PDA

View Full Version : Weather Tornado's

The Dawg
03-04-2012, 08:25 PM
I have seen a tornado or two in my life. (only 23) But I have always been fascinated by these storms. The damage they do is awful, but the storms themselves are fascinating. I also admit that I am frankly a pussy when it comes to storms of this magnitude. I hate driving at night if there is a tornado watch or even if we are in a slight risk area for storms.

So what's everyone's consensus on Tornado's? Anyone else follow the SPC quite often and share my fascination of these freakish storms?

Grammar lesson 101

J Diddy
03-04-2012, 08:27 PM
What I have for tornado's is not a fascination. It is a fear and a loathing.

They blow.

tredadda
Born and raised in the KC area (for 18 years, although I am now 35) and never saw one. Don't know how that was possible, but it is.

kysirsoze
Tornado's what? Is that the name of a bar or something?

Bwana
03-04-2012, 08:28 PM
When I was in radio several years ago, three of us took off from the station with a bottle of jack and a case of beer and chased after one. We did several "live reports." After a few of hours, our live reports ended, because we were having WAY to much fun.

The Dawg
03-04-2012, 08:30 PM
When I was in radio several years ago, three of us took off from the station with a bottle of jack and a case of beer and chased after one. We did several "live reports." After a few of hours, our live reports ended, because we were having WAY to much fun.

I've always wanted to chase one- But I'm no idiot. I'll leave that to the "professorial" storm chasers :shake:

tredadda
03-04-2012, 08:34 PM
I've always wanted to chase one- But I'm no idiot. I'll leave that to the "professorial" storm chasers :shake:

You should be good as long as you are following them and not being chased by them. :)

J Diddy
03-04-2012, 08:34 PM

I don't need to chase them. They usually find me.

Bwana
03-04-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't need to chase them. They usually find me.

That.........is not a good thing.

Rasputin
03-04-2012, 08:51 PM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/KCTattoo58/tornado1.jpg

What's so scary about that?

Shogun
03-04-2012, 08:53 PM
saw the greensburg tornado too close for comfort. also one f-5 when I was an infant im told. The greenburg one was scary as a motherfucker. Helped do some rebuiding in that town too.

Bugeater
03-04-2012, 08:54 PM
My thoughts on "tornado's" is that it's a fucking plural and therefore doesn't require a fucking apostrophe you ignorant fuckstick.

CoMoChief
03-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Tornados are cool. I would love to be a storm chaser in one of those armored cars.

KS Smitty
03-04-2012, 08:59 PM
My thoughts on "tornado's" is that it's a ****ing plural and therefore doesn't require a ****ing apostrophe you ignorant ****stick.

You could put an "e" after the 2nd "o" although that's not necessary.

Rasputin
03-04-2012, 08:59 PM
saw the greensburg tornado too close for comfort. also one f-5 when I was an infant im told. The greenburg one was scary as a mother****er. Helped do some rebuiding in that town too.

Yea, Greensburg made a hell of a come back. That's a true American way to rebuild a community. :thumb:

That was a hell of a storm JHT!!!

CoMoChief
03-04-2012, 09:03 PM
My thoughts on "tornado's" is that it's a ****ing plural and therefore doesn't require a ****ing apostrophe you ignorant ****stick.

tourette's???

kysirsoze
03-04-2012, 09:07 PM

Lacks the subtlety of my response, but certainly gets points for psychotic rage.

kysirsoze
03-04-2012, 09:07 PM
tourette's???

STOP USING APOSTROPHES!!!!!

ClevelandBronco
03-04-2012, 09:13 PM
tourette's???

Well, actually in that case it's okay.

kysirsoze
03-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Well, actually in that case it's okay.

DAMMIT

Valiant
03-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Born and raised in the KC area (for 18 years, although I am now 35) and never saw one. Don't know how that was possible, but it is.

33 and have not seen one either.. I always sleep through them when they hit, and thankfully have never been by my house.. Closest was 1/4 mile away..

