PDA

View Full Version : Poop Silver: Manning would be crazy to consider Chiefs

Fumblerooski
03-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Not clearly marked on the first 2 pages if its already somewhere.. So GFY Repost Police...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-peyton_manning_colts_ranking_new_teams_030612

10. Kansas City Chiefs: New coach Romeo Crennel caused a stir at the combine by saying he “would be crazy not to consider” signing Manning were the quarterback to become available, which kind of sounded like tampering. In my opinion, Manning would be crazy to consider the Chiefs. Yeah, they have a big-time halfback in Jamaal Charles (coming off a torn ACL), a potential star in talented wideout Dwayne Bowe and some good players on defense, but there are plenty of reasons for Manning not to come to K.C. The first is the presence of newly hired offensive coordinator Brian Daboll – ask the Browns’ Colt McCoy how he thinks Manning might enjoy playing for such a coach. Another is general manager Scott Pioli, whose control-freak tendencies likely wouldn’t allow for a quarterback who desires near autonomy. (If nothing else Manning, were he to sign with the Chiefs, should keep his cell-phone number a secret.) I’m sure Manning is also thrilled that Pioli decided to waive veteran offensive lineman Brian Waters before the 2011 season. Waters jumped to the Patriots and made the Pro Bowl blocking for Tom Brady. Bottom line: I don’t see Manning in a Chiefs uniform, at all.

Megbert
03-07-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm pretty sure if Manning does sign here, Daboll will be kept in check.

swayy07
03-07-2012, 01:33 AM
and hes a fucking idiot, so just because manning has a vacation home in florida and they have brandon marshall and reggie bush that makes them the lock for it? i cant see his train of thought on this one

Imon Yourside
03-07-2012, 01:35 AM
This guy was proven to be nothing more than an asshole with an axe to grind in the other thread. /thread

Direckshun
03-07-2012, 01:36 AM
Q

Megbert
03-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Oh and 'some talent on defense'. Some talent that ranked 11th overall.

pr_capone
03-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Oh and 'some talent on defense'. Some talent that ranked 11th overall.

w/o Berry AND starting cats like McGraw & Sabby at S. Add a NT and a S via the draft and you have some serious firepower on D.

The big question on D is Carr and if he DOES go, can Routt step up?

Epic Fail 007
03-07-2012, 01:50 AM
Fuck this guy hes an asshole. Lol miami is so far away they are not going anywhere even with manning.

kcxiv
03-07-2012, 01:50 AM
w/o Berry AND starting cats like McGraw & Sabby at S. Add a NT and a S via the draft and you have some serious firepower in the secondary.

The big question on D is Carr and if he DOES go, can Routt step up?

Routt is going to be a good number 2 corner, thats what he is. ITs what Carr mostly was here. Main WR usually lines up on the strong side. Im curious as to how Carr plays when he's basically covering 1's all day.

salame
03-07-2012, 01:57 AM
he wont be here
it sucks
but he wont

Epic Fail 007
03-07-2012, 02:24 AM
he wont be here
it sucks
but he wont

No you can`t say that for sure.

WhiteWhale
03-07-2012, 04:29 AM
I don't play this card often, but Silver (along with Florio) hate our team.

By 'team' I mean our owner and front office. Not the logo, the uniforms, or the players.

Fritz88
03-07-2012, 04:52 AM
He won't come because of other reasons.

The shitiest poster in here > Silver the cunt.

Stupid, dumb, fucking reasons if you ask me.

Jim Jones
03-07-2012, 05:07 AM
I don't care for Silver one way or the other, but what exactly did he say that was incorrect? That Manning probably wouldn't want to play for a jackass like Pioli? Does that surprise anyone?

CoMoChief
03-07-2012, 05:12 AM
Isn't this the same dumbfuck that criticized Haley for going to a Lil Wayne concert?

