PDA

View Full Version : Football Seahawks willing to spend big for Peyton Manning

Kerberos
03-07-2012, 09:15 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/07/report-seahawks-willing-to-spend-big-for-peyton-manning/

Report: Seahawks willing to spend big for Peyton Manning
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 7, 2012, 9:18 AM EST

The NFL’s wealthiest owner may be willing to give a sizable chunk of his wealth to Peyton Manning.

The Seattle Seahawks are planning to “come out checkbook blazing” for Manning, a source tells Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com, who is also reporting that the Jets will check Manning out.

Seahawks owner Paul Allen has a net worth estimated at $13.5 billion, making him about $10 billion richer than the second-wealthiest NFL owner, Stephen Ross of the Dolphins. So from Allen’s perspective, money will not be an issue.

The Seahawks are right in the middle of the NFL in terms of how much cap space they have available, so getting a deal done under the cap shouldn’t be an issue either.

Whether the Seahawks are the right fit for Manning from a football perspective remains to be seen, but from a financial perspective, it sounds like the Seahawks would be willing to make him a competitive offer.

suds79
03-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Doesn't matter. They stink and Peyton wouldn't want to get beat up against that 49er D.

Scratch them off.

Mile High Mania
03-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Offensively... they need a lot and I don't see this happening. Manning will want a nice contract, but he won't follow $ - he wants to win another title and he has a small window.

Fritz88
03-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Doesn't matter. They stink and Peyton wouldn't want to get beat up against that 49er D.

Scratch them off.

They have a solid Oline.

suds79
03-07-2012, 09:29 AM
They have a solid Oline.

Seriously? I mean sure they do. But is that their pitch?

Joe Seahawk
03-07-2012, 09:31 AM
Peyton, Reggie Wayne, and Mario Williams. Works for me! Make it happen.

Brock
03-07-2012, 09:33 AM
If money is all that matters, then yeah.

htismaqe
03-07-2012, 09:34 AM
If money is all that matters, then yeah.

I've heard several talking heads this morning saying the money doesn't matter. He wants to win another championship...

Brock
03-07-2012, 09:37 AM
I've heard several talking heads this morning saying the money doesn't matter. He wants to win another championship...

I'm pretty sure that's right.

Amnorix
03-07-2012, 09:41 AM

I'm pretty sure that's right.

I'd agree, but I think the money needs to be at least comparable. If Team X has a deal that has substantially more guaranteed dollars....

Imon Yourside
03-07-2012, 09:55 AM

Yup...anyone remember Joe Montana? He had a better offer from the Cardinals and came here.

Dayze
03-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Chiefs and Giants in the Super Bowl.

world implodes the day before the game.

Mile High Mania
03-07-2012, 10:10 AM
I definitely think he wants to be paid accordingly... but, I also think he would take less $ overall to go to a better team. Plus, he's already said he would take an incentive based deal - so less up front and lots with incentives.

SEA leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion... and are they really going to offer up exponentially more $ than another team? Possibly, but I don't see Peyton chasing the $. The dude has more $ than 4 generations of Mannings could squander, he won't be cheap, but he's not chasing coin.

Micjones
03-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Why was Allen's net worth even mentioned?

It's not like they can circumvent the salary cap and pay Manning out of pocket.

Chiefnj2
03-07-2012, 10:15 AM

The salary cap can always be circumvented to a degree. Turn all base salaries into multi year signing bonuses. You need a cash rich owner for that.

Okie_Apparition
03-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Peyton is going to bring back stucco
There will be enough shit slung on walls over the next 2 months
Buy chicken wire stock

Imon Yourside
03-07-2012, 10:24 AM
F*** the Seahawks, F*** the Dolphins, F*** the Cardinals, F*** all but the Chiefs!

Got it?

Molitoth
03-07-2012, 10:25 AM

Scratch them off.

LOL, you think Peyton is so scared of a defense that he won't sign in that weak division?
ROFL

Okie_Apparition
03-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Everyone obtain a southern drawl so Peyton feels at home
hell we already have BBQ possum at Arrowhead

Imon Yourside
03-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Everyone obtain a southern drawl so Peyton feels at home
hell we already have BBQ possum at Arrowhead

Jim Bob Cooter ftmfw!

Mojo Jojo
03-07-2012, 10:30 AM

I believe he is implying that Allen has more cash resources on hand and could provide a huge signing bonus day one. Then offer a smaller contract.

kcpasco
03-07-2012, 10:32 AM
I definitely think he wants to be paid accordingly... but, I also think he would take less $ overall to go to a better team. Plus, he's already said he would take an incentive based deal - so less up front and lots with incentives.

SEA leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion... and are they really going to offer up exponentially more $ than another team? Possibly, but I don't see Peyton chasing the $. The dude has more $ than 4 generations of Mannings could squander, he won't be cheap, but he's not chasing coin.