Rain Man
03-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Tornadoes are scary. They look like a peek into Armageddon.

ClevelandBronco
DAMMIT

All right, all right.

No apostrophe's.

Rasputin
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/KCTattoo58/Fire20Tornado1.jpg

As if regular tornadoes aren't bad enough, fire tornado.

Rain Man
03-04-2012, 09:20 PM
As if regular tornadoes aren't bad enough, fire tornado.

I didn't need to see that. Fire tornadoes could rule the earth.

Demonpenz
03-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I run outside whenever the tornado sirens are on and hope in my prelude to see the haps@

Bugeater
03-04-2012, 09:29 PM
33 and have not seen one either.. I always sleep through them when they hit, and thankfully have never been by my house.. Closest was 1/4 mile away..
43 and haven't seen one live. Had one graze my neighborhood a couple years ago, and I was outside when it happened but I didn't see the damn thing because it was around 1:30 in the morning.

J Diddy
03-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Tornados are cool. I would love to be a storm chaser in one of those armored cars.

162 people in Joplin would like to argue that point with you, but they can't.

CoMoChief
03-04-2012, 09:34 PM

CAPS LOCK POLICE WILL FUCK YOU UP!!!!

CoMoChief
03-04-2012, 09:35 PM
162 people in Joplin would like to argue that point with you, but they can't.

dude STFU. yeah it sucks that town got creamed, but don't be a fucktard about it.

tornados are amazing storms.

J Diddy
03-04-2012, 09:39 PM
dude STFU. yeah it sucks that town got creamed, but don't be a ****tard about it.

tornados are amazing storms.

Little sensitive seeing as that was less than a year ago, then less than a week ago Pitt was hit by the wind strength of an f1 or f2. It wasn't deemed a tornado, but it was too close for me.

I can't think of a positive thing that comes from those fuckers and refuse to sit in awe of them.

You can drive around them all you want. I'll be the guy driving the other way.

Rain Man
03-04-2012, 09:42 PM
43 and haven't seen one live. Had one graze my neighborhood a couple years ago, and I was outside when it happened but I didn't see the damn thing because it was around 1:30 in the morning.

I saw one when I was about 8. We were jumping in the car to head to the emergency shelter, and it was scary as heck. It didn't damage our house, but there was a church across the street from us that had a sign on two metal poles that were like flagpoles, and it twisted the sign around. That's a hard thing to do, I would think.

Crush
03-04-2012, 09:46 PM
I am pretty sure that it has been proven that Matt Cassel has more sucking power than most recorded tornadoes.

Bugeater
03-04-2012, 09:50 PM
I saw one when I was about 8. We were jumping in the car to head to the emergency shelter, and it was scary as heck. It didn't damage our house, but there was a church across the street from us that had a sign on two metal poles that were like flagpoles, and it twisted the sign around. That's a hard thing to do, I would think.
Heh, there's a part of me that's dying to see one, but there's another part of me that thinks if I did I'd likely just stand there paralyzed with fear while pissing myself.

Crush
03-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Heh, there's a part of me that's dying to see one, but there's another part of me that thinks if I did I'd likely just stand there paralyzed with fear while pissing myself.

Same here.

Rasputin
03-04-2012, 09:52 PM
I am pretty sure that it has been proven that Matt Cassel has more sucking power than most recorded tornadoes.

QFT

&

That is a lot of SUCK!

JD10367
03-04-2012, 10:02 PM
It's very ****ing simple, people. Really.

#1: If it indicates belonging, put in an apostrophe. The dog's collar. The car's muffler.

#2: If it's plural, put it on the outside. The players' helmets. The testicles' pubes.

#3: It can be used to shorten and connect words, substituting in places for "not", "did", "am", "is", "had", and can also be used to shorten the start of some words. You don't know shit. That's right. He's a moron. Where's my hooker. I'm going to pound her in the butt. You'd better back up 'cause I don't know how big this gets. Where'd you put the shovel, we need to bury her.

