'd say he's on par with Cassel, which doesn't say much. I don't consider him even a Kyle Orton upgrade. Someone who is only as good as the QB you already have isn't competition, its a coin toss. I don't see an upside with Henne and his poor decision making.

Here is where you are wrong. even if we go with the incorrect assumption that Henne and Cassel are equal.. then Henne IS competition. Competition means they can compete... not that the new guy will automatically win out. Your definition of "competition" is skewed from .. well ... everyone else.

And the upside to Henne is that he is far more of a natural leader AND physical a massive upgrade over Cassel.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Sign Orton and Draft Tannehill.

talastan
02-29-2012, 09:04 PM
I don't want Henne. Might as well sign Orton and work with Stanzi. Stanzi is a better QB IMO.

AustinChief
02-29-2012, 09:40 PM
I don't want Henne. Might as well sign Orton and work with Stanzi. Stanzi is a better QB IMO.

What the what??? He certainly wasn't even close in college and he has yet to do ANYTHING on the pro level.. so I'm not sure what this is based on. I WANT Stanzi to be better but he has shown ZERO in that regard so far. Of course it could be our coaching staff holding him back or the lack of proper offseason... but we have ZERO evidence that he is anything yet.

Hammock Parties
03-01-2012, 05:34 AM
Henne is a Jet.

@NFLDraftBible
Reports in #NewYork that the Jets have inked Chad Henne as backup QB. He joins Tony Sparano, leash just got short for Sanchez. @NYDailyNews

jspchief
03-01-2012, 07:49 AM
Henne is a Jet.

@NFLDraftBible
Reports in #NewYork that the Jets have inked Chad Henne as backup QB. He joins Tony Sparano, leash just got short for Sanchez. @NYDailyNews

Good. I don't want us bringing in that type of QB, regardless of my hate for Cassel.

jd1020
03-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Henne is a Jet.

@NFLDraftBible

How is this even possible?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-01-2012, 07:51 AM
Henne is a Jet.

@NFLDraftBible

Ummmm...tampering?

FA hasn't begun...

jd1020
03-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Ummmm...tampering?

FA hasn't begun...

I'll laugh if its true and then the NFL steps and prohibits them from signing him now.

King_Chief_Fan
03-01-2012, 08:11 AM

Ok, state how Stanzi is a better QB than Henne? Very bizarre claim

AndChiefs
03-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Ok, state how Stanzi is a better QB than Henne? Very bizarre claim

He played for Iowa.