PDA

View Full Version : Life End of the world thoughts

J Diddy
03-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Concerning, the Mayan calendar...They didn't account for leap year in their calendar.

Shouldn't the world have already ended?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-05-2012, 11:33 AM
When is it suppose to happen this time....?

J Diddy
03-05-2012, 11:36 AM

Lol, you don't watch much TV do you?

Rasputin
03-05-2012, 11:38 AM
If we aren't ever going to draft a QBotf and stuck with Cassel then by all means bring on the END of The World!

Dave Lane
03-05-2012, 11:39 AM

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Concerning, the Mayan calendar...They didn't account for leap year in their calendar.

Shouldn't the world have already ended?

If they didn't account for any leap years they miscalculated by 63 days... we'd be that many days further into the calendar with no leap years. So if they're right about the year we're all going to perish 63 days before they thought. You're welcome.

J Diddy
03-05-2012, 11:50 AM
If they didn't account for any leap years they miscalculated by 63 days... we'd be that many days further into the calendar with no leap years. So if they're right about the year we're all going to perish 63 days before they thought. You're welcome.

45 bc was when the leap year was created, I don't get the 63 days?

Pitt Gorilla
03-05-2012, 11:56 AM
THERE HAVE BEEN ABOUT 514 LEAP YEARS SINCE CAESAR CREATED IT IN 45BC. WITHOUT THE EXTRA DAY EVERY 4 YEARS, TODAY WOULD BE JULY 28, 2013. ALSO, THE MAYAN CALENDAR DID NOT ACCOUNT FOR LEAP YEAR…SO TECHNICALLY THE WORLD SHOULD HAVE ENDED 7 MONTHS AGO.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-05-2012, 11:58 AM

Something I read at work the other day. Doesn't surprise me if it was wrong.

Hydrae
03-05-2012, 12:01 PM

When was the calendar made though? That has nothing to do with when leap year was started in the western world.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-05-2012, 12:04 PM
:cuss:So should I trash all this pig cum I've been storing or not ! :cuss:

Bump
03-05-2012, 12:05 PM

this isn't some line out of the bible dude

Rain Man
03-05-2012, 12:15 PM
THERE HAVE BEEN ABOUT 514 LEAP YEARS SINCE CAESAR CREATED IT IN 45BC. WITHOUT THE EXTRA DAY EVERY 4 YEARS, TODAY WOULD BE JULY 28, 2013. ALSO, THE MAYAN CALENDAR DID NOT ACCOUNT FOR LEAP YEAR…SO TECHNICALLY THE WORLD SHOULD HAVE ENDED 7 MONTHS AGO.

So...right about the time that Cassel was formally named the starter for 2011. That makes sense.

keg in kc
03-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Some calculations say it was as far back as 1991 or 1992.

lcarus
03-05-2012, 12:17 PM
I don't believe the 2012 stuff. However, I've said it once and I'll say it again. If it turns out that the world ends this year, the timing is spot-on.

J Diddy
03-05-2012, 12:22 PM
When was the calendar made though? That has nothing to do with when leap year was started in the western world.

circa 3770 bc

Lumpy
03-05-2012, 12:24 PM
This reminds me, I should probably load up on tampons.

Fat Elvis
03-05-2012, 12:24 PM
:cuss:So should I trash all this pig cum I've been storing or not ! :cuss:

Horde it and become a doomsday prepper.

Gonzo
03-05-2012, 12:29 PM
TECHNICALLY THE WORLD SHOULD HAVE ENDED 7 MONTHS AGO.

Maybe it did and we're all dead...

You ever think about that, asshole?

HUH??!?!

http://images2.static-bluray.com/reviews/662_2.jpg

J Diddy
03-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Horde it and become a doomsday prepper.

Couldn't agree more. After the hog is wiped from the face of the earth, hog you will be responsible for the rehogging. Thanks largely in part to your huge stockpile of pig semen.

God bless you Hog Farmer and God bless America.

J Diddy
03-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Maybe it did and we're all dead...

You ever think about that, asshole?

HUH??!?!

http://images2.static-bluray.com/reviews/662_2.jpg

I'd have remember that. Also, I heard when you die you don't have to pay bills anymore..

Gonzo
03-05-2012, 12:34 PM
http://oldspouse.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/kaboom1.jpg

J Diddy
03-05-2012, 12:43 PM
http://oldspouse.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/kaboom1.jpg

Yup, definitely would have remembered that.

Bowser
03-05-2012, 12:43 PM
It's not the Mayans I'm worried about so much, it's the other nutjobs with access to ways to actually make it happen that I'm worried about.

ANd I'm so worried about it that I haven't even stocked up on bottled water and toilet paper. YET.

J Diddy
03-05-2012, 12:47 PM
It's not the Mayans I'm worried about so much, it's the other nutjobs with access to ways to actually make it happen that I'm worried about.

ANd I'm so worried about it that I haven't even stocked up on bottled water and toilet paper. YET.

I'm with you there. I'm not concerned about the moon falling on us. I'm concerned about the jerkwads who are going to use it for an excuse to loot, shoot, etc. on the 22nd. I personally will be holed with some buddies and some rifles that night.

Rausch
03-05-2012, 12:51 PM
The Mayans were more accurate than the History channel.

Their 5k calendar turned over years ago...

keg in kc
03-05-2012, 12:57 PM

ANd I'm so worried about it that I haven't even stocked up on bottled water and toilet paper. YET.Yeah, I'm actually afraid that as well.

I'm risking DC by saying this, but it was long rumored that GWB was a doomsdayer who purportedly saw himself as the guiding light for America through the Apocalypse. I am totally fine with people thinking the world's going to end, or thinking the rapture is coming, or whatever. But it terrifies me when someone who might believe that has a finger on the button and/or can actively play a role in bringing it about. Hopefully there was never any truth to it and it was just the wackjob conspiracy it sounded like.

Of course, calendar or no calendar, there are people out there actively trying to end the world as we know it. The thought of EMP nukes going off in the atmosphere scares me maybe even more than the idea of dirty bombs going off, because it would be such a fundamental shift in our world here in the US. The grid goes down, and god forbid the internet goes down. I don't know that we grasp just how technological our lives are now. Scary with the solar radiation in the same way, although I don't believe in the doomsdaying on that side either (some people think the world ends this year due to a massive solar storm).

And then there's the quieter ways to end the world. Electronically, but without destroying the grid. Take down the world economy and establish a new one with different people on top (hey China). Scary thought there, too.

I expect the world just keeps rolling and there's nothing to any of it, but there's no question that there are people out there who'd like to fundamentally shift things in scary ways.

Remember the days when it was just nuclear bombs, or the 90s when it was just nukes or biological attacks?

Okie_Apparition
03-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Like the Mayan calander was chiseled in stone