THAT'S ****ING IT!! THOSE ARE WHERE YOU USE IT!! YOU DON'T JUST PUT ONE IN EVERY TIME YOU ****ING PLURALIZE SOMETHING!! FOR ****'S SAKE!!

(Note: I'm not really sure where that expression comes from, so that apostrophe may go on the outside, or may not even be needed.)

Lumpy
03-04-2012, 10:15 PM
We went through an F5 ripping up my hometown in '91. Before it hit the town, we were watching it move in and it was horrifying. My parents loaded us, (along w/ our dog), in the car and we drove North away from the storm. When we returned, our town was destroyed and they almost didn't let us back in. Luckily, my dad knew the cops and they let us pass.

Our house wasn't hit, but the strip mall my dad's business was in had some damage. We couldn't drive to our house, due to the debris on the roads, so we slept in my dad's shop. One of my brothers joined up w/ a search group to look for survivors and he found his ex-gf deceased. He was in pretty bad shape mentally after witnessing that.

Tornadoes are fascinating, but after having one hit my town, I never want to see another one.

Setsuna
03-04-2012, 10:30 PM
I need to know about these things. I'm use to hurricanes and knowing when and where they will hit. I should be in manhattan by july or august and then for the next 3 or 4 years. How do I deal with this unknown threat?

Bugeater
03-04-2012, 10:32 PM
I need to know about these things. I'm use to hurricanes and knowing when and where they will hit. I should be in manhattan by july or august and then for the next 3 or 4 years. How do I deal with this unknown threat?
If you see one, place your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.

ClevelandBronco
03-04-2012, 10:35 PM
...FOR ****'S SAKE!!

(Note: I'm not really sure where that expression comes from, so that apostrophe may go on the outside, or may not even be needed.)

**** is best when it's plural.

Setsuna
03-04-2012, 10:37 PM
If you see one, place your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.

I suppose that's the best course of action. What about hiding under a desk like in earthquake drills we had in school in freaking Florida for the better part of my youth?:shake:

Renegade
03-04-2012, 10:38 PM
I remember living in Lindsborg KS one summer and the tornado sirens went off. Like a fool I went outside (I felt safer outside than the dirt bag house I was staying in). I remember seeing 7 different tails (actual rotation and a defined tail) drop from the sky, then jump right back up in about 5 minutes. They said all 7 touched down less than 2 miles from where I was. That was a very surreal moment for me.

And yes I am fascinated by them, and I have seen or been close (even driven through two) to over a dozen in my lifetime.

Bugeater
03-04-2012, 10:57 PM
I suppose that's the best course of action. What about hiding under a desk like in earthquake drills we had in school in freaking Florida for the better part of my youth?:shake:
That's fine too, as long as the desk is in a room (preferably reinforced) in the lowest level of the building and not near any windows.

HonestChieffan
03-04-2012, 10:59 PM
THAT'S ****ING IT!! THOSE ARE WHERE YOU USE IT!! YOU DON'T JUST PUT ONE IN EVERY TIME YOU ****ING PLURALIZE SOMETHING!! FOR ****'S SAKE!!

Pluralize is a word's?
Pluralize are a words'?

I dunno.

Valiant
03-04-2012, 11:29 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Qmv05OJGLA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I0IGMhouy0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Valiant
03-04-2012, 11:31 PM
We went through an F5 ripping up my hometown in '91. Before it hit the town, we were watching it move in and it was horrifying. My parents loaded us a, (along w/ our dog), in the car and we drove North away from the storm. When we returned, our town was destroyed and they almost didn't let us back in. Luckily, my dad knew the cops and they let us pass.

Our house wasn't hit, but the strip mall my dad's business was in had some damage. We couldn't drive to our house, due to the debris on the roads, so we slept in my dad's shop. One of my brothers joined up w/ a search group to look for survivors and he found his ex-gf deceased. He was in pretty bad shape mentally after witnessing that.