Vick Catcher
03-07-2012, 05:15 AM
Peyton Manning derby: Ranking 12 potential landing spots for QB’s services

By Michael Silver, Yahoo! Sports 6 hours, 28 minutes ago

10. Kansas City Chiefs: New coach Romeo Crennel caused a stir at the combine by saying he “would be crazy not to consider” signing Manning were the quarterback to become available, which kind of sounded like tampering. In my opinion, Manning would be crazy to consider the Chiefs. Yeah, they have a big-time halfback in Jamaal Charles (coming off a torn ACL), a potential star in talented wideout Dwayne Bowe and some good players on defense, but there are plenty of reasons for Manning not to come to K.C. The first is the presence of newly hired offensive coordinator Brian Daboll – ask the Browns’ Colt McCoy how he thinks Manning might enjoy playing for such a coach. Another is general manager Scott Pioli, whose control-freak tendencies likely wouldn’t allow for a quarterback who desires near autonomy. (If nothing else Manning, were he to sign with the Chiefs, should keep his cell-phone number a secret.) I’m sure Manning is also thrilled that Pioli decided to waive veteran offensive lineman Brian Waters before the 2011 season. Waters jumped to the Patriots and made the Pro Bowl blocking for Tom Brady. Bottom line: I don’t see Manning in a Chiefs uniform, at all.

3. Denver Broncos: Wait, did I just do something else to tick off the Tebowites? Perhaps, but it’s not personal. Tim Tebow is deservedly popular and has a ton of potential, but he could also use a year to work on his mechanics, recognition of defenses and other basic quarterbacking skills. In the meantime, watching one of the all-time masters at work wouldn’t be a terrible blow to the kid’s development. And while most passers wouldn’t be thrilled with the idea of throwing themselves into such a potentially contentious situation (given the cult-like worship of the incumbent), Manning could surely handle it. He’d take full control of a team that won the AFC West last year on the strength of its defense and running game – and he’d make young receivers Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker look even better than they already do. The Broncos have a star at left tackle (Ryan Clady) and a better-than-average line, and though there’s always potential for inclement weather in Colorado, it’s typically not an issue. Most general managers wouldn’t dream of bringing in someone that would send Tebow to the bench, but executive vice president of football operations John Elway isn’t most people. As one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, Elway might just have the guts to make a run at another man who fits that description, Tebowmania be damned.

:shake:

MagicHef
03-07-2012, 05:48 AM
Talking about Clady in a positive manner? Claiming the Broncos having a better-than-average line? He's writing from 3 years ago!

mikey23545
03-07-2012, 06:37 AM
I think people would be crazy to consider reading the drivel this fucker writes.

bricks
03-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Michael Silver can go jam a cactus far far up his a**

FAX
03-07-2012, 06:55 AM
This guy put the "ha" in "hack", we know that.

However, we ourselves, together, one and all, grouply, would be foolish indeed were we not to consider the points this numbskull makes. For example, Daboll is no big deal. Were we to actually acquire Manning's services, we might as well save the money on an OC and hire a quality control coordinator for Manning who can work with the other assistants to compile the weekly game-plan. Under Dungy, the Colts staff were willing to defer to Manning ... is Daboll that kind of person? His past, reported interactions with quarterbacks doesn't seem to indicate that he is.

Additionally, there is the great and powerful OZ to consider. We have to assume by now that Pioli's reputation as a controlling dominatrix is accurate and well-earned. Does he want to consciously and voluntarily subvert his power over the team and his perception within the community as a whole? Will he be willing to step aside along with his beloved Cassel and give credit for our presumed, future success to Manning?

FAX

BigMeatballDave
03-07-2012, 06:56 AM
Silver can eat a bag of dicks.

The Franchise
03-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Peyton won't come here. He hates the color red. /Silver

Sofa King
03-07-2012, 08:08 AM
and hes a ****ing idiot, so just because manning has a vacation home in florida and they have brandon marshall and reggie bush that makes them the lock for it? i cant see his train of thought on this one

You didn't read the article did you.

BoneKrusher
03-07-2012, 08:15 AM
i was reading a thread/poll over at SWDC this morning and they have fans from all 32 teams and currently in this poll Arizona has the lead for the most likely landing spot for Peyton.

the Chiefs have nearly 20 votes.