Albert Pujols disagrees

MGRS13
03-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Money is always the only thing that matters. Phins or sehawks. 20 mil a year.

MIAdragon
03-07-2012, 10:40 AM

LoL the guy is set for life, he wants to prove that he still has it, he wants to win.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Geez I'll just be glad when he signs with somebody so we can move on!

Brock
03-07-2012, 10:45 AM

That's ridiculous. Manning has very little time left, he's going to be in it for another championship.

Chiefnj2
03-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Allen already committed to purchasing extra large sideline baseball caps that fit over Peyton's monstrous noggin and forehead. He also redid the turf so the hashmarks are moved all the way to the left so Manning won't have to throw left ever again. Smart guy.

suds79
03-07-2012, 10:57 AM
LOL, you think Peyton is so scared of a defense that he won't sign in that weak division?
ROFL

Yes. I think it's a factor. Ask Pierre Thomas what he thinks of the 49ers? 49ers are an ascending team.

Since you mentioned it, which division is weaker? That one or the AFC West.

Okie_Apparition
03-07-2012, 11:06 AM
They didn't re-open the Saints' bounty case back up because Williams didn't stop the program
They re-opened to assure Peyton it was safe to come back
It's safer than ever to be a QB

Mr. Laz
03-07-2012, 11:53 AM

Scratch them off.

this

Manning has been getting paid big for some time now ... 18-25 million per year etc.

imo Manning will want to get paid BUT he wants a good team around him so he can make one last charge for another ring.

bevischief
03-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Geez I'll just be glad when he signs with somebody so we can move on!

I agree...

vailpass
03-07-2012, 12:25 PM
In every city that wants to land Manning every sports radio and newspaper columnist today is laying out why their city is the one Peyton will choose. And every city honestly believes they are the one. This will be interesting to watch.

I'm guessing Greg Williams is pretty happy to see Manning consuming every headline from here on out.

BoneKrusher
03-07-2012, 12:29 PM
From all i've read, money isn't the driving force for Peyton.
he's gonna go with the team he thinks can contend right away.

the owner that wants his stadium filled more will be the winner here.

Go Get em' Clark.

Epic Fail 007
03-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Again manning wants to win no way hell he dose that in seattle.

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 12:43 PM

Scratch them off.

Dude, you finished last in arguably the worst division in the NFL ROFL

vailpass
03-07-2012, 12:46 PM

LMAO shhhh, let them dream.

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 12:48 PM
LMAO shhhh, let them dream.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

They act like they are a QB away from a................................................

Wait for it

Wait some more

Like 40 + years :D

A SUPERBOWL!!! ROFLROFLROFLROFL

qabbaan
03-07-2012, 12:51 PM
This seems like the last place he would go. He wants another ring and any other team would match Seattle's best offer

vailpass
03-07-2012, 12:53 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

They act like they are a QB away from a................................................

SUPERBOWL!!! ROFLROFLROFLROFL

I'm not laughing at KC. If Berry, Charles, Moeaki come back 100%, if Baldwin is an NFL WR, if they shore up the o-line, if their young D players continue to progress, if they get a QB, KC is in a lot better shape than a lot of teams in the NFL.
I like their chances of getting there a lot better than Oakland's.

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Seattle is a big money city, This move would make sense to me, also remember, since he was released, his contract is void so they can give him 20 million guaranteed and pay him the league minimum for a 14 year old vet as a salary.

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm not laughing at KC. If Berry, Charles, Moeaki come back 100%, if Baldwin is an NFL WR, if they shore up the o-line, if their young D players continue to progress, if they get a QB, KC is in a lot better shape than a lot of teams in the NFL.
I like their chances of getting there a lot better than Oakland's.

I like their chances far better than The Donks too... what a coincidence, I have no idea what Oakland is going to do so I can't even say..

Rausch
03-07-2012, 12:55 PM

If it weren't for 2 blocked FG's you would have.

This division is so tight any number of small events being different and any of the 4 teams could have won.

The difference between worst and first was ONE FUCKING GAME...

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 12:58 PM
If it weren't for 2 blocked FG's you would have.

This division is so tight any number of small events being different and any of the 4 teams could have won.

The difference between worst and first was ONE ****ING GAME...

If if ands and but's were candy and nuts....... You know the rest

Rausch
03-07-2012, 01:04 PM
If if ands and but's were candy and nuts....... You know the rest

I'm not saying KC should have won the division. I'm saying one game was what kept EVERY team other than Denver winning the division.

There is no suck or great in this division - every team is mediocre...

vailpass
03-07-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm not saying KC should have won the division. I'm saying one game was what kept EVERY team other than Denver winning the division.

There is no suck or great in this division - every team is mediocre...

yep

whoman69
03-07-2012, 01:17 PM
I would have guess Paul Allen was richer. Still have to have a team around Peyton and work with the salary cap.