Tornadoes are fascinating, but after having one hit my town, I never want to see another one.

Yeah I do not think many people could cope with finding a loved one or someone they knew in a situation like that..

They are amazing to watch at a distance and on video, but they can be some terrorizing also..

CoMoChief
03-04-2012, 11:48 PM
only on CP can a thread about tornadoes turn into an english lesson.

Mama Hip Rockets
03-05-2012, 12:40 AM
It's very ****ing simple, people. Really.

#1: If it indicates belonging, put in an apostrophe. The dog's collar. The car's muffler.

#2: If it's plural, put it on the outside. The players' helmets. The testicles' pubes.

#3: It can be used to shorten and connect words, substituting in places for "not", "did", "am", "is", "had", and can also be used to shorten the start of some words. You don't know shit. That's right. He's a moron. Where's my hooker. I'm going to pound her in the butt. You'd better back up 'cause I don't know how big this gets. Where'd you put the shovel, we need to bury her.

ROFL

Phobia
03-05-2012, 12:48 AM
We went through an F5 ripping up my hometown in '91. Before it hit the town, we were watching it move in and it was horrifying. My parents loaded us, (along w/ our dog), in the car and we drove North away from the storm. When we returned, our town was destroyed and they almost didn't let us back in. Luckily, my dad knew the cops and they let us pass.

That must have been awful. I'll bet you ended up marrying the first loser who came along after an experience after that.

Lumpy
03-05-2012, 01:26 AM
That must have been awful. I'll bet you ended up marrying the first loser who came along after an experience after that.

ROFL

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzjz2bxCpt1r3k91no2_400.gif

I met Gonzo 3 years after the tornado and there were plenty of "losers" before him.

Bob Dole
03-05-2012, 05:16 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Qmv05OJGLA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I0IGMhouy0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Those are not tornados.
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
03-05-2012, 06:33 AM
I am awed by tornadoes. But I've never had to deal with them, so it's easy to be awed at them from a distance.

I would think at some point a state in the path of them is going to make tornado shelters mandatory in every public and private building.

mikey23545
03-05-2012, 07:27 AM

I don't think you ever been in the state of Florida in your life.

I've lived in Florida my entire life, and I will guaran-damn-tee you there are no such things as "earthquake drills".

And if you've been in Florida very long and don't know what a fucking tornado is you must be living underground. We have lots of tornadoes, though granted they don't grow to the size of those midwest monsters.

Where the hell do you really come from?

BoneKrusher
03-05-2012, 07:34 AM
i've been lucky, never seen a Tornado other than on CNN and i hope i make it the rest of my life w/o seeing one close up.

HonestChieffan
03-05-2012, 07:41 AM

English....lets remember our capitalization.

Predarat
03-05-2012, 08:19 AM
I am fascinated by them but I know what they can do. When I lived in Wichita I saw two of them, the Andover tornado in 1991, it was coming straight at our neighborhood when it was at F5 strenght and veered to the east of us, so we got lucky there. Either later that year or the next year I saw another smaller one between Andover and Augusta. Then I saw the 2009 Murfreesboro tornado when it was in devlopment stage. I was watching it when it was a wall cloud, it dissapeared behind some hills and trees. Then I heard this high pitch squeling like sound, then the rumble and roar of a tornado on the ground. I had to head to a well house for shelter and the tornado ripped the roof of the thing and broke a pipe while I was in there. It came withing 50-100 yards of where I was.

Lzen
03-05-2012, 08:47 AM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Qmv05OJGLA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I0IGMhouy0Q" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Stupid KSU fans. :shake:

Setsuna
03-05-2012, 08:49 AM
I don't think you ever been in the state of Florida in your life.

I've lived in Florida my entire life, and I will guaran-damn-tee you there are no such things as "earthquake drills".

And if you've been in Florida very long and don't know what a ****ing tornado is you must be living underground. We have lots of tornadoes, though granted they don't grow to the size of those midwest monsters.