Screen Shot of the poll results:
http://i40.tinypic.com/33uzz8w.png

petegz28
03-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Technically Kansas City is the best fit for Manning. We have a strong defense. We have one of the best RB's in the league. We have one of the better WR corps in the league. We have salary cap room to sign him and other FA's to improve where needed.

If Peyton were to not want to come to KC I would think it would be for either the front office and\or cold weather which he really has not had to play in a lot.

Chiefnj2
03-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Technically Kansas City is the best fit for Manning. We have a strong defense. We have one of the best RB's in the league. We have one of the better WR corps in the league. We have salary cap room to sign him and other FA's to improve where needed.

If Peyton were to not want to come to KC I would think it would be for either the front office and\or cold weather which he really has not had to play in a lot.

Homerism.

That strong defense was completely blown out of the water in 5 games last year. The "best" RB is coming off an ACL tear and the offense as a whole just set a franchise record for fewest points scored.

Plus, management and ownership hasn't demonstrated a commitment to winning. And, Daboll as OC?? C'mon.

Deberg_1990
03-07-2012, 08:30 AM
heh, i doubt it happens but Houston would be an interesting spot for him. Schaub does get hurt alot.

JD10367
03-07-2012, 08:30 AM
The first is the presence of newly hired offensive coordinator Brian Daboll – ask the Browns’ Colt McCoy how he thinks Manning might enjoy playing for such a coach. Another is general manager Scott Pioli, whose control-freak tendencies likely wouldn’t allow for a quarterback who desires near autonomy.

This is teh stoopid. In the first place, Colt Fucking McCoy is not Peyton Manning. No offensive coordinator would treat Colt McCoy, gameplan around Colt McCoy, or instruct Colt McCoy the same way they would Manning. In the second place, while Pioli may be a control-freak, he's already been in charge of Tom Brady and he's well aware of Manning's talents, so as a GM he would not micromanage Manning to the same degree he would a lesser QB.

Shit. Wall. Fling. Doesn't stick.

Deberg_1990
03-07-2012, 08:32 AM
i was reading a thread/poll over at SWDC this morning and they have fans from all 32 teams and currently in this poll Arizona has the lead for the most likely landing spot for Peyton.

the Chiefs have nearly 20 votes.

Screen Shot of the poll results:
http://i40.tinypic.com/33uzz8w.png

IM not sure that the Cards could pay for both Manning and Kolb? I guess they would cut Kolb?

AndChiefs
03-07-2012, 08:33 AM
IM not sure that the Cards could pay for both Manning and Kolb? I guess they would cut Kolb?

Yeah everything I've heard involving them is they'd have to sign him quickly to avoid paying Kolb his bonus. Once that bonus hits they'd be out of the sweepstakes.

Warrior5
03-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Piss on Silver.

Having said that, I will not get my hopes up about Manning...

DumbHillbillies
03-07-2012, 08:35 AM
manning to contender that ain't the chiefs

jd1020
03-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Piss on Silver.

Not sure why anyone would. 2 teams are already out there saying that they will make a strong push for Manning... NYJ and SEA. Both of them don't seem to mind the possibility of signing Wayne, either.

BoneKrusher
03-07-2012, 08:37 AM

i think the reason the Cards are leading in this poll is because Peyton has a strong relationship with the HC and he's friends with Fitz.

and yeah the Cards have an opt out of the Kolb contract from what i've heard.

Dayze
03-07-2012, 08:39 AM
that was one of the most illogical articles I've ever read. aside fromt eh Pioli control-freak part.

Radar Chief
03-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Piss on Silver.

I’ll believe it when Clark, Scott and Peyton have a press conference together to announce the signing and hand Manning his jersey.

J Diddy
03-07-2012, 08:41 AM
that was one of the most illogical articles I've ever read. aside fromt eh Pioli control-freak part.

This. My son does better with crayolas and a big chief.

BoneKrusher
03-07-2012, 08:41 AM
i think the reason the Cards are leading in this poll is because Peyton has a strong relationship with the HC and he's friends with Fitz.

and yeah the Cards have an opt out of the Kolb contract from what i've heard.

the link on Kolb.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/58669/manningwatch-cards-kolb-commitment

Dayze
03-07-2012, 08:42 AM
This. My son does better with crayolas and a big chief.