Where the hell do you really come from?
Are you ****ing doubting me you conniving little bitch? I was born and raised in Jacksonville, FL on january 14, 1988. I grew up in a neighborhood called Tiffany Pines on McCormick road for over 20 years. I went to Sabal Palm Elem, then R.L. Brown Elem., then to Darnell Cookman middle school, then Paxon School for Advanced Studies for high school. Graduated in 2006, went to the University of Florida for 2 1/2 years, didn't do shit, got kicked out, came back to Jacksonville, did nothing for another 2 years. Started going to Florida State College at Jacksonville from 2010 up to now, and now finishing my AA in order to transfer to KSU for Architectural Engineering. Now bitch, tell me I've never been to Florida again. We had earthquake drills in elem and middle school. Either you are 10 years old or were too old to notice the world pass you by or some shit. Don't ever tell me I know nothing about Florida. Just don't. /rant

Lzen
03-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Are you ****ing doubting me you conniving little bitch? I was born and raised in Jacksonville, FL on january 14, 1988. I grew up in a neighborhood called Tiffany Pines on McCormick road for over 20 years. I went to Sabal Palm Elem, then R.L. Brown Elem., then to Darnell Cookman middle school, then Paxon School for Advanced Studies for high school. Graduated in 2006, went to the University of Florida for 2 1/2 years, didn't do shit, got kicked out, came back to Jacksonville, did nothing for another 2 years. Started going to Florida State College at Jacksonville from 2010 up to now, and now finishing my AA in order to transfer to KSU for Architectural Engineering. Now bitch, tell me I've never been to Florida again. We had earthquake drills in elem and middle school. Either you are 10 years old or were too old to notice the world pass you by or some shit. Don't ever tell me I know nothing about Florida. Just don't. /rant

Just curious but wtf would you have earthquake drills in Florida?

Lzen
03-05-2012, 08:52 AM
I am awed by tornadoes. But I've never had to deal with them, so it's easy to be awed at them from a distance.

I would think at some point a state in the path of them is going to make tornado shelters mandatory in every public and private building.

Meh. I've live in Kansas my entire life and I have never seen one up close. Granted, there have been many times where the sirens go off and we go to the basement for awhile. But I've been lucky to have never had to see one up close.

RockChalk
03-05-2012, 09:08 AM
I had to head to a well house for shelter and the tornado ripped the roof of the thing and broke a pipe while I was in there. It came withing 50-100 yards of where I was.

They made a movie about you!

http://www.ynsyaa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/leatherbelttwister.jpg

Predarat
03-05-2012, 09:22 AM
They made a movie about you!

http://www.ynsyaa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/leatherbelttwister.jpg

If it were the tornado in that movie I would have been sent to oz.

RockChalk
03-05-2012, 09:22 AM
I've seen 4 tornadoes (one was later defined as a microburst, but I will debate that for as long as I'm alive)

1) First real vivid memory. 3 years old, living in Enid OK. Watched one in a field across from my parents house. Yes, all of the neighbors, including my folks, stood outside on our driveways watching the thing. It was pretty far off though.

2) Down in Wichita for some family thing. Must've been 9 or 10. Saw one drop out of a wall cloud while we were getting on I-35 to head back to KC. Nothing impressive really.

3) One rolled through Lawrence in May 2003. Watched it tear up a few apartment complexes in SW Lawrence from my work. I was a good 2-3 miles away from it (in NW Larry) and a bunch of debris (insulation, papers, glass, etc) came flying down in the parking lot where I was watching it.

4) Final one (microburst according to NWS) was in March 2006. I remember it was a Sunday morning, probably around 7am or so. I woke up to what sounded like a train outside my bedroom window. Started off real distant, then just got louder and louder. I peeked through my blinds to see a tree completely bent over (top was touching the ground) and then noticed the twister about 5 houses down. Closed the blinds, house started shaking, then it moved on. Roommates at the time, both deep sleepers, woke up yelling 'WTF was that'. Not much structural damage in my neighborhood other than some shingles and siding getting ripped off. A house a little ways down the street had it's garage door ripped out. The damage got worse as it moved east through town, but nothing crazy. As mentioned, the NWS eventually classified it as a microburst, but that's bs.

RockChalk
03-05-2012, 09:23 AM
If it were the tornado in that movie I would have been sent to oz.

BS. That very scene proves that all you need is a good leather belt.

Valiant
03-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Those are not tornados.
Posted via Mobile Device

I did not name the videos. But most people would not know the difference between a dust devil and tornado. And looking again, the bigger one is a tornado as it formed from a cloud.

kepp
03-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Tragic related story...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/05/us/indiana-tornado-girl/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Lzen
03-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Tragic related story...

That's sad, but I just don't understand why anyone would stay in a trailer during a tornado.

Lumpy
03-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Tragic related story...

I saw the headline on MSN's homepage this morning about the little girl passing. Very tragic. :(

RockChalk
03-05-2012, 11:34 AM
I saw the headline on MSN's homepage this morning about the little girl passing. Very tragic. :(

she's with her family now. I guess that's the only silver lining, albeit a slight one.

J Diddy
03-05-2012, 11:35 AM
That's sad, but I just don't understand why anyone would stay in a trailer during a tornado.

I lived in a trailer before the big one hit and had one scary incident. The sirens sounded and there was no shelter to go to. You would think that there would be trailer park requirements for tornado shelters, but there was none. No shelter for miles.

So I would think that it would be a lack of options.

Predarat
03-05-2012, 11:37 AM

Sometimes there is nowhere to go, the choices might be trailer, car, or open field in a ditch or something. All pretty dangerous.

Setsuna
03-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Just curious but wtf would you have earthquake drills in Florida?

Exactly my point. I don't know but we did. Duval county school board wasn't very smart in those days. They have marginally wised up since then.

Setsuna
03-05-2012, 11:55 AM
ROFL

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzjz2bxCpt1r3k91no2_400.gif

I met Gonzo 3 years after the tornado and there were plenty of "losers" before him.

That sounds kind of......nah I won't say it. I don't know you like that.

Lumpy
03-05-2012, 12:06 PM
That sounds kind of......nah I won't say it. I don't know you like that.

:spock:

Yeah, I should have revised that to read, "a few" but trust me, they were all losers until Gonzo. And no, I didn't sleep w/ any of them. Which is what I assume you were thinking?

Regardless, we're not talking about titty twisters in this thread, so keep on topic, ass-munch! :p

Radar Chief
03-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Here’s a tornado crossing Grand Lake in north east Oklahoma last year. About an hour later the same storm dropped an F5 on Joplin.

http://i43.tinypic.com/dpg12q.jpg

Lzen
03-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Sometimes there is nowhere to go, the choices might be trailer, car, or open field in a ditch or something. All pretty dangerous.

Hmmmm, none of those options are good, but I'd probably go with the car. Drive as fast as you can away from the tornado.

kepp
03-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Hmmmm, none of those options are good, but I'd probably go with the car. Drive as fast as you can away from the tornado.

If I had no other option to living in a mobile home, I'd be digging and rigging a shelter of my own. It may be dirty, cramped, and water-logged, but we would survive.

The Dawg
03-05-2012, 11:18 PM

Thanks grammar police ROFLROFLROFL . What an ass clown

The Dawg
03-05-2012, 11:21 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

I'm reading through this laughing my ass off. Who gives a flying **** about grammar on a Chiefs message board. This isn't a term paper.

Lumpy
03-05-2012, 11:59 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

I'm reading through this laughing my ass off. Who gives a flying **** about grammar on a Chiefs message board. This ain't no term paper.

FYP :D

Bugeater
03-06-2012, 12:47 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

I'm reading through this laughing my ass off. Who gives a flying **** about grammar on a Chiefs message board. This isn't a term paper.
Yeah...who cares about looking like a ignorant fuckstick. I'd suggest taking a remedial grammar course before you have to actually write a term paper someday...or a resume or something that IS really important. This is something you should've learned in the 3rd grade FFS.