LMAO
I haven't thought about those in about 30 years. lol

htismaqe
03-07-2012, 08:45 AM

Um, the "Pioli control-freak part" was basically the basis of the article. So how is it illogical?

WV
03-07-2012, 08:45 AM
I don't care for Silver one way or the other, but what exactly did he say that was incorrect? That Manning probably wouldn't want to play for a jackass like Pioli? Does that surprise anyone?

Yeah clearly his lovey dovey relationship with the Colts front office worked out great huh? I question whether any player really cares who the teams GM is as long as his check is on time.

Dayze
03-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Not clearly marked on the first 2 pages if its already somewhere.. So GFY Repost Police...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-peyton_manning_colts_ranking_new_teams_030612

-Jamaal will be fine
-Hali, DJ, Flowers, Berry, Houston.....yeah...only some players are good.
-Daboll would not stand in the way of running what Peyton wanted. Who gives a crap if Cart McCoy got his widdle feelings hurt. HOF QB? Or Daboll...yeah, I'll roll with HOF QB.
-Waters was hinting at retiring anyway (I think)

retarded article. Sure, Manning might not end up here...but saying he'd be crazy to 'consider' the Chiefs is really inaccurate. What a terrible 'article'. :shake:

htismaqe
03-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Homerism.

That strong defense was completely blown out of the water in 5 games last year. The "best" RB is coming off an ACL tear and the offense as a whole just set a franchise record for fewest points scored.

Plus, management and ownership hasn't demonstrated a commitment to winning. And, Daboll as OC?? C'mon.

And here I was, building up my positive energy for the last few weeks.

Why are you such an asshole?

:D

:deevee:

Chiefnj2
03-07-2012, 08:51 AM
And here I was, building up my positive energy for the last few weeks.

Why are you such an asshole?

:D

:deevee:

Manning is a desperate move drawing interest from desperate teams. Do it the right way, draft and develop.

notorious
Meh.

Writers do this stuff on purpose, and it's working to a T.

stonedstooge
Man I hope if Manning comes in for an interview, he passes the candy wrapper test and picks it up.

notorious
03-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Man I hope if Manning comes in for an interview, he passes the candy wrapper test and picks it up.

And shoves it up Pioli's ass for giving us Cassel.

jd1020
03-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Manning is a desperate move drawing interest from desperate teams. Do it the right way, draft and develop.

How does Manning prevent you from drafting and developing?

If you sign Manning you've pretty much given up on your starter and he's only going to be around for less than a handful of years so you are going to be drafting and developing his replacement.

boogblaster
03-07-2012, 08:57 AM
who knows .. it'll be a money-deal where ever he goes .....

notorious
03-07-2012, 08:58 AM

If you sign Manning you've pretty much given up on your starter and he's only going to be around for less than a handful of years so you are going to be drafting and developing his replacement.

This.

I have always been against using a retread QB when there isn't a guy on the bench that will be ready to take over.

If we get Manning, there better be a QBOTF sitting on the bench or we will be stuck right back in the 90's.

Chiefshrink
03-07-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm pretty sure if Manning does sign here, Daboll will be kept in check.

Whoever Manning signs with, he will make damn sure he is in check to no one except to his teammates with a "W" at the end of the game. Daboll WILL let him do pretty much what he wants IF he is smart.

htismaqe
03-07-2012, 09:01 AM

The Chiefs haven't won a PLAYOFF game since Whitney Houston and Meatloaf had #1 hits.

That's the definition of "desperate".

htismaqe
03-07-2012, 09:01 AM
This.

I have always been against using a retread QB when there isn't a guy on the bench that will be ready to take over.

If we get Manning, there better be a QBOTF sitting on the bench or we will be stuck right back in the 90's.

News flash - the 90's were BETTER than this...

AndChiefs
03-07-2012, 09:02 AM
The Chiefs haven't won a game since Whitney Houston and Meatloaf had #1 hits.

That's the definition of "desperate".

I didn't realize Whitney Houston and Meatloaf were still so popular this year. :D

htismaqe
03-07-2012, 09:03 AM
I didn't realize Whitney Houston and Meatloaf were still so popular this year. :D

Holy shit. Typo of the day! ROFL

siberian khatru
03-07-2012, 09:08 AM

I'd like to see him shake Pioli's hand, sit down, remove a piece of candy from his pocket, unwrap it, pop it in his mouth, toss the wrapper on the floor -- then sit there staring at Pioli while chewing.

Stryker
03-07-2012, 09:08 AM
I’ll believe it when Clark, Scott and Peyton have a press conference together to announce the signing and hand Manning his jersey.

THIS!

All this hoopla and speculation is just that. Miami and Washington seem to be the front runners in the push to get him according to the media. Arizona makes the most sense to me IMO.

Free agency starts Tuesday - he will not be on a team Wednesday. He can wait till after the draft or right before trainning camp to sign. That to me is smart.

He is still broken goods. He is not the Peyton of the past and still has to be cleared by team doctors. Although he seems to be getting better and better, he is still very much a risk IMO.

If he signs here great, if he does not - oh well. This is not a make or break thing like most on this board feel. I would feel much better if the Chiefs had various avenues regarding QB lined up - a Plan A, B and C if you will so all your hopes are not riding on "Peyton" because the likely hood does not appear to be in KC.

Dayze
03-07-2012, 09:13 AM
I'd like to see him shake Pioli's hand, sit down, remove a piece of candy from his pocket, unwrap it, pop it in his mouth, toss the wrapper on the floor -- then sit there staring at Pioli while chewing.

I see it like this.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NrbMnVoAQQ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe
03-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Free agency starts Tuesday - he will not be on a team Wednesday. He can wait till after the draft or right before trainning camp to sign. That to me is smart.

Actually, free agency starts for Manning TODAY. Once he is released he can sign anywhere he wants because his contract has been terminated.

If he signs here great, if he does not - oh well. This is not a make or break thing like most on this board feel. I would feel much better if the Chiefs had various avenues regarding QB lined up - a Plan A, B and C if you will so all your hopes are not riding on "Peyton" because the likely hood does not appear to be in KC.

Why do you think a lot of people here feel like getting Manning is make-or-break?

Because the Chiefs don't have a Plan A, B, or C. They have Cassel and that's it.

Sure-Oz
03-07-2012, 09:15 AM
All i see on twitter is ARZ and Miami are the sexy picks for peyton. getting annoying...

Messier
03-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Why even write this article? Why single out the Chiefs to not even make the case that it's a bad fit, but to basically point out that you don't like the team, and you don't like Pioli? You could make a case for any of the teams that they are a bad fit. This is just an article saying, I hate Pioli, and I don't want Manning going there to help them.

Chiefshrink
03-07-2012, 09:18 AM
THIS!

All this hoopla and speculation is just that. Miami and Washington seem to be the front runners in the push to get him according to the media. Arizona makes the most sense to me IMO.

He is still broken goods. He is not the Peyton of the past and still has to be cleared by team doctors. Although he seems to be getting better and better, he is still very much a risk IMO.

Your common sense rules. But Pioli will play the "potential card" here for PR sake to at least give the impression to the masses that "he at least tried":rolleyes:

Chiefnj2
03-07-2012, 09:39 AM

They haven't drafted and developed when they had crap at QB. I don't see them using a first, or even early 2nd in a deep class, if they had Manning.

Micjones
03-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Bowe's a "potential" star?
We have SOME good players defensively?
Daboll would matter if Manning were signed?
Pioli would sign a player like Manning and then micromanage him?

I don't know if I can stomach another two days of these kinds of articles.

milkman
03-07-2012, 10:11 AM
They haven't drafted and developed when they had crap at QB. I don't see them using a first, or even early 2nd in a deep class, if they had Manning.

So, if they haven't drafted one regardless of situation, what makes you think they'll draft one if they don't sign Manning?