J Diddy
03-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Yeah...who cares about looking like a ignorant ****stick. I'd suggest taking a remedial grammar course before you have to actually write a term paper someday...or a resume or something that IS really important. This is something you should've learned in the 3rd grade FFS.

Well I mean if we're going to go there, shouldn't it be Bug Eater?

Bugeater
03-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Well I mean if we're going to go there, shouldn't it be Bug Eater?
Negatory sir, my username comes from the original nickname of the University of Nebraska football team, not the outdoor pest control device.

J Diddy
03-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Negatory sir, my username comes from the original nickname of the University of Nebraska football team, not the outdoor pest control device.

I apologize. In all fairness, mine should be Jay Did E.

mikey23545
03-06-2012, 01:27 AM

Number of earthquakes in the last 30 years in the United States:

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9728/topstates.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/topstates.gif/)

Oh yeah, I'm sure Florida schools in Duval County were always having "earthquake drills" since not only do they never have them, but there is no way to predict the things. ROFL And you still haven't explained how you don't know what a tornado is.

Most tornadoes by state:

Top 5 states with highest incidence of tornadoes (average per year, 1950–2007): Texas (139), Oklahoma (57), Kansas (55), Florida (55), Nebraska (45)

Hmm...4th most tornadoes in the nation for Florida, yet your school was having "earthquake drills", huh?...

Read more: Tornadoes — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/tornado1.html#ixzz1oJqVaTFz

You are as full of shit as the day is long...and BTW, I'm over 50 years old and have lived in Florida all my life, so don't you tell me what living in Florida is like, you lying little snake...

Dartgod
03-06-2012, 07:02 AM

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9728/topstates.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/topstates.gif/)

California has only had 2 earthquakes in the last 30 years? :spock:

Mojo Jojo
03-06-2012, 07:10 AM

Didn't California have two yesterday?

mikey23545
03-06-2012, 07:25 AM

Here's the link to the site the map came from...It may be only quakes over a certain magnitude. I'm in a hurry right now or I would do a little more checking into it.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/states/top_states.php

mikey23545
03-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Got it...Those numbers are the rankings of the states in number of earthquakes...

In other words, Alaska is number 1, California is number 2, etc...

Setsuna
03-06-2012, 09:45 AM

Oh yeah, I'm sure Florida schools in Duval County were always having "earthquake drills" since not only do they never have them, but there is no way to predict the things. ROFL And you still haven't explained how you don't know what a tornado is.

Most tornadoes by state:

Top 5 states with highest incidence of tornadoes (average per year, 1950–2007): Texas (139), Oklahoma (57), Kansas (55), Florida (55), Nebraska (45)

Hmm...4th most tornadoes in the nation for Florida, yet your school was having "earthquake drills", huh?...

Read more: Tornadoes — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/tornado1.html#ixzz1oJqVaTFz

You are as full of shit as the day is long...and BTW, I'm over 50 years old and have lived in Florida all my life, so don't you tell me what living in Florida is like, you lying little snake...

I didn't say we had the drills because we had an actual earthquake dipshit. I said regardless of how carzy that sounds, we had them. And when the **** did I say I didn't know what a goddam tornado was? I said I haven't had experience with them and want to know what to do since I'm going to college in manhattan, ks in the fall. You really, really need to shut your mouth because right now everyone thinks you're an idiot in this thread.

Predarat
03-06-2012, 11:53 AM
15 earthquakes in Tennessee?? Ohhh shit!

frankotank
04-03-2012, 01:32 PM
just saw this on CNN....and of course CP has a place for it!

<object width="416" height="374" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=bestoftv/2012/04/03/vo-nr-texas-tornado-trailers-wfaa.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=bestoftv/2012/04/03/vo-nr-texas-tornado-trailers-wfaa.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="374"></embed></object>

well FUDGE! can't get it to embed. how about this?

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2012/04/03/vo-nr-texas-tornado-trailers-wfaa.cnn

LiveSteam
04-03-2012, 02:11 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/549645_417961538220536_100000200802324_1796960_359975855_n.jpg

In58men
04-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Dallas is getting hit pretty bad, I think 4 tornados have touched down.

Monty
04-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Dallas is getting hit pretty bad, I think 4 tornados have touched down.

At least. We're in lockdown here at the house in Frisco. 3 active tornado warnings at present.

Predarat
04-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Yike they are getting hammered.

Monty
04-03-2012, 02:29 PM
NBC5 is streaming the coverage if you're interested:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/weather/stories/Severe-Storms-Building-to-the-West-145934445.html

J Diddy
04-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Geez, hope everyone's alright down there.

Nzoner
04-03-2012, 02:37 PM
just saw this on CNN....and of course CP has a place for it!

<object width="416" height="374" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=bestoftv/2012/04/03/vo-nr-texas-tornado-trailers-wfaa.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=bestoftv/2012/04/03/vo-nr-texas-tornado-trailers-wfaa.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="374"></embed></object>

well FUDGE! can't get it to embed. how about this?

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2012/04/03/vo-nr-texas-tornado-trailers-wfaa.cnn

Dumbasses in those vehicles driving a few blocks away."Wow what a stor...." crunch as car is leveled by flying truck trailer.

InChiefsHeaven
04-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Geez, hope everyone's alright down there.

Just sent a text to a buddy of mine who lives down there. Says it's mostly to the south of him, he's getting lots of lightning though. Damn.

R8RFAN
04-03-2012, 03:09 PM
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/2561/texastornado.jpg

Radar Chief
04-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Dumbasses in those vehicles driving a few blocks away."Wow what a stor...." crunch as car is leveled by flying truck trailer.

I gotta go Julia, we got cows. /Dr. Melissa Reeves

DaFace
04-03-2012, 04:13 PM
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/2561/texastornado.jpg

If you're around semi trailers when they're flying 300' in the air, you're gonna have a bad time.

R8RFAN
04-03-2012, 04:18 PM
If you're around semi trailers when they're flying 300' in the air, you're gonna have a bad time.

Scary driving at night when it's storming bad like that.... Can't see them

ModSocks
04-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Tornadoes are racist.

Chieficus
04-12-2012, 01:04 PM
It looks like it will be an active couple of days...

The SPC (storm prediction center) already has a moderate risk in their day-3 outlook for east-central Kansas (wichita is basically at the heart) and central Oklahoma.

To put this into perspective (source--a bored meteorology grad student I have connections to who researched and blogged about this), this is only the 11th day-3 moderate risk outlook the spc has issued in the past decade. Every single time there have been multiple storms producing tornadoes in the risk area. And, if I remember right, 4 of the 10 have seen outbreaks, including last year's late-april GA, MS, AL super-outbreak.

They are not forecasting anything that bad for KS/OK on Saturday, but they do think there is a good probability of large long-track tornadoes.

Just something to keep an eye on if you're in that area.

RedDread
04-12-2012, 01:13 PM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/feet-of-hail-northwest-texas_2012-04-12

crispystl
04-12-2012, 06:06 PM
I saw the one that hit downtown Moberly in 94?? I think. There was baseball sized hail before it came through. I knew a guy that lived in a trailer and it was picked up by a tornado at night while he was sleeping and dropped in a lake! Could you imagine dying like that? Think about it... you're deep in sleep then you dream you;re drowning only to wake up in the pitch black freezing cold and realize you really are drowning. This incident happened a few years ago, It was a separate incident from the Moberly tornado, but it's such a crazy story I had to tell it.

TimeForWasp
04-12-2012, 06:21 PM

Maybe he belongs on the bottom of a swimming pool.

Archie F. Swin
04-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Could have violent tornadoes in Kansas on Saturday. Could be a long day for south central KS.